Bloodborne

Anyone still playing this game on their respective Bloodborne-box? Cause I only played it just now
Tell me Holla Forums, how do you deal with finishing the utter slog that are Chalice Dungeons?
I’ve done a Depth 3 Phtumerian Dungeon and I already felt the boredom that is starting to sink in. I just want those blood gems damnit and why do I have to slog through these awful re-hashed dungeons, goddamnit

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/lLRxa
please
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is there any reason to get a ps4 except for Yakuza and Bloodborne?

Netflix

Was The Last Guardian worth getting?

Surely you're joking.

I’m sorry user, it was shit. It got released and nobody fucking cared.

I've also just started and I'm not sure what to put my levels into.
Is arcane or bloodtinge worth it? What are the best weapons?

PFFFFFT HHHAHAHAHAHA

Depends what you feel like doing. Typically, Arcane is not worth it as the weapons come late into the game. Bloodtinge is kind of gun focused though there are weapons that scale with bloodtinge. Guns can be pretty damaging with the right stats, upgrades and consumables.

Generally just stick with Skill or Strength. Immediate weapons that benefit you, most variety of weapons, simpler leveling and upgrading. Up to you though.

I did not get very far in Chalice Dungeons because they are really boring. If I could be bothered to do try them again I'd just use a guide to make the boring parts go by faster.

user i'm also in the same boat with you here. My first build is a strength build who for some reason looks vaguely jewish with some points put into Arcane to be able to use the items. It went pretty well, since i used the Kirkhammer. For Bloodtinge / Arcane builds, then you better wait for fucking end-game since that's where you get the weapons for those builds.Already made 2 chars for said build tbh, and i've put extra work to making them look extra-qttfw max chest slider is c-cupOh well, you can't have everything
I've heard that Ludwig's Holy Blade is good for any builds, and so far they're right. It has a nice moveset, nice damage, pretty good scaling with STR/DEX and ARC if infused (Bloodgems).

Pause Menu Drake is one of the most slavic memes in existence

Do a str/skill build wth Ludwig's holy blade y you want easy mode.
Also low insight, beast blood pellets and fire/bolt paper.

Is this from cuckchan?

clearly this is bait
right?

9/10 bait pic here is your (you)

it still hurts

I did a Bloodtinge run. You do piss damage with your primaries unless you comb Chalice Dungeons for the right blood gems. Go to Cainhurst as early as possible and then run through everything to get the Chikage. The best Bloodtinge weapons are in The Old Hunters. Go Bloodletter if you have strength/Bloodtinge, Bowblade if you have Skill/Bloodtinge.

They should have done more with insight and armors. There is no reason to have high insight or wear the armor with low frenzy resist if your going arcane build except for RP purposes. Having high insight is actually a detriment cause of frenzy. Beasthood is also useless cause it does nothing outside of beast blood pellets and the beast claws. They dropped the ball here

I was disappointed when the game came out and arcane builds were basically fucked, I wanted to make a cultist-type and the spells kind of sucked. The DLC helped out a lot with the build though.

there is a bloodborne wiki… fexasomething that has chalice codes to be able to hook up and find people. its alot more fun with more people.
good luck fighting defiled amygdala. hopefully you have a ranged build. i had to beat that fucking thing with the damn big sword.

i stuck with it because i wanted to play the extra bosses.

holy fuck, thats better than reddit, but has 4cuck Holla Forums really gone that far?

calling beasthood useless is disingenuous.
Combined with LHB or the sawblade melts through most bosses.
Yes, they could have done much more with it, but it's not useless.

user, its telling that even Bloodborne still has unfinished content inside it. Just think what things that we'll have if From had a little more time to add things in it

Isn't the only armor in the game is the cainhurst armor? Which looks shit tbh, the Knight's set is superior in every A E S T H E T I C way, and since armor in Bloodborne is almost null, then Fashion Souls is the only reason i wear armour

not until i need it, i can play offline pretty well
I wrecked her rather easily at the Nightmare frontier, i got hit once or twice though and i used the tonitrus since i'm on a strength build. I tried to use the cannon but i fucking missed TWICE and only hit her body for like 400+ Damage
Whats up with the defiled chalice dungeons? Is it cheap or something? I see more people having more trouble with it than the Depth dungeons. I know that it reduces the HP to like 50% but you can spam the dodge button like a spastic fucker in this game and not get punished for it.
Holy shit, props to the nip doing this

If it was intergrated more into the game then it would be fine but you can go the whole game with out knowing what it does or that it even exists!

there is no comparison between amygdala and defiled amygdala. for one, your max HP is cut in half for the entire dungeon. Amygdala seems to be able to take an insane amount of damage, and you fight "her" in a small room. the same boss room as all the others.
because of the HP penalty you basically have to beat the boss without getting hit once.

I also fought her when i was in NG+++ so it may have been harder for me, but i dont really know if NG+ has an effect in the dungeons.

the cannon is so useless now. They nerfed it into infinity after it was able to one shot everyone

The cannon was absurd even with low bloodtinge in a new game, as long as you had bone ash nothing in the game could stop you.

i was one of the assholes that abused these exploits to death.
remember how flat damage gems worked on the rifle spear? if you had a gem that did +2 fire, it would add +2 fire damage per pellet. it was just cruel. and hit harder than a level10 memeblade.
if someone invaded, i would have a cannon in one hand, the sword/pistol in the other, and bone ash at the ready. they'd bow, id shoot them with my sword pistol and stun them, then hit them with the cannon. no survivors.

the game had so many ways to abuse people.

The canon doesnt really scale off bloodtinge. Having high bloodtinge wont it increase it much or at all

Is the Pizza cutter worth it? Is it a straight upgrade compared to the saw cleaver?

It has E scaling in Bloodtinge which means that its pretty much fuckn useless if you want to scale with it

Jesus that sounds terrible
I fucking hate Chalice dungeons, unfortunately its the only place where i can grind blood echoes / blood gems efficiently

By not finishing them. I liked them at first, but after 4-5 I couldn't bring myself to do any more and stopped. Cool idea and all, but they get old after a few. And the hardest shit that would justify farming the best gems is in the CDs anyway, so you're just slogging through shit you don't like to do more shit you probably won't like.

the pizza cutter is one of the best weapons and easy to obtain so yeah

I ignored the chalice dungeons for the most part. They're really shitty but thankfully you're never forced to go through them.

That's the thing, my autism compels me to do them just to get the bloodgems / blood echoes to make my character stronger and to try and kill Queen Yharnam to 100% the game. I know, i fucking hate chalice dungeons, so thats why i try and do them first before i tackle the story and DLC. Maybe in NG+ i can even immerse myself even deeper into the game, since i did that at the earlier parts before the Chalice Dungeon bullshit nagged on my head.
Still, it had some neat bosses, the Undead Giant with Wrecking-Balls jabbed onto its back is my favorite of the lot.

Is Bloodborne better than Souls? I have a Bloodborne box but I still don't have the game yet. I'd like to wait for the Complete Edition to go on sale for something like around 15$

It has its moments, but if you thought the issue with DaS 2 & 3 were too many humanoid enemies in armor, then BB does the same with fats hulking beasts that flail around forever, the camera is the worst in the Souls games, the parry mechanic isn't as enjoyable (debatable), the chalice dungeons are a bore as said in the OP and the game is very short compared to the others.

That said, I think it's good and with Nioh the only game I can really think of even considering getting a PS4 for (I loaned ot from a friend for both these games). The trick weapons are fun, playing more aggressively is a welcome update to those who used to play with shields in other Souls games and I like the viscera and blood effects, not to mention some of the bosses are so good you'd be missing out if you're a fan of other Souls games, some fights are utterly hectic and getting it done nets a better feeling than in many other games.

Nioh is on PC

Shit man I always forget.

Already 100%'d it and beat it several times.

Yeah just got it
Its so fucking great

Nigger, if a console is memed as to having only 1 worthy exclusive to the point that its called the platform to play said game, you know that its worth it. thhis user here is right for the most part but he forgets about how actually great the PvE was, even if it gets kinda old on the second run. It also has neat visual details that will please nitpicky nerds like i do.
Hell, i could say that the whole game is a visual feast even if its limited by it console.

Looks like i was late to the part I got the game at 20% off and its GOTY edition so i don't have to download the thing through PSN
No biggie, atleast PvP isn't the main focus here, and boy does it shows. Thank fucking GOD Hunter NPC encounters only last once. The fucker that wrecked Eileen is the worst fucking offender.
Seriously, fuck that guy.

People said that this game was supposed to look good, but when I finally played it on somebody else's Bloodborne Station I couldn't get over how absolutely garbage the 30fps looks. Seriously, how do you consolefags get over this? Even DS3 at least runs at 60. It feels like the PS4 is heavily struggling to run it, to the point where it's barely even playable to me, I dunno how people could enjoy this.

I restarted with the axe. I'm enjoying this game much better now.
Do the werewolves on the bridge respawn after you kill them? Also how the fuck do you kill them and that one bardiche asshole?

Needs thick rimmed glasses.

Martyr Logarius is quite fun to fight.
He kicked my bloody arse three times already, the second being a simple 3-hit scythe combo at his initial stage.
Unlike most other big prey, this one feels like a typical spellblade boss from your average hack n' slash game. Yet, somehow, FS managed to make him not very outstandish in terms of style and theme.
This one is the hardest for me so far in in this game. Even when I manage to chip out his hp with visceral attacks, the sword he sticks into the roof to summon smaller blades just messes my rhytm up, because when I switch to it to break it and lose my stamina in the process, some of the blades pierce me and then the Martyr finishes me off with one of his combos.
It kind of feels like a waste to kill such a boss I know he's optional, but my autism demands me to kill every hostile thing.

Yes. Both of them.
Try to aggro 1 of them and use charged attack on him before the second one decides to attack. Also be careful with their attacks with long animation charging because these are really nasty. Also keep your distance longer than their fast claw sweep attacks, because dodging charge-ups or jumps are easier to avoid.
Or you could try shooting the aggroed one in the mug just as his simple attack lands on you so you could use the superior visceral attack.
The fatty is not really worth it if you have a hard time dealing with him because there will be more of these as average mobs. Just keep your distance long enough so he won't do his insanely fast upside-down short ranged attack, attack him at average distance and don't waste too much stamina on it as you will have to dodge his combos you probably have to die a few times to get the timing right.

