Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines

Hello Holla Forums, you're up way past your bedtime, aren't you? I hope you've slipped into something comfortable; I know I have.

If you're new to Holla Forums or just new to this whole Vampire: the Masquerade thing, this is The Deb of Night, the only girl who will spend the night with you, and leave first thing in the morning…

Let's discuss VTMB, Holla Forums.

I just finished playing through the Malkavian Maze, in possession of Kent Alan Ryan's license. What the feck am I supposed to do with the damn thing? Also, that maze was pretty fucking spooky, especially those fucking mannequins.

Other urls found in this thread:

debofnight.andcuriouser.com/
debofnight.andcuriouser.com
moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/addons
nexusmods.com/vampirebloodlines/mods/top/
mega(dot)nz/#!tOAk0TgR!fIi4tNMj_vF0AUYcwEFaY9Qyi4cNNFCAriEn21fjbfE
patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/7/
tessmage.com/download.htm
projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/pospysyl/tribebook-black-furies/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm chewing on a pretty big RPG right now, but I'm interested in this after I'm done with it. I've seen the guide, but still have no idea where to start. I don't know any of the story, but I've seen a speedrun I've mostly forgotten, so I know that a balance between combat and non-combat is probably a good idea for a newcomer, but none of the classes really stand out as a clear choice for babby's first. Anyone with more experience have a more specific recommendation, or should I just throw caution to the wind?

tell that bitch that she can't smoke in the studio dammit. fucking kids, no respect for other people's property. bet she wouldn't toke up like that if she were the one who paid for all that equipment, and the furniture, and the fucking lease on this place.

I finished a gunslinging Nosferatu run for Halloween. I was sad that running around in public really wasn't as big a deal as the game makes it out to be, but then I felt like it was made up for when I became an invisible assassin. I think I'll run Venture next time and go full dominate.

You don't have to do anything with Kent's license, it's not vital, but there is a human girl looking for him causing trouble and being too loud about the masquerade, you may be able to use it to manipulate her and gain favor for shutting her up.
One of the best parts of it is how it blends in horror so well to the RPG, shame we're not likely to see another game like it.

I'd say baby's first is Brujah, maybe just because I specifically went that way, but it strikes me as the easiest clan to survive the clan as. If you're really having a hard time picking don't just go for baby's first, go for what you feel suits you best. The game is, above all else, a role-playing game. You can make any clan kick ass in combat. I suggest picking either melee combat or guns (whichever you like more or whichever fits your character more) and running them the full way. Some people say you can't beat the game with guns or visa versa but I find both to be overpowered once leveled enough and with the right weapon.

Checked

The general tips are good. I should mention that he Unofficial Patch sometimes makes odd changes. In 9.0, a powerful early-game melee weapon that was formerly hidden is practically dropped into the player's path, even if you only choose the Basic version. You won't notice most changes unless you're playing with a walkthrough (why), and maybe not even then. It's still 95% VtMB, but if the 5% bothers you, use the True Patch Gold.

You made the assertion that all RPGs are shit, the burden of proving said statement lies with you.

I wasn't trying to debate you, I'm just pointing out that you're an autist who no one should reply to.

Fallout New Vegas. Reminder that skills/perks/traits/repairing/weapon degradation/etc is gameplay mechanics, not just gunplay.

debofnight.andcuriouser.com/

I never got this one. Is it a plot thing?

I just noticed this and now I'll forever hate this image for it.

SPOILER TIPS:

If you're trying to get the Camarilla ending with Strauss you gotta still suck the Princes dick. When offered one of the factions go with the Prince but then pick the next option to join Strauss

Was she a ghoul?

You lose humanity for killing innocents but gain some by dancing for a time.

VMB thread? one of my favorite games. I feel like it never lived up to it's true potential and on top of that, nothing as good as this has ever been made. no other vampire game comes close but I would have loved for it to have been better. needed more properly done goth clothing (very difficult from what I have heard) and more character customization and generally more freedom to do whatever you want. they could have kept all the current linear aspects of the game but if I dare say it should have had more open world free roam elements added, leaving what's currently there untouched and untainted, like adding a new area that lets you break free and do whatever you want and then enter back into the linear game area zones. I hope this is easy to understand. this game gave me feels. really special feels.

here, always use this update image, works even better.

fuck the police

malkavian master race

Conversion of this game to a modern engine when

I love the old but well done feel it has. I hope they don't fuck with that.

10/10 comf.

I didn't mean to open it, but the way the conversation was structured, I thought the "open it" choice was "take the key so the other guy can't open it." (I can't remember the specifics, it was a long time ago.) Suddenly my character is opening it when I didn't want him to. Really ruined the whole thing for me.

Are there any other games that let me get all down in the weeds of society, but still be completely above it?

Reminder: debofnight.andcuriouser.com

debofnight.andcuriouser.com

too bad it needs google to connect to it and I'm not fucking letting that happen. doesn't work at all by itself.

DON'T MAKE ME REINSTALL AGAIN

It's too late, I'm already playing it.

How is redemption compared to bloodlines? Any good?

I've gone through this game I don't know how many times but never knew this.
Does it only go up to a certain amount or can you max it out that way?

I think it's a once per club deal.

And there's no limit, you can go all the way to 10. Once per club though.

nice webm

Shit, I forgot I could slap a VR injector into this.
Here I go again, reinstalling hard as fuck.

