Wurm Unlimited

Continue arguing about when/where/how/what the next iteration of brotismville will be.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133610-map-generator-28/&page=1
g2a.com/wurm-unlimited-steam-key-global-i10000006651002
drive.google.com/file/d/1YOo4Dkr_ZMjVBaM932EymBUdLuCUjUxf/view?usp=sharing
pastebin.com/nhd959G3
github.com/BuddaT/WGenerator/releases
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Titles
archive.fo/hnZjd
poal.me/orsx28
archive.org/details/B-001-014-459
trustpilot.com/review/g2a.com
trustpilot.com/review/g2a.com?languages=en&stars=1
maps-for-free.com/
tangrams.github.io/heightmapper
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

just let it die

SERVER NOW

had one job

wouldn't be a real wurm thread without you

ITT: We discuss content addition and issue fixes for the new serb

Points of further discussion:
>A proper map is needed including clay

Other links and files:
Map generation:
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133610-map-generator-28/&page=1
If map generation freezes or takes too long try running the program from the console and giving Java more memory. Java version 8 64-bit is required.
Buyfags:
g2a.com/wurm-unlimited-steam-key-global-i10000006651002
Serverfiles and client:
drive.google.com/file/d/1YOo4Dkr_ZMjVBaM932EymBUdLuCUjUxf/view?usp=sharing
MODLIST: pastebin.com/nhd959G3

how about no.
that's what killed the last server.

Last thread had talk of modding the curve, but who knows if it's even possible.

Got rid of the six month wait? Thank fuck, the withdrawals are too strong for that kind of wait.

do you ever think mark will get off his cakes and ban this aaspie so we can be free of him in every recurring general?

You can make my 'let it die' thing a meme all you want, but it keeps falling apart for a fucking reasons you cancerous faggots. Fuck off and go to cuckchan.

nah man, he's good luck

WAIT 6 MORE MONTHS
1X skill gain, 4X action timer
PVP

I'd play with a 100x action speed.

I still say 6 more months for more people since classes would be done with but we'll leave that for another day like tomorrow :^)

What we need to find out is just how much a serb can hold player wise, and how stressed it starts to get.

fuck you faggot you hate fun ill take your goddamn bait and eat it, fuck you.

Who cares if it dies after a few months, its a good time sink while it lasts and theres always good memories to be made.

I just want to be chefexcellence again and this time really try to grind cooking out.
If the village can supply me with enough garlic and animal parts I can make enough kielbasa to feed the universe. I also want to make a really nice restaurant. Last time in broregon I had a patio on the shoreline with a tent and table+chairs as a dining area. shit was comfy as fuck.

I agree with you, but maybe 2x skill - 1x is WO tier and that's overkill.
EPIC is definitely a no no

The serb could survive if we just revived the original brosmouth, in a serb with normies that we can bully.

Brosmouth was a wild ride, don't think it'd be the same without the great undoing and sailing to the end of the world. It had about the right mix of a playerbase though.

This would be the BEST option, if anons would goy the game. No pressure.
Though it would have to be a wiped server, with a old, trusty Norman playerbase who would stay after the wipe.

why would it have to be wiped?

Fresh map is better than a sloppy second. You wouldn't want used goods, do you?

I mean of course, but normans ain't sticking around if their 'tism prison is destroyed

A hostfag with some "decent" Java coding experience is probably priority. Also a map to build the actual server off of. While the host mods and fixes the skills/gains and recruits badmins we can start rallying the troops and challenge our halfchan rivals.
Meanwhile as the villages are getting started badmins could be organizing special events for competition between the two. Or challenges that include everyone in a village to work together to complete before the other village does. Might not work as smoothly as that but it's an idea.

As for gains anywhere from 1x/1x to 2x/2x is fine with me, so long as the drops are vanilla. Also epic is for the weak :^)

pics related sorry for the thumbnail capture, somebody post originals or something generally similar are something I can get behind. It's just about the perfect balance of land and water with maybe one or two large or a handful of small islands missing. Snow mountains, at least one volcano, general aesthetics would be nice.
I don't know about skill loss, but looting a corpse should be 100% allowed. What's the point of murdering someone if you can't take their shit?
Aside from oil in deserts, what else is there?
Brohan partially died because the admin, great as he was, didn't know how to fix the server over one retarded bug. Buying the game, for $1US, and having an official server seems like a smarter and a safer option. What is it to host a month, $10US? Surely there's someone who could manage that.
Are there any mods to FIX SUNHATS or do something with the music so it's not the same three songs and one half song playing over and over again?

Also,while everyone becoming a buyfag,would for the sake of stability be optimal,it will also cut down almost totally on newblood,with some old aswell.
I doubt newfags will buy wurm even if its just 1$,simply because wurm,at face value seems like a game with really good concept,but piss poor execution with tedious and frustrating gameplay,like so many others would be great games.
Of course those who have played know better,i don't think i've seen 1 user who's said:
>I really wanted to enjoy wurm and to have as much fun with you fags as you seem to have,but i just can't get beyond (insert numerous flaws that wurm has here).If there has i haven't seen it
While the possiblities of wurm lends itself to some good storytelling,so does EVE,and i wouldn't be suprised if user's from the outside saw it in this light,therefore dismissing it. evefags can go jerk off a graphing calculator,if i wanted to do spreadsheets for mind numbing hours at a time just for a small payoff at the end i'd become a fucking accountant,it's not autism,it's masochism

1k map and no good/unique mountains - 1/10 would not allow extra RAM use

It's not like serious mountains or mountain chains couldn't be thrown in.

I vote for 2x/2x.
Maybe even 3x/2x if people are that unhappy.
But anything above that seems casual.

Here's the non-thumbnail version.

Oh shit, here's an idea.

Desert map, we Dune nao.

Nice idea, if only SPICE COULD BE MINED IN DESERTS.

Here's what it comes down to: either we risk a pirate server and a random crash that can't be solved again, or $1US for a server that's actually reliable. People can pirate all they want, but what's the point if the game has a meltdown over some random bullshit?

That could be interesting. Still would need forest areas, even if only sparsely so we could get something for the inevitable terraforming masterworks. Light greenery from ol' Constantinople on to the north west and on the fringes of the north east, desert everywhere else?

Yellow areas, desert.
Green areas, trees.
Red dot, Constantinbrople.

Any cunts want trees they're gonna need to:
1. pay the toll
2. go the long way around
3. build a boat, good luck building a boat without trees :^)

deus vult

Not to get too hype about it, but people would need a reason to venture into that desert. Something's going to need to be hidden deep in there amongst mountain ranges that they can't get anywhere else. If there comes an admin that will do dungeons, that'd be a swell place to put the majority of them.

a fuckin' pyramid with poison stuff inside and it's walls at the very bottom deep below are the only source of moon metals, protected fiercely by the creatures inside of course

HOL' UP
*SMACKS LIPS*
A SAY HOL' UP
*GETS SHOT IN A GANG FIGHT*
SO WIT'CHU BE SAYIN' IS
*COMBS AFRO*
HOL' UP, WIT'CHU BE SAYIN' IS
*SON COMES TO ME FO' HUGS IN SHEEIT*
I SAY HOL' UP, U SAYIN'…
*GOES OUT FOR A PACK OF CIGS*
WE…
*DOESN'T COME BACK*
WUZ KANGZ?

Dungeons, pyramids, and necropoli hoarding rare metals, items and loot sounds like a plan. All that space to fill, imagine one huge city of the dead ripe for plundering, with intermittent hidden locales. Could have materials like gold, silver, marble, etc as area-specific as well. You could have smaller veins map-wide, but make them rich over there. That's how you'd get people into that desert.

an entire map of desert would be overkill, but distinct biomes with unique resources would get me rock hard.

please god this

You fucking nerds forget that we went all of Brosmouth and deep into Broschwitz before anyone was producing really high level (70+) gear, and that was due to Fenlaw's eternal botting. I don't know if people are new or if the infinite crack x2 EXP crack powder exploit period is messing with your heads, but 4x/4x was far from quick.
I'd be fine with 3x skill rate 5x skill bar, and reductions for the retarded set waits like 60s to brush your horsey. Any less than that is true autism. 2x/5x is probably the slowest playable rate.

