Largest battle in the history of VG is about to happend

Where you at?

EvE online is about (in 2300 GMT+1) (or in about an hour after the thread is made) will see the largest battle in the history of EvE happend with
OVER 1.000.000 $ worth of assets

archive.is/UcJaL
there is also an exhaustive reddit post wall of text. Key word: after_15_years_eve_online_is_having_its_first/

if you want to folows news coverage about it
evenews24.com/2018/01/23/live-blog-moab-the-mother-of-all-battles-or-blue-balls/

else check twitch.

sorry i suck at making thread with great detailed OP

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-01-23-irdeto-acquires-denuvo-in-bid-to-beef-up-security-in-the-games-industry
eve.klaki.net/heist/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodbath_of_B-R5RB
twitter.com/nordgren?lang=en
zkillboard.com/system/30004059/
br.inyour.space/?s=4059&b=7922700&e=311&t=rvvqaqvuuffvvfuvfvvvvvrvvvvvvuvvvvvvvurvqvvvvvvb&ro=301.23333333333335
archive.is/KN4YO
evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Snuffed_Out
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I get that whales have sunk cost, but you'd still have to be really fucking dumb to continue playing a game that actively hates everything about their players. Except their money.

N-no thanks.Back to Mabinogi.

In other news:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-01-23-irdeto-acquires-denuvo-in-bid-to-beef-up-security-in-the-games-industry

I hope goons lose lots of 10bux bills tbh
I don't get what this EVE autism to be fair

Will this create salt and butthurt? That's what I'm most interested in.

same

What is it with this game that attracts such hyper, gigga-nigger tier super autists

. . . what kind of plebeian thought process is this?

there is already a thread about it in page one so …

nope were not playing that game anymore

They must have some terrible fucking OPSEC if everybody knows when the battle is going to happen

It's happening. Apparently, there are about 6000 people fighting right now.

they (we) know when because that's when the Structure they are trying to defend will be vulnerable ot attack, and it only have it structure left due to 2 previous assault.

TL;DR of the setup:

You'll have to help me out here because I have only a basic understanding of how EVE plays. Is there nothing else to attack besides this structure? Wouldn't it have been smarter for the goons to trick the PanFam guys into stacking their entire fleet to defend the Keepstar, feinting a small diversion fleet into the Keepstar system and then wrecking all their other shit?
Is this the only chance the goons have to attack the Keepstar? What would have happened if they didn't?

Here's a stream from a neutral observer.

The stories that arise from these events are always a riot, filled with drama, monetary loss, and massive buttmad, but good god is it actually intensely boring when it's happening. This game is just not fun to watch or play.

I agree. I will open again this tread tomorrow to see all the funny stories.

This better not be disappointing, nigger.

If this game was anything other than a spreadsheet simulator in space I would have started playing a long time ago. The stories run from hilarious (the various bank scams over the years) to amazing (the Guiding Hand Social Club incident). Unfortunately the barrier for entry in terms of autism and patience required is too high.

100% agreed. I don't want flight sim level of complexity in my spare time mindless hobby. or else I'll play a goddamned flight sim

The issue with EvE is that it LACKS complexity. Do you know what you do in these big fights? You quite simply right click your anchor, orbit or follow at whatever distance he tells you to set it, and then ctrl+click whatever red gets called out on the overview. Overheat your fucking guns when you get told to overheat your guns and that's that. Warping is done for you. Ship fitting is done for you. Literally everything is done for you by your superiors. EvE is a bugman simulator where you get to experience life as a chink. The majority of players don't play every day, they just log in when pinged and go off on their fleets.

The only time the game is 'complex' is during small-gang PvP which you can safely ignore because there's no rewards but fun for doing it.

Does the republic of space Texas still exist?

who do you think will win?

true, and sad

sure are a lot of red dots and blue dots
which dots should die?

So it has complexity of … life?

Damn, I've never played so I'll take your word on it, but holy shit does it give the wrong impression. I guess I fell for the Excel Space Simulator meme?
I just want crazy good dogfights in space without any jewy bullshit.

blue dots are goons
red dots are a bunch of randoms (and russians?)

can't say I give a fuck about either of those things
shit thread, but enjoy your shitshow if you care, anons

My understanding is that you spend 99% of your time grinding for skills or running mining operations in space, and the remaining 1% of the time is when anything interesting happens at all

How cheap would it be to kamikazi into goonshit?

What are you looking for ?
Piloting capitals/space-fighters ?
Realistic/Star-warsish ?

it seems like the goons are losing

I don't know anything about EVE online.

Explain, please. I'd like a good storytiem.

