Subnautica

Is it actually finished or just a rushed early access product? The reviews are all sucking its dick but you can never be too sure.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/m1dIm
static.just
youtube.com/watch?v=V9psFtbw4Gg
subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Ryley_Robinson
subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Player
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's finished in terms of storyline and polish. They're planning to add the biomes they thought about for a long time though.

I can't say that I've finished the game but it certainly seems finished. Why not just pirate it and find out for yourself?

Did they ever add in more giant sea monsters that weren’t just a variation of the first?

no point in pirating a "finished" release if its a rushed early access build to meet deadlines. If anything I would be spoiling the game for myself by getting a buggy experience.
Though I do have faith in the developers because they made Natural Selection 2

Played it for a few hours the other day, it was pretty fun with lost of things to do.
The game is finished in a sense that if feels like a complete product.

Playing it for the first time right now, for me the gameplay I've got out of it so far has been worth the asking price. It's a very unique game in that I'm usually shit scared of underwater deepsea stuff, like phobia level, but I'm able to overcome a lot of that with this. What is cool is observing my own reactions to the game, in terms of fear and stuff. Making underwater bases is really comfy too. It's still got a lot of jank though so I'd say leave it for a bit before buying, maybe, if they do intend to continue adding to it like they say.

It's finished in the sense that you can play the story from start to end, but the game is still riddled with bugs, is optimized like a Japanese PC port, and the saves still get bloated enough to make the game hang for 2-3 minutes in an unresponsive state on top of the already obscene load times.

GUNS ARE BAD COMRADE

You could make torpedos when it was in early access
did the devs remove those?

Aren't Subnautica and NS2 in the same universe?

It is a finished product. Polished and (kinda) optimized. Expect some pop-up issues when riding the faster small submarine.

Here and there you can still see a few glitches. For example, I can see some part of my underwater base from the windows more than 1 km away, underwater this should not be possible.

Also don't expect a procedural generated world. Everything is placed and designed by the devs. Expect to follow a linear story in an open world, kindalike in San Andreas. Anyway game will only give you hints on were to go than its up to you to decide how and when to go.

This game made me shit bricks in Beta. And still startles me when I hear the growl of one of those leviathan fuckers.

I`d say definitively worth some of you bandwidth if you are into deep dark cave exploration and spoopy abyss stuff.

Also, base building is a gimmick. You are good with a few tubes mashed together + solar panels till you build a big submarine (AKA mobile base).

Finished it last night. It's a fairly fun experience, took me about 20 hours start to finish. The only thing I think I didn't like was that you get some really neat stuff about 15 minutes before the game is over, and you don't really get a good chance to use it.

(checking those holy trips)
No you still can, just all the weapons except for the knife are non-lethal.

Non-lethal torpedos? wat.

Does this game support joysticks? I'm assuming since you're underwater that it basically plays like a 6DoF game.

The torpedoes can only stun or fling them away, they don't detonate and kill the sea life. Same with the stasis rifle, it just stuns them.

And no idea about joysticks, but the game doesn't have any tilt or roll functions I'm aware of, so you're just moving pretty normally.

So far it's bretty gud. Last time I played it about 1.5 year ago when there was no story at all and back then it was fun already. So far the major flaw I found, that keeps repeating itself is that not everything is translated, at least in my language. The worst is that some of those are texts crucial to the story, so it's fucking annoying because my dad plays it too and he can't understand English so I hoped they'd fix that shit since beta. Other than that it's as other anons say.

That could be a pretty neat if they decided to use this as a challenge, not as a cheap opt out from making guns. Your character can't make any lethal weapons because muh regulations, so he has to make do with hi-tech stuff he can craft and improvise to make dyi weapon.

The rest of the world does not care about your mud language.

Yeah the high-tech non-lethal stuff/improvised biologically-based lethal weapons would have been a fucking cool idea.
imagine making bombs out of crashfish strapped to tree-whittled javelins and shit. it would turn the whole stealth game gimmick on its head, where non lethal is the harder option and lethal is easiest: here it's easier to make do with the state-allowed nonlethal weaponry but if you want to get shit actually done you have to build that shit yourself, underwater caveman style.

You do know that big submarine runs on power too right? You're always going to need the base

Get a propulsion cannon, silly.

I got one man, when does it start dispensing bone javelins?

Still glitchy as fuck. The frame-rate drops without no reason and creatures still float inside your base.

Yeah the performance is still questionable, not sure if it's bad programming or just that the scope of what's rendered is too large.
The performance is a lot better then beta at least, could barely run it at 20 fps on medium with a 970gtx, now I'm running it on high with a pretty consistent 40ish fps.

Repulsion gun is better but if you still can't figure it out with the propulsion gun then maybe this game is too "intellectual" for you

Shit dude you smart as hell

I'm just saying it isn't that hard to figure out how a gun that pushes and pulls things works

I was never talking about the re/propulsion gun in the first place man, not sure what you're on about.

It crashed on me multiple times and it's a bit stuttery, running on windows 7, i5 6600k | GTX970 | 16GB RAM, max settings at 1080p (minus dof).
I noticed lots of pop-in and glitches like fish swimming in the air inside my base, scanner detecting unreachable fragments stuck in geometry, vast amounts of salt deposits vanishing from my surroundings upon loading a save, scrap metal frozen in the middle of the water without sinking, presumably because it got grabbed by the annoying niggerfish just as I was leaving the physics-enabled area, being unable to craft a thermometer despite having the blueprint, vertical tubes glitching out when connected to corners, etc.

It's still pretty fun though.

yes
no

Alright since you can't figure it out I'll help you out.

Alternatively the repulsion gun works on the actual fish

There is even a key bound allowing you to select an item from your inventory for launching, like a crash fish from your personal farm.

just pirated it
I can see why the dev doesn't want to implement weapons. Avoiding enemies is kind of a joke, you can jive and juke around mobs for days while they struggle to land a hit.

Nigger where did I say that I wasn't aware of that? I was posting that it would be neat to be able to actually craft lethal weapons in an improvised style. I'm not complaining about the game, I just thought it would be neat. Cool your jets there mister

It'd be neat if you'd feed you idiot brain some birdshot.

That is lame as fuck. Why bother making an underwater game if you're not going to take advantage of the freedom of movement it gives you?

You said right about here smartass

Nice quads
Yes because it does not fucking dispense bone javelins, I was being facetious. I know you can farm crashfish and chuck them around like pocket poppers, but I'm talking about shit that's not in the game.

your*

You told me about improvising weapons and I told you how you can do just that. Are you seriously retarded or just playing stupid?

No it doesn't LITERALLY throw bone javelins but that's not the point is it?

Goon detected.

I remember seeing some crab like monster in the ent gallery that was under a sandstone like circle but the monster was huge. Is it in the game or was it removed? I haven’t played since a year or three.

Yes that is the fucking point, are you slow? I was talking to 6a1b0d about hypothetical weapons. Read their post:

Thanks for the warning, I don't think I'll bother with it.
Sick to death of sjw and other freaks with agendas.

So your point is that you want to make bone javelins? Like any other sort of improvised weapon won't do you just gotta have your bone javelins.

lol

I have no problems with other improvised weapons. Bone javelins would be cool. I was literally just saying that that other user's ideas were neat, and you skipped reading comprehension and threw a tismo fit. But it's okay.

