Xenoblade thread - born in a world of waifus edition

Discuss xenoblade chronicles/X/2, xenogears and xenosaga also allowed.

Pouch item favorites:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wxzG9dGB5ivHdc_Pq_G7T5hDXLvysh8NcZBeNeaULKk/edit#gid=0

Side quests, owner deeds unique monsters, pretty much all the info about everything in the game:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HKkPoCbW0oO1JzV-hx21ueZMIjmWdboVh3vgSrlEwj4/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/edit#gid=2006989440

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NintendoAUNZ/status/958550443415744512
archive.is/1yWnk
oneangrygamer.net/2018/01/xenoblade-chronicles-2-ships-1-06-million-units-proving-sexy-females-still-sell/50484/
xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Unique_Monster_(XC2)
hypnohub.net/pool/show/103
media.8ch.net/file_store/c5f87bca63f40686ea3368c1fa79b5b732db3d3da1fa322cb7554fb88e09618c.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do I need a guide to 100% the game? Can I do it on my own with no prior knowledge of 2 and taking care as I play through it?

New Game plus is coming!

Xenoblade 1 would be an insane pain in the ass to 100% without a guide, but I find 2 much more comfy and straightforward in that regard. The game gives you the info you need. Not to mention the side quests are much more fleshed out and less grind-heavy.

Some time next month, right?

Think it was early Feb.

In the cutscene at the beginning of 10, was Klaus using Zohar?

The game will give you good directions for 99% of its content, without handholding, it's pretty good.
Except for 3 "secret" quests. That is, quests that aren't tracked on your quest menu, and therefore don't give you any derections for it's next steps. You might be able to complete them, but I personally hat to resort to guides to finish two, and only comopleted obe out of luck, stunbling on all it's steps. Those are the Nopon Doubloon, 12 brothersisterpons and Falala's quests.
As if you didn't had enough reasons to hate je-Nopons already.
Also, 10mb gif incoming

I guess it's like a legally safe or something?
Functionally the same, but a different thing as to not anger Bandai/SE.
Maybe.

*a legally safe knock-off

Thats not a dance, thats a seizure.

Makes me wonder who owns the right completely for it, Monolith or Bandai. I'd hate to have a potential link killed off due to another Geno incident.

Well, Pyra's core crystal is zohar-shaped.

As were the lifeholds in X.

I've just unlocked the 5th party member and I have no idea how to use him. It doesn't help that I've only got common core crystals to roll on him. How best to build him? Speaking of, is it ever recommended to build a character in a different class than their main blade?

i finished the game, where is the architect other half and the other aegis core? i only played xenosaga 1,2&3 and this one.

i use him to launch shit up in the air and made him atk, atk and tank.

His main blade is the shit, and he's the easiest character to build full driver combos with. He's best as an attacker, but the rare blade system kind of forces the fact you're going to build characters depending on who you roll. Only use overdrives if a blade is absolutely fucking wasted on a character like adenine on mòrag because they're rare as shit.

Play xenoblade 1, it's the one xeno game I skipped until recently and I can attest I absolutely shouldn't have. It's the first xeno game to lose the bloated, exposition heavy storytelling and be just straight up great. You play it for the main story though, the side content is mostly busywork unlike XC2

Mid Feb

For fellow anons who also finished X2 and played X1 (I didn't)
Is the monado the third core that was stolen? Or could that be a tie to another story. We could be facing a trilogy here!

I'll dispute that. All his arts animations take forever. Tora or "fourth" driver are better than him, imo

It kinda is, yes.
So basically it's all tied up and resolved in a way.

I'm not talking in absolute meta terms here, just that he has the easiest range of driver combo steps at his disposal.
And as stated previously, play xenoblade 1 you fuck. You're missing out.

Oh then yes, he has that advantage to him. He's also my favorite to play as.
Also, don't have a WiiU, and have only a craptop, never even tried emulating it but, I'm predicting that 1~2 years from now we'll have a remake on the switch.

Dolphin can emulate Xenoblade 1. CEMU can emulate Xenoblade X. The switch is currently the only means of playing Xenoblade 2.
However, no amount of emulation will give the world the fiora robotization doujin the world needs

Requesting the artbook and ost

but all the side quests of XC2 were pure fedex jobs with fights inbetween

take off the rose tinted glasses, those games had waifus too, next your going to argue how the 80s era of anime wasnt ranchy as fuck.

You genuinely thought XC2 quests were busywork? You poor fucking bastard.

In the other games. More importantly where is HER ego.

What are some good places to grind for levels? I'm level 22/23 and I'm at the malos boss fight in chapter 3. Also wtf is with the volume of the music so fucking loud during cutscenes while the VOs are so low? Is there anyway to change that at all?

Do side quests. Better XP/time benefit than grinding enemies

And check volume options you fucking nigger.
Have a nice day

how bad are they in XC1?

I've justed closed my game after a few rounds of TigerTiger grind. I've mostly neglected it until endgame, and I can't even get 20k points yet

i went full autismo when popi needed a fucking 50k for a skill unlock, didnt even knew that there was a no kill trophy, grinding ether is a fucking pain, its more insulting when you need to upgrade poppi 3 fucking times. So far i only got 2 rare mod cpus for shit i dont use.
And that score was for the first level, i dont know if the others are doable for all the trophies and i dont want to know.

I wish we could remove Morag's hat in game.

Anyway to change mc's retarded outfit?

Wulfric best boy

thanks for reminding me there is no swimsuit option.

NAH!

I thought that too, but the hair is too short and it appears to have a beard.

Who is best girl?

Considering the Zohar was in Xenogears which is unquestionably Square Enix's property, the fact that it has now officially been in all three Xeno- series (although the English version called it the conduit, I dunno if it's a proper noun, dunno what they say in the Jap version) (also maybe X really isn't related, but I don't know what they'll do in XII) and the fact that Bandai seems cool with letting them use Kos-Mos they probably wouldn't mind them using some boring MONOLITH in a MONOLITH Soft game.

i think that black thingy is her collar.

Why do Xenoblade games cuck best girl? I know Xenoblade X didn't do it but no girl was best girl in that game, so it counts.

