OY VEY GAYMES SHOULD NOT BE CHEAP

>(((AAA PUBLISHERS))) DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY
It's never enough for the greedy pigs. They'll keep peddling microtransactions out of greed, not need. The only reason they keep doing it is because it works.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ouEWl
alumni.media.mit.edu/~jorkin/gdc2006_orkin_jeff_fear.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The writer for Extra Creshits is James Portnow, he is an industry shill who has only participated in abortions of videogames and whose opinions should be discarded outright.
archive.is/ouEWl

fucking retards, it's called prioritizing

The Extra Credits guy worked on fucking Farmville! Holy shit, how does anyone take anything he says seriously?! Fucking FARMVILLE. And he's trying to portray himself as some enlightened video game critic! Taking paychecks from Zynga. You couldn't make this shit up.
This motherfucker has the audacity to talk about toxicity in gaming while working on skinnerbox whale-farming phone apps! Yeah sure douchebeard, it's people calling each other cunts in deathmatch that's ruining gaming, not companies like Zynga. I always knew this dude was pretentious as fuck, but this is just ridiculous. It's like a frycook at the mexican knock-off version of mcdonalds trying to lecture you on fine dining.

Reminder that EC made a video on "gameification" of the school system where they advocated communism of grades by capping the grades of high achievers until the class average had reached a certain point. EC's theory was that this would motivate the high achievers to tutor the retards, but they failed to realize two things:
1 - there's already a person in the school system that tutors struggling students: THE FUCKING TEACHER.
2 - stupid people love being ignorant, so smart kids would never have any reason to try to excel because no matter how hard they worked, there was a class full of retards that would always be there to bring the few smart kids down.

Just dont buy the games that do this.
Not all AAA companies are run by jews, look at CD Projeckt Red and Jap companies.
Everybody knows microtransactions are bad. You're preaching to the choir. That dude seems really fucking annoying too. I'd never watch any of his videos.

Because he says he's a game developer, and he has basic jargon that is easy enough for nondevs to understand and pass by.
Also don't forget he said we were going to run out of internet.

Aren't there dumbass "the world is run by lizard people" videos that look just like extracredits?

Wow, you've managed to explain why shekel citizen is a complete fraud in 3 lines
Also, holy fuck user those quints

This thread is fulled with dubs
You're right that they are one of the least credible sources for opinions. I remember reading that james just worked on shitty mobile games. Some of their views (like this video) are just so entertainingly bad.

Do you have a video or archive of them saying that? That sounds like the most retarded idea that I could only hear through extra credits. When I was in school, it would be full of school idiots that really didn't give a shit in the lowest classes. Once you get into the AP and honors classes, people actually work together because they actually care about their education future.

what's with the nasally voice?

soy

Pitch shifting (slight, he has a really fucking effeminate real voice, which I assume he tries to use the further shift to try and convince you it's just the voice changer)
Also
Probably since I think they're San Franada cancer.

I would imbed the video, but I'd hate to give EC any hits. Google "extra credits gameification in school" and the first several hits will include the video.

Hooktube it. Hell I'm pretty sure hooktube allows for downloads to boot.

The pitch shifter is something all Escapist video producers did so their videos sound more punchy or some dumb shit like that, I think Yahtzee started that meme.

Just use hooktube to download a webm.

To get a video on hooktube change the URL from jewtube.com/watch=?asdjfk to hooktube.com/watch=?asdfjk

This thing is a goldmine of bullshit

So if a lot of games are shooters, then it will be like TV in the 80's and 90's where everyone watched it all the time and talked about it all the time, and this is bad? Younger developers need to learn how to not make shooters so games can NOT be like TV in the 80's and 90's. I guess he doesn't want games to have a mass appeal lowest common denominator thing going on, and aim to appeal to a select few erudite elites like himself?

Oh no, wait. He wants games to be a universal mass medium… Like TV in the 80's and 90's. He also wants games to do things other than fun, such as romance and drama. Because those things aren't fun I guess? Why would you want games to not be fun regardless? Also love how he suggests games can only get good if devs goto diploma mills teaching video game design courses. Because games were so shit back in the 90s before all the game design courses were offered at unis, right goyim? :^)

Tell me again about how you made the world a better place one farmville micropayment at a time.

Holy shit I can picture this dude eating his own shit. He loves himself so much he's worried he might make people retreat from life because of his fucking farmville narrative opus. No mention of the crushing financial aspect of farmvilles laser-focused target lock on peoples wallets. But his purple prose about clicking on cows is so powerful it might shatter peoples minds, that's the real issue here!

The loss of brain cells when watched is the responsibility of the viewer.

Yahtzee's videos weren't pitch shifted, they were just edited to remove all breathing pauses.

nigger those are quints

no
let it die
let it all die

Here's the crazy Spirit "Science" channel that makes videos that look just like EC.

not too far off from what EC says

Never once does this fucking queer actually even make an attempt to weigh actually development costs vs profit through 60 dollar titles

This is about widening profile margins. Nothing less. Games could cost 30 dollars and AAA companies could still make up for development costs with as little as 500k copies sold

Great, you got the basic idea.
Hence stop buying EA, ActiBliz, WB etc. games if you can live without your overwatch.

