If Microsoft exits the console market. What will happen to Xbox one? What will replace the Xbox brand...

If Microsoft exits the console market. What will happen to Xbox one? What will replace the Xbox brand? Will Apple make a console after Microsoft?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/VuSAb
archive.is/bhPsk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The question is moot because it'll never happen

EOL.
Nothing.
Pippin existed in 1994, so there’s no after. Apple has never cared about video games, but the Apple TV and iOS devices are capable of doing last-gen console graphics already and have a very large game library.

Could they use XBOX brand for a pure wall-garden PC? Like Windows but you only have the Windows App store.

I wonder if they can even leave the console market. Would it be more expensive for them to stay in, or are they at least breaking even? If Microsoft weren't such stupid shits at almost everything that they do, I'd probably be a bit more sympathetic.

Not likely
Less likely are these kikes removing themselves off vidya.
Tech and digital entertainmment has been completely taken oven by retards who will buy anything and when Microsoft presents their newest locked down box with a new gimmick they'll surely buy it.

Steam machines will replace it instantly, by the virtue of filling the same niche but being more expensive. If the mining craze continues, those hunks of overpriced shit computer-consoles may actually be a decent competition to traditional consoles.

On one hand modern consoles are computers with wall garden OS. Just wondering if it'd be smart to make Microsoft Office for XBOX.

my pose

Nothing will. "Sonyntendomination" wasn't a meme.

What are you going to do? Play with a keyboard on your lap and a mouse on your couch?

Just you wait and see when all the faggots have their pcs turned into xboxes, and I who called it when the Xbone straight up just ran a branch of Windows 10
You think they couldn't do it but realistically there's nothing to stop them and they have way more to gain by permanently locking down their entire OS to this 8th generation shitPC horseshit

And if you think I'm kidding may I remind you the latest update to windows brought over the code for the VR platform they're using for young conker as a default part of ALL distrobutions, not just "Profreshonal" or other variants, and microsoft has near monopoly in the home computing market and would have next to no competitive loss by continuing to lock down windows

There's already versions of windows out that are incapable of running anything microsoft hasn't explicitly approved

You cuckolded faggots (not you, guy I’m quoting) didn’t believe Holla Forums when we warned you about this. You called us racist and used that as a cover to ignore Common Core. You called us sexist and ignored Bill Gates’ multi-billion dollar contributions to NGO and PMC contracts into the “gamification of education.” You ignored COINTELPRO because we said jews use it, and that’s antisemitic.
NOW SLEEP IN YOUR SHIT-COVERED BED.

Just post the shota

PC mustard race is a shitty reddit meme that needs to die. PCs are just as much, if not more of an ass rape over consoles. And if you stop counting decent games from several years ago PC is more of a nogames machine than xbone.

Going to piss in your coffee real quick and point out that currently, although it's likely to change when they catch on, currently you can buy prebuilts with the ram and GPU you want and flash the bios with something not shit.
And the shit with broken emulators is a mostly a modern issue legacy emulators are mostly immune to that shit.
And to an extension if you don't like the Case/mobo most of the parts can be removed if you aren't buying something like a piece of shit dell computer.

and when I say "buy a prebuilt with the ram and gpu you want" I mean "The price of the prebuilt will likely be less overall than the cost of the currently hyperinflated core components due to scalp- I MEAN TOTALLY LEGITIMATE CRYPTOCURRENCY MINING

Enjoy playing EDF, AC7 and MHW with framedrops up the ass.

It would be dead? I don't think Microsoft is so stupid as to just abandon it until a few more years when absolutely no one is buying it
Naming a new console is hard, just add 1 to the next version. If Microsoft leaves, then you have Nu-Atari I guess.
Thats retarded. Why would they do that if they already rake in money from their appstore/mobile?

this creature knows people are laughing at it

I'm not getting into the console war bullshit, but I just wanna say that EDF 4.1 and 5 both run extremely well on my PS4. The only time I remember getting frame drops in either is when some effect is really close to the camera, such as shooting a shield with a rapier or wading through stacks of hellfire in a robit, and that happens on PC as well.

