Monster Hunter /mhg/

MH PSP DOWNLOADS

Freedom Unite: mega.nz/#!87AwmQDD!NlXnMcsIhAliHovCHVvySkY1yo5Zlw3cj4ffUGm9I2w
Portable 2nd G: mega.nz/#!FvomDA7Y!7rYPTlPjbRU_UkX2qVbPEii2zxSID_dAWYdO01XhmsI
Portable 3rd HD for PPSSPP (English Patched): mega.nz/#!gMAyUBKb!6Bm8addRpDx9g2GgShKjSeLi3RuGatEp1gEeMBy_BWk

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic in the OP with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
archive.is/I0DyY
volafile.io/r/HF33Go
archive.is/P94GE
imgur.com/gallery/L6it7
clips.twitch.tv/HungryObeseSagePRChase
clips.twitch.tv/OptimisticVenomousOtterPanicBasket
monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHW:_Specialized_Tools
hooktube.com/watch?v=lhpBzFXl9uI
poal.me/dqnf5w
archive.fo/slMra
twitter.com/Apexg4ming/status/956964039527149569
mobile.twitter.com/Apexg4ming/status/956964039527149569
disagreement.gg/GdAADT
please
archive.is/5bAF6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

First for what the fuck were they thinking when they decided to let players access their main storage/item box from the camp during quests?

look the game was too hard before, and this is letting a whole new generation experience monster hunter™! Now make sure to subscribe to see all future great content and get your Monster Hunter™ Funko Pops!™. Get Ready to Hunt Fellow Hunter™!

Perfect to go with the infinite farcasters just casual is this fucking game?

Thats like the third time ive seen that pinecone as OP's picture.
Its like as if he only has 5 pictures in his MH folder and cant bother or even has the mental capacity to use more.

I bet that was a corporate decision. Appealing to retards can never go well, especially if that feature is kept in HR. I always wanted a MH like world but some of its new features are downright retarded and appeal to the lowest kind of people.
Do you guys think MH will ever go back to the way it was?

that webm is HR

Capcom really wanted this to sell, didn't they?

If you take XX and just ignore the arts, does it become a good game?

Im still going to get the game and I am not going to let any frenchie shitter ruin it for me
I had too much fun with the demo to just drop the game along with the fact that MHW had eveything I wanted out of a MH game for a while except for the casualization
I'm not sorry about this either, I just think the game is too fun to pass up

No, the game's too built around them, the style system is god awful too.

Ah a fellow hunter! This really is shaping up to be the best monster hunter ever, and don't let the horrible design choices, or frequent bugs ruin it for you! You should buy every game because it has your franchise on it and therefore it's fun! If you don't show love to your franchise they won't make them anymore, so that's why you need to buy the bad games!
Truly this is a Monster Hunter game for a new generation!

What exactly do you want out of it that it's delivering on other than "it's HD"

Well he certainly didn't like the combat because that got butchered from other MH games. Itemization is gone too. Monster AI got gutted so that's not it. Challenge is gone so that can't be it. Planning is gone… what else even is there. Every gameplay aspect got made worse so those are out. Map design got shit on.

So yeah it's because it's HD or he's a massive fan of the gunlance and wants to play the game when it's not the lowest damage weapon, too bad it's the worst game so far.

I agree, but it's better than the same mhw images from journalist promo kits that kept being used.

Any game that has to give you a floating guide or waypoints or a compass that automatically points you where you need to go is not worth playing. The only reason to have those things is if you are making your game for people who are completely incapable of thinking. Imagine being so incredibly stupid that you cannot walk more than five steps without going "um where am i supposed to go??? this game sucks!!!"

Arekkz is streaming the full release if anyone want to put the "IT'S JUST A DEMO" things like damage and challenge and such.

I just really like all of the new additions except for the casualization and free shit everywhere, everybody can agree thats shit, mounting seems easier too but I guess that lies under casualization too. I think the new monsters seem well designed and fun to fight from what I tried from the demo and other gameplay. The seamless maps are incredibly cool to explore and hunt around in. I dont give a shit about graphics, I play videogames for the gameplay and the movement and weapon changes were incredibly enjoyable to play around with. The in game wiki is useful to have too.
This game has quite a bit of issues but is still playable and enjoyable for me, my nature and animal loving autism and the demo pretty much sold the game for me.
The handler still looks like a fucking jew though

so you actually don't care about those things at all and are just using it as an excuse to justify your hype over a bad game? Because honestly the monster interactions in world are only a step above a JRPG

Come on be reasonable user. You are using that point to completely disregard the rest of my post. I literally explained pretty much everything I thought about the game there and you only care about the fact that I think animals and dragons are fucking cool. Thats one of the reasons I got into MH in the first place and the gameplay sold me.
Its not like as if I am some golden boy who has a perfect taste in games or anything. The last game I bought from nintnendo was XenobladeX and I had 248 hours of fun with the game, despite all the shit Holla Forums said about the game.

If you really loved nature and ecosystems you would know that the first two games for the PS2 appeal to this aspect of the series the most of any of the entries and certainly far more than the cinematic fantasy environments of world, and the more recent games too perhaps.
I mean, the intro movie to MHPS2 is practically straight out of a Walking With Dinosaurs episode and you're saying that it's MHW of all games that tickles your nature autism? Frankly it's kind of starting to sound like a new shilling angle after hearing this same argument repeated several times now. I'd rather give you the benefit of the doubt, but if it's really nature and not something more straightforward like fantastic landscapes or sick grafix that are appealing to you I'm inclined to call bullshit.

I know I shouldn't, but I still want it.

I still think, for all the terrible tweaks, that it's better than anything on the fucking 3ds god fucking damn it my hands and fingers are so cramped

Think about it however you want, but stalking the monsters during the demo and watching them do their daily routine was quite interesting for me. There is kind of an ecosystem in the game where you arent the only thing that matters, monsters are doing their own thing and you are only a part of whats going on, not to mention the even smaller monsters such as birds, dung beetles, lizards, spiders, etc. It want even in an intro movie, its modern technology.
You said that the intro movie to MHPS2 was like walking with dinosaurs? Well I actually walked around with an anjanath for 20 minutes and saw it sneeze on rocks, ate apotonohs, drank water, etc. I did the same for kulu ya ku and I saw that it picked up an egg from a nest and started walking back it its own nest while carrying the egg, but it was caught by the barroth and it knocked the egg out of the kulu ya ku's hands, breaking it. They do have fairly simple programming instructions but how they do their own thing simulates a basic ecosystem quite nicely.

It's especially annoying because he was linked to image dumps on /monhun/ before, with several hundred different pics, and he still uses the pinecone or the narga for most of the threads.

French muslim DSP already streamed it though. He used CB too, which is what Arekkz usually uses, so we'll be seeing the same ultraburst spam gameplay we already did. The only difference is that instead of hearing someone telling us how much he loves the Chinese, we'll hear someone telling us how much he loves Capcom and saying we should all buy some poptarts.
The french retard managed to breeze through the entire game, even High-rank, using mostly LR armor. Despite wearing LR armor, monsters did fuck all for damage to him, he constantly had the full heal bugs swarming him for free heals, every fucking time he'd cart he'd eat another meal, restock on ancient/max potions, and anything else he needed. By the end of it, he had completely run out of max and ancient potions, and was stuck restocking on nutrients for increasing his max HP. Not that it mattered much, he still had the swarms of full heal bugs on demand, even fighting HR Elder Dragons. Even fighting the final boss of HR.

Can I get those imagedumps?

>>>/monhun/211
>>>/monhun/541

why does best monster have least amount of art for him?

nercylla is a woman and you can't tell me otherwise

he is a man and you're a faggot otherwise

she is a woman and you're actually straight-up gay if you intend to delude yourself into fantasizing that spider gf is a dude

he isn't a she and you're super homosex if you think you can trick me into thinking otherwise tbh

I wanna fuck that spider

Why?
Out of all the wonderful monster lewds you had to post that one didnt you?

it's all part of my trap hehehe…

She isn't a he and you literally couldn't be more of a gayboy if you'd for a second think otherwise. Stop trying to make nerscylla transition

==HE== couldn't be more of a ==HE== if ==HE== tried you double gaygirl tbh

she
is a beautiful spiderlady just the way
she
is and would never change that for someone who can't even redtext
she
thinks you swing the other way

oh yeah? well………

==EXPLAIN== this image! heh….. I thought not triple gaygirl…..

clearly, that's nerscylla's mom and dad.

Me too

with (you) being the mom right? well if you like girls so much why don't you become one then gaygirl

HEH

Can we stop this?

I really like how all the weapons and monsters handle in World, but the itemization really kills it for me.
It seems like it's just going to be RPG BiS stuff rather then mixing up your own sets for what you want based off of charms you found. Especially now that there's no more gem slots.
Granted that's not any different then what happened in Generations and it had the classic system.

Gem slots exist on high rank armor.

Must've been a different OP, since I didn't even know there WAS a /monhun/. Totally scavenging to fill out my folder though, thanks!

Not just easier, but shit too. There's no meter like in other titles and it's hard to tell if you're bracing or attacking because of the camera. MH4u had it right with their monster icon over the meter. Also, IT TAKES FOREVER TO TAKE THEM DOWN WHEN MOUNTING. WHYYYY
Mounting just sucks now and I want to avoid it. This ruins the game for me because mounting was such a fun part of the equation.

I generally agree with you, but not on the action. I might abstain from buying it. Maybe if it looks better than I thought it would be and the the casualization scare wasn't all it was cracked up to be, I'll buy it. Until then I think the ideal position to take is not buying till the product proves itself. Wouldn't it be nice?
and if any of you pre-ordered in current year, you need to hang.

If anyone ever buys the first release of a MonHun instead of waiting for the G/Ultimate version, they ought to hang.

You can dismount by just pressing x dingleberry

MY WEAPON IS BETTER THAN YOUR WEAPON

Nuh huh.

your weapon is the only one I haven't even tried

I'm the user that was trying out GL last thread.
To the user last thread that told me to use side hops to evade more often: thanks. GL is fun now Still hard to git gud at but fun none-the-less.

You have to brace when the screen turns reddish.
And your right that mounting takes a god damn century to do, its expecially annoying when a monster decides to run away while your teammate is on its back and then it turns into a wild goose chase. I dont know what the lead devs were thinking, maybe MH was ALWAYS bound to end up like this, maybe THIS game was their actual dream project to make. But im just looking for excuses now. I hope the game redeems itself in some way along the way.

Do you know where I can buy some quality rope?

There user, you just mastered gunlance.

20 minutes of gameplay from that Arekkz guy who gets all the good footage from mhw somehow.

Jesus fucking christ why is the handler so fucking god damn ugly?

She might get better with the jap voice over. At least the lips will be synced then.

Its because shes Jewish

Saving wyvern's fire until only when the monster is down is less effective than using it when you have smaller openings while it's still up. When it's down is a far longer opening than you need for WF, and also a chance to be attacking its weakest points with your thrusting attacks easily. Usually monsters will be open long enough for WF during some attacks, taunts, or some other movements, and learning these openings is very useful for GL. If you're only using WF when it's down, you'll never press yourself into learning these openings. I'd recommend a newer GL user to try using it as often as possible, so they can get a good feel for its timing and then learn how to more effectively use it. Secondly, "blast its face" is bad advice. WF does flat damage based on shot level and type that completely ignores weapon raw, sharpness, monster defense, hitzones, and other damage modifiers (except for artillery and that one food skill, bombardier I think). This means you should be attacking either something you want to be breaking, and if not, anything large enough to be hit by the full blast - WF isn't a single high-damage hit, but actually a lot of separate hits. Just dump the WF into its torso, you'll be more likely to get the full damage, whereas depending on your positioning and the size of the monster in question you might end up missing a hit on the head. There's no reason to be aiming WF at its head, other than getting the head break.

>clip
This depends on the shot type, and personal preference. If you're normal shot you should probably be doing the full burst relatively more often, because it's much stronger and more time efficient than doing multiple individual shots, and normal gets bonus damage on it. If you're wide you shouldn't be using it at all, and for long it's more of personal preference. It's not as strong as on normal, but not completely useless like on wide. I prefer long shot so I rarely full burst, but with normal it can be great for getting breaks or dumping a shitload of damage in an instant.

