Why Aren’t You Playing In The Snow edition
🍆🍆🍆

NEWS
Cyber Dimension Neptune out on PCs within roughly the next 75 days
(BE SURE TO SPOILER 4GO CONTENT)

Neptunia VII-R set for Western release Spring of this year
Already out in Japan, VR scenes translated and on YouTube

New Neptunia game in 2018, little known so far
Status as a high priority release indicates either a Mk2/V/VII sequel, or a significantly different kind of Nep game than has been released so far:
archive.is/K3cXl

Neptune / Azur Lane collaboration: new details
All four main characters have ships; SR for the regular forms, SSR for HDD forms
Event runs from 26-Jan to 2-Feb; Neptune is free after a task for LV15+ PCs; Vert is also free via tasks
Tasks also give Neptunia themed furniture
Nep and Noire JPN VAs Rie Tanaka and Asami Imai did a live stream late January, link below:
hooktube.com/watch?v=1Y5R-umSJFA

Re;Birth 1 on Steam updated to support Traditional Chinese
Also some janky English text fixed
Neptools still compatible with game
steamcommunity.com/games/282900/announcements/detail/2794912063252992150

Vert re-added to the Compile Heart phone app

/nep/ Happenings and News
We've made a /nep/ disagreement for organized gaming! Ask for an invite in the thread.

Matrix/Riot bunker, add these to your client (acquired at riot.im/):
#Nep-general:matrix.org
#eggplant_images:matrix.org
#nep_nfsw:matrix.org
#nepmusicwebms:matrix.org

300 banners per board now: if you wanna submit one, feel free to drop your OC.
>>>/nep/3335

CONTENT
Actual version: 1.422
Download: mega.nz/#!XBdyxBiI!6X2zMpAT3rYIszGxhpCAdK6CzkMogFXrZlnVGqtcD8M

Actual version: 1B
Download: mega.nz/#!aN1FTYJJ!aAokCq94E63OI9s2ovFX-PT9z3azVVU4sjqa6LOB11w
Re;Translation for Re;Birth 3 has been ported successfully over to the Vita >>>/nep/3563

Download: mega.nz/#F!YERwSbSA!K5DHhnr_wl8jqXwHnVFJFQ

Freshest quest: >>>/nep/3738
Re;Birth mods: >>>/nep/822
Translated Nep media: >>>/nep/1589
Hello New World manga: >>>/nep/3153
CM3D2 with Neps: >>>/nep/3278
/nep/ Steam Group: >>>/nep/3211
/nep/ Bunker: >>>/nep/2756
Stories from /nep/ and Holla Forums members: pastebin.com/nPukfP7A
Thread OP pastebin: pastebin.com/ksBnE5tM

QUESTIONS
Start with Re;Birth 1 to test the waters, then play Re;Birth 2 and/or Re;Birth 3 (with the Re;Translations), and then V-II.

Translation Statuses are:
HDN, HDN Mk2 and Victory: NISA cancer.
Re;Birth 1 and V-II: Translation is alright, no worries from these ones.
Re;Birth 2: Not obviously bad at the start, but gets much worse as it goes along: in particular Neptune and Ram were screwed hard during localization. However, there is a Re;Translation made on our very own board (see above links).
Re;Birth 3: Better than the original NISA translation in Victory but still quite a lot of cancer. Main game has been retranslated, translators still required to translate DLC content.
All of the spin-offs: Varying translation quality. These range from cancer to mediocre.

Ask the Volafile or Share threads.

Ask in thread or go to >>>/nep/835

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/ToYK0
twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/957674646547054593
modwork.shop/17542
dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/674/1674299/
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=31648&iTestingId=88099
archive.is/KQX6x
gog.com/wishlist/games/megadimension_neptunia_vii
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Claiming this thread for tiddies, they made good neps into great neps

I'M GOING TO MARRY NEPTUNE AND PURPLE HEART IN AZUR LANE

Fukkin impressive, have some oppai ya cunt

Blessed

this thread needs some delicious flats

about 3 and half hours left

2 and a half.

I only saw the 30 and thought it was half an hour. Someone please kill me.

Fixed.

How many people are close to pulling the trigger over not getting the Nep boat they want?

If by "trigger" you mean starting a fresh account then me

Not me. I got exactly what I wanted. Now I'm not sure if I should save or wait for Noire and Vert. I don't really like them but they won't appear again.

Got Uni. She's gonna need some levels before I can actually use her though, or maybe she should be left until NG+ or RB2. I like her but is there any way to adjust her weapon hitbox because it necessitates being far from enemies, and they like to chase her into the edge of the battlefield. Extended movement range is almost mandatory I feel.

Why'd I be playing mobage anyway?

Please don't whale.

It's funny how friendly this game is to people who refuse to pay a dime.
Now games that actively fuck you over like Brave Exvius can go die.

except when I want the specific nep

If they're Noire or Vert I'd wait until the banner changes. I can't say for Nep or Blanc as I got them in 60 cubes out of the 220 I saved up.

I can hardly call the game friendly when they split human/HDD into two characters instead of retrofits

That's just baiting people into playing it before they start pushing harder.

How'd Nep manage to be friends with a nurse anyway.

Look on the bright side: Purple Heart without Neptune.

Or having 2 Neps in all your fleets with a Noire or Vert being the flagship.

I don't know, a chinese game like this makes me a bit suspicious about it, even with neps in it.

I must admit that, this series is better than I thought.
I thought it was just waifufag bait.

This thread needs more epic struggles.

This thread will become a Mobage General in 4 months mark my words.

Ooooh boy, don't look at the last update if you thought they were fucking you over. RIP FPs

In 4 months 4GO and V-II R will be out though.

Boy don't even look at that gam after 2nd anniversary if you think its bad now

Yeah, I know. RIP any non-base-5* units

My only regret is that I can hardly read a single sentence in Azur Lane. My Japanese studying has enabled me to read a few words here and there, but it has not been kind.

It should make for a half decent practice though, right?

Yeah, Lord knows I need it. I still don't understand half of the mechanics of this game, though.

imgur.com/a/ToYK0
It's dangerous to go alone, take Nep

Mein negre. Now this thread can return to talking about Neptune.

I just want to read the Neps in high school light novels, but my nip is only good enough for a botched translation.

Finished RB1 but only got the normal end (whatever that means). It was fun to play with Uni although her outfit selection is lacking and I don't like her squeaky voice very much. Still my favourite candidate girl. Had a bit of a play in NG+ but the game doesn't reset levels so I ended up murdering everything with solo Uni, not too stimulating, and it annoyed me that even though you can defeat Arfoire's "supposed to lose" fight at a high level it makes no difference to the story. Next up is RB2 despite the translation, and speaking of which, whoever said anything good about the English voice casting is a liar and a scoundrel. Noire is awful, and the ones that are OK are clear downgrades over their JP counterparts.

Also it's a little painful when Uni literally sprays and prays. Seriously, pointing 45° off-target and still managing to hit the enemy? It's ridiculous.

You're shares weren't at the right values for the true end, I think they need to be about 25% for each nation, if you got Uni that means you probably had a larger amount in Lastation.

Fun fact; her english VA joined that strike nobody gave a shit about and thus won't be getting the role again.
Leddit, DA and twatter think it's heartbreaking.

I've got a pre-Uni save but I'll just do that on NG+ some time. While not in RB1, apparently it's also really bad to get KO'd in later games.
Come on this is beyond silly to see her doing even if it's meant to be rapid-fire.

Justice.

I meant it as a joke, like the magic bullet theory

I'd never even heard of Azur Lane until yesterday. Do they normally do crossovers like this or is it a soft takeover of the Neptunia series?

SLUTGEAR

This looks like the first one they've done with a franchise like neptunia.