Fuck. I was hoping they were going to be like the oni in Nioh, especially since the one in the clinic didn't respawn.

I suspected that and that's why I wanted to practice on him. I started trying to fight him after I was having a problem with Cleric Beast using the whip and I figured if I couldn't beat him then I couldn't beat CB either. Then I just said fuck it and restarted with the hunter's axe and beat CB in one go without much trouble.
I'm guessing that pig in the sewer is going to be a huge pain in the ass too. I saw it but I elected not to aggro it.

That's the stuff.

I still feel shame knowing that i can only beat this bastard by abusing parries, no matter the build i decide to use against him.

Anyone have that post of some greentext of an user running through the forest area and fighting Rom?

Blow it out your ass, there's no point in fucking whining about things we already fucking know. It would be better if we get 60fps it without having to buy the goy version of the bloodborne-box but that's console kikery for you

Thank you kind user

I don't think the PS4Pro has Bloodborne at 60 FPS either. Maybe it's less likely to slow down, but I haven't heard of anything being done to make it run at 60 FPS.

Then you really need to go all the way through. It's only cursed depth 5 gems that are worth the trouble.

Kos Parasite. A very fun and unique weapon. ARC barely gets diminishing returns so you can keep pumping on it and this weapon has no requirements outside of ARC.
If you want to compliment ARC with other stats, I'd say what will give you the most bang for your buck will be a Fire Saw Cleaver and a Bolt Ludwig's; these will stack two attributes against a respective enemy type - fire and serrated against beasts; bolt and thrust against kin.
Moonlight Great Sword is also super fun, arguably the best in the series. I'd recommend something like 30 STR-50 ARC for it.

Chikage, Bow Blade and Reiterpallasch if complimented with Skill. Bloodletter if equally split with STR.
Evelyn for both.

You can sneak up on that particular one but, rule of thumb, even if a feral feminist is looking at you, just charge past it and do a back visceral. Pigs always do a loud squeal when they notice you, they don't immediately attack.

Ditto. I can now beat him with little trouble at around Lv40 but in my first play through, he beat my ass so hard, I let the fight on hold until end NG (Lv60).

It doesn't run 60 on the pro and probably never will unless From gives it a patch, the one thing it can probably fix with its boost mode is the frame drops when there a ton of effects and enemies on the screen.

Occasionally. I recently got back into Warhammer 40k so I made a character based on Konrad Curze of the Night Lords. Wish you could alter the height of your character but if you shrink the head and bulk up the rest of the dude, it kinda looks like a space marine on a primative world. Yharnam is alot like Nostramo might be like. Just gotta find pair of Lightning Claws.

Pic related is probably the closest you'll get, if you bring bolt paper with you constantly.

Needs to be updated, contra/v/ might not like it but its still miles better than what you'd find elsewhere on the net.

Don't do what I did.
Don't, on your first play ever, pump arcane alone to 70 before touching any other stat.

I melted the great white bitch in fourty seconds flat, but holy fuck was the rest of the journey impossible until I got the Executioner's Gauntlets & the Tiny Tonitrus.

They suck and would have been better off if you didn't need to find the lever to open the boss gate, exploring for ritual shit should have been enough incentive.

But, my man, 70-99 arcane builds are possibly the absolute best. Truly the most fun and OP way to play.

Do Chalice Dungeons between regular content areas to space them out; never ignore and leave them until the postgame where it'll be a slog. People in their level 100-150 finished builds only just starting the first static Pthumeru chalice- and getting ludicrously handheld when I was phantoming- are just sad, and incredibly bored no doubt. Look up one of those old recommended co-op range lists; they're probably meaningless under most circumstances, but useful for your purposes as they were for mine.

If you've cleared an area and are 'underleveled' for the next area compared to the upper average range, go do some chalice content until you've had your fill or you're threatening to go above the 'proper' level of the main game area. This way, you're never going full bore binging through Chalice content unless you disregard the ruleset because you want to, for whatever reason you may have.

just ignore them alltogether because they're the same 5 rooms strung together over and over and are a fucking horrible design choice

Yeah, the crow will wreak your shit unless you know the cheese. That wasn’t the fight that taught me that healing could be parried. Helped me out in pvp when you would have scrubs spamming blood vials.

The old man is clearly intended to have a shader to make him transparent.

*wasn’t*
Was.

isn't that just martyr with a different shader

That video is shit, here's a proper video of the enemy spawning naturally in a dungeon. Check the rest of the channel for a bunch of unused content, this is the place all the other YouTubers are first learning about this stuff.

Getting oneshot by Rom wasn't very thrilling. I didn't start blowing out assholes again until the One Reborn.
Just saying to any anons jumping in, arcane on the second playthrough.

I think I know what I'm doing when I pick it up again, tho.

Picking over SanadSK's cut content videos, the more I see here, the more it seems that Bloodborne was at once meant to be a more on-the-nose Demon's Souls successor (beyond just reusing the line 'umbasa') and was never initially intended to be as description-reliant or ambiguous; there was a great deal more dialogue with perfect, unambiguous clarity, and plenty of characters had different roles. Of all people, Micolash was going to be younger, mild-mannered, and a hub NPC in Oedon Chapel, for example. The Cleric Beast at the bridge was one Mozgus-looking Father Norbert rather than an unknown. Ebrietas is mentioned by name in the Blood Ministers' dialogue, and for that matter the Blood Minister doesn't end up beast chow, he survives all the way through your transfusion, alludes to your nightmare and sets you on your way; killing him is what brings up the mention of Ebrietas. And a rather peculiar bit of dialogue from the distinctly non-dead Byrgenwerth watchman- he has quite a lot of dialogue, in fact- with multiple variations, addressing you as his first visitor in some time. A year. A decade. Two decades. A half-century. A full century. It reeks of Dark Souls 2 and its long-cut time traveling, the rump of which manifested in the ashen mist-unlocked giants' dreams. And another bit from the Suspicious Man, who originally would've given explicit and helpful direction while lambasting you as 'frailminded infected' and 'not normal no matter how much you pretend to be,' in exchange for blood. And rather than Paleblood, one originally searched for Sages' Blood, which was referenced in one of the earliest leaks.

There are scads of more medieval-looking armor sets & non-trick weapons, suggesting the technology range was supposed to be from the 1600s onwards, and not the more narrow range of 1700-1800s. Matchlocks rub shoulders with the Brown Bess in the dummied early firearms. Sword & board figure prominently in distinctly un-Trick Weapon forms, since that is very obviously a post-prealpha development. The basic shape of things taking inspiration from both Lovecraft's C'thulhu Mythos and his Dream Cycle was all the same, but there was all manner of other interesting strange things in the mix than the binary Beast-Werewolves and Kin-Old Ones dichotomy of major enemies, which rather explains the odd man out undead in the Chalices amongst others; there's a fat pigman-beast with a mushroomy set of horns, skullfaced devils with the same aesthetic as the Watchdog of the Old Lords, or a giant talwar wielding skeleton. There's a 'Great One Beast' that looks alike to some sort of lion-wolf-dragon with possibly a Dragon God doublemouth, golden armored 'shrine knight' beasts with crescent slotted shields and great weapons, seemingly headed by a huge knight boss with a big draconic helm crest, some very Cainhurst-like iconography, and a flare-maned desiccated beasthorse.

The Moon Presence in particular had at least two iterations for its main form design, and more importantly was meant to be fought in a second, final form deep in a dummied out chalice on a great gray beach strand that looks not unalike to Kos' grave, but even moreso looks like the dwelling ground of The Old One; in this form it is a vestigial torso attached to a gigantic fleshpile with huge anemone tendrils that scrape the sky. The greater variety of creature types seems suggestive that the game was originally substantially more slanted towards the Dream Cycle in both cosmology and in the grab-bag of weird tales & venues. Beast-scourged and the Great Ones' cosmic kin could have rubbed shoulders with folkish witchcraft, ghastly knights, the infernal creations of Pthumerian rituals and the shadow dwelling devils that inspired them, with ascended beasts that emphasize & dominate the worldly in opposite polarity to the Great Ones, just as they did with the various 'unholy' tagged enemies in the Cainhurst gargoyles and Pthumerian watchers in the complete game.

I really want to pore over the early-early-early leak site from way back when it was still called Project Beast, but I just can't find it anymore or any reference to its full feature list. All I could scrounge up on short notice was this modest screencap, and incomplete text transcriptions of things like 'feeding your heart' and selection of sickness strain. Does anyone have more of an archive from that far back? This really changes a lot of things about how we conceived those leaks. If 'sages' blood' isn't a fake after all, then everything about the high-concept Beasthood mechanic being very real and unfortunately doomed could be true, too. The entire game could be a mere shell of what it was meant to be, just like all the rest.

This is how they tell stories.
Get a fairy tale full of pictures, in another language, and rip out half the pages.
You the player then must fill in the blanks.

If they make a game that isn't a shell of what it started as, it won't contain mystery, it won't contain depth. It would simply be and pass by. The built in want for the missing portions is just as necessary to making it work.
Though Artorius of the Abyss dlc just shit on my whole thought process here.

This is an interesting idea. But it's hardly intended, it's a side effect of From getting continually fucked over either by their work allocation or by publishers refusing to grant them the time & funding necessary to not leave gaping holes like the lost Archstone in Demons' Souls, the untextured negative space below the Bed of Chaos' chamber entrance, the entirety of Dark Souls 2 being gutted thanks to its exceedingly ambitious and shrouded beginnings, Dark Souls 3 having plenty of peculiarly cut & reshuffled content including a full OST or two that doesn't seem to have a more developed, finished equivalent elsewhere, and here with Bloodborne, all clarity ripped out as a result of the script getting picked apart and so it seems extreme changes to all of the underlying gameplay mechanics, which eventually leaned out into the trick weapon centric combat, two main non-humanoid enemy classes (beasts and old ones/kin) and one tertiary one (unholy things) in both story & gameplay, and the remaining basic plot framework relayed through fewer items than intended. No infection mechanic, no permadeath, no beast mode, and the plot left in tatters due to Frog Nations' sometimes questionable translation choices ('bloodkin' to 'vileblood' as one example) masked by their excellent voice actor choices & scripting plus the remaining dialogue and descriptions being a stitchtogether affair, which may entirely miss the original Japanese intent.

