Megaman thread

So seeing how Megaman 11 is actually a thing and how Capcom is heavily promoting Megaman X, would it be safe to say that Megaman X9 done in a 2.5D style would be greenlit if 11 does well? Additionally what would you like to see in a Megaman X9?

Either way it looks like Volnutt will be stuck on the moon while X is on his way out.

Please no. X5's stages looked like dogshit.

As for the series, I have no idea where they'd go after X8. Sigma's been blasted into space and is pretty much dead, and that pink haired trap faggot is also dead IIRC. The only option would be for Axl to become a maverick due to his programming.

Well 2.5D in the same way Megaman 11 is 2.5D. Basically 3D graphics on a 2D plane.

Hotkeys for weapons. Having to cycle through all of them is tedious and clunky and is by far the worst part of otherwise great games. Imagine if they made the Sigma stages with the ability to quickly switch between weapons on the fly in mind? Giving all enemies a specific weapon weakness, requiring you to use one weapon and then another mid-air quickly in succession to pass a platforming section, that sort of thing. It would be glorious.

Adding to this: Obviously on PC you could just use the number keys. With a controller you could use the Dpad and map 2 weapons to each direction, but that would require you to use the analogue stick for movement which would be weird in a platformer. Maybe the triggers and bumpers with two weapons on each? A weapon wheel would be used too frequently for what I want so it would be a pain having to bring it up like every five seconds.

Quick Select menu would still be a lot better than just two buttons switch. There's really no way to hotkey weapons on a controller like that.

BO doesnt like Zero apparently

As he should. Axl is obviously the best.

for X9 I'd like to see

That way the story ties to MMZ

conversely NEVER tie to MMZ and MMZ stays a what if. Just talk about Axl more and find out he's protoman 2.0 or some shit.

multiple campaigns for X, Zero and Axl is a must. Vile having his own campaign could be cool

no. Its a megaman game. i want stage design to be tight

If you can call Marvel vs Capcom: Shitfinite a promo, sure, but I don't want those numbers to reflect on X. While it was a nice touch for Sigma to be co-villain, it's probably the similarities he had to Ultron that lead him to the spotlight in the first place.

As for what a real X9 would look like assuming they won't copyright thief Corrupted, along with Axl possibly being a new villain, Vile hasn't really been dealt with and implied to have lived. I doubt nuCapcom has the balls to touch the Elf Wars, so having Vile being the heavy of the plot and Axl being a defector would be the most likely option. Having a Sigma factory model leftover from X8 being a genuine good guy would be great for some Terminator 2 vibes. Maybe just a hint that Axl wound up as Zero's copy body in MMZ, or having Weil being the hidden agenda villain playing warlord with his instigator Vile.

Nah, unless it stops being Megaman it wouldn't work as a co-op. If they're going to have multiplayer, making user-generated levels in cyberspace in the vein of Powered Up would be the best option, complete with time attack.

If MM11 is going full 3D, they'll most likely do 3D for X9 as well. They could do it well in 3D, but the hitboxes and the attack speed all depend on the engine they're using. If it's gonna be as shitty as X7, doing 16-bit (even if they shit it out) would ultimately be cheaper.

Best way of doing hotkeys in X using a controller is turning R1 to slow down time to pull the weapon wheel, and using L1 to use the last weapon, combined with the PS1 face button. Realistically, you can fit up to 5 hotkeys, but if powerups get too cluttered for sequences, that might start scaring normies/newbies away.

That sounds tedious as all fuck.

Are you feeling it now Holla Forums?

As long as it's a game where only X is playable I'm for it. X4 and beyond felt like the level design had to bow down to accommodate both X and Zero, two characters with wildly different styles and by X7 and X8 I don't think there was actual level design anymore, only gimmick levels.

The only acceptable Mega Man X9 is to throw out all the bullshit that's been going on since the Playstation era and do it in the X1-X3 style. 2.5D can fuck off and die.

Also this. Mega Man And Friends need to fuck off too, I'm here to play X.

Also I have to admit I'm very concerned about the level design of any new Mega Man game. I don't discount capcom from making literal corridors and 2 minute levels like shield sheldon/dark necrobat and getting away with it.

Lets play a game.
The year is 202X, capcom's incompetency causes them to lose every single entry they had on robot master contests, so they proceed to open up a new contest. Think of a robot master, its weapon and its stage.

In other words fucking cancer.

I would like to see a proper Mega Man X game in the style and spirit of the first 3 X games. Zero and Pals can fuck off and so can that awful perspective and art style they started using in with the Playstation games. It goes without saying that a 2D game should have 2D graphics.

What the hell is Megaman? Unless you meant Mega Man, in which case learn to fucking spell. You don't deserve to play the games.

This

No

Sigmas ark should have finished in X5
A Megamanzero in propper graphics would be more viable

The problem with the usual formula of 8 robot masters is that makes a really tiny game, with nothing new to expect
And of course capcom wouldnt be happy if they didnt charged a full price for such game

If they continue to be stuborn like that it wont rise to any glory ever again

Nigger, you better be talking about the spritework. The drawn artwork is the best the series has ever had, with the exception of maybe Legends.

