Shining Resonance Re:frain rated in Australia

Is it happening? Will we get dragons, elves and electric guitar blades in English?

archive.is/Altb4
gematsu.com/2018/01/shining-resonance-refrain-rated-australia

I thought video games were illegal there.

On the one hand it's a good sign the game will get a proper English release.
On the other hand, if the first sign is in Australia then the game might get butchered. I hope not, though

That's the Shining series?

Well it's what it turned into, and consider all of the possible fates for a classic JRPG series it's not so bad.

What the actual fuck is with JRPG names?

Someone post that long list of jrpg names.

OI, HOW 'BOUT A LITTLE SNOG, MATE?

and some game and music CDs

Do you think japs would take it as a joke if westerners named a game
?

Probably they'd get a hissy fit unless it starred Hollywood TV actors for the westaboos like kojima to embrace

aside from funny Engrish there's always the Super robo games

Found it myself. I'll make sure to actually save the list now and add the contributions in this thread too.

Aren't some of those both western and not JRPGs?

Nah, it's just that the vast majority of the country is an unlivable post apocalyptic hellscape populated with savage native abbos, highly poisonous wildlife, and the descendants of the worst criminals of the British Empire who were dumped there and left to die.

Why the fuck would anyone want to sail hundreds of miles of treacherous seas just to deliver video games to such a remote and horrible place?

Shining Hearts was irredeemable garbage, so much so that they just reused the characters in a different universe. I had high hopes for the brunette elf, but her voice is so off. I hope for only dubs to give Yops what they deserve.

That's hysterical. I need to know more about this

No wonder it worked so well for Mad Max

I want to fuck this Elf.

Shining dong re:fantasize expansion destiny re:rebirth

Who cares?

KINGDOM HEARTS HD II.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE

wut?

Tony is always top tier

why is the persona 4 mc among those pictures

Because in some slight way the protag, Yuma, looks like P4's MC with a Shining redesign

Excellent taste

I like that apparently the romantic dalliances in the game are initiated by silently staring at the girl you fancy like an autist

So what even makes this game good? The battle system seems pretty standard. The girls look nice but that's most JRPGs. Is the music good? Are there any lolis?

At least it's not like Harvest Moon where you throw weeds at a girl for months and then suddenly wants your children.

Good story, good music, a protagonist that starts out all "boku" because he's been tortured and experimented on in prison for a long time, plus other reasons but becomes more of a man as the story progresses as I recall, Tony Taka artwork, dragons and dragon transformation.
Usually the case for JRPGs. The story is the biggest draw, that and the buffet of girls and the cool dragons.
Nah not really. Taka has a unique way of making qts other JRPGs can't provide.
Yeah it's neat. Main theme is pretty good, too.

pic related

user that sounds more like real life

I forget if you can into the brown or not

Sounds like something I would give a try.

No. They want alimony or child support. The children just help with that.

Why the fuck is there weird crust around the brown chick's navel? That's disgusting!

That's a floral pattern. so you can aim better

I wish there was an option where you can dick a qt elf girl

Tonyslut please leave.

Why was this game even an issue for Australia? Looks pretty inoffensive.

Our board takes a pretty hardline stance against certain material. Like Nips are with nudity and violence, ironically.

Don't think stuff like that necessarily amounts to anything more than possible interest. Same with cases of English trophy data showing up for games that ultimately never come west (like that shitposting/flamewar focused VN Net High). Additionally, given how most games tend to get released in NA before PAL (if PAL even gets them), it seems a bit odd/worrying that someone's checking with Ausfailia's ratings board as their first port of call, assuming anything does come of it.

Country. Fuck my brain.

YOU JUST KNOW

Why would a company look into getting a rating for a game just to check for "possible interest"? They'd do a survey or something like that.

Never understood that, actually. What's the point?
I figure it's a sign the game was gonna be released internationally but some contractual object fell through and it never made it.

So does the rerelease have all the DLC? I was pretty sure they jewed real hard on the latest shining games.

Yes

It also has more than that, apparently

Yes.

Hopefully it gets localized in the US

Yes though As long as it gets English somehow I'd be fine. I'd import an Asia English edition even