ELONA THREAD

ITS THAT TIME AGAIN
Yes its time to tend your magical gardens, find gifts for shit for children, help someone before its to late, get horribly diseased form ether, kill an entire town with monsters spawned from a book, lose karma for eating a cat, Mistake a the shota god for a girl, and realize why everyone loves sheenas ass.

See end of OP
Looks like the most recent is 1.75, get that shit. Elona is a game made by some jap named Noa. Elona plus is a mod of that game made by Ano

see end of OP
Will be called 1.75 elona custom INSTALL ME TO THE ELONA DIRECTORY
This brings about some quality of life changes and general improvements to the game as well as letting you customize things like pet AI, and teach them skills, makes it easier to feed them, highly recommended. I believe you just extract the game to the elona main folder and launch from the coffee cup icon. Made by some qt named annabannana and more recently taking up the torch a guy named bloodyshade. The version of custom has to match the version of elona plus

A jap roguelike with an overworld and no permadeath, with a bunch of sand box elements, its though to nail down. Can be played a ton of different ways like being a farmer who grows magic items as well as veggies, a piano player who get rocks thrown at him, be a valiant warrior who breaths fire, be a magical caster and nuke the map killing everything including your pets, be charismatic as fuck and have lots of followers. Expect to get you ass kicked a bit but once you get going its nice.
Can be a bit grind heavy once you get settled though. Join in on the fun!

I will be dumping infographics that are super helpful made by anons here.

GET RECENT DOWNLOAD HERE
bloodyshade.no-ip.org:42333/ElonaCustom/

Other urls found in this thread:

elona.wikia.com/wiki/Potential
pastebin.com/zDj9Etai
pastebin.com/cN89xXtQ
pastebin.com/ZJheEvFu
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog_(Elona+)
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:18329
elona.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnaBannana/New_Features_in_Elona_Custom_1.51.4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For new players keep the gene machine in mind, you have to do a fairly simple quest for it but the benefits of getting skills on your pets from it is huge.

Thats it for shit I have capped.

wew

This also happened to me too.

This game gets some great fan art.

Yes, but it has very small amount of fan art.

I wonder when they will finish Act III story arc.

That it does.

I'll git gud at art so I can doodle this stuff too

Have some more.
I'm stuck at the final floor of lesimas, I can't quite beat that faggot, I'm so close. Its kinda stonewalled me from playing the game .

Try getting him drunk, that used to be the cheesiest way to kill him on low level runs.

so like, just throw beer at him until he can't stand or cast?

Yup, eventually he start vomiting and taking damage from it.
This exploit man have been fixed. You'll want to double check if he's immune to alcohol.

Anywhere to find some good talk.txts? I know that place for sprites randomly has them, but searching that isn't viable, and most of the time they're for different branches of Elona.

Beer is easy enough to make so its not like I'll loose much trying it. I normally just recall out of there if shit looks like is about to go south.

Some user autisticly and lovingly made one for yearles machine waifu but I never saved it. Maybe someone else has it.

I'm not interested in some Yop's autism anyway. More for the nap's yap.

GUYS, SHUT UP FOR A SECOND, THIS IS IMPORTANT: SHOULD I MARRY MY FIGHTER PLANE. This jet was originally asked to join for convenience, but things have gotten more serious. I love the way she blushes, the way she giggles when I hold her wing and tell her she's special. The day she upgraded from plane to jet was one of celebration; she was still my cute little death bombardment machine, but even more beautiful and sleek than I could have imagined. We've been at the Soul Mate level for a while. What have you faggots done to me? I'm seriously considering marrying a fighter jet. What the fuck did I do to deserve this? Also, should I pop the question?

nigga, look into your heart and see if you find strafing runs looking back, you will know the answer.

Even blessed potions of potential don't seem to help me. Martial arts grinding is suffering. Send help.

what playstyle are you even rolling there fam

I worked on magic for a bit to get some of the early buff spells. Also pumped gardening/performance for platinum grinding.

reroll
NO WE CAN MAKE IT WORK

Keep at it, user. Mage monk is the way.

Not with how many spell enhancing staves are out there.

otigiri

Can be wielded with a staff and it doesn't count as dual wielding. And the spel enhancement stacks.

So I should just keep grinding things out? At this point I'm just fishing around puppy cave to restock on some books, all the other dungeons on the map are too rough for me to fully clear.

A few of your potentias are below 100, do you have enough plats?

Getting plat isn't really the problem, I'm just behind the curve and need to grind out combat. I'm stuck in the puppy cave for a while I guess.

The other dungeons aren't that bad, not counting drakes. The biggest problem you'll face is that you'll have too much loot and have no way to carry it home.
You are doing the procedural dungeons and not the fixed dungeons right?

Both, I'm barely able to clear a lvl 18 dungeon. I have to keep hero rolling, spam heals, and stick to narrow corridors or I get dicked.

You must have very low stats then.
Do all your stats have 40+ points at least?

This is what I get for not reading thread first.
Try using info in first pics of and

You can max out the spell enhancement with artifact fusion to free up your hands. Also, you can equip staves in your ranged slot.

Pretty much. And yeah, stick to Puppy Cave and easy hunting missions for now.

Oh hey the Elona thread is back up, finally started getting a hang of the game during thread downtime but I still have a shitload of issues. Like the guy up above my stats are pretty shit. Should I be starting a farm to breed food items to get the potentials up? Oh and where is the best place to put a farm? Also I am having trouble getting plat I only get 1 per mission and the potentials drop off like buggery.

The food trains your attribute so it would actually decrease potential. The best way to increase it without potential potions is by teaching your pets cooking and waking up at morning (after 6 and before 12 I think).
Sleeping on a good bed increases it too so get a happy bed if you can.
Dumping money to magic vendors increases the chance to get potential potions.

Ah thanks, yeah I started investing around Lumiest but I think I'm going to move my house there to be closer to my shop first. To move my house I just need to build a new one or do I need to use the disband house scroll thing as well? I got lucky and have a few happy beds thankfully will sleep more.

Some user in thread very long ago recommended setting Farm around Palmia to sell more products from farm.
But I just made it around Vernis after I lost my Cooler box in some changing dungeon.

