Halo 2 Project Cartographer

Halo 2 online multiplayer is back on PC. Check out Project Cartographer. It even comes with a free copy of Halo 2.

I actually bought a sealed copy of the PC version of Halo 2 a few weeks ago and I thought to myself "Lucky me, 3 bucks". Little did I know that the shit only worked on WIndows Vista.

That sucks. At least this works on modern systems.

Halo 2 installs fine on anything from Vista on up.

you sure? I don't want to open it and just ruin its collectible value.

don't you dare open that sealed copy, user

is it just multiplayer maps?

It includes the full game.

I've always hated this premise. If someone threatens me I have half a mind to kick their ass. If it's some little shit then it's doubly so (making it a full mind). What sort of retarded midget would willfully choose to put herself in the danger zone like that? Is the kicker that she's inviting you to rape her to death or what?
Also nice dubs.

But can I play co-op with up to 2-4 players on the campaign?

This is a Halo thread.

Devs said campaign is too buggy too bother with at the moment, but they're trying to get it working.

You can talk to the devs directly on the disagreement by the way

my benis will be realized if I could play with a few friends on gaylo 2's campaign on legendary even if someone dies the mission interrupts.

disagreement, not disagreement. Fuck my phone.

Wait, am I stupid? Can I not say disagreement?

D I s c o r d

What. Why.

Because we got tired of niggers shilling their NSA spyware in every thread. Thanks for stopping by.

If you're gonna shill your shit at least do it right and post a fucking link

Well to be fair, nobody forced you or no one else to click the links.

Sorry you can't take 10 seconds to Google it. I'm not shilling anything. If you like Halo 2 then you should be interested in this. It's not like I gain anything other than more people to play with by doing this. I'm posting this because no where near enough people know about it, and I'd like to change that.

This is gunna be popular, and then end up like the Dewritoes launcher for Halo Online.

the original is her asking you to fuck her or she will pull the rape whistle

I haven't fucked with dewrito in a while. What happened?

ded

The netcode is great, even the old glitches like BxR is still usable. Reminds me of the good old days of Halo multiplayer. It even has a full functioning single player on top of it all. The only problem is there's not a lot of people online. I've played a few games and it was fun, but I'm sure it would be a hell a lot more fun if more people were playing.

Is the crosshair still slightly below the center? I remember playing this with no problems whatsoever, but now it irks me beyond reason where I just can't play the game without stomping away disgruntled.

No but if works fine on the campaign and you'll get used to it.
In Halo Online you can center it, if you prefer to play that.

I installed Halo 2 for vista on a 7 x64 with a windows live patch just fine.

That's fucking awesome. That's the kind of mod we need to see more of. Imagine co-op MGSV. In before "LOL, so… even easier, then?" Dwarf Fortress. Hitman. Someone was working on a co-op Kerbal Space Program mod and got pretty fucking good at it, too.

I installed it on xp just fine
is just retarded

How's it run on Loonix
Also game night when

Project Cartograpgher has been active for awhile now and still sees updates.

ED is a meme and won't be releasing anytime soon.

go to the goycord and ask. I dunno if they got it to work on linux or have a working build for linux.

Reticule is adjustable as is FoV

OP is a retard and didn't post the trailer for it. The launcher is now also integrated into H2 so everything is done in game

Halo 1 and 2 only had co-op of 2P. 3 and onwards had 4P.

TECHNICALLY H2PC's Co-op, while early supports up to 16 players.

There's vids of the earlier builds of them doing like 8 man metropolis and getting a way in before the entire thing crashed.

A big issue is getting devices to synch. In Halo, devices arethings like doors that open when a player approaches, or when they hit a button. The co-op is moving at a snails pace because the main focus is on polishing the netcode and fixing things up.

Someone hosting?
I'm up for a game

It’s the basis of making a good thread, newfag. “Just google it” is a cancerous excuse for you to not do your job as a thread creator.

>tfw played gaylo online with JewJew forever ago
>tfw got Halo SPV3 and had fun thought it was ok
Too bad any modern gaylo is pozzed

Having a big ass is a nigger thing, right? Who wants a chick with obesity pushed down from her stomach to her thighs? Fitgirls are where it's at.

you can't change the FOV in project cartographer

Bursting with ==THICC==

The ass is proportionate to her child-bearing thighs

On topic tbh

So? Could you in the original? Locking it makes the playing field even anyway. No quake dickheads with their 180 degree bullshit preventing you from sneaking up on them.

Yes you can, pic related

Great taste, but the only good Halo is 1 with 3 being decent, playing Halo 2 campaign and it's absolute fucking garbage from the gameplay to the narrative/lore.
Completely ruins the Covenant and makes MC a God instead of a super soldier.

