Rimworld!

The game is finally nearing release after 5 fucking years hooray!

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1099792464
rgbtohex.net/hextorgb/
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28747.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35158.0
mega.nz/#!MRQxjJCa!QnQkC5Vno4UNNxDi_SJX_9OcRqRczg59Dh0I2BE6o0U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_ancient_Rome
youtube.com/watch?v=150QBUAisoo&index=3&list=PLd9_g7lAICxtlGbxh4_z8ik178o8CDPnv
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INAH_3
youtube.com/watch?v=3IaYhG11ckA
github.com/Killface1980/RW_FacialStuff/releases
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VnLHxjYRPSBY_24kOhRq7snnR16QNVn9bLLmTzzxqNU/htmlview#
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

literally wehy

dorf > shit >>>>> rimworld

I've heard the game's performance goes to shit once you've gone through some years due to all the information saved in the game.

If this is true, then I hope the dev finds a way to fix this before release.

There is a mod already for that.
I can't even have Rimworld run for 5 mins on my laptop. Crashes every time. Looks like I need to build a PC.

OP's experimental base

Favorite mods:

Mods I'm hoping for
>Houseki no kuni (or any animu mod would be cool) I'm going through a weeb phase at the moment

Why are you even here you elf fucker

to remind you that you play an infinitely inferior product
if dorf was SupCom, rimworld wouldnt be Empire Earth, it would be an ASSFAGGOTS

whats with dwarf fortress players and their need to think themselves superior for playing one shitty game over another

It would be a shame if any rulefags reported this thread.

So it’s all for nothing when a raid drops right on top of it.

Go back to sucking the cock of someone too stupid to figure out how to use a mouse in 2018, faggot.

Not to worry for I also have Thick Roofs mod so I don't have to deal with ship chunks and poison/psychic cans landing in my weed farm. Disadvantage is that I can't use solar roofing to power the base anymore.

Release (actually finished) or "release" (rushed out of beta incomplete)? You never can tell with these early access games.

RimWorld has been in a rather "finished" state since at least A15, the dev just kept refining performance and adding new content past that point.

Already a finished mod in A17, I assume the modders behind it are simply waiting for 1.0 to update since it's a rather large framework and updating it twice is a kick in the balls.
Z levels have been requested since the dawn of time but will likely never happen. The entire game and all its countless systems operate exclusively on a 2D plane.
There was actually a Russian modder making a really fucking cool spaceship take-off/flight/landing mod back in A16 but apparently he got shoahed by the Kremlin for being a homo or something.

pic unrelated

All I wanted was to be able to have a space saloon in my lawless space cowboy shanty town and Tynan fucked it up.
That being said, I'm otherwise content with the game.

its a "we call where we are now "finished"" situation
the shitty gameplay mechanics has been largely the same for a while now and the games actual content is the same as a good year ago
devs, like the lazy mexicans of KSP, rely entirely on free community labor to give the gameplay any depth over a piss puddle, but fanboys will defend the honor of their maiden to the death when you point out that theres barely any gameplay and not even enough content to call it full featured by a long shot, screaming MODS WILL FIX it at the top of their lungs

that…would actually make great use of "x is passing by"
reminds me of an unfinished game that disappeared, orcish inn
space western town builder when?

The 18b update broke all my fucking mods so none of them

Cuphead was a memegame.

Right, your dev can't even add the content of "mouse support" in a game made 35 years after the introduction of the mouse.

Whaat's wrong with the old thread?

You're a dumbass

Is there at least ionizing radiation and neutron radiation and shit like that? I remember there being a pretty sweet mod that added in toxic gas and mass graves, but there's really not much complexity to chew on here.
I don't hate the game, I just kind of wish it were a bit more autistc.

I'm about to start up Rimworld for a play session, I literally had no idea how fucking op deadfall traps are until recently, that can easily fuck up half a raid before they even get to the turrets/pawns. good shit. good good shit.

Garbage. It is as deep as minecraft.

How do you make sure your retarded colonists don;t brain themselves on the traps? I tried using them on my first base, and after they did more damage to me than the raiders I never touched them again.

Let me translate that for you:

I've ran a colony on the extra-huge map for 10 years without any issues. (i5 cpu, 5 years old)

it's my first time using them, but basically raiders choose the easiest route from a to b, while pawns will choose a safe route if available. I read some shit from googling rimworld deadfall traps on the wiki and some cancer site. it's really not that difficult.

There never is, is there? The game is never 'finished', it can never have enough, so what's even the point of asking you?

I came here to inanely post "muh z levels" but you beat me to it.

Does this count? Mod files embedded in the image. Probably will have version conflicts but it'll work regardless.

i still have 1.8 installed and haven't bothered playing it because i can't be assed to get mods for it

tynan pls go

Another way to do it is to have the traps along one side, and then you pave that side with a floor, and put a stone chunk or plant a tree on the other side for good measure. The enemies will path on the side that is apparently more efficient to walk on.

Finally. They have already earned my shekels, but I won't support early access ever again.

Had a pretty good session, had several mech events and plenty of plague but came through it gud.
Making everyone devilweave parkas and asap everything else.

holy shit I didn't even notice I just got a self-tamed thumbo.. lol wtf am I going to do with that.

Train it to be a hauler.

Brilliant, I like it.
I'm gonna steal it.
Is that a butchers table on the left? You might wanna put a door there, otherwise the blood gets everywhere and then you get food poisoning.

Thrumbo hits harder than a charged lance.
They make great combat pets.
Especially because they take a long ass time to bleedout.

kitchen and butcher room have doors but they are held open. this makes them separate rooms for cleanliness but still quick to move through.

Oh wow, I never thought about that.

so on my current run i crash landed with this pair luane and Boffin

update I've got a ransom demand for luane 1,055 silver for a spined out colonist

Dubs decides

Do it for the Boffin.

Even worse, i remember early dev diaries talking about the colonists figures would get replaced and changed over time and that their similarity to Prison Architect was only temporary

Z Levels were never and have never been planned you triple dipped nigger

I know you quadrupled nigger, i just quoted another user

Though you're absolutely right that the character models suck dick. I've been thinking of finding a programmer to work with to implement 3D characters and later animals. That would be after 1.0 drops though.

You're a good man, user.

Why don't you make a dorf thread and huff your own farts over there, m'dwarf.

Is there a way to harvest the green Tiberium crystals for the Tiberium Research Station, without getting Tiberium Sickness? For some reason, even with Tib Protection Suits, my colonists still get the illness.

WEW lad. well I think it's chance based mostly so send someone in who's pretty fast or shoot the tib from afar

no I meant getting the sickness in general, I haven't actually tried to use the tib suit yet since I'm still trying to figure out how to not die horribly

She has a shattered spine. How can she do anything but stay in bed mooching your resources?

Bist du behindert?

getting tib sickness just generally from tib*

I haven't fucked around with it too much to really figure it out but I'm guessing there's something which prevents a not NOD scenario from having it because I've been trying to do a Forgotten run for afew days now and the one thing which is fucking me is that the tib mutation seems to heal over time so I figured I'd just use what nod gets to be utterly immune to tib BUT NOPE so I don't really know if it's the dev being a massive autistic fucker, which seems about right considering the writing in the mod and the general lack of quality in somethings, or I somehow fucked something somehow. either way literally kill me tbh

You realize he's talking about a mod, right?

243c64 is an anencephalic turboautist that comes into every RimWorld thread to shitpost as hard as he can about a game he's clearly never played. Do not reply to cancer, just report and filter.

You'd think he'd realize something as obvious as the fact that Tiberium isn't in this game.
Oh well, I never understood what drives a man to be an idiot on the internet.

I really wish some mod would turn this mod into a more tib sun mod rather then tib wars mod because it seems like this is some kinda "in da future of the series" mod but it's just a copy of tib wars shit so far mostly

just screen shot it so later use in theses threads

it was more along the lines of "even mods cant fix it" but okay

yeah you keep telling yourself that nobody who played the game could POSSIBLY think its shit at a fundamental level
Ive sunk around a hundred hours into this piece of shit until I realized how much of a pile of garbage it inherently is

A hundred hours of entertainment for free or what $20? Still cries like a man child, holy fucking shit people are cancer.

its not so much (for me at least) that its a bad game but simply alot of wasted potential.there is fucking code for animal pregnacy but that never happens unless its a tamed animal. deer don't have fawns every year. rabbits dont breed to everywhere and preadators if left alone will eat every animal on the map and then go after eachother/your colonists. even the fucking grass dies each winter so it has to spread from the edges every fucking year. only to die again before it can reach the middle only to try again next year. (he knows grass goes dormant under snow right?) that herbivors that are native to places that snow in the winter are capable of foraging for food in the snow right? nah he got it working "good enough" and then left it be all while adding new stupid shit like hats and a global map that barely works.

There’s a mod which flips that switch.
There’s a mod which makes plants grow from everywhere.

No, seriously, go back to fixing your game.

I'm actually a fan of rimworld but the "mods can fix it" mentality pisses me off. Rimworld is broken, it needs a whole hell of a lot more work before it's a finished game but that doesn't mean it's not fun as it is so far. still wont catch me playing it without mods but you get the idea

are you bi-polar?