It's because he's an actual shill. Capcom's granted him some exclusive news and behind the scenes info, he was given more chances to play the demos at one of the expos than anyone else so he could make videos on each weapon, he got to do a hunt with some Capcom employees and apparently has some ties to them, and he was given an exclusive interview with some of the developers.

I'm officially, unofficially not approaching this as a Monster Hunter game, but instead as a fancy, new adventure game where you fight monsters. I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy/like what I see through this new lens.
aka I'm lowering my standards while I wait for another real MH

Thats kind of what I did too, except I think of it as a spinoff and not a mainline game
Once you see it like that World looks pretty good

if it's successful there will be no more real Monster Hunter games see

Come on now you can't make everyone a shill. Youtubers do this all the time but that doesn't make them a shill. The ones who bring in the views almost always get extra coverage priviledge.

Seconding this advice. the only thing I'd kinda fill in the gaps with in my explanation would be to be very mindful of the other players. the GL has a nice lead in charge to shot which is a nice way to bridge the gap between you and the monster, however you gotta have your head on a swivel, as other players love to run just behind you when you're coming into the fray. I've had many a player get delay blasted away when I run in, fire, and they come up behind and swing past me, into my shot's decaying animation.

To avoiding being "that guy", it's wise to either shield poke into firing (puts your shots higher, so people on the other side of the monster don't get blased), or using the X+A upswing, then firing (higher angle, clears all friendlies that aren't airborne near you). you can further work this into your moveset by doing x,x,x+a,a,r+x,r+x,x+a,a. repeat for your shots as time allows. I prefer normal shot gunlances, and rely more on poking than the shots. for me, the shots is what keeps my poke combo going, or to stagger a monster on the legs. your enemies are your allies. avoid being around LSs, IG, DSs, SNS users who insist on shield bashing, CBs, and SAs. if they're in the group, be wary of their placement at all times, and try to stay on the other side of the monster if you can. GL and lance have the lowest resistance to being tripped from behind, and when a monster goes down, they all wanna spam their ultimate attacks. get in the way, and you'll be on your knees the whole duration. That's why capcom thought to gift us with shells. everyone will tell you how bad the shells are in this game, yet no one notices that since it bypasses all resistances, it's great for being in areas where no one likes to attack. that means you can be consistently on the damage, without getting in anyone's way for stuns or hit and runs.

If you wanna play sometime, just post up a room, and if I'm around, I'll join.

Considering the way he endlessly fellates World and Capcom, refuses to acknowledge anything as being even remotely negative, and conveniently just so happens to forget to mention things that might cause controversy (for example, not mentioning that HBG's Siege mode was completely removed while still claiming it feels just like it always used to feel, only more "fluid"), when combined with the amount of "privileges" Capcom is giving him, makes me highly question his honesty and legitimacy, and whether or not he may have some deeper ties than he lets on. Everything about him screams shill to me.

They are gonna sell pretty skins for her.

So who of you will make some abominations?

the character creator at least seems pretty good

Why everyone streaming the review copy suck so much?

Oh gee, user. It really is quite the mystery, huh? :^)

Because sucking cock is how they got the review copy.

not that i don't think casuals and twitchfags would eat this up and make it profitable for capcom themselves, but you fags aren't really any different from them now.
at least man up and admit you like eating shit instead of doing the "i like it but it's not real mh" defense.

I don't think anyone has mentioned the fact that there's going to be a harder difficulty released post-launch.
I don't know if it's going to affect gameplay or just be a simple scale up on stats, but I could see it be the former, just to appeal to the existing MH fanbase.

Probably not though

Substantiate your claims.

Because no one's heard such a statement. Source?

Hold on I can't quite remember where I heard it from but I'm going to see if I can find the source

Alright so it seems that it was someone talking about G rank being released post launch but there doesn't seem to be any official information regarding that so I'm just going to assume they were talking out their ass

There was a statement, that it's not planned yet, same thing they said with Generations/X and we ended up getting XX later. archive.is/I0DyY
Also
Except Teostra looks like a complete fucking joke, his powder doesn't even explode anymore and he whiffs attacks like crazy, Kusha's wind aura is much weaker too.

b-but it's just a Full release they'll patch it!
just like they patched every other monster hunter game, just ignore that they left bugs from the older versions when they made the G-rank ones.

Arrekz said stuff excactly like that.
Its a no brainer given that every other MonHun got a G-rank release.
I never heard about anything trying to appeal to the "former" mh fanbase, by that do you mean us which everyone else just calls elitists? Because everybody else loves the games, including the journalists giving it very high reviews.

That's what I was implying yes. Some people also say "veterans". It all means the people who already played and enjoyed MH before this mass marketing campaign

Most likely. If G Rank happens, it's likely to be more than a year after initial launch too, since Tsujimoto's team is supposedly working on the PC port themselves rather than outsourcing, so they'll likely be busy with that.

Well, at least there's that rumor finally put to rest.

Except Portable 3rd ;_;

Yeah, they've been wholly ignoring us in favor of the crowd that's either ignored or outright hated Monster Hunter in the past. For some reason, suits never learn that this doesn't work.

This is the most fair review for MHW ive seen yet.
Although it judges the game by itself and doesn't compare it to previous games in the franchise.

you have better chances posting it on reddit instead on a thread about monster hunter with people playing monster hunter since the before it got bandwagonned by fags.
people will judge it as a monster hunter game since that's what they're calling it and they marketed it as the franchise going forward.
i don't think people would have as much problem here if this was a fucking spinoff like mega man and mega man x, but we all know how that turned out.

I pirated Freedom Unite on my PSP some time ago, the European version, and then after getting burned out I deleted it to make space for more games
the thing is that I lost my backup copy and any new ISO I download wont read my save for some reason, the save is still there but I cant find a compatible copy, I dont remember where I got the original ISO I used, I think it was Nicoblog, but FU isnt there anymore

I fucked up big time

No.

I've got a copy saved of the EU one. give me a good file host group (would use mega, but for the life of me can't remember my password ie:probably uses special characters and uppercase shit)

Looking at a low amount of monsters, even including the ones that have been promised at a future date, it doesn't stack up well vs any relatively-recent MH without G-rank aside from Tri.

Shit like this makes me want to start a YT channel to make a series of reviews for over-hyped or over-rated games. I constantly have thoughts of names like "Why it's bad: Monster Hunter World" "Why it's bad: Bioware".
I can't find any edgy reviewers that really dig into games and fans alike for being bullshit and/or stupid. Like how people CONSTANTLY praised shadow of war™ even though it was objectively shit. Nobody ever talks about shills and how pre-order hyping ruins this industry.

That's it? Those are all the monsters? What the fuck else are we supposed to hunt? The pretty new grass?
Will this game have no armor/weapon/build diversity?

We also have a list of female armors and skills that someone's gone through, I'm going to have to embed it because the webms are coming out at 60-140 megs. Here's female low-rank armor.

Here's high rank.

Just dump it on the vola. volafile.io/r/HF33Go

maybe mediafire?

Emuparadise don't work anymore? I heard coolrom went to shit but I haven't been there in a while.

Thanks for the link. seems seedy, and I had to allow whatever HM Customs and Excise through peerblocker to get it up and running, but eh. it's an old game, so I doubt anything will come of it.

just to get your attention.

d-mhf2u.iso @ volafile.io/r/HF33Go
Happy huntings

Gaijin Hunter just uploaded a review.
He says "This game may not have a huge monster roster compared to some of the past 3DS games, but the monsters and hunts are a heck of a lot more detailed and dynamic. And there are a few new systems that they have in place to ensure replayability…there's some good end-game content"
Now I'm not sure what to think. Again. Every fucking day it's a seesaw with this shit.

He also said the story will take a good amount of time to complete "50 to 75 hours"

I am willing to bet 90% of the people shutting on this cake bought a switch in anticipation for the new MonHun and are BTFO it's on ps4 and PC. This is the only place other than Nintendo forums and gamefags I see shitting on this game. The general vibe across the entire spectrum of Monster Hunter communities is this game looks amazing.

Enjoy your sour grapes nintoddlers.

I am a bit conflicted too. Huge roster is nice and brings variety, as long as it doesn't get 4u syndrome where everyone only hunts 2 of the monsters at end game.
Also p3rd is one of my most enjoyed games and it doesn't have huge roster either.

But this game has other problems too so we will see.

Who in their right mind? Mhw was announced for ps4 the first time.
Not even gonna give you a (you) incase you're baiting. Eat shit retard.

Okay if you're dumb enough to believe what gaijinhunter says about anything, you should buy the game because you lack any taste or critical thinking.

Cuckshed Hunter would do or say absolutely anything for the game that he's the "content creator" for to have "mainstream approval" and maybe people wouldn't want to spit on him in the streets.

well obviously if you weren't a butthurt nintoddler you'd understand that having full access to storage during a hunt and effectively being unable to run out of healing items is actually a good thing because it stops the game from being hard, which is only something elitists care about

No one is forcing you at gunpoint to play like a casual, user. You should not be playing with people who do that anyway.

thanks man, hope this one works out

It is clear casualization, but I don't even remember last time I ran out of potions.

Every day someone new comes out about this game that makes me more depressed and angry, It honestly makes me appreciate Frontier a lot more.

She's a spider and given her size it would be a female, male spiders are tiny compared females.

DLC monsters and hunts have already been confirmed, Jho is a free DLC but Capcom has confirmed MHW will have paid DLC so they're probably locking half the roster behind a paywall.

Guys, don't worry all the rampant casualization can be turned off. Just don't move while shooting a ranged weapon, and just don't use styles they're not that good guy… wait sorry got the two horrible games that people use the same argument for.

I don't remember hearing anything about paid DLC. Care to give source on that?

It's not like I'm going to take him at his word. I just assume most people are of a healthy enough mind to not blatantly lie, so maybe he actually believes what he's saying. Maybe once it's out and it becomes obvious everything he said isn't true he'll get shit for it. Specially the opening statement about it being best MH.

Christ user, what'd he do?

you don't know he's forced to live under a staircase by his wife who he's in an open relationship with and she still loves him best he's just not allowed to come out when she has another man over

yeah no,if i had to take a guess those are rose hairs or close to it,those aren't gonna kill you

Worse:

I am actually getting the game at 9:00 tonight, im not going to let a board full of autists and a frenchie shitter ruin this game for me. I played the beta and genuinely enjoyed myself there and I will trust my judgement and buy the game for myself, and usually I am 100% right to do so and I have 100-300 hours playing the game Holla Forums tends to shit on.

Salty world hating cucks like to pull random bullshit out of their ass just to shit on the game, a good chuck of the time it isnt even true. I have no idea where this guy got that information from and how he even though it was legitimate.

The leaked list said that shes back though.
Its been right about every single other monster so far.

This is the most autistic post I've read today

But we all know she's never gonna get her own moves. She'll be Teostra's Luigi again

slight fan of tarantulas,had to do it.

How about an actual answer and not repeating what he said, you nigger?
I didn't ask for more shit saying he's a cuck, I want to see archived posts he's made that proves it (or something similar)
I get you like shitposting judging from your previous 3 posts, but how about something to actually contribute.

lets not turn this rape into more rape now

So fucking tired of this hovering faggot.

Good luck, I'm behind 7000 Jewtube Heroes™ :^)
t. cuckshed hunter

Hello, fellow man of culture.

I've heard of heroic worship but this takes it to a whole new level. His opinions are not only some of the worst on the internet, he got a review copy so he has to say it's the best game ever or get blacklisted. but here you go look through his 90 weekly videos for one called "news wrapup" number something or other where he talks about how he's living in a literal closet under the stairs because his wife doesn't want to hear him playing video games.
I ain't giving him 30 views while I scroll through his myriad of shit

Holy fuck, as much as I've kept my opinion quiet about how I think the game is gonna play out I think you're cancer, and therefore I have to default assume you're wrong in every way.

I didnt take that screenshot though, I jewgled it. That image has also been out there for months, in fact I even posted the same picture a couple of threads ago and no one even brought that up.

