When you think this one review/analysis or similar could be interesting to watch, and then…

When you think this one review/analysis or similar could be interesting to watch, and then…
Whatever that guy would have to say was not worth the praise for the original and a clear indication on how he would be measuring the other game.

Did I suddenly awake on the Twilight Zone where Life is tumblr is a masterpiece to 50% of the non-journos out there?

People really, really like it, yeah. Look up "life is dranks" or "life is tumblr" if you need to hear someone shitting on it

HAHAHAHAH!!!

That's another thing, I am pretty sure the game would be another Gone Homo obscure SJW game anyone barely knew if it wasn't published by SE which isn't even saying much other than the company being right there with Capcom on the neutered Japanese publishers list.

you got to be moron to not to appreciate what it was trying to do to Adventure games genre, it actually did things Telltale was afraid of doing after they stopped trying after Walking Dead Season 1

Such as? I have played it.

How did you not know this already?

Maybe I was expecting too much from the non-journos.

Nah, that sounds exactly like Telltale.

LiS isn't necessarily a terrible example of it's genre, if you overlook the gigantic plotholes, and insufferable hipster smugness of it all. It's still way better than every David Cage game and eight out of ten telltale games. The problem really is the standards of the genre are just that low.

Seemingly meaningless choices have consequences that last beyond the episode that comes next
There is no way to cleanly win with morality you have to do some fucked up hilarious things at times, if this was truly a the game it seems to be at first, this shit would have never passed the alpha, its also how the game hooks you in
You can accomplish the same things in various ways, if you fail you rewind time so you end up with what you want,
later the game takes this away from you in some very deliberate places but its justified in the story, this is the crux of the game
When characters die, story shifts massively, to accomodate that, it changes the choices you have and even whats related to other characters
You think Telltale is mature, thats peanuts, theres characters here who will succeed in making your life living hell and you cant do anything about it and you end up yourself in a way as the reason why everything is fucked
It also has some nice unique camera/diary mechanics,
proper quicktime, that is.. not during some action scene but to do some things in the environment as something happens and it gives you time to do it, this avoids introducing meaningless clunky mechanics
etc that goes too much into spoiler territory
(spoilers)it has stealth sections in it!

I think Ross was pretty on spot in his video, but he is not an analysis guy also you should watch game dungeon

so what do you watch faggots?
mandalore gaming: fun reviews of stuff others might not cover, actually did a video on aurora 4X
sseth tzeetach: the only channel that made me laugh in a long time
game sack: its basically your dad and your uncle making videos, slightly out of touch but I find them pretty endering
indigo gaming: a bit hit and miss, but I like him overall, actually covered a couple of games I have never head about in his "not forgotten" videos, also did a great interview with Julian Jensen
caspo o saurus: I liked his video on Ogre Battle, should check more of the channel later anyone defeding Dragon Quarter is my blood brother
Chronicles, pretty long documentary videos on game franchises, Its the only channel Ive seen covering the Sakura Wars games in detal
razorfist: stay away if you cant stand opinionated metalheads
grimbeard: nice videos on horror games
daniel ibbertson: his complete history videos are pretty comfy
hyperbithero: he is big enough that he doesn't need any introduction

Only ross is worth watching

You are discarded

So firstly, you talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded. Secondly, the stealth section, singular, you are referring to is a seven-minute minigame at the end of the final episode; it is so poorly programmed the player can encounter unwinnable states and where the enemies are so unchallenging they can be manipulated at the press of a button via time travel powers.

Kill yourself. Life is Strange does not contain any fail states, which means it is not a video game, and thus beneath the attention of anyone who cares about video games. Go play, fuck, I don't know, Fable (1999) and tell me this garbage "did something" for adventure games.

I know that channel and that's not a patch on the "Dark Souls saved my life" video.

The last time we had a thread like this there was one user who had a couple of autistic charts and had made a video about N+ or something. If you're reading this, how are you doing? I don't recall any new videos from you.

B-Mask, Boston On, CeeMarshal (RIP). There are a couple channels that only upload infrequently, like Chris Roberts, whom I'm subscribed to because I like hearing what normalfags think of. Found ShayMay a little while he made a 7-hour video about Pokemon Omega Ruby, which was interesting from my perspective of someone who only ever played Pokemon Black, Black 2, and the first fifth of Y. It's probably too meticulous and he goes into too much detail, but the charming Scottish brogue made the video much more watchable.

There are also the assorted one-off videos, like Thief vs AAA Gaming (embed related), which was uploaded years ago and never found much of an audience despite its quality.

Sorry, Chris Davis.

By what metric? I remember when people started posting it on Holla Forums and it had less than a thousand views, and now people have posted it around so fucking much that it has over 800k. That's about as much as Matthewmatosis' Dark Souls 2 Critique, for reference, and we know how often that got posted.

You're just asking for someone to say "most adventure games don't have fail states"

Huh. The last time I looked at it it had far less, and I don't remember anyone posting it on 8/v/, although that's probably because I'm an exodusfag. My mistake.

I guess I was under the impression the creator didn't think he was reaching much of an audience, so he didn't make any more videos. Then again, maybe he just died. My fault for ascribing intent to a nameless internet account.

I guess it depends how you'd split the hair. I think a game killing your character and asking you to reload a save is fundamentally different from Life is Tumblr fading to black-and-white and telling you to push the rewind button, since the latter doesn't undo any progress you made in the world.

No big deal, it's not like the uploader is getting hella money from the video or anything like that, so it's irrelevant how frequently it gets posted.

I just don't think it's a hair you want to split at all. You can't die in Riven, you can't die in Sam & Max, you can't die in Machinarium, but none of those titles are in danger of being declassified as a game over that fact. There are plenty of reasons to dislike LiS without judging it by a metric which plenty of good games would fail.

I actually had an acquaintance sperg out and unfriend me over this game. Or rather, the argument started when I told him I had no interest in playing Payday 2 with him after they gave it away for free, and went into him unironically using steam user reviews as a measure of quality which is when I pointed to this game's reviews. After which he stopped in a huff to play fucking Andromeda of all games which I bullied him over, which is when he removed me.
Best part is, I looked through his account page after and found out this game is one of his favorites and I shat on it completely without realizing how he felt about it.

Whens the next video coming faget I know its you

I remember a review of that called "2girls no town" or something like that and it was okay, can't find it anymore though

That's like saying a meaty turd served on a plate with a spattering of garnish is better than cold diarrhea served in a thermos.

Either way, they still expect you to eat shit.

Adventure games do have a fail-state though. It's the moment that you give up, check gamefaqs, or reach for a hintbook.

Also, they do skirt the edge of not being games - because Adventure games that you've already beaten and know the solution to the puzzles is just following a narrative that you have to pull the levers and twist the dials to keep going.

Here's the thing about communities of noncritical yes-men that eat you alive for calling a game's flaws, members of said community have to start any criticism with "I BOUGHT IT, I LOVED IT, I PLAYED MANY HOURS B-B-BUT…" instead of getting to the point and being truthful. They're afraid of being called nasty insensitive trolls and having their opinions invalidated and often deleted from forums with narcissistic rulefag moderation where you can't give honest feedback without treading on eggshells.

fucking this. every single person feels the need to quantify "I'm not trying to be mean here, but…" before ripping into a game's faults. personally i blame everybody being able to call everything even remotely negative "bullying" or "hate speech". i was trying to find a reaction image i had of a forum post saying "positive feedback only" and couldn't find it so here

So are you just retarded? Or what's the deal with this post?