Games where you are being hunted

I want a game where you are being hunted by something stronger, smarter, and faster than you, and you have to avoid it or outsmart it. Like the original Predator movie, but vidya form.
Any suggestions?

your fat mom still haunts me in my dreams

/thread

lrn2read

what part of >/thread didn't you get, you megafaggot?

So you're saying that your mom ain't smart?

Bump, don't derail a potential good thread.

she says the same about the grotesque blob you call a penis

best prince of persia coming through.

have not payed much attention to the PoP series. so which game is that one?

also sidenote, the horns on that thing would make an awesome banner.

The one with the metal and the edge. You know the best one warrior within

Except it never ever relents or dies.
On a side note do you think SA-X fugged Samus?

Warrior Within.

exactly I want to fear the fucker, only momentary feeling of victory. I think that if you are ablet to hurt/damage the thing in someway will detract the tension. The most is scaring it off, or trapping it temporarily, so that I have somever time of peace.

Hellnight and Devilman for PS1.

I'm surprised with the tech we have now that someone hasn't done a horror game in the same vein as RE3 but completely unscripted. I would love the unsettling feeling of never knowing when some badass fucker is gonna smash through the wall and give chase, and you're never truly safe anywhere.

Warrior Within

yeah the closes we have is ALIEN: Isolation, and that is great, but in the end it is some beast acting on pure instinct. I kinda want one of the same vein but instead being hunted by something smart, something that will sometimes toy with you.

I don't know what kind of weird consensus you guys got here, but for me Warrior Within is to PoP series what DS2 is to the Miyazaki's action RPGs, It's not really bad, but it completely misses the point of what made the original so charming.

S'alright. Honestly if I had a problem it was more the gameplay.

Such an advanced A.I. is probably a fucking nightmare to actually program though.

It´s not a consensus. It´s just my opinion, because I really like the mixture of gothic architecture, metal and stylized violence. And i wish there would be more stuff in this direction.

IIII STAND ALLOONE
INSIIIIDEE

The Dahaka's horns were made into a Holla Forums banner a while back iirc but I don't think I've seen it in a while.

Actually while he was a hard ass in this one he really goes back a bit to his old self in the 3rd, which I thought was a nice contrast to relentlessly being hunted by the time police.
Man I wonder if I should replay these, its been forever.

turn v-sync on otherwise the games will be buggy beyond measure. You'll get stuck on chains, I think enemies gain a shitton of health(either that or it was just Ubisoft's hard mode), clipping and whatnot.

yeah, just my ideal.
but also how hard would it be to have a director AI tell the hunter AI, he go fuck with him a bit, put trap on this path here, like on a trail that is in the game, no different than setting a random event next to a road in a game, or just chase him for X seconds while shooting at him but rarely hitting him, games already fuck with AI aiming accuracy, just set it to give a slow pace chase while hitting the player once every 10 shots or whatever.
not a programmer so I don't kow the difficulty of programming that, but game have done simular things.

Now I can't stop thinking about hentai rape games.

Never played this game, so I don't know if you're being hunted, but from the gameplay footage it looks like you are.

What a coincidence!

What be this?

One of the newest in the clock tower brand of run-and-hide horror.

I remember there was this one sequence near the end of Dead Space 1 where you have to flee from some immortal enemy by moving some agonizingly slow crates. It was one of the tensest experiences I've had in games if I'm remembering it right.

/thread

Play any arena shooter and be shit at it.

GOT EM COACH
AYY LMAO XDD NIGGA ROASTED LIKE PIG FEET XDDD CLICC LIKE

Makes sense, DS2 is my favorite in the series as is Warrior Within.

Rodent's Revenge is the only thing I can think of that actually makes a good game out of this. This concept generally just makes shitty cinematic experiences where the player must be forced into samey contextual engagements every time that not only deprive the sense of an unknown other that needs to be outwitted, but ultimately turns the game into an on-rails experience and deprives the player of a skill-oriented experience.

same could be said about stealth games or tactic games, if you explain it like a retard.
sit, wait, move, sit, wait, move again.
move, attack, wait, get hit, move, attack, repeat.
where the thrill comes is planning, and figurin out behavior, and to exploit any opportunities you can to get a momentary advantage.

