Extra Credits is spreading the

Video trying to justify jewish practices in vidya, like microtransactions, lootboxes and day 1 DLCs:
hooktube.com/watch?v=VhWGQCzAtl8

Yes, this about the channel we all like and love, Extra Cucks Credits. They do have a sizeable influence over some of the gaming community (or at least over self-proclaimed gamers), so I think this issue is a bit of a concern. The main person behind EC, James Portnow, is a professional in the game industry, and as it has been proven time and time again, the game industry is a gigantic ciclejerk.

Portnow seems to be using Extra Credit to convince people that money-grabbing practices in videogames are totally justified, and that the increased cost in AAA production is due to inflation and the games getting better (what's the last AAA that was even worth $60? I certainly don't remeber it), and it's definitely not huge marketing campaigns what have drove the costs up.

I do think we should push back against this attempt to drive the cost of games even higher, without increasing their actual quality. We may not usually care much about redditors and EC fans, but if the opinion of this groups is changed, companies like EA and Ubisoft will manage to drive up the price of games, and that affects us all. Please consider leaving a dislike in the video or comment explaining why vidya should NOT be more expensive and money-grabbing practices are not legitimate.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=UgrzyEREq00
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't even have a YouTube account.

Wow OP, I really totally give a fuck about extra faggots and the nonsense they spew.

Kill the normalfags. Thats the answer.

I guess they are trying to earn few Extra Credits.

You'll do if the consumers are convinced that games should be $75.

They are pushing the narrative that "games cost more now" and therfore "studios need more sources of revenue, like lootboxes". Remeber Star Wars Battlefront II, the 2005 version? Well, now compare it with the new one. Would you rather have companies producing pure shit or good new games? If the public opinio is convinced that big jewish companies should try to get as much money out of their costumers pockets as posible, good new games may never see the light of day.

We'll just get more EA Battlefronts to replace the Pandemic Battlefronts.

Sadly, no one seems to be telling them otherwise, and many are swalloing that lie. Which will mean more Overwatch, more Fallout 4 and the like.

Try the GG thread, if you make it past their shitposting.

Games being more or less expensive isn't gonna make them better, and you shouldn't be buying them anyway.

It's animated?

Interesting how the video doesn't address these games' huge marketing budgets, not to mention other ways in which they could reduce costs, such as reusing assets in order to avoid paying extra people to produce more content.

"Games are becoming too expensive to make" is really just another way of saying, "It is not profitable to make multi-billion dollar AAA experiences" and that problem can be solved by cutting down on all the bullshit, such as voice acting, marketing, whatever the fuck community managers and other business types do, and other game related bullshit like huge and empty maps and incredibly scripted and cinematic scenes that cost more to produce than the fucking game engine itself.

Loot boxes are a shitty way to try and wring more out of someone's pocket. Most every new kind of monetary strategy has potential to be abused, so when he says that we won't have to "tolerate predatory practices" it seems like he's ignoring that fact.

Fuck EC, why do they still have an audience?

Shitty indie devs. I've seen many people who want to make indie games watch their videos even though the vast majority of their videos only apply to AAA games.

You're right. Video games have never been cheaper to produce and distribute. They spend huge bucks on fancy bells and whistles like celebrity voice acting and face mapping while completely avoiding any kind of effort in developing story and gameplay. They claim that production costs have skyrocketed, but the cost of digital distribution is virtually negligible compared to the old days of mass-producing CDs and cartridges and shipping them out.

Games cost more because companies will it into existence. They don't have an iota of knowledge as to what actually makes a product great or the pitfalls of the development cycle, they only understand marketing and financial analysis.

who coulda guessed!
I like how all the females are fat and dumpy and all of the avatars are a different race, I think he covered literally every nationality on the globe. Faggots.

Nobody likes GG. They a cesspool of useless fucks worshiping pozzed individuals. Muh based

There was a time before that was the case, the initial responses remain solid litmus tests.
Seems like ExtraCredits were also bernouts, is that a better reason to call them faggots?

>(((Extra Credits)))
Isn't the writer for this a guy who only worked on vidya abortions and never pushed a single fucking game out of the door?

check em

Those young kids also seem to be getting unintentionally raised to think that those F2P micro transactions in mobile games should be the norm for proper console games. (Eg, why can't you buy more healing items/lives with REAL money in this console game, type of stuff).

I remember hearing the same thing, like he was basically hired as some sort of "emergency" designer hired on games that needed help getting finished, which gets even more suspicious when that role supposedly doesn't even get their name in the credits/has to keep it confidential (to apparently not make the developer/publisher look bad).
Mr Portnow, what games have you worked on?
I can't tell you, it's a secret.
How can anyone not read that and think, this guy seems a bit off? There tons of other past game designers/programmers/etc out there willing to teach/talk about game dev and their experience making said games and yet the world gets stuck with Portnow who could just be making it up as he goes along.

I seriously don't know how did I like those fags back in the day.

Someone should post "the we're running out of air internet" webm at around this point. Unless the person who had it saved left this place altogether.

We need datacaps because the air's bandwidth is being used up.
It's true because extra credits says so.

That one is actually true… well, was actually true. They just stopped using binary and turned to analog, since todays devices can work with a much higher resolution. The problem no longer exists; technology has solved it for us.

Pfft. Uh, wow. Don't you want to like, make games that are good duder? How are you going to make Call of Duty with your mom's allowance? Ell em ay oh.

So why worry about it and try to mitigate it now if we both still have time to fix it and can simply adapt to it when it actually hits?

I recallseing the EC video a while ago and asking my father (who works on this kind of stuff, I don't really know anything about it). I remeber TVs somehow being changed, and everyone having to buy new antenas or cable TV. Apparently, it was related to this issue, the spectrum crunch, and it was a measure implemented to free more air bandwith. I think the radio spectrum was also dimished. If you are interested in the topic, google "spectrum crunch", cause I'm afraid I don't know much about it.

The only remotely valid point made in the video is that game costs have not kept up with inflation. Beyond that, it's pretty much a load of hot air.

The thing that triggered me watching this was that there was no mention of any actual economics, which is kind of a problem when you're talking about economic shit like the price of AAA games.
The cheaper games thing, for instance, isn't so much conditioning as it is a shift of the supply curve (digital distribution's new popularity and ease of use slashing overhead costs) driving the equilibrium price downward, thus moving actual prices downwards due to the fact that prices tend toward equilibrium.

Can you believe how sexist and racist he is for only drawing white males!

They defended day 1 dlc in the past, nothing new.

Arent there like multiple versions of this channel? I could have sworn I saw some pseudo scientific video in the same format as this and a few ((gender equality)) videos. Found it hooktube.com/watch?v=UgrzyEREq00

That's certainly also worth pointing out. As well as stagnation of graphical quality meaning that current-gen graphics should get steadily easier, and thus cheaper to replicate, theoretically driving down costs for studios in the coming years, barring an increase in the standard for graphical quality.

Reminder to never fucking listen to these guys
>OY VEY WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF S P A C E I N T H E A I R FOR THE INTERNET

Why do kikes keep saying the production cost of video games has gone up? It has only gone down.

we need more money goyim

I wish we actually ran out of bandspace in the air so phonefags fucked off and died.

that voice is the most homosexual shit i've heard in years. holy shit. i kept expecting him to go "like, totally honey!". ffs. if he's edited his voice it's still just as bad because that would mean he intentionally made it sound gay.

Are they using a program like goanimate or something? Seeing as this video is similar to EC

That particular guy uses Adobe Flash, but honestly, they could use just about anything. The "animation" in EC is a slideshow, so all you'd really need is a program that allows you to edit sound and still images together.