Yeah

start making maps
any software that can save the image in 16-bit greyscale .png-file will do
. / 255 = height difference between greyscale values in in-game layers
if you make your world too tall you'll have steep hills everywhere even if the greyscale value only differs by 1
make good use of layers for different heights, and use transition layers between different heights aswell unless it's for steep mountain walls
use noise to generate height variations and gaussian blur for smoothing transitions between different heights across the whole map
Do NOT use noise and blur on the file with layers, export all layers to a new flat (only 1 layer) image first
when happy with result import the image into Wurm Map Generator and add dirt layer, water height (keep in mind hight of dirt layer), grass, trees, biomes etc
don't forget to generate the ore layer
or leave the last steps up to the server host to sort out
github.com/BuddaT/WGenerator/releases
boom, custom map done in minutes hours

That's for just the client and files to be able to host a server, but to actually host a server someone has to either have a home server or pay a monthly fee to rent one.

We've been discussing about putting resources in certain areas, in this particular case it would be tar in the desert. But is way too much desert.

This biome talk got me thinking, this is probably going to make a lot of people mad but what about, certain plants can only grow in certain climates/biomes?

Such is the nature of a desert map.
According to the wiki, that can be manufactured from charcoal piles. Any resources that would be found in the desert would need to either be strictly difficult to find elsewhere or only found in the desert. It doesn't have to be so much desert, but I do back the idea of a desert-dominated map with all the enticements of venturing into.

Throw in mountain ranges to make the transition into the area difficult, make the desert mountainous and hilly as possible, plateau it, fill it with hidden with locations and goodies. Is it possible to regulate certain plants as habitable to certain biomes or just as originating in those biomes?

Are Anons willing to teach people who have never played it before? I would play, but I have no idea where to start.

That remake is almost exactly what I envisioned user.
The only thing I would add is some sort of snowy area like an island or something.

I was also thinking about the moonmetal fiasco and how to handle it. Is it possible to make a vein or something like that to be infinite or nearly infinite?

In-game, surely so. The best thing to get comfy with is the wiki wurmpedia.com. If "not until summer" is what we're really doing, there's no rush. You can always get some practice in before the server goes up. But what you really want is to have some thought before hand on what occupation looks the most appealing to you. Giving yourself purpose and all that jazz.

How about this, since people liked the Dune idea.
Constantinbrople is also part of the desert yes, but we're also next to the richest green area so going to and from to get wood isn't a chore.
We also get to keep our toll road, however we also don't have a monopoly on the forestry anymore since green is scattered throughout now.

Still would prefer more sand tbh…

Bros help other bros, it is the way of the bro.

You could always read up on the wiki or watch some 40 hour intro to wurm video.
Most intro videos go way too in-depth and almost all of them are for people that want to do everything themselves.
The parts about how each skill can help other skills can be important, such as body/mind helping with basically everything else.
Go on to the wiki and find some sort of job you think is fun and actually useful then look up videos on how to do that job to get an idea of what it's going to be like.

Any hostfags around that can explain just how resource intensive it got? I know the last Wurm serb apparently had 70 or so people, but how intensive was it having those 70 (at least) with their own houses, boats, and God knows what else running around?

Fen here, I've never botted before. I use macro's with impeccable timing. I'm like an old man that refuses to change with the times and instead masters the craft of clock making. Think old ocean's 11 compared to the new ocean's 11. My true power lies in extreme autism, not the ability to code.

I feel like Wurm just isn't Wurm if we're not in a server with normalfags that are offended by our mere presence. I honestly can't think of a time where I've played Wurm with Holla Forums and that wasn't part of the experience.

Snow on the mountains to the north? Valcanos on the islands in the south?

At least until one bro turns out to be a turncoat feeding information and resources to the filthy normans outside our walls. Then it becomes full rape culture mode.

Only thing is, how much is any given server host that isn't us going to put up with in the form of wrongthink and bullying?

can I play as an elven trap?

I have a "tank" mindset and personality. I think this game is much different from a classic mmo though.

You can play as a grill. Close enough?

Knights are a thing. You'll be right there with the dozen or so others who typically go that route as well.

name yourself that and we'll all honor your RP with incessant bullying

yes

pls no bully I will be good

Do you have a magnet link for the game? I never pay more than 20 bucks for a game.

I've seen these threads for a while, I've always been interested but didn't like the idea of joining an already well established community. Now, seen how it seems you might be starting again, the question arises: is it worth my time?
also can I pirate this or what because I'm not fucking buying it for sure

Healslut?

Check , friend. You can tell Steam and Rolf to fuck themselves by buying the game for $1US.

Check

yes. are there classes in the game? I honestly dont know much about, other than there is a lot of autistic grinding but Im pretty much in the same position as

There are skills you can work on, whatever job you have is what you give yourself. Healer, fighter, alchemist, fisher, farmer, puppeteer, forester, it's whatever. Getting your skills up higher can also get you titles, if that's your thing.

wurmpedia.com/index.php/Titles

but why

okay thats pretty neat. Do we have an OP where the basics on how to join are explained ?

Yea. That isn't a magnet link.

Such are these dark times we live in. You can still pirate it. The link's also provided in that post.

The finer details should eventually start getting themselves into the OP proper the closer we get to putting this shitshow into production.

okay, is steam going to be the only way to play this with anons?

Fuck steam IMO.

It's a perfectly safe download. Nobody's going to kick in your door, goy.

Not necessarily. The rar as posted will get you what you want if $1US and Steam is too much. I only push the buy option because the last server we threw together from scratch ended up getting raped by an error nobody knew how to fix.

not that it is too much Id just prefer the non steam option. But I will go with whatever oldfags decide

To be fair, the rar isn't cracked so they still need to find a crack or throw a shilling to steam/chinese g2a

The client from the google drive just launches steam when I try to run it.

Oh, isn't it? I wasn't aware of that, kinda just assumed it was.

My bad. I guess I'm a liar.

I got it working(I think) by copying the steam emulator into the directory from another legally purchased title.

Think I'm going to attempt a solo desert oasis while things get figured out.

The link to the google drive didn't work for me, but I got it working by copying the following files to the Server/Client directories:

Then I just hosted a local server and connected to 127.0.0.1 and it seems to be working.

Let's hear some suggestions user

bróðircapuche

You one of them fags?
What does that mean and what language is that even?

bróðir is viking for brother

capuche is french for hood

No wonder I thought you were a fag.
The viking part fits into wurm I guess but the french part doesn't meld right.
Upon looking up capuche it means hood in the sense of a cloak hood not a gathering or grouping.

ah alright then let me try again

Bromegle
The serb where people anonymous from all over the world come to so they can act like faggots.

Brainfart

Mendicants Cradle

that ebin curve doesn't look right at all.
this is what the curve really is.

i want to be able to explore the wilderness nigger.
4k map is the way to go.
that and you can server jump. maybe allow the ability to jump to other servers/maps too, but make cities banned on those wilderness maps or make upkeep go up 100x.

Brohousinheimer

We're probably going to have a hard time running just one since wurm uses java which eats ram like candy.

We need something more offensive like how broswitchz was bro and aushwitchz.
But someone else has to figure that out since I'm pretty bad at names and it's a very low concern for me.
Just look at Holla Forums and /g/ when they try to make a browser, it turns into 90% dicussion about a name and the other 10% about functionality is generally ignored.

it doesn't have to be offensive much like it doesn't have to have the word bro in it and tbh I like what I came up with tbh

I missed that one, yea it's pretty good to me.

Why not Brokluxklan?

Bromocide? I don't know what's genuinely offensive anymore. Could keep it simple with something like Broheim, Brogard, Broford, Bromingham, etc.

Neither do I honestly, Broheim sounds pretty good.

Hmmmm…

I'm bad with names too.
Brodenschwein?
I just added bro to jusdenschwein which is german for "jewish pig"

bland tbh

The X4 timer also means faster skill gains, dummy. If its more than 1X skill gains it will be waaay too fast.

Brolantis - bro atlantis
Took me since the beginning of the first thread to finally come up with that.

The rates should be changed depending on the skill itself.
Some skills(HFC) have very long action timers while others don't.
We need veterans of as many skills as possible to be honest pffhahaha and tell us how suicidal they got from leveling their skills.

would you accept brah or bruh?

Paving needs high gains. It determines how high you can build stone floors, not masonry. So if you want to build a stone house you either need to get a carpenter to build your floors of you need to grind paving forever, because even the people building roads everywhere aren't going to match the masonry gains you get just from preparing the materials for a house.

The meme curve is a good idea tbh.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

bruv innit loik mate

go on…

A start. Now desert from Turkey on down? :3

Don't skip this chance. We Brorusalem now.