This one is my favorite: eve.klaki.net/heist/

I'm just waiting for X4 to come out, hopefully its better than Rebirth. From what I see it looks amazing.

Here's one for you:

It's Eve, everything leads to butthurt.

The word you're looking for is "Depth." Eve is complex as shit, but once you know the game, the actions to take have a "correct" choice.

To iterate on why Shadow Cartel had a titan in our system:
We had them blued up, at the time we were allied with them for the purpose of fighting the Goons. The backstab was a declaration of peace times being over.

"there is rule of engagement " to avoid abuse.
basically when you build a structure you have to set 21h/week were the structure is vulnerable to attack
Goon strike 2 time and thus they destroyed it shield and armor, now they have to strike it a final time to blow it up.
the rule were made so that you couldn t just conquer a region with hit and run tactic only. Defender must have a chance to defend. so goon have to make up a siegefor that region to drop.

regardless
This is a strategic position, that has already been hit.
even if you ignore everything above. Your idea of just attacking somewere else do not work. Even in real life they did not do it (ex: Verdun's siege) You have some key position that YOU HAVE to conquer to advance

this video show another example during another war on how war in EvE works (skip to 10m10s)

So, anything but a blank CD?

That's what I'm talking about.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring

thanks, that clears a lot of stuff up. I wasn't sure if this position was so important that it had to be taken before advancing, or if the goons could move on other targets.
I seem to recall the Germans tricked the Soviets into massing most of their armor at Moscow while they went on to capture other operational objectives during Barbarossa

goons are thinning, but keepstar is at 68%

Do you have more of this?

does either side have reserves or were the majority of forces committed immediately? is it feasible to call them in at this point?

Of what exactly? That's everything they have on any Eve battles. If you want the show, it's called "Checkpoint" by the loadingreadyrun guys, they do news specifically about video game goingons.

I'm not sure, but it think this all the forces they have, goons are losing bad now though

red's got titans coming in

If there was every an online conflict that had no good guys, this would be it.

Thread

nice screenshot user

keepstar is at 59%

Someone linked it in the twitch chat. Shows the Horde ships in the center firing at the goon ships.

Didn't this happen before and the goons got blown the fuck out?

Might have, all I know is that goons have been on the decline for the last few years. Maybe their cash cow for their bullshit will finally get taken away from them

this?

Station is repairing.

good

What's the keepstar?

How are there so many titian?

goons btfo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodbath_of_B-R5RB
There was that big fight a few years ago. I think Goonswarm was involved in that one, they ended up winning that. But the Northern Coalition are with the Horde on this one I think. Thing about Eve is the shifting allegiances.

Keepstar is the biggest space station available for purchase currently. Only the bigger sort of mega-corps can get them.

Cold war basically, titans and battleships are like nukes, the more you have, the more powerful you are.

And is it the goons keepstar or the uh, everyone elses?

The goons were attacking the Keepstar. Goons failed to damage it to prevent it from healing itself after 3 hours.

AFAIK, /ourgoys/ control the keepstar and the goons are trying to take over it.

the keepstar is safe, goons lost

Yeah, they were part of the Clusterfuck Coalition, which was allied with the Russian groups that were on the offensive

i don't care about the game but i'm curious what kind of repercussions this is going to have for the game. i don't think it's outside the realm of possibility to imagine that no matter who wins a lot of people would quit now that their actual money is gone when their ships get exploded or whatever, and no matter who wins it'll be a huge blow to the rest of space. what happens if they secure a monopoly?

isnt eve online like the most boring shit out there ?

There are no repercussions. You know why? Because both sides have trillions of ISK. They're going to go back to their little corners and start generating endless amounts of money from ratting and mining. There won't be any long-lasting effects. Both sides are going to rapidly rebuild after. That's the black pill. It's meaningless. Even if one side lost this engagement they still have billions more isk to throw away.

It entered it's period where it can't get attacked. So now Goons have to try and pull out without losing too many ships.

Structures in Eve have set periods where they can't be attacked as that stops the corp that put all that money into building it losing it when they wern't online.

A lot of the people speaking on Twitch are former players, as in they probably lost too much and just gave up.

I think you're discounting the amount of people that get drawn into (or back into) the game because of the amount of attention an event like this generates. Even CBC's On the Money is reporting on it.

How useful would interceptors be in such a battle? Why did CCP nerf them again?

Lmao

MLG players can at least take home even bigger prize pools. Look at League of Legends?

This thread makes EVE seem fun, has anyone here played before? Is it autistic enough to be fun or is it just complete shit?