Move goalposts all you want, at the end of the day you can't hide the fact that you can't figure out simple game mechanics

Amazing dude. Just go back and read our posts, the goalposts were set out from the start. You just took me saying "I wish there were more varied forms of improvised weaponry" as me saying "THERE ARE NO FORMS OF IMPROVISED WEAPONRY IN THE GAME WHATSOEVER".

is modding out of the question?

This fucked me off the most. As much as a mobile base is to be expected, having it defeats the entire purpose of building a base at all. I'd rather stick to not using it and just creep along making forward bases before the entrance to big caves.

I've been playing for few hours and I can't find the terraformer anywhere did they remove it?

Modding would lead to problematic sexualization of the fish, so it's not allowed.

Once again, I told you how you can in fact improvise weapons, and then reply saying how you didn't say you couldn't, you just said that you couldn't make "this one specific weapon"

That's why I asked if your beef was really with the goddamn bone javelins, because if that's the case you have no grounds on which to call someone else autistic

Yes, Alterra Corporation and the Aurora are mentioned in NS2, and the aliens in NS2 are infected with the same virus as the one in Subnautica.

Yep

Shame building comfy underwater bases is going to be pretty hard without one.

The thermometer was removed from the game but I guess they forgot to remove the blueprint.
Every vehicle has one so it isn't that big a deal

>playing this game in VR
On the other hand

Dude chill out, it was obviously an honest mistake, I said it was fine.

nice redditspacing

Did they fix the terrain generation being slow as fuck? It's hard to find wrecks when they take several minutes to appear.

I don't use reddit that's just how I format my shit

Half of them already have fuckholes in the vanilla design.

Go to the edge of the world and tell us how it feels to get fucked up by phantom leviathans in VR.

Modding would lead to guns, and guns are specifically what the developers threw a tantrum about. They think that by not allowing guns in their game, they're somehow preventing school shootings or some dumb shit like that.
Guns would be pretty fun to fuck around with in this game, but honestly there's nothing that requires them.
You can stasis anything - even a leviathan - and cut it to death with your little knife if you want to. You can also carry peepers around and drop them right as a leviathan is about to kill your shit up, and he'll just eat the peeper and leave you alone because you're such a nice guy and he can sense that about you. It's a leftist beta-male "can't we all just get along" fantasy and it's fucking stupid, but it is what it is. The fear of the monsters comes from their appearance and their jump scare like attacks rather than from any actual threat they pose.

Can't the leviathan kill you? I know it'll try to drag your sub down and could cause the thing to implode from the pressure, as well as just breaking your shit.

Two words: "unity" and "engine"

Well they all have a mouth already, I think.

Yeah, they do heavy damage to you absolutely. They'll kill a seamoth in two whacks if they don't drag it down like you said, and they'll kill your character outright if they grab you unprotected. They'll also sink your cyclops in only a few hits.
They're not toothless by any means, but they're really easy to circumvent or trick. You have to actually go play chicken with them if you want them to attack you most of the time. The main exception being ones that you didn't see because they were hiding inside world geometry.

The smaller creatures like bone sharks and river hunters are often more of a threat just because they'll attack you in small packs. Warpers also enjoy sneaking up behind you in total silence now before suddenly screaming and stabbing you in the kidney.

Don't commies believe in gun ownership for muh revolution and so forth?

Three axes of movement are too hard for journalists to comprehend. They can barely handle walking.

Plenty of KSP mods exist.

**Commies don't believe in ownership of any kind. You're not even allowed to drink the milk your state-borrowed cow produces. If no state worker comes to collect it in time, you have to just let it go bad, or you get executed for "stealing from the people".
These are the people who executed all of their multi-generation farmers as traitors because they were skilled and thus perpetuation oppression of less-skilled people simply by existing, leading to the starvation and death of millions upon millions of people.
You'd be hard pressed to find two thoughts in one of their heads that were consistent with one another.**

I sure love asking a question and getting a shitty polemic in response.

Why would a developer that started with FPS have a philosophical problem with guns? I would assume if they had a problem with guns in subnautica it was a realism thing because bullets don't fucking work underwater (the water stops them dead within 30 feet if they don't just break apart)

If you could blast a hole in every mean creature you see, it wouldn't be very scary, now would it? I don't give a rat's fuck about the devs' politics. I didn't buy the game and I never will. But I do know that this game is better without extreme lethality. It just wouldn't be the same if you could blast all the Leviathans in the face. The pressure of watching your back in their territory is what keeps the game tense.

The core of the game's challenge is to know when to fight and when to flee. The items in this game are mostly there to increase your advantage when swimming away. Slow down enemies, push them away, stun them. My only gripe with the game, a big one at that, is that it is so easy to swim away that you don't need to use anything but your Seaglide to escape. I hardly ever used the stasis gun and I only killed with the repulsion gun once. (And accidentally to boot, I tried to repel a Mesmer and blasted a plant into it so hard it instantly disappeared.)

Not having the ability to kill something doesn't make it scarier, nor does having the ability to kill a leviathan with a spear make it less terrifying.

well if we could fight that would be an option wouldn't it? but as it stands there's no way to fight.

They took an ideological stance because they drank the kool-aid.

Source: archive.is/m1dIm

they might be faggots but they at least made a decent survival game.
also

Of course you have a way to fight. You have the mech suit, the seamoth, the stasis rifle, the repulsion gun. You just have to have some ingenuity, which is a big theme of the game

No argument from me there. The game's surprisingly solid.
Though his "find more creative methods" point is a complete lie. The atomic bomb was pretty fucking creative, just off the top of my head.

It's already been covered:
But people would rather obsess over rather than gameplay mechanics. Their anti-gun politics, aside from maybe one line of audio spoken by a dystopian government, do not make it into this game.

In terms of graphics at least, it's very pretty but my main gripe with the gameplay is a lot of consists of grabbing random rocks, fish and coral and crafting tools and such out of them. it gets repetitive.

Story is good though, quite a bit more detailed than I thought it would be. I was expecting minecraft with 100% more scuba diving.

You forgot
I exaggerate, but it's honestly a great hail-mary if you find yourself under attack out of reach of a vehicle. Always carry a peeper.

I really want to play this game but I can't stomach being a nigger.

Are there any mods to let me be white or least Asian?

I literally just started playing about 30 seconds ago, but the character looks white to me

What? Did you even look at gameplay?
You can't see the yourself besides your hands and I'm pretty sure they're white

Just wear gloves, you can't see your face.

Player char is white, they released a picture a while ago

Then don't play the game faggot.

You do know that the whole story is about impregnating a giant fish monster to continue her specie, right? That's as liberal as you can get.

static.just as bad as buzzfeed, why are you even linking to this site? use allthetropes.orain.org/pmwiki/pub/images/tumblr_inline_o8nb15onhz1rn7yp1_500_8.jpg

Looks hispanic to me

How is that liberal?

nigger what are you doing.

I don't know, mang. It was a retard moment.

Can TOR posters not post images on Holla Forums or something?

