Restaurants in vyda

Burger Town in call of duty
What’s Holla Forums favorite restaurants in games? They can be fictional or real.
callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Burger_Town

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=0fd3ve-Lyhs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Almost every restaurant in every Yakuza game made me feel hungry, if that counts.

inb4 Vanillaware games

Not strictly a restaurant, but the Sugar Hole in .flow really gives you that comfy kind of depressing feeling.

hooktube.com/watch?v=0fd3ve-Lyhs

Okay, I guess.

Are the megaman NT warriors worthy playing?

NT Warrior is the Western name for the anime of Battle Network. Battle Network 2, 3, and 6 are pretty much universally considered worth playing, in that order. 1 and 5 are rough around the edges, so you may or may not like them even if you like the others. 4 is unbearably shit.

The canteens/kitchens in Monster Hunter. World's is good too cause you can choose 4 ingredients.

I always liked the dukeburger in e1m2 for duke64.

Burger Town is an actual thing? How many fast food brands does the world fucking need?

oh man I was so pissed

Holla Forums should make a restaurant or a fast food place

What?

What the fuck are you on about?

>tfw no giant burger

Are you fucking deranged.

You are fucking deranged.

BURZINGA

The Big Bang Burger looks delicious, but I can't imagine consistently choosing it over getting to sit and drink coffee in Leblanc.

Why are there so many brainlets here?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

It's not your post itself it's your response to it, where did you correlate his post of stating Burger Town is real. Is this about that real-life Burger Town that was made for some CoD event a few years ago.

Good post.

I submit the shitty McHack restaurant in that one level of E.Y.E. If I had any screenshots I available to me I would post them.

"is" connotes that something still exists in this very moment, while "existed" means it doesn't anymore. As far as I know any real Burger Town restaurant doesn't exist anymore or is one of those places with only a small handful of locations.

What does that have to do with the original post?
He was simply wondering that yet another brand of fast food exists and seems to have thought it was just a made up one.
Your ramblings hardly relate to it in any way.

(acknowledged)
Grammar autism.

I dunno, restaurants are okay but like, when a game gets localized, it tends to lose its impact

what

said

This is why people say that they want Translation, not Localization and why half-arsed mobs like Treehouse piss and moan because they lack the literary skill to make a palatable translation so they go full retard with localizing everything to the point that they damn near erase major character traits.
Speaking of FF8, Dissidia NT did some pretty bad ones.

And therein lies the problem. Nobody these days has a single fucking clue how important language is, they think that just because they're fluent in the spoken vernacular of their native language that it makes them fucking Shakespeare when they write, and they sound like chimps at a typewriter when you actually see them write. Even here on Holla Forums, I'll never forget seeing someone say writing had no value to society. He didn't just mean literature, either. He clarified that he meant the ability to put thoughts into words and leave them in a lasting medium had no value to society. Given how little modern society values language, there's no way to expect some SJW with a gender studies degree to be able to know anything about their native language, let alone a foreign one.

It wasn't my post. Check IDs.

All I'm saying is what the guy who you think I am said is perfectly reasonable/logical.

Just because something existed at one time, doesn't mean it's world wide like burger king or something. It's a dumb thing to get worked up over.

Enjoy your minimum wage for life and constant misunderstandings.

I give enough of a shit about Sierra games in general to know that the second picture comes from Jones in the Fast Lane. Only Space Quest game I never played was Spinal Frontier, is it worth playing?

I think every Sierra Quest game is worth playing if you can stomach Sierra Quest games

came to post this

Who else loved astro chicken?

Oh god, not again.

I'm actually curious, does anyone know if a restaurant in a vidya game exists where you can actually sit down and have a comfy dinner and chat with the waitress instead of just being a glorified item store? It's something I've wanted to pitch to the nodevs in /agdg/ but I have a feeling it's been done before.

Hotel Dusk does the closest I can think of

Hope you choke-a-doodle-doo!