What do you guys think is the best Xenoblade game or best "Xeno" game in general? I've only played all three xenoblades and even with how much I enjoyed 2, i still find 1 slightly superior for some reason. And X I honestly didn't enjoy as much as 1 or 2. Should I play Xenogears and try out the other ones as well?

Thanks I haven't started on the blade series yet and I've been thinking it's about time that I do. I like to suffer so for my first play through of 1 I'll go in naked with no external guides or help and see how much I can complete on my own.

Should go straight for the insane religious themes and play xenosaga.

kill 10 boars
collect 10 boar asses
collect 10 rocks

Multiply that by 100

Xenogears is great, even with rushed disc 2 it's a very unique JRPG from pretty much the golden age of JRPG's. Worth playing if you have the time (it's long) . Xenosaga has great characters but episode 2 is a chore to get through and expect a LOT of cut scenes between gameplay. Episode 3 on it's own is pretty good.

i dont remember Perun getting cucked

I heard some great things about Xenogears and its fuck ton of religious themes so i might try it out when I have time. Problem is the length, idk if I'll he able to finish it or be able to put in the time. But if i can do it with other jrpgs I probably can here

I'm kinda iffy about Xenosaga though, i heard its good but it can have its low points. Maybe after I play Xenogears

i liked xenosaga, the last game has the best mech combat, dont know why people bitched about 2, i only hated the whole art direction change.

I loved 2 dude. Even the art direction I enjoyed even though I hated it at first. Are people really giving 2 shit? I dont see why they would unless they're judging a book by its cover and havent played it yet

Art change aside, the battle system was probably the worst of the three. It makes every battle last way to long to get the most out of it, and this is from someone that completed the post game Dark Erde'Kiaser side quest.

Your right, i honestly enjoyed it when i was younger but i don't know how I would like the game now. It was my first jrpg so i have alot of bias toward it. I never played Xenosaga 1 or 3 so i honestly wouldnt know the difference between any of them. It will interesting to go back to 2 after all these years and see what i missed with 1 and 3

Alright, let's talk about XC1 sidequests. MMO-tier collect objectives that require you to go to different areas that are often unrelated to the area the quest giver is in. Dry and boring presentation. Millions of the fucking inane things. Most of them are gated behind a system that requires you to grind approval of a certain area, or talk to specific NPCs first. Some of them disappear if you advance the story a certain way. Which spoils that Alcamoth is going to get fucking nuked at some point. Weather-dependent monsters and drops factor in.
Be goddamn glad XC2 decided to go for a "each quest is fleshed out and gives the directions for its objectives clearly" model. XC1 is pretty much "all quests are brothersisterpon tier and fuck you, you're only doing this to grind your character affinity levels".

everytime someone mentions xenosaga, they always say, skip 2

i didnt have any problems with the battle system in 2 when i was a wee lad, i guess i should replay the trilogy someday.

that sounds awful

I also played episode 2 to finish. It's not broken or anything, but it is the weakest of the three episodes. Especially since story wise the only really important stuff is Albedo's back story.
Oh and yeah, XC1's side quests are not as good as 2. It doesn't come close to ruining the game though.

Mate, she's no Nia. She's probably the single least prominent party member, and every time someone mentions her it's to say she didn't get Shulk. Now imagine Shulk did go for the random bird girl instead of his sweetheart who went through the worst thing ever as far as their civilization is concerned, and yet grins and bears it so she can be useful to him. It would be outright cruelty.

I see. Again, i never really talked about Xenosaga 2 to anyone so honestly, i really dont know anyone's opinion on it. And again, i was maybe 12 or 13 when I played the game a long while ago so i barely remember it. I dont even remember if it was good or not, i just remember enjoying it even though I didn't beat it.

Threadly reminder

This thread was plenty reminded already.

I have a 30% off voucher for Xenoblade Chroinicals X since it's my birthday. Should I?

Depends. Do you want xenoblade 1 with a heavier focus on open world/sidequests, a hip hop soundtrack, annoying humor, a silent protagonist, and giant robots after 30 hours?

Xenoblade 2 was my first of the series, but the giant robot does sound pretty bitchin'.

The one that was censored to hell and back by SJWs?

The mechs are pretty alright especially since they can go fast and fly which opens up the world even further. But X is definitely not up to par with 2. Many sidequests are much closer to a MMO grind than in 2 and the levels don't come in as easily. Only two characters are really fleshed out, the rest might as well be mercs with some heart to hearts thrown in for effort.
Think of X as Monolithsoft's attempt at making a more western open world RPG.

The first hour or so of X felt like a game that should have been multiplayer from the start, and not have a seemingly afterthought multiplayer either.

Still too revealing.

Having played every game, Xenoblade 1 is the best for main story, Xenoblade 2 is the best for side content, but Xenogears deserves special mention. It's a mess due to development issues and xenoblade games benefit from experience, but it was a real gem back when it came out. Everyone should play it once in their lives.
As for xenosaga, I'm probably biased since I don't like space operas in the first place, but I think it's the textbook example of why a magnum opus can generally be trusted to be misguided.

How much DLC is planned outside of the Season pass?

Anyone know how well Xenoblade X runs on CEMU?

New game + is the only major thing. Maybe more quality of life stuff, like has been added in the last update regarding menus and map options

If you seriously got KOS-MOS right away I am going to find you where you live and beat you to death.

T-thanks, game

only if its used and if you like dank maymays and burkas or mod your wii U and pirate the uncensored version.

and new blades

ya lucky cunt

Forgot about that. It's heavily hinted that we will be able to recruit Torna's blades (it would be even better if we could bond with Torna's flesh eaters too, but that's probably asking too much)
I wonder if season pass will include even more, exclusive, blades. If season pass has a handfull of new decent quests and 5+ blades with their own quests attached, I might consider getting it. Of course, it's always better to wait for the full release, and never buy stuff ahead of time, no matter how much I like the base game.

How much DLC is planned outside of the Season pass?>>14245318
This is sound advice.

That's a lot of noise for very little issues

Pic related. Honestly I don't see it being worth the full price, but it's not too surprising. Nips have a habit of overpricing trivial DLC.

Depends on whats included in the new story content and blades. If they double or triple the rare blade count and add another 30 hours worth of story, might be worth the final price, else I'll pass if its like 3 blades and like 4 quests or some such nonsense. Still gonna wait on what the story stuff is going to be before i make a move.