If Microsoft leaves the market, there will just be two console makers.
There won't be a gap in the market, consoles have been on the decline for years and there isn't enough of a difference between Xbox and PlayStation to warrant a entirely new console manufacturer to enter if one of them went away.

That's not really the issue, no.

what are you talking about? Microsoft already exited the console market, when they released the XBone

This is why the Nintendo switch was such a hit. People see it has a handle or tablet instead of a Tablet

You're the issue.

The one saving grace to this is that fewer and fewer people are using PCs in favor of using pads and tablets.

Chances are they'd continue to rake their cash cows into the windows 10 store, and the windows 10 store would continue to be shit.

I wouldn't be surprised if they leave the market and try to take someone else down with them on the way out.

I haven't worked with a Dell that's past 2009, does anyone know if they're still using BTX motherboards or did they find a more bullshit way of having hardware DRM? I'm convinced that they have it. I recently tried applying a firmware update to a card reader I took out of a Dell and used in a build for someone else. Now it doesn't work anymore. I think by doing that I activated some kind of self-destruct Dell put in because I had the audacity to think parts were interchangeable.

If Microjew leaves the nips would rule the market indefinitely.

Nigger I played 4.1 on a PS4 before the game came out on PC, who are you trying to fool?
Just try blowing up a single building and you'll end up from a solid 60 to 38 in 2 seconds.

There's always only been two major consoles, and a third that struggles to do well before disappearing. It used to be Nintendo and Sega, then Sony showed up and offed Sega console. Now it's Nintendo and Sony, and MS is trying to butt in, and it's not working. They had one successful console out of three.

My guess is that Xbox will get one more generation of hardware, only because it's backed up by MS which has a ton of money.

There's always one clear winner, one clear runner up, and then one or more struggling consoles that never make it.

All scalpers need to be shot to death.

It is. You have no justification for your dismissal of learning about the source of the problems within the video game industry, unless of course your goal is to not actually learn what’s wrong and to not stop it from happening…

Except we're talking about the streetshitter box programmed by pajeets.
Step it up Sempai

Still better than the alternative.

Fuck I just noticed that

By the company founded by the guy behind one of the sources of the problems within the video game industry. Stop acting like a nigger and get some critical thinking skills.

You mean the guy that sold the company, to street shitting pajeets. Who isn't tied with the company anymore after taking half the assets and leaving.
I mean debatably we could get into whether or not after having stepped down from any actual administrative role in the company if he still influences it, but that's less relevant to the poo in the loo coders that up until then had worked with a call center for cold calling scams.

Oh, okay. You said so; that makes it true, I guess. Yeah, there’s not a goddamn thing to see here, goyim. Ignore that Windows and Xbox as platforms have continued to move in the direct that Gates pointed them (and continues to work toward “outside the company”); that’s just pure coincidence, right? Mhmm. Sure.
archive.is/VuSAb
THIS IS THE FUTURE YOU CHOSE.

you retarded faggot, did you not read the first posts I made in this thread?

I didn’t care, because that’s not inherently relevant to OUR discussion. And now that I have, you’ve outed yourself. You’re trying to shut down anyone saying the same thing as you? Pretty telling.

It's Roll, a robot, she can't feel anything and there is no shit to get on your dick.

Oh my god you're actually retarded

Thanks for playing. Enjoy the bed you’ve made.

You take that back.

Robot lives matter,asshole

Simulated response.

The same could be said of humans,it's just a response.

I mean to say it's just acting.

how is something so massive supposed to stay stable in your couch without leaning forward and falling, i call bs

But if they have a "pleasure" state programmed to respond to certain stimulation, then that's exactly how we work as humans.

The Xbox One is selling more than the 360 did at this point in the 360's life cycle. The Xbone definitely isn't the success it could have been provided microsoft avoided all the stupid moves they did, but I think they have too much interest to capture the console gaming audience and won't give up after a generation that didn't meet projected expectations.

also,
>implying the PC isn't microsoft's console :^)

Here it is, controller sold separately.