Started RB2, and wasn't really feeling it, too gloomy a start. Decided to try RB3 and it didn't take long to confirm that was the right choice. Rei really is as pathetically adorable as the brief glimpse I've seen in the anime. I'm expectant of when Plutia finally shows her HDD form. Plutia herself I'm warming to as well now she's actually part of the story instead of just a random girl to play with. Still my observation as Neptune 2P was spot-on.

I noticed that in all 3 games there were a few events with missing voices, only having text and SFX. Only spotted one of those in RB1 (the one for Polytan, which is DLC-related, which makes a bit of sense) but there was at least one or two which didn't seem to be DLC events in RB2, and RB3. That's not just an error in my copy I hope.

Wait for it

If you think that's gloomy you ain't seen nothing yet

Nah, there's some events in every game that don't have voice acting, since Compile Heart tend to come up with ideas for events after the voicework has already been recorded and decide to include them after the fact.

/g/1177083/7fbfd5a37c/

Yeah I'm aware RB2 is like that, and has that ending. I'll eventually be playing it to completion but right now, it's not working and I'm not that much into Nepgear. Except for her showing up her sister early in RB3, that was 110% approved.

Oh stick an eggplant in it you. Let me believe it will go well.

No.

Which version of Neptunia Rebirth should I play?
I have it on GoG and the Vita, are there any advantages or disadvantages? I like my portability for comfiness but if there's enough advantages to the PC version I might play that instead

Did I already answer you in the Vita thread?

Yeah that transformed Arfoire is ugly as sin, more than her regular form. Never liked her. Also looking forward to when I can beat up that annoying "little girl". However I knew Iris's reveal was going to be delicious and hoo boy, it did not disappoint. Rei continues to be adorable and in need of hugs.

Game-wise I like the minor improvements across the board, like the system for hidden objects since you just have to be observant. The one in RB1 is just pressing square a lot until you know where the spawn points are or have that one plan. Not so fond of the in-game achievements, or rather the obnoxious notification that likes to happen around critical story parts. It's especially bad with the DLC characters and the exp. leeching one since that easily triggers a flood of the things. I'm not actually using DLC characters this time around even if I added them, out of strength concern. Cave and MAGES. are tempting though.

twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/957674646547054593
Anyone at ALA knows what they need to do

Steal the cardboard cutout and all of the top nep hats?

Yes

poor iffy

The achievements add very small boosts to stats, the only one I did consciously was the jump one since you can do the first 2 levels for every character pretty quickly by jumping in place.

I should have fucking gone this year. Didn't so that I could prep for an interview that I fucking bombed.

sage for blogpost

Your life sounds like it could use some more nepping user, also did you bring up your love of 2d girls in the job interview, if you didn't you should have since then they know you won't sexually harass anyone, which makes them more prone to hire you.

Yeah I'm not going out of my way for them. Except for jumping, and that's easily done on the move.

I see oppai mousepad. Who is it? Obviously not Blanc. I hope they have a Nep stand at our local con some time.

actual spoiler you do not fight the little annoying girl whom, iirc, is 40+ years old
give Cave a try and be sure to use her special moves for a nice surprise

The oppai mousepad looks like it might be for Orange Heart or whatever game that is next to the pixel neps.

Obviously I pay a lot of attention when playing games. But it seems SP was revamped to basically be the EXE Drive gauge, per-character, and needs to be built up with multi-hits. Annoyingly it doesn't recharge even a little on leaving a dungeon. Can I assume then that it'll devolve again into rush attacks later game? For now it seems more important to use power attacks since the rush attacks haven't got many hits on them anyway.

Relatedly, Cave was given a try, and that's all I'll be doing since she's way too powerful. Her starting SP skill, aside from being too damaging is dirt cheap and has a huge hitbox with multi-hits so you don't lose SP from using it. It's like how some EXE Drives in RB1 can significantly regain the expended bar.

Also damn, I guess I'll just have to enjoy cutscene beatdowns.

I was thinking her or MarvelousAQL. For whatever reason I think of the BFG9000 when seeing Yellow Heart. Inexplicably not Green Heart.

Wet Neps

…make wet Anons.

You'll be using rush along with SP healing items, they attempted to nerf the EXE spam by requiring that each character has the adequate amount of SP instead of a single bar that they share between them. Characters like Cave take the new mechanic and break it on their knee.

I want to hug Rei

Rei needs a lot of hugs.

Rei is the purest

Pure cuteness.

This is pure autism

That gap is a national treasure in and of itself.

Out of all the RE:1 characters, I thought tekken was the best with blanc being a close second.

Tekken a cute! Though she feels like a Nepgear clone to me. Only with a masochist boner instead of a mecha one.

Figures. I'll undoubtedly have more to say about that as the game progresses. Also I'm not counting the DLC characters because they're clearly designed to be OP, even cheating, as was the case in RB1 where Plutia is basically Neptune with support moves like Compa and AoE SP skills like IF. Even when I played with her it was to swap for Neptune because otherwise it would've been even more one-sided. Also, I don't like the character clutter much. It's part of what puts me off Senran Kagura and hits pretty badly in Noire's spin-off game.

The HDDs have a lot of small lewd features on top of the more obvious ones, which is part of the reason I like them so much.

tekken's great at dealing out and taking damage and she's CUTE, CUTE, though I really don't like the chain necklace

No progress, just sidequesting. The metal Dogoos don't fuck around in this game. It's only a regular enemy and it hit harder than the dangerous one, enough to OHKO someone even. A downside I'm finding with the new SP system is that slow girls end up starving for it, and the items to recharge SP are expensive. Also opted to use DLC characters for dungeons I've already cleared, just for spice. I'm liking Cave although I haven't played much of their games, and I'm terrible at real bullet hell shooters. Most of the girls I have no attachment to game-wise, except Marvy.

Also one small thing all the RB games need to stop doing: Making it hard to see damage values. They somehow found a way to have bad camera in scripted attacks.

Why is she so perfect

Tried MAGES. out, surprise surprise, she's broken. But I'm really happy they fixed the garbage aiming on ranged characters. Instead of just making a distant hitbox that's impossible to aim finely and fixed distance so you can get cornered and murdered, it's like the target system for most SP skills. Why they didn't just do that before makes no sense and I hope it's like that in RB2 since it was a blemish on Uni in RB1.

Moved the main cast to rush attacks. Sleepy head Plutia needs it badly. Cave is officially favourite status among the side characters. Nice figure, lovely design. It helps that I can connect her to something I know as well. MAGES. is second just because I like chuunis.

I don't know but it's not when she's Frankensteined onto Noire.

Cave a cute.

Will you be playing Megadimension V-II once you're done with all the Re;births?

Here's a guildmarm Rei to make up for it

I can't. Laptop is too old, no interest in a PS4.

Like with Noire, I like to assign her to leader, just for the animations and subtle lewd features. Which reminds me, what is a "leader skill" I saw it in the plans menu for Noire.

Oh yeah, and while RB3 overall improves the menus, buying items was damaged since you can't determine who an item belongs to except in the separate equip menu, that's also how you view the items. It was a lot more streamlined before. It'd also have been nice if it had a per-character sub-menu for character accessory plans, like they did for abilities. It's extremely cluttered as-is.

When that character is the leader of the party the skill activates, for example I think Neptune's skill is that she cuts SP cost for EXE.

Now I feel silly for asking because there's a feature just like it in Noire's game. Shame it doesn't seem to tell you what they do anywhere, but it doesn't matter anyway. Dress-up and waifus > Min/maxing I'll just activate it for my favourites and hope for the best.

Does anyone have those webms of the midi version of some of the ost or whatever they were? I remember there being one for Between Earth and Sky and they Planeptune theme.