Regardless of how compelling it used to be to chase after these mistranslated, tattered threads to try and make sense of them, I'm just left with dissatisfied melancholy in the end, because nothing is as it should have been in original draft or in overseas communication by translation. It's all mangled, imperfect, and no matter the virtues of what is left over, the involuted nature of it is deeply wrong. Now that one explicitly knows what was meant to be communicated, but still without full answer, the want is stripped of happy mania; you now know that you were right, there was more to it, and also that you cannot have it, as it is not in the form of foreshadowing information that shall leave more to come, but clarifying information that fills in gaps, yet would likely be ignored in the future, and will certainly never be within your hands in the time and place intended. 'What could have been' is vastly stronger a yearning sentiment than 'what could be.' Because the former is wrapped up in the tragedy of squandering, and the latter in restless uncertainty.

Why must I kill the things I love?

excellent taste

No I mean literally that's how the director first encountered English. He saw the pictures but didn't yet understand the words, and so had to fill it in with his imagination.
Wish I knew where to find the interview.

Want to be a Belmont? TOO BAD, THE WHIP IS SHIT. HAHA.

Oh, that! I remember that, now. He just read or 'read' random shit in public libraries because he grew up in abject poverty and didn't really have any other options. I found the interview with some keyword shuffling, by the by, it was in The Guardian of all things. Archive and naked link for convenience.

archive.fo/lLRxa
please use archive.is/technology/2015/mar/31/bloodborne-dark-souls-creator-hidetaka-miyazaki-interview

Is the OTHER whip shit too?

It's hefty shite

Has anybody attempted a Chakan build since Bloodborne is so similar to that old Sega Genesis game from the HUB world down to it's aesthetic? I feel like this character would be very easy to replicate in BB, moreso than Dark Souls.

both of you anons of excellent tasHHRRRREEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Have this for future use.

I started playing it again today and I swear I don't remember the framerate being this bad. I'm getting awful drops in Old Yharnum

Seeing as he already wants to play a shitty game, he might as well embrace being a full blown cuck already instead of gradually realizing it.

Who Wheel in here?
Wheel Executioner hours
Why is the wheel
Going through NG+, Level 129, Looking for executioners or other hunters of good faith to mash and pound and ground the miserable vermin into a puddle with
THEIR INSIDES ON THE OUTSIDE FOR ALL THE WORLD TO SEE

wheelanons teach me

In order to wheel,
You must learn to deal

idk seems high risk high reward to me, if you can find the time in battle to spin it up four times and work with the short range on it it might be worth it though

You're in luck, I happen to be an expert on this particular subject
The wheel is designed to be slow and heavy like a great club. Just like the great clubs in any Fromsoft game, the wheel is mostly scaled with strength; this isn't the completely correct mindset to have, however. While is scales up to S in strength, it scales to C with arcane, which is nothing too small with the consideration of its transformed state. Like the Grant or any other great club wielded by the paladins of the Souls series, it scales with your faith stat, which is arcane for the time being, and when transformed there is a slight increase to the scaling therefore.
If you decide to pump strength, you will have no problems with this weapon, since it's big and heavy and deals massive points of damage with gorgeous strength scaling. However, the transformed version of the weapon allows for what most paladins in the souls series do, which is a split of faith and strength. This will give you optimal results. I haven't tested a fully upgraded wheel on my pure arcane build, and I never will probably, since 20 points of strength that late into the game is very costly and time consuming, so I would rather just continue to pump arcane for the full effect of the kos parasite. I digress.
The wheel is not something you lug around and then toss at enemies hoping they won't jab you out of your animation, because they will, every single time, unless you get lucky and get to the super armor of the animation. The best method to killing anything is baiting out an attack, and then using spacing to determine just how fucked they are. The best strategy for the untransformed wheel is to use spacing to your advantage and play a more calm game.
If you transform the wheel you get to
SPIN THE WHEEL FOR THE TREASURE TO TAKE
CAREFUL MY FRIENDS OR HE'LL RATTLE AND SHAKE
This is by far the best part about this weapon. Rather than lodging it into the ground for a radial explosion, you get to power the shit out of your weapon at the price of your health being nibbled at by the souls inside your revved up wheel. By all means, swing away at anything you see to regain your health as quick as you lose it. Under 1000 health you will lose nothing for being at the lowest single rev, meaning you can cancel a quadrev into a single rev to stop the health drain from killing you or just when you're out of combat. If you want to be useful, your health will be much over 1000 by the endgame, so you won't be able to cancel with that, however the transformation attack out of the spun up version is an explosion that hits directly in your vicinity; a good flourish to killing something is to transform after the very last attack, since the close ranged nature of the weapon means you'll be right on top of whatever you're hitting and it will soak up a bit more blood to even you out.
Git Gud
The rev does have a great number of benefits, one of them being, I think, that the actual animation for the attacks is very very slightly faster, and if it isn't faster it feels a bit punchier.
The number for the physical damage decreases by 30%, your scaling will go up by a bit it's letters so I don't really know by how much it changes, the arcane damage number will double, add 20 damage to that, and above all that you get an extra percent for your revs (10 for one, 20 for two, 40 for 3, and a max of 60% for 4 revs). Effectively, when I use this weapon transformed, for 50 strength and 40 arcane, I have an attack value that is 100 points less than when it is untransformed before the arcane modifier increase again, the numbers aren't listed for me there And when I add in the extra for being completely revved up I still lack about 15 points in AR, however for the sake of faster attacks, and for the fact that some things are actually weaker to arcane than physical and vice versa, there are reasons to use both forms of this weapon. On top of that, the moveset is just killer
Cycling between revs and transformed wheels is the key to success on top of spacing yourself out and deciding to lunge in around the enemy to strike from the side. Wheel is really fun once you start playing with it a lot.

Watch video for tips also, made it just for you.

Pizza-cutter is love
Pizza-cutter is life

Played most of the game cosplaying as Judge Doom from Roger Rabbit untill I got the Pyramid Head cosplay set.

Why does BB in an odd way feel the most like DeS? Despite the games being different gameplay wise they feel the closet to each other out of all the games for some reason.

Archstones and gravestones are similar but different enough, there aren't a lot of weapons but every weapon has its own purpose, central level up lady, central weapon "smith", and every boss is unique it its own right? Dark souls 1 was mostly just demons or gods for big enemies, and there was a clutter of weapons and armors that served similar purposes, same for Dark 3, except all of the bosses were gimicky rather than well thought out, and they were mostly hollowed humans, which brakes the lore, but also just makes everything "a dude in armor" as the meme goes. I only played dark 2 for a couple of hours and I quit when I was overburdened with the greatsword at a slow crawl but swinging it with the speed of a short sword. It was just too silly for me.

8/10 post user
But i'll be really honest, i prefer the release version's story of Bloodborne instead of what the leak suggested. Just like some anons here have said, its better to have leave some vaguely described backstory just so the we can let our autism do the rest.
One example i like about Bloodborne's lore is about they handled Yharnam's average citizen itself. Almost everyone in Yharnam is delirous, and hostile to foreigners. However its even worse in the current event that are unfolding since the plague of beasts have started to infect the huntsmen themselves. The ones that are nice or amicable towards foreigners are 'outsiders' in a sense (e.g Young Yharnam girl, Iosefka (the real one), and Arianna) or dregs of the Yharnam society (Oedon Chapel Dweller, Suspicious beggar, the druggie old woman). It gives a subtle hint that the blood of the healing church have already begun to influence them to discriminate towards those of not the same kin.
On the topic of Covenants, i think it was a really interesting concept to explore. Covenants in Dark Souls 2 onwards are no longer seen as 'factions' to invest yourself in, rather as some sort of a bonus content to get additional items and access multiplayer content. The leaked version sounds like a real covenant to be binded with, no longer a club that you could drop-out anytime you want.
This is nothing new, you should be glad that Sony had already let Miyazaki had the game (a finished product to most, but a plump shell to some of us)

Very nice

So its not a meme weapon?
I always thought that way since its so goofy looking, but holy shit i think i'll try this out when i do my arcane build someday.
Is it like the Tonitrus? Does the buffs lasts more that one swing?

shit wrong pic
Well whatever

Yes and no
it's got a lot of different reasons to be loved, but the weapon on its own besides everything else is just really good and fun to use.
if you're going full arcane tell me your results with giving it arcane gems and the transformed attack values, I'd love to know an arcane wheel build is pure devastation, but then again arcane really takes a while to git gud. I'm going to continue pumping arcane until I've got 99 ARC/50 STR and see if the damage numbers are exponentially different.
I could go on for hours about how much I love the wheel, it has so much depth to it that it's sad that you can't use an even slightly similar weapon in any other game; I was honestly hoping the berserk muso would have the angels and baby face so I could be a wheel man
No and yes; The wheel buff lasts for about 30-60 seconds (I can't remember how long it is and honestly sometimes it feels shorter) meaning you don't just keep losing health like the weebblood sword, but you also don't get to keep your attacks powered up forever. It's more like using the pyromancy Power Within, except it doesn't run down your entire health bar in one minute. Just tested it and it seems to actually last about 20 seconds, and it will run down only 3 quarters of your health abouts at 4 revs.

How many yakuza games could they possible make? He can only have had so many things happen to him in his life.

So did you choose for the little girl to get PORKED or get ayylmao'd?

Damn, Vileshitters BTFO by Wheelbros.

I guess that's no more ridiculous saying

Fuck, right in the feels.
She got porked and her sister jumped to he death afterwards on my first play.

You mean making the player character look like Chakan? it is fairly easy using the hollowing mechanic in DS to make that happen but maybe in BB it would require more attention to the sliders.
If you mean a similar Gameplaywise then the BoM or Reiterspallach could be the primary choice for that.

Or you could just say
That thing tracks like a magnet, is absurdly fast and has lingering hitboxes.
Scrub tactics aside, it's my favorite weapon as well. It's really good at disciplining the player to bide their time in a game that seems to want to you to be on full rushdown mode 24/7.
I mostly use it for the STR (only Kirkhammer has higher AR IIRC) but made one for my ARC-STR character with Nourishing gems though didn't use it much. I'm kinda autistic about wanting each character to have his own weapons.

I tried a right hand Bonewheel shield in DaS3 but it's not nearly the same thing. Wish that thing had a unique right hand move set instead of the usual shield bashes.

Kiryu dies at the end of Yakuza 6.