Thanks will stick my farm up around there. Also fucking happy beds my arse, some dream just niggered away my poison resistance.Ree.

You just read another house deed. It should bring all your shit to you by itself and stack it on 1 tile.

Thanks will give it a go.

I thought I saved the talk files some user made a number of months ago, but apparently I forgot. They were done for a few of the god pets and were written fairly well.

Yes, these dreams are annoying.
I wish that they would add dreamcatcher item that blocks all bad dreams.

The quality of a bed only affects how much potential you gain from sleeping, types of dreams and the amount of dreams that happen to you are completely random.

Also pic related never gets posted in the OPs anymore, so here it is in case anybody wants to customize their loli

I'd avoid the fixed dungeons, they're much higher level than you. Level 10-1 dungeon still give decent loot so do those instead of dungeons you aren't built for.
You seem to be running a martial arts/caster/farmer build am I correct? What pets do you have?

For a while I stayed away from dungeons that were similar to my level, give it some time to get some good skills and better equipment and you will figure it out.

You can always use dimensional fishing to cheese dungeons.

Doesn't it kind of depend on what kind of character you're playing for dimensional fishing to be of any use? Like I'm playing a gunner but I've also got a shitton of CON and PV so I'll dimension fish a boss right next to me, gauge release then spam Zero Shoot. Tears through pretty much anything

I it depends on character build, as long as you do it near the stairs you can always bail if it looks bad. Certainly helps take on dungeons you couldn't do the normal way although the drawback is it's slow as fuck.

Elona discourages stair-dancing with Sp though

Kumiromi regen can help with that, also the stairs are just mostly to bail if things are bad, you can always move onto another dungeon if one goes badly. I mean it's not a perfect method just cheesey, works for me for taking on stuff I could never do if I took them on all at once.

This is very tempting, I feel like wreaking terrible destruction on all the towns.

I felt the same way when I got a lion nuke

Nice trips, will it fuck my game up if I take out a few towns?

Important NPCs(eg. vendors) will eventually respawn after a couple days, but if they're killed in the blast they'll be hostile towards you. Also I assume you'll take a huge karma hit, I don't know I've never actually nuked a town.

Bah! I'll just save scum some mass murder to cheer me up. Thanks.

Do it. Go, make the brillian blood red roses bloom.
Towns reset and people respawn after a few days. Until then, lots of people will probably be very dead. You'll also have to hide out at Derphy for a while.

Just setting off the nuke drops your karma even if you don't kill anything.

I gotta go real life shit for an hour or so, then the cleansing begins.

I don't think the karma hit applies if you invoke Ragnarok somehow, does it?

How is it that I'm only seeing this for the first time? Also yes, I do believe you get a karma hit for Ragnarok

I don't think so. I think NPCs get mad if they get burned by the resulting fires though.

Very not much of those around.
Of the few that exists, there seems to be a decent amount of Kumiromi shota, unfortunately.

Dunno, I try to find a reason to post Shena's ass every now and again. I don't know if I remember right, but I think the others might be drawfaggotry. Sadly that's all the lewds I have.

Those others are from someone on pixiv who draws a shit ton of Jure.

Anyone know what I should add to a living weapon as a low level character?

I've never seen one before, how do I even get one?

Either luck through drops when identified or I think I managed to trade for it off an npc adventurer.

Can you even do artifact fusion at a lower level? I thought you need an NPC that's after the first main quest.

I have no idea about that, I thought you just levelled it up then used it to add stats and abilities.

The way I understand living weapons is that it adds stats to itself, you have no input on that. You get what it gives you, you can't choose

Ah well that sucks, thanks though.

The other replies are incorrect, you had the right idea in
Get kills, the weapon levels up as you go, and once it is ready to level, you can (t) use the item to present a menu of upgrades to choose from. The available choices change every month. This sucks because if you want to pump up a single upgrade (see below), after the end of the month you will have to wait up to a year to get another chance to do so. On the bright side, you can freely back out of the upgrade menu with no consequences, so feel free to check it whenever.

IIRC the other options are
>elemental damage (the main choice, see below)

The consensus seems to be that you should pick one elemental damage type and pump everything into it. If you spread your elements they will be easily resisted, but with one strong element you can do excellent elemental damage for a long time (or so I'm told, I don't have much experience beyond North Tyris). None of the other options except maybe weapon enchant (once you've exhausted blacksmiths') are really worth it.

2nd pic related is my living whip that I also got as a low level character. I added the nerve damage and the increased damage to dragons (which I probably wouldn't have done if I could do over). It's only level 3 because I'm waiting for the year to pass so I can have another chance at nerve damage. Magic damage would be a solid choice for North Tyris, but after that enemies start getting high magic resist.

The other note of importance is that after level 10 (I don't know the exact level, check the wiki), your weapon will begin to suck your blood. Most people don't want this and stop at level 9 (or 10 if that was the safe one). If you did, however, you could safely continue strengthening the weapon for 10 more levels (IIRC) before the blood sucking gets worse. Level 9/10 should be good enough for one crazy elemental damage weapon, but it's something to think about.

Well shit, I didn't know this, forget what I said then. That's pretty cool, hope I find one one of these days.

Ah cheers dude, I'd be happy to stack nerve damage on it especially since it already has nerve breath so it seems fitting. I'll start levelling it up and checking every month to add more nerve.

It is done. This game has ruined me, but it is a happy ruination, I think. The wedding was held in a large field since it's the only place that could hold a combat jet dressed in wedding regalia. I was thinking of retiring with a small business but my wife wants to drop several tons of napalm on swarms of undead, and also shoot a dragon down for dinner. Happy waifu, happy laifu.

I uploaded versions onto elonaup, but if you give me a few days I'll hop back on to re-up them here, they're all saved to my computer. I'll get back to making them once I'm done with college and working in a bit.

I thought they were shit, but that's nice to hear. I'll get back to working on them here in a week or so.

Do it faggot

Make more you nigger

Has Elona been fixed or is it still buggy and unbalanced?