I wouldn't expect even half of that. My guess is 5 new rares +torna blades and 10~15 hours divided between side quests and new story content at best.

If the torna blades get in, it seems it would be for the upcoming free patch, not the season pass.

The season pass info literally just says "one new rare blade lol" which is either very bold or very retarded of them.

29 is kinda overboard.

We need a backpackcuck Nia edit.

Christ. Treehouse got their claws into it, did they?

Why have original dialogue and slight religious overtones when you can have 10 year old memes?

>You will never have a foursome with Pyra, Mithra, and Nia. The dating kind. Not sex.
>You will never have Poppi wear a gothic lolita maid outfit serve you tea and cinnabons on a cold rainy day.

>You will never hug Herald

Xenoblade X and Fates were the cames that made everyone lay into them on the localazations to begin with.

I would totally rescue the worlds children with Perun. Perun needs to team with Gofrey,Perceval,and Wulfric to form a super hero team.

why is she shitting out her tail?

8-4 did

i was wondering the same thing
that is not where the tailbone is located

That's probably not a normal tail…

most useful field slave

this reminds me of the veterinarian's work. some great faps.

man between xeno2 and P5 there's a lot of cat-cucking going on these days

IM-FRIGGIN-PLYING

This poster isn't human, this is a skinwalker. This is like the kind of person that says Chrono Cross was good.

Xenogears is kind of a must play if you like JRPGs, despite it's late game flaws it's an excellent game. It's even better if you liked a lot of older mecha/super robot anime from the 80s, and catch all the references. Saga is very good but it's heavy on cutscenes and the 2nd game was a mess. You can actually skip 2 because 3 gives you a plot summary of the previous games, and I recommend you do so unless you have to satisfy your curiosity.

I suspected Torna blades but they all have unique weapons which would require a unique set of animations per character, only story blades have unique animations for the characters, even some ones don't like Aegaeon and for some reason Dromarch. If we do see them that would be nice effort though, perhaps we get them and they are locked to a specific driver.

user I…

i know utterly nothing about xenoanything
i know practically nothing about the plot of that game
i've seen very little about the characters
and yet, if offered the opportunity, i would marry her instantly.

Some kind of New Game + is coming next month.
twitter.com/NintendoAUNZ/status/958550443415744512
archive.is/1yWnk

Clever.

It's 9:04am and this is already probably the stupidest thing I'll read today.

NG+ seems to favor game mechanics over story, considering we will be able to send story blades to merc missions. They will probably be present on curscenes either way, ignoring the fact they are away at some mission. So why not allow torna blades into your group regardless of thwir status in story? Or maybe allow you to draw them after the "incident"?

Yeah yeah, releasing full game on day 1 is stupid thing. I know.

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

The fact that not every game has a NG+ and this came in a free update is no reason to complain. Instead of going for zero support or only paid dlc, they went for a middle route, which is nice

Tomorrow, even the gods will be punished

Just finished killing all the elite mobs last one was the 130 lvl reptilian jew and spent 265 hours into the game. While I enjoyed it, I just feel that a lot of potential is lost.

Story: bland shounen garbage. Every fucking time they are in trouble some asspull just happen to save them except for Vandam, God rest his soul. Best character gets killed. You have blades who were alive for 500+ years or so, only for a shitter boy to come and explain to them their purpose and the last shitty moment if only I met you before crap. Also, Malbeni did nothing wrong with wanting to end the world. I am just pissed because Xenogears really raised my expectations of stories.

Gameplay: leveling is too fucking fast and I wish they could make some exp-lock where you can keep killing monsters without fear of out-leveling the coming content. The rested bonus from the inns were a great thing, since in XC1 I completed every quest and got higher on lvls. I really, really liked the fighting too, mixing all the combos is fun except for one thing: party gauge attack shit. That thing is fucking OP. Also, most enemies don't do anything special. Most fights are tank-spank with nothing in between save for 1-2 aoe abilities that the enemies MIGHT use. Damage taken in the game is spiky, either you get one shot, 50% shot. Another thing is that Homura which the filthy gaijins call Pyra is too fucking OP. There is almost no reason to change her 3rd transformation hits all the elemental bursts, crits make arts instantly recastable, etc. I like the idea of the gameplay, but it felt bland by the end. I dinged 95-99 and went to do the highest lvl bosses and they were piss easy compared to XC1's.

Last point: blades. What a bunch of fucking shit. They did the same shit from XCX and that is, put a lot of garbage characters and give each of them shitty sidequests instead of focusing the cast on few and memorable characters that actually fucking matter. Aside from the main triple * blades, I couldn't give a fuck about the rest since they are shit archtypes like "edgy flaming samurai", "trap earth-type healer", "cute loli with her frost pedobear that like to sing". All of them are shit.

If I were to fix this mess, I'd reduce the cast and remove the idea of blades completely. I'd go with the way of XC1 with few characters, 1-8, focus on them, give each a unique weapon, role and abilities, remove party gauge attack (or make it not as OP). Overall, I am just disappointed since I have been hyped for it and didn't see anything else since the release trailer..

Finally fucking decimated all the superbosses, unlocked all but two rare blades and the rare blades I have are all Srank or higher but one. Switching from Tora to Morag was a godsend, fucking S rank Electra on her reaching 93% blockrate and then Brighid and her manlet brothers blade being nigh immortal with their evasion
Now all I need is KosMos and Vane so I can actually have a viable attacker in zeke instead of relying on Rex's crit heal spam

me ex gf used to always use one in bed

I'm puzzled as to how you reached this conclusion. Blades are literally just art sets and exploration incentives with quests attached. The characters are rex and gang.

Apparently the game sold a million copies. I think that's a pretty good sign when compared to XCX, but we'll see.

I did not imply that. I said that I wanted to remove blades completely.
Except that they are not treated like that and thus is why the story is fucking shit. Tons of shit and quests that try and make me care for a shitty blade that only got 1 trait as a character. Instead of quests that explore the motivation and developes characters, we get generic shounen garbage tropes on each blade.

pretty much, all the blade quests feel like a cheap anime you'd watch one time and find its 90% filler

RNG still being a bitch anons?