I keep imagining a iron maiden as a new Executioner weapon. You lug that thing around with a chain around the maiden's neck and swing it around for blunt. The tricked mode opens it and it's like a shield/battering ram that deals thrust damage with the spikes.

Old Yharnam is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.

As a man who plays souls games upgrading nothing but damage stats until hitting the soft cap before getting health, let me explain chalice dungeons. Root dungeons are the randomized ones which contain loot, while there's a series of main dungeons that give you access to lower depths. You do chalice dungeons for three things; gems, weapons, and blood rocks. Chalice dungeons do not scale with NG+, instead having 5 levels of difficulty or depth, and have three basic varieties; Pthumeru, Loran, and Isz, which each have a single blood rock as loot from root depth 5 dungeons. Weapon variations that have different gem slots can be looted from root versions of dungeons. Other than bosses encountered, the big difference is that each dungeon tends to drop a specific shape of blood gem. Pthumeru has the basic radial type that most weapons have two slots for, waning from Loran, and triangle from Isz. There is a sequence of dungeons with static bosses and drops that go through all five depths and give you the root chalices for each depth from boss drops along the way. Most of the chalice dungeons can be done immediately upon beating the blood letting beast until you complete the lower Pthumeru chalice, at which point you need to defeat Amygdala in the main game and go through the Loran chalice which also has the beast claw as a weapon in a bonus area until you get a couple bastards of Loran for the cursed chalice, and after completing that you need to be almost at endgame to collect the materials for the final main chalice, which also require you to either go through the second Loran chalice or the Isz chalice for two of the red jellies, the Isz chalice gotten from Ebrietas. Don't forget to make contact with the eye brain for the tier 3 echo rune before killing it for its component. TL; DR, just play through the dungeons until you don't have a ritual component, go do an area or dungeon to get it, rinse and repeat until you're level 120 with 7 vitality.

There's also the hintertomb chalices. Fuck hintertomb, it doesn't go to depth 5 and thus has shittier gems.

No he doesn't

good list dumbell

its not really that bad user, in fact I find them actually fun you just need to git gud. **I actually suggest you look up a guide for the most optimized route just to cut down on the tedium*

really activates my almonds

I enjoy chalice dungeons and wish they would become a thing in the main Souls series.
It's endless gameplay no matter how you slice it.

they are great idea but where poorly implemented by being half-measured. The Boss fights are great but their needed to be more cosmetics variation and set pieces to cut down on the redundancy. It could have easy been fixed by reskinning a few areas but the fact that they almost all look identical only reinforces the tedium. And I don't mean how Hintertomb was a slightly Purple version of Pthumeru or having Loran being the Orange version. If each type of dungeon had more a distinct characteristic and their was a bit more variance in the aesthetic of each individual type it would have been awesome. In fact its a bit of a shame that it was mismanaged because I would love to see the idea iterated and improved in future games, but due to its unpopularity will likely end up in the dust bin.

I. . .
My heart says joy, my brain creaks in barely contained fright.

Did she get pregnant before or after squid form?

I'm starting to see some Ico/SotC parallels. Mother, sister, wife. She is the archetype of femininity, details decided by passive acceptance.
I want an octo-dad meets Overlord set in partly rebuilt Yharnum sequel now. I want to see a Soul's game about the breaking of the wheel rather than spinning. Bloodborne, if one gets the tinfoil out, is just a timeskip of DSIII and that can be just a timeskip of Demons' Souls after the fog rolled over everything.
If some confirmation to continuity was given, even an ambiguous nod, there would be lore scouring and timelines out the ass. There isn't anything that strictly forbids it. Summary of how it might work:

God makes man, souls, and demons. Demons strip man of their souls. Greyness engulfs existence, only the land of giants of the broken archstone keeps the fog at bay. Man finds the souls, uses to conquer giants and purge dragons, but the power is woefully finite as no new bright souls may be created.
In a gambit Gwyn links the waning of the light soul to the waxing of the darksouls, and the same between the life soul of the witches of the death soul of Nito. Queue DS1-3.
By the time of Bloodborne the Painted World of Ash is all that remains. What little soul power remains from Demons' Souls era is entirely within the blood al'a Watchers of the Abyss. It is the Age of Deep Waters as per the Way of White's horrible premonition. Seath is still kickin it in his shattered crystalline form, as he is truly immortal, lending his guidance in the form of Moonlight.

Dusk herself mentions how magic seems to work different from her era to the 'modern' of the player's, despite the relative closeness in time, so the soul arts/sorcery being radically different might have to do with world tendency?
It's interesting at least.

Thats not her test, that is your test after taking the last umbilical cord and she is showing it to the Moon Presence.

hey, if it works, it works, there's nothing wrong with using a method that has literally no downsides to being your approach. Not to say I always use it, but it's just the best for staggering fast enemies to chain into light and heavy hits.
in retrospect, putting points in Faith alone would have probably given me a better output with a dark infused weapon, since it seems like splitting the points is actually worse in that game (did a pure faith character and the dark infusion is stronger than holy, didn't see if it was weaker than lightning though. Doesn't make a lick of god damn sense.)

Arcane is shit until the last stretches of the game, if you get some cold/elemental bloodgems you can make the most broken weapons in the game.

Bloodtinge is pretty good but it gets kind of boring since you can cheese everything one you get the Evelyn

So, did anyone else here bought the official artwork? Annalise's face was kind of underwhelming

I want to be a beefy wheelman, where do I find some good arcane or blunt bloodgems?

In the forbidden forest, the blue blob monsters drop arcane gems and the big axemen around the last part of hemwick charnel lane drop blunt ATK up gems. If you want really good attack gems without using the chalices farm the brain ladies in the endgame area or the DLC's endgame area because they drop cursed gems that can be fitted in any slot and you can just wait until you get a negative you don't care about like weapon durability or shit.

I do care about weapon durability, but I've been sitting on three cursed gems this whole time because of it. Should I really use them?
I do want to go through them to get those gems if they're really good, I want to be as strong as I possibly can be.

Cursed gems give better stat/attack increases than regular gems, which is why they come with drawbacks. As long as you repair your weapon every time you go back to the dream you shouldn't notice your durability running out, even with a durability decrease gem. Stuff like
is great if you're not fighting against those types, and since you can get duplicate wheels in the uncanny and lost variants in the dungeons you can have two wheels with different gems for when you encounter one or the other.
Then go through the chalice dungeons, because the very top tier gems can only be found at depth 5 cursed, rotted, and foetid dungeons. There's lists of codes online, some of which should still work, which you can input while making a root dungeon, which can reliably get you the best gems/weapon variants/blood rock.

I feel you

For arcane gems go to the Ize root chalice dungeon, the best ones are dropped by emissaries and great ones; if you want cursed gems which are way better you'll need to offer a few bastards of loran to get the fetid ritual

For blunt gems you'll need to kill those fat guys in the pthumeru area, some other guys drop them but I can only remember those at the moment

Hope this helps you enjoy the best weapon in the game

Already got a +7 second wheel which I'll be getting to +10 by the end of NG+ and stuff it full of arcane gems to have both sides of the power house.

Chalice dungeons are confusing to me, but I'll try my best to figure all that ritual shit out.

The chalice shit is easy, all you need to know is that you'll need to clear the pre made dungeons in order to get the root chalice version of the dungeon that you are currently exploring; once you cleared all of the pre made dungeons you can start the root ones which are randomly generated, before placing the chalice in the dream you can offer special objects to curse the dungeon, these curses increase the droprate of cursed gems but also make cut your HP in half.

If I remember correctly fetid offerings require two bastards of loran and their drawback is cutting your HP in half

The other offerings are sage's wrists and red jelly which spawn witches (who can summon minions) and buff enemies nearby

Try to have a high arcane stat to increase drop chances

I just bought the game today going to play it after work, what am I in for, a reskinned DS?

FROM's magnum opus.

not at all, it actually functions nothing like the other souls games in the slightest besides the controls being slightly similar. The one thing you'll need to get used to is a designated heal button. The game is a bit tricky to get the hang of with the weapons having two modes in most cases, but it's honestly a fun little game more than worth the 20 dollars it costs. There's no armor though, and it's really all just for fashion, so throw on what you like to look at and run around screaming for blood.
May the good blood guide your way.

cool beans, I really like the aesthetics of it just from what I have seen of it, the grim dark renaissance era look always got me hard.

>>>/cuckchan/

Someone should make an actual Cleric Beast edit

Already done

I think he meant with that guy having the cleric beast howl behind it.

That's beyond my fetishes, hell no

Assuming sony doesn't renew the contract,how long before the exclusivity runs out (like dead rising had) and it could be ported to PC?

This is what I meant

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that imagined Eileen looked like Helen Mirren under that mask

It would have happened by now bones. I say this as someone who played it until platinum on PS4 and would love a PC port. Just think of it as another Demons Souls.

I don't think so,i think their exclusivity is still on,it took 10 fucking years for dead rising to run out so,i think i'll be waiting a while.

Never ever forever on account that the game was developed in part by SIE Japan Studio. Its not like Sony is just holding a license.

Wasn't she black or was that some tumblr fantasy?

Voice actress is black so a lot of people like to think she is.

Oh, fuck that, if it's just the voice actress then she can still be a hot old white lady, that spins my wheel.

Kek, I still remember Tumblrites/SJWs bitching LOTR was raycist

That's not Helen Mirren my basketball colored friend

(checked)
first off, why are you avatar fagging as an old woman? Second why are you using stale outdated lingo?

What a time to be alive.

I'm the FBI, don't blow my cover please

Memetic use can date the user and give you a fair guess when and where they came from

I think you need to leave.

jej

you can't fool me! clearly you are really CIA

If you think "kek" makes you an oldfag, I've come to deliver unto you the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil: You're Gay.

I never claimed that. You jumped to conclusion.
Look at me, I'm an oldfag now too.

Someone's gotta do a Billy Mays build.

This is going to take a long god damn time

So the Yharnam that you experience throughout the game isn't the "real" Yharnam either is it? It's just another dreamworld right?
Presumably when the Hunter comes to the city to start with there are no werewolves and crazy wolfmen stalking about.

From left it open ended as shit, it's really unclear what is and isn't "real" as far as the universe is concerned. Cosmic entities are basically silently guiding the actions of everything and everyone, and the close proximity of humanity with their fragile minds to those higher beings create illusions and disillusions that warp reality.
Basically the key events before the game are

In Demon's Souls, Freke's Apprentice mentions that Freke is on the verge of discovering something that would rival the Demon's Souls. Since it is pretty clear that Bloodborne was supposed to be a more direct follow up, I think Blood Ministration was likely what he was about to discover.