I don't think I ever tried one of the bugfix patches but the game never seemed too bugged for me.
Guess that's another thing I'll try.

Do i have to install any patches to get the gog version working or did the poles already did that for me?

open the fucking thing

No idea.

Why is Heather 'Deb of the Night'

Has anyone been able to get this to run on wine?

The GoG version has the Unofficial Patch installed already IIRC. This makes me pretty difficult to add other mods in later though, since almost every mod in incompatible with the others.

For one: lol never, for two: good. It's fine on it's current engine underage fag. Seriously though it will never happen because Troika is dead and no one gives a fuck about this game aside from the players. You update fags are the worst, just play the fucking original game and enjoy it you cunt.

Trust me, you played with a bugfix patch or you weren't able to complete the game. If you played the gog version it comes prepatched so that might be why you don't remember.

Hello, "Deb". How does it feel to see human society breaking at the seams? The men willingly watch as the inferior races steal and mate with their women. People lie to themselves and mutilate their bodies in the hopes of becoming whole. Your video games are neutered to please your weak and casual tastes. The last good video games you have are over 10 years old and that is not even a fraction of how long I have walked this earth. I will enjoy good quality media entertainment in the future long after your bones have turned to ash, but you are shackled to this point in time, and you are doomed to only know mediocrity in your short and pitiful existence.

It will all come to an end soon. When the only games left are themed Pachinko games and you deposit your blood into them, you will know despair. When the old developers you thought long out-sourced and dead come back to sell you mobile games and microtransactions, and you are forced to be online forever, will the world be swept away in a wave of salty tears.

These, are the Final Nights.

You should be good to go except for mods.

Can somebody post the source for that image? I lost it.

How bad is doing Nosferatu or Malkavian on your first run? I really want to do stealth and those are the best options, but Malkavian fucks up the dialogue and Nosferatu can't be seen by humans. I noticed if you have backgrounds on there is an option with Malkavian for "Subtle Insanity" which says it doesn't mess with the dialogue as much. Is that worth going for?

Obfuscate isn't needed for stealth run, auspex is probably better for the first time than obfuscate

Nos is good, I wouldn't suggest Malkavian as they are insane and have odd dialogue that is more fun the second time through (mostly because it can reveal spoilers).

If you're dead set on doing a stealth character as your first I'd suggest nosferatu over malkavian and save the latter for a future run. Nosferatu still changes some dialogue here and there but it's not nearly as big a deal as malkavian.
As far as nosferatu not being allowed to be seen by humans, it sounds a lot harsher than it is. You can technically still run about on the street level as long as you don't get too close for humans. Or you can obviously travel by sewer if you want.

That sounds like it defeats the purpose of playing a malkavian. I wouldn't bother with that at all.

That said I do agree that Auspex is better than obfuscate on a first run. Being a ghost killer is great but some missions you'll want Auspex for (looking at you Graveyard defense mission which otherwise I can only win by glitching).

Let's use this thread to talk about games with a similar aesthetic. Because outside of Bloodrayne I can't fucking find any.

Toreador is best for stealth runs. Auspex lets you see people through walls; Celerity lets you sanic past them.

There's another Vampire The Masquerade game. Redemption is it's subtitle, check it out some time. It starts in the past but eventually gets to the present. Not really the same since it misses a lot of the charm (different company) but if you're looking for vampires and goth horror it's not a bad way to go. Also worth mention in this thread is one of Troika's two other games: Arcanum, a steampunk fantasy rpg that's got some nice depth and character. Sad we never got their Fallout 3.

Other random suggestions that are loosely related: Thief 1 & 2 (stealth, gothic atmosphere, elements of horror), Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 (choice-based rpg, precursor to Bloodlines' style of game), Planescape Torment (complex setting, but has plenty of gothic elements), Arx Fatalis (similar style of rpg), Fallout New Vegas (similar style of rpg), and you might like the Witcher series (horror elements, I think you can even fuck a vampire, could be wrong).

If you mean just straight up vampire games I'm sad to say I can't think of any worth mentioning.

That's what I meant! Auspex I actually never use because I'm a stealth game fag, Celerity is what you need to easily beat the graveyard segment.

I meant like Urban Fantasy games

Urban Fantasy games are rare, only ones that really come to mind outside of Vampire are Shadowrun and like The Secret World. Sadly Shadowrun doesn't have one really amazing game (I love both the Genesis version and Dragonfall and do suggest them, but they only get so good; one being grindy and the other being half-baked). Urban Fantasy is more common in tabletop than video games really.

Would you do it here?

thanks
here the source and more polish child

Better to leave her with sweet memories and in a daze while you go clear out the catacombs.

She's a literal shovelhead

I didn't know people found that graveyard event hard, I finished it fairly easily as an unarmed/stealth nosferatu. Then again All I did was focus on the zombies near the door, while drawing the attention of others.

You don't need to waste time arguing with anyone about racemixing, just send them that pic and you win.

Maybe you played it unpatched? That or you got lucky and hit the glitch where they don't spawn at the second exit because patched if you only hit one door the other one will get broken through.

Holy shit

Patched, I'm pretty sure of that. And I did rotate between both entrances clearing out the closest zombies, though the back one did seem to have less that the front.