Except that consoles are just game/entertainment consumption machines, while PCs are productivity/creation machines. You can't shackle a PC to being a consumption only/primarily device without sacrificing productivity. Microsoft still does most of their business through corporate licenses - and I really doubt many accounting offices are going to like having their office PCs turned into Xboxs - or having their employees home computers being a totally different operating system in practice, requiring specialized training in actually useful operating systems because they have no otherwise exposure to user administrated production machines.

But yeah, they are working an extremely cut-down console-like Windows experience that's intended to be run on other devices (phones, TVs, tablets, etc) and will also be baked into future Windows 10 updates as a means to unify the Xbox One & PC interfaces and provide a competing service to Steam's Big Picture Mode.

No idea. I'm still using an old Dell Dimension 2400 case circa 2005. It's MicroATX, or at least MicroATX compatible.

I don't know what to tell you then. Shit just works on my machine.

apple made one before microsoft

The remote has gyroscope functionality and a touchpad, so it’s already better than the steamtroller or DS4.

Online compatibility will eventually cease, gutting a large part of the console's functionality. Barring third-party support, the XBONE will become a shell of its current self, in terms of functionality.
The market group that Xbox currently panders to will probably shift to Sony, if no replacement company moves into the console market in their place. I'm hard-pressed to think of a company, barring MAYBE Valve, that could feasibly replace it.
As mentioned before, given the flop that was the Pippin, in combination with Apple's dominance of the Mobile market, they have no reason to enter the console market at the moment.

The one on the right seems cute.

Cute enough to kill

with my dick

That thing has a wound on its crotch.

nevermind

With a barbed wired dick maybe

But Microsoft already sells much better gaming machines than the XBone.

They already tried with the Pippin, that shit crashed and burned hard. Plus they already have the mobile "gaming" market locked down tight.

Apple has a more robust, more profitable, and more popular gaming platform than Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony combined.

For the same reason that Alfa Romeo doesn't feel the need to make a competitor to Hot Wheels cars.

I hope Apple keeps milking the mobile cows and sticks to it so they don't bring their stink anywhere else.
They're all subhumans

Where’ve you been “brother”?

Jesus christ, it's like that dude from that kung fu movie whose head exploded, but real.

Why should anyone want a repalcement, when a pc only market with rampant piracy and everything crackeable is the perfect scenario?

I'm assuming we're moving toward a Switch/HD-output phone setup in the next 10 years and the PlayStation and XBox will either become phones/handhelds or disappear entirely anyways.
If they do exit the console market, it's to make a gaming tablet/phone thing.

But user, haven't you heard that consoles are on the verge of extinction? Any moment now. Only a matter of weeks, maybe months, at most a few years and they'll be gone. Just like PC gaming died as it was predicted by hordes of faggots everywhere. All is DOOMED, abandon all hope, the end is nigh.
Don't believe statistics showing constant growth, blatant lies THEY want you to believe. You don't want to play into THEIR hands, right? Just make a the end is nigh sign or buy one, I know a good supplier whose work is praised among all apocalyptic cults I've ever been in and wave it around like all the other true believers.
THE END IS NIGH 2018 - THIS TIME IT'S NOT A JOKE

Console hardware sales are stagnating user
Why do you think Nintendo is adding paid online and Amiibo?
Why do you think Sony has added forced online and no backwards compat?
The PS4 is about the same price as the PS2 and it hasn't even reached PS3 level of sales yet.

See, everyone? That's the spirit! Completely ignore all signs THEY put up for the PS4 to surpass the PS2 lifetime sales long before the next gen even starts and the atrocious Xbone still selling better then the preceeding 2 arguably 3 if including the Dreamcast MS consoles.
Do it like him and believe, for The End Is Nigh!

What signs?
PS2 had already sold 85 Mil at this point in time.
But thats a lie, it sold about the same as the 360, you're a fucking idiot.
archive.is/bhPsk

If the thread wasn't bumplocked and soon dropping off the board I might put some effort into proving how you talk like a fag and your shits all retarded but with things being as they are, I'll just congratulate (You) for the unwavering faith demonstrated here.

WEW

36 million Xbones are more than 28 million 360s, fellow shitposter. REEE more.