He is actually now divorced. But I didn't knew about that stair thing, kek.

you also weren't at the time sucking MHW's dick so hard I though you'd vacuum the skin off

Well met friend.
You know what, I think I might just do it. I'll probably have to make a whole different channel because I already made some shitty vids playing around with Sony vegas and Adobe PP.
I think I'll even drop in some "bad goy" memery. Hopefully I don't get too lecture-y on the normalfags for buying shit before it's even in their hands.

Much better, now I gotta go look this shit up.

Would Gaijincuck pretty much be the Anthony Burch of the east?

Good attempt user, but you need to improve your grammar a bit.

I've heard the DLC will be free.

I tried the demo and was fun. I hope they don't shit on it.

They butchered Proof of a Hero in MHW. They managed to make the most hype theme in video games weak as fuck.

Almost all the music in this game is incredibly disappointing.

Yeah but butchering Proof of a Hero is actually worst thing to happen in the history of mankind ever.

archive.is/P94GE
Paid DLC has been confirmed, but is currently planned as being purely cosmetic, like that one Samurai set that was shown off before. In another interview that was posted a few threads ago (I can't find it though), they said some of what they had planned for paid DLC was outfits for the Handler.

Completely fucking pointless.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Just cause I play a female character doesn't mean I want a hunter to pin me to the wall in the springs, while relaxing after a hard quest, ok?
I didn't even think once about how a single drop of sweat was running on the outline of his perfect pecs while he was charging up his great sword, nor did I get moist when I was about to get hurt and he stepped in front of me and tripped the boss with a level 3 charge.
It's not like I wear the most revealing armor to tease all of the male hunters, just to see the one I care about get all flustered and send everyone else flying with a backswing.

Where do you think we are?

Pretty gay tbh.

Those are some big burgers.

Quit being such a cocktease, user-kun.

I assume you're in the mon hun erp d i s c o r d

I know where I am and it's not a place for trash, just pigs in blankets in toad in the hole thanks

Nah man that's pretty gay

B-But I'm simply listing things I wouldn't do.

disagreement*

it's filtered

Nice buns user.

Shush before I unload my wyvern fire all over you.

Are you sure this is actually Proof of a Hero? The description says it's ripped from their site, it's probably just a promotional theme used for the site and some trailers which incorporates a segment of Proof of a Hero. I hope. Even as horrible as World looks, and even as much as it's changing everything, there's no way they'd do this to one of the most recognizable themes in the series. R-right?

This is good. Plesioth should stick to games with underwater combat only.
>kushala and teostra without chameleos or lunastra ;_;
why
That's twice in a row now. And 3rd gen did it too. Why does Monoblos never get any love?
Great, so we get Mega Kelbi yet again, but none of the monsters that haven't been in for ages, like Lunastra, Shen Gaoren, Yamatsukami, or Great Wroggi and Great Baggi. Not including Gaoren is understandable because there's nowhere heavily fortified for his fight, and Lao isn't in; but I'm still mad Generations teased him then XX even had Lao and gave him an updated map, but didn't have Gaoren too.

You won't get a chance, greatsword-kun will protect me >_

uguu user-kun can I play too :3?

gay tbh

Okay you can stop now. This isn't your fucking chat room, you fags.

Someone's tsundere!

I know this has been fulfilled already, but we DO have a Mega for Freedom Unite in the OP now.

>Trusting a man who is so in with the company that the in-house team that (((localized))) X into Generations rewrote the dialogue to include an advertisement for him
user please, there's a limit to how stupid you can be.

The sad part is it's even less applicable to World than it was to XX, because you can't turn off the "monsters ignore you to attack each other" or "environmental traps"

I think someone hates him, because he wasn't in Vanilla 4 either, only got readded for 4G/U.

But he's a Westerner.

The last page of this article is the interview in question where they mention that: imgur.com/gallery/L6it7

You never know, there might be an outfit that puts a paper bag over his head. Most likely they'll make skins later that replaces him with the Poster Girl from 4 or the Receptionist from 3 anyway.

faggot

>Trusting a man who is so in with the company that the in-house team that (((localized))) X into Generations rewrote the dialogue to include an advertisement for him
Well shit, I don't know anything about these fucking e-celebs okay? I didn't even play X/Gen yet. I want to try portable 3rd with friends at some point before I touch X.
Stop shitting up the thread you fucking turbofaggots.
Fuck off back to cuck/mhg/.
Just because it has g in it, doesn't mean it's like your /vg/ cancer.

You're not missing much, about the only thing that could be worse would be how World looks at the moment. Also I take it you weren't around when the localization released, since there was an explosion of tearing apart how badly they fucked up half the text in the game, to the point they rewrote a line to say almost the exact opposite of what it originally said.

Isn't that illegal?

Anyone made the Infinity squad yet?

Modus Operandi for Holla Forums since 2012. Turn every major release no matter what into the next tortanic. World looks fucking amazing and I am going to turbokek when it outsells all of the janky as fuck handheld shit released so far combined.

mfw you're all going to buy it anyway.

Hey mh4u was excellent on a 3ds with the added analog

I actually regret the lock on feature from mh4 being changed to something more dark souls like in world.
Why would they change it?

Someone better make the fucking squad quick or I'll have to do it.
Infinity is a good name, maybe I'll name it just that.

Modern industry standards I guess.

You mean the lock on that has been industry standard for 3d action games since ocarina of time? You can change it back to the old target camera.

It would've been better on a console though, 4U has some gorgeous vistas but the hardware and 240p screen holds it back.

For who? Normies? Good. I don't want them shitting up my game, the frenchmen are doing that enough.

I don't think there's anyone here that thinks this is going to flop, normalfags are already foaming at the mouth for The Next Dark Souls Experience™ because it Really Puts The "Hunt™" In "Monster Hunter™" and there's legions of shills and thirsty cocksuckers for whom MH has previously been impenetrable, and apologists waiting in the wings for when it releases on PC as All Sins Will Be Cleansed™ upon the sacred PC release. It's mostly just sad that we're getting a casualized, lobotomized, and mongrelized game instead of a MH game. It's sad watching a franchise irrevocably deviate in ways you don't like but it won't matter because for every disappointed series veteran there's 100 disillusioned Destiny players ready to jump ship into the "new thing."

Use Citra and you can get up to 4K on the expense of speed though

It probably will because capcom actually marketed this one and casuals have no problem buying casual games that seem hard to make them feel hardcore.
lol no. If I didn't buy MHXX, there is no way in hell I'll even consider paying for MHW. I'm just gonna go back to playing the older games and waiting for Toukiden 3 to see if they finally make the Oni more aggressive

God I can't wait for MHW to drop so I can finally play a Monster Hunter that doesn't feel clunky as hell.

:^)

:::^^^)))

How is it not a Monster Hunter title?

Learn to filter IDs you fucking retard. Stop needlessly bumping the thread and giving replies to bait.

It feels even fucking clunkier in some ways and better in others. Movement for example is clunky as hell, especially after you evade with some weapons.

Just because you think that doesn't make it true. Enjoy your handheld trash faggot.

How about I do none of that shit? Sounds good? Okay.

So its not a Monster Hunter game because you dont like it? ruh roh

You literally have no fucking idea what you are talking about. The great sword feels identical to the old one except you can shoulder bash to skip charge tiers, but doing this can still massively fuck up your positioning. You still need to think and commit to every single charge. You just have more options now. It's like you never played the game at all and are just a salty switchfaggot. Monster Hunter is never getting the janky back, sorry friend. It's time to end it all.

How about you do it anyway, you shameless doublenigger?
Now you have all these faggots coming in and thirsting for replies. Fuck off already. Holla Forums is already going downhill because of you retards, we don't need more of you.
>>>/cuckchan/

G-got the sauce?

Yeah

Fixed that for you.
>being this obsessed and knowledgable about current year cuckchan
That's not healthy, user.

Thanks

no prob buddy;)

You were doing fine earlier.

The animations are much shittier and greatsword feels even jankier than in gen 4.

Wrong.

Correct. I hated GS in World. It feels too segmented and doesn't flow well at all. They hit a sweet spot with it in 4U.

I made a squad called 8/v/. Hit me up for invites.

*hits*

So now that MHW is actually how, how much content is there right now in the base game?
Can you turn off that bullshit cinematic camera?
please tell me the Bow/Dragon Piercer isn't as broken in the main game as it was in the beta

user that was not a "beta". That was a "demo". They were not testing shit, they were letting people play it as a marketing scheme to get people interested in buying it.

Its proof of a hero. You need to work past the denial stage of grief.

It was also an ancient build. The TGS demo.

Torch pods still seem to be hilariously broken in the release version.

Yeah there's something seriously wrong with the orchestra they're using. It sounds super small, like they cheaped out and got some budget quarter sized orchestra to play their music. Like they didn't even do what Jeremy Soule did with Skyrim where he had a tiny orchestra and used post processing to make it sound bigger. It's just small. Played in a tiny room with no acoustics into a cheap microphone.

And the composition itself is clumsy and messy, like it was written by an amateur.

user have you even heard what they did to poor Rathalo's roars?

Fuck you dude I dont even have the game yet.

Its actually quite a pain to land a dragon peircer if you dont have the right timing, you're pretty much fucked if you fight a really fast monster while trying to spam that attack.

You know theres multiple versions of that song in world right?

Confound Capcom and their superior waifu technology.

Or salvage it if you mess up.

Except the shoulder charge specifically means you don't. You can easily cancel out of a charge that way, especially since it gives you super armor and a huge defense boost. It literally exists to save the idiots who start a GS charge and then the monster turns to attack them.

To be fair, considering that most of the shitposts here are trying to make the thread hit bump limit so they can justify making a new thread with a World themed OP for release day in America, I wouldn't mind seeing the shitposts here get deleted.

What the fuck are the hotpockets doing???

Okay well, not bad I guess.

What did they do this time?

Roar at 1:54.

Reminds me of a dog that had its voice box removed. Sounds more like its shooting air out then a roar

29:08 - Monsters will still fall asleep while you're actively hitting them because they started limping to their sleep zone. Damage doesn't seem to interrupt this animation.

Note the date: Footage from early access today, not beta footage.

go back to your cardboard boxes you fucking faggots

>It just walks by while looking at the hunter
Why would the known to be aggressive Diablos act like a passive cow?

Are you retarded? its fucking dead

Its fucking dead you nigger.

This is like a worse version of how monsters couldn't be staggered out of flying in X
what the fuck

It clearly limps to it's nest and falls asleep while being attacked, THEN dies.

I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ALL OF YOUR CRITISIMS, I STILL BOUGHT THE GAME.
STAY SALTY NON-WORLD CUCKS

I saw a bunch of other dudes crowded around to get MHW too, I saw some dudes I knew from back in the day too. It was wonderful

Are you blind? it didn't even fall asleep, you can see it lunges at the hunter before he gave the final blow

do you take any pics?

okay

Day one update is still downloadan, no screenshots yet.
Can you still make 3 max hunters?
If i can ill make one for Holla Forums specifically and one for my irl buds.

pictures of the game store, you clearly bought a physical copy. But it's not the 26th yet on americlap so I'm assuming you're an aussie or SEA monkey

We'll see who the cucks are when you're 50 h ours in and you realize there's something wrong.

The same can be said about you when you realize 50 hours in you are having the forbidden f word. Let me give you a hint as to what that word is you sad clown.

FUN
U
N

Thats what I'll be doing, putting 50 more hours into 4U

reported :^)

here you go switch kiddies, pretend its your new monster hunter game

Good thing I said 4U instead of FU, then you wouldn't know what to call me

It's not even coherent bait. It's just stupid.

go back to cuckchan already

They don't know how to argue against critcism. It's always console war posting for them.

i r8 these skyboxes 8.8

Can you turn off the ugly handler bitch yet?

As far as I know you can't turn off any of the ugly shit, which is like 50% of the game.

Okay so he's just some faggot redditard trying real hard to be cool.
Report and ignore, stop taking bait. You know better.

If this was true (it is not), then it's even worse and it doesn't aid your case. If all you do is shit post and be an ironic twitchfag by using "le salty XDDD", then you're automatically worse than newfags trying to fit in and failing.
At least newfags can learn and contribute.
Oh neat, I think I will as well

I have been playing world all night. I am having a blast. Have fun with FU I guess, user.