I like this game, I think it's very fun. I play it every year.

Read it in his voice.

You know that you only hear her voice in the game, don't you? She can look completely differently, like for example a hamplanet with a crew cut or a Tzimisce fleshsculpting masterpiece on a bad day and nobody would be any wiser.

Toreador is for gunning it matrix-style, because Auspex boosts your gun handling ability and Celerity allows you to dodge opponents' bullets. If surrounded, turn Presence on too and disengage.

Why do you need to do that mission anyway? You can bring to him a street whore instead.

I think that the game is boring and the gameplay is shit, writing alone won't keep my attention.

Maybe there were more on Plus patch because I was recently playing on that and I couldn't get back and fourth fast enough, same Clan as well. Just ended up abusing the fact that you can hide behind the mausoleum and they won't spawn at the gates. Could be I need to git gud however.

That's another way to solve it as well but when you're an ugly as fuck nosferatu talking whores into going to the cemetery with you isn't exactly easy and I don't know many nos who invest in persuade.

is there anything else like this online

There are indeed radio stations online, user. Listen away.

Any recommended mods? Preferably one's that let me play as a Tzimisce

I find that the combat is not as bad as people say but rather average for an RPG, and the different ways to do quests keeps the game entertaining for multiple playthroughs. Almost all passwords can be found out without hacking, for example.

If you still don't like it it's okay.

What does actually happen when you get 5 masquerade violations? Do you get a cutscene/scripted "game over" or just a bunch of goons trying to kill you at every corner?

IIRC I got a cutscene where sheriff cut my head off. But I was playing with a mod, The Final Nights or something that not might be in vanilla game

That's in the regular game too. They kill you for being a liability.

Okay i have done a few quests now and im having a blast. Trusting Holla Forums's taste in games was the right move again.

Saved

Remember to have some combat skill saves up for the Hollywood level, there's ahuge cmbat omly zone there.

God damn this game get intense. It makes me wonder how it would have turned out had the publishers not fucked them over.

Thanks user.

I never got her to do that. What are the dialog/stat choices needed?

You have to be a male, she doesn't fuck females

I did the personality tester thing at the start and got Malkavian and it was fine. Then again I'm pretty fucking deaf and can't hear any whispers that people are talking about.

It's her long-lost twin sister.

Russian games titled Night and Day Watch, made on the engine of Silent Storm?

I knew that kid looked familiar somehow, now I know why.

That was the point

Is that the bit with all the Scratch-its and other monstrosities in the tunnels?

I was beginning to lose interest in this game when I hit Hollywood, but after that god awful sewer sequence I'm totally burnt out.

Obligatory video.

My fighting Amerimutt

fug

these are the people who put gameplay above everything else, to the point where they cannot stand anything else about games

Tried reinstalling, but for some reason was getting strange graphical glitch. Maybe next time…

ok i just ran away from them
sewers were easy

That's why people don't like the sewers. You can very easily and with much satisfaction play a non combat character up until that point and then the game will fuck you in the butt if you have no combat skills.

The things are quite blind. Just sneak past.

Does anyone here cheat? I do. I give myself two research books to raise my stats because 1 extra point just isn't enough.

What the fuck is this from?

Happened to me the first time as well, take a break and go back in when you get a craving for vampire shenanigans again.

I didn't even know Holla Forums hated them, but I personally hated them. It was just a bland corridor maze that dragged on way too long. I didn't realize they would just keep chucking the boss mob at you over and over again so I burned through a ton of my ammo before decideding fuck it and sprinting around. The part that absolutely killed it for me though was the puzzles just because of how much a glitchy mess the game has been for me. Sometimes I can't tell whether or not something is working as intended

You get plenty of karma, why bother cheating?

Usually find it good to put a few points in range and get a decent gun. There are a few ways up to surface as well if you run out of blood.

Was pushed out fast by Activision and Valve didn't like that VTM would be the first game using source before their HL2 was released.

Male, high seduction. Ventrue should have no problem.

Valve are as much to blame as Activision.

Not really, it's even stated in the picture you just posted that they don't feel anything malicious towards Valve. At best, they were angry that Valve pushed back their game to spend more time to produce it, and THEN Activision's solution was to freeze their project rather then let them polish it.

Anyone else having massive problems with the postersessions quest? I'm still trying to send the fleshy ball to Gary and it's not working.

WHY DOES TAXI NEVER SHOW UP
Did I install the crack wrong?

If you're playing nosferatu you can't use the taxi. Or maybe you haven't progressed enough in the game yet

I did the mansion, I did the painting, or told her to eat shit, I did the other thing the nosferatu said to do and met the wolf fag, Idid the bounty hunter quest, I did the girl in the hospital.
WHAT DO YOU WANT!

Did you speak to Mercurio again after blowing up the warehouse? It's been a while since I played but that might be a trigger. I know he reacts to it at least.

I thought I did, I really like the game when I played it, went as a Gangrel or what ever they are called. I might do a malk the next time I go though.
I should give it another shot at some point.

Probably San Fransisco.

Are there any good clothing mods? I sometimes get tired of walking around like a pimp, although I appreciate where the game is coming from.

Shhh just let him blame valve, ne needs someone to blame, i think the game ended up as a better product for being on source than it would have other engines, especially ue2.