I'd like to feed Histy my pudding

Histy needs more love. I'd like to see a figure or some other character goods some day. Maybe her own CD. I'd be fine with Histy encouraging me to work hard and do my best.

What I need is a Rei audio drama

(btw it's not midi, it's fami tracker)

Thanks a bunch fam you're the best.

Thank you for your Histoires. Why are there no life size Histy plushies though?

You're now imagining a game where (You) help her to become a competent leader and restore her nation to glory.

Because there's a dearth of anything that isn't Neptune.

Does anyone have a link to the rb3 vita retranslation patch? The link on /nep/ is dead.
rb2 patch port never ever

The site we're hosting the mod on changed their URL and I figured they would redirect you automatically. Anyways, here's the download link.
modwork.shop/17542
rb2 patch port soon™

I judge the Neps based on how cute they are, and I find Tekken to be the cutest along with Blanc.

Histy has the best hair

What said. As for how well it works I'm a bit past getting Blanc and haven't noticed any major issues. Worst I've seen is one or two instances where a line is too wide to be displayed. Only by like half a character though. If there are any issues you can always rename the patch folder to switch it off.

And yeah, that's the extent of my story progress, I'm too easy to catch up in random exploring and sidequesting. Definitely feel like this game missed an opportunity to have sidequest dialogue, think like NIER. I doubt Neps could top those but they could do alright.

what are you, a homo?

More progress, more best girl being best girl. Nepgear is a moron and deserved that beatdown from Rei. Tiny Compa and IF are adorable. For whatever reason I've only seen a single dungeon plan, and also have a lot of unfinished sidequests and free memory. Must be missing something.

oh this is going to be fun

I'm ready for this.

You deserve a beatdown from both Rei and Iris, but you'd probably enjoy it. You're right about tiny Compa and IF, though.

I was specifically referring to how she ended up joining Neptune. On the whole I'm apathetic about her, at least now. Maybe that'll change when I get to RB2.

Also don't read the Vita RB3 re;translation version history, you might want to smash your UniVita.

Can't tell if you're annoyed or excited.

You haven't played the second game, so you can't really understand why RB;3 shits on nepgear constantly.

Not discounting the possibility I'll change my mind about her as that happened with Plutia (still dislike the voice though). If I'm up for the depressing universe I'll continue RB2 and give RB3 a break.

Oh and I don't enjoy beatdowns. But I do enjoy seeing her torment others, and looking at/hearing her.

Looks like the Azur Lane thing is going to keep going for another week or two but now Noire and Vert have higher drop chances over Neptune and Blanc.

I think they did something with Nico Nico but this is the first cross-game thing.

Iris is good taste.

Now that's a little harsh. She's more "smart but severely autistic". There's an honest to god official manga where she loses her underwear and instead of putting on another pair she and her sister instead sperg out and cause an international incident (which has lead some to speculate just how tied up she is with stuff). She's a 2D Peanut Butter Girl and in that vein things about her make more sense. Interestingly when she's away from her sister she's almost a functional member of society.

Babby IF is a killing machine, she's great.

Will February be the month where 4GO releases on the PC?

Because anime girls make you gay.

Hello Nepfags, I'm a newfag to Neptunia
I have Re;Birth 1 on GoG and am about to play it. Is there anything I should be aware of before I play it, like essential mods, patches, uncensorship things, etc.?
Also is it better played with KB+M or controller, what settings are best, are there any difficulty modes and does the story change, etc.?

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/674/1674299/

There's no mods you need for RB;1.
You don't need the mouse but you might enjoy a controller with it, the keyboard controls take getting used to.
>are there any difficulty modes and does the story change, etc.?
You can make the game harder through plans you make in-game and there are multiple endings.

Forgot image

REMAKE OF A REMAKE

Thanks user. Is there any "true" or best endings? And how long does a first play through of the game take would you say?
Is it comfy on harder difficulties or is it possible for it to be too hard to be so if I make it harder? I can handle some fairly tough JRPGs but I haven't cut my teeth on the hardest ones yet

Pic related.

There is a true ending. A typical playthough will take about 30 hours I would say, more if you go full autism and go for all the plans you can make in the first time around.
The plans for difficulties are something you can turn off and on, there's even a plan to make the game easier, if you've played JRPGs before you'll understand the combat system and how to exploit it pretty quickly. I wouldn't worry about the difficulty outside of maybe one boss fight at the beginning.

Thank you user.
One last question, which voice set should I play with? I assume its obviously Japanese but who knows? I have a high tolerance for dubs

Even if you can stomach the dubs, only about 1/3 of the game is voiced in english. This is apparent through the main games, surprisingly the spinoffs are almost 1/1 in terms of voiced content minus the "minor" changes in choice words.

Briefly returned to RB2, enough to get Uni, and find that she's got the same bad weapon hitboxes as RB1, and also enough to suffer at the hands of that boss where you regain HDD for Nepgear. I'm liking the different stage music but not the new battle theme.

Have something I posted in the Vita thread. I was posting bits and pieces last thread too but it's not archived I don't think.

Expect to suffer a bit early game until you get used to how it plays but beyond that you shouldn't need to adjust the difficulty down, not if you're exploring a lot. I haven't tried pushing it higher so I don't know if that's intended for New Game+ or not. It can be toggled so it's easy to check how strong the effect is. Also, avoid using the DLC characters, this applies to any of the games. Tempting as they are, they're generally OP.

Real life Iffy and Compa are a bunch of work-shy cheaters, worse than Neptune.

Japanese.

What the fuck is this lazy shit?
I suppose I shouldn't have expected too much, not like its a big budget game or anything. At least the japanese voices are likely better.

Oh shit, thanks user this will definitely help.
there are times that I sort of like the idea of having to write shit down for a video game, not sure if this is one of them. I'd have hoped the areas would be memorable enough to be able to just flat-out remember where the items are but this definitely helps
Also
Sexy, shame about what the EXE gauge sounds like it does to the game though

This is some impressive jewery.

I think there's maybe one unvoiced event in RB1 with Japanese, but it's only a minor DLC one. Unfortunately there's a lot more of that in RB2 and RB3. RB2 actually has one of the early game tutorials (Viral enemies) unvoiced. RB3 criminally has "how Plutia met Histoire" unvoiced. Also yeah, switch over to English voices at some point and see for yourself. It's night and day.

Ooh boy… There's some good things in the series but the level design is not one of them. They're extremely lazy and re-use the same areas a few times with minor variations. Then they re-use them in other games. It's a budget series and it shows.

I recommend using a FAQ personally. Just forewarning since there's a lot of random items in the game, most of which only get used for a couple of plans and then become vendor trash. Some sort of crafting mechanic would've worked better.

It's not majorly deep. Early game use power and guard breakers since there's no EXE, and the rush attacks don't have enough hits on them. Also, RB3 attempted to address the balance, and makes it a little less cheesy, but it's still heavily rush-focused since everyone has their own SP bar, and that powers HDD, SP skills, and EXE.

There's a lot of cap-worthy scenes in this game, its really a treat going through it, but I can't keep up with all the allusions and whatnot.
Yeesh.
Also equipment plays a really big deal in this game I see. Default equipment IF gets 1-2 shotted by regular mobs in West Wind Valley.

I have a hard time not doing it, as evidenced by the last thread or two.

Yeah that's the early game pain, I went through that phase too. Did you at least do life rings because it gives you a lot more leeway early on, and without them Compa is a pretty useless healer since her restoration is %-based while the common items are fixed values but much greater.

It really does. Besides the common stuff make sure to check the game dev feature too some of the chips are pretty helpful early game, and plain sick late game. It also bears repeating to not ignore the attack customization since you periodically get more powerful moves.