Why does Khezu not have any music of its own? Or even generic music?
This fight is so boring, but the lack of music makes it worse.

But why are you having a blast? What makes it a blast?

I think it's supposed to be an atmospheric thing. Khezu's supposed to be some kind of horror inspired monster, so he has no music to make him seem creepier and more unnerving. Or something like that. It's dumb either way. I've also heard a theory that it's because a monster's music only starts when it sees you, and Khezu doesn't have eyes so it technically never "sees" you. But by that same logic, Gore Magala shouldn't have gotten any music either.

He paid money for it, so it must be a blast! Why else would great people like GaijinHunter who relies on capcom not blacklisting him say it's the best game ever! Stay salty cucks when he's playing a game where you have infinite potions, eats during a hunt, AI is busted, infinite damage bugs are still in, and you're stuck playing a game with actual "challenge" or "difficulty" and the mechanics "work".
We'll see who's laughing when he gets a sick epic meme and pays for his DLC, meanwhile cucks like you don't even have to pay, it's like you want capcom to go bankrupt/.

Surprise, a bunch of faggots taking a game too seriously and complaining it's for casuals. Bunch of hipster faggots really.

Pretty fun so far, though I'm not very deep into the game yet (just hunted Pukei-Pukei). Greatsword still feels good, damage to and from monsters seems about the same as the older games, haven't seen any turf war garbage yet - Anjanath did show up during the Pukei hunt, ignored Pukei, and proceeded to one shot me.
The only bad thing that really stands out other than the Downie handler is vigorwasps, which heal way too much and my cat will not stop dumping them on me. Hopefully you can eventually replace them with flash bombs or whatever like in the beta.

Being a fan of something is the ultimate cuckoldry. Anyone willing to jump ship from a dying franchise is a survivor thats willing to adapt instead of die with a market product. Youre all retarda tbh, while the ones willing to let shit games go are ones that enjoy video games for real.

You can feel sad in the life boat, it's not wise to wallow while still inside the sinking ship.
Requesting that webm of the guys sinking in the sea while refusing help and saying that everything was fine.

Not buying it is already the life boat. The people who are still buying it are the ones who're on the ship

I'll survive until this Fall.

How do I join 8/v/'s squad?
Would I need to get some kind of invite?

Well i played for 9 hours straight. Real fuckin' good shit. The only dumbing down of any significant note to veterans is 8 free tranq bombs per capture quest and shock traps have a much larger radius so its much easier if you aren't a beginner to trap one.
Got to village rank 5 and didn't cart once but the new white dog lizard came close. But its just khezu and kirin combined for babbys first screech stunlock and thundebrlight charge wombo combo tutorial.

My only advice is theres a new system called 'investigations' that isn't subquests but repeatable shit. You pick them up and they are like "get 10 mushrooms" and you get them just pressing O in passing and all you get is like 40-100 guild pts and a armour sphere. I wasted a good hour thinking they were a list to check off for completionists sake but they are random daily and weekly sub quests and theres like a login bonus ticket per day for better rewards on one hunt.

Its odd to see capcom make a RMT free online multiplayer game this fair and packed with activities compared to trash like destiny that cost half a billion and its just a mobage gacha cash shop pretending to be the shooter tacked on to that to lure in whales.

I really don't like the idea of being able to gather on the go

Why would you have something like that on your pc if you don't fap to it?

Are we really sticking with ? Or can we find a better name.

I have been using the sword and shield and the new combos are really neat. I just got done fighting Tobi Kadachi and he's really good at stunlocking you reminds me of a mix between zinogre and narga. Enjoy your sour grapes.

I still remember that thread.
The confusion of everybody was funnier than the autism of what OP was trying to achieve.

it's blind so it can't spot you, thus the combat music doesn't play.

How about assburgers?

And it was a bug which they left in full release. In later games it "sees" you, as the notice icon appears on top of your weapon icon, but they kept it without bgm.

So they played it off as "N-not a bug guy, it's a feature!"?

Kind of. But the no music makes it a bit more creepier as it was supposed to be a creepy monster.

I always thought it was Khezu being a sneaky cunt since it likes to move around the ceiling. If music started playing the moment it would be impossible for him to sneak up on an unprepared player.

This is the audience Capcom wants.

This kind of shit should be a bannable offense. Don't fuck around with word filters, just ban the cunt outright.

Everything is dark souls nowadays.

Infinity was a much better name and did not stick out like a sore thumb either.
Sounds nice and does its job well, so why not?
8/v/ requires the imagination of a rock to think up and the autism of chrischan to join and not even bat an eye, fuck that.

Yeah I'm not joining that squad.

This user has the right of it.

What's this squad thingy for? Dis cord?

MHW

no shit is it an ingame feature?
i'm booting the game now i could do it

Its pretty much a 50 person guild.

Cool, guess I'm doing it if no one else is working on it.

"Infinity" isn't any less autistic than 8/v/. They're both pretty bad. Please pick something a little more subtle and a little less autistic.

Palico Paradise, palipara. Don't know how long the names can be.

Kind of a guild. And you can be in multiple.

How about endless hunt? Endless=infinity

This is really stretching. I almost prefer 8/v/ despite the name drop because at least it's not nearly so cheesy as infinity or these variations.

Come up with a name then faggot

Depending on what's allowed in names, maybe Eight, or just the letter V.

Or you could use the name Warbros before someone for whom it wasn't intended snatches it up.

Eighth Fleet. A little in theme since they seem to talk about fleets a lot.

This is alright too, way way way better than those first suggestions.

This sounds ok. Brings memories of MEN OF THE SEA. I got about 7 hours before I can grind my weekend away though.

Gotta bait the plebs, that's why capcom made a cross promotion with horizon zero gameplay

Horizon zero looked pretty bland.
that palico skin looks pretty neat tho

8th fleet sound cool, doesn't namedrop anything and subtle reference to Holla Forums

Agreed, sounds the most suitable.

the whole thing looks pretty neat tbh, the bow, the gear, the cat, everything. I want it so fucking badly and I don't even care if it makes people think of Zero content. Those skins are fucking sick.

I am seeing all the youtube fags like dsp and 5 peso pedro play this shit and admit they never played any of the other games before. dsp of course still fails even at this casual game

Those are actually pretty good yet simple names.
Everything I suggested must have been fucking cancer though.
Sorry about that.

NO

I actually like Animal Control, too, though the others have the fucking Holla Forumss or contain things we'll fight over.

anyone made the guild yet so I can put it in the OP for the next thread

If we have to make multiple guilds due to lack of space we could always use some back up names.

Can the cinematic camera be toggled off? Y'know, that bullshit zoom-in when you find a monster or when one enters the area?

That only happens to me whenever I discover a new monster. The shitte loads of scoutflies and the palico constantly using OP tools bother me even more. Astera has been quite annoying to navigate too but the fast travel lift thing makes it bearable.

wait so it only happens when you discover a monster for the FIRST time?
oh thank god.
Scoutflies didn't bug me all that much honestly, nor the Palico. That camera zoom would get in the way of playing the game though if I was already fighting one monster.

LOL Aloy looks better in MHW than her own game.

DSP has played monster hunter before, I think it was 4U but didn't get very far in it before he quit.

100% of monster Hunter games before world were shit, this is a fact. Stop whining about finally getting a game worth playing in your shit series and be grateful and buy it.

Hi, Capcom. Release it on PC already.

Are you retarded?

Every time you respond to bait the desire sensor will deny you a plate.

But what if I'm bait? What happens to you?

Can't wait to pirate it on PC Capkike.

11:16
Watch as this fucker limps to bed and falls asleep in front of the hunter.

Your owls are cute.

I'm watching twitch streams, the monsters will fall asleep as it's being attacked, it's really dumb.

The hunter attacked him while he was in the laying down animation and he still fell asleep,.

That was the icing on the shit cake; after the Barroth had to be attacked before it even cared about the hunter and the ability to remount instantly after failing.

Your salty tears are delicious.

No user, it's not sleeping, it's just dead. Just like the Rathian. Can't you tell? People defended this exact video because "It's just a beta, it'll be fixed on launch day". And even now people still defend this retarded change, in this very thread.

I enjoy watching retarded shills and fanboys like and get proven to be full of shit. What a pack of absolute morons.

What else did you expect from cuckchan?

So it appears no one has seen the Vitality Mantle yet as no one ITT is sperging out about it. You unlock it around HR9
Vitality Mantle negates a set amount of damage, making you 100% immune to damage for what I can gather is about 3-5 hits.
Not sure on cooldowns or any other details, but it's looking pretty fucking bad.

And here I was thinking Rocksteady was bad. Holy shit.
Do you know what that glowing green mantle the french muslim shitter used all the time is?

Nice, I can finally do no damage runs. :^)

Not seen that one yet. I'll mention it if I see it.

So from what I can tell the Vit mantle appears to absorb about 75% worth of a full health bar of damage.
However the guy I'm watching has yet to craft any armour, only after being shat on by Kirin is he crafting any armour, so he might be able to absorb more damage now that he's got some defence.

Thankfully Kirin seems to be a nice challenge as it can para and thunderblight.
Stun into cart: clips.twitch.tv/HungryObeseSagePRChase
Vit mantle in action but hunter gets para'd into cart anyway: clips.twitch.tv/OptimisticVenomousOtterPanicBasket

monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHW:_Specialized_Tools
I found this, of particular note about the Kirin, look at the thunderproof mantle.

Sorry for double post, but there's literally an adept style mantle in the game too, provided this list is accurate/complete.

Embed is Bazelgeuse
And here is Xeno'jiiva: hooktube.com/watch?v=lhpBzFXl9uI

It did say you got a specialized tool once you beat the Kirin quest, so I'm betting that thunderproof mantle is the reward.

In the Xeno'jiiva video: These cats are taking aggro so well it doesn't even look like the monster knows the hunter exists most of the time. Like it looks at him for a second a few times and then just looks right back at the cats. Is this a function of the cats' skills, the monster AI, the armor skills the hunter has, or all of the above?

I don't even want to comment about the max potion that's just flying there for no reason despite assurances that they were "environmental."

That's just cats in general. It's been that way since at least 4U
The cats is also the reason the bug is flying there, it's the replacement for healing horns.
What's genuinely egregious is the mantles, the vitality one just makes taking damage irrelevant for a good 2 minutes or 75% of your health.

I feel like my experience using them in 4U was different. Having cats became a liability because monsters were encouraged to spam wide-area stuff or charge cats who would duck behind you and you'd eat the charge for them instead of the other way around, or the cat would get distance because they had aggro and that'd trigger fuckyou.exe, but it did vary a lot by monster.

How fast do those health smokers heal you? Sounds like shit you can place and never have to even care about the free health around you.

LMAO look at all these faggots mad that Monster Hunter is GROWING UP. Go play your shitty 3DS games meant for 12 year olds and leave the good games to us adults.

Also, just talk about the good games for now. We can see how shit it is when it actually releases. No point with conjecture and beta footage, even if it's just a demo.

Did anyone make 8th fleet yet?
I honestly have no one to hunt with since they are either busy or I didnt write down their psn name

Has anyone managed to recreate the smug preset face from 4U in World?

If no one did then I'll do it, I fucking swear.

Browsing around on twitter to see images people are sharing and found this?
Looks like you can set a smug expression and then make the face work around that.

Oh and by that I mean make the squad.
You guys want a picture of a poogie on the emblem?

Thats the best they can do?

Every single time.

Pretty fucking fast. Webm related

It looked like some kind of streamer posted the picture so I presume they were rushing through character creation because they didn't want to lose precious viewers.
If you spent time with it I imagine you could make something that doesn't look terrible.

You know half the thread and every other MH fan including a shit load of newcomers are playing world right?
Keep crying user, its not like your going to change the minds of half of this thread who already bought the game.

Why are shills so fucking obvious?

I actually decided to buy MHW today on my way back from campus. I seriously hope I don't regret this because it's 80+ canadian buckos.

Im not telling you to play the game dumbass nigger, just because something is popular dosent mean you have to play it too.
Fucking use your brain and think for once.