I stopped really using steam years ago and have only used it in the last year thanks to endless space 2 only releasing on that platform.

There's a few. Monstly replaces the model of the race.
Check here:
moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/addons
and here:
nexusmods.com/vampirebloodlines/mods/top/

I'll have a browse, I guess it's down to personal taste more than anything anyway.

I don't see how. Either the developers or Activision agreed to Valve's terms to use source. The terms being that they had to wait till HL2 was released, which makes sense why valve would do that since it was their flagship game on their brand new engine. The devs/Activision never agreed to a hard deadline which was just bad business, and then Activision released it the same day as HL2 guaranteeing it'd be completely overshadowed. The absolute worst part of all of this though was the fact that they couldn't even update their game to the release version of source which was Activisions decision. Even the person in your interview said it's not really Valve at fault here.

this

It's too late.
It was always too late.

It's a fucking maze, that's why I hate the sewers the most.

The only hard part in that game is the boss fight at the end vs that fucking giant slug monster. Holy fucking shit it just takes forever to kill it. I don't know, I was a melee character and didn't really put too much points in the melee stats so it took me forever to kill that thing.

Yeah, I just hid behind one of the braziers in the corner so she couldn't get to me and crouched under her attacks.

The bugs are really getting to me.

install unofficial patch

What do you think I'm playing on?

Which boss is that?

any word on that graphics upgrade mod everybody was excited about a year or two ago before the author turned into insufferable fedora Tipper?

Sabat mini-boss with the blue fire and shit. I googled it and 2 things fuck it up. Either mods conflicting (could be the issue because I might have installed unofficial twice trying to get this thing to run) or something to do with heathers death cutscene. I might have fucked up my unofficial instillation because I've been having culling issues and all sort of weird bugs all over the place, although all my saves are in the unofficial directory.

Who knows what got fucked up in the process of trying to get this game to run (the solution was copying all the files from the bin directory and dumping them in the main one)

After installing the official patch again did you start a new game or continue from your old save? I read a while ago from wesp if you continue from previous save when you install any new mod/patch it fucks up the variables in the save. That sounds like might be the problem imo, I don't think installing the patch again alone would cause bug

Also you should be able to just noclip to the next room, that guy doesn't have any dialogues or set any variables IIRC

I wiped my game and did unofficial. Yeah. I just nocliped. I might as well bind it to a key with how many times I've used it for things like, getting stuck in random terrain and other shit.

Ok game is done'd and it's ok
nearly not as good as Holla Forums says it is tbh

It really shits the bed towards the end and becomes a different game completely.

Don't buy it on Steam or GOG.com. It all goes to the jews at Activision who fucked over Troika, bad. The original developers don't get any money. All info here

Don't fill the wallet of the jew Kotick

So…Here is a Mega link of the original disc images and original patches. You don't need the patches if you use the restoration patch, I think. Also, enjoy a spoiler theory in pic related.

mega(dot)nz/#!tOAk0TgR!fIi4tNMj_vF0AUYcwEFaY9Qyi4cNNFCAriEn21fjbfE

he explains in his audiologsthat he has cut off contact with the camarilla

also he let those mad niggers out of their cells to shield himself from lacroix

This is such a lame excuse. By now everyone is doing exactly that, wesp is just using it as an excuse for all the bugs that keep appearing.
Me for example, I ran into 3 major bugs. The Chang brothers encounter never actually started and pinned my character in place, even noclip couldn't save me. Second, Heather never did any of her dialogue once I ghouled her, she also never changed her clothes until she got killed at the Hotel desite me asking multiple times. Third, I never got any email quests, like poster sessions, the library quest or even the werewolf blood quest, the whole thing was fucked.
Clearly there were scripts that were supposed to run that just aren't running.

Beat the game. Ending was good. Made me glad I stuck with it till the end, because I was really close to giving up multiple times just because of all the corridor shooter parts. Game left me pretty depressed though. It's like watching a good series that gets abruptly cancelled. You get invested in the world, in the locations and all the interesting characters, but then suddenly it's over with no chance to revisit it besides just replaying in which the suspension of disbelief is shattered because you know how it's going to play out.

This happened to me had to noclip around the cutscene trigger and talk to them.

The restoration patches stopped being good at a certain point when it stopped fixing things up and adding new shit in. The guy doesn't keep the old patches available so I'm actually pretty annoyed.

Did you install it correctly? :^)
Maybe the problem is that you continued an unmodded save file, try starting a new game. :^)

People complaining about the sewers are a bunch of retards, as characters in the game directly tell you that Lacroix and others are sending you onto suicide missions with the goal of ending you.
Santa Monica is full of encounters you can only solve with violence, then Downtown happens with the Plague and Venus questlines and almost every Hollywood sidequest involves combat, so the game is doing more than enough to tell the player to either ramp up the combat abilities of their character or to become a fucking master at stealth.
Simply face it, despite dialog playing a big role there never was a intended "non combat character" role made by the developers and most people that run into a wall when coming into the sewers just never really listened what the game was telling them.