This fucking dog boss, what the fuck?
It can 1-shot Compa with a life ring from near full HP with that stupid dog breath attack
Didn't realize debuffing had this much of an effect, holy fucking shit

wew, screencap fucked up
Also I don't trust Noire as far as I can throw her.

Oh, this explains why I had such a tough time.
I forgot to equip the experimental fucking weapon. At least I beat it already but I probably could've saved a lot of healing items…
polite sage because this is near-blogposting at this point

Noire is your greatest ally, user.

Thanks for confirming that she will stab me in the back, probably for credits or something stupid like a dirty slut
I don't trust any of the CPUs and haven't since the beginning scene of the game

Rude.

It's fine if you post a fair bit at once. Besides on here there should be at least some game discussion, not just 2D cutes.

Can you blame me though?
Its bullshit, so much for her "honor". The guilt and shame she should be feeling for attacking purest Nep makes me only slightly warm to her but I still don't trust her

Each CPU was told the others would betray her, Purple Heart was seen as the strongest by the others and they all decided on taking her down first so the other three could fight among themselves.
Lastation always wins baby.

Well isn't this cute

Classy.

I'll at least agree that I got destroyed the first couple of times she jumped me and I was pretty annoyed at it. After that she's fine.

Irony is I hate Microsoft and like Leanbox the most.

It's very easy to like Vert, but I just can't find it in me to make her my number one.

can someone tell me if poison effects stack with each other? Like IF's poison attack, does the % to poison increase if she's using a poison weapon? If not, which one is likelier to poison, or are they the same?

I think my computer likes taking screenshots from 20 seconds in the past, this doesn't make any fucking sense why it keeps fucking up on me

iirc, every weapon is simply a reskin with different stats, no special attributes or anything
i mean using any move other than her poison attack will not poison the target even with that venom claw weapon

In HDN the weapons had attributes like that, in the remakes the weapons just add stats and/or change the hit range of the weapon.

I think I'm liking Vert a lot more than I did Noire, though I guess I've slowly warmed to the latter. Can't take this game too seriously like I do others, took me a little while to realize that. The humor style kinda reminds me of bobobo and I love it. Also the sheer amount of references and whatnot for some strange reason is gratifying.
and things like that

Well that's just fucking stupid.

It seems pretty pointless to change shit like that. Does anyone know why they did that?

I'm guessing it was done for a quick and dirty re-balance. .
If weapons don't have special attributes you only have to balance around statuses the characters can inflict with skills and how they interact with each other rather than also dealing with any weapons somebody might use.
It also prevents the sort of situations where people will keep a level 15 sword forever due to how status effects tend to scale in retarded ways.
By making it straight up stats and range there are less real variables that make you want to keep a weapon forever.

Vert's great as a lead character. She's fast, most of her attacks have large hitboxes and multi-hits, and she has useful debuffs on her EXE Drive and SP Skills. Also she's gorgeous but we're talking gameplay here. Noire is also excellent but she won't return to the party for a bit longer.

Yeah but that just makes the weapons vendor trash that you have to keep swapping out. At the very least they could've been more expensive to make you have to choose who gets the upgrade (as they are for the candidate girls), or put the barely used dungeon items to better use as a way to upgrade weapons.

No problem, I can. But I'd have a hell of a time sorting my other favourites: Noire, Uni, Blanc, Plutia. The side characters are easy: Cave, MAGES., Compa.

FUCKING JEWTENDO

Don't worry you'll get to destroy her. Also look forward to the next chapter it has one of the best scenes.

goddamn this game is perfection personified in cute girl form

Can't wait for you to not know who any of the Candidates are and why everything looks so different when you start Rebirth 2 or why the plot doesn't seem connected at all.

>tfw never got tainted by conquest route

I plyed OG first, too. I found out mk2 wasn't related to the first game at all so I stopped playing OG because that gameplay was so bad. I liked the story a lot. Even more than RB1's (though RB1 is still great).
Did you at least youtube it?

OG had some good story.

What the fuck?
Why did people recommend i play RB1 over the OG?
Or am I just confusing myself

Because OG gameplay is absolutely horrid.

The writing was great, but the gameplay was the worst in the series. Hell, it has some of the worst gameplay in any game I've ever played. For example, the gameplay is a turn based JRPG, which sounds hard to fuck up too badly, but then they made item usage completely up to RNG. So if you were low on health, you couldn't heal when you wanted. Only when RNGesus said it was okay to heal.

wew
That's the worst gameplay idea I have ever heard for RPG.

And to add insult to injury, you lose shares when a character gets KO'd.

Nah I'm good, I already know what happens and all.

That's gotta be saying something since the Re;birth games are pretty unrefined. Also holy Jesus that music is terrible. Re;birth at least has a serviceable soundtrack, and the only track that really got annoying is RB1's overworld.

I thought that happened in Re;birth as well.

Dear god what the fuck is that abomination

I can still never get over the fact that Nep sounds like an 80 year old woman in English.

You never heard dub Neptune?

HERE WE GO!!

The only things really wrong with these are the "hilarious, hip, cool and cute" dialogue (such as omg kthxbai) and when they're clearly just imitating the Japs and not attempting to localize at all (Nepu, seriously?). So bad localization and bad localization.

Round 2

The other thing wrong is that even if it's not a bad voice, the Japanese one is usually better. Ultimate example of that is the Planeptune CPUs. But yeah the sin is more what's being spoken than how well, and nothing can be done about the voices unlike the text.

Welp.
I'm fucking glad I'm playing the subbed version.

Fuck are you talking about?
The voices are fucking mediocre as fuck and some sound just like young boys instead of girls They also have no energy and aren't even trying, its like they're speaking english how an American would speak spanish to a spic.
"Kay Pasa" and so on
Its fucking weird and wrong on too many levels, and the acting in general is just weak as all fuck

I still don't know why there was a need to dub this in the first place. Why this weird extra work that ends up being garbage in the first place? It's a waste of money to half-ass this shit.

I guess even if like 10% of the cutscenes are actually dubbed in english, that's enough to let the pseudoweebs who are afraid of Japanese voices feel safe when they play.

I honestly wish a team would make some tracker on their game to see how many people actually play the game fully on English dub. I question if spending the time and resources is worth that number of people.

Oh to return to the music side of things, I'm just gonna post this since I really like some of the in-dungeon music. Overall it at least does the job, and I haven't gotten sick of the battle themes yet, which is normally an issue with RPGs. Still annoying that, like many things in this series, they re-use things constantly. At least make a re;mix geez.

It'd be skewed towards the default because people don't generally change settings. But no I question the point of most dubs if they have access to the JP voices. Which, unfortunately they sometimes do not. It's worst on Vita due to the abysmal storage situation, and that alt voices can eat up storage, especially if they're in FMVs. Re;birth 3 and Ultra Despair Girls have the JP voices as 2GB DLC.

If they're put off by Japanese voices they'll be put off by pantyshots anyway.

Basically. You can feel the emotion in Purple Heart's JP voice.

VII has a lot of new tracks (well I guess not so new now since the game's almost 3 years old now). I really like the battle theme from the Zero dimension in that one.

Just curious but what levels are when you start to get too high? I think I might be grinding too much (just seeing what risky/tough monsters I can fight)
I'm idling on the part right before you get Lowee and fight Killachine v. 2 and my characters are all around level 35.

Memes write themselves.
Also blanc is cute, she's a lot less annoying of a character, forgot that she had a feisty side which makes her infinitely more appealing

You are only half right, she is, in fact, THE CUTEST

Vanilla-wise, non super boss monsters initiated by plans can be obliterated without effort at 70/80. Superbosses and omake territories require higher numbers, and there's a few maps locked behind dlc that would eat you alive if you walked in with less than Lv500.