After learning how to mitigate it,not so much.
Saw a video of some dude who got all blades by chapter 7, didn't even had 999 Luck in any character, just by abusing the ability to draw and keep all common blades of a certain element, then using rare cores to draw rares from that element.

Should I play xenogears before xenosaga? I got it cheap at this game shop. I downloaded xenogears and was going to play it but never got around to it.

Yes they are.
Your complaint sounds hollow and inane, and your "solution" even more so. Removing blades from xenoblade 2 means there's no literally no game. And again, you refuse to acknowledge the characters you're supposed to care about are the drivers. How can I take you seriously when you're creating a complaint by deliberately misrepresenting the game's core design ?

See, that's what I'm talking about. There's nothing wrong with xenogears' gameplay even to this day. Tune up the gear combat to be less battles of attrition and you're golden. None of the problems with xenogears are tied to the combat, and replacing it with XC1's cooldown fest would be in no way an improvement. You're talking out of your ass.

Xenogears is better than any xenosaga or xenoblade game. So yeah just by virtue of it actually being good, you should.

Xenogears is good because they ripped off better anime from Yasuhiro Imagawa shows to Evangelion and was made by Squaresoft, not because Monolith Soft is especially any good.

time to cuck some edgy flesheaters faggots

NO SKIPPING!

what?

I was ok with the whole shounen stuff, but the whole thing with the torna group and the praetorian was fucking retarded.
>nononono! lets go and kill THE ARCHITECT!

>im huge faggot, my mum died and i hate people
>climb the tree to see the architect
>steal shit like a nigger
>activate an aegis
>because im a huge edgy faggot the aegis is influenced by my edginess
>almost destroys the world because of it
>everybody knows its my fucking fault
>years pass and now im something like the pope
>i guess all these years have teach me not to be a fucking edgy faggot
>NOPE IM GOING TO FUCK SHIT UP!
NAH!

Was your ex a closet furry?

Can someone give me the breakdown on the story and how it fits in with the others?

probably, she liked being in a collar and treated like a pet

pc port soon, fellow user.

Just wait for a price drop or an emulator. The system should be worth owning come holiday season.

It's been worth owning for a while, hence the continued existence of this threads.

Well yeah, but for some people who don't like to travel. It needs more exclusive games.

It loosely ties to Xenoblade 1. But only in a cameo way. The story is 99% standalone original material.
Xenoblade X is the real spinoff of the series.
There is also something left open, that I think might hint at a xenoblade 3, or it might be another tie to 1 that wasn't entirely clear to me.
It's the first stolen Aegis, before Malos. It could be the Monado itself, but it's not explained at all, so it might be another blade that didn't show up in the series yet

It explains why Zanza longed for friendship

And explains why Klaus is a faggot and ruined the universe for everyone in further detail

Good news everybody Xenoblade 2 sold more than 1 million units helping to secure the future of the series.

Aegaeon unique to Train Conductor san and Dromarch unique to Nia have generic weapons, both the Chroma Katana and the Ring fists respectively, a stark contrast for the rest of the unique blades who have non generic weapons and animations, shit like Pyra/Mythra having the broad sword, Pandoria having the giant sword, Brighid having the double swords, Roc having the double axes, Nia having the long sword, and Poppi's having the drill, the dual rocket launchers and the long sword. Mikhail's blade has rocket launchers like Poppi Alpha, Patroka's blade has multiple weapons, I don't get it either, Obrona has dual swords, and HR Giger has a long sword, I think, I don't rember.

I really just doubt we will see them thanks to the work load involved, either that or these blades will be unique to specific characters, well I guess there are 4 Torna blades 1 for each compatible driver.

I fucking wish.

The first Aegis CPU is Alvis.

I don't understand why you people think Alvis was the third Aegis, other than his connection to the monado. He specifically states that he is the administrative computer for the space station, meaning that he is probably just an AI personality for the facility's supercomputer
also, if Alvis is the third aegis, why the hell is Pyra/Mythra the only Aegis without a monado?

HA

Because the aegis core crystals are the cpus for the facilities supercomputer, and doesn't Klaus say that that CPU core was with his other half? I think that Pyra's sword is a Monado, but like Meyneths and Luxxar's Monado it lacks the symbol selector. Who really knows why those three swords lack a symbol selector, Luxxar's one was inherited, Meyneth never had the drive to seize her own destiny, Pyra didn't either.

At first i thought that Alvis was the 3rd Aegis but i rewatched the XBC scenes and Alvis says that he was the computer AI of the station so that theory is dead. Maybe they could do some fun fuckshit and make it so the 3rd Aegis made/is God of Mira from XBX so they could all be connected. Or perhaps someone else can think of a better way to connect them to X.

I don't remember Klaus saying the cores were part of the the supercomputer but I guess I'll go back and rewatch those cutscenes to see if I missed something. Also, Alvis acts much more like an admin for his universe than the other aegis cores, which just sort of cemented him as just a fancy AI god as opposed to an aegis in my mind

>aegis core crystals are the cpus for the facilities supercomputer
i dont remember that

All Core Crystals are CPUs, the Driver name is more like a software driver determining hardware functionality on the current system but also limited to the hardwares capabilities, this kind of wraps around to the core themes of the game which seem to be about what makes people people which is what Klaus himself was trying to solve, although not entirely directly this can be seen all game through blades, especially those who have had previous lives featured in the game. Perceval is built to be an assassin but a kind driver makes him a blade of justice, and a horrible driver he is a ruthless assassin.

I think that's what the game is getting at least, it certainly makes sense with it's very slice of life approach and large cast of characters.

The Other Aegis cores don't realize what they are, but did you not notice that Klaus handed over administration of the complex to Pneuma at the end?

Tried playing the first game the other day. 10 hours in and while the game world looks lovely, the combat is MMORPG tier and every single side quest (of fucking dozens) seems to just be fetch x of y.

Not sure I can continue.