Majority of bugs were fixed, but it's still unbalanced.
Ps. Read goddamn OP.

Holy shit, how is the Exile such a good pet? I didn't know that nether and darkness damage were so potent. I'm sure that much higher level enemies will end up resistant to it later down the line, but I'm in a level 44 dungeon and my exile is shredding apart dragons and titans at level 31. Also pic related are best god pets.

Elona being unbalanced is part of what makes it so much fun

Yeah the Exile is pretty damn great. I used to be jealous of it killing nearly everything when unloading multiple darts in one turn.
Be sure to keep its potential high and to let it get AP for speed training.
I neglected to do this and her usefulness dramatically fell at higher levels.

I don't get back home until thursday, had to find the actual day. Sit tight if the thread dies, I'll catch the next one, nothing's coming up.

Is being a gunner anyfun or is it
more of a side class sort of thing?

Yes.
Wear melee weapon and know some magic spells just in case.

This will help just in case but if you train the right skills you'll rarely use it
This doesn't seem completely necessary, I get by with just magic devices. Even then I still rarely use them. I would say that having good pets is necessary for a gunner though, especially early on you're gonna want tanks. Also I would recommend heavy armor with lots of PV just in case an enemy ends up right in your face

This I agree with until you can spit out superior scrolled materials for your gear getting you bonus speed or perfect build stats, or start getting precious armours. Spirit cloth is pretty great in general.

Riding will help a lot for speed too, I'd recommend getting the Kaneda bike, it's faster than a Tyrannosaurus and lets you save your best buddy Tetsuo.

yeah but a trex is cooler

Meh, it's not like you SEE them when you're riding them anyway, it's just a generic horse sprite

The best mount is the black angel you get from Lulwy though. Kaneda bike takes way too much time/savescum to be worth it

Yeah but you KNOW its not a t-rex

Not really considering how many bandits keep trying to attack me.

No dude, enemies start getting high resist to everything except magic later in the game. Barely anything has natural resistances to pure magic damage.

Anyway to tell if an item is acid damaged, like will it say in the description if it's affected by it?

It shows up as *name of item* is damaged by acid/fire/ice.
It causes loss of enchantment value if by acid, just destroys item if by fire and ice only affects potions.
If enchantment falls below -10 by acid, item is destroyed.

Ah thanks I was confused with "to hit bonus" which is shitting up my pets sniper rifle. Thanks.

All sniper rifles have really big penalties to hit. Get your pet a machine gun, laser pistol or shotgun.

Thanks that's a bit help, same goes for the cute fairy god pet. She's listed as "archer" class so I wasn't sure to keep her with a bow or not?

Well the cute fairy starts off with the most points in bow and crossbow, so the easy route is to give it one of those. You could give it a firearm but it won't be able to hit shit until it trains up that skill a bit. Really it's all up to you.

Thanks, since it's elona I guess I'll take the long hard grind route and start him training with a better weapon.

If its been upgraded it will have a +1 or more next to its name. Really helps with a weapon you like, sames goes for armor.

On top of that, magic resist also contributes to elemental resistances. This is also why magic resist is such a valuable attribute.

Oh snap I didn't know that, I always get overwhelmed by equipment and never really know what attributes to go for.

This mod doesn't work, I just get an error in moon rune and the game crashes.

Install Elona+ as you normally would.
Unpack the E+C archive inside the Elona+ folder, such that the ElonaC.exe file is in the same folder as elonaplus.exe
If asked to overwrite files (like talk.txt/config.txt), do replace them.
Launch the game through ElonaC.exe instead of elonaplus.exe in order to play using E+C.

And don't forget to change your compatibility settings if you support microjew - though this should go without saying, really.

Send help.
I'm playing as a Snail Pianist, but I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. This is my first time playing elona, but I know pretty damn well that I've made a mistake.
What do I do? I keep getting fucking annihlated by a stray fucking pebble some jackass drops on me during the middle of my fucking performance, losing around 20-40% of my fucking gold.
On my other character, he's a Fistomancer (read: predator monk) and I keep dying to these bullshit slimes. I just got to a level where I can somehow somewhat beat them, but I have no idea how to proceed. What do?

Snail is an advanced hard mode style race for experienced players, I would re-roll as pretty much anything else race wise. Speed is one of the most important stats in elona and as you can see the Snail has awful speed and several other nasty salt related weaknesses. Good race for a second or third challenge playthrough I'm told though.

ohshitniggerwhatareyoudoing?
Fistomancer could work but martial arts can take a while to pay off, avoid slims as they drop acid when they die. Kill then at range if you can.

I decided to go into the Beginner's tower.
The fuck?
>a sword that ends all

Congratulations, you have brought an end

Anyone know why I can't seem to ever find potion racks or bookcases that are useable in the shops or dropped? A potion rack would make my life a lot easier.

Go into some randomly generated dungeons, you'll find them eventually. Or you could invest in the furniture shops and hope they're added to their inventory

Ah thanks, didn't even consider about investing. My heads not with it, it would seem.

It can take a while to find what you want sometimes, god forbid you need a deed. Check out the shops at the tax collector, they sell furniture and shiet.

Thanks will do, love me some merchants.

I got raped hard at my own home after reading a book that summoned swole as fuck monsters.
Any way to restore these stats or should I re-roll?

Yeah, visit the magic shop, its the same person who uncurses you, but its restore my stats or something.
Also avoid reading that shit in your home.

Took me a minute

Don't worry, some people will never see it.

Shit dude. Use your second character.
Avoid during making performance, these will just kill you.
If your performance skill is less than NPC level around you toot you will get stoned.
In Vernis Lobter is ~lvl 50 and that Warrior in cloak is ~lvl 80. Try to do it in other towns first.
Kill them with ranged attacks or magic. Otherwise make all your equipment acidproof. Acidproof liquid sometimes shows up in Puppy cave.
It has special attribute that cause high level monsters and etherwind to appear.
That's way too early for weapon with godly attribute to appear and in such low level dungeon.

You should reroll or grind more to recover these. Stats can only be restored by healer, when they are red in lower bar.