As a reference, none of the DLC characters are subject to the level cap, thus they can go straight to 999 without more dlc (P-ko, Pururu, HIsty).

So I'm still in the "okay" range then?
Good.

I want to GO ON A CRUSADE and PURGE THE HERETICS AND NON-BELIEVERS with Blanc.

tfw you'll never curl up by a fire and eat military rations with Blanc while she reads you some of her books then after go into your tent and check your weapons and gear while you talk about war stories then you lay down together and do lewd things before you get some sleep

aw fuck

Then just play V-II. Linda still isn't in it, but it is the better game and you don't need to know what happens in V to get V-II. I mean, technically V-II is the sequel to V, but storywise, they just kind of ignore it for the most part.

PURPLE BUSH
U
R
P
L
E

B
U
S
H

I finally looked into this series after scrolling past the /nep/ general for the millionth time, and it looks like this weeb shit could actually be fun. Before I torrent the first game, can anyone tell me how well it runs in Wine? I'm a Linux-only autist. I have an older laptop with integrated graphics that should be able to (barely) run the game at playable fps, but only if there is little to none performance hit from using Wine.

It supposedly works well in wine, I haven't run it personally but according to pic related it should be fine.

what libraries does it need?

See if this helps m80:
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=31648&iTestingId=88099

Yeah I checked WineDB so I already know it should work. The question is how much of a performance hit there is. I have a shitty Intel HD 3000 iGPU, so it matters.

I guess I'll just download it and see for myself.

Meant to say WineHQ.

don't worry, wineHQ and wineDB are one and the same

This game feels like its been going on forever, I like it but fuck, starting to get burnt out by all the fucking areas to explore and plans to finish and items to find and whatnot and its sort of overwhelming
I just beat the image of Momus and got Histoire, how close am I to finishing the game?
Also I heard for the true ending all the places have to have at least 20% shares or something, is that true?

Pretty close actually (2 more chapters). The main story is actually quite short. What sets the pace is sidequesting, much like in sandbox games.

I stopped playing proprietary games on Linux altogether since it's on a freedom box. Such games are all sandboxed to my last Windows-based laptop and a series of jailbroken consoles. In general expect Nip games to be coded on the iffy side.

Explain.

Any news on that RB2 Re;Translation Vita port?

Jesus fucking christ, so like 6 more hours?
That sounds small but it feels like it'll take forever
I'm still enjoying myself though, all things considered but I just wish the story was forced to move faster at this point rather than continue at this same pace
Plus things cost so many credits now, I never expected to nearly run dry and I have so many party members that its ridiculous
One thing I can give credit to to the writers though is for being able to create dialogue that includes all of them, because goddamn I know how tedious it is to do a few lines for just 4, let alone fucking 8 now

I tried to get into Nep because Holla Forums talked about it quite a bit, and this was the first game I played. I played it for a while and then dropped it, not because of the gameplay or anything but simply because it was so insanely tedious. Each boss you came across was a giant pain without grinding out a few more levels first, and it just felt like a gigantic time sink with little to show for it.
That was the only Nep game I tried, and then a month or two later some anons told me it was probably the worst installation of the series and that it wasn't a good one to start with (ironically I think a number of people fall into that trap thinking that Re;Birth is meant to be a good game to start off on).

anons told me that it was the best game to start on idk, what even would be the best then?

I wish. That was also why I was inclined to do RB3 first.

If that's your feeling don't continue the series. Outside of some refinements the other Re;birth games play pretty similarly, and the spin-offs really aren't all that interesting or are plain awful except to fans of the series.

They probably told him the first game was one of the worst to play (it's even mentioned further up). Re;birth 1 is a remake of that which massively improves the gameplay and is a good introduction to the series as a whole.

That's unfortunate. I enjoyed it at the end of the day, its just that there's so much to fucking do outside of experiencing gameplay relevant to the story or the story itself
and part of the problem is that a lot of it features grinding, one of the worst examples that I'm recently coming across is getting 2 unexploded shell for a qatar recipe for IF, that tank thing is a long fight no matter what and iirc it gives a ton of xp and credits (the latter might start being useful now given i have so many characters and everything is so expensive now but its still annoying)
I don't like feeling too powerful to where I can ruin or break the game, and I feel like I can do that for the most part. (except for some optional bosses/tough monsters ironically enough, those are harder than the actual bosses more often than not)

It's ~25% in the four nations, you'll also want no shares in the other category.

Also I feel there was a massive missed opportunity for interactions and dialogue options or changes involving the lily ranks imo, and the fact that there doesn't seem to be a way to find a hidden link on Vert's blog sort of disappoints me. They could've done something similar to Fire Emblem's supports and maybe even had it affect the ending in some way, but that's just my opinion and I can see that sort of frustrating people

Thanks user, this will be helpful but its not going to be fun to raise up Lowee. Barely any quests that give more than 2% to lowee

Then you should play RB;2, the lily ranks between the main character and the others become very important.

The OP says Re;Birth 2's translation got fucked, how's the fanslation?

It's fine, it was made by anons here and it removes the shitty localization the game got the first time around.

So should I /scurv/ it or buy it then? I bought Re;Birth 1 because the translation was okay and it seemed like it was worth supporting, who did the translation for 2?

NISA

Welp that answers that question for me, thanks user

These games are indeed time sinks. Re;birth 1 took me 60 hours to get the regular ending and everyone to lv99. Re;birth 2 took me 33 hours to complete and end up with the conquest ending by mistake which I didn't go through with for various raisins and Re;birth 3 took me 77 hours to get the good and true endings.
I have 48 hours in Megdimension and I'd say I'm about 75% through it. You really have to like the characters and lightheartedness of it all to get through these games.

Tekken is such a cute character and her exe drive and the way she fights is so fucking cathartic, it feel so satisfying to just punch the shit out of people, holy fuck
Plus her voice and aaaaaah, too adorable

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

give her the tetrahedron ring or whatever it's called and she'll never die. Her special moves are real satisfying too, those uppercuts and the sound effects UGGGGHHHH man I want to play the game again. sorry for your loss

Strange as fuck considering she was a literal pushover the last time I had to fight her…
Anyways I'm about to face Momus apparently and it says I'm in chapter 7, should I get my shares up and do everything, is the end close or what?

This is false. RB2 is IFI. One of the empolyees from NISA joined IFI and did the translation, but you'd be supporting IFI, not NISA. Also that translator got fired after RB3.

Let's just name the fag, the translator was Nick Doerr. I don't even think he's doing translations anymore.

That would imply he ever did them in the first place!

As I mentioned further up that was missed for sidequests too. Think like NIER had only with a Neptunia spin instead of a moon man and a talking book.

Also note that you'll be in for even more pain if you try going for the CPU candidates since in chapter 8, you get the plan at 30% for the respective nation, and can only actually build it at 50%, with some quantity of a drop, and with 1024MB. You probably don't care though if you're at the end of your tether for the series, and they're front-center in Re;birth 2 anyway.

Stop spreading misinformation, because you could assign 100% item usage, using it as soon as possible, bypassing the RNG.
I recommend playing the OG on the PS3 if you can, the gameplay takes time to get used and the Re;Birth is a step in the right direct regarding the mechanics. But the history in the Original is away more fleshed out, the characters are more convincing while they end up more moé in the following games.

You have a limit on the number of percentage points you can give though. So making healing 100% means you have less percentage for something else. OG is great storywise, but I just can't recommend anyone playing it. I wish they'd remake it with improved gameplay.

Well, I just installed ReBirth1 in Wine and it seems to work just fine on my craptop. I'm gonna delve into it later. Btw, what should I set the audio to, English or Anime?