No they fucking didn't. You can make fuckloads of money if you control a basic wormhole. Level 5 missions with carriers generate billions. It's not hard to make money in EvE.
"Real money is being lost!" No it fucking isn't you daft cunts. Virtual currency, that these groups have in spades, is being lost. 20$ only gets you a billion isk. You know how long it takes to make a billion isk? An hour or two in a wormhole with battleship ratting.

That's a shame. Can you imagine if they both full on committed and wiped each other out leaving few survivors? The galaxy would be free from the grip of both groups and new players could actually join the game on a slightly more even ground in it's not almost post-apocalyptic setting.

I'd ship it.

Its an autistic spreadsheet simulator overwhelmingly populated by goons.

Thats not even touching the p2w bullshit, how goons use it to launder money or trade cp

now we wait until they attack again, i heard Saturday was the next time?

How'd that not get in there?

Why do Plex cost so much money?

It is pretty much data entry the game, so when something like this happens it's kind of exciting.

Pic related.

Yeah, that's when the Keepstar comes out of invulnerable state.

this is what i'm picturing. i am intrigued by the idea of EVE because i'm autistic enough to enjoy Spreadsheets Online but the fact that the in-game galaxy is run by fuckheads of every type is what scares me off. as i understand it, as it stands now you either join and mine for goons, mine for slavs, or invest real money to get into combat where you're almost guaranteed to be jumped and gangbanged by bigger corps

MSM normies have no fucking idea how any of this works. They just like to hear that gamers destroyed $1 million worth of assets; they don't bother digging into what that actually means. The guys running the goon stream linked further up in chat just made the joke that "we're going to have to mine for 4, maybe 5 hours to make up for these losses." The interviewer has no idea, and doesn't care, that these ships were made just by spending time in-game.

It's pay to win in addition to being subscription based.

That puts me in the same boat as what's the actual gameplay loop like though?

Basically from what I know, you have to train certain skills in order to pilot the ships. It's a reason that players tend to join the corps, as they'll keep you safe, give you the resources to train and a place to dock your ship. You buy and sell shit, take missions and other stuff.
You are very much a cog in a machine if you join a corp.

It's worse than pay2win. It's pay to skip the wait. If you come in wanting to do logi you're looking at 2-3 months not doing anything BUT logistics.

Welcome to EvE.

You pretty much can't compete unless you join a corp though, right? You get eaten alive otherwise.

Pretty much, you can only go so far on your own. You can only generate enough money in a corp to buy a titan I think.

Titans are shit. Do you know what you do in a Titan? You put the skills on an alt. You are a jump bitch where you login when people need teleports. You sit there in your 100 billion ship and jerk off while people use you for teleports.
Titans are so shit that CCP can't figure out what the fuck to do with them. Right now they're just big dreads that can teleport people.

What would an EVE Isekai be like?

What's the point of playing an autism sim if you can't manually optimize everything?

Why don't you ask lead developer, andie nordgen? twitter.com/nordgren?lang=en

Does the Keepstar get it's shields and armor back or can they just keep whittling it away after a few weeks?

I cheer for Ruskies

I'm jealous.

If you want the high tier play you need to join a corp. Plenty of people know how to have fun without that though. There's a lot of smaller "pirate" corps that just like looting mining crews and other people caught in nullsec.

zkillboard.com/system/30004059/
So… there's a kill board here.

That… might be total kills actually. Heh. I can't read this chart.

br.inyour.space/?s=4059&b=7922700&e=311&t=rvvqaqvuuffvvfuvfvvvvvrvvvvvvuvvvvvvvurvqvvvvvvb&ro=301.23333333333335
Okay, actual link.

In short

Pretty sure they've already made the money back.

Pretty much, Horde fielded 2,500 ships against Goons 1,000. They aim was to destroy the Keepstar and but they failed.
They talked on the stream about deploying titans to take down the station would be stupid because the cost of losing a few titans to a Keepstar isn't worth it. But if they committed more, they might have won.

But yeah, this is a drop in the pool for them, most of their loses were Machariel class battleships, 83/148 fielded.

Good job CCP.

You know there are hundreds of other corps to join than just the biggest 6-7

Thats the experience you get joining a 1000+ allaince your just a insignificant cog in the leaderships wheel.

Join a ragtag bunch of guys in a corp of 5-30 people

Last time I heard about Eve, the goon's allies had turned against them and everybody in the game was kicking their shit in. What happened with that? Did the devs give them everything back again?

Right before I quit they nuked small gangs into oblivion. Carriers were overpowered and would just camp gates. Carriers being dropped on small gangs. The capital rework fucking killed small gang.