I reported this /vp/ tier shit when I woke up and it's still not gone.

Fuck off.

lol mad

/thread

not really the game didn't deliver on its primary gimmick

SA-X doesn't hunt you, she's stuck to predetermined areas of the game; you can't run into her randomly.

Come on OP, there's a way better sequence at the end of Condemned 1 with the main villain. In the house.

Are you 12 years old?
>>>/cuckchan/

That bear, fuck it
Getting chased in fusion was pretty tense, it was good

if your good enough to ascend in some roguelikes a monster hunts you on the escape. brogue springs to mind. nethack has super tough enemies that if you trigger them will stalk you through the entire game until killed.if you want just absurd shitting hunting you and killing you play slash em extended.

also you could give a try to ccdda. yeah lol zombies. but its pretty good and youll be hunted by the ai and forced to survive if you tweak it enough.its not a hard game once you know what to do but you get to go all survival crazy and shit. you probably were looking for stuff other than roguelikes but its a genre that has a lot of this.

try planetmans 2 as infiltraitor. Use stalker cloak and go to the other two factions front lines. Cause trouble until you die.

stay mad cuck

Miasmata is a survival game with a monster stalking you.

Also this thread is complete garbage. Holy shit this board is full of retards.

It's a pretty neat game but with some caveats.

You're not actively hunted unless you fuck up. The robots patrol the world and if they see you, they'll go after you, however if you keep hidden, travel through grass and go around places, you can avoid being actually hunted.

There's also a robot that ignores you until you start looting houses and another that hunts everything, not just you.

The game is fun and does a decent job with it's atmosphere, even if it could be far more depressing and opressive. The whole "british humour" kinda ruins the mood.
But then again, once you get an axe or enough bullets, the sense of danger kinda goes away as well, you'll murder everything.

One thing of note is that the game won't play exactly as you'd expect it to.
Guns, like I said, do make short work of just about anyone very fast and they work very well for earlier levels. However you'll be drawing attention to you from a very far away distance. Later levels will see more people rushing in than you can count, so they are emergency solutions, not your primary one.
Using your environment and coming up with decent plans to outsmart robots is more important than aiming.

Another detail is the "hunger meter" that's done pretty well. You have a value of 0-100 that raises when you eat and slowly goes down. You only regenerate health when it's above 50 and you start losing it instead when it reaches 0.
It makes it so staying fed is important and usefull (there aren't any other ways to regain health) but also simple enough that it doesn't bog down the rest of the game.

However do keep one thing in mind, it can be very frustrating. You can only save the game when near the boat you used to reach the island, so a lot of deaths will happen when you're doing a mad dash away from a group of hunters and a dog locks you in place. You can take it slow and methodical or fast and furious and both work as long as you have the supplies for it and you know very well what you're fucking doing.

The twist is you're not actually being hunted

He said he wanted to be afraid. Not much of a being hunted game if you want to get raped, now is it?

You just fire a gun anywhere on an island and you'll see if you're not being hunted.
Remenber that several stones always have robot patrols near them.

fuckin bodied

noun pls, it's a cartography game

Just remake your thread, OP.

Just go to a gay bar, user.

Die Hard for the NES, Clock Tower, and Hunting Ground.

I can't recommend that game, I was really into it for the first couple hours despite it being a "run and collect items and hide from a roaming enemy" type of game, the atmosphere of the mansion is great and tense. In the last hour it turns to a complete insta-death trial and error fuckfest that completely ruined the game for me. Also, there's hamfisted tranny mental illness shit in it

I have a feeling that fags like the horror genre because heterosexual people get killed in it.

great game

I don't know, these don't seem like negatives to me.

play hunter hunted

and you cure it with a bullet?

Come the fuck on all of you.
Anyway, it's a game where four players are survivors trying to escape, while one player is the killer trying to take them all down. Can be sorta scary, but mostly just tense.
The developers are fuckwits though.