Neither of those but the town slut of chalice dungeons - pwmf22gu - has the easiest cursed gems to farm which boost physical by 25-27% with the odds of getting some 30% blunt ones. And right at the start of layer 2, you can get 19% nourishing gems which boost both damage types from a a gargoyle.
Arcane gems are definitely the trickier ones to get but I remember going to a layer 1 Isz chalice and killing those pyro werewolves over and over for them. You can 9000 Insight autismo and clear entire dungeons, culminating against Ebby-chan or Rom the Retarded Spider for a chance at a gem but I'll stick to layer 1 farming; it's not 3-5% that will make much of a difference.

Shameless necrobump

I literally only use the doll to test my weapon upgrades. I thought that's what she's there for. The only one who wasnt there for that purpose was the Emerald Herald and Dark Souls 2 just might as well have not even been a souls game anyway.

The Blood has you user.

>wields the Fucking Wheel with a Fucking Cannon
Wheelbros are best bros

The doll's clap is what sold it
isnt this from the webm thread?

The doll is for cuddlin' not for hittin', you beastly cur

Started a new character for shits and giggles, gonna make a new wheel man, I want to also help you guys and get help from you guys who are just starting the game.

Is there anyway to get the covenant upgrade items without being online? Like vermin or blood dregs?

Yes. For the dregs, equip the Corruption rune and kill a couple of NPC enemy Hunters like the two in the Frontier, Djura's apprentice or the Choir scholar in Byrgenwerth.
For the vermin, hunter enemies in the first area of the DLC drop them; you need 5 IIRC.

So bloordborne thread then.
Im due to start a new game, last was Arcane/Strength focused on using the WHEEL and a great time was had by all.
What is a fun build and or weapon focus for second run through?

I'm not going to lie: most of my post-game playing was helping other hunters bully Maria.

The most focused build is likely STR-BT because there's only one weapon for that - Bloodletter. Pure ARC for space broccoli is very fun too. DEXfags will have the time of their lives with Blade of Mercy, Rakuyo, a fun and viable whip and the most fun reaper in the series. Chicago, Bowblade and Ritterschnitzel+Evelyn for BT-SKL. Or, if you want to stay with your build, Pizza Cutter and Kirk are great STR weapons.
Honestly, there's no such thing as a bad weapon in this game; I thought the Steak Diner was it but then I learned to use it and it become one of my favorites, its only flaw is that you can't duel wield them.

MARIA IS NOT FOR BULLYING
SHE IS A QT
TAKE IT BACK

Never rolled wheel Man build myself. Do i get to cheese through bossem with BBP as usual physical build?

I played it after playing Nioh, and Bloodborne is such an enormous piece of shit in comparison, I lost interest after beating that virgin mary in the church or whoever she is.
Just play Nioh.

I'm trying to make viable BLT-ARC build right now. I don't want to go beyond BL100 so can't hit hardcap on either stat or level up END (compensated with runes) but Everlyn + bolt saw spear or Chikage + AoE | EG looked so cancerous combo.

Anyone experimented with unorthodox build like this? I think SKL+ARC build is horribly underrated too just because the only split dmg weapon for that build has so shitty raw damage it just aint worth it to level up ARC beyond hunter tool's requirement.

The Reiterpallasch might be decent. It's got a B scaling in ARC, despite being a BT weapon. You could it use to parry and then hit a staggered foe with a Bone Ash Evelyn shot.

Might work but you gotta make your own toys like a Arcane Saif and a Bolt Pick; they're both B SKL and C Arc.

This game really needs a respec option. Even now, I'd still take it and go squeeze some more life out of my builds. I already ran the dungeons too many times to optimize my weapons plus farming the rocks; that's the crap I don't want to go through again.

I wouldn't go that far but it certainly does feel "incomplete" compared to how Nioh plays. I am greatly missing living weapon, three stances, and ki pulsing. Firearms are another disappointment in BB for me. They do such little base damage and have such little range.

I could be wrong but wasn't physical stat scaling of non-split damage weapons gets nullified? Like bolt saif won't benefit from SKL/STR unlike burial blade/blade of mercy.

Also I didn't know Reiterpallasch have descent scaling. Thanks for pointing that out. Should I get nourishing gem to optimize both BLT/elemental damage output?

You might be right. I'm probably thinking of split-damage weapons like the Moonlight Sword, Boomhauer, Tonitrus and Wheel I used with my ARC build, I got Nourishing gems on those (and a side of full physical gems just for Laurence and the Orphan, those fuckin' assholes). For my other weapons, yeah, they're fully elemental - Fire Cleaver, Bolt Ludwig's and Arcane Saif.

IIRC the pallasch's BT scaling only applies to the gun form, like with the Rifle Spear (ditto with Chikage and Bloodletter). I'd say it depends on what you want to do with it; if the gun form is for damage or a stagger tool. If you go full bolt though, that's two damage types Kin are weak against.

You don’t have to exaggerate for effect just to fit in, you know.

Why the fuck does Bloodborne STILL run worse than DS3? It can't even hold 30fps.

Same here, i hate grinding through dungeons farming rocks. If they don't let you re-allocate points, atleast put some kind of storage that is shared by all characters in your profile or some shit. I mean goddamn, just give the players more fucking leeway to improve the replay value of the game.

The pic 2 and 5 seems to be made by the same person

Blood dregs are farmable Madman's Knowledge tbhq. Just kill any NPC / Hunters that you meet and you pretty much get 1 ready-to-use insight

Yeah, Bloodborne does felt incomplete despite how meaty the single-player was. The covenants are one such example of being reduced to a wearable item that you could change at will anytime inside the hub-level.
It's viable if you put points into BLTatleast 50, farm the right gems in the Chalice Dungeons which you might have to search for, and use the right weapon to maximize the damagei.e: Repeating Pistol, Evelyn andSimon's Bowblade.
In other words, its too fucking-time consuming just to give your ranged weapon do a decent amount of damage. Or you could just forgo making a Bloodtinge build altogether and use the cannon(s) and the gatling gun for fun.

I have a piece of paper with a shitload of dungeon codes scribbled, I think this is the one for that. I know it's a Loran dungeon with the BSB at the end and google provided a result that seems to match my memory.
It's one of the easiest farms. If you're not a BT build, I still recommend getting a HP regen gem and it's also good for a Chikage build to offset the HP drain, just switch between guns.

I think it's better to just use normal Physical boost gems on that; ditto with the Chikage. I tried making a Chikage with full BT boost gems and the numbers were overall much lower.
Arcane gets the short, prickly end of the stick when it comes to gem farming; everyone else just needs Physical gems for the radial-radial-triangle set up.

How?

Is bloodtinge good for anything then?

Boosts AT for guns and the BT half of BT weapons. It's just that, for weapons, the full BT boost gems aren't worth having over Tempered or Nourishing gems.

Would it be worth choosing Waste of Skin and pumping your levels into BT until you reach the soft cap to make a "pure" gunslinger character? Is it viable at all?

Not really, you'd be a bowman and the bowblade isn't until the end of the DLC

A Bone Ash Evelyn shot at 50 BT can do a shitload of damage; it's the baby mode for Amygdala and Ebrietas. Kin are overall weak to blood damage. Chikage and Bowblade are strong weapons, the Chikage is basically the Chaos Blade when transformed while the Bowblade is a strong SKL weapon by itself with the arrows being its BT portion (quick and strong, they're a good alternative for when you're out of Bone Ash).
If you go STR-BT for the one weapon available for it - the Bloodletter - you get a weapon that is very strong in both forms which IMHO is made for equal investment in STR and BT.
Anyway, the closest to a gunslinger is the already mentioned Evelyn (or other gun of choice)+tricked Reiterpallasch combo and stack +bullet runes. That's the closest to dual wielding handguns.

I think the only thing that's really not worth it in this game are Poison/Bleed builds. Part of my never ever dream patch.
>Cainhurst DLC

I knew I was forgetting something - covenants. Two that IMHO might be interesting adds:
Besides the oath rune, this might use a special bell. Basically, something to invite a adversary and him not suffer the 30% penalty.

I think Byrgenwerth would serve for this given it's a small area that can be mopped pretty quickly. Protecting Rom could be the lore excuse.

Disgaea 5 is now also on Nintendo Switch

Being a defender of Cainhurst would be interesting, especially if it would make all the ghost and servants nonhostile to you. A covenant that had something to to with Hemwick would be sort of interesting too. That and Cainhurstvania have been my two favorite areas so far.

So I started a while back. I've killed the witches already but not Vicar yet. Not entirely sure how else to proceed since I heard that killing Amelia advances the time to night and I'm not sure if I want to do that yet.

I'm also using a SKL build with the whip. Not very strong but still quite fun. I was thinking of getting the Blades of Mercy or the Bow Blade later on. Anything else I should know?

What is the best weapon for taking on Logarius? I'm using the Kirkhammer in sword mode but I'm just not doing damage fast enough.

got all the endings
didn't bother with the chalice-exlcusive bosses.
I should play it again just for the DLC

Shove your cuckchan trash up your ass.

SKL and BLT has a great deal of synergy with alot of weapons scaling with both of those stats. Also since SKL is pretty much DEX in BB and as we all know, DEX-fags are the worst kind of fags in Souls games. For the DLC weapons, fuck the Rakuyo, the church pick is probably the best SKL weapon to genocide Kins with, and The Bowblade is good for punishing scrubby healers. The Blades of Mercy is good if you want to pretend its DS3 use the rally mechanic to its fullest and kill people / beasts by death of a thousand cuts.
Did i forget something? Oh yeah, there’s that midget Burial Blade but whatever.

Honestly, there’s no ‘recommended’ weapons to fight logarius with since he doesn’t take extra damage against thrust / blunt or elementals. Parrying is your best friend here but it’s important to note that you have to hit him enough in his sword explosion phase or he won’t be parryable, oh and always go for backstabs in his first phase. Kinda easy if you can telegraph his attacks, disable his sword rain spell (hint: you can auto-aim the sword that’s casting the spell, use your gun rather than try to get close and break it with your trick weapon) and use those towers for cover (bear in mind that it doesn’t block the swirly skellie AoE attack)

What the fuck are you waiting for nigger? The DLC is really great and exists as a neat little prequel episode to the main game. Too bad there’s no more planned DLCs like it. I was really hoping for a Cainhurst / Executioners DLC like these anons

once did.

