There will never be another tactical shooter as open and great as delta force 2

at least you can still play df2 which is still the pinnacle of the series

df2 was great fun

the graphics engine was crumby though

Delta force was the best. I remember 2 being the best for variety, and fun, but landwarrior was still pretty good. How were the games after 3?

I miss good DF games

lw looks like ass compared to 2
2 also had an insane mp community

bhd mp was also great

Remember Delta Force. Their map creator was fucking amazing. The sort of maps people came up with were downright fun.

I remember my Dad playing something of these, and thinking they were just random shovelware trash games that he usually bought, then I played them and had a blast. I love the Delta Force series.

Using an engine that didn't have any sort of capability of 3D acceleration was a ballsy move but the actual games are fun. If only Delta Force 2 ran better on the Pentium 2.

Pretty much the soundtrack of my childhood. Back when I enjoyed games instead of just distracting myself with them.

?

oh diversity, u so funny

you know, i never noticed that's a nigger on the cover but i think you're right

Black Hawk Down was linear but still fun, it was the precursor to CoD 4 . Xtreme and Xtreme 2 lacked the variety of customization.

Made by the same company. I loved it as well.

Welcome to Novalogic.

How? Every single god damned shooter at the time was linear. They don't even remotely resemble each other, Black Hawk Down threw you down in a pretty big map and told you where your objective was and told you "go get em tiger", COD holds your hand the entire time yelling at you to stay frosty and putting big obvious indicators on where you are supposed to go while also yelling at you about where you are supposed to go. The games couldn't be more different if they were entirely different genres.

Yes especially with Holla Forumsmod
3.0 never ever.

As much as I love the Delta Force series excluding DFX1 and 2 and Joint Ops, SERIOUSLY FUCK modding it or working with any of the tools. I would rather fucking work in Unity than try and untangle the spaghetti mess that is the internal logic for JO. Yet I still do it because I'm committed to work on Holla Forumsmod until it's complete.

ANGELS FALLS NEVER EVER!

Holla Forumsmod is basically Angel Falls to be quite honest

I'm not saying it inspired CoD 4 because it was linear, but because it was set in the african-mideast conflict.

We don't even know what Angels Falls would be like?

Yeah it was the video game set in Africa that inspired the game where you shoot not al-queda, not the actual fucking invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan that had been going on for half a decade. Just go watch the intro to the game to see how wrong and stupid that statement is.

my graphics card was down last time, is there a day people play on?

There was a video teasing a bit of the engine. Embed related.

No. Last time we played was because Holla Forumsmod 2.5 released. Now 3.0 is being worked on. You can keep tabs on the progress here:
>>>/radcorp/4305