You say it's popular like it fucking means anything though.

Jesus fuck.

That's because no one is buying the game. Even the handful of people who think it might potentially not be worthless shit are going to wait for the G/Ultimate version on PC.

Half the thread right now is shills pushing it for launch weekend, and I don't know any MonHun fans who have even the slightest hope for it.

ok, I finally got a version of FU that worked, now I should ask the question that is going to expose me as a retard

should I complete all the missions from the old lady before tackling missions at the guild? G rank seems to be there, but the old lady seems to advance the "story" so far I killed all the monsters up to 3 stars, and working my way to a red khezu suit before tackling any monsters on the 4 star category

It does, its no longer niche as fuck anymore apparently.

You hate that people are playing and enjoying the game? Suck it up cuck.

By your logic you must think that nobody plays overwatch because you dont like it. Every other nerdy dude I know irl bought the game, I just dont have their psn fucktard.

The old lady quests will be easier than the guild quests, and IIRC the only way to unlock upgrades at the farm and expand your Felyne hiring capabilities is to progress through her quests, so you may as well do those first. That said, since the guild quests have multiplayer options, if you go solo you can plunder the item box for 4 players' worth of First Aids and Rations, so early on when you're lacking your own items, it can be nice.

MonHun has basically been a top seller since it hit the PSP, what are you even talking about?

No idea what overwatch is, but it has nothing to do with my opinions. I'm just looking at the facts.

It was never niche as fuck. It just wasn't casual enough to bring in all the Dark Souls soyboys that will buy any trash that gets hyped at them.

I think it is better to alternate between those so you have rank appropriate gear for those quests.

Is it true that apparently worlds grind is the easiest its been in the series?

It dosent seem so, I had to kill kulu ya ku five times to get its armor

How the fuck should we know? Game's not out yet.

PS4 came out yesterday, PC hasn't come out yet though.

Are you nipanon? I named my poogie after you.

I got it on the 25th in burger time. Its VERY different from the previous games but very fun none the less. If you like the older titles and want it to stay that way dont even bother with this game.

That actually makes sense, I met people like that who only wants to buy games because its super popular and 'hardcore'. I recommended a soulsfag to nioh, I even tried to get him to borrow my copy just because I wanted him to try out a game I had fun with. But he avoided it like the plauge for no good reason and his excuse was "its gay". He never even looked into what the gameplay is like.

Anyone cook meat in the monhun language or jap language selected? I want to know if they say so tasty instead of the english va garbage.

Alright niggers I've been playing the game for about 6 hours here are my first impressions.

Things I hate:
-The tracking flies are the stupidest shit I've ever seen in a videogame. I often have trouble seeing what the fuck is going on because of all this shiny dust filling the entire screen. Thanks god they automatically turn off during fights, I just wish you could disable them for good (but then again it would be impossible to track monsters cause no paintballs).
-The fights SO FAR have been incredibly easy. I hope it's because I'm still low rank and they start getting harder later on but so far monsters deal very little damage and even online no one ever carts.
-The amount of materials monsters give is ridiculous; I hunted the Notgreatjaggi 4 times and that was enough to get the full fucking set, what the hell is this shit.
-I only tried SnS but they kinda dumbed down the moveset. Nothing major but I miss some things.
-To progress with some sidequests you are required to have your palico with you. You can just go back to camp and reactivate it and go back but it's a pain in the ass.

Things I like:
-The maps are very big and they really are all connected, I've explored the entire first map (and believe me it took a while) and there was not a single loading screen. Those "cutscenes" of the character moving branches or swimming underwater are limited to a maximum of 2 per map.
-The potions and items animations don't impact the difficulty. While it's true that you can "move" a little while drinking if you don't complete the animation by rolling or getting hit you don't get healed and you waste the item. Plus you can't just change area heal up/sharpen and go back anymore so it all balances out.
-It feels like they improved monsters AI, they attack with more precision and they don't go full retard with short gaps/stairs anymore.
-They streamlined the quests to progress with the story a lot. I don't know about you but I always hated having to kill 10 small monsters, deliver 20 mushrooms and catch 40 bugs every time before I could hunt the next big wyvern. Those kinds of quests are still there but they're not necessary to progress with the story anymore.
-So far no baguettes. Hell I have to see someone using kinsect glaive yet.
-You don't consume sharpstones and mining picks anymore, you don't need bugnets to catch bugs. Some of you fags will probably hate this but I think it's an improvement, fuck grinding mats to grind more mats.

Overall I'm having fun with the game, it still feels like a monster hunter.
I think hope streamers and normalfags will find it too hard to eat it up and turn it into the next dark souls.

This shit is fucking cool.
Loving all the little details in the maps and especially the home town.

The tracking flies don't bother me that much. My only true gripe with this cake is the gathering hall is super dead. You don't need to be inside of it to post quests and you never need to leave the maps ever in order to get new quests so the gathering hall is empty 90% of the time. it's depressing I want to arm wrestle.

It never took me much longer than 4-5 hunts to craft the beginner sets, user. This isn't an issue unless it carries all the way up into high rank.

Can you turn the flies off? Because this all seems like general improvements to me, save for that gay shit. Are the new buffs game breaking? I'm not too worried about the difficulty since the games always get harder much later.

Maybe it'll be used more when off-main-world quests start appearing? The gathering hall was a pretty big part of the otger games, if just for tye social impact.

Does the handler still look hideous?

Do we have a squad that isn't named 8/v/ yet? Just unlocked Safaris and I need more Palicos.

It's weird man some cutscenes she looks pretty cute. Some her face morphs into the abomination we all know about. Her personality is nice though. She is growing on me and seeing the role she plays in the game it makes sense why she isn't dolled up like the other guild girls. She's more an adventurer than a quest clerk. There are pretty guild girls in the gathering hall too.

I haven't started playing yet, but I will as soon as I can move my ps4 from living room to bedroom.
Also you guys need to get organized sooner. Here, let's make a list of possible names:
Any more?
I'll make a poll afterwards if nobody comes up with anything else.

Eighth Fleet, and Animal Control, are what were decided earlier to be better than anything involving Infinity or namedropping the site/board, or the meme shit.

The intro should have had weapons, sword and shield would have been fine, then some practice combat and gathering with aponoths in the first mission. Otherwise the intro wreaked of AAA tutorial bullshit.

Yea I see the posts now. I agree it's pretty good, but a poll is always nice anyways.
Or is the squad already made?

Do you think we could get away with Eight Reich?

Miss me with that edgy shit.

4U had a similar intro. A big opening where you learn the game by dealing with an elder dragon. It also pinged herbs and mining nodes on the map to teach you how to mine and gather. Let's stop oretneding this is new.

If anyone else is waiting on the PC release, a friend and I would like to blast through some Dalamandur - ID 12 4554 0747 0152 pass 7423

Says the one who said
Opinion discarded.
but that's why I like it
maybe you're right though, just throwing it out

Infinity is ABSOLUTELY as autistic as 8/v/, it's like a child calling their clan of IRL friends Unbreakable, The Razorblades, or Warbros

Or the Unbeatable Hell Hunters

YOU TAKE THAT BACK
WARBROS #1

I made it all the way to Jyrotodus and I only seen one turf war between Jyrotodus and Barroth. It's not nearly as prevalent as I thought it would be. I also had a moment where pukei pukei rathalos and anjanath triple banged me to death with burning and poison. Was pretty fucking funny.

STOB
I DON'T WANT TO REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES

Fuck it im making 8th Fleet now whether you guys want it or not.

People (read: autists) might want Eighth and not 8th.
I'll just make the poll now since there have been no suggestions so far.
poal.me/dqnf5w
If you want to strong arm it that's fine too. It might be the winning vote anyway.

Except it heals WAY more than even the most powerful health horn, and looks like it charges way faster than even the weakest and fastest health horn.

Shills have twisted the meme into meaning anyone who dislikes World, but nipanon was a real person. He's been around since long before World was even announced. I've hunted with him in XX a few times, he's pretty good, just a bit of a sperg who hates butchered (((localizations))).

People want to call it Infinity because the imageboard software this site used to run (before the OpenIB rebranding), and which was created specifically for this site, was called Infinity; the site's logo is even an infinity sign, and the 8 in Holla Forums is because it's a sideways infinity sign. We actually have a good reason to call it Infinity, because it's an important part of this site's history and tradition. 8th Fleet is still much better though.

I know all that and consider it a namedrop, plus it'll seem edgy af to anyone who doesn't know the site history.

Made a online session on World for anyone that just started questing. ID is LuFXpzhPLyQ

It's not new, of course, but it's the fact that the intro is easier than 4Us, but actually misses out on teaching the player some hunting and gathering techniques, before they have to interact with actual threats

Odogaron's pretty fun, even if he is a pain in the ass to fight with a slow weapon.

Its a fucking blast to fight it with a gunlance, I had to stop doing the slashing combo because it was too fast and resort to poking it to death like how I did to monsters back in 3u.
You want to help me grind for its armor set?

Sure. Have you got a session up already?

I'll make one right now

How would you join? My name is FloridaMan btw.

If you post the Session ID, I should be able to join using that.

Nevermind found out how.
My session ID is rrpFFaXatyf
pass is 8888

Okay, dodged 1 out of 7 bullets.

I'm doing the first solo quest now (jagras). I'll join anybody if they post it. Just post how long you're going to wait for people to go in.

VOTE ON A SQUAD NAME
poal.me/dqnf5w
Only 5 votes so far. Democracy is a right and a responsibility, etc etc.

This explains everything. Post your hunters.

Barring X/XX's bullshit, that's been the case for a while now. Even 3U barely had any.

Oh thank god. Things are looking up.

Who wants to join to fuck up odogarons and have a pretty chill time??
session ID is rrpFFaXatyf
pass is 8888

Why the fuck is the fetish bait ludroth wannabe a fanged wyvern? This makes no sense, it's obviously a leviathan. It has literally nothing in common with Zinogre or the other new fanged wyverns, this is retarded and I'm fucking pissed that my waifumon is being disgraced by being related to this degenerate rastafarian vorefag.

How many fucking hits can you get off a GS charge in World? Or was something else going on there?

It's a glitch. The torchpods have a weird interaction with monster hitboxes.

Well, 8 votes to nill is pretty telling. I made the squad just now.
Did anyone else want to create it instead?
Will we have to join/create quests and send invtes there?
I doubt anyone would be willing to post their online IDs on mongolian basket weaving forums.

>Will we have to join/create quests and send invtes there?
Just made an online session
online ID: zapkvssxPjT

Squads get their own lobbies. You just post quests and let people join, if you want people to join you for an urgent you need to find the monster and then send an SOS Flare. The SOS search will only find flares in your multiplayer lobby so if it's a private lobby no ransoms will be able to join. It's actually a pretty cool system and works the sake for expeditions. A lot of people don't seem to understand how it works yet.

Squads dont matter, but I already made a squad called Poogie the Godking

I know japanese gamers are by and large shitty at games compared to us because mobage ruined them AND monhun is mainstream there so the plebs will be greater in number than the ones over here sticking to shit like overwatch or dota 2, but i thought they were meant to have some greater sense of shame as a culture?

Is there literally anyone who'd be up for HR dala on MH4u right now are have you all fucked off to your PS4s

Could be worse, you could be the one user cucked enough to buy MHW on XBone with only 8% of the playerbase worldwide.

Yeah, I feel really bad for them. They might be thrown off the franchise by an experience like that.

I'm considering just fucking buying it for PS4 already even though I promised myself and others I'd wait for PC. The one person I really want to play it with, doesn't have a computer that looks like it'll run it well at all, but we both already have PS4s sitting around collecting dust. The only reason we haven't already is because we're not done with 4U…

I'll be going to sleep now. MHW isn't too bad so far.
It's easier but not piss easy like the beta.
Exploring is nice, and a first for mh.

The session will be back up tomorrow for the rest of us that need an invite.

In that case I have one still up, its still only 6pm where I am so Im gunna be on for a while longer for anyone else that wants to play. The ID is 7eZQnsrTi8FE for anyone still playing.

