Games still kept alive via skeleton crew despite publisher/devs de-facto abandoning them itt

Games still kept alive via skeleton crew despite publisher/devs de-facto abandoning them itt

I will start with bait an easy one

Other urls found in this thread:

tribesnext.com/
t2forums.com/index.php
t2.branzone.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sonic
Pokémon

Yes
Too many people still buy Pokemon games. Masuda just doesn't know how to move the series along without either appealing to mobilefags or appealing to Genwunner autists

Fifteen years after publication, four years since EA shit out a terrible and poorly-received "sequel", three years since Maxis was defacto folded thus putting the final nail in the SimCity franchise, and people on a handful of forums are still making mods for it.

And it's still better than Skylines, no matter what anyone says.

There's something charming about the use of sprites in Sim City. I don't think 4 was polygons, right?

So far as I know, it was 3D buildings, but they were rendered in such a way that you got four 2D sprites, with that unmistakable isometric view. Similar to previous entries, but the buildings had actual shape now so the lighting could be more dynamic. So it had polygons, but only flat ones to form the basic building shape.

Fascinating. While I have your ear too, I distinctly remember there being some simple building blocks type Sim City 4 building editor, but can't find evidence it existed.

Fifteen years and not a single person could fix the infinite commuters bug.

I don't know anything about that. There was a robust building creator for SC3K that you might be thinking of (pic related), but not one for 4 unless I've grossly missed something. To tell the truth, I have no idea how modders create custom buildings for the game.

Better infinite commuters (that can be solved by just destroying the city connection and reloading) than a cap of 16K agents in the system.

11 Years after release, 7 since servers were shut down for good. Community still running strong with competitive scene and 1k+ active players.

World in Conflict

Halo 2 Vista had it's online reenabled by a bunch of old fags from the HCE modding community.

ED is never ever, talking to clef, one of the guys the dev team pretty much confirmed it.

What game?

not knowing supreme commander

The what now?

SupCom you newfag nigger

I'm surprised they haven't ended Mario Kart 8 or Super Smash online services.

Even his creator moved out to Square-Enix

El Dewrito. The attempt to create a functional PC version of Halo 3 using a leaked alpha of the pay2win Russian game, Halo Online.
Not shocked it's never going to be finished. All that time spent reverse engineering the game's code could have just been spent recreating Halo 3 from scratch.

Kinda sucks due to incompetence and inefficiency Micro$oft still has gaylo pc by the balls and can release a pc port windows 10 only for full price it was at launch in 2007

People still play CS1.6, specially romanians and other type of slavs.

This since people are naming games kept alive by communities too.

Ultima Onlinr

MS doesn't ghave Halo on PC by the balls, they castrated it long ago. Go learn what they did to Halo 2's editing kit.

Thugpro has a nice community

Suddenly I feel like playing that and getting a PvP build.

Any Elder Scrolls game after Morrowind.

Sad, but true. I've lost all hope for 3D Sonic after the blatant cash grab that was Sonic Forces. The devs just don't give a shit anymore.

Smash is the only reason people keep their Wii U out of a landfill, Nintendo isn't pulling that plug until the switch smash gets a release date.

Goldeneye 007.

please tell me you're either talking about Goldeneye Source or the autists who modded the N64 ROM to run with M+KB and not the speedrunning faglords

Likely these autists.

They actually quit giving out patches for all their games except FO4 and Skyrim HD, so no it's not just any game after Morrowind.

Thief 2

I've been meaning to look into this. Is it easy to setup?

Such a fucking great game. I bought skylines thinking I'd get the same feels with it and was absolutely disappointed. Sim city 4 will forever remain the king of this genre. Good post user

Tf2.
We may have gotten an update from the skeleton crew, but its probably the last major one we'll ever see.

subspace/continuum

Good, let the game die. it's suffered enough

It's been 5 actually.

Wasn't UT4 still being developed by a bare minimum of Epic employees, or are they all working on Fortnite now?

Yeah really easy

s-skeletons?

I kinda miss playing that crappy game for hours as a teenager. I was a Hyperspace player, after the community picked it up, you?

Heroes of Might and Magic 3

Not only did Slavs release a new expansion that actually feels like official stuff but they even added a multiplayer lobby so people don't have to use Gameranger and shit like that anymore.

Ultima went to the dogs by 2002.
From that screenshot, it must be absolutely abominable by now.
Full of people who weren't born when it started.
It was pretty cool when it came out, and since it was more or less the first, there was no self referential internet speak like "griefing" and "grinding". That all came much later from worse games.
It was more of a real experience, and everything was new and dangerous.