It’d be fucking cool if sapience could be contained in a smaller braincase and there was an archipelago of otherwise normally-proportioned little Asian people to interface with Western culture.

your shit is all retarded

Dragon's crown as well

Cock a doodle doo it's time for chicken!
Cock a doodle doo it's time for a feast!
Eat a 90 piece bucket, you can tell,
He's been to Cluckin' Bell!

The chicken is a bird with a tiny brain,
So we assume he doesn't feel any pain,
We shrink their heads and we breed 'em fast,
Six wings, forty breasts, then they're gassed,

Cock a doodle doo we're psychotic crazies,
Cock a doodle doo factory farming's insane,
We denied it all before our stock price fell,
Come down to Cluckin' Bell!

Cock-a-doodle-do, we're a huge corporation,
Cock-a-doodle-do, and we can't be stopped,
All you protesters can go to hell,
It's time for Cluckin' Bell!

From the factory farmer to your plate,
The chicken's life is a sorry state,
It's pumped full of chemicals, but what the hell,
They even make my breasts swell!

Filled full of hormones, so they get fat,
At least we no longer slip in a rat,
I love chicken with a shitty smell,
And that's why I love Cluckin' Bell!

Put me in the screencap.

Damn right.

DC doesn't really have a restaurant, if you want to get pedantic. More a campfire BBQ with your bros. Muramasa, though, has lots of little cafes and restaurants to eat at.
I think it's a given that 13 Sentinels will have places to eat too.

Wouldn't Yakuza qualify? There's a lot of restaurants to go to, and while most of them are just completionist checklists and health restores, a bunch of them have side-quests tied to them which involve chatting with the staff or trying different meals.

I'll put you in an oven and mail your ashes back to reddit

Burger world is based on Australian fast food master race hungry jack.

Isn't literally everything an advert? Like all of the billboards are genuine product placement, and all of the restaurants and their menus are genuine places?

I'm not weeb enough to verify, but I noticed a shit-ton of western products, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least. At least they don't feel too offensive, since there's so much goddamned product placement - and it all just kind of blends into the background - nothing is really singled out as being obviously "HEY BE LIKE BADASS BANCHO KAZUMA AND BUY THIS SHIT GOY". Except for Sega stuff, since they're depicted as being pretty much the only video-game products available in Japan.

I can't speak for the some of the stuff, but drinks like Boss Coffee and the takoyaki stands are real places they do look pretty good regardless if they are an ad

It's a game based on Japan, it would make less sense if it didn't have a shitton of billboards all over the fucking place.

There's product placement, but it feels realistic and fitting rather than a company trying to sell you shit. It would make sense that a vending machine would have Coca-Cola or a poster would be advertising a local place like Club Sega.

Yes but in most games the billboards are for made up products sold by fictional brands. In Yakuza they're literally just ads for products and that means Sega is getting money for that shit.

For some reason I just remember this one moment in Yakuza 0 where they're in a bar and there is an honest to God Whiskey advert midway through gameplay. The wooden box the bottle comes in laid down next to the full bottle and a glass full of it. All this shit with actual "Advert lighting" over it.

That's true, but that's also something that you specifically ask for. It's not like it's just out of the blue hitting you with an advertisement - and again - it's just one of so many, that it really comes off more as a drink trivia than an explicit advertisement.

Usually a company doesn't want to part with their license unless you're giving preference to their product over the competition - or better for them - so long as you don't depict ANY competition aside from generic garbage, because the last thing you want to do as an advertisement is to remind customers that there are competing products. And if you have to begrudgingly acknowledge that there are competing products - then they are garbage in comparison.

Again, Yakuza just kind of presents everything equally.

Westwood actually made a parody about the fact Burger King is called Hungry Jacks in Austrailia, by reskinning the McBurger Kongs as "McRoo Burger."

The bar in Planescape Torment where you can order drinks and read a short story's worth of descriptions of the taste.

Sage for not vidya, but still cool