Anime, please for the love of god anime if those webms are anything to go by
I've been enjoying it so far, just avoid reading many of my posts in this thread as there may be spoilers

10 credits have been deposited into your account

To repeat an earlier post, Japanese. Just, when you've played a bit, toggle it over to English and you'll know why we're so insistent.

There are no gods

Just to be fair I had errors for some reason when I tried uploading all three so that's why I only uploaded 1 in that post.

Noire, your skirt is too short. Also to be fair voicing jumps is annoying. I prefer simple yelps.

Got any comparisons between other girls? It's easy to pick on Noire's VA but the others, when they're not awful, are pretty low energy compared to the JP VAs.

Well I have Blanc and Compa from GenkiBlanc (NepvZombies). Anyone else that seriously wants a comparison between other characters might wanna youtube it. If by popular demand I'll look into making webms or MP4s, whichever doesn't take 4 hours to encode on my shit brick.

Purple carpet

Also I have dogs.

Welp I think I've made it to the final boss, and holy shit this will probably take a while. Still not as hard as facing that fucking stupid early game wolf boss thing

>dragon raid ohko's entire party in 1 single hit like its a scripted event
Fuck, what the hell

Fuck this game, man

Did you manage to beat it?

Not yet, decided to go to sleep after the 3rd try or so. Came close. I'm supposedly way underleveled compared to the people on the (((Steam))) forums who came up when I searched this shit when they beat it
I accidentally think I spoiled myself on the ending because I wanted to check something, FUCK

I manage to beat it everyday :^)

Hmm, this game was obviously not designed for mouse & keyboard. Should I be using my x360 controller for this?

Yes

T-thanks.

Fucking mods.
I think we need to go smack Mark and his hotpocket crew again, this is getting out of fucking hand.

How disheartening.

BTW, I don't mean to (1) and done, but I haven't played a single Nep game yet. I don't want to be spoiled, so I've been avoiding these Nep threads. One time I didn't, though, was pretty fun, talking about the comfiest girl in the series. The world would probably be a different place if more real women dressed and could look like her. Then again, it'd probably need to be a very different place in order for modern Western women to have that much taste in fashion, I suppose.

/g/1185421/6cd6644299/

NICE, really really fucking nice, thanks

You can find attire similar to what Compa wears in real life, but without some of the excesses. Like, remove the detached sleeves, the Compile Heart imagery, and the silly leg warmers. Then you've got something stylish but not overdesigned.

I do not concur. Too vulgar.

WELP
I finally fucking beat this game.
I'm pretty fucking happy, all things considered. I wish the ending wasn't spoiled for me, but I'm still very content. This game was an amazing destresser at a time when I could really use it. I dunno if I should play the sequels even though I liked this very much because of how different they are from what I've heard in earlier threads (2 being even more lighthearted, 3 being really really dark(??)). It was a lovely and memorable story.
I wish I recorded myself playing through this game so I'd have a full memory of all that went on, as it is its already quite memorable, but I sort of wish I did.
Ah well, at least I have these amusing screencaps, though I should've taken more. The fucking print-screen function on my computer is messed up so that pisses me off
It was nice. Made a lot of pleasant memories, met a lot of memorable characters. I'll probably play the next games at some point, I'm still deciding on what to play next but I'm happy to have taken the chance to have played this game
Thanks to all the anons for the help, advice, encouragement, discussion and fun times.

Happy that you had fun with it user. Which nep is your favourite so far?

Its still Neptune but I've since grown to love all of them, feels almost wrong to separate them into which one I like the best but if I had to choose for right now, it would be her. Its kinda funny how much I distrusted them since the start of the game. I love how much of a gamer vert is though, IF is really cute, Compa really is underrated for all that she does imo, Noire, something about her just appeals to me. Its kinda just sweet to see her be all loner-y and act tough and slightly grumpy but really she's a softy deep down; its cliche as fuck but I love it. Blanc has own appeal. Her feistiness really gives her a lot of points in my book, its nice to see someone who can actually get fucking angry in this game. Neptune is still top though, just because of how she basically won them all over to me, and won me over to herself with her adorable personality. Innocent yet a teasing bully, self-centered in a lighthearted way but also incredibly amicable that's friggin' hilarious.
The side characters were all also nice, out of them I'd probably go with Tekken though, followed by Falcom, Mages, Marvelous, CC2 and broccoli
I still dunno who Nepgear or whatever is, I'll have to go back to the save before I took on the boss and check these "goddess" plans out or w/e

youre a cool guy

RB;3 has the best Nep (Plut). Idk if you want to skip RB;2, only one of its ending is kinda dark.

Do not skip RB2 even if it is more serious than RB1. It's the first canon game in yhe current universe. RB1 was a lighthearted game since they knew nothing in it mattered in the long run as it would have no weight on the overall timeline. You cannot skip RB2 because you won't understand the main dimension or VII, which is the best nep game. You could skip RB3 since its story is completely ignored in VII, but I kind of wouldn't recommend it. At least try it and if you don't like it, then skip it.

I wasn't planning on skipping any games. If I end up playing them I will most likely play them in order or in whatever way would be best. I usually play plenty of serious games, its just that I wonder if a fully"serious" game can work in this setting and with these characters without feeling weird, awkward, unfitting or hamfisted. If it ends up working out nicely then that's great
also
Eh?
I won't ask too much because I hate spoilers
RB1 is a standalone game is what you're saying?

thanks user

RB1 is mostly self contained. It's loosely based on the original PS3 game which was also an experimental game, so they gave it a rather definite end. The second one and onwards actually have continuity with each other.

Don't worry RB2 isn't full-grimdark or serious. But it is toned down from the utter sillyness that RB1 was, which makes sense given the setting, and that Neptune was kind of forced to relegate starring role to Nepgear.

The candidates are not developed at all in RB1. Play RB2 for that.

really?

Re;Birth 1.
Grind to level 20. It should be enough for her.
I got wrecked by her too.

Yea, I figured that would be the answer. Goddammit Japan.

Buy some fucking life rings. Back attacks do more damage iirc, and that holds true for everyone so don't show her your back.

which Nep game has the least amount of grinding? Why do the nipponese have this obsession with grinding in RPGs minus the Last Remnant, boy oh boy?

you shouldn't have to grind too much. Its much more based on equipment. Levels obviously help though, but yeah if you have any equipment seems better than what you have,equip it or buy it and don't be afraid to use your items, and like other anons said life rings are your friends

I don't know.
I only played Re;Birth 1.
I have way too many games in backlog.
50+

rebirth 1 and 2 i think
theu have coliseum battles that allow you to get lv 999 for all charcters in 1 hour
rebirth 3 there is no such battles but you take more time raising the lily ranks than get lv
and VII is the worst of the serie because the localization unpacthed the game and made it unbalanced (your max damg in that game 20~30k while the rebirth one charcter alone can easy deal 500k with the EXE skill)

if Re;Birth 1 has the least amount of grinding of all the Nep games I don't even want to think about what it's like playing the other ones.

just open the coliseum you will vae an easy battle that give you 8 million exp if im not mistake.
also when you get a level 3 EXE change the monsters of the dungeon and fight the powerfull monster you can kill them with 3 exe drive skills and you can reach lvl 20 in 2 or 3 battles

I really get should have that life ring picture saved for these occasions.

Where I am, the girls all dress the same: the same flats, the same skinny pants/jeans/leg paint analog, the same hoof-like ankle boots…all trying their hardest to look sexy and utterly failing in the attempt. Only in the winter might they look different, and wear something remotely similar to what Compa wears. Of course, no normalfag woman can get thighhighs right, always settling for sloppy and inferior kneehighs. Unless they're nude, or nearly so, further proving how thorough their obsession with sex is. They couldn't do cute right even to save their lives.