You can supposedly automatically activate any combination of skulls, too. I’m not seeing a difference, though.

Is there a difference?

Then why are you playing it

I don’t see how you can object to a fanatic theocracy framing their enemies within the structure of their religion. Why is that so difficult to stomach?

Halo 3 on PC when ;_;
If this works should be pretty rad for a game night.

These brutes remind me of my first
which I lost my virginity to while I was 15

Yes, one doesn't take the vacuum of space without specialized gear.

So I can remind myself on just how awful it is, from the decreased speed of Jeeps/Tanks and downgraded physics to the godawful generic early 00s rock/metal music it plays in too many sections.

I don't that's a well written premise, it's them acting nearly like humans and me relating to them that pisses me off, they downright sound like humans this time even if they did speak some english in the first game, Covenant was mistifying and so was Halo, Halo 2 just makes everything a shitty scifi super hero space opera blockbuster where everything is exploding, Halo 1 had some subtletly and left things to the imagination purposely, Halo 2 just kills the magic completely, especially by giving us a glimpse of the Covenant society which is too close too ours.
The jeep and ghost designs being the same on urban warfare also pissed me off, those designs were obviously intended for exotic places/planets.

Microsoft is supposedely planning a huge MCC update this April, I'd say it's possible it can happen then.

Post more

We don't care about your obese ex, blogpost somewhere else.

Off yourself lad

Look at her shirt.

No

Kill yourself.

We can dream user but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Halo 2 is fine, he's just a faggot.

The problem is Halo 2 suffered a lot during it's development and Halo 3 only got that level of polish that it did thanks to the wake up call Bungie got from H2.

What? Both a have military structure to them. You'd be under the impression anyways that the warthogs and Scorpions are standard issue mechanized units Why would the ghost change shape or function when it could be a different vehicle handling that role.

It already was a space opera, even Bungie admits to trying to aim for that when making the games.

You had better not be talking about Halo 3, the greatest game ever made.

Does this have voice on PC? I'd call for a gamenight but I can already imagine the mic spam if so. Not that I'm opposed.

It's a half baked rushed dissapointing piece of shit with no pacing.
Even you admit that it was rushed and there isn't a need for backstage info to know about it either, the game itself shows this.
Nigger a jeep with no armor in an urban environmment is fucking retarded, the jeep of the OG was clearly designed for exploration and rural areas which would be prominent in Reach and other colonies.
Even C&C Generals Technicals were more armored than the Halo Jeep.
Because it has no armor, but at least there you would have the excuse that these are aliens and that they have the numbers, technology and the need to SI this kind of shit due to all the variet of planets they hold and attack.
It humbly leaned you towards it, you don't even know what Halo actually does until the midpoint of the game.
Fighting the same amount of enemies in waves in the same location for nearly 10 minutes is not "right", making the fast firing human weapon even more of a peashooter is not "done right", making the pistol useless but adding a weapon which does the same exact thing is not "done right", waiting around for elevators 30 times is not "done right"

Halo 2 is a poorly designed mess with an awful narrative, people fellate it out of nostalgia and not much more.

It does, don't know if Project Cartographer has implemented it yet however.

This
Even the most hardcore halo fans I have known despise halo 2 as being one of the worst in the series (And by series I mean everything up to reach). A lot of the problems become even more glaring on the legendary difficulty.

Oh this is the shit, fucking hell yeah. I played so much Halo CE back in the day, this is gonna be a blast. I didn't knew that Microsoft/343 kept the official PC servers up until freaking 2015, now that is some dedication for a port that got majorly ignored due to the Vista backlash.

I'll play anything so long as it's not gaylo wars or anything made by 343

Again because they got fucked and had to chop so much out

The warthog in universe is a scout vehicle first and foremost. The entire design for it is "light armored vehicle". Same as the ghost, both serve as scout vehicles, the warthog has a level of modularity to it due to the back being able to be refitted with either a chaingun, which is the most common, a 3 tube rocket launcher, a gauss cannon , or even anti air rockets. I don't think Halo has what you'd be looking for as a in between the warthog and the Scorpion, which sit on opposite ends of the spectrum.

The ghost again is in universe light armored rapid attack and infantry support recon vehicle. The problem is there is no realy middle of the road as the prowler is just a replacement to the spectre which is just a analogue of the warthog, but with boost and 2 passenger seats on the side ontop of the gunner.

where are you pulling that from because I didn't say shit about that.
The only time you fight a wave of enemies in H2 is outskirts during the drone segment. There is no waiting for elevators in H2, you're thinking of Halo 1's library level which is basically what you're describing. Ever use an SMG outside campaign? It actually works against things like tanks, BR shots don't really affect scorpions. Bungie even admits they fucked up Halo's weapons by making the AR a SMG and the pistol a rifle. H2 was them trying to fix that.