There are the small crops as well. Horde had a bunch of people who flew in to fight that were the only ship representing their corp.

Pretty much, they're allied with Test Alliance Please Ignore which is r/eve's corp. But if you take a look at the map here: it was a battle for control of the western arm of the systems. If Goons had succeeded, they would have been able to expand into the north west, which is a reason so Pandemic, NC and Darkness allied to stop them.

Goons lost 4 Nyx carriers out of 50 fielded. The time dilation was so bad on the stream, it would take 50 minutes for one carrier to load a squadron of aircraft, then another 50 to launch it.

Thats not the prize user

What the fuck is going on? Are the blue dots winning?

I hope so too.
MMOs are fucking shit and people who play them deserve to lose money.

Battle is over. Blue dots are Goon ships trying to warp out of the system.

Reading some of the backstory to this battle.

Good to know the Chinese are the same in every game.

Archived link to r/eve's infodump on this, it's pretty interesting the kind of politics that have taken place over the past few years since that 300k battle.
archive.is/KN4YO
Obviously the $1 mil promised destruction didn't happen but it was still pretty interesting.

This is what MMOs were meant to be.

i can't decide if this is godfather levels of cool or CWC levels of retarded

That one, that was sneaky.

Basic summary:
Right, this was the chart I wanted. The coalitions at play were Imperium vs PanFam but the actual crops in battle were mainly Goons vs Pandemic. The battle today happened at a place in the Cloud Ring in the north west.

He's probably a millionaire with nothing better.

Wrong image.

*lose.

Whats with all the unclaimed territory?

I'm guessing it's a neutral sort of area, where newbies and the like can stay safe.

>tumblrinas implying they play video games

I would love nothing more than to see a massive free-for-all where every one of these groups cannibalizes each other to the point where they all collectively commit suicide in real life.

The big black blob in the middle is lowsec/hisec, AKA empire space, which can't be claimed by players.

Thing about EVE is that it's like a real life cold war, you only gain power through strength of arms. If you want your corp to survive to the future, you have to be a coward. Hence why no titans were fielded today and most of the casualties were battlships.

I dunno man I like jerking off

Given the issues that arise serverside with higher player counts, doesn't this mean that the side with the most ships will usually win? Judging from what we saw today I think it's safe to assume that battles have a soft cap of around 6000 to 6200 people. To me that seems to imply that the superior tactic would be to flood the node with as many ships as possible to force network issues and delay the assault until the timer's up.

The first time I read this story, it made me want to play EVE. Then I found out what the gameplay was actually like. It's way too autistic for me. Unfortunately there's no game that I know of in which I could attempt a heist like that.

Given the issues with the time dilation and server performance, I assume that titans are more bark than bite when it comes to actually fielding them

They talked on the stream that if CCP were to issue a cap on players in a node to combat time dilation, they would just flood a zone with players so the enemy couldn't join. But at 6k it really was laggy, so that probably will be a cap in some way.

Minecraft at higher levels is like this type of cold war style of fighting. Just it's very rare for factions not to do retarded shit so typically it's just one super faction rules everyone else because everyone else can't stop being lazy stupid shits and dying 1 by 1 rather than teaming up and taking out the super faction before their defenses get too good, too many god apples, too much diamond armor and structures to support them so they can focus on fucking with people rather than doing any boring task like mining.

I think the key thing that enables this style of cold war fighting is instead of magic or abilities it all comes down to stockpiles. Most games lack the ability to just spam assets at an enemy to death so they lack a strategic element in that you can always become stronger by simply acquiring more money. That's when you start to enter a more realistic version of war where it comes down to more subversive actions to weaken the enemy before a fight and out manuever a stronger enemy and deny fighting him to keep your assets protected.

I've only played a few games that had this sort of fighting and it was all far more intense than the games where you can quickly recover and reach max strength in a short time. There is actual risk involved with fighting so everyone is always worried about an actual war because there is a chance you could lose everything in a single battle and put yourself in a position where others will take advantage of your weakness.

Fun fact: EVE Online bases this "largest battle ever" shit on made up prices and virtualbucks, these battles involve significantly less users than many other MOMs.

What games have more than 6000 players in a single battle?

Yeah, the issue here seems to be that even without a hard cap there's a de facto playercap caused by hardware limitations. Maybe now that they've sort of figured out what that is, each side will try to show up with 4 or 6k ships.

Genuinely curious - what's an example of an MMO with a larger battle than this?

I'm surprised nobody has done that before. If attack timers count in real time even in massive slowdown, why not just multibox eight thousand ships into a system whenever it's vulnerable to make stations unkillable?

evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Snuffed_Out
They don't look very dead to me. They still own 6 systems and have 4 outposts.
Hell they were active in the fight that took place earlier.