Technically that was never a boss mob. The little guys with the arms and the fat guys are Szlachta, special ghuls made by Tzimisce as sentries and for combat, the big ones made from the pregnant women are Vozhd, an amalgamation of several ghuls made for siege warfare.
The true crime in the game is that all Vozhd look the same, as those bastards are suppose to be extremely rare with no one looking the same.
However good Andrei is needing the firepower, after all he is making siege to a Nosferatu nest which are basically build to be nuclear bunkers. And you know how autistic the Camarilla is about making new vampires? The Nosferatu live in the sewers and no other vampire goes into the sewer unless he is forced to, now do the math of how serious Nosferatu take the laws of the Camarilla down there.

By the end of the game you get a flamethrower, the holy grail of weapon against most monsters in the word of darkness. You unleash both tanks onto Ming Xiao in a matter of seconds and she is almost dead, you only have to breathe on her to completely kill her.

All the patches are directly available at patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/7/ which comes in a plus version(added content) and a basic version(just bufixes, no new shit).
If you have a problem with Wesp5 personally, there is also Tessera's true patch, which only fixes bugs and repairs things that were in the basic game: tessmage.com/download.htm

It's hard to stay true to the source material when your studio is being frozen with a project half finished.

Are there any other good first person RPGs or just first person games with a decent world to explore? I was really digging Santa Monica and all the world building in the first 1/3rd of the game. I tried looking up similar games and only got Deus Ex which I just got done replaying.

Nope, you now got the itch and there is no way to scratch that.
You can try games like Deus Ex, Arx Fatalis, Alpha Protocol, Gothic, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, System Shock 2, Morrowind or Thief, but while they are all good games on their own you are officially out of luck if you want another game like Bloodlines.

Life is cruel.

Damn, I knew they'd tried this game and dismissed it right away, but that's something else.

I usually focus on melee for most of the game, so by the time I get to the Hollywood sewers I have plenty of accumulated ammo despite never buying any. Even without great firearm skills I can fairly easily shoot at the three-women-stitched-together things from a distance and start running away when they get close, turning around to shoot them a couple times more whenever I get the chance. I generally spend all the crossbow, .38 and shotgun ammo there, plus some of the Glock's or the Mac's ammo.

I've fallen prey to the meme but I've already played this game with 4 clans, including malk and nosferatu.
I'm downloading the Final Nights mod because I need something new and I'm wondering what I'm in for.

Old vamps turn to dust when staked, and that body on the bed didn't turn to dust. That proves it wasn't him.

Get the werewolf ending too.

*when killed
Staking can be non-lethal, I forgot.

I'm doing a Malkavian replay with Charisma and Seduction since my first playthrough was stealth, and decided to look up if there was a way to save Jeanette and Therese. And it comes down to kissing both their asses instead of just being neutral. Is there anything else in the game like this where 2 small dialogue choices can make or break a situation later in the game?

The only consequences of having them work together is just extra XP, it's nothing too important.
Not forgetting to pester the prince about paying you for your troubles is also an important thing to remember because he won't actually reward you for your missions otherwise.

There's also the warm, fuzzy feelings you get from preventing a mentally ill woman from being cured of her split personality.

I mean just the fact that it's hard as fuck keeping them both alive. I want to see more of the game this run through.

I cheat through the Ming Xiao fight every single time and an utterly unashamed. The second half of the games is bad in general but the Ming Xiao fight is peak "Hope you picked the right build".

shoot her in the back.

Why didn't you invest in a flamethrower?

I cheated my ass off on everything with no clip except the bossfight. I was on the verge of shutting the game off because it was just level after level of corridors with enemies who just existed to shoot at you. Not in a location that makes sense or anything.

The most likely answer, Grout embraced a random crazy and dementated it into thinking it was Grout. Probably did the same for his wife before he Embraced her too. Or that's what I would do if I thought someone was after me.
Probably wouldn't be too hard to blood bond the said patient and get it to use obfuscate which under Tabletop rules allow you to disguise yourself as someone else.

Its a matter of fact that Grout is dead. He neither had the power or the insight to change his fate.

owo

It's unfinished, no amount of community patches will solve this.

The obsession Holla Forums has for this game is a bit obnoxious at this point to be honest.

Mostly correct save for 2 points:
1: We don't know exactly when grout was embraced, but it is implied that it was before Freudian practices in medicine. Failing that, he at least has been involved in the field since before Freud's time.
2: Mr. Ox is a mage, not a kuei jin. Check his aura and you'll see a color that no one else in the game has

Knowing WOD Mr Ox is probably some sort of kinda-but-not-really Mage though because ASIA IS DIFFERENT.

When it came out, I played as a Malk and enjoyed it immensely, also getting the Werewolf ending and in a replay with the community patch the "killed everyone, did not open it" ending.
Never had the urge to play as anything else, because I guess the dialogues would be boring.
Should I give it a try?
Is Nosferatu any good except the need to use the sewers?
Are there any other interesting play throughs?

Flamethrower and revolver in fan mode. Or any of the other fast shooters kill her extremely fast.
Just have to circle around her a bit.

The time of his embrace must have been realy near to Freudian times, because he was still somewhat sane when he discussed that Freud was wrong.

I did a little Malkavian and honestly it didn't change the game as much as I thought it would. You might get a response like "Fuck it's a Malkavian" and the dialogue is whitty, but the characters all react the same 90% of the time. Malkavians also occasionally get a brainwash dialogue option I realized. I only played as one of the more normal races so far.