As someone who was immensely excited for world and had the game preordered for my by my SO for Christmas I will say that you wait. It's fun, but the difficulty is severely underwhelming so far. I would not have a problem with it if the monsters his as hard as 4u. But I recently fought Barroth in bone armor and while his doot doot charge does nice damage his other attacks were weak as fuck for the most part and I was in BONE ARMOR. I could deal with all of the streamlining in the word so long as the monsters hit hard, I am hoping the cake steps up. I hear Toby Karachi is the first real skill check. We shall see.

I did notice Barroth was A LOT more aggressive in the fall game than at any point in the demo. He also threw way more mud around. He managed to cart me because I under estimated the strength of his doot doot over the strength of his other attacks.

So far it feels like
BEGINNER:
INTERMEDIATE:
ADVANCED:

Wait, is that. Is that the whole fucking thing? Is that the entire rostor, no subspecies or anything?

Don't forget to take into account that most of the hardcore in Japan are either on handhelds or arcade machines. TV systems are pretty much casual only.

There are 38 large monsters in the game with more coming as free DLC. That is probably about as far as user got.

no just how far i got up to 4* village quests.

and the puffball bat which is more annoying than i expected.

Jyuratodus was so much fun I can't wait to fight him in high rank. It was fun riding around on his back as he swam through the mudpits. I just hope High Rank offers a satisfying challenge for me.

Birds
Brutes
Fanged
Flying
Piscine
Elder Dragons
and 16 small monsters.

If the turbo casual baguette streamer I watched before release is any indication, High Rank isn't that much harder than LR, it doesn't even have the usual handicaps like starting you in a random area or delayed supplies and you can still access your item box for infinite supplies in camps. Tempered monsters from what I've heard aren't that much better either, they still get flinched a ton and have the same amount of health, they just hit a lot harder when they're enraged. Mantles will still be in the game at higher ranks giving you a ton of free skills or straight up ignoring challenges like damage or status ailments.

I'm feeling ashamed for being an über casual and like this monster hunter a lot because it is easier.

Please, no bully me.

Get Out

You are the cancer killing not just MonHun, but vidya as a whole. Kill yourself.

Play the others since you clearly havnt, the joy in monhun comes from overcoming a hard as fuck monster and overcoming a cancerous control scheme if you play with the claw on PSP or without the extra analog on DS

I played with the Claw so much I went to Peace Walker and play that too with the Claw and ended up doing most of the side missions solo. Gear Rex when?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Why is there a guy crossdressing as theGuildmarm?

Good GOD kill it with fire!

Remember when the shills promised us all the DLC would still be free?
One of the reasons there wasn't paid DLC on the 3DS was because Nintendo's eShop was shit and no one used it.

In before the contesting that "It's just cosmetic" which is true, but this is still the first time they've charged for DLC in the franchise, which is a fucking awful precedent.

If they make enough cash from cosmetics, they 100% add new monsters/nostalgia bait monsters.
The only DLC MonHun should have and that I'd buy is G-rank, but why would they get you to pay $40 for the expansion when people will definitely buy the $60 new game?

If they were to do G as a DLC, I'd hope they'd still do a proper G rerelease with the G Rank content on the cart as well, since making it download only would be the most cancerous thing you can do

I played the first game and the wii one and loved it. The only improvement I've seen so far is the inventory management because I love taking everything in the game even if it is shit.

We've had lots of inventory space since FU on the PSP, and it's only expanded since.

FU is after or before Tri?

The archivalist in me is worried about monhun world. If they don't spit out a gold edition the lesser amount of monsters will be the only stuff you have to play with *legally* if/when the online services shut down.

It was released before Tri, but Tri was a weird installment in a lot of ways, and I'm honestly not sure how many pages of inventory box space it had. FU had 8 that could be expanded to I think 10, but it's been ages and I don't recall exactly, but it's gone up and up to the point where by the end of XX you have 23 pages of storage.

When you have to play to fight a monster then you can talk. Cosmetics dont matter in a game, and I see no reason to complain about it since you can avoid it so easily by not buying them. If people buy them they're just stupid. Caring what others buy isnt good for the brain since you cant stop idiots.

The other improvement I've seen so far is the easiness of getting into games with multiple players.

I like the idea of investigating monsters, but going so far as tracking them is kinda too easy, also I've noticed monsters die too fast now.

Pretty much why anything involving online is pretty cancerous.

In and of themselves, absolutely.

It's still setting a very negative precedent as the first paid DLC in the franchise.

And yet stupid people's money influences the maker's decisions just as much as - if not more than - intelligent people's money.

Was thinking it'd be a full redo of her, thought they'd make her pretty and try to sell that. Can the next dlc just be a bag over here head?

So what constitutes a cosmetic to be so detrimental to the overall gameplay? I dont see how a pair of fancy clothes can increase anything other than the player liking the way it looks. Its not like it gives them an unfair advantage, and its not like it takes away from the gameplay nor does it cause gameplay to cease. It seems you're just looking for things to complain and feel bitter about because thats what you want. Wanna explain why a cosmetic would be so detrimental to your enjoyment of your playthrough?

I don't know the feasibility of that with consoles in mind, maybe PC for Steam and shit.
They could release a copy of the game with a 2nd disc with the G-rank (or 1 disc if it fits), but I don't think Sony and Microsoft's servers would support letting two separate games play with each other ie MHW+DLC and MHWG.

I don't care what retards spend their money on, but if they do, Capcom will smell money bills and lock out actual shit.

Same for lots of the online stuff for the past games, tbh.
4U and XX had DLC monsters that weren't in the base game if my memory serves (very happy to be wrong on that, though).

You might want to try actually reading what I said. There's nothing inherently wrong with cosmetics, it's the business side of it that's cancer.

The series has been essentially console-exclusive since Day 1 and has always had the entirety of the game on one cart/disc when a G version releases, there's no reason it shouldn't be feasible.

As far as I recall, no actual different monsters, but DLC did have some "versions" of monsters that couldn't be accessed normally, like a High Rank Seregios in the Gathering Hall since vanilla 4 didn't have him.

Since MHW is a little over 15GB I think they'd have a lot of room to fill up one disc if they wanted

I'm surprised in this day and age that it's not 70GB of uncompressed garbage.

I said there was an issue with having a DLC for G-rank and a standalone game, as they'd be separate games with respect to online servers.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the size.
I can't believe a current year console game with a moderate open-world is under 20GB.

Ah, I'm not familiar with how online server shit works, so can't speak on that. If that were to cause trouble though, I hope they stick with just doing a G rerelease, if they use online as an excuse to justify download only shit, that just makes it even more cancerous.

And it'll end up just like Gravity Rush 2 where you lose access to all of that content when they shut down the servers.

I only think it'd be a problem as I can't think of another game on consoles that allows crossplay between two different games.
Struggling to think of one for PC, honestly, but I'm sure there'd be one.

PS4 is getting closer to full CFW and piracy, so eventually all of that will be available.

That's why I want it to be a physical rerelease instead of a digital thing.

Fair enough, just saying, if it is a problem, I hope they just stick to doing G rereleases like they've always done.

I mean who gives a shit when there's a PC version though?

I know what you meant :^)

Anyone want to get some co-op going?

I'm the faggot that uploaded the EU version. glad to see you got it working. that is all.

archive.fo/slMra
What's that you filthy mysoggynerds you think Monster Hunter is a game about boss battles? think again it's about Trumps America and how Whites are all racists! #Woke.
No it's not a satire article before you ask Vice is just that shit.

Capcom knows how to optimise their games, they're not like Square who releases 200gb games.

NEW SQUAD SESSION FOR THOSE THAT NEED INVITES TO THE SQUAD
Eighth Fleet
Session ID: 4keFpWnwf2b3
Just select start game from the main menu, pick character, and choose the join squad session option. (I think)

Once you're in, open chat (options on controler, then click the touch pad), and type a message so we know you came in and want an invite.

So they have zero idea what the game is about. They probably just assumed all the dragons and dinosaurs were exclusive to the cinematics. That would explain why they saw giant boats and had 'Nam-style flashbacks of the Mayflower.

Tip for anyone that hasn't already: as soon as you can get to your Palico's equipment, disable the Vigorwasp gadget, even if you don't have a replacement yet.
It's the biggest crutch I've found and the early game feels a lot more like traditional MonHun without it.

We are the real monsters for destroying these majestic creatures lands.

Tell me how.

Nah, you can't disable the flies. The other user is talking about the free heal your palico can use.

The squad session is down.
Can you start another one so i can join?

Alo can somebody help me with the quest where you have to steal rathians eggs? That walk is too damn long for two trips.

You might want to check and make sure you're putting the ID in right, it should still be open.

Don't know what you mean user, there's 4 people in this session.
You sure you got the right ID typed in?

Capcom would make more money selling dlc bags or even different faces to put on the kike instead of constumes. That isn't waifu material and no one wants to look at that thing.

INVITE ME YOU FUCK

I'M NOT LEADER YOU FUCK

FUCK

But, you're in another squad…I sent you a message too

You can be in multiple though, up to 8.

I get an error code every time i put it in
(NP-31907-0)

I quadruple checked now and I am 100% sure i typed it in right. Idk whats going on here.

Alright thanks for the invite finally. I was about to head off but I literally only logged back in on the ps4 just to join the squad.

See you on hunts later.

Sorry it seemed to be that I can't invite while in a quest. Or maybe we just have to be in the same place.

Keep trying. Are you sure you are joining a squad session and not a regular online session?
I could leave this session and make a seperate online session if you like.

Also for those leaving: we can all stay in the same squad online session and it wont interupt anything.

Okay, I made a new online session, just join from the main menu. This is temporary.
Online ID: 4he4Hij7ewwp

I keep on getting the same error I got before, even on the main menu.
Is it a problem on my part?

Yes.
Did you already run a network test in your PS menu? (settings)

Could you try joining my session and see if you can invite me from there??

Can you kill Anjanaths early in the game with great Jaggi equipment?

You didn't post your session ID you homo.

I checked my internet and it was fine, I can connect to other peoples sessions just fine.

Here is my session
3PZnaEbFxfXE

I killed one with Kulu-Ya-ku equipment and DB, so yes.

Ah, that's good then. I'll try.

>Session ID: 4keFpWnwf2b3
new ID for anybody coming in now: 7zuNBkAuTrQh

its a video game not a pet you reyarded nigger.

That's part of the problem, there isn't anything similar to Monster Hunter, every clone of it sucks.

Exactly, it's something worth giving a shit about.

Pretty edgy.

2/10 try harder next time

Here's your (you) my dude. My snake keeps me from killing myself, and before that my bird did. I really hope you're baiting, because I'm concerned about you, user.

Are reptiles capable of feeling love?

Dodogama is a FUCKING iguana, user. Not a frog.

Kecha wacha when?

World is pretty fun so far. I just unlocked the ghillie mantle and it's not that OP. It's basically a free loading screen. The monster starts sniffing around as soon as you don it and it takes about 10 seconds to find you.

The bullshit in this thread could fill a kirin thot's gaping useless pussy. Shut the fuck up.

As expected of a true hunter. Pure as can be.
but what about your palico buddy
you wouldn't would you?

Nope. Not in the same sense. Even if it's all I'll ever get, I'm thankful that my snake feels completely comfortable and unafraid around me. I think it sees me like its guardian angel or some protective giant, and that's special to me given that most just tolerate their owners at the best of times.

not my snake, user, mine's even CUTER

I-it's bullshit. Ignore the massive casualization and it's shaping up to be the best monster hunter!

I doubt, but they can be weirdly social. My friend's lizard climbs on people.

Why cant you guys just accept that people have different tastes from one another?
Some people like world and some people like the previous games and completely fine to do so.
All of this arguing is fucking pointless and stupid, its putting the thread quality into a nose dive as soon as it started getting better again.

When people with different tastes storm in and demand something changes to suit their needs and then proceed to ruin the thing for everyone who's not them. No, no one can get along

For Anyone on PS4 I got a room and a Squad called Godking Poogie

Room Code: 3LkM827iHWWi

Anons dont go on here to play vidya, they go on here to complain.

Yeah, this. Some reptiles turn out to be surprisingly unique individuals that seek out human attention - Not the same as mammalian or avian love and companionship, but an affection just the same, and it's all the more special for how rare it is and how hard it is to earn it.