I honestly like Brolantis, although it kind of hints at a more water based map or at least a lot of waterways which I'm not sure if Wurm can deal with easily.

I also agree that we need to find out what skills are honestly a hell on earth to train like pointed out paving and HFCanon, along with meditation and mining. Are we able to adjust timers along with rates? Timer would be helpful to deal with mining although I'm not sure if we could adjust timers for cooking to be more exact (and maybe shorter) or if we just go ahead and say give cooking a better ratio for playing with such an odd If reasonably comfy in my opinion I'm a sucker for cooking classes/skills system?

(check'd)
I was more going along the lines of how all maps are basically an island and like atlantis it will eventually collapse, be lost and never to return again.

I'm not versed in the technicals but I'm pretty sure the skillmod lets admins change the timers and xp gain rates separately and for each skill individually.

Brothens?

Are we trying to be kangz now?

More like an amalgimation of DEUS VULT and freeing sand niggers of their excess tar pits

the problem with this is now everyone knows what it is and there's no exploration. i want to have no idea what the actual map looks like. there should be no global map posted.

How does this shit work? You can just find a real height life height map and make a Wurm map out of it?

Is that a gigantic fucking bridge we'll need?
YES PLEASE

noice

Real life height map***
Just fuck my post up.

do we have a honest to god troll wanting to set up his toll here?

if this will be approved then Brostantinopol

I mean we all should set up shop there. Would be great.

Agree'd, should be uncharted territory.

Is there a way to get the damn thing to connect outside of steam? Theres gotta be a way to mod it.

I kind of like that idea. But on the other hand having a map makes artifact hunting easier.

I'm not paying your toll, troll

I'd rather not waste tons of time trying to find a decent spot to find out that the map is utterly shit anyways tbh

THE MARKINSON TURKIC HORDES ARE COMING FROM THE EAST

I GOT JUST THE IDEA
We call the city broninsula.
We build it on the 2 sides of the peninsulas,
There's a huge ass bridge in the middle of the city connecting the 2 parts.

Good point, but it let's us see how good the map is overall.
We can see in this example there is no sand or resources. No coasts, we got some weird pillar things in the southwest, there isn't enough mountains to break up the giant flat areas, and I'm not sure how the water is going to look in-game but some areas like on the west side look like it's going to have giant mid-ocean waterfall things.

It's a start, don't get me wrong, but it still needs quite a bit or work.

Thread #1 Archive:
archive.fo/hnZjd

Rather fitting, I like it.

As for the skills XP and rates, if admins can change both then that bodes well for the lifespan of a few of the less thankful jobs.

Beyond the resources and other important bits, is there anything that we want to see visually, I know a few of us last thread were getting their dicks hard at the thought of settling around a giant crater even if trying to handle settling such a thing would be a fucking nightmare but what sort of features do people want to see?

Truly beautiful. I would stay in the Greek city-states/islands all my life, and venture sometimes into retaking Constantinople, and sweeping south.

Can we build the Colossus of Rhodes in Cyprus please? Let's have an adventure to make some of the 7 wonders of the Ancient World.

There should be synagogues in (((Palestine))) so we can conquer like the Romans.

Will this new serb be pirate-friendly?

You can look earlier in this thread and see people wanting a giant desert(myself included), multiple biomes such as compfy snow areas and some swamps, some volcanos.

Of course, that's like 90% of the population gone if we didn't.

Similarity

This is gayer than traps.

The world map has always been generally known by players since the first city. That's how it's always been. But just because you know what the world map is doesn't mean you know every nook and cranny and hidden location. What looks small now will be huge on completion. Plenty to navigate and explore if the ideas thrown around are properly implemented.

Desert and snow region conception?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm……

needs more varid green lands tbh and don't have the stepp just highlighting snow tbh

Now we're getting somewhere
I like that river in the south having green around it with that lush forest nearby.

Snowy area not so much since it looks devoid of mountains although there is that snowy range to the west.

Still no coasts though and no clay

No more ugly pillars and a nice volcano although I'm not sure if that's a small volcano with lava pouring out of it or just some lava pits.

Set all the rare metal nodes to be located on top of the mountain ranges. Also, drop a ton of troll spawns around them.

brilliantine smarts here idort

(checked)
That's a lot of water compared to the last map.

A lot of the coast and rivers look like drop offs, would we be able to get back to land, or even properly use boats, if we fell in the water?

that's one issue I have with it tbh

tbh not sure what you mean tbh
I wanted the steppe to only be in one part of the map so if people want hellhorses they have to travel there, kind of like the concept with the desert, it made the most sense to put them where the steppes are in real life, so they just ended up being near the north where snow naturally goes.

Could extend the snow further down in the northwest, might look bretty gud.
it's a jungle
WE
I'll try to add beaches, as for clay, it's there, just look more closely. Auto placed then hand-placed it in a bunch of places to make sure it's around.
Me neither, since you can only get a vague idea of altitude in this map editor. I guess we'll see when the map is finished. Lava cools over time anyway so it's not actually possible to make a permanent volcano.

It is a lot of water, but that's just the consequence of where I cut it off really. If I extended it any further to fill the square I'd just be including desert wasteland or steppe wasteland in Africa or Russia. Also of course there's two large inland seas by design whereas that map was pretty much a single landmass until I cut it a few times with canals.

no idea

tbh tbh it's just abit flat and bland those bits tbh

Congrats user, that's the worst map I've ever seen.

that map has it's problems too, like the fact that it only has one river going through it

Not true. It might appear that way because a lot of the shores have dirt on them rather than grass, because of the way WGen likes to import biome images after re-making maps from the same heightmap. The slopes on the shores (excluding those on the edges of the map) are actually perfectly navigable and pretty shallow. The dirt will turn to grass after a little time passes in Wurm and grass naturally grows onto the dirt tiles. If they were actually cliffs you'd be seeing rock tiles, like on the bottom edge of the map near the jungle or in the far east past where Persia got cut off.

Or you travel there and get some, that was the point. The steppe is in the steppe. This could always be changed of course, I just figured it would fit the theme of different parts of the map having different resources.

If you mean at the edges of the map, see , it's just a result of where I cut it off. If you mean the Mediterranean and Black seas… Uh, well, the whole point was to use a real-world heightmap so, yeah it has those.

I don't know if it would be a good map to play on but I've seen way worse. That map you posted looks pretty good in some ways, has some significant problems but also some good points.

Broschwitz map made me a fan of big centralized lakes with rivers to all corners of the ocean, so I'll agree with that, but it's still pretty and I'd play it even with that con.

Everyone wants at least 4 bison, and that's the most they can lead at a time anyway. Sometimes you lose some on the way back, sometimes they drop dead at home or wander off when you have to untie them from the wagon for water reason and bolt before you can lead them. You *will* have to return to the steppe for more bison, probably two or more times, and it's annoying enough without the nearest one being potentially on the opposite end of that map.
Real world emulation makes for bad gameplay. Variation is what makes a map interesting; having every different terrain concentrated in one huge blob, whether ocean or desert, is boring as fuck.
gross

that con is also a very important strategical advantage to someone who knows the right points to town/tower off

Both maps including yours aren't that bad. My only concern is that mainly your map (and slightly the Greek-Mid East map) is just too big for the population we will be hosting. Its just "there" to be adventured, but there isn't any reason to travel to another region unless you put resources in specific geographies. You do have nice chokepoints in your map though, but the map is too big to achieve any real "chokepoint".

An example is this world map. There is reason to travel to the various cities because each city sells unique/rare armor, and each city accompanies a unique spawn of monsters, where each monster may drop a unique item/weapon/armor.

That's a major aspect lacking in Wurm. Just sad we can't do that. That's why I want a small map, since the main thing we should be doing is coming into conflict with the ENEMY for either 1. both attempting to gather the same resource at an exclusive region, or 2. traveling and ganking players near known spots of levelling / resource gathering.

Also please read my notes in the map, start at center of the picture.

DO NOT IMPORTANT RESOURCES TO LIMITED SPOTS

it just means whoever finds it first will have a HUGE advantage over everyone else because they've effectively locked off an entire tier

Set the area to not be deed-able. Its as simple as that. Yeah? Or have the host deed it, and set all players to allow use of the land.

Anons don't need to be herded together to fight, we seek out each others' villages to raid and pillage to cure our boredom. It's also not hard to hunt people down since you can see them in local once you're in their general vicinity.

Didn't you say you wouldn't play a restart, around the time Broschwitz was kill for the second time? You still leaning that way? I haven't been in any subsequent games so I don't know if you've played since.