Yeah, it's pretty good. I found the environmentalist focus of it to be a bit silly though. Why would you bother protecting the ecosystem of a planet that's not Earth? I'm more of the Factorio mindset - turn the entire fucking thing into a polluted cement wasteland and flip off the xeno scum on your way out.
It's like Captain Planet meets Ferngully at times.
I was hoping the twist would be that all of the life on the planet was engineered by an alien civilization for the purpose of terraforming the planet for them, and here come the humans crashing their unnecessarily huge ship into the middle of the operation and fucking everything up. I wasn't imagining open conflict with the ayys, but something more along the lines of the engineered life-forms becoming more and more aggressive over time, trying to stop you from altering the environment while slowly terraforming the Aurora wreck over time.
Honestly, my little fanfic is no better than what the devs came up with. I was just expecting something a bit more outerspace and a bit less greenpeace. I can't really hate on the devs or the game for not living up to my own autistic imagination.

I was under the impression you played as the lefty dream of a brown "post-race" human. When you look at the character model, he just looks like a slightly brown nothing sporting a faux-hawk like a 90s hipster skateboarder.

yeah its pretty good. easily over 30 hours of gameplay. ignore the retards that say >MUH SJWS there aren't weapons like rifles, but there are torpedoes, you can weaponize certain fish, and you get a small mech suit to kill shit. as far as im aware they wanted to keep the age rating down, and the reason they state (in the actual game) that there aren't any guns is because of some massacre some retards did on another planet. its also fair to point out the ship you are on inst a military one and doesn't have any military personnel (as far as we know).

You will never see the main character and even if you did it's really fucking stupid not to play a game because of the rgb values on a fucking texture

The story actually seemed more like
The sea empress lady thing says that her children "chose" not to hatch, because the precursors were mean and tried to take the cure without asking. So she let the planet suffer and slowly die from the horrible green-goo bacteria for a thousand years until you showed up to mix her kids a vegan smoothie and convince them to finally hatch, and they then proceed to shit the cure in massive quantities everywhere they go, because it's just that easy for them to cure that shit.
Empress Leviathan and her kids are kind of the villain of the story.

Huh? I was aware of the prawn suit with the drill arm that no one mentioned, but I don't recall weaponized fish. Unless you mean warpers, which are enemies, or the cuddlefish which is useless. Perhaps you mean luring fish into bigger fish?

There's no real agenda in the game. It looks like they might have intended one at one point but couldn't deliver. What you're left with is a white man painted black and some new age quips at the end that don't really make sense.

no shit, what is TOR known for?
now put 2 and 2 together as to why a tor poster may not be allowed to upload files

I agree, hence why I've got 117 hours logged in this game and counting. You can see the WasabiOne diver model, though, which has the exact same silhouette as your character (comparing your shadow with his model) down to the haircut, so it's safe to assume that model and your character model are one in the same. You might also be able to see yourself with free-camera mode, but I haven't tried because I honestly never cared.

crashfish

they can be used with a propulsion cannon and they are your ammo

You can get crashfish eggs and breed docile crashfish in an alien containment tank. They don't explode at you when you enter the tank, and you can pick them up and put them in your inventory.
I've never tried it, so I'm wondering now if they explode on impact when used as repulsion cannon ammo.

Deviant coming through,can you fuck any of the fish in game?

You can fuck the cuddlefish for sure.

Cuddles is not for lewd.

That's not true. They just could not hatch because their hatching environment wasn't perfect, which is an apparent requirement for them to hatch. The precursors couldn't hear the Sea Emperor's telepathic attempts to communicate, so they tried to force the enzymes out of the eggs (hence why some are destroyed). You come along and can actually hear the Sea Emperor Leviathan, so it tells you to create a hatching enzyme which is basically all the plants and shit the eggs needed in their biome for them to hatch.

That's pretty smart, I've never even thought about it.

Do show

Too bad you flaseflagging nigger. Either deal with it and have fun or leave.

Then why are you so bothered by rgb values on a texture you massive fucking autist

Because he likes being edgy on an imageboard

Wrong.
The ayy lmaos built the facility on the planet and experimented on various specimens like the Sea Emperor first. The bacterium only spread after one of the Sea Dragons got salty at getting their eggs stolen and attacking the facility, breaching containment.

You can probably modify the assets relatively easily like what people did with haydee.

that's just the status quo here

The player is silent and with no personality, there's nothing to like OR hate.

be that as it may, rarely do people sperg this hard about it

I know it's normal here, that's why that fag saw someone saying nigger once and thought "If I'm edgy like them I'll fit in", so now we have this retard spouting what he thinks are "bad words" trying to get accepted

go and do a google search, he's ambiguously Hispanic at most

He's a nigger and the other crew are all chinks. A team of 100% white men erased white men.

There is no other crew that you see, the fuck are you talking about?

Man why are you so hung up on this.

Just stick battery chargers inside the big sub and done, infinite energy.

ignore the retards, why dont we just talk about the game. post bases. im still adding onto mine. i am thinking of add more windows, some underwater plants, and the like

I dunno what he means by chinks but
You'd have to be retarded to want this.

I think we're being le troled

i also want to make my sub into a mobile home, but thatll require some time

So instead people should just build prawn suits and box/drill everything to death?

The Degasi crew are Mongolian. You did play the game you're commenting on, right user?

Have the devs fixed the game slowdown that occurs when you explore the map because they cant fucking code and hired pajeets?

Yes

They fixed that a while ago. Ironically the version I played it on was post-fix, but for some reason the Cyclops never lost any charge at all so I had infinite power. This came at the cost of another glitch that wouldn't let me charge my Prawn suit at the moonpool, and trying to do so would just infinitely drain my base's power, but I figure it was well worth it since the Seamoth's solar panels charge it pretty fast just by sitting on the surface.

I wish I took screenshots. The last thing I did was spend way more time than I should have beautifying my main base. The urge to make outlandish bases in creative is compelling me to return.

Yes. And what in the game tells you this? I went in the big ship and didn't see anything that screamed Mongolian at me.

You mean the three legged fuckers that roam the great reef? They're there.

im not that good at making bases, but its comfy at least

That they're mongolian is in a whole bunch of the PDA lore you pick up, and might also be in the new voice clips but I've not played through since those were added.

They're space mongolians from the future, where they ceased to be a horde of drunken rage-filled chinks that trade with rape dollars and became peaceful explorers that can't survive even a fucking day on a water planet with future tech because they don't have guns.

Are there any giant fuckoff scary deep sea monsters in the game

They'll find out soon enough.

Leviathans, nigger.

Yes, sortof. They're not that scary except when they sneak up on you and fuck your shit.

About 3 or 4. Some are peaceful. Some just want to fucking murder you and will only make a noise when they're right next to your ass.

Is it cute

not really, the scariest part of the game is when you leave the map area, sea floor falls away into nothingness. Descending down there is actually kind of creepy.

First time you encounter a warper might be a bit of a jumpscare as well

Did they actually implement the sea dragons that would span if you left the map area?

Yep.

Download the game and try swimming out of the playable area.

Yeah, they're called Ghost Leviathans.

Let them find out for themselves. I nearly shat my pants when I tried it.

That sounds terrifying.