Update on my char growth, going pretty slow to be honest. Anyone have any tips for getting charisma up?

eat engagment rings, no really.
Get a gem cutter and use it until you can craft inferior material scrolls, then eat them fuckers. Eating shoes makes you faster. Pudit meat is also good for your charisma.

THE TUTORIAL WARNED YOU BRO

I can make those scrolls thanks, will start making the rings raw and eating them now thank you. Is it okay to eat them all at once? no need to spread out the gains from them?

Raise charisma potential to great/superb.
Get a lot of gp and learn investing.
Pick any shop and then invest 50.
Try to make it that shops ranks are only a little above 100.
Your charisma should surge way up after that.

Invest 50 on shops.
Fastest cha gains ever.

Thanks I have a shop to near 100 right now, must have done it with shit potential. Will work on that too thank you.

Only if your stat potential is good or above.
Otherwise your gains will be garbage.

How do I raise charisma potential?

Looking at it myself, it seems the easiest way other than potions of potential is to use herbs. Probably using a Curaria as a base food in the "Herb In" recipe from the pot of fusion. The breakfast potential from pets seems nice later on but my little girl is a bit of a shit cook right now.

There aren't many easy ways to raise attribute potential and make it stay on Good.
Raising herbs demands some gardening skill and time to grind that skill too.

Wizard class is surprisingly hard to get used to early game.
Not that hard as non-fighting classes though.

The hungrier you are the better the gains, seeing as raw objects don't spoil just hold on to them and eat when starving.

Oh wow, did not know that at all. Will that be the same with using herbed in food?

Ah thanks, guess I'm lucky my gardening is one of my higher skills from doing all the quests.

Gave this to my shopkeeper npc, I will be upset if this doesn't lead to some kind of shopping massacre.

I don't know for sure but I'd be careful with the bloodsucking, I think if your pet's healing skill isn't high enough it could die.

thought I could deal with that on some nice ass sword I found. Thing spawned monsters in on me when I was fighting a boss.

If I remember correctly it's not that gains are buffed when starving, but that gains take a hit when you're anything but starving. And that should apply to everything edible.

It will only happen if she's wearing it in weapon slot.
ps. It can summon any monster regardless for its level, so don't make your npc wear it. Unless you want to get JUSTed.

Aww nuts better take it off him then, I've only trained his negotiation.

Sounds like my luck with trying things out.

Thank you, that's a really huge tip, I had no idea.

Thanks although that would be par for the course in my life.

Definitely take the time to train up the skills used to gather from those nodes in the dungeons:
Detection, Gene Engineering, Gardening, Fishing, and Mining.
With a high level magic shop, you might get a potential potion every few days but with high levels in gathering skills, you'll have a ton of those potions.
Teaching your pets those skills also lets them gather material when they kill monsters if your relationship is at least "friend". Not sure if high level monsters or high skill level gives better material, but I often see them give me the ingredients for potential potions.
You'll find your current worries laughable when you see your attributes increase easily with potentials always at superb.

Thanks, my gathering skills are very weak and gene engineering. I'll take your final advice and stop worrying so much I'm sure it will all come in time. Teaching my pets gathering stuff sounds like a good idea. Time to actually separate and sort out my bonus to crafting skills equipment to make this all bit easier.

GIB TILESET
it is a different tileset you are using right?

Honestly, don't worry to much about you first character or so, I went though about 7 before I really started to hit my stride, and even if you do fuck up the grind isn't as bad as if used to be.

Indeed it is.
If you don't know how to use, change it to bmp and place it in elona\graphic

What're the yugiho cards for?

Currently nothing. I'm assuming it's for a card game that was planned to be added but never was, since you can add monster cards to a deck.
Also, interface2.bmp is an unused gui graphic for what I think that minigame is supposed to be.
Not sure if the maker is planning to add in a card game something.

Thanks for posting this, I've been meaning to use this. This will work with 1.75 right?

They're probably used for blackjack

No problem. Yeah it should work without a problem. I added the pet mana bar from recent updates too.
Oh yeah you're right. That's hilarious.
Might be just me but it looks glitched though, maybe because of how transparency works.

Huh, yeah, center of the card's black and judging by the other sprite sheets that aren't PCC's black is transparency. Wonder if there's any way to fix that.
my nigga

At least I gained dexterity from it.

Probably cursed. Make sure to eat some good food for a while between sessions of eating mysterious items or you might develop anorexia (bulimia) and puke your guts out any time you ingest something that isn't liquid.

Always identity stuff, eventually when you work hard to get them potentials up it can really suck when it happens.

Alive, here are the re-ups for the tonefiles. I'll start making more later, after my grandfather's funeral
Black Angel: pastebin.com/zDj9Etai
Jure's Defender: pastebin.com/cN89xXtQ
Yerles Machine Infantry: pastebin.com/ZJheEvFu

Thank you user, I'll try those out. Also sorry to hear about your Grandfather dude

I hope things get better for you user.

Its okay, but a lot starts to resist that damage, especially bosses, nether / dark hounds, yiths (I think) If I have the exile, I prefer to be the one doing the majority of the damage.

Anyone else got any good custom shit to use?

there any good way to cure dieses and mutations that aren't potions?

I've got a bunch of PCC and sprite packs, I dunno if you already know how to use them and edit them to grab which ones you want.

herro,
how do rez my dead loli pet?
how do i pay for food?
early gold how?

ask a guy dressed in gey in pub
what do you mean?
sell shit from dungeons and do jobs or whatever thoes thing on board are called

bread is like 300-500 gold.
need to ID stuff to sell it.
gold drops at like 16 pieces each.
I just suck.

Dick around in the puppy dungeon and sell magical items and potions, while not touching the armours unless you want to equip it. Make sure you identify things you bring back so you can see them easier in the dungeon.
Other than that, do delivery quests from the board, everything else will probably kill you. Things like transporting some dude from one town to another, note, not the urgent "my x is sick needs doctor" ones, the book or item delivery ones and most things that keep you out of combat. travelling levels up all your skills slowly so it's worthwhile to do.