I also don't think Alvis would be an Aegis. But won't discard that theory entirely, because when XB1 was written I'm sure they didn't plan a master-arch for XB2 ahead of time, so they might default to that explanation in the future to retcon-connect those games even more.
I'd rather like to see what bootylicious incarnation of the Monado would look like.
Or maybe leave the monado be in it's own dimension, assuming it isn't the third stolen core. Maybe that was the devs way of separating those two game's mechanics without having to obsess over a million connections between the two. Simply becaus I want to see another game in this setting of blade-waifus.

i still not see it. I guess im that kind of guy that needs to READ in the game that the cores are actually advance cpus

What if Addam was an aegis?

No they absolutely are, Ontos, Logos and Pneuma are the cores of the trinity processor, I'm guessing because both the aegis cores and the core crystals are affected similarly by the cloud sea and resonating with a driver builds them a body that core crystals are also processors.

Think there might be a possibility of Fiora or other XC1 characters being added as blades for DLC?
Elma is fine too.

How about someone from Xenogears instead?

Only if Square is as willing to play ball as Namco was. Square still has all the rights to Gears. The Gears team would eventually go on to form Monolith but at that time, they were just a part of Square.

I hope so.
I'd prefer if they just dump all the X lore and pretend it never existed.

The combat is all about reactions and knowing what to do next. It's just an ATB system. As for the side quests, don't do them if you don't want to, they're hardly essential.

You need to leave, preferably your fucking mortal shell.

Emeralda maybe. Pretty bloody unlikely though as pointed out. Fiora would be the best choice for a second cameo.

Don't bother with sidequests, you're here for the main story.

Trips might be on to something.
There must be a reason he doesn't show his face.
I've theorised that he might be related to Rex by blood since we only know that his father's body was found washed ashore, but I assume no one could really confirm the man was his father, so who knows but it could also be that he was a blade with a gem on his forehead like "lighspeed jim"

Well let's hope we get xenoblade 3

oneangrygamer.net/2018/01/xenoblade-chronicles-2-ships-1-06-million-units-proving-sexy-females-still-sell/50484/

You forgot that it outsold Xenoblade Chronicles X.

The contrary would be alarming.

Not really because I thought it was obvious that Xenoblade X had never breached 1 million units

Bit of a logical leap there on the sexy part, at least I fucking hope it is, I liked Xenoblade 2 because it was good, not because muh waifus. I hope that Nintendo decide to uncensor X if they port it to Switch, and fix some of the naming stuff, Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator is clearly important to the story, yet they fucking changed it, the acronym was already in fucking english.

Censorblade X released on a dying console on the end of it's life cycle while the game was (((localized))).

Can't have those religious tones, even if they are slight.

Just sharing my plans for leveling Zenobia, along completing my other rares' "defeat unique monster X" affinity nodes
A rare blade that has the peculiar and infuriating trait of requiring you to defeat a plethora or unique monsters to unlock her affinity chart
I don't want to hunt some unique monsters for some of my other rares, just so that later I'd have to go back to a bunch of them again because of Zenobia. So I planned on leaving my rare blades' "defeate UM" nodes for last, and then doing them along Zenobia's, in one huge Unique Monster Rush Adventure
Well, that time is now. Plans have been made, and I decided to share it with you anons. So here are Zenobia's targets, in order that they have to be taken on (roughly) and which other rare blades to tag along for each.
1st row
2nd row
3rd row

Blades that don't share targets with Zenobia and their respective nemeses
Poppi QTpi

God Speed you crazy bastard.

god damn that sounds ridiculous enough that I might even steal the idea when I go for a NG+ 100% playtrhough

You did the right thing, user.

Not sure about the rights to Xenogears. Though I could see SE team up with Nintendo with another game for another cameo.

Might see Xenoblade Online. Not sure how that would fair with paid online coming in September.

Treehouse will never allow an uncensored XCX port. I'm sure if Treehouse had their way they would censor X more.

Just noticed two things
I forgot to check Mythra, and she does need to defeat Crimson Derrick (in Zenobia's 4th row)
Also, Dromarch doesn't appear in the "manage blades" section, wtf?!
Dromarch

Just sharing my plans for leveling Zenobia, along completing my other rares' "defeat unique monster X" affinity nodes
A rare blade that has the peculiar and infuriating trait of requiring you to defeat a plethora or unique monsters to unlock her affinity chart
I don't want to hunt some unique monsters for some of my other rares, just so that later I'd have to go back to a bunch of them again because of Zenobia. So I planned on leaving my rare blades' "defeate UM" nodes for last, and then doing them along Zenobia's, in one huge Unique Monster Rush Adventure
Well, that time is now. Plans have been made, and I decided to share it with you anons. So here are Zenobia's targets, in order that they have to be taken on (roughly) and which other rare blades to tag along for each.
1st row
2nd row
3rd row

not going to happen, if its already "translated" they are not going to invest more work in it

shitaku articles when?
what a pussy.

fuck no
i think some blades disappear when you make Nia a blade.

1st row
2nd row
3rd row

XBX>XB2>XB1

My post>Dogshit>Your post

It's XBX>XB1>XB2
2 is the worst shit.

Still slogging through Xenoblade 1 and the babysitting/grind is really starting to get to me now that i've reached mechonis. Everyone but shulk is useless without monado magic, and will get fucking wrecked if i don't grind out the enchantment spell before going into battle.
Kinda want to play this after i finish 1, but i really, really don't want to buy a switch just for this, and about one other game, especially with that fucking Paid online near the horizon. I guess since most of you seem to own the bitch already, there any games on the horizon work a damn, or is it all shit like the LABO and indie ports from here on out

If you find XB1 annoying and then play XBX you won't be able to play XB2 anyway.
They removed all QOL improvements X had over 1, while making basic shit even more tedious and frustrating.
Not only that but answer nothing and is its own thing.
Again.

just wait for the pc port or emulation.

The mech design in this game is so good, I want more mechs, I want more X.

Literally only one game is concerned by the paid online and that's splatoon 2. Mario kart 8 if you really want to stretch it. What's on the horizon ? Metroid prime 4, Shin Megami Tensei V, and you bet there's going to be major projects since it's selling gangbusters. You'd really have to force logic to say the switch isn't going to have games. Shit, even another xeno in two years is looking likely.

Quit your arguments user, gotta keep that >nogaems meme alive so that console waring chromosome hoarders have something to bitch about

Oh right, that was one of the games i was looking forward to, nearly forgot that existed.