There aren't really any resources that can be limited in the first place. There's only really clay and moonmetal. Limiting clay would be retarded. Making moonmetal veins appear only on a small island like someone else suggested, I think in the last thread, seems like a good idea. But I think it would be better to make that vein only be low ql because once you have access to it you can mine a lot of it. That way people could only use it to make the items, you would still need to find high ql moonmetal in order to imp, which would be much more limited.

I'm not suggesting 10 tile chokepoints, but more like 30-70 tile width. If you build your autism wall and 2 layers thick, go ahead, it makes sieges that much more fun with Mauls/catapults. A well protected path is just more opportunity for attack-defense PvP.

Technically, it is possible to do some of that in Wurm, it's just a huge pain in the ass and the game isn't really designed to work that way.

For example, you can make admin-owned permanent deeds with merchants whose inventories are manually stocked with desired goods. You can also give these goods unique names, materials, and/or enchantments, including ones not normally obtainable. You can also make these into treasure, quest rewards, or whatever.

You can spawn manually monsters with abnormal characterstics, and certain monsters already only spawn in certain biomes so you have that covered to a degree. Furthermore, some monsters don't naturally spawn at all in the world and can only be summoned by admins so they can be used to make boss encounters more interesting (remember the Deathcrawler minions? yeah I bet you do).

You can also sort of make monsters drop items, but not directly. You have to manually give whoever kills the boss monster the item in question. It's also possible to track which unique monsters are still alive and their location for this purpose.

I think you might notice a pattern in all this: It all has to be done manually. The fact that any of this is even possible is really just a coincidence, Wurm was never designed to support any of this. It's meant to run on its own with minimal admin intervention and the design philosophy is meant to limit admin powers to as few people as possible (because Rolf is a paranoid fuck).

However if you want to achieve what you're talking about you need very active admin(s), creative people, a tailor-made map, and even then it probably still won't work out, because Wurm simply isn't made for this kind of thing. You can't even make a monster drop a key to a chest, for example, because monsters don't drop arbitrary items in their inventory that you gave them when they die. You can't create an impassable area on water to prevent someone from just sailing around a "chokepoint", you have to raise the earth to ground level then construct an unbreakable fence, or raise the earth to the skybox. You can't make a creature stay in one spot unless you literally build a fucking house around it or lock it in a cave - in which case it's no longer really a danger to a wandering player, is it? You can't even make proper dungeons because there's no method of gating progress that doesn't also allow the player to just run past whatever's in the room if they feel like it. The simplest things are impossible because the system isn't made to support them. If you have some imagination you can achieve a bit, but there are limits - unless you have an admin literally float there invisibly and control everything by hand like a DM.

I agree that both maps are probably too big. The 4k map is ridiculously huge though now that I think about it, I think people are forgetting that a 4k map is FOUR times as large as a 2k map, not two times, so just sailing from one end to the other is the equivalent of sailing from one corner of the 2k map to the other, following the edges and turning on a right angle, the longest possible trip.

It's possible to set areas as undeedable iirc, however as said there are hardly any vital resources that can be limited in the first place. Limiting clay is out of the question because you need it to make really basic stuff. That would kill the game before it begins. On the flipside, having moonmetal available at all on the map is probably a bad idea, imo it should be a reward for defeating powerful bosses, winning HOTA, stuff like that. Otherwise you run into the snowballing problem where one faction finds a vein and they have an advantage, then they use that to get another advantage, then they use that, and so on, until gg everyone quits. The only other resources to limit are:

Must be confusing me with someone else, in every game I've ever played I enjoy starting over more than anything. If anything a full restart is always the best possible scenario as you can improve on everything you've done in the past all over again with the knowledge from previous attempts.

Fair points, I've taken them and see some limits of my suggestions. I guess a new type of game genre needs to be made for what I envision, which is one that requires a guiding hand DM player with a huge set of GM tools where he can set up open-ended experiences. That would be the game that could achieve something new.

Still good job last guy who made those tunnel dungeons, and had locations with keys to open them. That was creativity with limited power privileges as a host.

I think it's mostly due to how the z axis works in wurm.
Isn't it surprising that a dev makes a game with a huge flaw and instead of fixing it, just piles more garbage on top to cover up his mistakes?

You'd be onto something big if you could take a game like that and turn it into something real. People have wanted "D&D but I can see it in front of me and it's a sandbox" forever. The problem is that would require taking human imagination and putting it in computer form. So either you boil things down to where they're meaningless, or you have to put in so much effort it's not worth the investment to most people. Just look at Dwarf Fortress attempting to solve that problem by inventing a system that procedurally generates its own lore, its own setting, its own NPCs, its own random encounters, its own boss fights, its own artifacts, etc. Or Minecraft and its clones attemping to solve it in the opposite direction, by giving players a basic sandbox and saying "now make believe". The alternate solution is: Simply keep the human DM. I think it worked reasonably well on Brohan for what it's worth, you just have to have someone who wants to do it and realizes that if they DM they can't play with everyone else.

It's partly due to that, and partly because the admin tools for the game are so shit. The game is not designed to be actively interfered with, I'm pretty sure Rolf went out of his way to make it a pain in the ass to do anything, to prevent a rogue admin from screwing over Wurm Online and killing his cash cow. Obviously this is counter to the entire point of Wurm Unlimited which is supposed to put you in control of your own server.

Look into sword coast legends, it's an attempt at DnD in video game form.
I never got around to playing it since my friends who tried to play DnD always gave up after the first session and had the creativity and imagination of a rock.

Last time I played with moonmetal veins (~late 2015-early 2016) they gave less than 10 kgs of smelted ore, and required ridiculous mining levels to get non crap ql ores. So if we do play with them on they'd probably be used as crafting lumps, or hoarded until we feel comfortable mining them, while we'd need to save the higher lumps found for imping. I'm personally against moonmetal veins, having moonmetal ores drop rarely like gems would work much better.
If we do use the veins I'm against them being hand placed. It's one thing to have the ore map and use it to hunt down prime mine locations, but knowing where every single one is would be a massive advantage to the mapmaker.

Restricting both silver and gold to specific spots is a bad idea,since its used for statuettes which are needed for priests to cast spells/convert.
Having silver not restricted and gold restricted makes the most sense,if you want to go down that path at all.
Something i haven't seen discussed is the White/Black altar,i think there is alot of potential with this for PVP encouragement,Followers who are converted by a priest still need to make a pilgrimage if they themselves wish to become priests,this could be extended to disallowing priests to convert at all,which would force factions to organize additional trips to their respective altars to allow those without a deity to pick up one and enjoy its bonuses.Isolating a faction from its respective altar is something that punishes 1 faction but doesn't instantly give a huge advantage to the opposing one,this advantage of course grows the longer 1 faction is cut off from its altar,since it would then not be able to have new priests/followersif convertion is disabled/ChampionsOnly work properly with ebin since altars tend to be on each end of the map,holding the altar of the oposite faction might just not be worth it due to the logistics involved,of course this is up to both factions to decide.
Also i believe the next big topic should be about wether we'll have ebin or not unless only I see it as a dillemma While i think most would prefer it off,without it there is also no Missions/Valrei,which in turn means no unique mobs and the possibility of becoming a Champion and beyond that a Demigod,no HOTA which in turn means no shoulders/moonmetals/other i believe there is a way to acquire moonmetals outside of HOTA which involves active volcanos but i don't know enough about it,Archery towers don't work either without ebin,and i believe ebin balances out PVP by having strenght not be such a deciding factor in PVP seeing as this gives an inherent advantage to PVP to those whose professions allows them to skill Body Strenght by default unlike say a cook/fisher/tailor and others i can't remember.While i'd like to ram my EFFECTIVE DICK up rolf's asshole for tying so many good features to an absolutely horrendous system,i still think it should be debated,and its pros and cons weighted.

Knowing where the ore is seems like small potatoes compared to all the other fun toys the admin has over regular players.

Why do people think this? regional ore distribution only needs to be painted in broad strokes, It's not like we would need to have only 1 or 2 patches being the only source on the entire map.
Resources should be spread out within a region, and still available outside of it. But they are much more common and higher quality in those areas.
although I can't find any tools that let you edit the ore map anyway, so all this might be pointless. WurmAPI seems to be able to, but no actual tools.