Now that was a beautiful read. Thank you for sharing this history.

I quit playing eve once they ruined my gameplay loop

If anyone can do anything to burn goons' money, do it.
Otherwise, nothing of interest.

(check'd)
I've also heard stories of players physically disabling electricity or internet connectivity to rival player's houses, but I have nothing concrete to back that up

The some players in Russia were fighting other Russian players when their power went out at a very critical time. I'm willing to believe it specifically because it happened in Russia.

yes that does lend a lot of credence to the story

Who gives a fuck honestly? EVE is lame as fuck.

Don't care tbh. EvE is a fucking scam

Less than Star Citizsn still

I wish there'd be some Shekel Yiddizen news again. I wonder what they're going to sell next. Air for life support?

Are you sure this isn't some faggot trying to meme a battle to shill their book again?

and nulli secunda is to this day: 404.

never fly what you can t afford to lose.
this also apply to corp and alliance fleet.
UNLESS it is a last stand (like TEST had to do during fountain war) you never pour all your asset into ONE battle.

this post is as retarded as:
how to play any FPS:
Welcome to FPS

Small nitpick but it's "cry foul."

Hey who is that Goon faggot that convinced Wheels to use his private email servers as the "official" Holla Forums email? The one who accidentally emailed his EVE online money laundering organization shit to users of his waifu.club email? The one who was so sad it had to happen turning over the email servers containing 8ch user data?

what was his name?

Welcome to video games.

Didn't this already happen a couple years ago

cock.li

user asked for the owner's name, not the site.

To this day I don't know what goon means. These are my theories:

1) Any EVE player
2) A loser that abuses their online power
3) Exploitable fools who do not see the futility of their digital rat race

Please confirm/deny.

Vincent Canfield

nice meme

Users from SomethingAwful.

it is a sincere question…

Technically all true, but still wrong and you're retarded.

The only thing I hate about them being called goons is that I liked calling people a goon before they coined it. What's a good replacement?

Then you're sincerely new.

you dont know me boyo

Shut the fuck up faggot. I'm not. You quite literally right click a button that says 'stay at distance'. Targeting an enemy is, and I am not exaggerating here, ctrl+clicking their name and pressing F1. I know this because I have three thousand hours played. I know what i'm talking about faggot.

Here are my screenshots of back when I was in Snuffed Out.

Seriously nigger?

You disagree?

Anywhere else, because EVE is pure cancer.

If you don't know what a goon is you're new. End of story.

But do you know me?

Quit making retarded deflections. If you don't know what Goon means despite the historical coining of the term then then yes, you're absolutely new.

Is there a really simple streamlined doc out there that describes the situation in the EVE community in a linear method? I hear their making documentaries on some of this shit.

Perkele!

I thought the goons were destroyed after the last massive war when their shit was pushed in by the other coalition? Also, why would anyone team with goonswarm when it got out they use their allies as cannon fodder?

Ok fine, no deflections. Came here during the GG exodus. Was in halfchan for years. Don't know why you care so much to call me new, don't know how I'd expect you to believe me since your insistence tells me you won't change your mind. kiss kiss

The term "goon" has been around since the early days because SA was originally """friendly""" with 4chan. The term has been very well known and the fact that you don't know this shit is why I'm calling you a newfag. Even if you were a refugee from the first instance of 8chancs birth you should know this shit. There's been several threads explaining what a goon means in most contexts on this site. If you were smart you could just look this shit up instead of outing yourself, which is why you're not very welcome. The fact that I have to spoonfeed your ass at all is why I'm bringing this up. There's a reason people tell faggots like you to lurk more.

Mirin those digits pretty hard man. Stop feeding retards though.

I wish I could. People who use the term "chans" and shit are starting to overpopulate those who know the correct terms and jargon. Sometimes I have to wonder if we're not overpopulated by them.

Regardless of your complaints, I still love you.

Fuck off you fucking brainlet.

Stop feeding the newfags. When you do they don't go away.

Embrace God.

I don't see your ass telling him to fuck off.

A meaningful H OVA wherein a girl services botter dicks all day, it's really hot too

This is why I never played this game. The skill system is fucking retarded.

By your stupid equivocation Excel is the same as DOOM because you make stuff happen with buttons.

i suggest you read the previous post. i am just saying that stripping a game and reducing it into what you have to do what keys you have to press to make stuff happend is retarded. Doing so would indeed make any game be like playing with excel.

I just got here and I can already tell your a faggot.

mabi is the only mmo that can keep my attention these days