That one is a bit sketchy. Gonna reserve judgement on it until after there's a playable game.

It's not a stretch to look at what happened during the wii, and extrapolate on that.

I'm still quite doubtful that the Switch will have good third party support, in spite of it's success Japanese developers already have the PS4 which they would more readily support thanks to historical success on that platform, the complete lack of competition from first parties and their own history with Nintendo.

There will never be a pc port dumbass.

While you're at it, you should add :

To be fair the last one sounds less engrish

more of a "sensible choice" than actual censorship really. pretty much the same with dark souls instead of dark ring because that means asshole in uk or something.

That's not censorship.

Done. Also done filling the affinity charts of all rare blades except Pyra, Gorg, Vess and Vale. You can guess why. I'll probably take a long break before coming back to farm components for their stupid crafts.
I also made a list of unique monsters that are NOT contemplated by any affinity chart or quest, from lower to highest level. These guys are there just to be defeated and farmed for whatever. Check the wiki for additional information if you plan to hunt them down
xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Unique_Monster_(XC2)

Remorseful Vaclav
Walker Trap
Nitpicking Beru
Anguished Solomon
Slasher Buffon
Deep-Green Oscar
Enlightened Morris
Blue-Eyed Corbin
Spring-Shower Elliot
Muscley Damian
Heroic Edwin
Venal Montgomery
Excavator Darius
Autumn-Shower Melvin
Spellbinder Billy
Perplexed Stoyan
Vile Howard
Howitzer Leon
Hard-Bitten Xavier
Dedicated Conroy
Incandescent Marcus
Mk. VI Margot
Mk. VI Gerolf
Insectivore Malcom
Soothsayer Gerald
Demon King Gilbert
Territorial Rotbart
Armored Brennan
Immovable Gonzalez
Grievous Clive
Leonine Sadie
Beast-Hunter William
Antecedent Xiaxia
Relentless Arduran
Unflinching Saxon
Gladiator Orion
Reeking Douglas
Pernicious Benf
Cloud Sea King Ken
Mk. VII Arek
Artifice Ophion
Chickenheart Dagmara
Tyrannotitan Kurodil

nerd

your autism is appreciated.

Yeah, I thought since I was gonna go through the work, might as well write it down for other people

Currently replaying the xenosaga trilogy, just started Also Sprach Zarathustra, and I can't get over how much of a horrible protagonist Shion is. They had three great characters based on transhumanism and psychological trauma, and they had to go for the arrogant bitch prone to mood swings and corporate talk. I dread to imagine those games coming out in the time of XCX where everyone was haywire looking for SJW shit. Xenosaga would have been more reviled than fucking skyrim.

Shion was tolerated because KOS-MOS was there. Thank god her Ep1 voice actress was back for Ep3. Well hold on to your butt user, the answers to KOS-MOS are coming and they are wonderfully bat shit crazy.

was shion really bad?
I only hated her part were she goes full retard for her dead boyfriend in 3, damn allen should have slapped her shit and give her the D in front of everyone.
NOPE

Are you seriously implying having that one bikini costume would supersede her entire character being litterally all about girl power, and whipping around the man who loves her like a dog? She is probably the most feminist character Japan has ever written.

Especially since the bikini could easily be censored in the modern climate.

Doesn't take much of anything to trigger SJWs.

I'm going to give you an opportunity to explain your retarded point.

i will give you that one.
she is just ovulating user-kun
nothing wrong with that
he has only himself to blame.
but you know, you are right, this whole game is full of feminists agendas, see webm related :^)

Well, yes.
Because in the real world the beta guy is characteristically beta, being discarded and disregarded by women, feminists or not. In feminism fiction the wominz wip around a beta who serves as a token for manhood, to hammer the point of "wominz are powerful and can dominate men". While in the real world she would have hated and discarded the beta, and raged at/longed for an assertive man

The wait for new game plus is killing me.

Don't tell me what I played. Not a dream game, though, robots aren't unique enough.

Name another open world game with both in-mech and on-foot real time combat featuring in-depth customization for both.

Don't forget the talk to person. Go talk to another person. Go back to first talk again, and repeat process about 10X.

Dude, the mech customization is kinda shit. I like them, but they are stock models. Can't even change weapons.

I wonder what this statement implies.

As far as I remember, they all had their designated weapon types, and upgrading them made no real difference in the combat aside from stats. They were much more limited than the on foot combat, when they should have been the most advanced. What happened to all those vehicle to robot transformation attacks we see in the cutscenes? All the vehicle mode does is move faster. I love tooling around in them, but fuck are they full of wasted potential.

You clearly played some other game or didn't play it at all.
There is shitton of different weapons and associated customization to the point where the same weapon can serve different purpose.
Vehicle to robot transformation is something that can be used in combat especially with designated mods where you take less damage/have more evasion in vehicle form, meaning it's good for emergency fleeing, or some tactical positioning that can save your ass from one shotting super bossess attacks.

It has metric fuckton of customization, actually more than on foot set up, since you can't fuck around your squamates' classes.
Only Ares series mechs can't be excessively customized, and even then you can mod some of their parts.

you are not playing the uncucked version?

I understand spoken jap, but can't be assed to learn runes.
So yeah I emulated undubbed (and uncensored) version.
You can laugh at me now, but at least I didn't buy into wiiu meme.

I forget why I didnt like them as much now, but i just have a nagging feeling of something being missing

Well if I to name flaws with the system, is that most of it, if not all of it is either counter-intuitive or flat out not fucking conveyed in any way so you need to go read wiki or some shit to understand how some mechanics work.
Like you would think that shoulder mounted minigun is something that would damage your enemies right? But no, it's for aggroing groups of mobs instead.
Or putting on armor plates with highest DEF would reduce damage from mobs? Well no motherfucker, since if mobs deal gravity damage and highest DEF armor is usually the heavies, you'll receive MORE damage instead of using light one.

Shit like that yeah, it can put people away.
But once you learn it, you just become death the destroyer of worlds.
Which in turn can put other people away, since you can easily reach a point where NOTHING is a threat to you, and you just run fly around one shotting flying level 87 fortresses.

by why does it say skell instead of doll?