I'm just going to point this out. But gamer tend to go crazy if they don't have mod support and if that mod support give them everything they want they say it's only playable because of mods.

Yes, he is.

he's not me tbh

The biggest thing that's irking me is the pawns having really STUPID AI. A few examples:

They have weird priorities with where they take things. I'm setting up a new grow area and brewery for beer inside a mountain, and thus moved the barrels up there as well as the brewing stand. One pawn makes the wort, and another comes around to put it into the barrels. First of all, why the FUCK can't the guy who's making the stuff put it into a barrel right away? Whatever. But what was driving me to screaming was the fact that the pawn who picked up the wort wanted to put it into the old barrels MILES AWAY instead of putting it into the new barrels RIGHT FUCKING BEHIND HIM. It wasn't some issue with it being inaccessible or forbidden or full, because if I drafted the pawn so he dropped the wort, and forced him to fill the close barrel, he would do so. No, it was something like the AI just picking a barrel at fucking random or some shit, instead of the closest available one.

It's similar to the fact that they place objects at complete random inside a stockpile, instead of in the closest empty space to wherever they are walking from. This one guy I have cutting stone blocks, and when he's done he walks over the entire fucking stockpile area, over many open spaces, and places the blocks right next to the extreme far edge of the area. WHY!? Pawns who TAKE items have priority for the closest things, why isn't it the same for those placing things DOWN?!

Another issue: when you give a pawn multiple different things to do, they jump around instead of finishing whatever the fuck they're working on. Like you designate some walls to be deconstructed, a roof to be removed, and some new batteries to be built. They'll HALF BUILD a battery and then decide to go work on the fucking wall. If you have a pawn ordered to make multiple different clothing items, they'll start working on one, and then suddenly toss it on the floor to work on something else. If you have a pawn ordered to sow multiple plots, they'll sow part of it, and then decide to go sow some potted plants on the other side of the goddamn base. What the fuck? Why are these assholes so fucking stupid?!

It's also annoying that there is item decay in the game (food rotting and whatnot) but there doesn't seem to be a way to force pawns to use the potatoes that are two days from disappearing, instead of the corn that is closer but won't decay for another two years. They should just use the oldest shit first by default; it again boils down to the AI being monumentally stupid.

these are all valid complaints, and it seems to me ai pawns in every game I've ever played have similar but not equal deficiencies.
+some+ of the build problems can be avoided by simply not queuing up too much shit.

I had a pretty good run today. My year-round indoor devilweave grow operation has almost provided me with enough parkas for everyone, while I continue to tweak and improve bits of the base.

Color me surprised.

you need to leave

I start with tiberium infusions on the nod scenario frequently lad so it just works on my machine.
Im waiting on his big overhaul patch to see where he takes things right now, apparently NOD raids have flame tanks and avatars, GDI has wolverines and mammoths but ive never seen the mammoth yet.

i think i avoid a lot of it because i prefer small comfy colonies and micromanaging. wish there was a "take to nearest valid stockpile" option though.

So it's another case of "Yeah, we're never gonna finish this, but here have a 1.0 version number!" ?

I remember that note you nigger,
and if I remember correct, the models weren't similar, they were actually the same, the Rimworld dev borrowed it, and the PA devs were alright with it
the models very likely have been updated a long hell time ago, but you're a triple faggot if you're complaining from such a cosmetic thing like that

What’s your actual problem with what I posted?

user, I've been out of the loop, can you tell me what have been the major updates in the latest versions?

Define ‘latest versions’. We got some new cave stuff (taken from a mod) in 18, as well as schedules for pawns (tell them to do something, hold shift, tell them to do something else and they’ll do both; you can keep chaining it). Before that we got some roads and… whatever the fuck else came in 17. You can just read the version change logs on their site.

i use steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1099792464 so i can tell who's nude and who's wearing tan clothes. and it looks better.

Oh hey, that’s nice and makes sense. I’ll have to grab it.

Weird; I always thought it was the other way around, particularly since PA runs like utter shit.

Airlock your fridge doors, you ding-dong!

set each of your stockpile priorities correct.
to avoid stuff like, pawn putting food and taking food from the back of some huge freezer simply make 3 stockpiles. the closest to the door highest priority, the one in the back lowest priority. maybe make an overflow stockpile somewhere on the lowest priority.

1.0 is literally just a number. it's been a playable game for years much like Terraria with it's constant post-release development.

mods fix that, fucking choose your flavor of pawn, literally the lowest fucking priority ever.

version 17-18 introduced–
rivers, caves, roads that exist on the local and world maps.
new quests that require you to fetch, kill, deliverer, find, rescue on the world map.
new op items that you can acquire and make. (you can now make shield belts), but some other things like new artifact weapons.

so when do your colonies collapse?
is it when you hit 14 colonists and 8 prisoners from your last raid and suddenly your freezer is empty?
Or when your muffalow heard hits the point where you cant feed them over the winter do to hay sortage?
Your favored craftsman suddenly not having eyes do to some spider rat?
or when all of that shit happens at the same fucking time.

More often than not it ends up being that the colonists just outright stop eating food, or lack all access to completely accessible food items.

Or I'll purposely build everything out of wood, a raid will happen which will take one or two colonists, then a fire, and without enough colonists to fight the fire, everything will burn forever and rain will never come.

Encountered my first tornado and it cut a zigzagging path point to point destroying all of my power sources, batteries and wood stockpiles in the middle of a heatwave+siege. On the bright side the siege failed because they all died of heatstroke too.

Of course there's no file outside the workshop… Guess I get to not have it.

Generally it's when I have 10 colonists and 6 of them get organ failure from excessive drug usage so I send 2 of the healthy ones out to the nearest offworlder village to get more glitterworld medicine but they get attacked by about 20 wolves and torn to shreds while the base gets sieged by 5 sythers which immediately blow the brains out of anyone who so much as walks past and open door and then proceed to occupy and set fire to the kitchen so the already dying colonists have to chose between getting fucked in the mouth by starvation and mental breaks, fucked in the ass by the insect hive that just spawned in the hydroponics, or torn a new hole to be fucked in by the sythers, or an early cremation.

nice base, how much of it is under thick roof out of curiosity?

oh yeah I forgot tornadoes, that got added in 17 or 18..

Oh, sure. Dorfs have pretty stupid AI, especially with regard to stockpiles, too. It's gracious that, at least in Rimworld, you can usually force a pawn to immediately go do something critical. Not like that with dorfs, oh no; there you have to just set everyone to that type of work and hope someone decides to do it.

Mine almost collapsed recently because the power ran out and I couldn't figure out why in the every loving FUCK the batteries were draining so quickly. I hadn't done more than add one additional cooler to a fridge and a couple standing lamps to a new room. Yet, my batteries drained completely overnight when they hadn't so much as lost a quarter of capacity before that.

I was about ready to give up and assume is was some kind of bug when I happened to realize some motherfucking cargo pods coming down had severed a power line I had running out to two geothermal generators. Would it KILL you dumb assholes to BURY THE POWER LINES so this shit can't happen? Fucking retard colonists, I swear.

it would take five times as long to bury the lines then it's worth as you would also have to dig them back up again just to repair them tbh

Bist du?

Du hast?

Du / Du hast / Du hast mich / Du / Du hast / Du hast mich / Du / Du hast / Du hast mich / Du / Du hast / Du … Du Du hast Du hast mich Du Du hast Du hast mich Du Du hast Du hast mich Du Du hast Du hast mich Du Du hast Du …

For what purpose?

Your replay is not making any sense.
I take it you're not really a german.

discuss pic related instead of shit game

Yeah, that's exactly my point. They're not going to make it a decent game, they're just going to say it's 1.0 so they can abandon it.

humm weird, the latest additions are really good, but I would be surprised he decided to close shop so early,

niggah, what are you talking about? and besides PA came way earlier

why do I have a feeling this is some sort of cuckchan memery?

ok, ok, I fixed it for you.

fuck
man hunter pack spawns literally on top of my hunter.

next to all of it, haven't lost anyone to infestations yet but i did lose some eyes and fingers to the little fags. cheaper eye protection/Gloves when?

because i could 3x10 gives a barren room a moderately impressive look with stone walls and smoothed floors. and a walk that is only at most 25 blocks to the grand hall was planing to expand the couples rooms to be 7x10 but… didn't seem necessary for the mood buff and the prison proper has been pushed back in construction to the point where i've gotten used to it being there.

as an update a cold snap fallowed by toxic fallout made me kill all 21 muffalow i've been running. and the last infestation took out the last eye of my artist. for the last 3 years my beacon has been running there have been no bionic eyes available.

If all their shit is going in the air it's no wonder they get owned.

You misunderstand, user. Rimworld is fun as fuck as it is. I was just stating ways it could be improved from an objective standpoint.
There's nothing that's ever been created that can't be improved in a thousand different ways. Even the best thing you've ever experienced is flawed as fuck, because perfection does not and can not ever exist.
So that's how I look at everything. No matter how much I like something, I always try to find ways it could be better.