That said, I disagree with everything you said about Compa's outfit except for the CH imagery. Especially about the leg warmers–those contribute quite a bit to her comfy look.

It's the differentiation between how nip women dress and western women dress. I think this chart sums it up pretty nicely on the differences.

Pretty sure that's only a thing in Hyperdevotion. Still, against most bosses you want to have your girls attack from all sides since the bosses usually have large attack hitboxes.

Your girls have garbage taste. I'm just saying that such style does exist even if it's uncommon.

I just don't think they're necessary, but they don't annoy me like the HDD forms of the CPUs. Compa is a relatively simple design compared to most of the girls.

Back attacks are a thing in Megadimension and Sega Hard Girls too. It's very possible they were a thing in the Re;birth games, but I don't remember ever making the effort in those games.

I like Compa's colors. She's almost sepia-toned.

You know what, yeah. I bet they are a thing in Re;birth. But that's the game that likes to not tell you stuff. Hyperdevotion at least has a tutorial explaining it, and it's easy to discern "back" and "sides" in a grid-based TRPG.

I wanna sleep on a bed filled with neps

4GO is on sale on PSN.

The Rebirth games are on sale on GoG as well I really wish CH would put more games up there.

Put it on a wishlist and people will vote for it

Cybernep PC coming on the 27th.
archive.is/KQX6x

If you mean ambush, then yes it's entirely possible to be ambushed in the Re;Birth games.

I'll try that then.

That's sooner than I thought it was going to be, so in less than 2 weeks I'll be able to play it.

It's too long. What do?

I'd suggest linking it here or whereever else you go and get it some attention

Torrent when?

It seems like someone already made entries for all of them, I voted for the ones I could think of like V-II.
gog.com/wishlist/games/megadimension_neptunia_vii

Both of those two have appealing characteristics (though, unfortunately, the seemingly vast majority of women here are either flat or nearly so; and if they aren't/weren't, they likely lost it/will lose it in the gym, in pursuit of the ass Western women are also obsessed with). Both have those that are…not so much. The bad thing about women around my way is that they are most often found as I described above (indeed, the fact that they wear it at all is a testament to their bad taste); if they do happen to wear a dress anywhere near like what's shown, they'll still wear those disgustingly ugly flats with them.

There's no denying that. That said, "my girls"? I know what you mean, but…the idea fills me with repulsion. The stark difference between the way Compa dresses and how they dress (and, by extension, how they act) is one major reason why.

Compa's legwarmers are a good example of the contrast between the cuteness/prettiness of her style and the sex-obsession of today's fashion. Those legwarmers add to that certain huggable quality her attire grants her; they also create balance with her thighs (not to mention the rest of her body and grant an extra sense of dressed-ness there (that is, being dressed in a soft, comfy, inviting manner). That's in direct contrast to modern styles, which create a sense of pseudo-nudity. To clarify, consider the leggings/yoga pants that became so very popular. Tight down to the ankle, even tight enough at the top to show off cameltoe. Being so tight all the way down, there's no balance; their pants can even serve to make their feet look masculinely long. (Side note: only whores and other such lascivious women wore that kind of attire in the 90s to 00s.) It's clearly meant to invite the kind of activity that would remove them–and strictly that activity alone, as opposed to cuddling or even appreciation of the outfit and/or the personality that put it together, as in Compa's case.

I could continue with this cultural commentary, but it wasn't requested, and I'm sure no one wants it in this Nep thread. I don't feel my thoughts were coherently expressed here, anyway–though I tried my best. I've just been out of it today, even at work.

Sepia has always struck me as having its basis in a dark color (brown). I see where you're coming from, and I can almost agree…but I think more of some creamy colors when I see her. I'd say pastel colors, but her thighhighs' darkness pull her colors away from that.

Whatever the case, she reminds me of some kind of fluffy cake coated with cream. Maybe a chiffon cake.

I mean circling around your target in battle and performing your combos on their aft-ends resulting in more damage than had you done so to their face. If you've played Megadimension, I'm sure you'd have noticed the enemies positioning themselves behind you often and attacking your characters backs.

Flats are an abomination
heels are only slightly better, but they still suck dick too
Give me boots or just regular footwear any day, not that gaudy shit that everyone pretends to like but nobody actually does

voted as well, thanks for checking user
Hopefully they come some day soon, especially 4GO

The irony is a lot of Compa is about showing her panties. That aside, winter stuff on the whole makes for warm cute and huggable.

I'm reading this as a bed with Neps as the stuffing and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

Now c'mon, this thread was going so nicely without the shitposting, even the comparison image that user used for eastern and western dressing styles was very much fair and not like that at all

At least it would be bouncy, though I'd worry about their oxygen supply

I guess that counts as biting bait
I'm a dumbass

A man of good taste, I see. Indeed, flats are an abomination. I'm absolutely certain their presence today is due in large part to their use by the likes of West Indian women. By the early 00s, I noticed the vast majority of them wore such ugly footwear (along with jeans that emphasized how bone-thin they were–I can't imagine how they didn't lose their legs due to blood loss). White women had it right; whether they wore calf-high boots or some cross between shoes and boots, they were rounded–and frequently contributed to a girl-next-door look. Same goes for the sneakers they'd wear, too. They also long managed, by then, to abandon that mom jean nonsense of the 80s and early 90s for what was the perfect form of jeans/pants: form-fitting at the top, loose at the bottom, and sitting on the aforementioned footwear.

But yes, I agree with you. That said, women, being as eager to bandwagon as they are, probably wear that stuff because they hear it's popular. What I described above is why there's truth (I know it's preaching to the crowd, here) to the 3DPD meme. You only see the kind of clothing we've discussed in 2D, particularly anime with a focus on cuteness. Real women could learn so much from anime girls, but they're more interested in feeling–and whatever her female peers who probably hate her, given their cattiness feel.

I'm guessing the relevant pic of the ones I attached is an example of that. That aside, I don't get that vibe from her attire, even if her skirt is short. Like I said before, I never played any of the games, so I don't know if she spends time blatantly trying to show her ass off, but she does not strike me as the type to do so. That being said, she shows nothing if she stands normally

Probably one of the reasons why I love the winter so much. Precludes the "less clothes is better" meme normalfags love so much.

I know I'm hoping in vain, but I also hope my continued mentioning of that Re;Translation will reignite the spark within those who were working on porting it to the Vita. Seems as if new Nep stuff comes out every year…or has for a while, anyway. I don't want to have to wait for my new rig.

She is pure, don't worry. Also play Re;Birth 1, its translation is fine and you'll get a real introduction to the series
tfw those don't exist anymore. We need more people like Tiffany from huniepop in the world
tfw what you're describing is getting pretty close to what gets called a 'basic bitch' look of uggs + leggings/ not-skinny/mom jeans but I actually love that shit
Last time I saw that shit that was common was in high school, but my horny teenage self was blessed enough to be in a year filled with actually cute 3DPD
Meanwhile my little brother 2 years younger than me laments how ugly all of the girls in his year were, and they definitely fucking are

I don't believe that actually worked.

I would, but I don't want to be roadblocked by the lack of a proper R;B2 translation.

Or Compa.

Regarding how women these days wear those Uggs with their tight pants/leggings/etc., that's at least a step in the right direction–somewhat like the balance I was referring to with regard to Compa's legwarmers, just a debased version. It's so because they're not only frequently shorter than what'd properly provide the effect, but the portion covering the feet look quite flat, killing the soft look you'd get from rounder-/slightly bulkier-toed footwear (once again, exhibited to charming effect by Compa). For some reason, women only seem to like a pointed, angular, harder look these days–that includes their pants that are tight down to the ankle. That said, those mom jeans need to disappear. These sheeple are already bringing them back with their skinny jeans; even worse, they're doing it with booty shorts, in another ridiculous, vain attempt to appear sexy. Whether their pockets protrude or not, they definitely look like they're wearing diapers. What a world.