I believe it's an attempt to encourage PVP by limiting resources,it's a fine idea on paper but i think it just doesn't work in practice,only gold off the top of my head is a resource that is inherently valuable while not one necessary for specific/high impact crafting recipes,sure without it you can't have the assthicc gold altars and their huge radius of influence,but it's not something that just gives your oposition an insurmountable advantage unlike moonmetals

literally every time a server is mentioned the limited resources "idea" is brought up and it's just as shit as x1 rates all round "idea" and at this point I'm considering it to just be shitters trying to fuck shit over before we even get anything started, remember there is like two or three fuckers who regularly try to fuck every kinda Holla Forums server thing we do because they're that autistic

Booted this map up in a server just to fly around and see what it actually looks like. It turned out completely unplayable, because the ground is very bumpy and full of ridges as I expected, however geographically I think it looks kind of cool. I'm gonna dump pictures of it to bump the thread and to show you guys since it will probably never be hosted.

>4: The clusterfuck jungle dense chestnut forest :^) that is sub-Saharan Africa. Also pictured is the Nile in the distance. The Nile itself came out pretty well, the banks are mostly accessible and it's more than deep enough to accommodate ships. But the surrounding areas look a little janky.

And that's all I have. Sorry if you didn't want to see this and I just spammed your shit up.

this isn't so bad actually
tbh add some more

I have drawn you a diagram.

I really do like the look of those sand dunes, even if it would be a living hell to climb.

I also like the third image, it's like someone told you to make the Wurm equivalent to Catachan from Warhammer 40k and you passed with flying colors.
I also like the frozen peninsula, I'm a fucking sucker for frozen tundras.

default iron is fine, what's being "suggested" is fucking retarded still because fuckers don't seem to understand just how much coverage people can get with afew well funded towns

Are we going to post a map showing the rough ore concentrations or are we just going to leave it up to luck. Because when people are deciding where to make a village nobody is going to have the prospecting or mining skill to be able to figure out whether they're in an iron rich area or not.

What's a 30 minute trip to the closest iron node to having a place that actually looks nice?

you're a retard, nobody is going to bother covering 1/3 of the map to deny resources that can still be obtained elsewhere.

have you actually tried to look for decent quality iron on a map like before? it's a nightmare and yeah no shit I'd deny people really high quality iron because that would mean we'd have a massive advantage for not much work tbh. but you're saying "gee the other spots would have the other factions in so we'd all be even anyways" you're forgetting the fact that being in a faction does not entitle you to the wealth of that faction so if there's one dominant alliance sitting on all the good stuffs, other alliances can only really happen on the grace of said dominant alliance

Huh, basically we can recreate Konosuba in WURM
Priest of Fo, can use Healing spells, a staff user, do "party tricks" like pupeteering or yoyo - to be useless basically
Priest of Magranon, can cast Fire Pillar, being a chuuni is part of autism
"Crusader" profession with shit sword skill, but best plate armor from Moon-metals and high Body Strength, Body Stamina and Soul Strength for high resistance against any damage
Master Steal, Stealth and Tracking skills, have a knife as main weapon (magic would be out of the question tho, unless no priest restrictions), could use Archery, if no priest restriction then Sixth Sense and Nolocate

The Mobile Fortress Destroyer is a Champ Lava spider or maybe add a special enemy that wanders the map destroying things

Could be a Vynora folower for the Ice Pillar, Ice Shard or a HOTShead for Drain Health and Drain Stamina

Frightening how accurate it is

Today I dreamed Aqua came to my bed and rode me.
Eris wills it.

That looks more natural, instead of some evergreen wreath around the entire fucking thing.

Most of the comers that have been offered never looked at a fucking atlas.

pretty sure that admin sabotaged it on purpose because he has attention span of a goldfish and didnt want to do it anymore

Nigger, that's e v e r y t h i n g multiplayer. It's why I'd prefer doing this on a normalfag server and come in from the bounds and create something both beautiful and horrific. Even if it comes to being deep-sixed. I'm not sure most of you homosexuals can manage nor keep your fucking power level in check long enough to pull off a long game. It is why I ride with few on the public servers. A broken band.

shit I've been wanting to do exactly that, which serb

I would not make that public, certainly not here.

That's a pisser, but understandable.

now now dont pull that Muh Holla Forums is X-ist card so i quit working on the server, you have attention span of a goldfish and thats why you can never focus on a single project for longer than few weekrs or a month.

The more we talk about playing wurm -> the more i start thinking about my building plans -> the more i want to start playing now

THE NEED IS REAL
Dammit it's like crack-cocain

You ignore that there is still months to get the map right, that terraforming is a thing, and that the whole point of the desert is to make it a bitch to traverse because it contains precious goods. The map is fine, there's no reason to throw it out because it still needs ironing out. If I can make any suggestions, all that desert in the north should be reverted to steppe and snow. Maybe have Palestine greened over flatlands hitting in the mountain ranges that should be surrounding that desert. It feels like something more should be going on west of the Nile, too. It really is a fine map, I'd hate to see it go so early in development when nothing better has been offered up as an alternative.

I'm not,i'm still here,waiting.

Don't tattoo me with this board. Exiting and finding new fertile ground is the beast within many a few. All while you sit here, discussing in your little group. And on the roundabout, I am also the biggest guardian of this bathroom. Don't talk to me about what is and should be.

crawlinginmyskin.exe

That's right, caress the shell.

webm for future use

lmao you act like some edgy 16 year old

If I can't use the new renderer I'm not playing honestly.

I want to run the game at more than 30 fps

Only masqueofmadness could be on this board and be this retarded, edgy and autistic all at once.

Not going to profile me. If you don't understand, there are ours and yours. That's the end of it presently. You wonder why your shit never kicks up for long and you have the same bitch fight always.

Coming from a guy who has ADHD and cannot focus on a single thing for longer than a week

Not even close.
FOCUS

The inherit problem is you're the same group of faggots that likely circlejerk around on steamchat or something even more cancerous. What you do, I do the opposite of, and it will forever be.

It's very easy to profile you for your inside faggotry that never touched a board. It's time to cut the shit for your trash what it is. You wonder who and whom comes to these sort of matters. You operate like females.

I'm not shooting myself. OOOOOOHHH, GOTCHA NOW FAGGOT, GOTTA' DO IT

I am. I find the majority of you to be trash operators.

I find you to be a cock operator

Most of you should honestly just go back to reddit or cuckchan. The few in the wild that remain, we sing a different song.

That's right, now get out of my chair.

The sooner you realize tattooed servers and whatnot are a bad idea, you may come into womanhood. I am not going to observe this happen again.Chanology rejects need to just burn already.

You sound like a schizophrenic who's just decided not to take his medicine

Somehow rememberance is a jewish problem.
No. I don't care what you try to spin. The majority of what needs to happen, it's outside of here. The ones that explicitly attempt to source it here are absolute rejects.

Do you need a primer again? It sure isn't going to work otherwise, as I said, it always turns into a bitch fight if it's just internal. Stop being a bunch of leddit-tier faggots and name it something otherwise. Same what went by with SS13, you foolish juniors that couldn't even keep your underwear clean in adolescents.

This is what is called peer review. Be fortunate. Send a card.

(19)

Twenty, queer.

If you have any sage counter, do bring it up.

Imagine living that sort of life. Good thing ID's filter exists.

I swear someone is going to try seriously arguing with you and it'll end with you screaming that jacking off wearing crystals with other men to empower yourselves and stay manly is a main facet of what wurm is truly about. You're fucking bonkers.

Quite sure the majority of you faggots are just triggered like tumblrettes. If the is the majority, this is why there is an answer to it. So, what is your question?

No. There is no argument.

I can smell an immigrant a mile away. You're not going to pull another chanology pile of shit my way nor many. This is a fact.

sage for offtopic but if anyone from WWEW ever played wurm tell me this isin't the exact schizo aspie posting style of Masqe.

For my fellow wurm posters, this guy is a huge lolcow and has made videos of himself driving around and screaming FUCK YOU [user here], infact he needs a /cow/ thread badly.

What going on in this thread? Why is some guy posting like he is responding to someone, but not actually responding to them?

The amount of misdirection is off the charts. Goon on you if you want to start another bitch fight. If you do not know how it works you need to sit right here. Again. And, again. And, again.

You probably filtered me or the homosexual normalfag.

probably just wants attention

You can be oblivious all day, but I am always right.

he reminds me of a spambot we had on the site

You can imply a lot, you're not from here nor for what it matters.

There is no turn I am not ahead of the curve and riding with honest anons outside of this trap.