Now that you mention that, it would be interesting to have a mass team battle of Vilebloods and Executioners in that area. Executioners would probably need something given Vilebloods would have home turf privileges.

Both of those weapons are good SKL choices, though the Bowblade doubles as a BT weapon. There's also the Rakuyo and Church Pick to take in consideration. If you're not aware, visceral damage scales with SKL so Clawmark runes are very useful and you can stack them too.

As already mentioned, parries are your best friend. Don't forget to get a back visceral on him when he's going to phase 2, otherwise he'll get buffed.

Meanwhile, started toying with the idea of a Bowblade build. Want to keep it equally parted given its two S scaling but it's kinda tricky.

There’s the Beast Cutter, which is a threaded cane for strength builds.
The Boomhammer which seems really cool in theory but sucks ass in practice.
The Whirligig Saw which is decent but is a meme weapon second only to the wheel.
Then you have the Kos Parasite, the King of all Arcane weapons. That you need a specific rune to get the most of but is worth it to become a cauliflower alien.
Then you have the Bloodletter, which is the only Strength/Bloodtinge scaling weapon in the entire game. It’s also the only weapon to deal frenzy.
There’s the Beasthunter Saif, for when you get tired of the Saw Cleaver and want an alternative that isn’t the Saw Spear.
There’s the Amygdaloid Arm, which may or may not be the Burial Blade knockoff you were talking about. I like it just because it’s a “weird” weapon.
Then you have the Holy Moonlight Sword. A decent arcane weapon. It’s the Moonlight Greatsword, what more do I have to say.

Nights of Azure is on steam

No, the beasthunter’s saif is the midget burial blade not the ayy lmao skeleton arm one

I thought the gatling gun and church cannon also scales off BLT / STR, then again the gatling gun is usualy overshadowed by the church cannon so whatever

Focus on the Bloodtinge first imo, the transform attack of the bowblade is really quick and can catch people off-guard. Its non-transformed trickform is adequate but unreliable when its up against better, longer-ranged trick weapons

So, apparently you were supposed to kill the real moon presence at the bottom of the chalice dungeons.
It seems that the one that you fight against in the dream is just her ascended consciences while her real body is rotting away in a mud lake at the bottom of Yharnam, kind of what happened to Micolash

What will you expect from the upcoming tie-in comic Holla Forums?

???

Last Guardian isn't a shit game In and of itself but it had huge performance issues that made it shit at release. They patched it but its still has some bad frame drops. Its basically Ico but with a Giant Dog, not at the quality of SoTC. If you don't like Ico then you definitely wont like Last Guardian because its just a twist on the same old NPC gimmick.

looks like american trash

A repeat of the DaS3 one. Inaccurate and hilariously bad.

I just remember this one

They didn't even try to make the sun look the same.

Well I've got 3 more mandatory bosses left so I'm coming around to the wrap up. What's a good late game place to grind for experience? Also I fucking hate chime maidens.

Why is his sun crest so angry? Do you disown the sun instead of praising it? Also, that chick's boobplate is way too low. It looks as if her tits are right above her belly button.

OHNO.WAV

He finished praising all the suns.

What the fuck am i looking at here?

This comic is ok, i mean there's nothing remarkable about it but its not bad either

Grind the Shadows that march around the walk up to Mergo’s Wet Nurse.

The time for jolly cooperation is over.

This + the porkers for vial grinding. Also, you can sic the shadows on the pigs for extra amusement. In NG, it's 30K per run IIRC.

I wanna praise those suns, if you know what I mean.

I made that wallpaper and some kike down scaled it, og image for proof.

You know I'm beginning to enjoy the chalice dungeons more than the main game. Why did people dislike them again?

What dithering method is that? I don't think I've ever seen that one before.

It's called faggot can't into square pixels.

it's the same like 12 rooms over and over again with little to absolutely no variation. How the fuck do you like them is a better question

I'm going out on a limb here and take it you either started doing the dungeons somewhat recently or only have one character.

You get nothing worthwhile until the Loran dungeons.
The much advertised variety is bs; you'll see the same set pieces repeated over and over again.
Don't seem properly balanced and you get retarded shit like the infinite ammo zero start up OHKO fireball tossers, maidens that summon 3 enemies at a time, spiders that can home in on your position from anywhere in the level, the Descendant with his magic blades that phase through walls and feels like playing a retard with a turbo pad etc.
If you start a new character and want to optimize your weapons, well, get ready to do all that shit again.

used Image>Mode>Indexed to break down a grayscale of the image to 5 grey levels, and just applied a white 50% dither to both the lighter and darker third, and applied solid white and black to the darkest and lightest. Finally, I applied it as a luminosity layer over the original, and indexed it again to be, like 64 colors or somethin.

Yeah I did it at the original resolution huge and scaled it down about 50%, decided to use nearest neighbor because nothing makes me madder than

Yes.

I just like the dungeon crawling aspect that's all. I think it's also because they remind me of Nioh for some reason. I do agree that that some aspects could have been done better.
And somehow they're still not as bad as the ones in Unseen Village.

Hey bruv, i just found it on the wallpaper thread a few weeks back. The OG image is good but the somewhat shitty downsized image gave it a little bit of more contrast that made save-worthy (for me atleast)

Believe me user, you’ll get tired from dungeon farming by the time you get on the Lower Pthumerian Chalice. Then the other chalices put some shitty instagram filters onto the dungeons in an half-assed effort to pull a wool over your eyes. As this user said, you won’t get anything of value from depth < 5 dungeons. I will say that the Ailing Loran chalice has a really good farming spot that lets you have 60k echoes per run if you use the Heir rune along with the Moon rune and the Blood Rapture rune (for blood bullets). I always grind my characters there
Confirmed for not yet delving unto Depth 4 and above Chalice Dungeons, i swear when you see those red spiders coming, you’ll know why that you should hate these bitches. The thing i also hate about the spiders that these bitches spawned from their decrepit lives is that they do a deceptively high damage with very little wind-up speed, that little swipe can took off a quarter of your health and it tracks like a fucking GPS even while rolling I always use the Madara’s Whistle when im up killing those dusty, ugly hags. There’s a certain satisfaction of killing an malignant tumor with a goddamn blood-snake

We'll resume this talk once you experience 9 spiders all craving a piece of your Hunter ass.

I remember one time I lit the lantern at the start of a dungeon then went afk for a bit and when I came back, I saw my character with zero echoes and my bloodstain just there. Sat around to see what happened, lo and behold, those cunts came from the other end of the dungeon right into the very start of the level.

What level are you suppose to take on Hunter's Nightmare anyway?

Oh yeah that was bullshit certainly but I'm still not sure if it was worse than that giant coven or respawing witches in Yar'ghul with the hidden chime maiden and having to dodge Amygalda lasers in the midst of all of that.

I usually go right before the Wet Nurse at Lv60 and from that build up to 70 or just go in at Lv70, my usual NG cap for these games.
Ludwig beat my ass like a ginger stepchild, I don't recall ever getting a stomping that bad. The next two went much smoother so I thought the worst was behind. How wrong I was. How very very wrong.
Keep your Flamefuckers, Manus, Midirs and Nameless Kangs. Nothing comes close to the Orphan and Lawrence as far as I'm concerned.

Just rush her. On subsequent runs, it won't be a problem while in the dungeons, even if you know exactly where they are, it's still a pain in the ass.

I caved in and started a fresh new journey through Yharnam, rekindling my love for the Threaded Cane (fuck the haters, this thing is good and sexy as fuck); will move to Reiterpallasch (a weapon I've always neglected) and eventually to the Bowblade, accompanied with Repeating Pistol, the one gun I never use.
Tried making a Cainhurstian and ended up with smug edgy Elsa. Character creator will always be the hardest boss in the series.

post hoontas

The perspective’s kind of fucked, but yeah.
I made this guy for my second playthrough, Skill/Bloodtinge. Used the Saw Spear and the Repeating Pistol for most of the early game, leveled up to the Chikage and Evelyn after Cainhurst. This was a picture I took early on. I went through most of the rest of the game in the Knight’s set as not only is it top fashion, but it made him look like a battle butler out of some anime and I enjoyed that.

spoiler this please.

I still wonder if this is his waifu now.

This might be a stupid question but why not use the system's screenshot feature?

Always triggers me how they don't properly connect to the hair line. Gotta pick a long hair style to disguise that. Same thing in DaS3.

Another pet peeve of mine is that ponytail not changing the color to match the player's.

I'll take the opportunity to bitch a bit about the game's graphics, namely its incapacity to show objects, enemies etc at certain distances. Pic2 is near the doggo cages and looking at the place where Eileen is. Doesn't show her nor the breakables in the area. From the bridge leading to Gascoigne, you can see Old Yharnam below, particularly the boss area and the path leading to it; that lacking detail is understandable but I still think the bit with Eileen's egregious.
Bonus hoontas (STR, STR+BT and BT-SKL).

How many levels do you have to put into skill to make it not suck?

on what? The Threaded Cane? Well, for starters it's not a DPS monster like the Whirligig Saw, but its more of a clipping weapon that has very wide range and a cheeky hitbox. It's more suited for crowd-control and as a soft 'cheese' weapon to beat bosses that are aggresive and hard to hit but don't have the moveset to punish you (i.e: Watchdogs of the Old Lords, Darkbeast Paarl)

Wew lad, vid related

HOW DO YOU EVEN WEAR THOSE 'CLOTHES' IN THE FIRST PLACE.
FUCKING FASHION DESIGNER IS SWEAR
add a glasses onto that guy and you pretty much have a Ben 'Organ Grinder' Garrison
Wow she actually looks like a stren mother tbh

What weapon do you want to use? If I'm not mistaken, folks normally take their offensive stat of choice to 50. You can make a very comfy pure SKL 120 meta build, like:
Vit - 50
End - 30
Str - 10 (1 point here for the Rakuyo)
Skl - 58
Bt - 7 (stay with the basic pistol)
Arc - 15 (for Beast Roar and Old Hunter Bone)

Incidentally, this is how I want to correct my own SKL build. Add respec, assholes!

The cane form is also straight sword hell. That shit staggers like a great hammer.