Sage for post deletion/reposting for editing.

We already fixed enough of the rebirth 2 and 3 translations to be serviceable though user?

Absolutely, which I'm already grateful for. The problem is that only R;B2 remains ungraced by your efforts toward Vita porting.

To put it clearly, if I were to pick up R;B1 and start playing, I'd end up stalled at the end of that game–unless I want to deal with the original "localization" or skip R;B2 for R;B3. That's already something I have no desire to do, but I've also already seen talk of this very thread regarding how R;B2 is not to be skipped.

Therefore, I will either await the Vita port or use what's been made once I build my rig in the future, which will surely be able to play the games (unlike what I have now).

That aside for a moment, pic related was once the nep I had the most interest in (long, beautifully styled blonde hair, blue eyes, busty…top tier combination). That was until an user opened my eyes, and made me realize that Compa would be far better suited to me. And, indeed, she is.

Forgot to uncheck the sage option. Ah, well.

Re;Birth 1 is a standalone technically user, its just a very good introduction into the series, so you could play it and not have to worry about losing anything by waiting until 2's translation works on the Vita aside from just your general anticipation to play the next Neptunia game. I'd recommend doing that

A tempting solution. I'll have to think about it.

Nigger just do it unless you already had a game waiting on your backlog that you're sure you wanted to play before Neptunia, trust me you'll have enough appreciation and context for the girls by actually playing the game rather than merely admiring them from a detached perspective until you wait for a Vita port that might be a little while in coming
Trust me user, you won't regret playing it, and you can post your progress and playthrough if you want in the next thread, as this one's about to hit bump limit
Your life will be better for it, trust me and I can say that from personal experience.I don't even wanna spoil how you'll feel, but you will enjoy yourself and be happy in ways only anons who have played a Nep game can express, now go play it

Is there a higher quality version of the Plutia "boing" song?

She doesn't try like that no, but the game treats all skirts as something to be looked up, and it's particularly blatant with Compa (hip swaying she does while in battle shows them a bit, and the end battle animation is literally her falling over with them on full display).

It's not a meme at least for Re;birth 1. Try leading with Spiral Break on a boss and it makes a clear difference in their ability to hit you or dodge attacks. Speed boosting can best be seen on Vert since it's a natural ability for her. Finally in the early game, life rings more than double your HP and make Compa an actual valid source of HP restoration.

Re;birth 1 barely ties to the other 2 games so you're actually safe to play RB3 afterwards. Plus it has Rei in all her adorably pathetic glory, and Plutia in all her cute but scary and dominating glory.

I'm enjoying these walls of text, and can't really complain since it ties to the aesthetics of a Nep.

So, it doesn't work in other ones. Damn.
I need to unlock some extra items/level up a little to end chapter two first, to actually see it.
Yes, I noticed Black Heart was just a breeze with these. I admit that her fight was rather long though.

Haven't played enough to confirm. In RB3 though you don't get life rings until later. Early game has the much weaker stamina ring. That one also attempts to limit EXE spamming, which is a serious balance concern in the first game.

Mind, in RB2, when you get to the first real boss fight, you'll quickly realize how important buffing.

It's Vert's EXE Drive. I use that as the example because it's particularly crippling (-AGI -TEC -LUK -MOV) and she's often the fastest character in the party so it's perfect to use as a first attack. Neptune gets Stat Multiplier (+VIT +MEN +AGI +TEC) later. Early game you'll have to do it with items though. Pay most attention to AGI since it means more opportunities to do stuff, and affects evasion.

Damage sponges are a bit of an issue early on sadly.

I will remember that.
This is why I want to unlock temporary stat boosting items first and symbol attack destroying enemies.
Also I need to level up a little more, because Compa doesn't manage to heal all damage from last boss in Chapter 2.

Does upgraded symbol attack gives you exp, items and money without fighting them anyway?

Your response is quite persuasive. I expect everything you say to be proven true, which is a problem in itself: I'm currently playing Dungeon Travelers 2, and after finding out that Alisa Heart's seiyuu voices my video game waifu, I've been stuck to that game–partially, as I've finally managed to apply the fan translation to FE: if, which, itself, stands likely to keep me from playing DT2 if I'm not careful (mind, I only have the time to play handheld games at/going to/returning from work). That is because I've wanted to play it for so long…but without that terrible "localization" (read: bastardization).

That being said, I've wanted to play Neptune since the very first game. The only reason why I didn't was because I didn't have the money at the time. By the time I did have it, other games took my attention, and I'd heard that it was unplayably badly designed; and the more I like a game/franchise, the more strictly I judge (and thus analyze and eventually criticize) it. Maybe I should order it, then, given how it's come before all these other games.

Yes, it sounds like she is still as pure as the user above said.

Perhaps so, but I do not wish to skip R;B2. When I first encountered Neptune, the series evoked high levels of interest in me–I always imagined that there was so much to enjoy. I now think there's much to miss from anything skipped. (Within reason, of course–if a Neptune rhythm game is developed and released, I won't have any interest, as that genre do not appeal to me at all.) Here is a question, though: do the games use each other's data in any way? For example, clear data, or anything found over the course of the game being used to influence the next. If that's the case, I would be compelled to stick to the Vita games.

What a shame, that I didn't know my words were regarded so. Had I known, perhaps I'd not have compressed my thoughts the way I did, or perhaps not as much; such abridgement made my thoughts fairly difficult to express in a manner I felt was acceptably coherent–on top of whatever else was impeding me at those times.

What's more, I feared my words would have less and less relevance to the series (particularly Compa). That said, the essence of my thoughts bears direct relation to Compa, because she is pretty much a perfect example of why I find the vast majority of women I come across today unappealing–or, at least, tremendously disappointing if they're already physically attractive. To compare Compa and these ovine modern women properly illustrates the decline of feminine beauty.

Finally, there is something I am keenly aware of. This is the Nep thread, not an extension of Holla Forums. (While I do agree with many things I hear there, I am not on board with all of it–"Everything in moderation", as is and has been said. I like to add "including moderation, when necessary".) I understand that my cultural commentary is only relevant through the aforementioned comparison, and is ultimately political at its core–of which I have no doubt, given Yuri Bezmenov's sagaciously accurate and precise predictions.

Even after deleting that post and double-checking for errors, I still managed to let one slip. I also forgot to sage–apologies.

My vocabulary and writing skill are two things I allow myself pride in, though I do not express it arrogantly. Humility is a virtue I have always hoped to pursue and adhere to.

Not actually sure, I never used the plan.

You aren't. You're delaying it until it's experienced in the best way.

No.

When people complain about Holla Forums it's mostly because of low effort throwaway posts that invade every goddamn thread. This is on a tangent to be sure but it's interesting and relates to why people like Neps, and you don't seem stupid enough to make it a constant blight.

It doesn't, it just gets rid of the enemy, which is good if you need to get an item from the early stage but don't want to deal with the doogoo's.

The decision has been made, then. I do look forward to finally–after so many years of waiting–jumping down this hole.

Duly noted. As for that topic, I'd not mind continuing at all, but I'd have to have an acceptably seamless way to segue back into it, or something to draw the thoughts back to the surface of my mind.

I should hope not, as I have come to have a very low level of tolerance for stupidity and, such being the case, I should also hope not to somehow cultivate it within myself.

Damn. Thanks for info.

I didn't know Jordan Peterson had an interest in nepping

Uh, there can be if I can find the source file and re-encode it.

Also this one is about dead, so new thread:

test