(29)
dis gonna be good

It sure is, because you are not from here nor with a quality to reflect.

from what danish mental hospital did you escape?

Even trusting /radcorp/ is a sort of disorder. They if they were true would have their shit together before posting.

Sorry, faggot. Ain't going to happen. Rather on a vague collector than one focused on this board.

If you don't understand who wants to get you multiplayer, no idea what a load of late join faggots you are.

it is fascinating, like watching a homeless guy rant on a street

Nobody pays to run anything, at best you can hope /baph/ is behind it. Sad.

Really stunning, how fucking numb in the head they are.

It's not happening. When I smell something funky, I will not let go of your leg.

These are not mine, if they cannot spot each other in the wild. Absolute skinwalkers. Meeting cute with another user, that's what it's all about.

Why do I get the feeling that the more experienced players are trying to figure out ways to jew people before the server is even up?

What are you talking about?

Sounds like a swede to me.

1. Because they do not know how to have fun in the wild.
2. Not anons, possible data collectors.

Honestly there's not much you can get jewed at. Since resources are quality limited by your skill people who've played longer will almost always have higher skill or know how to get theirs up faster. If you're experienced at the game you're never going to be relying on lower skilled people. If anyone says they'll make you tools for coin though, don't do it. Gold is only valuable for two things, traders if the server has them and funding deeds, both of which are more valuable than whatever fuckin' tool you could make yourself.

Consider how may threads show up, that it's obvious some normalfag is working on a paper about """"""""""""""""chans"""""""""""""""".

Who exactly do you think your audience is?

in wurm, not whatever offtopic shit your schizophrenic hallucinations are whispering to you

N-no idea what you're talking about goy, I mean guy!

You're a real fucking rube. If you cannot meet in the wild without being a memelord you're off.

This happens all day, all around you. It happened to you again.

But traders are just an intermediary for player trade. It's the same thing as buying directly from them except that there's no risk of getting cheated, but the traders take a cut so the buyer pays more of the seller pays less and it's less convenient if the trader isn't nearby. Everything is limited by skill, but if someone else has higher skill in something it can be useful to buy from them.

Meeting cute in the wild is what it is all about, not this faggotry. I don't think they even know their origin ITT.

Many like to just see it as demoralization, but that's wrong, you silly faggots. Even on private skel flag servers. You idiots. I cannot count the skulls at this point.

I mean, yeah I guess but a newbie could avoid getting kiked if they just held onto their coin until they knew what it was worth, you know? Coin isn't useless for player trading but if a newbie is buying from a veteran he's got like 50/50 odds of getting reamed on the deal.

Never join a 8ch focuses server
That is law. They may be yours but they are not mine.

then fuck off, why are you even in this thread

I will not cease to tell you, what a crosseyed idiot you are.

If you're attempting to defend /radcorp/ on top of this, the main faggots are from Florida. Let the roll around in your head a bit.

At least /radcorp/ attempts to breathe life into dead games. This? Absolutely fruitless.

Eternally questionable. Some fagoff that wants another town to run. Too bad, you need to hide out on a little tumblr-tier serb. Fucking soyboys and data collectors.

finish your server

You really have a fucking comprehension issue.

Is everyone here a fucking female, no idea what this soy-tier logic comes from otherwise.
I BEAT DIRT TO YOUR LANDS

pot calling the kettle black if I've ever seen it, holy shit

I think it's time to go do something else, user.

I'm absolutely certain I know what I am responding to. An inherit problem here.

Imagine taking your chinese image board this seriously

you smell

If anyone is taking things seriously it might be you (53)

Alright let's see how high we can drive your post count. I'm going to say you're absolutely one of a couple things, either A, a paranoid schizophrenic currently suffering SEVERE delusions of grandeur or B, one of those shills that's paid to make far right opinions and ideas look bad by posting as obnoxiously as possible and signalling their TOTALLY ACCURATE FAR RIGHT EXTREME VIEWS so others shy away from it.

Which one is it, chaim?

Paranoid schizophrenic then, congratulations you played yourself.

We will be arriving shortly. Look out the window.

100% agree, if anyone has the webm of him, please post it.

finish your server

Is that you Flink,are you still on about how ingame user's don't act imageboard worthy in your eyes,while it's an effective means of communication here,it doesn't lend itself well for casual conversation along with the use of game specific terms.

Your map overall isn't bad user, it just needs some TLC.
Tbh tbh the desert needs the least amount of work, keep some of the ridges and make some larger than others in the shape of rolling dunes.
The forests need some diversifying.

No I'm just someone from wwew that saw autism like the guy in this thread in our threads and in planetside, and thought it was very likely it is the same guy.

I know I trucked a nerve now, not sure why Holla Forums is living in your head. Seems a hard way of life. Considering how, twitter, the DNC, youtube and bitcoin are all going down. I guess I can see it from your eyes for a moment. Then, I need to wash up. If you wanted something I keep classy about, you're still not going to get it. No matter how many vols in your pocket. The fact remains, you are tumblr-tier cowardly homosexuals. May as well be goons.

So what's left on the discussion agenda?
Let's get this going again.

I think rates'd be better around 3x3x if possible. I also like the idea of using that map the dude posted screens from if the topography could be fixed

my bad mate,that wasn't directed to you but to the sperg.

The default for iron looks fine to me.
Having almost everything evenly distributed is best, it's just the really rare stuff we need to work on.
Last thread I suggested we have an infinite moonmetal island that is undeedable and possibly guarded by some sort of guardian creature with a fairly high respawn rate.
Now I'm not so sure since it's an exponential growth problem for the kingdom who can gather it first.
So I guess having it dropped by high level rare creatures is a better way to go.
It would require a kingdom to band together and encourage exploration.

Is the admin who created those dungeon quests here?
Have you thought about working on improving that system?
It was a very nice thing to see and I'd hate to see that potential go to waste.

I've been looking at mods and haven't seen anything to do about underground mines being flooded when they are below sea level, regardless of how far from water they are.

Don't think of mine water as a problem, that can be underground food source if you fish in it. Then you never have to leave your autism cave.

But I can't make a giant dwarven kingdom.
The only possible way is to have an extremely large mountain

That reminds me
That fish lasted me my entire hermitage

literally jesus

pls make server i want play

alternatively pay one dollar for the game on g2a and we could congregate in a public server. I'm curious about the playerbase on Holla Forums, buyfag/pirate ratio. poal.me/orsx28

Those who are interested in a Dwarven mountain village - i have planned it out, it will be an upgrade on the hall i made on Brohans server.
It will have 2 parts - above ground for village token, farming, forestry, animal husbandry and beekeeping; under ground the Mines of Broria where true dwarven men live. Will include a underground mine port as well.

Wend

How would this work though?
Mines flood and I'm not sure whoever makes the map we end up playing on will make a large enough mountain.
There's also the possibility of having someone mine straight inside our city.
How?

Hopefully the next Bro village is somewhat close to the mountains for maximum comfy village bonding between the two villages.
Messer here, sorry about dropping off the face of the earth last time, hopefully once classes let up I can start playing for much longer periods of time when the serb starts in the summer

But user think of how much butthurt we could milk in the process.

whats wrong with admins and what have they done last time?

Pls respond. I know one of you java pajeets can figure this out. Theres gotta be a way to connect to a server without needing to use your steam account to log in.

The only way it would work is how someone earlier mentioned, which is hide your power level for a year until you have so much shit built up that you can do a large amount of damage in a very short amount of time.
Also admins can take screenshots of the server and just undo what you end up doing,w hich would end up happening anyways because of the whiny carebear faggots.
I know it sounds like a lot of fun but it isn't worth it imo.

There is

We will have to use a pirate friendly server because if we don't then there goes a large percentage of our potential population.

Seems you know very little about mines there user and that map most likely won't be used, since we got some months to go - a better one might pop up.

Just use the village on top no need to split

That's why I asked how.

Is that something we have the autism to do?

Mr president please destroy work visas entirely.

I have an idea what if had a huge trench in the map, just a giant stone ravine to start a town in, people could carve a hole to live in on the sides and all the more lucrative properties and decorative stuff will take town square. Overall FPS would probably improve as well since most of the homes would be subterrain.

Too complex to explain, easier to just show. Don't want to post my plans here.

Shouldn't be too tough, if the mod/admin is on and saying something throw in the occasional "lol XD so true man" or "Haha yeah man republicans sure are evil haha" and you'd probably get along just fine. The admin usually has a superiority complex, so he'll make sure all of his opinions are known to the people he thinks are below him. So just agree with what he says, throw a greeting in when he shows up, and tow serb lines and you'll be set.

