Just beat FF10, it's not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be...

just beat FF10, it's not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. The presentation in the story is a little sloppy but it had a lot of firsts for Square at the time. Still, pretty good game, some really solid combat scenarios, Auron is the best character in the game. I can't wait to play the prequel that's about Auron, Jecht and Braska's pilgrimage across Spira.

What were your experiences with FF10? Remember it fondly or hate it? Get gud at the sphere grid or stumble through with it? I think Seymour ended up being a joke in the end. The game feels pretty sloppy with how it handled some characters story arcs but whatever. Far from the best FF but still a decent game.

Pure linear melodramatic dogshit that set the stage for tripe like XIII.
Nigger shut up.
The last automatically makes it shit. If a hack like Kojima gives me the courtesy to skip cutscenes, then Square should've had that in FFX.

Haven't played it yet, but I remember the threads about this being fun when it happened.

what were you thinking walking in to it? It's not gonna be open like Valkyrie Profile. It's not gonna be as well acted as Panzer Dragoon Saga, lip syncing was barely a thing and it was their first major game with this much voice acting, and of course it's gonna have unskippable cutscenes. Like do you get pissed off that a grocery store doesn't have hardware? What were you expecting?

incredible, also there's better JRPGs out there so this is more a discussion if you played FF10 already. Thanks for your contribution either way.

not a very bright guy imo

Also the music was great and I loved how the hymn of the fayth was used to calm Sin. The little screen time Jecht got was fantastic.

One of X's story's biggest problems is that the whole time you wish you were playing Auron Jecht and Braska's adventure instead.

Yuna and Tidus stay together in the novella, it is the audio drama that takes place after it that they break up Yuna sees Tidus talking to a girl, gets jealous, and breaks up with him.Tidus still goes with Yuna on a new journey to kill Sin though

Just about, Braska's party seemed so much cooler. It would be great if they made another FF10 game where you had a party of 3 locked members but they had a wide set of options available for skills and they were Jecht, Braska and Auron. Young Auron seems like a great character, one who is all business but slowly gets a little cynical and aloof, learns to have fun but has a strong sense of awareness about what's going on after time. What a shame there will never be an FF10 game again.

yeah its pretty decent

If someone makes food out of shit, you can still criticize it for being shit even if you knew it beforehand. Saying that you can't is just fucking stupid.

Have you ever heard of things like replaying games?

Still doesn't make sense, if you aren't replaying for the story then what are you replaying a story based game for?

why would you do that? This is the first time I've played the game in 15 years, and because it's been so long, I barely remembered any of it. It made the whole thing feel pretty fresh.

Unless you really got into the sphere grid and wanted to try the expert grid out or got really anal about 100%ing the al bhed dictionary, I don't see why anyone would replay this where the unskippable cutscenes would upset them.

It was a good/decent game, but it's the only game I've ever played where my progress got hardlocked and had to restart the game, and it wasn't even a fucking bug. And the was the second time I had to restart the game from the beginning, so I don't have very fond memories.

What exactly happened there?

Have you fags never once played any sort of story-heavy game with good gameplay? Even if this shit doesn't have it, unskippable cutscenes is objectively bad and the option to skip should have been an industry standard for decades (and largely is). More so if the game has cutscenes before battles and gimmick bosses such as "you get an instant game over if you don't let your party members keep the negative status ailment".

I have a better question: Anybody know any good FF romhacks?

Would have sold my soul for this instead of the FFX-2 "GURL POWAH" tripe we got.

But user, that was the best part of FFX-2.

When you fight the flying boss on top of Cid's ship, I was only using one save file, and saved after the boss fight trigger had begun. At that point, you're stuck on the ship, can't go anywhere else, but there's also no random monsters that spawn on the ship anymore. I wasn't high enough level to kill the boss, and couldn't farm, so I had to start from the beginning.

FF10 is legitimately one of the best FF. Top 3. I haven't played it in nearly a decade and now I'm getting a bit nostalgic.

What the fuck is the "expert" sphere grid that I've seen mentioned every so often? Is this something they added in a new updated version or something? I only played the original PS2 one, way back when, and I don't remember any "expert" or "normal" grid bullshittery.

Yeah, the expert sphere grid is something from the rereleases. It's the only way to make Kimahri useful.

Might be cool. Did they revamp the whole thing for a wildly different experience, or is it something more akin to reshuffling nodes for tweaked balance?

More of column B than column A.

Now I want to read the book.

lulu's tits

I tried out the game for about an hour or two and it was boring and linear, and i fucking hate linear FF games. Nice music though. Does it open up later on or something?

lulu's belts

I had to look that up because I couldn't believe a design so stupid was real.

Why? Squaresoft doesn't exist any more. None of the original creators will be making it. It will literally be fan fiction.

The expert sphere grid is honestly the best part of the relreleases, no one is fucking gridlocked and you can essentially choose each character's class from the start. You can really, REALLY fuck the game's balance hard and make it hard for yourself if you don't know who's who though. Having Tidus with just the additions of Steal and Use while moving back on his path early game makes most of the game into a fucking hilarious joke since you essentially never run out of potions and attack items.

beautiful music throughout

Almost nobody considered it bad when it originally came out, so a lot of the shit talk is from people who picked it up a decade or so after it originally released. A lot of the things it did that were groundbreaking at the time are now much more commonplace and a lot more refined.