They're good for encouraging streamers playing blind to go get themselves ruined.

So your PC is Mongolian not a nigger.

FUCK

I was expecting lewds,dang it

im not a degen

didnt mean to spoiler that one

No, because they made the decision to not give the player any way to defend themselves. Because the player doesn't have any way to defend themselves from danger, they are forced to make it so that the player is never really in danger in the first place. Once you realize this, all of the "threats" in the game become meaningless. You can literally just swim away from every single one of them and come out unharmed.

No, he's from the nigger states. The other crew is from the chink states.

that too, I remember in the beta when you could literally just swim to the Aurora after you crafted the lead suit and the welder/cutter and fix the reactor. because if you stayed on the surface you avoided the reapers

It very much depends. Communists of previous generations would support gun ownership for members of their state(Or community if no state). Communists as of recent history however have allowed for partisanship to affect their opinions on gun ownership. At best you'll find the more modern Communists not so much supporting gun rights, due to their beliefs that rights in of themselves are "spooks", or artificial concepts that exist only to deliberately trap and slow the mind and/or maintain social inequalities. They will instead support gun ownership in the form of opposing concepts of gun control, which is effectively the same thing as supporting gun rights, but without directly acknowledging gun ownership rights or indirectly agree with or supporting the state on any matter, in order to reduce any perceived uniqueness to any government-granted freedoms.

On the other hand, Communists generally agree with gun ownership explicitly and exclusively for the purpose of subverting and undermining Capitalism and all other forms of state rule other than maybe Socialism (Which is of course, meant to be a more agreeable transitional system to Communism itself.) As soon as people think that Communism or Socialism have been achieved, the only people, time, and places where firearms will be legal (Assuming that laws even officially exist in such communities, or that any authority exists to ratify anything) are in the hands of hunters in areas where the ecosystem immediately demands it (Also assuming that the community won't become vegans), and in times of military crisis where a militia is required to protect the Communist system (Upon which the entire group suffers from "Everyone wants to be a gangster" Syndrome and only either threat of violence/seizing of personal(note, not private, but personal) property) from the ingroup or being backed into the corner will make anyone fill the role of an actual combatant.)

If you notice, even the most "/k/ommando" leftists tend to be more historyfags, which is not bad in of itself, but their interest in weapons tend to be more in the spirit of missing the point, like a retard who enjoys soup for the spoon more than the soup itself. Take note of pic related, a leftist LARPer who desperately wishes he was the main character from The Saboteur, saving the world from Germans and based on some of his more recent Deviantart uploads, being rewarded with the company and denegerate pleasures of the self-lopper ball-chopper Contrapoints. Does he look like someone who actually cares about weapons for any reason other than one was mentioned in an old book? He can't tell you about the feeling of handling of a pistol or rifle Though I have to admit, I'm a hypocrite about that, or tell you about his last hunt, or give an opinion on firing any military-issued weapons. He likely has an overpriced replica sword somewhere under his bed.

Then finally, we go to the anti-gun Communists. There's not much to say about them, other than that they tend to be more openly SJW and least likely to be straight white males. The last thing of note however is that Communists do not believe in any sort of private property or inheritance. This sort of system can be summed up as "You're only allowed to own what you are currently touching or using", and even parents must forfeit their children or parental duties to the community, because to the left, nothing screams great parenting more than having kids be raised by adults who're the more unlike them in every way, with a dash of pedophilia and hint of unwashed dildo to boot.

tl;dr: Communists like to LARP about using weapons for the revolution, but not only will they never revolt, but even paintball and airsoft intimidate them. They will try to use the most roundabout ways of supporting gun rights too for the sake of ideological purity.

How bad is the grind? Is it more, "neat, I found some herb that'll be handy later", or "now I have to collect 20 widgets to advance"?

Commies today are just Jewish thralls attempting to collapse the west but they're too stupid to see that.

They have always been that. I am siding with the russkies on this one. Now can we stop it with the politsperging?

It's still that way. Reapers never appear near the surface anywhere in the game, and you can just casually swim up into the Aurora with the lead suit and fix it. The worst enemy in the entire game are the jumpy sand crabs.

There is no grind but you'll sometimes hear tears anyway as the game's community is super super casual. You'll likely always already have the mats for whatever it is you're building if you've explored the area that soft-unlocks it unless you deliberately collect nothing along the way. Even if you collected nothing, the item that takes the most mats in the game takes about 4 minutes (I timed it) to farm from nothing.

Except the reaper and the dragon, those actually agro you, but the reaper you can just avoid their territory and by the time you meet the dragon you have a prawn suit

Yeah i'd lewd it

Still technically true, but now you need a propulsion gun so you can move the shit that's blocking your way to the reactor. Guess they got tired of people going to the Aurora right away and invalidating the radiation mechanic (which already gets invalidated because you're just given the blueprint for the radiation suit when the ship explodes now, as opposed to having to find the blueprint or a spare suit from a crashed lifepod).

The final stages of the story are crafting-oriented. If you have a "neat, shiny object" mentality all throughout the game, you will have more than enough resources, otherwise, hop in your seamoth and go scavenging

Video Games

Once you leave the safe shallows there is no challenge. Seamoth and Cyclopes were a mistake.

Camouflage would be a nice mechanic to add depth to this game. I think it's a little too late to add it in, though. They'd probably have to redesign the entire game around it.

Once you realize that the stasis rifle has a charge mechanic and can be spammed, letting you indefinitely freeze anything in the game including reapers and sea dragons as you slowly stab them to death with your heat knife, and the seamoth's electrical attack can be charged as well to 3-shot almost anything in a huge radius there is no challenge.

Communism is bait created by jews to trick losers into supporting their rise to power, that's how it has always been. Arguing over what communists "believe" or the particulars of their ideology is pointless. There is only one political system, with a few variations here and there, everything else being fluff or outright lies and bullshit.

It's not the Sea Traders, it's called Sandworm and most likely was cut. It was interesting going through the ent gallery and finding interesting things.

They had a punch crab too that would punch so hard it'd punch holes in the landscape, but when landscape terraforming was removed it was doomed.

I'll be honest I'm kind of disappointed with the direction the game took. Initially it was just about cool exploration of an alien reef and occasionally avoiding an alien shark or two. The great challenge was not plunging into extreme depths to find ever more unbelievably huge creatures but rather it was stuff like SCUBA diving into caves and trying to find your way out before running out of air. Then they turned it into giant sea monsters and ancient alien artefacts and a plot.

I dunno, I liked it better when it felt like an open-ended interactive "sci-fi documentary" with some crafting/foraging mechanics. I also dislike the inclusion of stuff about the wider setting - feel like it was better when none of that was mentioned at all.

Can't you still edit the terrain though?

I feel bad now because I came into the thread to warn you about the second screenshot here because that same fucker spooked the shit out of me there as well.

Not to my knowledge. I was suicidal one night and used the terraformer to dig a half kilometer deep shaft big enough for a cyclops to fit down. It would have served as a straight shot from right underneath my base to one of the cave biomes. But then I deleted the game because it was just missing what I wanted out of it.

They removed that from the game because their pajeet code couldn't handle it.

You can if you shoot crashfish at it as they forgot to remove that, or if you cheat in the terraformer which still works great.