I guess the only things that would suprise on a normal game would be that you do not know from the get go that the daughter of janus is one person instead of two, VVs old name and that the mistress of mirrors impersonated Nines.
Also the whole jester/king etc stuff.

The only thing not clearly making sense to me thinking back is who impersonated Becket saying to not open it, except if the driver or jack had the power to shift appearences or that the malk just did not recognize Becket, because Ming Xiao could not have known that box was rigged.
But then again the voices already told me not to open it and that the jack in the box would go boom and thus the whole scene seemed out of place and redundand.

Or atleast it was clear from dialogue options.
Then again I like those kind of riddles and they deliberately wrote it so that you would feel smarter than you realy are if you could predict the meaning of those dialogue options.

False, he directly says in one of his records that his embrace was 50 years ago. The game plays in 2004.
The aura of a Kuei Jin can change depending on if they are Yin or Yang dominated and if their p'o(basically their beast) is in control.
On top of that Mr. Ox acts like a typical Kuei Jin following the Dharma of the Devil Tiger and he is using the same teleportation ability that Ming Xiao can be seen using when he is attacked.

Jack might have told Becket it was rigged so Becket warned you instead of telling you straight

Deb is NWO

Could be, could also be because the x ray or what ever analysis would take 5 days or was it hours (cant remember, but I could also be misremembering that the analysis report was of the sarcohagous)? and that he thus knew what was in it and rushed to you,
the only thing throwing me a bit off is the
"You are not you" and "what happened to the real Backet" dialouge options.
How does this one go if you aren't a malk?

Just watched the bit (the modern age is a blessing and a curse).
Answers seem the same just not as strongly worded and thus the impression is more of a spooked Beckett instead of an impersonator.

Thanks guys for the interesting thoughts put in my head.

polite sage for doubleposting and answering my own questions.

Except the looking to the left and up while saying:
"Regardless what I said the last time"
And the slightly different tone of his voice.

Oh well, of to bed.
Work tomorrow.

Am I playing this game right? I'm having a hell of a time killing jezebel with my bloodmage. Blood spike hits for 30 against humans and the vampires at the warehouse but the only 8-9 on bosses. I've abused kiting to make it past the blood guardian and the first plague barer.

play the tabletop instead you filthy secondary.

Halfway through my Malkavian run. I completely missed velvet my first playthrough (I looked her up on the wiki because I wanted to see if she got cut or something). Just another case of this game hitting me in the feels. I normally dislike slutty as fuck women because all the ones near me are shallow as hell, but Velvet had a lot of signs of depth. Made me wonder if I should have given others more of a chance then I remember people like this are only fiction.

The boss fights in this game are really shit. That boss is hits like a motherfucker and tanks hard like most of the bosses. If you didn't build combat like me you basically have to run around the table in circles and shotgun/pistol her face open. If you're out of ammo you have to spam blood strike.

That's why I usually have a few points into range by that point. Scoff bloodpacks if you have to.

How come you hide your true name behind a fabric, Susan?
Malks are fun to play as. VV is my favorite for not only being a stripper with a smokers voice but the fact she plays into the Toreador way of things. The quests she has you do involve killing a huntress (Her hair is blonde, on top), and dealing with David's screenplay and finding the leak who provided him with the idea. These things she doesn't do herself which is why she uses you, manipulates you by promising you that you'll be her favorite, with a signed autograph if you kill Chasity without anyone noticing. You want to do good by her so you can get that private dance she promises you.
You do all her dirty work with a smile on your face and you're none the wiser until you step out of Vesuvius. The kind of sweetness you only notice when you're separated from them. That's how you play a Toreador.

I guess, but what about the other characters that you do side-quests for, with nothing in return other than experience? The thing that really stuck out with her was if you say something rude like "Your talent is only external" instead of becoming bitchy she just goes "The truth is harsh but that doesn't mean you have to be." Also all the flirting and niceness pretty much dies off immediately if you piss her off, so the manipulation practically ends right there. On the other hand if you don't piss her off she still sends you emails of poetry and such, which begs the question "Why is she wasting her time". She doesn't even bother with it if you make her mad.

Yet it still hasn't disproven my point, Grout could easily have embraced a random patient to act as his surrogate. He also had voices which gave him enough insight to make him paranoid about Lacroix. How would Ming Xaoi be sure that she killed the right vampire? Don't forget that Malkavians have 2 disciplines which can be used to fool her into thinking someone else is Grout.

You know for some reason the flamethrower just didn't really work for me, I wasn't sure if it was wonky hit detection or I was doing something wrong. So I just kept speeding up faster then she could keep up and just hacked away at her.

Nos is a very fun playthrough.
Firstly, there's peoples reactions to you, never gets old. Secondly, sourcing fresh blood is really easy in the sewers. Thirdly webm related

Ever wonder if this board is beset by actual vampires? There are enough jew on top of it, almost like a cover for some.

Hello Gomez

Fables Wolf Among Us is the only other urban fantasy game with a good atmosphere. It is also the best out of nu-telltale games (not that the bar is high), and the least linear one. It's as close as it gets to VtmB if you are after certain mood, but all the goth and horror is replace with elements from fairy tales. Luckily, iy tends to lean to more grim original versions, rather than watered down ones most people are familiar with.

I always assumed that he was an Ox-Head. or at least a reference to it. Ox-head is a demon who basically fulfills the grim-reaper role in Chinese folklore.