Same can be said about any game really, including Halo 3. It's not a perfect game but it's core mechanics are improved over Halo CE without needing the gimmicks of equipment or armor abilities.

Also the covenant don't hold many planets most of the human colonies they come across they glass and leave them. The few planets they do hold are typically refueling stations that already have defenses mainly in space. Outside the homeworlds of the various races that make up the covenant the only major hub is High Charity.

I see, I'll get it downloaded later and check.

The mjolnir armor IS the specialized gear. It's airtight and has an emergency oxygen supply, in addition to automatically healing light wounds. I'm pretty sure it's temperature controlled on the inside too, otherwise the operator would have heat stroke under normal conditions. And he never bitched about the cold in the snow levels of the first game. And inb4 you argue this shit was introduced in Halo 2 to justify that cutscene, no. It was in the early books.

the Mjolnir suits have a 90 minute supply of oxygen. the MkVI introduced biofoam injectors to heal the wearer till medical attention could be administered. This is the reason they use to not show a health bar even though in H2 and H3 you still DO technically have player health ontop of the shields. it's just not shown. There's an old vid floating around of two guys showing this off. they did it on lockout using a sniper rifle and shooting a player in the foot.

I dunno, but early on they were working on trying to get something similar to H2 to run using voice codecs from Teamspeak

Okay biofoam aside, my point still stands. He could survive in space jumping from ship to ship like in that cutscene.

Yep. the Mjolnir, disregarding Halo 4, supposedly has MINOR EVA capabilities ontop of it. Taking the entirety of the end of Cairo station cutscene the chief probably had a good 45 minutes or so left of air

My college roommate literally did nothing but play Halo 2 on his days off. I'd kill to go back to those days, but I feel that the PC version would kill the flare that the Xbox gave it. Live back in the day was something REALLY special, something that just can't be matched by modern standards. Don't know what it was, it just had "it".

Give it a shot.

It's been 11 years, friend. Doubt it's coming after this long. If so, well, consider me interested. Release Halo 3 on PC and I won't need anything else ever again.

It's basically just bug fixes that have been plaguing MCC since launch.

They are literally hyping up bug fixes after years of doing nothing. Stop caring about microsoft because they don't give two shits about you unless you're buying shit from them

I am willing to buy shit from them, though

how many people are playing right now?

Don't

Also MCC being win10 exclusive would be a fucking joke. I remember when MS said "Oh H2V is only going to work for vista" and yet not long after a patch to make it run on XP was released.

Not to mention MCC will be a pale shadow compared to Custom Edition and H2 in terms of user content. Only so much Forge can do, since all it is is a stripped down version of Sapien, the tool Bungie uses to populate maps. and when I mean stripped down I mean heavily. With Sapien you can place even shit like rocks and trees, though you have to rebuild lightmaps. Forge is just weapons, vehicles, minor objects based on the object pallets for the map, and spawns and objectives.

Sapien, Guerilla, and TOOL will always be superior.

It doubt it will remain exclusive to Windows 10. Halo Wars: DE, Quantum Break, and Killer Instinct all came to Steam with support for Windows 7.

It's a glorious feeling. Gamenight soon maybe.

I dunno. Again this is microsoft.

Also we'd never get anything on part with Custom Edition in terms of user created content with anything they'd bring to PC

Quantum Break & Killer Instinct were developed by third party studios paid by Microsoft. Though honestly I'm surprised they put Halo Wars on Steam I believe Halo Wars on PC was a sick joke from MS to PC gamers as a sort of "look at what we made the Age of Empires devs do before we killed them off".
Also Microsoft is inconsistent as shit when it comes to releases on PC. Most of the stuff they have planned for the coming year is Xbox and Windows 10 exclusive. Hell Age of Empires Definitive Edition is confirmed W10 exclusive for some fucked up reason.

Even Gaylo wars is better than Halo 2

If it can be refitted with anything then it should be refitted with actual fucking armor or something protecting the driver.
The first Cairo segment, the first Arbiter encounter with the Flood where you're stuck on an elevator and only two enemies pop up 2 in 2 mintutes, the Banshee segment where you have to find where the Heretic leader is and 2 Banshees pop up from 2 to 2 minutes.
First mission on the Space station, aforementioned Arbiter Flood section, the Halo underwater segment.
You should play the game again, all these become very obvious and are tiring to play.