Its from the same dev team who has made numerous FPS games with violence.

They wanted to make a game where you couldn't just blow large sea creatures out of the ocean but instead had to avoid them or escape.

yeah except changing the terrain still causes huge amounts of lag.

Stop trying to excuse SJW behavior. They’re on the fucking record saying that guns are bad, you stupid faggot.

Source? Not doubting you, just want to see first-hand.
Polite sage for off-topic

It doesn't, though. It works perfectly, but is unfriendly to xbox save games.

They took out guns because muh sandy hook, ban all guns goyim!

Anyone have a good torrent for the latest build?

They're pretty cucked.

Gun where never in the game or intended, the devs have made several guns in them already.
None of what you faggots are saying makes sense, and you

Sure there you go they don't like tits, has nothing to with them not liking guns when the game being qouted them is discussing a game
WITH FUCKING GUNS SHOOTING ALIEN CREATURES

I think that was just a line to get media attention. They previously made violent games.

Do I need to post it again or something

The devs are faggot anti-gun liberals. That's why there are no guns. Before, they were hiding that fact, and now they want to virtue signal about it, so fuck em.

That's not you posting anything, thats you greentexting.

This is proof.
Learn the difference it can save your life. You sound like an angry little faggot who doesn't get why people are just trusting him at face value on an anonymous imageboard.

Then pirate the game and be over with it.
That's what everyone on Holla Forums does, the complaining is just secondary

Fuck’s sake.

It's a direct quote from the devs, you stupid nigger. If you had actually read the thread you would have already seen it, along with an archive to the post as well.

The people I was replying to claimed the dev was a gud boi who dindu nuffin. Again, read the thread before you get pissy about the fact that the devs are cucks.

I expected a story when I discovered those abandoned bases, but fuck the aayyyyyliens route they took. I knew that they would add an ending of leaving the planet. I'm sour on the route it took but it is what it is. At least this was actually "finished".

If you faggots expect me to do you work for you, think again.
Burden of proof lays upon you, and the other faggle could word for word qoute the dev then he probably copy/pasted it from the thread so why wouldn't he just post it here.

Then why wouldn't you just link that post in the first place 3-4 posts ago.
Are you retarded, or do you just like wasting time and effort?

I'm not the one getting pissy.
Personally I just rather have a discussion about the videogame instead of the personal politics of the developers that made it.

No, faggot, read the thread next time. There's no need for you to be such a massive faggot just because your favorite dev turned out to like taking it up the ass.

Then go to cuck/v/ where wrongthink is banned. When the Dev starts to preach about how guns must be banned and that's why they disallow them in their game, they deserve to get shit on for it.

that's exactly the type of shit I'm disavowing retard.
Unless the thread is about it, I want to talk about games, not politics, I have Holla Forums for the latter

Read the thread faggot.
We have IDs here retard.
No, read the thread next time faggot. Getting asshurt because I pulled a quote from the dev about how much of a faggot he was only makes you look retarded.

Do you lack reading comprehension? If you want discussion about the dev's 'personal' If you think preaching on the forums and in interviews about how liberal you are and how the game reflects your liberal views is still personal politics to stop, you should go to cuck/v/ where it's banned and not allowed.

QQ more.
I don't care, I asked for proof, I finally got some help to find it and yet here you are still upset and pissed off it doesn't really make me as upset as you.
I'm guessing you don't have many hobbies beyond bitching, and I'm positive you don't have a job.
I know its great being an adult and sharing your opinions but a part of growing up is learning not everyone cares as much as you do.

I'm not a mod so I can't ban anyone (even if I was I obviously wouldn't ban shit like this)
I'm just saying discussions about shitty *personal* politics( and yes it is *personal* because the game does not suffer in any way from it), does not help to build on OP's post which was simply asking if the game is any good.

On an semi related note, boycotting games based on the dev's views is retarded and very similar to SJW behavior. At the end of the day all that should matter is if the game is good or not

No…
Nooooo!
Drink the bleach! youtube.com/watch?v=V9psFtbw4Gg

I'm just lost at this point, I have no idea where to go, especially since there is no dedicated map system and I hate looking up guides online. Maybe I should just start a new game instead of forgetting how to play it every couple of months.

Explore the red fields you should find a cave system there are a few entrances, those lead to the jelly shroom caves with the crab snakes.
One of more favorite places to build a base.

Why in the name of all that is holy would I want to build a base next to those things?
Also, what happened to the Beacons? I don't have a blueprint for those anymore.

Nice damage control faggot. I don't give a shit either way but the least you could do is admit you were wrong instead of doing some retarded deflection.

So if someone who hated you and everyone like you made a fun game, you would give money to that person? You're weak.

If it helps to pretend the people telling you that you're wrong are pissed and not you, then go ahead.

Learn to spoiler newfag. And no, it really does suffer from it considering that the Dev has gone out of their way to make the game easy as shit and extremely exploitable because their personal politics has disallowed them from putting guns in the game.
Arguably it does since the revelation of the fact that he didn't want guns in the game because of school shootings is also part of the reason why shitty things like what mentioned are possible.
You've become something of a hypocrite considering you want to whine that we aren't discussing things related to the game, but then you go on to bring up how much of an enlightened fenceshitter you are because you're okay with giving money to someone who openly expresses their desire to kill you.

How big is the map?

Thinking of giving it a try but i'm worried since it's not procedural i'll get bored once i've explored everything.

Also this is one of the worst threads i've seen on Holla Forums, half of you are just as bad as SJW's in terms of bitching and whining and wanting to boycott things made by people whose politics differ from you

Nice strawman, very tasty

If you think the game is easily exploitable now then guns would make it broken.
What in the fuck does that have to do with not having guns
Nigger I hate SJW's with a passion, I never said I was fucking apolitical
How does that transfer from not having guns in your fucking game??? And if you say >muh 2nd amendment, just remind yourself not everyone is an amerimutt

No according to >>14242890 where you could have easily answered your own question by spending 45 seconds googling why the devs don't have guns. And then you got the evidence had to whine for several posts because you couldn't do basic research. You sound like some redditor that can't even spend a minor amount of effort doing anything. I hope your black BF fucks you hard in the ass tonight while you weakly try and address how you're a straight white male.

Yeah so all you need is a "base" that consists of power cell chargers and a fuckton of solar panels close to the shallows, and it can serve as a gas station.

Except when you made the claim against it.
Coming from the person with no arguments and is just whining that he's wrong I find that very hard to take seriously.

Not really. If the game was designed around such things it'd actually function like a game. As it is now, nothing is a threat.
Read the thread, faggot. It was explained that the direct reason this shit is possible is because the devs are faggots.
Sitting on the fence and talking about how not giving SJWs money for being SJWs is bad and just like the SJWs is retarded and very apolitical. If you hate SJWs, don't give them money. Copping out by saying 'W-well we should never care about a Dev's ""personal"" politics' is about as cucked as you can get.
What is literal gommunism? The dev has made it expressly clear that they're a faggot lefty.

"Its from the same dev team who has made numerous FPS games with violence."
Then you were proven incorrect on that statement.