Capcom already deconfirmed this

I hate Mega Man. He ruins everything.

Source: my ass

Actually on topic shit:
What order do you guys do bosses on x4 as zero?

All of you have autism

ftfy

ftfy

俺はあなたのためにそれを修理した。

Never sexualize Ciel.

The spacing for characters names is inconsistent
In Mega man 3 all the Mega Man 1 robot masters in the credits have no Space and Mega Man is shown as Megaman, but the Mega Man 3 robot masters are shown with a Space in the Credits.

and then in Mega Man 5 Mega man is spelt with a Space and Proto man is spelt without a Space

Think of it like DOOM, where you can technically use any weapon on any enemy, but one weapon in particular is way more effective against certain types.

Guys… What if you can dual weild two different boss weapons at once and combine their powers to make new super weapons?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm referring to. It not only looked lame but it actively impacted the gameplay.

Chemical Man. He'd look like a robot guy in a lab coat with a robo visor since his primary function is to analyze chemical reactions. Not exactly a combat robot since he doesn't have alot of armor, but is durable enough to withstand explosions, caustics, corrosives, and radiation. He relies on his wits and chemical bombs to trap Mega Man before combining ingridients to make explosions. Weakness would be either water or Roll's vacuum cleaner.

Stage would be a chemical plant setting with two colored liquids that when combined explode and cancel each other out. Gimmick would revolve around combining the two fluids in the environment to open oaths or to deal with enemies. Chemicals won't damage Mega Man. However they will stick to him. And if Mega Man touches the opposite chemical while one chemical is on him then the chemical reaction explodes. You can use a water weapon to wash chemicals away or Roll's vacuum cleaner to suck them up. Vacuum also sucks in far away power ups or projectiles you can shoot back.

Weapon is Chemical Gel. You shoot alternating colors of gel blobs that coat enemies or the floor. The gel blobs do minimal damage. However if the two colors touch they explode and deal massive damage (to you too if you're too close). It's a high risk high skill weapon. If you know what you're doing it breaks the game.

It would be Kirby 64.

really nigga?

It's in all of them faggot.

Is there any way to properly integrate Axl into the X series, both in gameplay and in story, or will his inclusion forever be as retarded as it has been so far?

Megaman needs some QTE, if dubs I will email capcom with this suggestion everyday.

It's retarded because making the same levels and bosses for the two or three different characters doesn't work. In X4-X6 Zero was OP as shit and in X7/X8, X was OP, Zero was alright and Axl was only worth using for one gimmick during one or two stages. You want Axl in a decent light, have his own game.

X7 was supposed to have this (and other things that would have made it at least passable), but Capcom's management didn't give the devs enough time.

Been thinking about making a 3D Mega Man style game. Controls I thought of swaps between third person free movement and third person aiming with camera controls similar to MonHun with second stick. None of the follow broken camera shit.

As for jumpin' and shootan' you can "dodge" by jumping sideways while strafing. In free move you shoot directly ahead. No auto lock-on. You can kick if enemies get too close. You can hold/toggle a trigger to go into third person aiming mode where you shoot where camera is pointed, but have limited awareness.

The trick to win is to know when to toggle your awareness. You have to balance playing aggressively and defensively and use the environment to your advantage.

And charge shots + sliding will still be a thing. Mega Man can crouch for cover/stealth but cover is destructible or some enemies will have weapons that go around cover.

Doesn't that just mean that the level design problem is integral to Axl's design?

Rocket Man. His body looks like a rocket and his primary function is space exploration. Not a combat unit, however he got endurance since he's designed for space exploration. He relies on his endurance, speed and his Rocket related gear. His Rocket Punch allows him to attack Mega Man from a distance and even if Mega Man dodges his initial attack, the Rocket Punch returns back to Rocket Man, hitting Mega Man on the return trip and at 50% health, he start using his Rocket Charge to ram Mega Man. Only downside? His back is vulnerable during the charge…and if there's something on the ground that could slow or trip him up before and during the Charge, he'll be dead in his tracks. Weakness would be sort of glue or Gel weapon that slows him down or stuck him in place (if done before the 50% HP, the Rocket Punch hurts Rocket Man rather than properly attaching to his arm)

His stage would be the Space Center with the main gimmick being rocket powered platforms as some platforms would lift off upon Mega Man up…to his spiky doom. Act 2 would've been using some crumbling platform plus some Kamikaze mooks trying to ram you off the platform. His boss fight area would've been at the Control Room or maybe near the Rocket Launch Area

Weapon would be the Mega Rocket, acts just like the Mega Arm from Mega Man V and it can grab items from a distance and you can regain the usage of that weapon if you catch the Rocket Fist on the way back and if you charge up the weapon, you get the Mega Missile, a very fast version of the Mega Rocket but it doesn't return and clears enemies in a straight line and ends with a major explosion at the end of the attack.