Trips have spoken - WE WANT/NEED A RAVINE IN THE MAP

Porbably not, especially if we kept the door open for new people to join.
Eventually someone would go around yelling "FUCK NIGGERS HAHA KKK HITLER DID NOTHING WRONG" and end up drawing enough attention to the group that a hotpocket admin would spend all his time watching and listening to our private conversations and waiting for an opportunity to jump on us.

Fair enough

Should we just go full made in abyss with a giant crater while we are it? Wurm would probably be better having us work with a plateau with a hole in its center? Because a bowl would probably cause half of us to slip to our death as we worked it

Ravine all day every day

Don't get me wrong, if we could build platforms over shit I'd have vouched for a Dorf Fort tier Aztec pyramid city where we tossed normalfags or halfchanners into a pit, but I wasn't sure if we got tents and if people would appreciate having to train climb while attempting to build their home. at least the local Inn would get a lot of love until people had houses set up

It's quite a tough choice for me, because Cliffside settlements are pretty fucking rad

Another thing that I wanted to do was be a HOTShead and eat cuckchan for dinner.

Once someone tunnels into your dwarf village aren't you permanently fucked? Is there a way to seal tunnels without paying gorillions of shekels on shaker orbs?

when I posted I was thinking more of a rectangular canyon/gash on two sides and then either a natural or artificial slope down into the center on both short ends with a flat center, so town square and the important stuff like the storehouse could be center and personal residencies would be carved into the rock, you could take it a step further by using a one story house with a door and a ladder/stair but no second/third story roof and use it as an entrance for two stacked cave homes.

deed covers mines as well I believe and you can make stone walls in mines.

the kinda shit we want to do seems like we'd need alot of modding for it to do, I really wish I could get us a java boi to work on our mod but no takers sadly

This really, Rolf seems like the kind of guy to code in an archaic language specifically to ensure few people could tamper with it. And since Java's claim to fame is pretty much Shockwave games and Runescape, I wouldn't go counting on an user to know it and be willing to help out

well some guy knew java but didn't want to code for us in /adgdg/

just like, make a server already

In 6 months.

…Within the week?

time to learn stoicism user I recommend picking up Marcus Aurelius's meditations in the mean time. archive.org/details/B-001-014-459

No, within 6 moths.

Yeah, nah.

I'd be fine buying you it tbh

Thank you for the offer honestly, but I have the money I just don't think it's worth it.

Only six. More than I expected, but I don't want to just leave three guys out because they're not fine with steam, that's a reason I can respect.

poal.me/orsx28 poll again for more numbuhs, gotta' tally the ranks there goyim

>especially when i spend most of that time staring

Rolf didn't get shit out of me, I feel a little bad for the Adventures of Van Helsing guys though, heard the games are good and they got burnt for another mans faggotry.

I would be willing to purchase some codes off of g2a for them tbh

Old men ruling the world.
You know what'd be fun? All the oldfags hermiting up and being forbidden to speak in non local chats. Just see how well the oldfags can teach their newfags, whichever group of newfags dominate the others scores a win for them and their oldfags.

Groups of anons on 'official' servers are best kept to a fairly small amount.

if they don't want to use steam I'd say pirate server so they're not shit on

then just select "not using steam" or something. There are no official servers for WU, only public run by some dickhole

I got it for a bundle and threw it all at bat conservancy. You fucking missed out.

based doopnigger

I own the game but would rather not keep that shit running all day on steam and have normalfags bothering me to play other shit.

I used a mod to remove me from the other players list on Brohan, as for normalfags you could just set as offline, can't you? Or you know, not friending normalfags in the first place.

g2a looks sketchy as fuck. your going to have to go out and buy a prepaid to use that site.
trustpilot.com/review/g2a.com
this was the review site they were shilling on their product pages and their front-page, I don't even see it anymore, they took it off.

trustpilot.com/review/g2a.com?languages=en&stars=1
they're getting 20-40 1 star reviews a day, and I'm sure the chinks are faking the 80% five star reviews, because fake reviews are a chink specialty.

the code from g2a can be yanked from steam at anytime and apparently often does, and it puts your steam account at risk if you really care. still, for $1, it might be worth buying 3 or 4 keys if you have to and using a throwaway steam account to redeem them, but somehow I think steam will just shoah the throwaway account. Can you even redeem a key without giving steam all your information?

this is assuming you actually get a valid key, which often doesn't happen, and the $1 is assuming they don't overcharge you card, which also happens, either was some random ludicrous amount, or they're "g2a shield" scam which they'll charge you for even though you took it off at checkout, and good luck trying to cancel it. which is why your going to have to use a throwaway prepaid card.

if this server takes 6 months to get it together maybe it'll go on sale legit somewhere in that time, it's old as fuck i can't imagine many people just now buying it for $30. they've gotta drop the price eventually.

You can't connect to the server on offline mode, it uses steam account to log in.

Wew shit lads I'm glad I got it from humble Bundle when it was $1.

Might not work very well. I've played the original brosmouth and a bunch of other settlements but I don't have the 'tism reserves to touch every single Holla Forums attempt at the game, so I already forgot a good portion of the game by now. I assume others are in a similar situation.
Another point is that your idea is gay.

Well thanks to the poll we know raiding normalfag servers would shit on half of the people who gave a fuck enough to vote so I'd say it would be a dumb fucking decision. Thanks for voting, those who did.

I cannot repeat enough that this is the sort of thing that should be the incentive for desert exploration.

Six months. Practice on your own game or an official server until shit gets worked out.

I'm surprised that poll actually looks legit.
Steam I understand but the $1US baffles me. I'm also confused as to what the poll means by "public server", as in: using an already available server or if a richfag sat down to shell out for our very own official server. Because that's what we need either way. We need our own server of our own design with our own specs so we're not at the mercy of some faggot who's going to steal our town over hurt feels.

One thing people have to keep in mind with a pirate server is that the last time we did that, the server crashed over a bug nobody could fix. If it's a pirate server we want, that's perfectly fine, but everyone needs to understand what is at risk if we do so and what happened last time should the problem crop up again. An official server does not carry the risk of a KO like a pirate server does and did.

All you had to do was read the thread

Easily addible to the map already suggested. I don't know where mapfag went, but there's plenty of space to throw that or a crater in for effect.

Awesome, they used the same lingo-words I used to describe how to make a DM game, tool sets. I think this game could have potential if designed correctly, it would be niche for sure, but a quality game, gameplay and social experience is all dependent on the guy who puts in the most work the DM to make it enjoyable. It makes me want to say its a game for people who admire meritocracy, or a collective leader. I know it sounds weird but that's the kind of people that may gravitate to this genre. By giving someone authority over your game progression, you really do have a new kind of "creative" freedom that current games don't have, which are bogged down by a sloppy world-story and setting. This new game just needs a good, quick map-structure-NPC-item table tool kit, and you can have any setting.

Hell if that's our projected numbers I'd be happy to send you fags fucking codes for Wurm so you don't have to pay antiSteam is going to have to put up with it if we go that route, sorry, but you're getting a game, even if it's through me
That being said, we are going to have to figure if we want to go through another serb with the bug crash corrupting player files with no help, or bothering with steam and all the shit that entails. I'm neutral to either but I'd chip in to help you guys get the game if we go with the latter route. **I just want to play with you guys again, and dont want to see people not play because of a minor obstacle like a price.

Honestly I'm fine with setting up anywhere, I know the maps in Wurm tend to have some limitations, it's not like a certain autist Lego game where you can almost find a place for a settlement, so desert, Plains, tundra, steppe, crater, ravine, just give me a place to settle and I'll be back in the swing of making you fags comfy rugs before long.

I'm curious which server crashed specifically because it was a pirate server? The only one I'm aware of had a spell aura that was fixed within 48 hours. It also had nothing to do with being a pirated client. As far as I can remember there hasn't been a single issue due to the pirated server/client files. So unless you know for a fact that the single line of code that ignores steam verification is the cause for things going wrong then your actual issue is that Rolf can't code for shit.

From what I've over the course of these past two threads is that some mob that the admin spawned dropped and item that was enchanted with some spell that didn't actually exist.
How someone found that out and wasn't able to fix it is beyond me.
I'm also pretty sure admins can take screenshots of servers since that's what that russian server was able to do, so again, why that course of action wasn't taken is questionable.

Does this work for the official version or just the bootleg one?