The other guy got it better than you did.

Why does your ID look like mine?

Because the RGB hexcodes are almost identical.
rgbtohex.net/hextorgb/

No shit, sherlock, I know how hex codes work.

Then why did you ask how they work? You don't have to lie to save face, user.

I mean I've posted here for 3 years and not once has the RNG wound up giving someone else an identical ID to my own until today.
I apologize for any miscommunication, apparently nobody on Holla Forums has any sense of nuance anymore and takes every post at face value.

Your box is slightly more olive than ID. They are not the same.

Well, now we're just being pedantic.

what do?

Put your colonists to work, first off.
Second off, make some cat kebabs

its winter not alot of work for the growers to do and one is designated(Not by my choice) doctor/researcher that finished researching everything.

Sounds like you might be running short on your stockpile of food during the winter, cat kebabs should sustain your colony just fine.

stealth tanks do both

Anyone here using pregnancy mods? Which ones?
I'm concerned that either I went overboard or I'm running the wrong ones and getting no pregnancies as a result.
Currently running Children&Pregnancy for some of it's mechanics, Children&Parenting&Learning for the whole "school" aspect of it, it seems a cool way to teach skills, and Rimjobworld to actually make the kids.

The problem is that all 3 of these mods implement their own "children" mob and I'm not sure how compatible this would be at all.
To make matters worse, there's now an addon for Alien Framework to allow for other race's pregnancy, as long as their creators also make the child versions of them (but I'm not sure anyone has done so yet).

apini fucking WHEN

Children&Pregnancy will make the kids using the vanilla game fucking mechanic. Rimjobworld always PREVENTED children for me.

Rimjobworld should be compatible with Children & Pregnancy, but the mod page makes no note of the other one. Have you not been able to make kids or something?

Didn't the creator of Rimjobworld made it uncompatible with Children&Pregnancy to prevent pedophilia scenarios in the game or some shit?

Children&Pregnancy is vanilla, right? to be found in the regular community.

Sure is.
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28747.0

It used to be the other way around, C&P would crash the game if it detected RJW. It did the same with the alien races mod too, since the mod author considered both mods "degenerate". But that got changed a long time ago.
I never got around to upgrading to B18, so I'm using older versions of RJW and C&P, but I know the A17 version of RJW had deliberate integration of C&P functionality, and I don't think it's changed management since. The B18 version removed C&P integration but that was also the compatibility fix for B18, so it may have just not worked at the time. It's been a while since RJW updated IIRC.
And both A17 and B18 version have a simplified pregnancy system anyway even if you don't have C&P, so the pedophilia claim doesn't make sense.

has pol shitposted too fucking hard

vanillia doesn't even allow couples to form outside of maybe 5 years age difference. that is a fucking shame when your pawns go up to 80ish years old.
leon and matilda mod when?

Does this game add anything DF doesn't have already? I was really disappointed with how shallow DF was after getting over it's god awful control scheme.

for what purpose

Yeah, it caused a decent shitstorm in the modding community for having the gall to add DRM to a fucking mod. The author is pretty notorious on the forums for being a prick, I wouldn't doubt he's a Holla Forumslack. He causes a lot of shit on the forums, last I heard he almost got banned for calling a furry a zoophile.

If you hate DF's shallowness you're going to love the lack of z levels. Jokes aside it has actual fucking graphics and mouse control, so there's always that.

I'm loving this guy.

Beta Poly has 250000 HP per square and is crazy hard to make, so I don't need a thicker wall. Unless it would help with temperature, but I don't know how that works.

kek

so I don't need a thicker wall
double thick walls will help keep in heat/cold, significantly enough to be worth it while triple walls don't do enough to justify them.

So now you can have C&P and the alien races and be able to create horrible mutants?

Squad management is a lot easier, battles play out more like an RTT than DF does.
Electrical power is a much deeper mechanic than power in DF.
The Medical part of the game is much more fleshed out, you don't just set up an hospital and keep it stocked, you can also perform several surgeries on a whim, extract and replace both organs and limbs, administer drugs and add implants.
Inventory Management is also much easier since you can direct someone to just wield or wear something.
You can direct someone to do something in specific so priority tasks are handled faster.
Raids aren't just based around how much wealth you have but also on how many people you have or recently lost, being attacked in Rimworld is a lot more interesting than in DF.
You can actually move out of your location, either with trading caravans or raiding parties, and visit other factions.
Your colonists have a lot more personality to them, instead of a lot of irrelevant fluff text that barely does anything.

Eh… No.
Children will still be born a specific race, either the father or the mother (I believe RJW lets you specific which or use odds for it)
You want freaky abominations, get GeneticRim instead.

Tell me more.

Cats eat corpses so change their allowed area so it includes your corpse freezer and does not include your drugs stockpile.
Second part is most important. The cats won't do anything important but nuzzle your colonists which makes them happy.

There are no decent games. There never were. Nothing is good enough for me, for I have high standards.

A true good game would do my taxes and give me a blowjob.

It's a mod that lets you harvest genomes from animals and breed Alpha versions of them (bigger, faster, better) or combine them to make horrible mutations.
You can also combine them with colonists for freaky arms and legs.
Bonus: You can combine this with some Dinosaur mod if you ever wanted to give tiny t-rex hands to a colonist… OR
You can combine this with the Call of Cthulu mods and make abominations with your abominations.
Basically, your Elder Things will go "Hey dawg, so I heard you like abominations, so we placed an abomination on your abomination so you can abominate while you abominate".

How good mountain bases work on practice? I am trying to build a true dwarven hold, not a bunch of square rooms linked together mind you, and can`t decide what`s better.

I pulled a few designs from warhammer fantasy reference books, they often have a more conventional "box" layout with only a narrow bridge before the gate followed by an open space, while I am quite fond of, what I believe is the Moria design, a more maze like layout with one or two main corridors. I also was thinking about using god mode to integrate a running river to the entrance similar to the Lonely Mountain.

I didn`t reach the real late game on this game yet so I am not sure what`s better from a gameplay perspective, are these even doable?

After trying it once I've never done anything but mountain bases. Just read up on infestation and how to counter it and you're golden.

Let's put it this way: Tynan came up with the Infestation as a way to nerf mountain bases, that's how good they are.
You pretty much only have to defend a single entrance (unless you make more), you got amazing insulation from cold and heat and managing temperature is really easy.
Sapper and mortars aren't gonna make a hole through your walls for raiders to come in either.

Only issues are just lack of indoor farming until you get hydroponics or make a fancy farm with a hole to the sky, and maybe longer times getting out. And the infestations, of course.
I forgot what it was, but there's a mod for terraforming that lets you "build" water tiles. I think it was Fertile Fields, which should also help setting up a farm indoors with rich soil.

That's pretty much how a regular mountain base ends up, though.
If you want to avoid that, you only have to remenber 2 very important things:

1-Redundancy: Getting around can take a long while for your colonists depending on the corridors you have, so make a lot of them for people to have multiple routes. Not only it helps with pathfinding, it makes for decent aesthetics too, especially if you make some bigger 3-wide or 5-wide corridors with decorations on it for main walkways.

2-Maintenance: You won't want to keep wires inside walls so to keep them easily within reach for mainteance (or whatever else you have modded in as well), you'll want secondary maintenance corridors that are closed of with doors and not really supposed to be used by colonists, just to pass wires around and the like.

Now that is something fun. Can you get dinosaur implants or eldrich implants?

With the granma's cooking book I've been planning to make an infestation kill box to farm insect meat to make ham. Turning meat into ham removes all debuffs associated with them, even human meat ones.

Read it for yourself: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35158.0
Although it seems you can only breed a few more hybrids.

These seem promising, although raids in DF weren't about wealth at all. Rather if you walled yourself in and how much you abuse broken traps (atom smasher, cage)

Are the raid calculations done purely based on the colony as a whole, or does it have "per-colonist" factors?
I was doing a colony where I had one guy start with a full set of advanced bionics, and refused to accept anyone else into the colony. Eventually my herds and their hay fields got large enough that I needed a second set of hands to deal with it all, so I used a slave mod to take someone captive to haul goods, till fields, and service passing caravaneers. That way I could get everything done without letting anyone actually join.
Before I took the slave, when I had one guy with full bionics and a set of power armor, raids ranged from 50-70 people. Now, with the game using two people for the calculations, one of whom has normal body parts and only basic clothes, raids are less than 20 tribals.

"a mountain base"

In my opinion a "mountain base" should not really start in the mountain. Find a place next to a mountain closed in on 3 sides that you can close off with a wall. Immediately you have most of the advantages that a mountain base would provide without any of infestation problems. Of course you will want to expand later and the way to do that first is to figure out what part of that mountain can be carved into safely and what can't be. The answer thick vs thin mountain roofs. Thick mountain roofs (six or more tiles of iirc) create infestations. Usually any mountain side has 3-5 tiles of thin roof first though that means you can carve out quite a bit of expansion safely. When you are ready, like me after a couple of years, it might be time to dig out some of the thick roofs in an area you are already prepared to defend and or have a squad of bad asses to deal with it without hassle.

what?