Doesn't make it any less retarded

You talk like a 16 year old, goddamn

Son publishers are rereleasing everything theybcan on PC right now and there's a demand for it.
It will happen sooner or later

Ok so that brings the total to 3

so lose speed, especially when the enemy is firing super heat plasma at you and can invalidate that armor. great fucking idea

The elevator on the 2nd Arbiter level granted was fucking annoying. but the elevator to the bomb room and the ride through the underwater area on regret you're seriously bitching about?

Mk I- Mk III suits were basically just exosuits fitted with either a power cable umbilical or a massive fucking battery. the Mk IV was the first suit that could be worn practically and at the time even then the slightest muscle movement would be exaggerated by the suit's systems. This resulted in the death of a few marines who had a muscle twitch which was exasperated by the system and from there it was a bunch of technicians watching horrified as basically the marines died via their own muscle spasms.

the Mk V introduced shielding based off not the elite's energy shielding, but captured Jackal shield gauntlets.

Who gives a fuck in an urban environment.
Plus the Warthogs in Halo 2 are slower than in 1.
See that's an actual good argument, good job, you refuted my shit.
Though the Marines still use armor, but that actually doesn't kill my suspension of desbelief out of asthetics alone.
Yes, they're fucking awful, I complain about Half Life 2s shitty breaks I'll certainly complain about this shit that's even more boring.
MJOLNIR isn't retarded, the fact that it can withstand vaccum pressure/being a contained life sustaining environmment is.
I can understand radiation, evrything else is fucking retarded, especially when the Covenant Elites have specialized gear.
Xenophilia isn't furshit nigger

Again you seem to miss the fact that covenant weapons melt shit, the wraith mortar is described in the books both early on and later as basically vaporizing shit it comes into contact with.
You said it was you fucking flip flopping retard. the armor itself was specialized from the start for the SII program even before the covenant invasion. In the books there is even EVA gear built for the MJOLNIR for extended operations in vaccum as the armor itself only has minor capabilities of EVA

Furries are xenos. Suffer not the Xeno to live

I dindn't, I said Mjolnir having spacefaring capabilities is.
Reminder that the Imperium Cult is no more thanks to Girlyman.

Not only that but it has life support capabilities.
This shit was just as retarded in Crysis 2.
That's just as bad

It still has an active player base of sixty to one hundred twenty players at most hours, but there hasn't been an update in several months.
I hope that we get a playable campaign from Project Cartographer and keep Halo Online as the go-to multiplayer.

What happened?

U DARE TO LIKE BIDEO GAME ON MY BOARD?

bad news my friend:
kids from around 2000 and onwards did grew up
they all have the shit taste we feared and ended up being worse scum that we thought

The first Halo is the only decent one

what do the runes say?

Gee whillikers, gramps! It's almost like people who were 10 in 2000 are 28 today. But of course your 40-some year old ass who played the original doom as a teenager has much better taste. All of us being here forever, one would think that you'd realize that something something opinions on imageboards.

I have every Halo game sans Halo Wars 2, including the physical Map Pack release for Halo 2, and I'm here to say that you write like a faggot.

Damn, you almost had me

Not as bad as age of sigmar

That being said, who wants to be elites and flood a CTF server and spam chat with elite dialogue with me?

le hivemind amiright? :^)

I can already picture it, you cancerous faggots spamming nigger and build the wall all over the chat while screeching like retards on the mic.

at the moment H2PC has no built in voice codecs.

I would rather have it like that HCE server that one user put up. just text, because even then you don't have time to spam shit like that

Did they ever fix the issues with campaign? I recall hearing that Project contingency made the campaign have issues if you installed it, and that since it isn't a seperae install, but an actual hack to tthe base Vistta release, that you can't just launch the base vista game without contigency after you install it.

Halo 5's MP and forge is actually good, it's just the campaign/art design that's awful. I'm cautiously optimistic for Halo 6. If they can improve the SP as much from 5 as they did the MP from 4 to 5, then 6 could be outright the best game in the series.

I'm sure they;'ll fuck something up though.

CE nostalgifags are even worse then 3babies. I love all the bungie Halo games, but fuck me if the Halo fanbase isn't the most fractured, insufferable pile of shit.

This is complete bullshit, 2 had far more actually intentionally mysterious things and forshadowing and lore hints as well as envoirmental storytelling then CE did. There's literally shit in 2 that wasn't even explained or followed up on till 10 years later that they planned in advance.