The worst thing to ever happen to MMOs, or gaming in general really, was all the arbitrary restrictions like party size and all that. It's less lime I'm playing a game and more like I'm performing my patriotic duty as comrade gamer waiting his turn in the fun line.

It's amazing how long it lasted, it was acres of fun. But it's dead now: it only had 20-30 actual players on any given server that were mostly afk last I checked (three years ago), and I doubt it got any better since then.

I still remember how people used to argue witch one (UO, AC or EQ) is best.

rip
In retrospect, Hyperspace had a ton of problems (endless xp grind exacerbated by regular resets; broken weapon combos like shredder + overthruster; your build could be invalidated by someone with the right armor in which case fuck you; basing was entirely who could dump the most repels; basing relied on the defending team holding onto the flags and not winning because the payout for winning was next to nothing compared to just holding onto the flags and playing longer, plus picking up all 20 again was so boring that no one would ever start a second game if the first one ended) but almost every other zone was even worse. There were some hockey zones, a handful of zones with actual spaceships gameplay, and of course that godawful trench wars which was of course the most popular.

Trench Wars was my favourite. :^)

I thought they were releasing 0.6 soon

my memories are being tainted just by reading this.

Ultima was created as a grand experimental project, a new frontier and they wanted to make something as close as they could to a living world. There is a video interview out there of lord British describing a self sustaining eco-system for the animals and plant life which was later removed when it didn't work out right.
They wanted to create a place which would be built by the players, unlimited.
After he was kicked from the company, EA just ruined it completely. Every mmo since has been caterred towards player numbers, simplicity and fund raking.
An mmo like ultima won't come again, even if someone builds it, because all the p!ayers now are too self aware. They'd be power playing, farming cash, and 90% of their speech would be buzzwords and jargon for the different things they are doing that they read in a wiki guide.
It was the wild west and it's gone.

AC, age of Camelot? I only remember everquest, had a different kind of player base.

I'd argue the wild west type thing resurfaced with Minecraft in its really early years but it died even quicker once the youtuber parasites sucked it dry.

AC is Asheron's Call by the way. I need to not smack the submit button like a premature ejaculator.

Warhammer Online.

who/what is clef?

SS13

Every single online game from the last decade.

I miss the early days of Minecraft.
After 1.8 I couldn't put up with it anymore and stopped playing.
It didn't feel the same anymore.

Funny thing is Cove actually feels more like a legit faction than Conflux did.

[VGS]

Elaborate.

VGTG

I was busy making this mp4. This is from yesterday.

Looking at Conflux and Cove you would have thought the fan-made faction would've been the overpowered one that's almost entirely reused elemental creatures with a couple of scrapped Rampart creatures.

Tribes 2?
is is still active?

The only reason Conflux is so shitty is because they had to scrap all the work they were doing on an almost complete faction because autists complained about the Forge.

Yup.
tribesnext.com/
t2forums.com/index.php
t2.branzone.com/

SnapCracklePub or TacoStand Lak. Depends where people end up that day.

This peeves me.

Valve
They havent made a game since 2007 (HL2EP2)
They outsourced everything else after before buying and absorbing companies

Horrible company that completely stopped giving a fuck, throwing money down VR well, that wont be viable for decades
Oh and they already released 2 VR products that nobody has heard of The Lab and Destinations, neither is a proper full game, instead tech demos

now they are chasing money tree by outsourcing Portal assets and making a fucking card game nobody cares about

Games kept alive by Valve skeleton crews:
CSGO, TF2 and DOTA2

shut the fuck up spammer

Abusive mods have always been a part of Holla Forums. Get over it newfag.

I'm crying tears of joy right now, the ass rustling is fucking real.
Go back to cuckchan and stay there you shitstain

Simulators. Falcon 4.0 is probably the best example. The game came out two decades ago and it's still being modded because of a source code leak.

I don't think tf2 can die. Its sort of like Doom's multiplayer baby, all about stupid fun and shooting shit but with friends.
Even if Valve drops it community servers will linger forever. Its just fun and not many games seem too interested in that anymore.

Rhetorical question, it died in 2011 with the F2P update and anyone still playing is a mindless zombie.

Is this supposed to be some earth shattering revelation or something?

Diablo 2 still gets patches every few years for fixes and whatnot, along with ladder resets.