There's a lot of variables. Colony size which is depending on your narrator is one only of them, there's also tech level and weapons level. Given your experience, it probably averages them out over all your colonists. If you give one person a charge rifle it doesn't change much; if you give everyone a charge rifle it does.

A huge lush and fertile valley surrounded by mountains is pretty much the best you can get. It has basically zero disadvantages. But that requires a lot of re-rolling, and just seems a bit too outside the spirit of the game.

If you pick (huge) [mountain] maps finding something like this isn't that difficult, I think it was my third roll and generally speaking every 3 maps will give you something to go with. Although this one has a bit more inside coverage than most, that fact is that it really isn't that useful because I simply did/don't need that much space. I'm literally growing trees in that space.

Yeah, at one point you just get to where it's not really about survival anymore. It's not "what do I really, really have to build ASAP?", it's "what would be nice to have, I guess?" Once there, the only further reason to build more is just for the sake of doing it. Do I really need to add six more solar panels so I can make two hydroponics farms growing devilstrand and hops year-round? No, I'm actually rolling in silver and resources, and have basically nothing to spend it on. But I'mma do it, anyway.

Unfortunately, that point in the game comes where you really haven't needed to fill very much of the map.

So… how big can you set a map before the game get issues? especially if you are planning in having 5 colonies.

How many colonists do you have? I never go over 5 and my infestations are like 3-5 bugs at best.
Also if you know where they're going to spawn like in your case or in mine when I made a decoy room for it just make the room big enough to not aggro them from the door and put wood blocks in the room, throw a molotov at them and close the door.

Rimworld Science on you tube says that you need(ed) six titles to spawn an infestation.
Also even with 15 colonists I've never seen that big of an infestation.
*God hates you*

7-8, I think it was. Do you play on extreme?

This was definitely one solitary overhead mountain tile. I know because I went back and checked all the rooms because I thought I'd been sure to only mine thin roofs and found just one overhead tile by a back wall.
It spawned one hive on that tile and the rest on non-overhead tiles around the room.

Pretty sure I'm not playing on extreme, I dont remember what difficulty I chose but I usually go with normal in any game.

I migrated to extreme as things became too easy once I learned the game.
It's generally challenging and punishing enough to be interesting except when it comes to infestations. They're already point-for-point as or more powerful than the strongest raids, and on top of this they're all durable heavy melee who spawn all over the inside of your base, often including on top of sleeping, sick or even just moving pawns, as even then you often don't have time to get them before the bugs aggro and maim/kill half your colony with its pants down.

so when is this shit coming out?
I don't wanna bother with the beta versions

mega.nz/#!MRQxjJCa!QnQkC5Vno4UNNxDi_SJX_9OcRqRczg59Dh0I2BE6o0U
I think some of the textures in here are from that mod, but others are different. Not like it makes too much difference unless you're looking closely.

iv'e had luck with simply having a larger underground base that seems to "distribute" the bugs better than having some micro base under the mountain. but in my last play threw there was a ancient danger that was a massive 15x15 room that was part way under a mountain that i initially used as a prison for muh Impressive barracks bonus for prisoners. but i swear to god i got a good 3 infestations in that one room a year. basically ended up butchering prisoners trapped in there with them as i got the Crew in there to stop them. kinda want to try to make a bee hive the next play threw if you know what i mean

It's at that "feature complete and if you mod the shit out of it you won't even notice" stage so you might as well pirate and try now.

is it buggy? that's why I usually wait

I haven't played current ver but there are usually very few bugs, major or minor. The only one I can immediately recall is them trying to incorporate a modder's (volunteered) pathing improvement and accidentally breaking pathing over long distances (pawns will zigzag a bit), but I assume that'll be fixed by next ver.
I do know that last ver added a tornado event that is unavoidable and pretty bullshit RNG destruction. Dev regrets it and says it'll be removed, but you can very easily remove it by just disabling it during game creation, so it's not a significant issue.

It's not that buggy, it's just contentless and boring after two hours.

I haven't encountered any that I can name. Everything runs pretty smoothly but when your base starts getting really big it can lag pretty bad. This is generally when it's well past the soft caps on population limits the default story teller has though.
I only play randy which doesn't have any caps but when you're really kicking and an entire tribe decides to genocide itself against your turrets it can freeze for several seconds while it loads in what feels like 100 enemies.

alright fella, why don't you go back to play skyrim, do you have all the releases yet?

its not buggy, but in its state there is bound to have some broken things specially if you use a thousand mods, like most people do, but even the base game is quite alright

t. sandbox mode

>>>/out/

ok, thanks for the info. I'll give it a shot over the weekend.

What’s your fucking point?

You play on a world in the rim. What's the problem?

he cant separate a game about living on the edge of reality, from the first time he saw a video of someone eating ass

This is why Rimjobworld exists.

This is fun, really making things a bit harder when you don't start with no food whatsoever and the first bits of research are done with a camp fire that runs out of fuel really fast.
I'm really enjoying my tribal experience but I'm gonna have to reload since that guy was the one that was Force Sensitive. I'm hoping to fry rabbits with lighting when he begins his training later on.

Why are you so salty all the time Tynan? Didn't you make any money on this game?

Go away Randy, no one wants to play your game

it was practically begging for it
I can't conceive how the base game isn't more lewder to begin with

Stay in school.

You do know that when leftists went after Tynan over the relationship mechanics, not only did he refuse to change them, but he also denounced it as a "witch hunt", right?
Leftism has nothing to do with it.

simple

Because there are faggots in real life?

Then gas them.

It wasn't leftists, it was FEMINISTS. They were salty because the code basically made all the women bisexual by default, or some shit like that, and also colonists will only fuck someone within a narrow biological age-gap. Things were better before women started thinking they were going to get catered to in every single video game like straight, white men were ever since video games had characters. It's nonsense.

exactly, no Leon and Matilda relationships in our Christian games.

but gays are alright, fucking teenagers to old age is natural, even if same sex
fucking toddlers on the other hand is not

You did a good thing user.

16 years old is prime breeding age.
40+ is in the autism and mental deficiency range and anything younger than 14 is asking for birth complications.

i thought it was closer to 20?

Ottos Mops trotzt.
Otto: fort Mops fort!
Ottos Mops hoppst fort.
Otto: soso

Closer to 20 for males. guy is baiting for an age of consent argument.

I've heard the correlation, but are we sure it's casual?

Not having kids until you are 30 or 40 is a sign that you might have autism yourself (not a guarantee, but that's one way to explain it). So could the increased chance of autism not also be attributed to an increased occurrence of autism in the parents?

Faggots are 0.8% of the population and are mentally ill walking disease factories. They won’t exist in any future that has spaceflight.

>>>/suicide/
>>>/tumblr/

Causal*

How exactly do you propose you're gonna prevent gays from existing?

Neither will hydraulic tits. What's your point?

Also, women prefer older men, but men prefer younger women.

But we have spaceflight right now you dumb fucking nigger.

engage warp drive, commiecuck!

Warp drives don't exist in rimworld you fucking idiot

Get the fucking faggots out of the game.

Ever heard of smallpox?

Do you expect anyone to fall for that?

Just kill the gay ones or don't land with them if you don't like them/ Also is EPOE or RBSE better as a bionics mod, since they both seem to be pretty active in terms of updates.

I just use Glittertech to add some bionics.

Behold the XL Rimworld oven

why would he bait with an age thats commonly legal, even in the US

i'm stealing this. i build a cuck shed on the edge of the map to get rid of garbage colonists. throw them in and leave the door open.

30s is the prime age for males,
20s is the prime for females (and I mean past 20)
just see the most common age people come to fatherhood,
but that doesn't mean people get sexually active past 16

no correlation youngfag, most people nowadays will have kids later on because of economic situation,

t. oldfag here, practically went through second puberty

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_ancient_Rome
good times
hey pol

I have no idea why people do this shit with gays. It's like tossing food away or letting wood rot, you're just wasting a resource.
Putting them in a shack alone not only doesn't give you anything out of it, while they are alive, they act as penalties. Raids will consider them able fighters and recruiting new pawns has penalties due to your population.

You can draft them with melee weapons for cannon fodder so they sustain all the injuries (including friendly fire) and protect the valuable colonists.
You can make a small hut with a bed, nutrient dispenser and workshop. Then he'll stay in there, crafting shit all day long, especially if the shack is right next to a warehouse. He'll always have a crammed room and eat shit every day but you'll get your own sweatshop in return.
You can do similar things for a farm or a barn so they take care of your food too.
Or you can simply harvest organs or sell them to slavery as well.

But ultimately, Rimworld is not about som uberpawns with only positive traits and tons of skills being incredibly awesome, it's about financial accountants, lawyers and farm oafs struggling to build a small town, negative traits are a part of the game and whatever line of though you try to use against the "gay" trait could be used for all negative traits as well.

It's epigenetics; just make sure that the testosterone levels in the womb are controlled and the amount of homos would drop sharply. Hjernevask had a really good episode about it.

I seriously doubt that this change alone would be enough since there's likely to be several other factors, and even then you're still not completely removing them anyway.