All that skell shit is kinda redundant though, because the potential stat is so fucking broken. In the end, skells only serve as transport and the occasional skell-only fight. Everything else is just "max potential, kill it in seconds".

Because nobody is autistic enough to bother with retranslating the text.

You're saying that as if you can maximize anything with a push of a button.
Maximizing anything in XBX will take you hours of grinding gameplay.

what a bunch of lazy faggots.

x was trash, I don't know how you sloged through that garbage.

I assume you refuse to play Xenoblade 1 because it says Bionis instead of Kyoshin?

WHY

What was Zekeinator originally? I assume Zeke von Genbu was close?

Why were two of the heavenly kinds titans and two blades? Seems pretty random…

*Heavenly kings

Y'know my big problem with those four,since I know the mythology they come from, is why were they not ALL blades?

Kagutsuchi being a man is a pretty clear part of the mythology and yet she's a pretty lady with major sideboob in this game. Xeno has always played fast and loose with mythological references, it's just that XC2 is new to using shinto terms instead of western ones.

What in the fuck?

Fair enough. If Mary Magdelene can be a blue haired Android then Genbu can be a titan and Suzaku a mercenary bird.

The character isn't supposed to be a man, her Japanese namesake, Kagutsuchi, is. He's the god of fire, who immolated the shit out of his mom upon being born, and was immediately beheaded for his trouble. He became the volcanoes of Japan following this.
As you can see, this myth has little bearing of who Brighid is as a character. Same could be said about the character named after him in SMT Nocturne for that matter.

But that's neither a perfected Armored Core nor Battletech.

There is already a perfected Armored Core though.

This is the canon end.

Nia needs to be in her true form.

Which are?

X by far was worse for mmo teir side quests, but that has to do with the game bing designed as a pseudo mmo even more than ff12.

Thats a funny joke. If you want a better mmo with mechs go play pso2. And if you want a better mech game go play armored core. And if you want a better pseudo mmo go play ff11. A practitioner of many things that only does each thing alright is still only alright itself. if fromsoft made an open world game that used armored core mechs, it would easily be the best open world mech game.

I think you mean FF 12. 11 actually is an mmo.

It's not niaposting if it doesn't have the Queen's Best accent.

Yer daft.

YER DONE

Genbu wasn't even called Genbu in japanese.

They took something that was not originally named after one of the heavenly kings and named it after one of them whilst changing the characters' names that actually referenced them.

It's part of how they changed the titans being named after the seven deadly sins. Which is a pretty trite reference and I fail to see how a cold, snowy turtle fits lust, but it was one of the few cool names of european mythology xeno hadn't picked yet, so getting rid of it reduces the charm.
That does beg the question of what the hell was called genbu in Japanese, though. Or did they just bring up only three of the four symbols ? And not the four heavenly kings, those are bishamonten, zochoten, jokakuten and komokuten you dolt

Holy shit, grinding for kosmos and bunnytits is suffering. I'm struggling to even keep the common cores coming in

Boosting your luck really does help. For my 4th and 5th to last ones I went through a mountain of cores, for the last 3 I decided to actually use luck accessories and common blades and get them in rapid succession.

The buddhist idea of lust ties into the suffering caused by lust itself.

Torna is Wrath, still angry over the past, unable to forgive
Argentum is obviously our greatest ally
Uraya is obviously Envy, envious of Mor Ardain
Indoline is Sloth, they aren't doing anything to help the current, situation, those refugees have been there for how long? This could maybe also be because the church doesn't actually do anything.
Gormott is Gluttony, I'm not really sure, it's a land of plenty but then it could be Mor Ardain's sin of excess.
Tantal is Lust, Lust for the title and more importantly the suffering caused through this lust
Mor Ardain is obviously Pride, and that's not only because it's the last one left, this could be because of the way they show their military might, or because of their refusal to de-escalate the current conflict, or perhaps the belief that they are better than other kingdoms thus deserve more.

Every time the seven sins are brought up, some part of it is either unfitting of the sin or just winging it. Gormott's gluttony is, I would guess, supposed to be the war for resources being waged on it. That would make it mor ardain's gluttony but fuck it. More importantly, lust was always meant to be specifically lust of the flesh, it just infuriates me seeing it twisted into a all-purpose desire for shit because the english language just happens to allow idioms like "lust for knowledge". Cut it out, luxuria is sex, nothing else.

How can anyone tolerate the horrible voice acting? Why dose everyone have a obnoxious comically fake Scottish accent?

>Thinks (((Hollywood)))'s version of UK accents are realistic.
Wew laddie, shouldn't you be eating burgers and invading Afghanistan Iraq Syria Iran rather than being on a Japanese-UK videogames image board?

it's called dyslexia

wonder who is behind this post?

Why, user? Do you need us to validate that normalfags on youtube are stupid? We have our own autism to deal with, and at least it's entertaining, but youtube comenters are just sad

Your posting your fetish in the wrong sub user.

Someone who knows treehouse isn't behind XC2. Now it's clear you haven't played the game and are just interested in starting shit. If you really want your hot opinions validated, just start a LOL thread.

treehouse would never let a dick joke pass through
that "shut up" though, really kills me

user, I just started playing the game. Got to the part where Nia was captured and took a break. Every villain has the same fake Scottish voice as the The Conductor from A Hat in Time. Nia's English voice is garbage and Pyra sounds like shit. I was looking into if their was a way to switch over to the Japaneses when I found the Jewtube comment section full of Tumblrinas shilling for the trash VA's and posted hit here.

I amused incorrectly, its still garbage voice acting.

assumed*

Dude if you want to complain about voice acting quality go right ahead, but don't embarrass yourself with nonsense complaints like "fake accent" when that's the VA's natural accent.

user you are full of shit if you think that is "natrual". The accents are stilted as fuck. Sure Nia is not that bad but all the other voices are phony baloney expectantly the 3rd party villains all sounding like a half-rate parody of Ducktales.

I'll spoon feed you some cake you double nigger. Japanese VO track is free DLC from eShop. Clear some space on Switch amd download.