I only care about Legends 3. Never ever, so MegaMyWalletIsFat is dead to me.

These are both really good.

Totem Man. He keeps summoning clones of himself and stacking them and him on top of each other, at which point he fires devastating barrages which are extremely hard to dodge. His stage is a lot like Aquatic Ruin Zone from Sonic 2, but with more puzzles where you have to use various methods to raise totems to continue, like raising water levels or building them out of totem pieces. Totem Man's weapon is the Totem Clone, which allows Mega Man to duplicate himself and assemble a totem out of copies of himself. Mega Man can switch to another weapon while the clones are deployed and the clones will use whatever weapon he has equipped.

That'd get you Gunstar Heroes.

Ooh, ooh..can you have it so that Totem Man's clones are of a different color and each color corresponds to a different element/attack?

It's a sin to not mention this. Chemical Man's color scheme is green and purple.

If I had to guess, it's because of the limited space for text programmers had at the time, compounded by primitive localization efforts.

I think if they want to integrate Axl properly, they have to make his gimmick be useful throughout the game rather than being situational at best.

Shovel Man

If you haven't played Mega Man V on the Gameboy, you're doing yourself a disservice. It's easy to overlook because the other Gameboy MMs are mostly just ports, but V has a unique premise, new robot masters and special weapons, and levels that are designed with the Game Boy's limitations in mind. Plus the charged buster shot is now a rocket punch.

Super Adventure Rockman is nothing but QTEs.

And the Rocket Punch never came back?

It came back for the golden nipple dog armor
7 feels more like a sequel to the Game Boy games than the NES ones

Was MMV released before or after Mega Man 7? Mega Man 7 has the Super Adaptor and the Hyper Rocket Buster upgrade for it.

I think 7 was after MM V?

Hah! Why didn't this come back in 8 or 9?

Don't know. The Super Adaptor is probably the best enhancement in the classic series. Its functionality even surpasses what comes standard on X and Zero. X's air dash didn't become standard until X7. Maybe it's because 7 overall wasn't that well received. Kind of like how X7 had the Glide Armor for X, which was actually a great armor, but a lot of people didn't like the game, so we didn't get any more games with a glide mechanic.

Actually now that I think about it, this isn't completely true. It's true for the remainder of the X series, but in ZX you get to transform into Harpuia, who can hover. It's by far the game's most useful transformation outside of OX.

Yeah, MM7 has really great rewards for exploration, which is one of the elements that I don't mind MM Classic borrowing from MMX. A game with MM8's level of customization, MM7's exploration and secrets that make use of your special weapons, MM10's multiple playable characters, and NES-style physics and level design would be the perfect Classic game.

But no more 8-bit shit. I don't hate it, but I'm tired or it. 16-bits or even ps1 style graphics would be perfect.

Yet some of the unlockables in MM7 were hidden behind "use rush search on this specific spot".

I hope Megaman 11 is as challenging as the other one, but they put focus on Mega Man having a tight control and feel that made the platforming strong. I love Megaman 8, but they never feel as tight as the NES Megamans. And if they do an easy mode, I hope it's like the other easy modes where it's basically the same game as normal mode but with platforming that skilled players wouldn't mind playing if they want to relax. Think Megaman Zero Collection and the Unlimited's easy mode.

When I was a kid, I had this idea for a Wily Fortress battle…a very long one. Stage 1 is Mega Man rushing the Fortress' gate and then he had to work his way up after getting dropped down at the end of Stage 1, with stages 2-9 is Mega Man refighting all the Robot Masters from the 8 games (this was before MM9 came out), stage 10 is the Mega Man Killers fight, 11 is the 8 in game RMs with stage 12 being a fight with Bass and Treble…all culminating with Mega Man fighting Zero because this was the final battle of the Mega Man series and the end of the story was for Dr. Light using the data he had from the Zero fight to make X.

Here's a little image I made for fun

Oops, didn't mean to post it twice.

We bad OC now?

I tried to de-shitify it a bit. I hope you enjoy it.

I tried to deshitify my image a bit. Hope you enjoy.

I tried to deshitify my image a bit. Please enjoy.

I tried to deshitify my image a little bit. Please enjoy.

Did anything ever surpass X1 in the Megaman X series in terms of quality?

Just X2.

X4 is my favorite but then again I have shit taste

Pretty much. X4/5 couldn't juggle a melee and a ranged character, you expect later games with worse dev teams to juggle a melee character, two ranged characters and multiple transformations(even if they were incredibly halfassed) for said character?

MMX games decline in quality in each sequel for the most part. X1-3 are the best. X4 is the last "decent" one, but it is also the first game to introduce the issues that have degraded the franchise. X8 is the only one that is better than a previous installment only because X7 is an atrocity.
As a side note Maverick Hunter X is decent only due to Vile mode being awesome. Command Mission is total garbage and it's probably one of the worst JRPGs of all time.

X7 was semi-playable. Sometimes X6 was unplayable shit.