Have you tried blurring the height map? I think you should go and blur everything EXCEPT the desert area (which should be easy to do).

steam emu is how you "crack" if you want to call it that, the official client. which coincidentally also doesn't work for linux but i don't think that's an issue for anyone really.

i've opened up the java before on the client and it looks like you can outright strip the steam shit right out of the client. i haven't succesfully done it though.

It's probably too large of a scope to use an actual height map on a 4k map.

whoever's making the map, keep an eye on the dirt layer
it shouldn't be so deep that stone is 400 arbitrary height units down, but also not so shallow that you can't level without having to mine the rock layer

Remade the map to fix a few things and take some suggestions into account. As far as I can tell, I fixed the bumps.

Easy to make height map guide

1)Go to maps-for-free.com/ and find the location you want to work on, based on the Earths relief map, and download it with the button
2)Use your favorite image editor that has Hue/Saturation option and get rid of the colors so it's BW
3)Make your canvas to 2048x2048 or the other sizes and scale your image up
4)Add blur if needed (gonna need it most likely)
5)Save and profit?

Can't test it out in Wurm map generator since i'm at work, but yeah go nuts.
Incomplete guide most likely, but on the right path tho.

Hmm i think i jumped the gun since relief maps has shadows. There will be abbarations in the output if anyone tries to Wurm generate it

Okay found the right tool now for Earths height mapping tangrams.github.io/heightmapper

bump n sheeit

Get dem mountains up up up around the desert, extend the greens of Palestine down to the Suez, and I'd be a happy pupper.

Thanks to our spastic friend who stopped by, we're bumplocked until the new thread.

Glad I could help.

Good job user, keep tweaking it until we finally decide to get a server going and it will be perfect.

comfiest spots tbh

This right here my shit

pleb-shit

Needs more trees spread amongst the northern area but I'm loving it

Fuck I want to set up shop in one of them tiny desert oasis

I want to hermit up on that grassy menander on the Nile, looks /comfy/.
The shore on the cut off bits of Africa looks fucked though.

vasty better tbh

Vast improvement user, would play on.
t. guy who shit on it before
I especially love this location for a town. Clear building zone before a vast forest, river traffic, steppe next door, easy to build a communal hatred of casul northfags who can't handle the heat.

wait a minute is this map the Mediterranean because I'm seeing italy and the danube river and shit pretty accurately

Absolute crazy talk.

Feels like that the mountains are small

I actually didn't mean for the Nile to be so thicc, it happened on accident as a result of fixing the rest of the coastlines. Are you saying it as a good or bad thing?

I would but there's no way to place trees/bushes in snow without the tile under the tree being snowless grass and I think it looks ugly as fuck, I might just do it anyway though because the northern area is basically vast emptiness. Obviously lairs and other features can make it more interesting but it's still a bit boring right now.

The mountains are actually really tall. They happen pretty suddenly too in some places, but that's what happens when you base the map on a real heightmap. I like it.

Question: Where would you guys want starter deeds on this, and for how many/which factions? The obvious places to build them are real life city locations but I wouldn't want to steal your thunder in case someone wants to build there (especially Constantinople for example).

You know there is winter season ingame too, snow as a tile should be only on mountaintops.

I don't honestly know how I forgot about the snow tiles also being a thing with the winter season odd considering I had started at the very end of the Broschwitz winter season but I also agree with Mapanon that grass tiles being almost checkered in would be ugly as hell which makes me wonder if Rolf even thought of a tundra region when making these tiles, maybe theirs a visual mod for it, but who knows

That being said I'm fine either way, I'll be on the great exodus the same as the rest of you guys. also
It sounds like he is pretty happy with it, and honestly I like it too.

GET OUT OF MY SWAMP

So what's this I hear about dungeons/user-implemented PvE events? Is the user who made this still around, or does the prospective admin know how to do it? If we can't guarantee normalfag bullying, we need quest fodder.

Yeah i mean i always wanted to know what'd be like living in a place where i get sodomized by crocodiles and scorpions every time i step foot outside,on the other hand,the aussie user would feel right at home.

Isn't there a tundra tile in the mapmaker user?Because they exist ingame.you could just replace all the snow tiles up north with tundra i believe,i agree with that snow as tile should only be on mountains.

I don't mind it at all, it helps liven up the map a bit more.
Bueno.

People split up to different kingdoms and towns on Brohan, they'll probably do it again this time, too. Starter deeds as in spawn points? Brohan was a random location, might as well throw 'em where nobody would want to build. The least comfiest locations.

The hope is for dungeons and other related constructs to spice things up. Anons said about pyramids, beasties, etc.

There's a proper volcano now.

Yes i'm still here.
If the new host allows me to DM, I would like to make a few dungeons/quests etc.

With hosting, what all would go into that?

Sounds good. I wonder what the next mob to camp outside the mine entrance for a month will be.

So what's everyone been up to?
The thread's been pretty slow.

It was fine until the spammer hit. New thread soon, anyway. Mapfag's got things under his thumb, old serverfag offered to do dungeons and seems to be waiting on mapfag to respond, everyone else is playing or waiting.

I've spent the last day or so looking at public servers, but they're all pretty faggy. Most of them are one big hugfest.

All in all it wasn't a bad time, although I forgot how quick you can lose track of time (meant to screw around for an hour, lost three) in Wurm, and now I'm kind of excited to play with you fags again. I'll agree it definitely seemed like one big hugfest.Although it'll definitely have to wait until school is out for me, I bit off more than I could chew this semester, so I'm going to see if I can't dial it back a shitload next time.

Speaking of hug fests, have we found out how technically draining the serb would be for the hostfag? I was wondering how large a population we could have

Reading and screaming from the top of my lungs mostly.

doing the shittiest thing imaginable, looking for a better paying job.

Why the screaming?

Be glad you have a job in the first place user

I don't think we've gotten past 50 in pop, alts included. A quick search for official servers, looking at anywhere from $10-$60US.

Dealing with my relatives is a very revigorating experience, it makes you want to unleash mighty roars.

Waiting on guidance from the mighty serb gods.

A month? I guess that isn't so bad all things considered but I guess that's just the nature of the beast. Definitely could be worse. My offer still stands on helping anyone get a copy of the game if we go that route even to the ones who could give a shit about steam instead of the pirate server

Isn't there some 1st worlder with a spare computer and a fiber connection around?
You don't really need much to host this game.
I have everything except my internet connection is DSL.

Been tweaking the map manually
WGen doesn't let you place some of the new crops like Orange trees and Hazelnut bushes so I had to add them by hand. Also been adding some features in the more boring areas and secret stuff for explorers to find.

I am also (one of the) old serverfag, the guy who wants to do dungeons is a different guy who afaik has never admin'd before. If I hosted I totally wouldn't mind other people wanting to do dungeon content but they'd basically have to be admins to do it, so you'd have to really trust whoever it is. I don't plan on hosting anyway though so that's up to whoever does it

Realistically you likely won't pass 80 concurrent players, if you don't make it pirate-friendly even fewer. However adding extra players usually barely even registers as a blip in terms of Wurm server performance funnily enough, so this doesn't matter. Even a server hosted on someone's PC could probably support 200 players in principle. The real major performance draws are the size of the map, total number of creatures, and whether any modifications you make cause the server to shit itself with lag.

Brohan was running on a dedicated server with an AMD Opteron [email protected], 16GB RAM, and a 2TB hard drive. (Kimsufi's KS-3A offer, price now is 27 bucks a month) The machine was more than capable of running the Wurm server as well as other servers at the same time. Ultimately you will probably encounter more instances of lag from Java, garbage collection, memory leaks, client-side problems, latency, and regular batch operations than you will from actual hardware limitations. In other words, you don't need high-end hardware, but I wouldn't recommend using your personal computer either, and restarting the server regularly is a MUST or otherwise the server will just grind to an unplayable halt and eventually kill itself in agony due to Rolfcode and Java.

Thanks for the explanation on the server side of things. I'm pretty new to the hardware side of computers, so. It's interesting to hear the issues probably a good thing we all agreed a smaller map is just fine and alps the best choice with player count didn't realize monsters with map size would be the real drain, but thinking about it, the server does have to track all those mobs, and if your map is bigger that means a larger mob population the game has to keep track of.
Also I thought the guy who did dungeon stuff was the brohan admin/host, but then again I could be wrong.

Still, things seem to be moving in a great direction

Ignore the dungeon part, I'm a fucking idiot, work & classes seems to be kicking my brain's ass.

Good work everyone