I would, but all tabletop groups I was able to find in my area are just focused on DnD, Pathfinder, or Butchering Call of Cuthullu. WoD sessions I found online were mostly populated by tumblr retards.

Good day, and good night.

WoD would be, especially the new editions which I suspect were made to avoid triggering tumblrites by implying the Bible was real.

I've heard of some of the shit coming out from WW studios and I'm willing to believe it too.

Your point is disproven by the fact that Grout was barely an Ancilla, who despite doing human experiments on his Ghuls knew almost jack shit about being a Vampire and thinks his much more experienced fellow primogen like Maximillian Strauss are followers of superstition and that vampirism is a sickness that can be proven scientifically. He even was a Caitiff until the Camarilla knocked at his door and explained the world to him. It is also disproven by the fact that if he created a child, the corpse of the child would be much fresher than his.
Insanity and the insight that may come with it is the Clan Weakness of the Malkavians, not their strength. This is also shown ingame to Malkav player that can ruin their reputation with others characters when they openly talk in a way that hints at their dark secrets.
Grout got enough insight to make Lacroix his enemy and get killed, but he didn't uncover the entire truth about what is going on in LA and even the things that Grout did find out are nothing special when it comes to the dark secrets of a Prince.
Also a thing that many people ignore is that Grout hears the voices after he meet Lacroix, he didn't hear the voices before. This all could have been the work of other Vampire to get at Lacroix, after all Smiling Jack and his Taxi driving Friend killed an entire boat of people for their conspiracy. Driving a primogen into his own death is nothing compared to that.
Because Grout is a fucking baby compared to the juggernaut that is Ming Xaoi in terms of powerlevels and abilities.
Grout was for the majority of his existence just an old caitiff, who had nobody explain to him how vampires work, how their society operates and much more importantly teach him Disciplines. Maybe he lucked out on generation, but he could be lucky if he had more than four points in his Disciplines, hell he might not even have had the Malkavian Clan Disciplines and instead just owned physical Disciplines(Potence, Celerity and Fortitude) that vampire can discover on their own in a slow and long process. He was weak enough that people believed that Nines could kill him and Nines is weaker than Lacroix or Strauss.
Now Ming Xaoi is the complete opposite of Grout, not only is she basically more powerful than most Cainites thanks to her being a Kuei Jin, she shows several level five Kuei Jin Disziplins during the end game that she could only gain through centuries of study and training. Ming Xaoi is stronger than the Sheriff and on a level where she wouldn't need an Observatory to kill a Werewolf. She could survive opening the Ankaran Sarcophagus and she does not in fact suffer her final death in game, all we do when we kill her is sending her Soul to Chinese Hell from which she can come crawling out.

The game tried to build Nines up, what with him saving your ass and him killing a werewolf with a grenade. One of the few things that really annoyed me with the writing of the game is that they clearly wanted you to like the Anarchs, or more specifically Nines.

I thought the point of Lacroix was showing off a purely social character. He has some power behind him, but nothing that is combat focused. Honestly, given the way the endings go, he probably doesn't have that much in fortitude either.

All Malkavians are connected to each other through their clan weakness, so it's very well possible that the voices in his head is just other Malkavians with a chip on their shoulder.

Know what I really love about this game, I've had it for God knows how many years and there's still shit I've not seen.
What's the criteria for that scene, do you know?

He mentions it if you go with the Anarch ending. Shoved a grenade down the werewolf's throat; which was how he survived and had the severed head of a werewolf on his bed side table when you meet him. Though, its been awhile, so I might be wrong.

I didn't get that vibe at all. If anything they wanted you to like the independents, but mixed Antifa with them to show edgy anarchy kids will try to blend in with something they're not. This is why Anarch and Independent where 2 different choices. Jack and Issac just do their own thing (independent). Then there's Nines and the other characters at the last round (minus jack) who are basically antifa faggots. Hell if you even ask the communist looking chick about Jack she says he's basically a legend to the Anarchs, meaning her little Antifa group, which suggests that Jack is friendly with but distances himself from them. He's not even with them at the endgame. Nines is the only redeemable Antifa character, and he even gets too edgy for my taste sometimes. He's almost a completely different character at the end of the game when you find him at the werewolf scene

It really just screams that they had to nix a ton of the buildup. Hell even the driver interview seemed like it pales to what it should of been. It came off like the perfect scene for being down on your luck and going through a long string of bad luck, but what actually happened in the game is they just out of the blue said "Oh everything is gone", really showing the budget limitations fucked it

You guys seem a little Groutistic.

The independent ending will also show this segment if you ask him about it.

The Anarachs are hypocrites in Masquerade so I chalk the sudden tone shift simply being rushed development, if it wasn't so rushed ideally the Anarchs and their hypocrisy would show up much more smoothly.

Yeah, yeah, keep Malking it up

Watch out don't want to get banned for posting mutts, oh wait you only get banned for making fun of americans.

Thank the heavens for apliccability and death of the author, eh? VTR > VTM by the way

You're adorable.