I just want someone to talk to, man

Even if they hate Worlds

plus, I wanna find out if it really stays as easy as people are finding it starts out. I'm okay with most of the changes so far so long as it hasn't removed the challenge, but I'm still on the fence a little.

Why would I waste the Zenny hiring those annoying little shits in the first place?

Because World is specifically designed to appeal to people who hate MonHun and if it's successful it means they'll stop making MonHun in favor of World. If World existed in an entirely separate vacuum where it had no impact on the MonHun series, no one would give two shits about it.

dude you have infinite items, the game never gets hard period

If you don't feel like you have infinite items in the previous games you need to farm harder or stop relying on them so much anyway, bud. No amount of freebie items reduces the impact of an OHKO.

I just realized I could've named my cornsnake Dala

oh actually it does. Have you not seen the mantles? one of them negates roughly 75 damage on your hunter

Just because you dont like or prefer it then you want to take it away from the people that enjoy it? The game did what it was made to do, sell and give enjoyment to people and its currently making a killing when it comes to that.
user its not like anyone took away every single previous MH game from you, they're still there and you can still enjoy them.
Bitching about people liking world wont make them stop liking or playing it, its pointless to keep on complaining about it.
Just how far do you plan to keep on going with that? Just chill out and play/talk about good games user, thats what this board is for.

I complain but not for months and months on end holy shit.
Btw what rank are you? Im willing to hunt anything tbh.

Yeah mourning a game franchise you like turning into complete shit is awful. We should be happy when capcom murders a game we like to appeal to mouth drooling retards!

Yeah, this is what I'm concerned about. The mantles, and the monster's difficulty, are what keep me on the fence. I'm really hoping later monsters are tough enough to justify these kinds of crutches - Added because developers wanted to ramp up the difficulty farther than ever before, and needed a justification. Call it power creep, maybe. We'll see, and then I will or won't buy it.

They aren't. Dudes have streamed the whole game already

Rent it and try out for yourself.

That's what they're doing to us, not what we're doing to them. Again, if they'd just not called it Monster Hunter and made it entirely separately instead of replacing Monster Hunter with it, no one would give a shit, same with Persona 3 or Castlevania Lords of Shadow or any other godawful reinvention sequel that killed the series whose names they took.

I'm not paying for PS online unless I know I'm on board with the game for the upcoming year or two, and I still need to complete MH4U. I still have a bunch of older installments to go back to anyways with that PPSSPP thing too, so idk. I'm content enough trying and failing to solo Dala over and over again.

You don't need to sage. We reached the bump limit ages ago.

You're wrong. Let's take it step by step,

This isn't really about "taste", everyone here has a taste for mon hun, it's a matter of quality and wether you care or not about it.
Every fan of a sane mind has a heirarchy for the series, the problem is that something like World might well be close to the bottom had any of its demo qualities stayed in its retail version. What is not fine is saying "MHW IS THE BEST I AM GOING TO PRE-ORDER THE BEST MH GAEM EVER" or defending obviously horrendous game design. Any such character should get rightfully bullied the fuck off this thread and Holla Forums all-together if they do not already know better.
Just not true. Discussion is discusion, it usually goes somewhere and even if it doesn't, it shouldn't be discouraged. (specially when it's about whether this new title is good or bad)
Also is key.

This is Holla Forums anyways, why are you surprised?

Not to mention complaining on an anonymous board wont do anything.

When you first start the game it gives you 2 days of ps+ for free if you dont have any.

user I know exactly why you dont like the game, I'm just sick of all of this arguing and bad autism. This shit has been going on for MONTHS. Its getting tiring by now.

You're right, it is pretty tiring having Capcom wasting time and money killing Monster Hunter for the sake of appealing to cancerous shits, all while gullible idiots and paid shills shitpost here constantly about how it's a good thing and we're all bad people for liking video games. Too bad it's going to just keep happening.

The game begins to feel more like 4u in treks of monster damage about the time you fight Tobi

YOU don't like it. You.

No it doesn't at all. The damage never ramps up enough that the mantles are even close to a good addition.

You can swap out the "Monster Hunter" in this post for pretty much any IP Capcom owns and the whole post would work just as well. It's going to keep happening to MH, and everything else Capcom owns, because Capcom is retarded, incapable of learning, and hellbent on killing off every single franchise it owns. They've done it countless times before, and they'll keep doing it until they either go bankrupt or run out of innovative new ways to further shit up the franchises they've already ruined.

I actually thought of world as a spinoff in order to make me cope with the changes more. It is definitely different but I found out that its still a good and VERY enjoyable game but not for the small faction of mh fans who shit on it

Dude, capcom is making a shitload of money with world, its a good game and most people like it, the only ones who hate it are paranoid/arrogant people like you who think they are better than other people for liking a certain fucking videogame and mad that a game is different than the previous one.
Grow the fuck up or get another hobby if you cant handle insignificant shit like that.

All right lads, I just got going and i'm now able to use the Gathering Hall.

on my way to join

cute snek

Yes it fucking does you lying faggot. I was in fully upgraded bone armor and the little nigger killed me in two hits.

B-but I shouldn't be in any danger at all! Mommy capcom please give me a mantle that negates all damage!

if you post a room right this second, I'll join you and knock it out fast.

Why the fuck would you use that over a mantle that gives you a chance to sharpen and pot for free every 3 minutes. You'd have to be a turbo bad.

Boys, what we have here, is a roastie.

I'll be away for 3 hours. Sorry friend.
The gathering hall is not how you connect. You have to join sessions. and keep track of any changes to the IDs like
What you can do is join that session and do quests while you're in there. It shouldn't change naything in progress, you can do everything the same way you would when offliine.

This is retarded. you shouldn't be happy someone stole from you, as it shows there's people who are amoral, and don't care about anyone over themselves. furthermore, most bike thefts are from people who don't need bikes, but in turn sell them off at a profit across state lines, and have garages full of bikes for the purpose of selling. your bike means fuckall to them. it's just a numbers thing. So, grats for being a cuck. Meanwhile, if my game series is ruined and you think I should be happy about that, I think you should put a bullet in your head. that'd make me happier than it makes you sad.

Why are all the Japanese players so shit at this game?

Yeah I should stop that. I forgot I was on Holla Forums for a bit.

Japs were never good at video games, you should see them play EDF.

He says it like it's a bad thing that he can't think of a reason why the rampant casualization of world is good and not just murdering a franchise people liked.

Showed me.

Spotted the retard.

Entry level faggot here, got my bagpipe mallet for maximum heritage.
Anything I should know as I delve into this mechanics nightmare that isn't spelled out about it, but buried? I see the two types have some very different tree and some note variation.
Any benefit to the bone one besides earplugs buff?

I am for the most part pretty happy with world.

It's fun, my only issue is gathering hall is dead because you only depart and never return. I was excited to see 16 hunters in a gathering hall but the game is easier to play by spamming quests at camp.

I get the impression this game is an attempt to make a "console" MonHun instead of a handheld one. The game seems designed from the ground up for long play sessions and not bite sized commute style gameplay. You can restock at camp, go on quests in the open environment, the only reason you ever need to go back to the hub is to craft and upgrade and get new story bits. It's a fun game.

I think my main issue so far is that all the weapons look so damn samey.

I don't know. I don't use girly weapons. I only use the Chad Blade.

Ditch the horn because it's actually useless in this gen. Lowest damage bar none, the buffs got nerfed to compensate for new interactions. And aside from that, there's a fucking list of what songs a horn has in game.

The horn is fine they didn't nerd shit. The beta horn just had low tier songs. Stop giving out old info.

It's so old info which is why all the newer info has it be a 2% drop from the old songs.

Yea but I kind of like how the weapons use the ore and bones as a base and then use the monster parts as a flourish too. It always felt stupid to me how a weapon you merely upgraded looks entirely different.

You mean lance, right?

Pretty sure a space marine would use a funlance over any of the alternative weapon options

Not even close.

Speaking of Great Dick, I don't think I've seen an armor set with crit draw on it yet.

To think all you people could be such mental midgets. The greatest weapon is obviously the Switch Axe, the power of a great sword combined with the sharpness and attack speed of a longsword. This is truly a patricians weapon.

This

Sorry, but I'd like to actually play the game. I don't need the highest DPS or fastest kill times to splatter a monster across the walls, but thanks anyways.

The LR Diablos helmet has it.

GS cannot even come close.

So, choosing it is self imposed hard mode?

My lads. Welcome back.

I finished early, logging back in. Hopefully the session is still up. (hosting automatically changes when one host leaves)

Its depressing typical Holla Forums cancer came to Monster Hunter nothing is safe

I know some of you like to jack off over the bow gun and stand by it but to me it never felt right to use on the 3DS even with the fucking C-Stick. Actually using a controller makes it feel natural now.

I've always shied away from using them before now, but maybe I'll give LBG a try in 8 months when the PC version releases

Please, the hammer is the one true weapon above all else, being able to knock monster unconcious for even more combos. And even setting the monster up for others truly gives it merit for users being considered hammerbro

If this game does anything right, it's the controls and weapons.
I feel like I could play with any weapon with little to no trouble mastering after a few hunts.
Fuck. Every time I feel there's something good here, something else ruins it.

I had a nice giggle reading through the weapon posts. Never gets old.

Truly, a man of culture.

Pretty much yeah.

Again, if it were a spinoff, like XX was, that wouldn't be quite so bad, though it still wouldn't be a defense for the game as a standalone. Unfortunately, unlike XX, World is intended to be Monster Hunter 5, and thus the direction the series will take if it's successful.

Yes, MonHun fans are a small faction compared to the casual normalfags World is targeting.

[citation required]

No it isn't

Because "most people" don't like Monster Hunter, and World was specifically designed to appeal to people who don't like Monster Hunter.

it's
[citation needed]
I'm an autist

Shit.
Nothing to be ashamed of user, it's always better to be a stickler for accuracy than not

EVER?

Meet the new king of KO. I'd have made it into a webm but I've no idea how to pull videos of twitter
twitter.com/Apexg4ming/status/956964039527149569

Put "mobile." in front of the url, play the video, right click and download
Make the link like this.
mobile.twitter.com/Apexg4ming/status/956964039527149569

It's a terrible monster hunter game and perfect for the casual "muh dark souls" crowd. It's extremely mediocre considering all the dumbing down.
You keep mistaking us being mad that it's worse for being mad that it's different. Nobody cares that they add or remove shit, it's what they add or remove that's important.
You grow the fuck up.

So, I finished MonHun Stories, and I just have to say they shouldn't have gone the shonen route. What's more, they kept shoving that damn Rathalos in your face from the midpoint right until the end, basically nullifying the desire to "bond" with your actual favorite monster. Why even give you the choice of a custom character, if you can't get your Aptonoth or Velocidrome to shine a white light from your power of friendship?

Cheval is a bitch and I didn't give a shit about his turn-around, since it was bound to happen.

That said, Genes were a good way to help your favorites sit at the top with other 9-star monsters. Some dude took an Aptonoth to the Fatalis fight and killed it. That fucking appeals to me.

My main is a Barroth that I gave Fire-resistance genes to, and some genes I can't remember that boost it's natural attributes. Plus it's my personal bike, which could possibly translate to how a high handlebars bike feels.

Just had the first fight that gives you that shaky feeling as its down to one cart left and the most is a noticeable step up. Odogron was a fun challenge. Felt like a Lost Planet 2 boss. Definitely the point it gets to monhun and stops feeling like a tutorial.

No one ITT should be having a hard time with low rank.

Has anyone else had HR quests drop them off at random spots instead of camps? I didn't think they did that anymore, but just now had an investigation and a story quest do it - one time right on top of an Anjanath.
And HR does pick up the difficulty - Anjanath's fire breath one-shot me with full health and decent fire resists, though my health buffs weren't maxed.

Also Bezelgeuse is a fucking asshole. At least his music's good

i call him ac130, he is a fucking asshole, i just got twice, i just need a firecell stone to make my new swaxe. anyone far enough to know where firecell stones drop?

Anajanath on low rank is pretty FUCKING scary too. That snout move he does can one shot you if you aren't careful.