(b)ash trees with fruit on them to get fruit, cook the fruit at vernis' cooking place on the food processor. You can also eat anything not nailed down, like the bread-sticks on the ground next to aforementioned food processor. You won't be buying food until you get your gravy train going. Do quests, it's the only way for you to get gold early.

Your pets are revived by keepers in the bars of every (or most) town(s)

For early money, travel to Yowyn which is SE across the little river and take Harvest quests. Easy to do, level's gardening, strength and weight lifting. You can use the Bronze coins you will get from rewards to pay for meals that help boost your stats too.
Also you can pay like 140 gold for a meal from inkeepers that will fill your food level right to the max but doesn't give any bonus to stat growth but it's very useful early on.

thx fam

what?

If you identify magic items and such, you'll see them in the dungeon instead of just "potion" or a generic designation. Instead of mossy spellbook you'll see book of identification or silence or something. This helps with scrolls because if you identify scrolls of oracle, you can always pick up those scrolls in a dungeon and sell them full price without having to identify them again.

ah.. ok that sounds a lot more economical

You shouldn't sell the scrolls of oracle unless you need the cash really bad. I find it best to trade those with adventures for their rare items. Just note you trade away the entire stack so you'll have to drop some of them first before trading.

There is a bug that I had when I was playing last time that after some time some of my keyboard commands would stop working. It had an easy fix but it was more than a year ago so I forgot it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I had something like this happen when I first started playing the game. For me it was when I hit the numlock key while the game was running. Just make sure you don't do that and it should be fine

Anyone know if the amount of sampling/gathering spots in dungeons was reduced? I feel like I'm finding less than I did in 1.71, which is what I was playing before 1.75. I don't remember reading anything about this in the 1.72-1.75 patch notes.

My loli is on an awesome crafting spree.

My Loli keeps "disappearing" when I going anywhere and it's really fucking annoying because I have no idea why, it's a new game and she has default gear.

Do you mean she wanders off? Put a leash on her and any other pets so they don't chase enemies you can't even see.

No it says "Suddenly Loli dissapears" and she's gone like a random teleport.

it seems her starting gear was cursed I just tried to remove it all. It's going to be easier to start over than raise the coin for that though. ffck.

Just give her a scroll or two of uncurse, if you have some. I think that's cheaper than the uncurse NPC person.

This
It's not worth to restart over something like that. If you can't afford the scrolls try your luck in the puppy caves if you can and make some dosh while you're at it. Alternatively you can make money with some simple quests like escorts or harvest quests in Yowyn.

She got some gear with teleport.
Unequip it all if you find something can't, then you must go to healer to uncurse it.

Oh if you are knew just in case you didn't know as it was the most helpful tip I got, press * to be able to drop multiple items from the menu without opening it. Makes life much less frustrating.

Is there a way to level detection other than using the gather spots?

Finding secret passages or traps in dungeons.

Ah right so not just spamming search but actually finding something, thanks dude.

This is probably the most overpowered attack ever, I don't even know how I even got it.

Holy shit thats the most angst attack ever
UUGHHHH
BLOOOOODDD STRRREEAAMMMM
pshh, nothing personal

Is that what that does? Huh, I'll have to try it out now

There's literally nothing on the wiki telling you what this special action even does, nor that the game gives you any detail. You have to literally try it yourself to know how fucking powerful it is, able to take down titans and dragons in at least two hits with it (and gain AP).

It kinda looks like a breath attack that goes a straight line. And since I do have the fire breath feat, that could be how I got it.

I don't know when I got it either, maybe it was after you reach a certain CON level

>elona.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog_(Elona+)
It's hiding here.

So this game literally encourages you to be an edge lord.

I fucking love this game

I've been making money early game by bring a trade convoy with the cargoes you get from the pub. I take it this is a bad move since I'm wasting turns and not leveling anything?

As long as you're building up your equipment, not particularly. Have you picked up the Traveler skill? If not, I'd prioritize getting it since it means you can train your other skills while making dosh.

This

Cargo trading is a great way to make money early on, just make sure you keep your traveling potential high and keep some teleport rods/scrolls handy if you don't have the dimensional move feat in case you run into really strong bandits

I've just been using the leftover money to buy equipment and dumping it into magic stores for scrolls of teleportation. Probably can't p2w for better gear

When you beat Act 1 and have AP to spare, you should get the feat that makes you do more damage the closer you are to death for maximum edge.
The damage boost caps out at 3x damage at 5% hp.
Consider getting the MP barrier too so you don't die in one hit.

Brainwash in my opinion is the most bullshit attack ever, there's literally no countering it.

I'm not really interested in any of those, but how do I use them?

It is mandatory to get this, because fuck invisible monsters.

I use the lucky dagger since I've got a better helmet, but yeah invisible monsters are really annoying. Especially during hunting quests where you're just running around hoping you bump into them

you divide them into 128x192 images and convert them into BMP format, and rename them pcc_body# and stuff them in your pcc folder.

This thread has most of the info you need, I use GIMP when dicking with this stuff. elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:18329

what's the early game method to getting platinum coins?

quests

is that essentially the only way to grind platinum?

Nope, there's using the performer skill and running random dungeons for two examples. But you said early-game methods and when you're at a low level and have shit skills then your primary way of getting platinums is going to be gift quests and escort quests as most everything else will kill you.

How do I check my loli's stats?

Insight lens or go to an investigator in a town

Also a reminder to give your loli (and any other pet for that matter) ores or just straight-up gold through evochat so they can train their skills and keep their potentials high. I realized this later than I should have and doing quite well but really you should be doing it from the very beginning. It seems to be something a lot of people miss.

This is the first time I've "seriously" played Elona, I don't know what evochat is and I'm curious what you mean by ores, I found some "ores" on the ground in the puppy are they useful for.. something?

I fucking hate titans and their bullshit ground pound attack that one/two shots you at 800 health. Thank god blood stream kills them easily.