Even discarding that, there's no defense for saying "i never had an argument" and then moving to "you're all fags because all I asked for was evidence". Because you're on the internet where ever piece of evidence is usually less than 10 seconds of effort to find.
Then you needed LESS effort to find this evidence. And yet you think it's inappropriate to call out the fact that you were incapable of finding this?
It was already present. And you wonder why people are calling you retarded?
Stay mad man. And keep posting. You could be our next >(100).

Speak for yourself newfag. Don't come into threads thinking you have the upper hand when you can't even do basic research on the game or how it functions without having a basic argument to defend yourself.

I wasn't responding to you. Are you still pissed off that you were wrong 20 posts ago?

So you admit it has nothing to do with guns, but the actual game design. If you want to make that point then make it, don't circle around it with Holla Forums speak
I like games, if I like game, I buy game
That simple enough for an enlightened mind like yours to understand?
Yes I'm sure not having guns in a videogame will lead to gulags and mass starvation

How can you have no idea where to go when the game literally holds your hand and gives you nav markers to sunken pods?

NIGGER
HANDS

Except when you just said you never had an argument. Why do you keep lying?
And yet you still defend the game by dismissing constructive arguments? Cmon faggot quit calling out people as children if you're posting like a lying child.
I'm not the one making incorrect and false statements. I'm pointing out your hypocrisy here. I'de say that's worth posting.
Yea no keep posting. This is almost lolcow material.

But you replied to me over nothing. The only mad person here seems to be the newfag whose so flustered he responds to random posters.

But it literally has to do with guns. Do you not read or are you so retarded that you cannot comprehend the fact that the Devs believe they shouldn't add guns and, due to their Politically motivated decisions, failed to design a coherent game where you cannot invalidate a core mechanic by just swimming for a while at the start of the game.
So you're a fenceshitter just as I said who doesn't actually dislike SJWs.
I like games, I like the people who made the games, I give them money for the game. If they wanna tell me I should die, then I'm not going to give them money. Simple enough for you? Or would you be encouraged to continue shopping at your local grocery store if the manager walked up to you and started insulting you and saying he wished you were dead?
Learn to read nigger. The developer is a literal commiecuck.

So in short, you're asshurt.

Oh the game is coherent alright, just not in the way that you want it to.
Here's a little life advice, learn to separate things. The only connection between the game and the dev's political opinion are the flimsy accusations you're making.
Nobody is telling you they want you dead. Just because someone's a gun hating liberal doesn't make them a communist.

One step forward two steps back.

For the exact same line of dialog you've been making and are doing damage control on? Not at all.
>14243359 that isn't even directed towards him and actually discusses the mechanics of the game
Yea I know god forbid you discuss a game on Holla Forums :^).
And somehow you keep posting and think your posts are worth shit. .
Then maybe you should actually discuss that instead of whining that people are hurting your feefee's on the internet.
Except for when you explicitly did.
It's not settled. You just don't want to take responsibility for making a retarded post.
There's the projection again.
No but an actual argument as to why the game would be worse without the guns would work just as well.
Wow look at all that dialog that's been produced from these 2 simple words.
Sure as long as you keep replying. You seem to have a talent for argument without any actual facts or context. I'm not even arguing anything about guns and you seem to have no will to even bother to try and defend your positions that you seem to think are correct.

Alright then don't play the game because of rgb values on a texture
Makes perfect sense to me

Next time don't make retarded, incorrect statements blindly defending what's blatantly wrong and you won't have this problem. Sounds like an easy fix to me.

There's more at work with that character model and you know it fag.

Like what?
Puffy lips?
Retarded hair?

Could it be the hairstyle? Or could it be that you're seriously upset over a model you can't even see in-game?

No, it's not. The game is meant to be somewhat scary, but nothing can really harm you, and it's easy to more or less disable a coremechanic of the game just by swimming in one direction continuously. Coherent? Not at all, it's trash, and if the developers had accounted for that by not being no-gunz commies and giving the player a way to fight back, then it'd be much scarier since you cannot defeat enemies simply by holding the S key for 20 seconds.
You shouldn't give out life advice when you yourself are a fenceshitter cuck. Plus, the Developers said in an interview and in many posts that the reason they have no guns is because of their political opinions; They said it, nobody else, so there's nothing flimsy about it.
Yes they are. Do you understand what liberalism means, or are you such an enlightened centrist you don't believe in reading about ideologies lest they taint your mind with things like conviction?
Liberalism is more or less communism. Same core beliefs, different label. Hell, both the Communists and the Liberals in America admitted that they intended to use Liberalism as a means to subvert the general populace, as Yuri Bezmenov has explained. All the same, for someone who was so adamant about how much you hated getting off topic, you were very quick to bring this shit up and derail things even further. You don't seem to have any consistency with your beliefs.

So you're telling me that somehow shooting an enemy in the face and permanently disabling it somehow makes the game more tense than stunning an enemy and swimming away?

It's very clear you just came from Holla Forums and forgot you switched boards, so I think we're done here after the absolutely asinine statement you just regurgitated here

Next time you come in a thread because you saw someone complain about leftists, try playing the actual game the thread is about

I'm not saying I ave a problem with it either way but you know just as well as I do that the character could have looked somewhat normal and the devs decided against it. They definitely had some snowflake shit put into a character as he's an individual of a large space ship who looks like the hipster shit you see in California or degenerates who want attention. At the very least you ave to admit there's a a personal agenda behind the way he looks that isn't very well explained.

I think it's a more reasonable excuse than having stun weapons. If there's no reason for having weapons than why not bother focusing on maneuvering your ship for an extra gameplay aspect? Either way the silent hill games had weapons. That didn't mean running wasn't always a more effective method. Why not have monsters that are very resilient to weapons? This would make you consider saving resources by running or needed the thing dead so you could move on past it in enclosed spaces.

What is the functional fucking difference then? You either run or you just bash on them for an hour til they die? the game is not worse off for not having lethal weapons regardless of shitty reasons, and you can still kill shit anyway with the knife and shock module for the seamoth.

There's no in-game explanation because none is needed, the player isn't explained at all.

There is though, it's explained in game lore

Actually having to make a decision on fight or flight? Like most of the best Survival games do?
This assumes that every enemy can be ran from. The opportunity for more decisions that effect your game in the long run would have improved the game.
I would argue otherwise.
Then explain to me why there's a functional difference if you can kill them anyway?

Yeah, most horror games do give you weapons to fight with, you know? The difference is that combat in horror games is often one sided against the player, discouraging combat and making it highly risky. In Subnautica, Combat isn't discouraged, it's just a non-option. So the only viable solution is to swim away if you attract the attention of a monster. Holding S and Shift, which is all you have to do given the very open environments you are often in, is not tense at all.

I don't even post on Holla Forums, you asshurt fenceshitter. If you're gonna freak out and go complete 'Oh my god, I can't believe you said that!' then the only thing that's asinine here is you.

You just love making absurd statements don't you

Then why show the character to begin with? If it doesn't matter then why not allow the player to choose from a set of characters? Past that why put the effort into MAKING a PC model that's never shown. If the character doesn't matter why express the fact that he has colored hair and looks like the most OC snowflake shit I've ever seen in a game recently.
There's no reason in the gameplay itself. Who cares about the lore?