Anjanath rekt me only because I kept underestimating him based on how ez he was from the beta.

It seems you can hadouken monsters in the face now.
Youtube embed because Holla Forums doesn't let me put the hooktube link.

That looks hilarious I wonder if you can shoryuken them too.

I noticed my Anjanath set has a 3 piece set bonus is this normal later on? Do most of the higher rank sets have interesting bonuses?

Why wouldn't it?

Yo, anyone still online or awake?
Anyone want to help me kill some HR G.Jagras?
I need to upgrade my SA.

Monster Hunter World
PS4

PSN: meowreka
disagreement: bzk#9184
My server: disagreement.gg/GdAADT
Steam: id/bulletwithbutterflywings

pls add

so lonely

maybe if you take off those panties

Listen here you little newfaggot. Don't you ever, EVER post your fucking disagreement link in any thread anywhere on Holla Forums unless absolutely necessary.
Also, what the fuck are you doing posting your psn ID or shitcord ID anywhere on here? It's called an anonymous mongolian basket weaving forum for a reason.
Thirdly, lurk before posting. Fuck. This is elementary. Scroll up and look for the /mhg/ squad.
fourth: she's fat but somehow cute

I want to get this game but can't justify the price of a bloodborne box on top of online psn and the game itself. It's a ridiculous amount of money. Seriously, how has the ps4 not depreciated in value? It's almost the same price as when it came out and its been 6 fucking years.

Apparently the removal of gunner and swordsman armor is canon and it happened in the world as well as in game.

I know your lonely but come on user.

You dont need PSN to play, but just play the DS or PSP games until the PC releases if you dont already have a PS4.

Are you talking about pro? You could get the regular.
It won't be horrible if you get to play mhw a bit earlier and bloodborne.
I wouldn't get the console just for mh if I were you. Wait for pc release.

World is technically my second Monster hunter game, the first being MH4U but I'm cursed to never have a working DS so that was short-lived. I'm getting mixed feelings from this thread but I just want to know is the Hunting Horn really worse in this game? I have no real frame of reference for this. I just want the comfy experience I keep hearing about in these threads.

What's a good tactic to solo gog? I always fail due to notime, even when I use the dragon piercer when available.
I'm using La merveille with a mix set giving HG Earplug - Challenger +1 - Mounting master - Critical Eye +1 and Razor Sharp. I could use the Stygian Acedia GS but I'd have to grind a new armor set.

Everyone's offline at this point. You won't see any hosts till tomorrow mid day I would think.

I have mostly the same feelings. I was worried about the appearance of casualization in previews, but playing the game show details the previews did not that balances things out. Especially moving around with potions. As you said, you still need to finish the full animation for the item to take affect, and if you fail to complete the animation, you lose the item without gaining its effects.

The quality of life improvements are my favorite changes. Finally, after 10+ years, I don't need to open a wiki to find drop tables, upgrade paths, and locational damage. Infinite whetstones, picks, and nets just make sense, because you never ran out of them in other games anyway. Automatic crafting means less time preparing and more time questing. It's all positive.

Tracking flies are dumb, I agree. Why can't there be an option to turn down their effects like with Flash Bombs and such in other MH games?

My remaining concern is endgame difficulty. It sounds like Mantles completely break the game. Hopefully there are future plans for a G Rank difficulty that can justify the absurdity of Mantles.

Overall, I have no idea why World was initially presented as some kind of spin off. Because it plays just like Monster Hunter, only with more muh immershun.

After going in with a few variants, having never played any monhuns before, I can say the horn gets the job done.
Being able to paralyze the shit out of jumpy mc spits'alot was cathartic.

Except you're still forgetting the part where that animation is short as hell, and you can spend the whole time running to avoid attacks instead of taking your hits if you were dumb enough to not time your uses properly. Even the 'losing the item' isn't such a big penalty when you have infinite items. Don't forget also that you can move while firing Bowguns and with that new shoulder tackle you can even cancel out of charging the Greatsword.

You don't have to open up an outside wiki, I presume you mean. That said, if you actually want precise statistics, well, the in-game wiki is worthless since you'll still be hitting up Ping or Kiranico anyway.

It also means less time dodging the monster's attacks while you whip up some fresh items/ammunition, because that was just too goshdarn hard

I've only used Hunting Horn a handful of times, so I'm no expert on it or its history, so I might be a bit off on this info. In 4U, it was the worst weapon in the entire game, using time attacks as a frame of reference it took almost twice as long on average to finish a hunt than the best weapons. From what I've heard, it was nerfed in Generations but got a new (somewhat useful) feature, Double Notes, intended to offset this nerf; it didn't help much though, and it was still the worst weapon in that game. World removed the Double Note feature Generations added but kept its nerfs, and then further nerfed it by weakening the buffs it can give. I've heard some people claim its KO values were also nerfed in World but I haven't seen any hard numbers on that yet, so I'm not sure. Basically, it was the worst weapon in the game, then they nerfed it to be even worse while buffing most other weapons, then they decided it needed to be nerfed it again while buffing everything else, so it's almost definitely going to be the worst weapon in World.
But don't let any of that get in the way of using it. Hunting Horn may not be the fastest weapon, but every single weapon type is viable, and even if it might be harder and might take longer, you can still complete the entire game using only Hunting Horns. Plus, those time attack references are based on the absolute top level of play; for lower skill levels, the time difference between weapons is relatively much smaller. An extra 2 minutes is a HUGE difference in a 3 minute speed run. An extra 2 minutes, or even 5 minutes, is relatively a much smaller difference in an ordinary and more casual 15 or 20 minute hunt.

Could you explain what you mean by "automatic crafting"?

It was never presented as a spin off. It's been presented as the next main series game since the start. World is MH5 with a more approachable and newfag friendly title. The only people I've seen claiming it was one were people here trying to cope with it by pretending it was just another spinoff like Generations.

Just a quick heads up, don't forget to send and receive guild cards they are useful for sending Safari's. Which means don't forget to gear up your palicoes!

That does look pretty fu-

I'm honestly surprised any of that stuff is free at all.

Automatic crafting is a feature that lets you automatically craft an item when you pick up the relevant ingredients.
You can enable it for specific recipes in your crafting list. There are a few that are on by default like potions, mega potions, etc.

Hunting horn really got the shaft in the last few years. Aside from the nerfs, the horn didn't even get anything new in World except the waddle. It's a stark contrast from the bowguns massive QoL updates and buffs. I'm fairly certain that bowguns are better KO weapons in this game than the horn.

It's sad. In Gen and XX SnS was a better KO weapon than horn, now in World even SA is a better KO weapon than Horn. It's really sad to see how far it's fallen. It's an incredibly fun weapon, and it has a very unique and extremely fluid fighting style. I don't just mean the music and notes themselves, but the way the weapon controls, and the way its attacks all flow into each other, is unlike any other weapon. It felt clunky and unwieldy at first, but that was only until realizing how it works and more importantly WHY it works that way, and discovering that it's designed with surprising elegance.
I had started using it shortly after burning out on XX, and it was fun enough to let me squeeze out a few more hours, but I couldn't keep going. I'll need to give it more time whenever I next play.

That's the issue with horn, it's designed well, but capcom fucking hates the shit out of it. They for some reason think that it should be a pure buffing weapon, except they nerfed the buffs. In addition to nerfing all of it's MVs and trying to offload them onto the perform, which means you just do less damage overall. Not to mention it's whole niche used to be that it was good at stuns, so they removed that too.

I don't know who the fuck is in charge of balancing and why they hate horn so much. I fucking mained horn for a long ass time, and it's bordering on "just fucking remove it from the game if you're gonna nerf it this hard each iteration capcom"

I think your logic is flawed there, if an expert player takes 2 minutes with gs and 4 minutes with HH, an intermediate player would be taking 15-20 minutes with gs and 30-40 minutes with hh, not 12 minutes. Additionally, the longer a quest drags on the less effective stun, flash, pit/shock traps and exhaust will be, as well as your investment into the quest increasing such that your inclined to play more safely, particularly considering how much more vulnerable the hh is than other weapons in solo play. These factors result in a compounding extension to quest time you wouldn't see in a TA run, making it even worse for hh.
I know from experience I cleared a quest playing lazily with cb in 4u and got a time a little less than 10 minutes or so, I later tried with hh and played fairly hard and got a time around 23 minutes. Frankly, against any reasonably difficult monster in normal play I really do think there are instances where a hh would actually stand a chance of clocking out. GQ140s, most elder dragons and quite a few hyper monsters for example, I would be genuinely concerned about whether I could win without having very a specific item+skill set for that quest.

17-22 minutes with that example

Join eigth fleet. We do need more members.

Hey when's PC?

At autumn.

August*

Is PSN down for anyone? Or is it just me?

Nevermind, just googled it. It's down
please use archive.is/articles/psn-servers-are-down-again-for-ps4-and-ps3-players/1100-6456388/

Guess we're going solo till it's back up. I'll keep checking twitter+jewgle for updates.

people are playing online in streams tho

forgot
archive.is/5bAF6

are you sure about that?

If there are 2-3 guys in same quest, yeah. Though they are japanese and they said their maintenance ended like ~1h ago.

What counts as a flying wyvern? for the weekly submissions.

Fuck, I didn't meant to quote.

Weak to thunder and dragon. Ability to fly seems to be secondary requirement because akantor and ukanlos are counted as flying wyverns, despite acting mechanically like elder dragons.

I just killed nose tiranosaur, how long until I reach my first Wyvern so I can start doing the events before they end?

'till psn is back up.

PSN is on already. And I believe it was the Monster Hunter server what felt.

Well it's not for me or people on twitter apparently.

Wtf why so late? Are they shaking hands with Denuvo?

Weird. When did PSN crashed? I played until 2 hours ago.

Is Citra at a stable enough point for MH4U emulation?

Yeah. Stable 4fps.

its literally the same monster hunter as the previous ones.
change the cats weapon or dont bring him
don't take em
dont use it retard

literally every single gripe in this game can be just ignored and you will have the same experienced as before

monsters still hit like a truck in high rank, g rank monsters never appeared on the first iteration in each entry. the only reasons fags hate is because they dont have means to get it. if this shit was on pc right away and it was day one pirate you faggots would be all over it

Any rooms? I want to hunt in low rank. I want my rathian plates.

Low rank is definitely the easiest it has ever been. I have never wanted to grind HR so fast in a MonHun before.

Except the fucked up armor/skill system, the environmental traps, the oversized maps, the glowing green shit, the monsters ignoring the players to fuck each other up…

I have only seen one turf war in my entire 20 hours playing this game. The environmental traps barely last for a second. You really need to shut the fuck up about this shit. It's not game breaking at all. At worst it's just flavor. I saw more turf wars in the 30+ hours I out into all 3 betas than I have the entire actual game.

>just don't do x and it won't ruin the experience
This is always a stupid thing to say.
It's there. It shouldn't be. Giving players free passes makes it feel like an easier game where it doesn't need to be.

This game would be perfect if it didn't have some of these bullshit free heals, storage access in quests, and some other things that I can't remember. I don't doubt g rank will be harder though.

I still can't connect to MHW online sessions. Why the fuck is this happening to me? I want rathian pieces too.

Can you change the color of your cat later?
If not. Fuck it i'll restart.

FINALLY I CAN CONNECT
Eigth Fleet squad session ID: MhuA6p7vT8J
Joining the session does not change anything. It's like a LAN or lobby. You can still solo quests. This means you can join and continue on as normal while chatting.
When you post a non-assigned quest, it will be visible to the rest of us and we can join before you depart.

For those who still need an invite: just type in the ID in "join online session" | "search via ID"

>>14230638 old
>>14231300 old

oops

deleted that old one, refresh page to remove

Holy shit

With the new game there is a lot to talk.

The only downside I've seen in the game is that monsters are a lot weaker. Even making me believe I'm good with the game.

Just a silly question, but am I the only one who put the monster hunter language instead of any other language.

There's a new thread if you didn't already know

I obviously didn't because I'm dumb.

That's a pretty damn big downside.

If any Anons from here are actually playing the game, they definitely have. No one wants to actually listen to that horrifying creature talk at you.