Really, it's a surprise the whole place lasted that long or that it even attracted barbarians to attack it.
That place was like a country-sized Starbucks being invaded by Chads when it finally fell down.

Well, given the staggering correlation between the testosterone levels in the womb(and its effects on the brain) and homosexuality in men, it ought to have a definite effect.

Still, testing it might be tricky. China might start working on it sooner or later. Essentially high levels of T in the womb make someone more interested in Systems and Things over People to the point of causing autism. Low levels cause people to be interested in the reverse. It's been tested on 1 day old babies and with the follow up studies on their interests and it's been holding pretty true.

Say what you like about the Romans, but to deny that submitting to a woman is the gayest shit ever - far gayer than dominating a man - is just folly.

So the future is a choice between gays and autists.
That meteor can't come soon enough.

Nigga, it's cunnilingus, nothing else. You're not submitting, you're using your most flexible appendage for her pleasure since your hand would get tired before she's even wet.
Doing something nice that pleases someone else is not "submitting", otherwise the entire point of politeness would be to establish dominance.

You're being intentionally obtuse, but I'll clarify.

Real men dont give a fuck about woman's pleasure. They are here to please us, that is why it is seen as submissive act.

Seeing a women in pleasure give me pleasure.

You're a retard.

You're gonna have to specify it a little there; do you mean knowing that you're giving her pleasure, or just in general. Because the latter can quite easily be construed as cuckoldry.

Lol cuck

Inshallah, brother!

"Real men" understand that relationships are a concerted effort with both parts working together, not a one-way deal.
You learn this as you grow up so don't worry, you'll get there one day.
If you've past the point of growing up however, then I advise against prolonging your White Sharia, it's not gonna land you many women or a happy marriage.

Also this, their moans and smiles does more for my boner than their tits and ass.
Why do you think that sexualized moeshit even exists? Because guys like seeing girls enjoying themselves.

If you need a scientific reason for that, I'd assume it's a biological response that you're doing something right, not unlike a three-way handshake in networking protocols.
Please girl (you're fucking her right) -> she replies with moans and smiles (performance acknowledged) -> you get a happy boner (action acknowledged.

Unless the pure I aint tonguing shit.

To your cucked mind, everything is cuckloldry.
You project onto others and have a unhealthy obsession with cucking.

Cuck.

Would love to see those studies, but you're just pulling shit out of your ass, like usual.

According to you, there's no such thing as a homosexual with autism. It also doesn't explain why low-functioning autists have those round androgynous faces.

Basically, what I'm saying is they're both total bullshit.

i'm a big fan of mining camps (as i tend to play on the "ludicrous" sized maps) as i tends to get necessary. restricitng a pawns area to some shack and mine while having food shipped down for him. is particularity useful when your trying to mine parasteel on the ass end of a mountainous map.

Is the AI still dogshit?

Or then I just caught you in a Freudian slip.

youtube.com/watch?v=150QBUAisoo&index=3&list=PLd9_g7lAICxtlGbxh4_z8ik178o8CDPnv
The entire series is worth a look; killed several social studies programs which had been funded with tax money in Norway.
No, I'm pointing out that there's an absolutely massive correlation there.
High Testosterone in the womb != high Testosterone later in life.

It's epigenetics, not just how hormones affect people.

Timestamps for relevant parts 16:51 & 28:26 for those who don't want to watch the whole video. Do watch both the interview sections to the end, though.

Really? I was expecting something more official, not motherfucking Norwegian Mythbusters with cherry-picked scientists. It's merely confirmation bias. They're studying the most feminine homosexuals they can find (because those are the only ones they can pick off the street), and then acting as if it's an amazing discovery that they're feminine.

Correlation doesn't mean causation; correlation doesn't mean anything. There are feminine straight men all over the place, called "metrosexuals", at least back a decade ago; around here I believe the term is "soy-boys". Same thing.

The reason this all breaks down is because it's completely illogical that gays are all feminine and low-T, but sexually attracted to masculinity and high-T at the same time. This idea that gays have "women's brains" is antiquated, based on a few brain scans (where they found some differences, but don't even know what the fuck they're looking at because the brain is still a complete mystery) and a whole lot of circumstantial evidence. Now you're going to tell me I can't be gay because I'm an engineer as a hobby, and really good at reading maps? Come on.

"real men" is a term feminists made up broh.

You're conflating the interviewers with the people did the studies themselves. If you'd look into their methodology and criticize that, you might have a point. But seeing as how you've no idea what you're talking about, I
The guy is a pretty much a social studies low-t cuck; if anything he's shocked and confused by the findings throughout the series.
They literally seek out both sides, then present the cases of both and ask for them to respond to the others' presentation. Without fail, the "cherry-picked" cases present their studies while the opposition fails to back anything up they say with evidence.
True, but when as noted you have no other discernible correlations and it rings true for most if not all… Well, that's something else, no?
Confirmed for not understand what epigenetics is. I will repeat myself:
"High Testosterone in the womb != high Testosterone later in life."
It's something which happens during fetal life; the level of Testosterone during adulthood has no bearing on that, as the brain has already developed.
lmao literally what social scientist say to try and discredit research they don't like. That narrative has been so BTFO that literally even pozpedia agrees with it:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INAH_3

*You're conflating the interviewers with the people who did the studies. If you'd look into the researcher's methodology and criticize that, you might have a point. But seeing as how you've no idea what you're talking about, I can't help but point it out again.
Sorry about that.

None of this matters. Taking this seriously would imply you are born gay and therefore have no fault of it so it's immoral to punish you for that.
However try telling this to the White Sharia advocates or the actual Sharia Advocates.

Then there's also the claims that it's a matter of culture and childhood with a lot of gays having been molested when they were younger.
Epigentics would do nothing against that and if this is as big a factor as Holla Forums makes it out to be, it may even explain whatever results those studies found out unless they were controlled against this as well.

It's still stupid, a non-problem considering how minority they are and most likely a way for nature to solve over-population under safe and rich environments. The more crowded a species feels, the higher the chances of gay newborns to prevent further breeding since they aren't needed.

Since we already know the environment the mother is in during pregnancy affects the chemical balances and even the chance for gender in her womb, it makes a lot more sense to consider that gays are "incomplete girls\boys" because the mother is currently in a threat free environment that does not require a male but is striving in her conditions and does not require extra wombs for the next generation. So it produces an offspring that will have no wish to procreate and is even unable to do so.

Sage because this shit is no longer Rimworld but it's still more discussion than DF threads and their 45+ types of rocks :^)

this mod is driving me up the wall with how little thought they put into it

Can someone give list of good mods for this game or should I wait for ludeon to stop development for this game and complete mod made after that?

Nah, faggots weren’t citizens in Rome.

the mod author clearly put a bit of thought and whatnot into all this but there are some major flaws with the current release

So much for forgiving. frankly i'm thinking I ought to enable a spread limit on the tiberium from the source in the mod options, but we will see what changes in 1.0 since hes planning a huge release.

could he fucking remove all the Tib war shit and instead go more Tib sun friendly? that's pretty much what I'm mostly annoyed at tbh

Calhoun experiment, yeah.

Sharia and Holla Forums are just rationalizing their disgust, so they're not worth discussing.

I was actually thinking about this video youtube.com/watch?v=3IaYhG11ckA and several other studies I've read that mention the same thing.
The environment surrounding the mother during pregnancy heavily influeces the gender of the kid that's born for evolutionary reasons.

However these studies and ideas mostly talk about times of famine or war, times of plenty are just there for comparison. The natural consequence that can be taken from them is that you'll actually end up with a lot more males than the world actually needs or has space for, all competing against each other, so it's likely that in order to avoid the results of Calhoun experiment, they might be born gay instead and thus they are removed from competition, keeping things balanced.

This is indeed why I never take those guys seriously either, there's so many factors and theories here, some for really good natural reasons, that it's folly to even think you can or should try to control it in some way.

And going back to TiberiumRim.
I though I saw an option in Mod Configuration to limit the spread of Tiberium in a certain radius from it's generators. Doesn't that kinda solve the problem of having minerals noming your base the whole time?

Translation: lol there is no legitimate reason to hate faggots ha ha wow get with the times grandpa
Refutation: >>>/polarchive/1870

Yes, and then they deliberately portray the "other side" as being unscientific Luddites caught in their own hypocrisy and anecdotes, when all they were doing was expressing rational doubt in incomplete and meaningless science. Having high uncertainty is what scientists are SUPPOSED to do, not take the first correlation they find and run into the streets screaming "Look! We found out why gays exist!! We have the scans! It's undeniable proof!"

They still don't even know what it does. They found a correlation between homosexuals and one part of the brain and JUST ASSUMED it must have something to do with their homosexuality. I said it already: the brain is still a giant black box for the most part. They know what sections will move what parts of the body if you poke at them, but little more beyond that. There is zero proof, zero explanation, just a correlation and a few "possibilities".

That woman had a good point, too, about opening a box that doesn't need to be opened. We already know that being gay isn't a choice; it only takes a child's logic to know this and basically everyone accepts it. Even the Christians now believe it's inborn (focusing instead on the choice between "sinning" and living a life of lonely celibacy). Trying to find the EXACT biological cause is nothing more than attempted eugenics to eliminate them.