I really liked how it allowed for some cool power game options that made it far more repayable. I picked up the remaster just for the nostalgia trip but it turned out more engaging than I thought it would be. I felt the remastered soundtrack was pretty dodgy though, but at least they had the foresight to make it toggleable.

I think the combat in 10 is a improvement over the systems in 9. Being able to see who and when can move and how your attacks affect that turn order is better than the old ATB system. Also, the sphere grid is way better than the stupid skill learning in 9, especially after they added the expert grid.
Music is good too.

The old games, like 4, had lots of stupid over-the-top bullshit and plot twists.

How is this a problem if the main focus of the game is the story? The main character even reminds you to focus on the it being a story by saying: "This is my story" a couple of hundred times.

Man you are a dummy.

Reminder that linear != bad and open world/non-linear != good.

>avoid them as much as possible by using save states
I'm tolerant to all kinds of bull shit that a game might have to squeeze what enjoyment and fun I can out of it, but when it becomes boring and uninteresting is when I give up.

Nigger, you can't be serious.
I love Valkyrie Profile 1, but even I get annoyed when I have to rewatch the same cutscenes for the fiftieth time whenever I decide to replay it.
It's complete nonsense that I have to sit through each and every one when maybe I only want to watch a specific few and just play the damn game.

I let it slide because it's a PS1 game and because I enjoy it, but that's about it.
No game should have unskippable cutscenes.

Rikku is cute, cute!
FFX was okay, at least it doesn't take 10 years for a battle to take place like FFIX

FTFY

Go play angry birds or something.

I've never seen so much cancer in one post
Sort yourself out

I really liked it. It's the game that got me into JRPGs when I was a kid, and so it's one of my favorite RPGs.

You finish a game once and then never play it again?
Is this bait?

Wait who makes it out to be bad? People complain about how its one big road but other than that its a great game.

Maybe again in nearly a decade depending on what kinda game it is. I'll replay 30 minute arcade games constantly but not 50 hour rpgs. That's just stupid as shit and a waste of time.

I don't even mind that its a linear game, the story is focused around that pilgrimage and it works with the pacing.

Subjectively objective

Holy shit who let >>>/neofag/ in?
Too bad FFX's story is shit and badly presented. Go play your walking sims if you love "story" so much.
Other user's have already said it, but you niggers clearly don't understand replay value. Especially considering you think FFX is good, why not try and justify why others should replay it in spite of the shitty cutscenes.
Games are not movies. Games should never make you put the controller down for an extended period of time with no way to get back in the game.

Your tears just make my penis harder

I remember jerking off to her as a kid. Good times.

If a game can only stand based on the merits of its story it's a bad game.
Game stories are by far and away the worst across all mediums. An exceptional game story is a mediocre film story and a bad novel story.
If all you care about is the pathetic, badly written, badly acted, badly presented story, then why not just read a fucking book or watch a movie?

How old are you niggers? Underage b&

HOLY SHIT
thats over 15 years ago

I was 13 when I first played it. I'm almost 30

I was 11 when I first played it I think, I'm happy I played it again.

17 actually. Kids born in 2000 will be old enough to post here this year.

I wish that this was a thing.

fuck blitzball.

I remember running into a wall with some boss back then, probably should revisit and see if I'm less dumb now.

was a FF fans sense the first NES game. Played X back in 2001 when it first came out, dropped it when I got to Sin for being dogshit. Never ever intended on replaying it.

you are not missing anything of value. If you are looking for a better PS2 RPG Play FF X-2 instead.

Nope, you'll get a VR fishing game and like it.

WTF are you talking about?

this is an objectively true statement

The best way I can describe it is that, int the same way that FF12 grows on you the longer you play it and through successive playthroughs, FF10 grows off of you.

Mechanically maybe. But otherwise I disagree with you.

TLR is pretty much a Saga game in all but name, not an FF game.

Fuck you.

So you agree with me
then you are objectively wrong and incoherent!

You're an idiot.

People who actually like X-2 are usually retarded.

Casual detected

Kill yourself scrub

Blitzball a shit.
A SHIT.

Go home kid your drunk.

I think its wishful thinking on the OPs side but FFX-3 is on its way eventully. Heres bits of interviews (google it) with the FF devs. Its more likely to be more Tidus and Yuna stuff.

"Hashimoto says Final Fantasy X/X-2’s HD Remaster sold well thanks to all the fans. As far as Final Fantasy X-3 goes, he acknowledges that fans have expectations after having been presented a bit of its plot in the audio drama. However, he says that there’s currently facing a wall that cannot be climbed—with director/character designer Tetsuya Nomura and producer/director Yoshinori Kitase both being occupied, they’re unable to work on Final Fantasy VII Remake, Kingdom Hearts III, and Final Fantasy X-3 all at the same time. Square Enix is focusing more on titles that have been announced for now, so he asks fans to wait a little longer for anything on Final Fantasy X-3.

Hashimoto adds that he was reminded just how popular Yuna and Tidus are after seeing plenty of cosplayers at Lucca Comics & Games 2016, and their drama is something that he and the staff would like to continue to cherish."