Evochat is an option you get when you talk to your pet (hit "i" then the direction of your pet to interact). I don't really use it but I understand that that's how you directly give your pet gold. However the most common way to get your pet gold is to give it ore (mana crystals, mica ore, etc.). There's a useless furniture item called ores I think but it sells for shit and I don't think your pet will even take it. Having your pet get money is important because it uses it to train it's skill potentials when it's in town. You can then use an insight lens/investigator to check your pet's attributes and skills to make sure they're on the right track. Also if your pet doesn't have a skill that you want it to have get a gene machine and take a trip to Derphy and buy some slaves to start gene engineering. Some good suggestions for pet skills and the slaves that have them is here

Anyone get any word on a new chat server? I miss death messages and shitposts.

Ran across these on the uploader. Can I just rename them and turn monsters in the game into monstergirls?

iron breastplate -1,8
bronze breastplate 0,3

common sense seems to go with iron, but loli wants to wear bronze?

Guard want's to give her kid garbage for their birthday. I have 16 pieces in my material inventory. I can't give the material with either dialogue or interaction commands. wtf

Garbage in this case refers to a random item on the ground in the wilderness, which is literally called Garbage, and is an item you can pick up and put in your inven.

ok..

Blood stream has been super useful in those high level hunting quests, ones that would normally destroy you quickly.

Although it looks like blood golems also have the same bullshit attack, but they're too stupid to abuse it.

Violent Garden doesn't care about invisibility.

Seriously, brainwash should be removed, it's the most bullshit status effect ever.

This right here is the most trolly equip ever, especially if you're high level.

Wait is that a new negative modifier?

I put this bad boy on my platina bell.

I'm curious about something, I see traders with items for sale that have and I get [news] with achievements and such (supposedly players earning fame).. but the Elona chat has been down for a couple years, is it all just for flavor? there is no connection to other players nowadays in any way as I understand it?

Those are NPC adventurers. You can see all of the ones currently alive in your file when talking to an info-dealer at a bar or something, typically nearby the identification NPC.

Why do you people keep playing this, you can do everything worthwhile in 1 (long, but still 1) run

go back to the fallout thread

No, it's probably just accidental (((localization))).

There is another elona chat server just for elona+.
Yes, it's from NPC adventurers.

WTF I thought this was some kind of Korean grindan MMO mobage.

Then, you are just retarded.
However, it does have that huge amount of grind though.

finally get to the point that I can fight off rogue bosses who attack. Collect several kinds of cargo from them. No shop keepers will buy them from me.

There's NPCs in taverns that deal in cargo. You know, the ones you buy them from/sell them to if you want to be a traveling merchant or something.

For some reason I thought it would be the general store vendor.

Go back to where you came.

Didn't that one go down too? What's the new URL?

You need to edit it in the config, check the wiki forums.
But it's kinda dead.

No, I know that, I'm just sure that it was taken down too. Weird.

Yeah, it is down. All it does is freeze my game when trying to connect to the master. It's been down since oktober.

Join us user-kun

All the fanart looks like the Granblue Fantasy game so I just assumed they were the same kind of thing.

Shiet, the restart is calling again.
I had my current character training a ton of skills. I know the game is grindy but it was extra grindy with me trying to minmax my spell usage for maximum gains across the board and I was using melee too(Warmage). My companions were kicking my ass in individual skills since they actually focused on theirs. I think I was taking on too many companions as well, it was becoming a bit crowded and complicated with 3-4 of them running around making skill growth less consistent and me having to babysit instead of wrecking shit.
I kinda want to restart focusing on the simple life of skellington necromancer which I never tried.

Aside from elona though, what's going on with that other game, Elin? I looked it up and saw nothing new.

Nobody truly knows, it's still on alpha 0.1 version.

Just import your save. No need to restart

Where is a gem cutter? Where can one be found?

restore stats didn't work so I just re-rolled. Luckily I'm realizing that the dozen hours or so were wasted and I managed to get everything back pretty easily.

You can find them as drops in dungeons, I don't know where you might find one to be sold.

Found cat sister book, get excited. Check wiki and it seems like she's a shit pet.

pet doesn't matter, all stronk in early game when the choice matters

if you really must know, you can make ez money by buying cargo from port that a port would make and then selling it at a town as far away as possible (at least 20k gold ez) and then you can get decent slaves anyway on the market

Cat's an EVO pet, you need to evolve them to their stronger variants, of which there's at least two. This counts for most humanoid pets you get.

Hmm just got the pets I'm using now the skills and stuff not sure if I can be arsed sorting out the cat girl. I'm already using the cute fairy for range. I'm doing okay for gold so far thanks though.

I'm some way off evo'ing things I think.

standard EVO hearts start dropping after like dungeon level 35 I think. You can use the pot of fusion at that point to take your spare evo hearts and turn them into "another evolution" hearts, which are the tier 2 evo items, of which I think the cat sister uses in the second stage evolution. It's either that or it spawns from a god heart, and gods don't start appearing until level 180~ dungeons.

misread post, disregard, thought it said little girl instead of cat sister

I'm close to standard ones then, it's tempting but gene engineering fucking annoys me so I'm not sure I want to sort out another pet. I suppose I could replace the yrerles machine infantry. I've done a lot of work on him but he's pretty shit I guess.

Checked and no worries.

Any pet is fine since with custom because you can teach them abilities and routines. If you don't like their stats then you just stuff them full of gold and evo' them. The only real function for them beyond aesthetics and starting functionality, plus ranged AI, is how much time you want to put in them. Since speed is king, you'll probably stuff them full of speed uppers, herb'd shared meals, and large picnic baskets to get their speed leveling up steadily, until you start using AP for that or something. Go nuts.

I just upgraded from version 1.47 to 1.71 after noticing that inferior material scrolls didn't follow the set order.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I'll start working on her then although herbs are kinda in short supply for me right now. Been using speed uppers on myself so I guess I'll start using em on my pets.

Pot of fusion is great for all that. And yeah, since herbs are hard to come by it's worth getting kumiromi statue and their rejuvenation gem. One thing to keep in mind is that speed has an invisible potential that gets reset to 400 (superb) speed upper is drunk. When you level it with anything that isn't speed upper, its potential decreases, so you can't just herb or picnic forever.

I just updated my version and my top-left .. clock? has icons all around it. What does it mean? I can't even google it.