No need to segway into another conversation unrelated to you due to your insane asshurt, mate.

Its actually worse, because you have no real combat options you ONLY run away and you realize that the big scary monsters have terrible pathfinding and its easy to exploit.

If you've got a couple of health kits, you can brave the fire ledge and make a running jump over the rubble, propulsion cannon be damned.

For what purpose? You can be late game, over a thousand meters below sea level in a cyclops, but you still have to park, and get completely outside just so you can pull out your hand scanner and add a lava larva to your databank.

I should add that they went out of their way to make this model which likely took a lot of effort and time. So then why make him look like a common San Fran faggot but less fat and disgusting?

It scans for items within its range. You can stack 4 range upgrades in it to make its effective range about 500m (in practice more like 550-600).
Anything within its radius will appear on the wall screen, so you instantly know what's in the circle. Select something and they'll start popping up one by one. One scan cycle is 14 seconds, so you get about 4 items found per minute. With 4 speed upgrades installed, you scan 30 items per minute, but speed modules are not worth it at all. Just go range.
Then build the HUD accessory and equip that in your suit, and everything you scan will appear in your vision even when you leave the room.

Yeah I get that, but although it says "scan" it's not really a scan. I want to do stuff like scan fish and add it to my databank. The scanner room doesn't really do that. It's a resource finder, not a scanner. I want to just fill up my databank, not gather resources. The only thing that adds things to your databank is the hand scanner.

Not buying things from people whose political opinions you don't like because guilt by association is litterally one of the most SJWish things you can do, faggot

Tell me more about how enlightened you are because you sit on the fence and give money to people whose ideology involves your death.

Well I mean, that's kind of a semantic quibble, isn't it? Both tasks are correctly called "scanning", it's just one is discovery scanning and the other is analysis scanning.
Honestly, I'm on board with what you're on about, though. At the very least, I wish the detachable drones had built-in hand-scanners for that purpose. I also wish they acted as repeaters so you could boost the radius of your discovery and map range.

I don't know if it's just me or not, but it seems like it's useful only after you acquire all the shit you'd need it to search for. Maybe the new endgame will change that but I didn't build until I was ready to check out the fun stuff down deep, and by that point I was not building anything except upgrades for my vehicles.

How does a game in 2018 not have any kind of fucking autosave?
Lost 6 hours of progress because of a crash, seriously doubt I'll redo all of that, maybe with cheats, but seriously fuck this piece of shit.

Bump

Having camera drones able to scan things seems like a really natural thing to add. It's really strange that it isn't a feature. It seems way more natural to use a drone to scan a reaper rather than drive right into its territory, get out of your sub and engage in a tango of death just to get that entry and satisfy your autism.

It has no autosave because it's made in unity and saving takes like 5 minutes.

If you're gonna whine because you got B& and are asshurt about it atleast do it right faggot.

not today satan

Range upgrades + HUD chip = never wonder where a rare mineral is ever again. Also, you can fit all of the materials for a scanner room + upgrades + solar panel for power in your inventory, so you can just go somewhere, set up, scan for shit you need, and if you find nothing pack up and put it somewhere else.

Scanner room best waifu

The stasis rifle is your friend, user. A fully charged shot gives you 30 seconds of stun, which can be re-applied as necessary. Hell, you can even kill Reapers with a stasis rifle + knife if you're brave enough.

Goddamn it, do not fuck the fish.

It's okay,there's no actual lewds in this thread,nobody was brave enough.

That's because the few lewds created are average-tier or just straight up hilarious.

Pleb tier
Cancer tier
Gay

Fuck you Hugh

Vive here too, can confirm. When traveling over an abyss I stay at the top of the fucking water and never look down while going full steam ahead. Looking to sell mine soon to pick up the pro version for better clarity and comfiness.

First two aren't bad,but then you had to get into the dicks,eh.

Do you think the irony escapes them?

Missed two.

This would actually have been a cool use of Stalker Teeth. Everything needed is already there w/ the gravity gun, but when you shoot them off they just ragdoll and don't point at whatever you're shooting at.
You can breed exploding fish and use them as improvised rockets
Would also have been cool.

You can kill shit if you try, but there's no real point to it.

You can kill a Reaper Leviathan with your shitty little knife if you have the patience and batteries to keep Stasis Rifling it for like a year and stabbing it in the face over and over.

I would have loved to have been able to Monster Hunter some armor and weapons and shit from their bodies. Like take one of the back plates from a Sand Shark and use it to make an Anti-Shark arm guard that you can use to block bites like a Dog trainer.

I also want to cook up more than just "Fish Model with a "cooked" overlay". I want like Stalker Steaks, Reefback Soup, Gasopod Beef Creepvine Wraps. Something to make breeding the larger creatures have a point.

Bro if you find eggs you can breed them in fish tanks and use them as renewable Propulsion Gun missiles. No whittling needed. Just shoot the little fuckers like a squishy RPG

The devs outright stated they wouldn't make a color tone for the pc because they wanted you to be black. And another user just pointed out the commie dev refused to add in a speargun because "guns are bad mmkay?"

???

Does this look white to you?

Does this not?>>14243440

Fucked that up
Does this not look white?

Since when are hands a better indicator than the face? And I never stated black. It's certainly not white though.

Face looks like a polynesian kid just before they commit their first rape high on P and descend into a pit of obesity and prison sentences to me. Also makes sense the devs made the player character an islander because they are historically a seafaring people in the tropics.
t. kiwifag

Since the face you're mad about was from the earliest possible version of the game, made purely for the trailer, and doesn't match what's actually in the game now. Old face is basically concept art at this point. Also you can't even see your current face in game.

Even when you go into Freecam mode through the console, you don't have a head. It's just a closed top of the dive suit.

But did. That's why we're talking about it. Try to follow the conversation next time.

I don;t think that changes the fact that it's still what was released by the devs and does in fact implicate what your character is now. The point is that the face is what explicitly defines the character from the developers perspective.
I did follow the conversation. I don't agree with that user as he could have meant black as not white or he was just wrong. Is there an issue with that?

SJW actions are the censorship and infiltration of companies like journo companies, HR, and other interpersonnel positions and blackmailing or threatening devs to self censor. Not buying a game that is being sold by people following an ideology saying you should die because of your skin color is using your main defense as a consumer. You argue unfaithfully being willfully obtuse and mischaracterizing your opponents arguments. If you're an SJW or someone with so little respect as to buy a game from someone who follows an ideology that wishes for your death, then fine, but don't pretend that it's not the case. You insult the intelligence of everyone else here.

Looks black to me. Or a mulatto. Def not white or nip or chinese.

The issue is obviously that they're forcing players to play as a minority because they're a card carrying leftie who banned guns in his game as well. Is that not a valid reason for anons to not want to purchase the game?

>But what the character actually is now is not important because I'm mad about concept art

There's a lot more you could bitch about regarding this game than hanging on to an old character model that has gone through several changes since it was initially revealed.

Prove it. Show the "current" character model with head.

What is a tan?

U R MR GAY

Are you retarded

No. If you don't wanna buy the game just because you play as a nigger, or if the developer is a cuck, that means that you're basically an SJW.