Look at this retard
Emphasys on don't embarrass yourself m8.
If a welsh VA speaks in a strong welsh accent, who are you to moderate how true or fake the accent is? Again, there is plenty to complain about the english dub, mostly about how some lines are delivered, but their accents fit their VA's. Just because you are used to listening american accents or hollywood fake british accents doesn't mean those are the only options

They have never spoken to actual people from the UK cause that's what they sound like.

What's the likely hood of Niatorare doujinsji for this game?

Considering that would just be Rex dicking Pyra, the probability approaches 1.
In the meantime, have a very silly porn short involving Melia.
hypnohub.net/pool/show/103

This is more sad then when you started ranting that the game was SJW trash because one of the blades was lesbian.

aside from that time, i always got a rare blade.

i was ok with the main cast voice acting, the secondary and ambient Male characters were also ok, but the female VA was from average to bad in most cases, you see that a lot with the rare blades.
I also didnt like that the british VA didnt show any emotion when they needed to yell and shit.

Seori=Theory

Good job UK Nintendo, you can't read Japanese. You sounded out a character's name.

They're shit voices for the character, but to say that the accents are fake is stupid. They're from the isles, mate.

Pyra/Mythra are the worst voiced characters in the game, bar none. At least Rex can emote sometimes, they range from uncomfortable monotone to resting bitch face. "Shut up" is the perfect example, but pretty much every time Mythra shows up to "act tough", they have her go so low that it sounds like she's sedated.

Looks like Poppi alpha hits all the right spots for /clang/.

Alpha by name, alpha by nature!

Pyra has hew moments, if very few and very far between. Mythra, while I like a good tsundere, I can completely agree with. Her voice doesn't match the mood and actions of the character at all.

QT is better for clang, Alpha is better for headpats.

XC2 was handled by Nintendos EU branch; not NoA. Why there's actually sexual stuff in there and far less censorship but you're gonna have to ask someone else about the memes since I haven't played it myself.

Alpha is best form. The others lose all the charm of a cute robot girl and are just girls that happen to be robots. "Let's make the robot girl become human! It's totally an amazing arc and not just emptying a character of all her appeal!" Is one of the shittiest memes in writing in general.

mythra i could understand she has some bad lines, but Pyra? the fuck is wrong with you nigger?
Pic related are the ones that i didnt like.

you know that Tora was going for the whole growing up arc thing right? from loli to almost christmas cake

Yeah, but it's complete bullshit. QT came from absorbing the prototype's characteristics and the cutscenes show he comes up with the clever third name well before he has any fucking idea of what the third model's going to be. I know the japanese names reference that arc clearly from the outset, but it makes no sense in regard of what actually happens. It's the writers getting ahead of themselves, not a naming system tora would have logically come up with.

Man, they both suck. Mythra at least gets the intent of being an ice queen/tsundere somewhat, but Pyra misses the whole Yamato Nadeshiko thing entirely. She's just speaking in a very normal, flat tone.

The voices wouldn't be AS bad, none of them, if they actually had the same energy and intonation as the japanese dub. When Poppi is doing that shit in the artificial blade factory, or doing that cool thing she does in Tantal, I bought it because she was putting life into her voice. Not just reading off the script. I've seen plenty of behind the scenes content for games, and the one that shows voice actors doing their craft the best is the Halo 2 Bonus DVD. You see the guy who voiced Prophet of Truth getting super into it, guys voicing generic Brutes making faces, faceless marines using little props to get themselves into the role.

I want to see how this game was made, and to see whether they even tried to voice the characters well.

I wonder if they even recorded dialog scenes as a group or individually. I suspect it makes a difference, in Legacy of Kain's behind the scenes videos the actors frequently talk to each other about their performances. Plus, they must have had some good directing. XC2 sounds like everything was recorded in a single take, no do overs

all this talk about the voice acting made me remember that some VAs for some STRANGE reason always add an S at the end of some of their dialogs
is it just me?

It's just yous.

what are you talking abouts?

Given how Nintendo has handled the last few Fire Emblems according to their own actors, I wouldn't be surprised if they never had a real director on any of this.

Look at the actors in the video you posted, and mine. When they are unsure, they have someone to bounce off of, or a director to teach them the context and significance of their dialogue.

Which ones in particular? I didn't play much with english voices, so I didn't see much.

>Know that mechonis core is coming and alcamoth is going to get its shit fucked up

you can not censor the truth. YOU CAN NOT SILENCE THE VOICES OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. people deserve to know that the corruption is real. TRUTH IS JUSTICE. mark and his biased and corrupt abusive moderatorship should step down and hand the board off to responsible people who do not abuse power and censor people. they are playing with the ability to ban people like a game for their own enjoyment.
save this before it's taken down. they don't want you to find out what is going on
media.8ch.net/file_store/c5f87bca63f40686ea3368c1fa79b5b732db3d3da1fa322cb7554fb88e09618c.png
http s :/ / me d ia . 8 c h .n e t/ fi le _ s to re / c5f8 7bc a63 f40 686 ea336 8c 1fa 79 b5b 73 2d b3d 3d a1fa3 22c b75 54 fb 88e0 9618c .png

Holy shit, you are autistic.

I swear fucking Poe's Law makes my head hurt. I don't know if these people are making an effort to be retarded or if it's some natural talent.

It's a pain in the ass to delete since it's TOR and i don't want to nuke dozens of non-spam posts, too.

What the fuck?

for example Paraxis when she says something about defense she goes like "defenseSS"

Yea that was off.

Forget about Pyra's butt and boobs. Her back makes me aroused.

and she is not the only one, other blades do the same thing, adding S at the end of the dialog for a strange reason.

Why are they so few and far between now? I just started chapter 10 and there was like 2 whole new quests.

You're supposed to be saving the world you lazy fuck

I love doing this in any game.

Mythra was too broken for me to want that situation that much. The crit healing, the arts recharge making her "goes fast" the character. It just made every other blade feel so sluggish in comparison.

No need to lie user, Pyra's absence makes the majority of subquests unfinishable.

Mythra near the end with Nia is retard OP.

Well, I doubt /clang/ would like her very much because of
>human face

Can't they just pretend it's a paint job?

No need to pretend, it is a paint job. You can clearly see the screws everywhere.

I FUCKING HATE LOCALISATION

Seriously, I thought these kinds of bullshit is dead ever since treehouse died.

Slowpoke.jpg