Fever mode. All the randomly-generated dungeons have more material spots and will spawn music tickets. I think it also respawns random dungeons when it's over but I'm not sure.

That's nefia fever, or fever mode. All items in dungeons are identified for you ahead of time, gold drops are replaced by extra gold and music tickets, and a shitload more gathering spots for the duration. On top of that, there's increased small medal drops at higher levels above 50. I believe it happens on the 15th or over of each month that's not an etherwind month, which are multiples of 3.

cool

If you go dungeon diving few times you should find it or just buy it in general goods shop.

Fever mode.
All dungeons have more material spots and there is higher chance to get monster hordes in dungeon.

If you can't get to a shelter or something when either wind hits and get stuck in your home are there some ways to pass the time that don't involve running 20 squares left and 20 squares right a million times?

yes, I read all I could read
yes, I mined the shit out of my walls
yes, I cooked what was in my freezer

Excercise machine.

Etherwind and bad weather in general is a shitty game mechanic that forces the player to stop playing for a while for no reason.

I just want to go back to the simple life of living in a cave in the woods with my little girl and getting destroyed by rats.

I probably wont restart this time though, but I will have to rethink what I was doing. It will be a sad day as I have to kick my qt fox brother off the team. He was just complete deadweight with that abysmal 30 life stat, I couldn't go anywhere without him being killed.

If you're willing to dump a lot of investment to keep him relevant, you can use blessed scrolls of superior material to eventually cycle the material of his equipment to Rubynus for the +3 life.
Blessed: dawn cloth-> spirit cloth-> dragon scale-> crystal-> titanium ->mithril-> adamantium-> emerald -> diamond -> rubynus->ether-> dawn cloth

What's the second page?

Jesus, outside of the SP needed, what is stopping you from spamming Violent Garden?

It was locked to essential oil before, guess its not anymore.

Agomageddon requires oil.

Can I ask my pet to fight more often in range combat instead of running up to melee?

Sure. Any pet can use these Custom AI programs:

"Only use melee on adjacent enemies":
Target Distance = 1: Attack (Melee)Target Distance < 6: Attack (Ranged)Target Distance > 1: Move (Forward)
"Keep out of melee and stick to ranged attacks":
Target Distance = 1: Move (Away)Target Distance < 6: Attack (Ranged)Target Distance > 1: Move (Forward)

sorry, but how do access this feature?

You'll need to Interact with your pet and then go into the menu added by Elona Custom. Here are the full instructions:

Thanks..I used to date a girl I called Anna Banana..because she liked my banana..

No, you didn't.

Running version 1.71, I don't seem to have a "Let's talk about tactics." option and (b) does nothing.

After around a week or so of grinding, here's the progress on Dorfarm.

Originally this guy was a farmer, until I realized how OP magic was so I turned him into a Warmage with a business card.

Time to get back to farming, fella.

Here's other random shit about him.

please halp

Those Necro Dancers are really good at Party Time! jobs btw.

literally didn't realize this wasn't a part of Elona+ but another, another download.
ffuck

pet does fucking zip now lol

I agree but it's so ingrained into the game that it's hard to imagine elona without it

I guess this doesn't work time passes normally in a portable shelter. fuckkkkkkkkkkk

Why do that when being in your house protects you from Etherwind and gives you infinite reading charges? It's the perfect time to train skills you don't have many opportunities to level.

Reposting from the dragon autism thread, in case anyone is interested in this challenge:
>romance options include capturing a fire dragon child and evolving it into an adult or playing as a girl dragon and marrying a human warrior, taking care not to trample him or burn him to a crisp

Status immunities. There was also an adamantium knight helm with some nice mods which was out of my price range too. This was on a rank 91 travelling vendor and my character is level 15, so even attempting to fight for them was pointless.

You'd need to give yourself a back slot (or the wings ether symptom) since dragons don't have them and that would leave you grounded.

Time only passes quickly in the shelter if etherwind is happening. This is what I do since I'm usually closer to my house during etherwind

Oh yeah, here's his estate too.

I kept him around. I've got him using rubynus when it's convenient, forcefeeding him horsemeat and switched to medium armor for constitution gains. He's managed to get a small boost of HP on top of levels I think. Now if he could just stop annihilating everything before me or my defender can do anything.

I'm almost kind of glad teaching spells takes an eternity, otherwise this 30 life fox brother would be irredeemable. Instead he has some really good spells to use in custom ai. It's starting to make me think maybe having more than just him in the party is too overpowered. But the custom AI is too fun, so I had to keep my defender as well.

I put a lot of investment into my fox bro because he's my wife (male). If you use a magic heart he gets +30 life points, which is definitely one of the best evolutions you can get out of the item. The easiest magic heart to get is from the chaos fort west of the tower of fire. At level 60 or so you can beat the boss pretty easily in a couple turns, but at a lower level you and any pets you bring would need high ice, dark, and magic resist.

>suddenly

Well fuck you too game.

*ghost

Good to know, I thought I would have to be level ~80 to match that boss level or something. I've been wanting that magic heart for so long. And screw getting shortchanged on life for that other evolution.

Oh yeah, apparently this game has a main quest.

Progress on Dorfarm so far.

how the fuck do I cheer?
I picked it as a feat and it supposedly in the 'a' list but it's not.

It's in the wide skills section because it's an AoE

thx

someone make a new thread

It's too early for that.
Wait to page 13.
Otherwise it will be locked by vol/BO.

So what do I do with this thing?

Also I switched to the jew god.

You can use that to rapidly train medi and hp regen because you'll have greater values to work with. If it takes longer to regen mana and hp they'll tick training a bunch. Theiretically you could wear that, harakiri in the overworld and get a fuckload of health regen xp.

Or perhaps hurt myself severely with magic kickback, so I can train both.

You get the idea, yeah.

Is spending AP on speed wise?

Anyone else feel a little overextended, I have everything that needs raising. My spells have barely been touched along with performing. The jobs never seem to give enough plat and when I level a skill once or twice it kills my potential.
I feel like I'm chasing my tail and getting nowhere.

Well unless you havent had gained all the skills yet you shouldnt really bother with raising potentials. If you got them all just do farmer missions and pump plat into training wholesale.