Can you imagine the shitstorm this would cause if applied to race, hypothetically speaking? Suppose scientists find that a certain balance of hormones during pregnancy cause negroid characteristics to be passed down — with the open and obvious implications that if you alter them you can make black people have white babies. Then they go publishing these findings: "Here's why negros are just inferior whites! We have the scans!!". At this point, it's little more than those "infographics" on Holla Forums: meaningless statistical garbage to make a bunch of useless retards think they're better than an entire subset of humanity by default, so they don't have to accomplish a fucking thing to be a "success". Bunch of fat, ugly, jobless idiots pretending as if none of that matters because they're superior to faggots and niggers, so they can just sit back and bask in this.

This flies in the face of everything that life is and represents. It's practically "intelligent design". It's like saying that cancer will only spread a certain amount and then just stop, because it's doing well enough and doesn't need to spread anymore. This is ascribing a teleology and intelligence to a process which is far too base and primitive to have one.

We do, in fact, know this.
No. We don't. Faggotry is a mental illness. Faggotry has been proven NOT to be genetic.
Do you not know what facts are, or…?
Project more, leftypol.
Project SO much more, leftypol.

If being gay was a choice or something that you can indeed change, it would have been proven by now since all it'd took was one guy voluntarially turning gay.
Try it yourself, see if you can change your sexuality at all and then stop embarassing yourself.

Statistics are not facts, they are generalizations at best. You never have a control group that represents 100% of an entire population since you never test the entire population.
At best you'll have a small margin of error but there's always a margin of error there. Facts do not have margins of error, this alone makes statistics not facts at all.

Secondly, statistics are fucking useless. If you had a statistic that told you 8% of newborns were gay, would you advocate for a law that sees every 8 newborns in 100 to be thrown into an oven? You wouldn't because you couldn't judge each individual baby on that statistic alone.
While statistics can give a general idea of what a problem is and what group of people to target with a solution, they absolutely NEVER give you neither solutions nor specific targets to work with.

You can't have a judicial system where people are arrested based on how likely their particular race\gender is likely to commit a crime, you can't have a health system that provides care primarly to those more likely to survive and you can't have an education that accepts students based on how likely their race\gender is to perform.
For all of those situations you will ALWAYS acess the individual and see what his conditions are. Statistics might give you a good guess but you're still not gonna rely solely on them.

This is why Holla Forums is retarded with it's graphs. If you were to take it seriously, we'd need to fry a number of Holla Forumsyps based on the white crime rate for instance and I doubt any of them will volunteer.

Jesus fucking christ, you both need to kill yourselves and shut up.

1. It is.
2. It has been proven.
Guess what, faglover.
THIS IS HOW MENTALLY DEFECTIVE LIBERALS ACTUALLY ARE. THIS IS WHAT THEY HAVE TO TELL THEMSELVES TO OPERATE ON A DAILY BASIS.
Yes, you don't know what statistics are. Thanks for confirming.
FUCKING LOL "They aren't real and even if they were they wouldn't mean anything!"
I would simply know the "statistic" was faked, as the people behind the "10%" lie have publicly admitted they made it up. Faggots represent roughly 0.8% of the population.
Thanks for asserting something that no one questioned. Most of the rest of your post is exactly the same sort of statement.
So you have no fucking comprehension of what statistics are, don't actually know what the graphs are saying, and are too mentally defective to refute the proof already presented that everything you said is a lie.
LEFTYPOL CONFIRMED
Reported for a fucking derail.

Rimworld threads should be banned, I don't remember a single good one.

Are you sure you're not retarded? I think you're pretty retarded. It's entirely possible to choose to be gay. Ones fetishes aren't decided at birth. Furries aren't born attracted to Bugs Bunny. Why would homosexuality fare any different?

I'd tell you to use your mouse to click the little arrow and hide the thread, but you probably don't know what a mouse is.

Ah, I get it now. The idea is to derail the thread into debate about identity politics and then report it so mods delete it.
I though you guys had already gotten tired of this shit since it never works out that way, and you could at least come up with something better than "statistics are an excelent way to judge the individual".
Why don't you guys go derail some other thread while you try to explain your 0.8% gayness and your 1/500 chance to rape women?

Isn't that adorable.
Stop being objectively wrong and you'll stop being refuted and reported for derailing. Is it that hard to understand?
Yes, we could.

Ban the people responsible instead. Rule 8 exists precisely to prevent things like the Holla Forumsniggers and Dorf Fort fags who keep driving these threads into the ground.

Actually I quoted the wrong post there, but waddya know? It applies as well to you.
6 posts so far and none have anything to do with Rimworld. It's just you injecting your Holla Forumsitics into the thread for a game you likely don't play but have to preach about because it features gheys.

Sadly, I think that depends on how much the vols which to enforce that rule and since 2 reports have likely been ignored, I'm not sure this is gonna get anything done.

Who knows? Maybe the vols are taking pity on the poor refugees that can't have actual discussion on their own board and are allowing Discussions of Peace here.
It's likely to end in a predictable manner as well.

Then choose to be gay. Surely someone so non-retarded as you can do that easily. Go outside and fuck the first guy you see, and then report your findings so everyone knows that you were right all along.

Even the furry board and the literal gay board are anti-gay. It's basically the religion of this place by now, and no more grounded in reality or rationality.

What the fuck.

Sounds like you're fresh off the boat from 4chan.

I don't know where you came from, but you need to go back to that place.
>>>/out/

yeah it does but it also doesn't work for blue tib if it's next to a body of water or mountain

Combat Extended for V1.8 when?

Did you notice any improvement by stacking sandbags around your exterior walls? Or was it mostly for aesthetic?

Sounds like a really great idea for a mod.

Enemy pawns don't seem to take deadfall traps into effect when calculating their pathways unless you got sappers attacking you. I've set up traps to be laid into easier pathways for enemies to take while my pawns move around through doors. The effect is I can send most of my colony (7 pawns) on an attack raid and know that a skeleton crew could hold the house secure. (pic related)

Biggest failure I had was two pawns who hated each other sparking conflicts and making interruptions in workflow. With a cook in the hospital there's no one making food, and then everyone gets angry and more fights break out. Then everything goes to shit when the tiniest raid happens because I can't stop taking losses. My new focus is on a long term evolving fortress with much higher recruitment discrimination.

Holla Forums, pls

Don't forget that Rimworld also has the AI Storyteller option, so people who like the utterly random element of DF can select that at the start of the game. Also allows other modded storyteller algorithms so you can experiment with different playstyles.

That garden layout is just objectively the most efficient. And I think the duster/cowboy hat is, barring power armor or extreme cold, the optimal outfit as well.
Though I'm not sure why he went for efficiency on the hydroponics and then did the least efficient possible hospital. You can get eight beds per monitor using s similar pattern.

I'm not that guy, but
yes, for random fire (guns), bombs, explosions, boom rats, etc, as far I can tell it helps.

user, what mod is that that lets you condense stockpile counts on the top left?

lmao.

Reported for autistic 10 year old leftypol spam.

You are a literal queer, loaded with MULTIPLE STDs, trying to justify your mental illness by saying you were born with it. No fags are born that way. Just kill yourself.

Click the button at the bottom right of the screen, you idiot.

You didn't actually watch the videos, did you? Each and every one of them went into emotional hysterics and admitted to pretty much not relying on any kind of empirical studies in their work. Not a one of them had done any kind of research or experimentation to verify a single thing they promoted.

a muffalow wool cowboy hat and duster will get people to beyond ludicrous heat and cold resistances.

wut? i thought each monitor only attached to one bed?

Other way around. A bed can only benefit from one monitor, but the monitor can attach to as many beds as you can fit. Just like how the tool cabinet can apply to many workbenches.

Has Sam Hyde's name been added in the Rimworld name pool?

Oh jeez. I did not see that. Fuck you user, thanks.

We still banging later, right?

What unconventional layouts have people been trying?
I've seen some really neat ideas like and it makes me feel bad about my bland colonies that always end up being the cave equivalent of commieblocks.
I was considering a "cell-based" approach where everything was comprised of identical 4x4 square rooms, but that falls apart with things like stockpiles and freezers, the 5x2 workbenches, or large furniture like the pool table. Combining the cells into something 4x11 or 11x11 rooms would help to some extent, but it compromises the aesthetic and makes the whole exercise seem worthless.

This game is boring as fuck. I really gave it a chance, I even installed some "lemme fix it for you dev" mods like, adding FISHING and BRIDGES and A NOT FUCKED UP TECH TREE. Dev is lazy as fuck, I get it you cashed in on the "Dorf Fortress for Casuals" meme and now you're bored and want some more money, fine. But your game sucks.

Researching is a boring as fuck way to unlock techs. Forcing your whole colony to do nothing to unlock more stuff to build so you can sit and do nothing again, just sucks.

Your colonists are idiots and can't figure anything out for themselves. They are lobotomized Dwarves.