I liked their series on Nobunaga Oda and Japan during the Sengoku period, but other than that, yeah most of it isn't that great and I don't listen to him at all for games, for obvious reasons. The ottoman empire one was the worst, blatant propaganda

Obviously. Thankfully a lot of these bigger devs and corps are losing massive amounts of money as a consequence of people not wanting their games now tho. Between the marketing campaigns and dev costs it serves them right being such shitheels.

How long did it take you to learn it to an acceptable degree?

It depends. If you are European than a year or two if you have nip friends that you can practice with regularly. If you have no nip friends than more like 3-4 years. If you aren't European than it'll be even longer and you will always struggle with it.

I don't think he makes the argument he thinks he made. What he's arguing to me is that due to the innate inefficiencies of triple-A studios, they should be permitted to die to make way for more efficient companies.

For the same reason that anyone takes Yahtzee, Jim Sterling, Bob Chipman, SuperBunnyhop, HyperBitHero, and all the rest seriously. They play games and are opinionated on the internet, and some of them have ties to the industry. Apparently, that's all it takes to have people consider your opinion more meaningful than mine, yours, or some other random dipshit's comment that can be found in some other obscure corner of the internet.

There hasn't been a single game ever after Crysis 1 that had actual good textures for it's time. It's all muddy trash that looks HD but actually isn't. A good look at every game's textures ever shows how disgustingly muddy it is, because the consoles need to run them at frame rates above 15.
We have reached the point where the only good textures in vidya are actually being made by NEET moders in their free time for shits and giggles.
Pic somewhat related

Lets say I believed that for a second, it just means you should probably focus on making a game fun instead of making a game pretty. This nigger also forgot to mention that video game developers like to cut corners by padding games with cheap QTEs.

Crysis has shit texutres for a lot of surfaces. The image comparison ia retarded and your exploration of its premise is weak. Work on your argument.

Didn't bother reading the thread.
Let's put it this way, the only reason prices are going up and shitty practices happen is infinite growth model where publisher demands for profits to always be higher than they were in the last report.
And it's a shit practice.

And EC is a shit channel, everyone knew that from the start.

I can't believe I used to listen to this bozo when they started out.
fucking tumblr hair everywhere

For it's time the game had excellent textures. And even if you disagree, my point still stands. Textures have been gradually getting worse and worse over the years. Less and less detail put into them, but somehow their size increase.

The thing that triggers me the most about this is they never touch on the actual economics of the "problem".
If your good is AAA games, a change in the supply of a substitute product, like games from smaller studios, is going to affect your bottom line.

About 3 years casually (as in not investing a lot of time). Learning a language works per hours not per years. But one driving factor is this: Anger. Keep thinking about all those fucked up translations and all these virgin games being defiled, and then think about how you will be able to play them while giving the middle finger to all those hacks who call themselves translators. It will be a tremendous journey, but once you finally learn the language, no one can stop you or feed you. Learning Russian so I can play with my vodka brothers.

Isn't that the same guy who made that one 'super enlightened' video about illuminati and pyramids and shit?

Oy vey! Who's this jewish sounding cuck?

Fuck me.

This is why, if you must buy, for G-O-T-Y, at least try.

But what if the game doesn't get a single award? Let alone be named GOTY.

This, I literally don't know what a season pass is.
I also always pirate games with dlcs since I would be paying to have the game without full content.

It's similar to the mega pixel conundrum, people need to realize that higher resolution past a certain point is diminishing returns at best and that there are other things to consider besides the pixel number.
Things like colour reproduction, exposure, focal length, composition, sensor quality and so on all come together to create a quality image.
In a similar case graphics is a term loosely thrown around where people equate bigger numbers with better graphics when it's simply not the case.
You need a consistent art direction that fits the theme of the world and atmosphere you are trying to create or it looks like a hot mess splashed together.
Graphic and Art Directors worth their salt come in handy here as they can create concept artwork to work out what belong and what does not. With clever use of lighting and texture work to make their game unique and something that compliments the atmosphere of the videogame.
What you see in shitty modern AAA vidya is a lack of people who are talented at creating substance, they may have basic know how but fail when it comes to knowing how to create something meaningful and settle for mediocrity instead of striving for improvement resulting in tidal wave of games which all look and play the same. Take a look at modern vidya screenshot and you'll see what I mean (it's so hard to tell them apart).
Now take a look at your classic master pieces and how they used what they had to their fullest potential that they could manage.
Take a look at FEAR and it's impressive AI that even got an mit paper written about it.
alumni.media.mit.edu/~jorkin/gdc2006_orkin_jeff_fear.pdf

GOTY is normally "here's the fucking game with all the goddamn expansion packs and horse armor you bastards". Who cares if it won an award? Who runs the award systems? Exactly.

Bullshit, quit fucking lying, and stop using LITERALLY when it doesn't apply.

The gayme community?!

Why didn't Fallout 4 any awards?
What did Todd do to piss off the (((gayme))) community?
Could Todd be /ourguy/?

I also remember how this guy was bitching about how hatred is bad but violence in gta is A-OK all the while contradicting his own reasoning as to why that is.

Get off your own dick, autist.