Was going for a school teacher vibe. It was probably the one that took me the most time because it was almost build from scratch while my SKL and STR-BT characters are basically just retouched Iosefka presets. I'm also very happy with From's decision of separating the parts of the Doll dress instead of making it a one piece with the skirt. It looks great with Djura's pants.
Speaking of character creation, the data miners got hold of the NPC data so if anyone wants a truly authentic cosplay build, the time is now.

Meanwhile, I'm extremely rusty at this and I'm getting my ass kicked left and right but because I'm a moron, I'm gonna poke the electric beast and have a go at Paarl at Lv30.

Why do I have to hurt best girl to get the Isz chalice? Why is there no Cosmic Princess Guard covenant in BB?

The only completely unforgivable thing about Bloodborne. Nioh spoiled me on respecing.

A lot of people are pissed at this but as anyone asked From about it, through twatter or something? Maybe someone did and Miyazaki told them to fuck off but I'm curious. Again, even if the game's 3 years old, I'd still welcome it.

I thought that's what the altar would do near her fight, instead it just healed the girl at Cainhurst.

Reminder that if you pick up the lump of flesh for anything other than a trophy of the victory over vilebloods you are a monster who deserves to be broken upon the wheel.

Bloodborne is the only Fromsoftware game that has good whips.

Some dungeons allow you to trap those little red bastards so you can kill the bell bitch that summoned them. I hate them too. I'm sure most players do.

Making a beastcleaver oldhunter, wish me luck

Would have been interesting if there were a bit more development to that, maybe a Vileblood resurgence secret ending or something. Oaths/Covenants could all use more padding, it saddens me that Valtr croaks after just five vermin while Hoontas and Executioners have nothing. Would have been nice if Executioners could learn the gesture Alfred does after killing Annalise by getting some Vileblood kills.

May the good blood guide your way.

Meanwhile, doing the last stretch of Mensis, spent enough time to get reacquainted with all the things I love about the game but also the ones I loathe. Rom is pretty much the Midir or BB, more of a chore than a actual fight, two eternities and a half running circles killing dust mites praying one doesn't one shot in the back or that the space burrito won't drop glaciers on you every 5 seconds. This game has a big issue with RNG, the difficulty of some bosses feels entirely tied to the number of times they're willing to do their token bullshit move - Logarius' off screen jump, Ebrietas' charge, Rom's everything etc. Enemies sometimes go into zero cooldown loops like the fireball hunchbacks in the dungeons or the Brain Suckers binding spell which they'll literally do 20+ times in a row where all you'll see is their fingers going back and forth. Just had the mispleasure of fighting Rom in the dungeon where it's several times more aggressive, it spams the meteor rain so much, it will start it before the previous is over.
Also, yeah, dungeons already making me want to cry. Only 5 more to go!

Pardon the rant.

The roar or the arms outstretched pose?

You learn the roar gesture while talking to Alfred in that bit but I wish we had this too. It was great that BB introduced static gestures like sit but would be nice to have more. Besides, this would feel pretty good when you kill a boss and that blood downpour comes.

Well that's just
but bloodborne doesn't have that emote.

waiting for the PC port

Pizza cutter is great for tearing up assholes. I just wish I could tease more damage out of the Moonlight sword though. I'm 41 arcane and the sword is +9 and while it's pretty good it's just not as destructive as I feel that it should be.

I imagine the memelords would treat it as such, as what happened with "Welcome" in DaS2. Incidentally, BB might be the one with the least cunty gestures besides a Shhh or sarcastic Approval. From wanted people to play nice.

Pardon for this but…
WUT GEMS U GOT BITHC?
I use the MLS with a 50 ARC/30 STR build, have +19% Nourishing gems on it and it's pretty solid. The only thing that makes it look like crap is the Orphan and Laurence because if you're not full physical, you're just tickling them.

weak
Get more arc and come back.
That picture should also be alfred and solaire reaching for each other since they have the most similar archetypes.

and same VAs

OK well that explains that then. I was doing nothing to him. Valtr was doing more damage than I was. It was embarrassing.
I'm not sure right off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure one of them was 10% charge attack.
That sounds like something I'm going to have to spend time in the rape dungeons for. I guess I better get to it then.

For those two I've farmed Tempering gems and only use the sword's standard form.
As for the gems, I got them in the already mentioned pwmf22gu - arguably the most visited dungeon, it's for farming +25-27% Tempering gems at the layer 1 boss but right at the start of layer 2 there's a gargoyle who drops those Nourishing gems. There are better Nourishing gems (I think the top is +23%) but require going through whole dungeons and duke it out with Amygdala or something. I'm not THAT autistic.

I'm trying to get dungeons over with atm. At Lv60 doing Isz and I'll save Cursed Pthumeru, Lower Loran and the last Pthumeru until the build's done or something.
I forgot Ailing Loran is the Spiderpalooza. Opened a door and had over 10 of them all trying to squeeze through, I shit you not.

I feel you man, most of the bosses that are considered good has workarounds for their most bullshit moves. For example, the Loran Darkbeast (an easier boss compared to the abhorrent beast) will charge its Lightning Blast every 5 seconds in its second form, but it always almost OHKO you. The catch is that you could *dodge* the blast by timing the exact moment it blows out its Lightning Blast, giving you enough time to deal 3-5 swings onto its legs, and if you manage to deal enough damage onto its legs without giving it enough time to recover, you can pretty much stunlock the fucker into visceral status. Its workarounds like it that made bosses in Bloodborne bearable, since if not then you pretty much have fights felt like Rom, the bullshit spider boss. Hell, and that's not even accounting for the design of the bosses that made it distinguishable from the other bosses.
Also, let's talk about the Orphan. I think its the best boss (difficulty-wise) in Bloodborne, mainly because it perfectly balances its moves with its telegraph and having a special moveset that punishes players for backing away from the Orphan. It encourages aggression since the Orphan can be staggered with enough hits and also being parryable, it puts you into the offense else you'll be facing attrition due to the Orphan's long-range, high-damage attacks. Overall, making the fight a very difficult, but 'fair' one indeed.

I like that ARC has no soft-cap, but goddamn just let me respec so i can enjoy the Kos Parasite with its full ARC glory

Yeah but Alfred died for a dead cause (RIP) while Solaire is just there so he can meet the sun at its fullest all the while helping people along the way. Its like comparing a rhodesian veteran with a fun-loving guy

What the hell were they thinking when they implemented purely consumable potions and combining ammo and MP in this game?

When you get right down to it, they were both on journeys to seek some internal peace of mind, solaire looking selfishly for something that could place him upon the same pinnacle that he put the sun on (and in a way he was placed on that pinnacle outside of the game, unbeknownst to him, and Alfred trying to hold onto what little was left of his religion, carrying on only to see the destruction of his hated enemy, heretics, and placing his master upon a pedestal by proving through victory that they were justified in their actions. The only differences I suppose are alfred looking to put something else upon the mountain and solaire wanting the mountain's peak for himself.
They thought,
It's a great system, and the fact that the faster combat lends to the rally heals works in hand with this because a better player will know how to recover from being hit rather than being defeated immediately from one sour move
If you use arcane, you have so many options that don't involve guns with ranged techniques, but if you use bloodtinge you have no real reason to not use a gun, which arcane lends itself to. If bullets and MP existed, there would be nothing stopping a person from creating an ARC/BTG build that would be heavily overpowered; you could maximize gun power and have MP to fully drain, effectively giving what are already two very powerful builds the capacity to be simultaneously used with double efficacy. The obvious thing a person can do is create blood bullets, but this is also balanced because you need to heal yourself immediately after you make blood bullets, giving you an effectively limited supply of even that.
In simple terms
In even shorter terms
The most effective way to balance ranged things is to make them all equally limited; having 999 bolts and arrows makes a ranged build with no stats almost as effective as a magician or cleric, but because of the lack of scaling and your permanent loss of that resource makes it less useful than going with a magic build that does the same thing, faster, and more effectively therefore.
But what's your bright idea, wiseguy?

What are some reasons why you can't use the beckoning bell besides being offline and not having insight?

Honestly? The way Nioh does it.

The character being very mobile does help, yes. Meanwhile this kinda crap made its way to DaS3 and you get bosses doing anime flips and zig zags while the player character will feel like driving a tank in comparison.

The blast isn't so much my problem but rather keeping up with it, it's ludicrous to be fighting a monster that size of a bus and have no clue where it is. It's got a move where it 180ºs the camera and overall, the camera doesn't show it entirely. The Bloodletting Beast is similar, it's not too hard - I just fight it locked off and whack the leg - but I'm just doing my thing and I've no idea what it's doing. Miyazaki will say it adds to the challenge but enemies who rely on going off screen to hit you is a pet peeve of mine; a jump or something with a tell is perfectly fine (Ludwig has both) but sometimes it looks like they just go camp in the sky waiting for you to press a button.

Buttborne is fucjing gay and so are you. That game is shit and was easy as fuck

Day 2 of beast cutter, this shit is fucking radical and the old hunter's set looks better than any regular hunter's set besides executioner and maybe constable gear

Orphan is ridiculously difficult for me. I think it isn't his move set that gets me, it's how padded his HP is compared to other bosses. It's like they took an already hard boss and went, 'you know what? Let's double his HP for the hell of it' so I can reliably get him to about 2/3 dead before just getting smoked myself.

The DLC in general is tough, Luddy took about two dozen tries before I got it figured out.

Good to hear. It's probably the hardest weapon for use for me - with my Bloodletter build, I forced myself to use it and the Stake Driver as secondaries just to get the hang of them, not entirely successful with the Beast Cutter.

I'd say that honor goes to the female Yharnam set.

My favorite set in the whole series. It just looks comfy as fuck.

I'm still in the dungeons, against my better judgment tried to do Lower Loran at Lv60. Can't beat the Camerabeast so I'm leaving that for later. Started Cursed Pthumeru because I'm apparently a sucker for punishment. Honestly, I just want this chalice shit done asap. Reminds me of the WoW South Park episode, after all that grinding to kill the overleveled troll and they go "finally, we can play the game" or something to that effect.

The only armor set more comfy than the executioner set is the archdrake set from DS2, such a shame to see that set in the worst game in the franchise.
Anyway, war pajamas are best pajamas

Seeing this makes me want some un-lockable mode in which you play as the Plain Doll. Also PC port when?