They are also all ticking timebombs since the game is "designed" to have everyone spiral into a tantrum unless you have everyone ocd cover everything in marble.

Combat is stupid without mods (and even then) and the entire time I am really just thinking I can mod a sci-fi Dwarf Fortress and end up with a better experience and make the world a better place. There has just been more work and effort put into the details that make it all seem like a fun time.

The only boon to the entire game is that it auto-builds ceilings. That's just about it.

b-b-but user-chan, you can remove ceiling zone

learn to read nigger

I'm saying that its a cool feature, the concept of zones to determine inside areas and that they're automatically designated.

It is a pretty shitty game.
That's the problem with early access games, no real reason to improve anything if the normies don't complain

no kike

I just wonder if I should go to the 20 games I don't like on Holla Forums and shit post them, but I realize I have shit to do with my life so nah.

Doesn't almost everything you wrote apply to DF too?
Dwarfs are retards and the tiniest of things can throw them into a temper tantrumm spiral.

How is DF combat better?

Unless you're building a research bench for everyone and assigning research as their most important task, you're not "forcing your whole colone to do nothing".
There's plenty you can do with the default starting tech, research is meant to be a long term goal to slowly unlock new things when you have a base up and going.

On the controrary, they actually can do a lot of stuff just by themselves, unless you mean the fact they don't work autonomously unless you tell them to. Try and turn off jobs for dwarves and see how much they do as well then.

Yes, they have needs you have to manage, this isn't new in these types of games, what about it?
Colonists are actually quite resilient to shit, especially when you start do to extra positive buffs (that you shouldn't need later on) and even when in the shitter, they still take some time to flip.
And even when they flip out, instead of going around and killing people thus actually causing the spiral tantrum that happens in DF, there's plenty of other shit that can happen that's not as penalysing for you.

It's a squad based RTT, what do you think is stupid about that? And by the way, which mods are you adding? Currently I'm using Simple Sidearms and Supression.

There's an unstable version out

I can't play without CE anymore, it's so much better with the jaggedallianceesque combat.

i'd love DF depth of damage effects. the combat isn't much different otherwise, Rimworld with CE is more tactically involved.

It's hard as fuck to get dwarves to tantrum now a days.

Are you still on .17 or is the unstable version usable?

The only annoying thing is that it's a task that they only do if there is nothing else they could be doing so you better have them disabled for cleaning and mining and shit

I usually just recruit a prisoner and stick him to do nothing but research so my colonists that are good at doing things don't waste their time.

You do know that in vanilla there are four levels of priority you can set, right? It's not just checked or unchecked. Set cleaning to lower priority than research.

That's a pretty good idea

aw fuck i forgot about manual priorities, ignore me

This is why I feel the rich-explorer start is OP, especially now with the tech tree as it is. You just wait for some otherwise useless dude to show up with some aptitude towards research and that's what they do forever.
Also cleaning [2] research [3] is a pretty good idea but you will research at half the time, bases are always dirty.

Has anyone tried if monstergirl mod works?

I think the update broke some logic that was used by monstergirls to haul and clean

Close enough.

They still clean for me, but I haven't seen them haul, but that is probably because I restrict them to an area, so they can't go out and haul.

How'd you get faces and why can you zoom in so much?

2 mods, Facial Stuff for the faces and Camera+ or something similar that lets you zoom far more.

I am become boipucci, destroyer of boards

There was also RimFace for FacialStuff that gave them those cock sucking lips.

I had never realized how much rimworld/prison architect resembles south park character design

Cigarettes are bad for you.

Why would someone replace a perfectly functional anus with an artificial vagina? How does he shit now? Is the scratch scar from when he got raped by the husky?

There are so many questions!

For some reason, the anus is the easiest part of the colonist to destroy and I've now had a number of colonists with destroyed anuses that I've tried to replace with hydraulic anuses, but it always turns out that the packaging was wrong on the boxed anus and it was a hydraulic vagina all along.

Also the only rape that has occurred has been with the mantis ara, a number of times by several now dead colonists.

This.
Also if they have a passion for it they won't need sanity breaks. You could probably increase their efficiency like mad by making a research dungeon and having some useless hauler bring them meals.

now install the vape mod
and btw, you need a lifetime of smoking to really get that bad

How are you getting RJW to play well with the Alien framework? It almost always throws an error for me when trying to spawn an alien; I can't get caravans or visitors at all. Something about the BodyDefs.

Such is life out on the rim.

Are there any mods that add legs and arms to the pawn sprite? I just hate the way it looks for some reason.

Not even once.

The newest version of Facial Stuff that you have to download from github has Rayman floating hands and feet. Its still a bit buggy with weird shit like pawn's hands and feet being above their head when sleeping. Limbs also disappear when a pawn can no longer walk so if you don't feel like tracking notices it can help at a glance. Until 1.0 hits and someone decides to do something about pawn sprites its going to be the best you can get for now.

github.com/Killface1980/RW_FacialStuff/releases

when fuck

confound it

Thanks famalam

I still get headless alien colonists every once in a while, but I've had no issues with, at least, Hospitality visitors and caravans. Maybe it's somethingreally.specifically with the Alien Pregnancy Framework, but I don't know really.

I got it working, at least. There are still minor problems (the body groups RJW adds are duplicated, so there are two genitals, breasts, and anus groups, but only one gets assigned organs), but at least things work.

T-thanks randy

Yeah, I found out that forbidding a colonist to use drugs only works out if they actually care to listen to you. I had a colonist drink all the fucking time and end up with liver cancer only a couple seasons after showing up.

Maybe making him a custom zone that DOESN'T include the beer stockpile will work. Have to try that.

You should check out Oxygen Not Included if you like playing with gas and autistically setting up gas/water lines

So what are the decent alien race mods right now that isn't full furry shit?

Restricted zones seem to only work on people who aren't having a binge break.
You should keep at least one melee character around armed with a mace to beat some sense into them if a break happens, also beatings work well for pyromaniac breaks.

Have to be careful with beatings, still a small chance of killing them even unarmed.

Downing a pawn has a chance to randomly kill them outright even when the injuries themselves aren't necessarily fatal. There are mods that can adjust or remove that so that only fatal wounds are fatal.

recommend me a good modpack niggers, or at least the essential mods for this game for A17 or B18

There’s no “modpack,” nor are there really any essentials for any given type of game.

These are all simple quality-of-life mods. Anything more interesting you should look for for yourself.
Adds a few useful tools. Haul+ is the most useful, which allows you to set the selected item to be hauled urgently.
Allows you to build bridges and fish off them. Basic bridges can only be walked on, more expensive bridges can be built on.
Instead of lines or filled rectangles, lets you draw shapes like circles or empty rectangles. Useful if you autistically plan your base ahead of time. Good combined with More Planning.
Substantially increases the number of furniture types that can be uninstalled, put into storage, and reinstalled.
Gives you many different colors of planning squares, instead of just grey.
Archives notifications, both the envelopes on the left and the short messages in the top right.
Allows you to set the maximum number of traits as high as 9, and adjusts the character card to make them visible.
Rough stone walls can be smoothed, similarly to floors.
Lets you equip colonists with backup weapons, especially to have both ranged and melee weapons. Extremely useful against animals.
Toggleable colored overlay showing soil fertility and land buildability.

Really depends on what you want, but I don't play without combat enhanced anymore because vanilla combat is really shallow and boring.

Thought the random death chance only applies to non-colonists and animals.

I know that pain hitting 100% is instant death for all creatures, which is why I recommend using a mace, more likely to break one of their legs even when they are berserk and sometimes might not fall down even at the typical 80% pain threshold. Also the mace seems to have a pretty low chance of outright destroying body parts.
Non-bionic unarmed looks to be somewhat better with frail people but seems like there is a slightly higher chance of hitting 100% pain over a mace.

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass. I'd get rid of him outright if he wasn't the best with a gun in the entire colony.

I'd recommend fluffy breakdowns, because having things constantly needing repair makes a lot more sense than things just breaking randomly for no reason (even if they're not being used or even if they're NOT POWERED). I also use rt fuses because wires randomly exploding in the walls is a pain in the fucking ass, and playing without using batteries is basically impossible.

Really, I detest random failures that you can do nothing about. Makes sense for the early-game, but something catastrophic that happens randomly, and you can never do anything about it, is just artificial difficulty.

I just modified the wire framework to never explode, because what the fuck kind of retardation is that. It’s 5500 AD, do they expect us not to know that shielded wiring exists?

Before it was easy to just have a battery backup when a short happens but with power slowly draining from sitting batteries now have to use two banks, alternating between them every few days at least.

It makes more sense for a battery itself to explode than some random wiring.

I want a relationship mod where I can play as space Mormons and assign wives as I see fit.

Considering they seem to be making the power lines out of bare steel scraped from rocks, it's a wonder it doesn't malfunction more often. That said, it would make sense if there were a modified wire you could make later on that doesn't fail.