Thanks, I have nearly all the skills missing a couple from the guilds. I'll stick with farming missions but there never seems to be enough to feed my skills.

is there a way to do this that doesn't involve going to a trainer and manually upping every fucking skill individually?

Blessed scrolls of growth.

Protip: Never ever do Panic/Challenge quests with high level summoners. They will rape you hard with their summons, which scale with their level.

i just made a shop what items i should sell?

If you don't have a means to produce much yourself, make your shop into a blacksmith's and sell any gear you pick up in dungeons.

so the kind of shop change the items i can sell? what shop you can sell rods

Magic shop if you want to sell rods.

But if you want to sell anything that isn't nailed to the floor (that isn't furniture, since you can't sell that), just keep it as a goods shop only, since you can sell anything in that, just w/o the slight multiplier.

Literally what the fuck am I doing. I can't get my stat potentials up. I only eat expensive food, I've tried literally the whole range of foods from the wiki and it does nothing. Most importantly my FUCKING CHARISMA is at 13 WITH a +6 Charisma Feat. This is after eating a shit-ton of engagement rings, after skilling up performance to 10, and negotiation up to 25 wth.

Food doesn't train give potential, but rather TRAINS the attribute.

If you want potential, you're going to need herbs, getting lucky through sleep/drinking fountains, or potions of potential (invest at least 100 in the magic shop for a chance for them).

Teach your loli cooking and sleep around 9pm her food will train potential and the sooner you start the better as it takes her time to train it up.

how do I do that?

And I HIGHLY recommend trying to get access to potions of potential as soon as you can, preferably through 45 alchemy. As well as a way to obtain bottles of water, whether it'd be buying from the dorf or making them yourself through distillation, but that requires magic device.

You need to go the port kapul, find the scientist guy who is usually on the pier in the bottom left. He'll give you some pokballs to catch enemies with, take "knockout" when you can for one of your feats you get every 5th level. Go to the easiest dungeon, leave your pet back at town. Remove your weapon and hotkey or just use the knockout skill. May take a few times at first but once the mob is knock out, throw the ball onto the mobs square to catch him. If it doesn't work throw another or kill him then try a weaker mob, remember to pick up any balls you threw that didn't work though.
When you have all 5 balls filled take em back to science guy, he'll give you a gene machine. Then you can buy a nurse I think it is from derphy slave market and use the machine to splice that skill onto your pet.

Oh and put the gene machine safely in your house, don't lose it or drop it on a map that can reset.

Oh and if you don't have knockout you can just hit enemies with your sword, until about 5% health then try to catch them but it's annoyingly easy to kill them but it is doable.

the fuck, I've actually lost a point of charisma. I did not see when it happened. – I have seen it in game play once when I died and once when I failed a performance, but that isn't what happened so what else can cause charisma losses? Currently it's fucking my game -.-.

That's the beauty of elona. The start is figuring out how to do anything, then it's figuring out how to not die, then it's figuring out how to increase potentials, then it's figuring out how to do that reliably forever via farming or something else, and then it's grinding and hunting hard monsters to steal AP from their bones, then it's hunting supermobs for even better shit, living weapons, godly artifacts and it just goes on. And if all of everything is dead, which is an incredible, probably several hundred hour feat, there is the void and act 3.

Once you can reliably keep your potential up with potions, charisma becomes the easiest attribute to level up by investing 50 in stores. Don't worry too much about it.

Just be sure you have at least 300% potential in investing when you invest by 50.

I just had a random (mage?) trainer show up at my house who could train wil/mag/chr so I jumped on charisma like a fly on shit. The last time the mage trainer showed up he/her didn't have chr.. and the wiki says it doesn't so IDK. Still quite happy.

Opened a museum today and dumped all my cards and statues that I've been hording since level 1 actually seem to be turning a profit.

Does anyone know when you get a house outside of the beginner cave how your house rank is figured? Do you get paid for both or just 1?

When you put down your new home it will remove your cave, but it will transfer your items inside it, including all the useless cave junk.

I'm also wondering about homes though, you can't teleport to your north tyris home while in south tyris, so can you get separate homes in each map? I've got my whole jew complex set up next to Palmia so I don't want to remove my house there.
Also maybe it's just because I've invested so much and become so accustomed to north tyris but, does anyone else like it up there much more than in south tyris? South tyris has some cool layouts like the port city but it feels so far from comfy with the huge maps with endless merchants I don't care about since they're all back to rank 10. The rain festival has nothing on the turbo-comfy festival of jure

Fuck titans, smash ogres, and steel minotaurs, and their stupidly lethal ground smash attack, seriously.

Also here's my strongest pet (who I might or might've not used blessed forbidden meat on).

She's quite a killing machine.

Also your pet can get super strong since it's so fucking easy to train them, perhaps too strong, to where you'll need to have them wait in town until YOU actually catch up with them.

Also she has nearly like 2x my HP with that massive life she has.

You should eat herb food with them and speed uppers until they're at buffed 200 or something, the faster they are the more attacks they can make, and doing it now means it'll be easier to do it later after you fill them full of APspeed.

Was this suppose to be hard?

Also, evolved torch again.

And again…

Also he owned the cat bitch too, barely.

*she

Just look at it boys, it's beautiful.

Good job. Now to spend it all in one place training a pet or investing in a magic shop.

No no, not the money. The glorious comma as a separator instead of just 161773. However thank you user, I did invest it all in a magic shop.

I hope you have the investor skill when you did it. Because you are wasting tons of gold if not.

I do thank you but I do wonder if having investment bonus gear on has any effect on the gains made in the skill.

It does. The lower your skill, the less you have to spend to increase, even though you get cheaper items the higher it is.

Thanks, so err don't wear my bonus gear while getting my skill up it is then.

wat

Was your stomach full? Drinking while bloated makes you vomit.

I never knew that and have dumped a shit load of gold into shops. THen I took investment on a whim when training stats and the difference was huge, I felt like such an idiot.

This has to be someone's fetish out there…

nah my fetish was grinding faction until I could marry all 3 at once.