I'm halfway tempted to just start over and make a more careful build. I feel like I wasted many levels trying to get the hang of things.

Quit spacing your posts like that
You look like a cock.
Hell yeah it does.

It's hard to distinguish from heavy wool blankets and draped wool robes, so I'd say that's a fair description.

What are your stats, I'll give you a great recommendation.

Vit-23
En-12
Sr-31
Sk-14
BT-22
Ar-45

I guess with those numbers you can use the cainhurst gun and pump strength and bloodtinge to use the bloodletter and wheel interchangeably. You also have the capacity to play around with the holy moonlight sword and could instead pump arcane and bloodtinge, as well as a kos parasite, though that would be a waste of your strength stat.

I was originally going to make a BT/AR hybrid build but I ended up having to pump levels into strength to make do in the meantime since all of the good magic and blood weapons are late game things.
While I'm on the subject what is the ideal amount of vitality and endurance that you should run with?

Nobody is complaining about difficulty. Chalice dungeon's are boring and padded as ass and they completely lack the level design the rest of the game has.

I thought the chalice dungeons were randomly generated. Of course it was a slog.

Can you really stunlock Maria to death with pebbles?

They are. That's why they're shit.

Root Chalice dungeons are. Regular chalice dungeons are fixed.

Imagine what would have been if instead of wasting time making chalice dungeons they had put that time and effort into the actual game and really flushed it out.

I get why they did what they did but it still drives me crazy that it appears so much effort went into something the vast majority of players, myself included, don't give a shit about.

As is you'll probably get best out of a Moonlight Sword with Nourishing gems and maybe a Evelyn but prepare to be melting through your bullet supplies. And if you can still level up, more VIT would be welcome (if possible, take it to 35 and compliment it with a +15% HP rune); this is the glass cannon game but avoid the goomba HP meta.

I'd like to see some areas expanded with a few more bosses and weapons. Central Yharnam, Upper Cathedral Ward and Cainhurst come to mind, particularly the later, as it feels you only get the tourist route version of it.

A random thought that crossed my mind - imagine a Yahar'gul snatcher or Fauxefka henchman covenant where your mission is to gather bodies/test subjects. How could it work in a way that is fun and unique?

I actually would have liked to see the areas described in the chalice dungeons given proper justice instead of what we got. Yeah, they are a bit typical, but you could have large numbers of smaller dark beasts in the ruins of an ancient town surrounded by a perpetual sand storm. That kind of thing would be fun to go into.

Killing a host sends them to Yahar'gul

A Powder Kegs covenant where you help Djura defend the beasts of Old Yharnam against hunters would be pretty great too.

Powder Kegs are the best.

So I was trying to make a SKL build and eventually upgrade to the Bowblade but I fucked up by putting basically nothing into bloodtinge and putting points into stats like STR that I don't need just because I want to dick around with weapons I'm clearly not built for like the stake driver. And then putting a bunch more into arcane because I wanted to use some hunter tools. Going off memory, my points are roughly

VIT 20
END 15
STR 18
SKL 49
BT 10
ARC 25

On the plus, I can actually use Ludwig's Holy Blade because I put a gem that gives it fire attribute so I can actually make use out of the ARC stat. What's the bare minimum I should put into bloodtinge to make the bowblade useful, or should I just abandon the idea (other than for dicking around) and invest any more stats I get elsewhere? Like is there anything I can really do with SKL and ARC? Looking over the weapons, nothing really stands out as things tend to be either STR+ARC or SKL+BT.

Whatever the case, stats aren't too big of a problem for me since I can't even play online so I'll mostly be PvE.

Those stats are very similar to those of my first character where I've at least 16 levels wasted. ARC is either go full or just enough for a non-damage tool like the Roar or Quickstep while a SKL build will only need 10 STR (for the Rakuyo).

You'll still get some good mileage out of the sword form given its S scaling but the bow form will be just for dicking around, yeah. If you can pump about 20 more levels into BT, it might be somewhat feasible but that might be a lot and with that HP, you'll be getting one-shot by almost everything in the late chalice dungeons and the DLC.
I'm making a Bowblade build atm. Pic related is what I'm aiming for.

Blade of Mercy and Burial Blade both have split damage though the ARC part is very negligible, they might as well just be SKL weapons.

Just finished the DLC and almost all of the dungeons (something I never did in a NG run), got my ass kicked so hard by the Orphan and Laurence, I went to do the last dungeon instead then found myself stuck on four walls - Loran Camerabeast, headless Bloodletting Beast, Laurence and the Orphan. Basically, the four biggest cunts in the game. I confess those first three make me go full DSP.

I figured as much. Guess if I want to be optimal, I'll need to make a new character. Will that have to be completely from scratch or can I do anything on this current playthrough to make things easier for a second character by the way?

And on that note, how does one even go about making a full arcane build for things like the Kos parasite? Do you really have to go through the whole game making do with other weapons and shit stats before you get it and any other ARC based weapons? Though I suppose the lightning mace is a feasible ARC weapon and it's not too far to get it.

impure witch.

Guys, fuck, I just hit doll and she bled white instead of nothing, what the fuck, is this normal?

It means that she (or at least the dream version of her) is a great one since only great ones bleed white

But user Kin is not the same as being a great one, the celestial child is born from the union of a human and a great one, and the celestial emissary is a human forcibly turned into a Kin

Almost no time was probably spent making the chalice dungeons. Your point makes no sense.

You're looking for "fleshed" "really fleshed it out."

Posters like you are a diamond dozen.

Great Ones bleed red tho

What the hell is the One Reborn anyway?

Doesn't it scale about as well with skill as it does with strength?

Yes, plain and simple. Hence the cries for a respec feature.

If you want a dedicated build, gotta make due until end game with the starting weapons. It isn't too bad, a Fire Saw Cleaver and Bolt Cane will serve you well, though the Orphan and Laurence will give you a lot of problem. That build might be something like:
VIT - 50
END - 16
STR - 10
SKL - 9
BT - 5
ARC - 80

My personal theory is that its a very botched attempt to incarnate Oedon or Mergo in a physical body.

Anyway, I'm rushing dungeons for runes and rocks atm. Gonna leave you some glyphs in case you're interested.
9vb3tzza - Clockwise Rune (+15% HP) in layer 1
jrwffkyp - Blood Rock in layer 1

gz9mmj7y - Clawmark (+30% visceral damage) in layer 1
5vbj9dnk - Blood Rock and Anti-Clockwise (+20% stamina)

The stake driver has D scaling in both strength and dexterity end when it reaches rank 10 it gets C scaling in both.
If you want to have a lot of fun with that weapon try to get some striking bloodgems which increase charge attack damage, the watchers have a good drop chance for that gem, if I remember correctly the + 35% charged damage are relatively common

Do you have to have online in order to use glyphs?

Yes since they're dungeons created and shared by other players.

I was hoping they're just like seeds in Minecraft or something.
Can you get lost and uncanny weapons from random Root Chalices?

The messenger merchants in Pthumeru Ihyll (the last dungeon) sell all versions of every weapon.

gz9mmj7y - Clawmark (+30% visceral damage) in layer 1
5vbj9dnk - Blood Rock and Anti-Clockwise (+20% stamina)

Disregard gz9mmj7y because 5vbj9dnk has Clawmark in L1, Beast in L2 and Anti-Clockwise in L3. The rock is in L1 as well. Furthermore, it's a chalice without offerings so the difficulty isn't amped and the bosses are fairly simple (pyro wolf, Keeper and Abhorrent Beast).

I take back everything I said about the whip. It's pretty damn good after all.

Well, it deals serrated and righteous damage so It can perform pretty good again most enemies. The only disadvantage is that the whip for doesn't have a charge attack

Valtr's like "…and I'll have those beasts picking up cotton just as Oedon made then for!"
Constable furfag devouring Jesus isn't to be trifled with.

It does make up for it by being able to cheese enemies through walls in ridiculous distances, my personal favorite being killing two Brainsuckers in Upper Ward behind a closed door.

My run is being enlightening too, sticking to the Reiterpallasch and Bowblade, been learning all sorts of interesting things about. The transformed pallasch isn't just good for the gun but its R1 is straight sword hell instead of thrusts while the charged attack is fast enough to be chained on some enemies like the Nightmare Executioners and feral feminists. The bow has a very interesting combo transformation attack, particularly the sword to bow attack that makes you do a backstep and shoot a arrow which is really useful to score some extra damage in some bosses that retaliate quickly like the Abhorrent Beast.
Overall, it's a thing I love about BB - a entire weapon's move set feels useful.

My issue with the whip is that it just takes forever to kill shit it seems like when compared to other weapons.

I had that same problem initially too but then I realized that I was forgetting that it was also a sword and after I invested quite a few levels into skill I'm doing pretty well with it. I've got the stake driver with a bunch of thrust gems on it to deal with anything I need a backstab on. If I could just find a skill scaling weapon with a crescent slot for a bolt gem for dealing with ayy lmaos and squid then I would be set for this run.

The crowd control is great though. At the start of the game, you can school those mobs like there's no tomorrow and the cane will keep the ooga booga wolfman stunlocked for as long as you have stamina. Might not be perfect but it's by far the best a whip weapon has ever been in the extended series.

Burial Blade and Blade of Mercy. Alternatively, if you can, look up a dungeon that has a merchant selling all weapon versions or make your way to Pthumeru Ihyll which is pre-set so no online needed.

Done getting runes and I'm moving to the meat of the dungeons - cursed gems. A few more glyphs if anyone's interested:
kwcwckhw - Great Lake (+5% DEF for all attributes) in L1 and Deep Sea (+300 Frenzy resistance) in L3

ghgvhb2d - +25-27% physical (sometimes Arcane) triangular gems from the L1 boss, the Fatty Boombalatty squad

4ykw9skf - +26-28% BT gun gems from the L1 boss, Bloodstarved Beast

Shit.
First is kmcwckhw

You could reach the bath messengers in the chalice dungeon and buy an uncanny church pick, that is one of the best skill weapons that doesn't need bloodtinge, it deals serrated and righteous damage while also having a good moveset for the transformed version. I've recently started an arcane build using that weapon and it performs pretty good, the only downside is that the moveset for the regular form is kind of shit

the blood of the gods is red, which was scraped up from the walls in the old labyrinth and was infused with human blood to create the red blooded hunters of the healing church. Japan just loves the idea of blood colors denoting origin and red blood is always god's blood.