Halo was always good, and Holla Forums's reasons for hating it was always bullshit. It boiled down to contrarianism and misplaced rage at the death of arena FPS's even though arena FPS's were still alive till around 2007 when CoD4 came out, which is what actually killed them, and also what crippled Halo, since Halo is an arena FPS itself (albiet a slowed down one)

Different mod. They fixed a lot of issues with PC and campaign, one of the things I think is dumb is they added an option now in the settings to turn on skulls. The menus now are all built into H2 and replace the button that would open the GFWL dashboard normally.

Originally it was an external launcher that you set and logged into before playing H2V. Now they've built it into H2 and you sign into your PC account you make on their site before going to the character profile, just like you would on say XBL or GFWL. The downside is you lose the network tab, which is the LAN feature as PC uses that for their server browser.

No, I'm thinking of Project Cartographer, I just blundered and said Contigency instead even though I meant cartographer.

Can I just install H2V twice, once to one hard drive and then again to anotther, and then only install cartographer on one of them, so I still have an unmodified install to use?

I’m finding that NPCs have absolutely no fucking idea how to drive, but maybe that’s how it always was. I haven’t played the physical copy of the game since… Shit, probably before 2007.

I'm not part of your shitty Bungie fellating club
I tell it how it is, Halo 2 is fucking garbage.
Advancing in a line with a tank on a mostly tight corridor is fucking awful, doing it while killing the same amount of Ghosts every time is even more of a pain.
By giving the shittiest premise and narrative I've ever seen?
Yeah, like the whole fucking cliffhanger ending
Are you legit retarded?
3 itself completely fucks up the lore by making the Humans and Forerunners different species and it's painfully obvious they retconned that shit in after Halo 1 and 2.

AI in H2 was the first AI that drove if you got in the passenger or gunner seat. Marines in H1 COULD get in ghosts, but that was all you ever saw them drive despite having AI to handle driving hogs.

So you're just a faggot?

So the ark in H3?

How about all those forced scarab battles?

Bungie, even in their own words typically plans things, doesn't execute them and saves them for later. The original plan for Silent Cartographer was you'd go to the island to kill a covenant prophet, who at the time was nothing more than an elite with a silly hate according to Staten. The idea was scrapped, but guess what. It got reused with H2.

Also a concept that never made it into Halo 1, now remind me if this is ringing a bell but; giant covenant walking tank. I'd also like to point out in the H2 dev commentary they did originally have a game plan, starting all the way back to the cortana letters. Which were the original marketing plan for H1 to the end of the series.

The problem is does it really? We're never given a clear cut answer on if humanity really is forerunner. All the players know is in the first 2 games is that humans are considered "reclaimers" and that they can access things that the covenant can't on Halo. 3 tells the player that they ARE forerunners

Here's what spark says verbatim

You're an absolute retard who doesn't know what he's talking about.
Just like most Halo cocksuckers

Halo 3 came out in 2007, 343i Halos came out in 2013

Also what you're mentioning is post Bungie Halo and the glasslands shit. That was 2011 with Reach being 2010 and Bungie's last Halo game. For someone who wants to spend his time shitting his pants in rage at least read a book nigger goddamn

What the fuck am I reading?

I never knew Halo could incur such autism

It's a first person shooter, user.
The genre itself is fine, but it attracts almost every kind of person, which isn't a good thing.

It's primarily just the one retard posting images from cuckchan and claiming things and then denying he said shit

What photoshop filter is that? It looks really good.

Lad

Given how blurry the image is I don't think you can really say if it's the MA5B or C, the MA5B model in CEA looks pretty damn similar to the MA5C

Played it, it's ok

CMT as it is has no fucking clue how to design encounters and think it's best to just heap on enemies. What was really tension breaking was 343GS in that in the base game you never once encounter anything stronger than grunts and jackals which gives the player a sense that something is off, even on the higher difficulities there are no elites.

CMT didn;t get this memo and you find brutes and elites on noble and legendary. A lot of the new areas are nice but again heaping enemies into an area doesn't make it good. Weirder still was the sleeping grunt design choice on a10 when the ship is supposed to be under attack.

Weapon sandbox was shit too. literally 3 needlers, The shredder (Power), The Needler itself (Default) and the impaler (3burst). The sparrowhawk was shit since it had a shit shield system that was independent of yours and ONLY the sparrowhawk had it. Not to mention that's the same model that has been kicking around for years and they didn't really make their own. the underbarrel nade launching AR appears for all of 1 level and after that is never seen again despite levels being littered with the ammo for it.

My faovrite bit of fact is that Masterz is such a 343i cocksucker he removed a easter egg from b30 evolved that was a picture with the words "Halo 5 sucks".

It also works on Windows XP if you remove some some tiny amount of code that is just there to gimp it for "DX10 exclusivity". Good old Microsoft.