Got a mod to help with this a bit. RT switches, which will automatically flick a switch if it detects a power failure. I have a small separate power network with a few batteries connected to some chemfuel generators, that I fire up every once in a while to keep the batteries close to topped off. If there's a power failure due to a short, the switch connecting them automatically trips, allowing those spare batteries to power the network long enough to get through the night. It spares me having to send a pawn running all the way the fuck over there to flick the switch, which could be catastrophic if it's during the middle of a raid or some shit.

AFAIK if you uninstall batteries so they're put in a crate in a stockpile, they hold their charge forever. Of course, you have to get a pawn to reinstall them in order for the network to go back online, which takes time.

Does anybody else get this problem with long games?

It happened once or twice but I don't remember what I did to fix it. Probably just revert to previous save.

no, played colonies past 10 years, never saw this before, but I don't use mods. I do however play on largest map size

I've only had that happen with the world map, and reloading the save usually fixed it, if only temporarily.

it looks like the graphic card is out juice, if it happens after a long period of play on an older machine, try rebooting. ~It vaguely reminds me of an error I had on other games when I was still poor.

I meant I've seen this shit happen in other games not that it matters to much, but I haven't seen it happen in rimworld. Of course I'm not running a toaster.

I had that happen to me when trying to give "the forgotten" tiberium infusen in the Tiberium rim/factions mods

It isn't a graphics card, since it works when I load a previous save, it just happens randomely then I have to load an earlier save. It's just annoying to lose progress randomly but it seems other people have this problem as well, so hopefully it gets fixed. The weirdest thing is that when I pause the game then the grey screen goes away but when I start it, then it comes back and it applies to the world map too. I don't know what it is but if it doesn't stop then at least I can still play the game since the screen works while paused. My guess would be something where it assumes that it is clicked out of the screen, since when you click out of the game then the screen goes black, but if I find a fix I will post it here.

I've been having this (rarely) for some two years so I wouldn't hold my breath for a fix
I run in windowed so it doesn't do that for me, maybe try switching to windowed when you get it next time

I am in windowed mode. I was talking about clicking into a different application.

How active is this thread?

depends on how new it is, otherwise not very is your answer

These apes can really take a beating.

What are you going to do with his nose?

One of my colonist lost their nose.

ok than it is your mods (imho)

That's probably what's causing it. I started a new game after fiddling with the mods a bit and it didn't happen yet.

With all the noise these things make, I almost regret making three of them.

Is your colony full of cultist? Did you make a chimera yet?

Yes, and, while I was slapping rabbit ears and muffalo muscles on everything I could, I could find no way to create any sort of horrible homunculus. I did find that I could make formless boomalopes full of acid though.

And now I've done a horrible thing.

What's a good way to secure a good food supply? Since all my colonies end in either the game breaking or my colonists starve to death.

farming on 30/60 or greater growing season.
supplemented by animals you need to kill to make clothes anyways or just anything that gets close to camp. except unicorns.. also don't be afraid to spend money, the first couple years I usually buy what I can from traders.

the only reason i don't play this game is because it doesn't have Z levels

that's why you don't play chess too am'rite?

For a single colonist to eat around 3 simple meals made from potatoes grown within a 30 day period over a whole 60 day year, about 22 plants are required and you can easily have a surplus with that many over a whole growing season. You can then cut that in half and supplement with animal meat to have yearround fine meals.

Sorry, it should be around 45 plants for simple meals.

after doing

ultimately you want hydroponics. as soon as you have enough stable power and tech you can grow so much rice in a hydroponic room that you will fuck off once in a while to cotton/smoke/healplant because your stockpile is full and you can't hold any more rice on your base.

Oh right, and then to save against constant labor, cut those numbers into thirds (7/15) to grow over that 30 day period. That's better then for making fine meals reliably.

Start in Arid Shrublands. Pick wild agave.
Agave in rich soil is the most efficient food crop in the game.
The obvious downside is that you can't plant it manually. That means it won't usually end up in rich soil and won't reach the full efficiency potential, you can't control how much of it you get, and you have to tell the colonists to harvest manually.
Still, my current colony of five people is making a surplus solely from the ~60 agave plants that happened to be within my outer wall. Then there's that many again close by that I could be harvesting, plus add in elephant hunting and food supply is easy even for a large colony.

Raiders

If you're using the megafauna mod, right now arthropleura lay 3 eggs on average, fully mature in 12 days after hatching and produce around 190 meat when butchered. They also make good pack animals and bullet sponges due to their large bodies and innate damage resistance.
The downside is that its insect meat and the egg lay process and hatching can take awhile to get off the ground if you're only starting with a pair. Making fine meals at least should offset the mood debuff somewhat.

Also consider using nutrient paste if you're really struggling and at least get some electricity but colonists can tell if you use human or insect meat in the paste, making the mood debuff far worse.

I'm having a lot of fun with megafauna, right now trying to raise an titanis army for defense and assaulting places but the project ran into a problem. I forgot to zone out my yayo stash, half of them are addicted to psychite and suffering occasional violent break without the drug.

At least they run really fast while high, mauling the retreating retards who tried digging into my base.

brb starving to death lmao

Only way is to devour the weak now.

So I downloaded this game and gonna play it for the first time, how much in terms of autism I have to learn to not die like a bitch?

Not much really.
You just gotta figure out how to do a decent freezer room to stockpile food, how to setup a perimeter against invasions and how to work priorities for your pawns.
Everything else comes along afterwards but don't expect to have things go smoothly the first times you play.

I like to play elona as well so having a bad start isn't a deterrent

any mods to make going berserk a little more reasonable?
surviving on an ice sheet is impossible without cannibalism, and everyone seems to hate it
i get raided, 1 of my 3 collonists goes berserk while i'm preparing my defense
i'm just about to harvest rice near a geyser and someone goes berserk and kills half the people
even in the best conditions they just casually go and set fire to the entire base when they're the only ones who can firefight

You need more Psychopaths in your life, user.

You need less Pyromaniacs in your life, user.

For these reasons, you might want to look up the More Traits mod so you can have more shit than just "lol, fire", but more importantly the "We are all mad here!" mod.
It's a nifty little thing that will eventually make everyone in your colony a Psychopath unless they have some conflicting trait like Kind or similar. The rate at which they turn depends on their mood and other factors so in your case, they'll likely flip the second they eat long pork again, making life in the cold much easier.

You might also try your luck with Tribal Essentials or Medieval Times for a better early game, though I dunno how much it will actually help.
Medieval Times has some content specifically for cold biomes actually, and you may even end up building igloos with ice and snow.

I forgot, but there's also a mod that was made by some jap regarding butchering human corpses. "Butcher reduction" or similar. What it does is that the mood penalty for chopping people up is only applied to those inside the same room as the butcher (and the butcher, obviously) so you could have a "back room" where your only psychopath or unlucky pawn goes do his thing.

It's not so much a bad start as in a "this won't go anywhere anymore" situations, at which point you'll likely have to start over again (which fortunnaly isn't as terrible as Elona). There's a good amount of stuff that you'll learn with practice and next time you play, it won't screw you as hard, however the first time it does, it will likely break your game.

For instance, I mentioned the freezer room (just a big room with a freezer on the wall to regulate the temperature down to -20ºC) because of stockpiling food for winter, obviously. However one thing that can happen during summer is a heat wave that will see everyone overheating a lot. A cool room for people to hang out even if just for some minutes will help mitigate this entirely, if being quite wastefull however.

Same thing with injuries, where a single scrap will seem like no big deal, but if it gets infected, you'll get to spend several hours watching your pawn die, unable to do anything about it because you haven't setup a proper hospital and you don't have actual medicine yet either, while simply suturing the wound ASAP with good job priorities would be much more trivial.

Once you learn all these things, the game actually becomes a bit boring so you'll go full degenerate with modding to add a lot more crap to keep in mind and tweak some of that shit out.

Aight, haven't died yet, except for a few random pod crashes and one dumbass who tried to raid me and a berkerk guy that I mauled a little until he went down into nursery so yeah… need to gather more steel since I used most to make the panels with batteries and cooler

Beautiful.

Spoke too soon one of those weird bulbous animals died for some reason near my base and everything went up in flames

A now a thunderstorm that was interesting I must say

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VnLHxjYRPSBY_24kOhRq7snnR16QNVn9bLLmTzzxqNU/htmlview#

Hey how do you level up handling consistently, I have a smal pack of rats since I don't know other way

Train everything and also having wool or milk animals helps.

Well the lesson here is to not go over 3000 until I have a good base I guess

So I have the 18.1722 version, what mods are good to go with it? Tried checking nexus but most are outdated, looking mostly for guns because why not

Project armory is pretty good if you are looking for guns, also check the ludeon forums for mods since the majority of them will have download links in the description. But otherwise just use what said.

Whenever there's a very large fire, the game automatically triggers rain.
It's a safety measure Tynan included because fires were so demanding in terms of performance, so rain puts them out if they get too hot for your CPU.

I've downloaded project armory from nexus but guns have no models so I guess it was an old version, which site you recommend to get mods from?

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

Yeh I was looking at it already, thanks anyways

well that was a waste of time
my colonists are already pretty much safe, i wanted to expand

I wish there was a way to destroy some of the infected soil..

Having to deal with cold is a bitch but I think I'm starting to get the gist of it