Post the current model, i'm waiting.

SJWs censor, infiltrate positions in journo outlets, translation companies and HR to try and censor devs to try and adhere to their political ideology. I'm not buying their game because I hate them and their political ideology. At no point did I or other anons make a GJP secret group to censor people or anything like that. But nice false equivalency.

Lmao

lmfao

Simmer down faggot.

He is actually what he's posted with his face. You can't assume it's anything other than that image just because of the color of his hands. There's no consistent argument against it and despite that it STILL means the devs wanted him to not be white either way. You can argue the point isn't worth bitching about to begin with but then again why are you replying? As far as I'm concerned that image is only one more bit of evidence that confirms the devs care more about shoving a political agenda into their game over making a good game.

See

Literally does not have a head. The face you're mad about is not in the game.

Great I'm retarded and reversed the link order

Hah, not only is that skin brown, but you didn't even look hard enough to find the model you're saying is white now?

Lel.

But his hands aren't even white in the picture you posted? Are you feeling well?

Why did you not answer the question?

Re-read my post faggot. It doesn't matter if it's not in the game. The devs still intended for it to be in the game. Just like they intended for it not to have guns which actually made it into development.

It was sarcasm you faget.

Yeah I agree, look at how H'wite the character is.
Look, no matter what bullshit you make up, the devs want you to play a nigger and are faggot lefties. End of story, there's literally no refuting this.

Current Model with in-game lighting:
White.

Where's my Subnautica version of my boy Abathur then?

I don't disagree that they're faggot lefties. That was never in question. But if they want us to play as a nigger then why is the in-game skin color not nigger colored?

I didn't make the concept art now did I? Re-read what I posted or stop aimlessly bitching. Unless your PC is canonically headless you have no argument to assume he's anything else.

1:The skin there isn't white
2: You have yet to corroborate your claims that the "new model" is white.
3: Responding to people is not "spam", it's pretty obvious you're assblasted no one is falling for this shit forced diversity game though.

Ok I found it I guess I'm the fucking nigger now
subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Ryley_Robinson

Possible female character is definitely a nigger though

Posting multiple times in a short period is though.

Your picture is obviously a mulatto if not a light skinned nigger. The women is darker though.

Yes I was admitting that I was wrong and am a nigger of supreme caliber

or lowest caliber, whichever means worse

Good, now that you know i'm always right, go play Fallout new vegas instead.

I just got done playing it all weekend. I'm burnt out on it for now. Still waiting on Fallout 4 New Vegas.

Also look at my shitty idea for a Subnautica creature I made a year ago in MSPaint. Took me like 1 million hours.

He's a turtle, and he gets bullied by Stalkers. you can use them as an easy source of multiple teeth and make them friendly by removing the teeth.

There's absolutely a point to killing Reaper Leviathans (also Ghost juveniles, killable with the same method). They don't respawn, so it's basically a way of telling the biggest, baddest predator out there to go and stay go, this is my fucking territory now.

FTFY

Yeah but what are you going to do differently now that they're gone?

Oh boy you can hang around in the Dunes!
It's got Warpers and Sand Sharks, sure, but if you like Sand, fuhgeddaboutit!

people usually say that when they've done something

I blame mark for this

Shoulda changed the "Yo whaddup" to "AY YO HOL UP"

The game is so damn pretty and fun but the grind and the clunky building mechanics give me aids.
If I want to make 25 Lockers why do I need to go through a menu for en masse shit. Also why can't i get some sort of inventory automation like factorio.

Extremely unauthentic replies. You guys just knee-jerk cuckchanners or something more malicious? You're right, they did release a pic of the protagonist a while ago. First pic. subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Player
Second pic is what you look like swimming around. Combined with the dev comments, gameplay and muh no guns after a "mass shooting on braximus prime" its pretty blatantly obvious its a lefty game.

Also, notice that when you build the Cyclops it says "crewed by 3 people and a skilled helmserson" or something similar where it previously said "helmsman".

RGB VALUES
ON A TEXTURE

If the Degassi was a Mongolian ship, why do Mongolians have Scottish accents in the future?
Also how the fuck does Mongolia have intragalactic spaceships? Aren't they still just a nation of agrarian horsefuckers without any significant natural resources or economy to bring them to the modern age?

They became economic migrants on Europe, then thanks to activated almonds and free gibs they increased their average IQ to 140. After that they returned to Mongolia as Europeans and brought with them the space age.

I'm just waiting for the DLC to reveal that there's also an interstellar Abo Empire, or Galactic Hegemony of Estonia.

Mostly useful for safe approaches to the Aurora and, most importantly, for traveling in the Lost River without getting bullied by the juvenile Ghost Leviathan living there. That place is packed full of resource deposits of pretty much all kinds.

Where do you newfags come from? Do you even know what GG was about?
Absolute state of centrist retards.

This game is comfy for an hour and then its just tedium.

The bio-diversity(muh) in a planet that size is practically barren given the amount of (mostly useless, repetitive) plant life. They could have added swarms of surface bugs (instead of those dumb crab things), some kind of bottom-feeder creature, snails, crabs, instead of the "random fish-like creature that is a building material", more coral, more sea plants, much more interesting jelly-fish like creatures, the list goes on and on.

Wasted potential: The Early Access Survival Crafting Game with the Lazy Dev.

Stop falling for this garbage. Game needs more hard-science and less "Good concepts made by someone who doesn't know anything about the marine sciences." Its Sherlock Holmes syndrome.

The bacteria killed off all but the hardiest lifeforms, and even the ones that still survive are basically on life support by eating the peepers that carry a temporary cure. I agree that it's probably just an excuse written into lore to avoid having to do extra work and add in more creatures.

Sea treaders and crab squids are bottom feeders. The sea treaders barely do shit at all, though, and only walk along two specific little pathways in the border of the map, so they're not very interesting. You can collect their shit. That's about it.

This game is fun as fuck, but I also agree with you. The potential wasted is massive.

cuckchan out in full force today I see

Shit yeah I forgot about the disease stuff and that the Treaders were a thing. I had high hopes for this game, it isn't terrible but it was maybe too much to ask for some depth or having something to do besides following the linear batshit story.

I would really like a deep sea diving / treasure hunting Sim I could play with VR. There is so much spooky down there.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret
Politics aren't just three distinct points, it's a spectrummuch like the spectrum you're on

Crying about spectrums doesn't make you any less of a fenceshitter you derailing retard.

qq faggot

So is the game worth re-pirating? I haven't played since about pic related's version.

So you can easily overwrite photos in subnautica's files for your picture frames it seems.

I do not like the feelings this is invoking

Yes quite a lot has changed since then. That's actually fuck long ago.

Alright, why the fuck not.
Wish me luck.

Last time I played this game you couldn't see islands unless you were close to them. Is this fixed now?

I fucking love windows. Took ages to gather enough quartz though.

Maybe I should add plants to the outside? I think growbeds would look too artificial though and I like the natural surroundings

Meanwhile the interior is more function over form. I like having everything in easy reach.

Also, protip for anyone wanting some extremely dense storage (especially nice on the Cyclops), storage lockers don't actually have to "open" or be accessed from the front, so you can line them up front to back