The problem is that you and the guy who made the picture are thinking too high up the food chain to make Grout into this special secret character you think he is "destined" to be, because hey he is Malkavian and they have this stuff in the RPG.
However do you remember what Beckett tells the player in the museum? That normal people are able to cause Armageddon just as easy as any biblical Antediluvians?
Or how Smiling Jack manages to fool the entire supernatural world of the City with stories of an Old One, yet he only has a mummy and a box full of C4?
There is a lot of backstabbing in the Vampire world and those plots don't need some Malkavian Methuselah using the secret mystical clan network to tell some unimportant Ancilla the dirty secret of an equally unimportant upstart Prince.
In Vampires there is a shittone of low level ways that could have been used to set up Grout as the Fallguy by almost any political party in the city.
For example, how do we know that Grout it truly a Malkavian? Grout didn't know his sire, which makes him technically a Caitiff and we only know that he is one, because Lacroix told us he is the Primogen of the Clan, a position Lacroix gave to him.
You read that right, the entire thing of Grout being a Malkavian could have been made up by Lacroix/the Camarilla and the other Vampires just brought it because Grout was insane and looked that way enough.
Now you may bring up that other Malkavians could tell that Grout is not one of them, but if the oldest Malkavian in the entirely of the city of LA is just an 50 year old insane Caitiff, who is living secluded and almost never leaves his home, there is not much going on with the Clan in the city.
Then you have the fact that Grout suddenly started to hear voices, which could have been done in a number of way by anyone who has the right ability in Auspex, Dominate, Thaumaturgy, Necromancy or even Animalism.
Smiling Jack could just have paid a number of Nosferatu to sneak into Grouts home using Obfuscate and talk a bunch of bullshit lies to him constantly and unless Grout has the ability or knowledge to identify them, he wouldn't know what is happening to him.

All factions in Bloodlines are hypocrites and everyone in the game is trying to con the player to do their bidding, its what is making the game so much fun.

Holla Forums here, take the red pill.

You know how I know you're gay?

I always thought Ox was a Nephandi or Fallen.

No, that couldn't be. In one of his recordings (from after he had to withdraw from public life) he complains about Freudianism displacing Phrenology and other older theories, which means that by 1900 or 1910 (roughly when Freud got popular) he had already been embraced. There might be a recording in which he says "I was embraced 50 years ago", but that recording could have been pretty old by the time the game takes place.
My guess is that Grout was embraced in the mid to late 19th century.

I'm inclined to agree. Not to say that it's impossible for him to be a phrenologoist in the 50s, but it's also important to keep reminding one's self, he's a Malk, and as such it may be fair to say that his perception of time might not be exactly Swiss Standard if you follow my meaning. In fact any vampire may well be like that, losing their perception of time and the passage of years through their nights without keeping a very intent remembrance.

Any fa/tg/uys here have any good tutorials for Mages the Awakening?

Among others

I got 10 minutes in.

I might be conflating Nines and the rest of the retards a bit there, but it does feel like you are supposed to give a shit about Nines. Everyone else wants something from you, and is trying to lowball you as much as possible to get it. Nines ends up doing a lot for your character's stupid ass early on prior to your character becoming your favorite flavor of action movie hero.

Also remember that while there isn't that much build up, you do get a blood hunt called on your ass by that point. Which was also a very awkward section seeing as there were vampires just hanging out outside.

Beckett was a rationalist in a world where being a rationalist didn't actually make sense. Still an alright guy. If we go with what was supposedly intended and the taxi driver is actually Cain, then it wasn't just Jack that pulled off the ruse. Part of the ruse that got the vampires restless was "a change in the air" which would make sense if Cain is running around the city given how bullshit he is.

I don't think there's any doubt about the Cabbie being Caine; the Thinblood's visions, the Malk dialogue and of course the game code it's pretty conclusive. Though I do wonder about what we're told about Jack more than anything else, his backstory seems uniquely uncorroborated.

The cabbie isn't Caine, he's just a Malkavian who thinks he's Caine. Caine hasn't woke yet. But he will.

By the way if you want to know more about Jack or what happens after the game I suggest looking into the old role-playing game. Jack is a prominent character in many books and there is a whole book about what happens when Gehenna comes.

Yeah no, neither of those are American.
Nice try /int/

Literally the only good thing about the Anarchs was that they weren't with Lacroix. Besides that the Anarchs could have just as easily been labeled the Brujah and you wouldn't notice much of a difference. Their just hot headed for the point of being hot headed. Not much of a surprise as to what the group would devolve into if they managed to be the dominating force in LA.

You think that's bad watch their Bayonetta review. I could barely stomach how blatantly wrong and overlooked everything they said was. BoTW is still top tier shit however

Or just read the wiki.

Deb of the night is a 450 pound fat woman, she's got a face and body for radio. All you sad fucks making OC of deb as some 6/10 are retarded, she's a 2/10 at best.

Did you guys ever consider that the recordings themselves might be decades old? It's not exactly state of the art equipment being used.

Oh yeah, wasn't Bloodlines supposed to come out like 8-10 years earlier than it did? And when you become a vampire you stop aging, Grout looks to be in his 60s at best to 90s at worst by pictures, so assuming that the game's timeline is still 2004, and Grout was bitten 50 years prior to the game's beginning, that means that he could have been a psychologist around the time when Phrenology was being discredited. It's not like they throw shit out overnight, he might have resisted. So assuming that he got bit in 1954, and giving the idea that he was a psychologist in his 20s up to his 40s when Phrenology was discredited, he might have resisted the changeover (as many learned individuals who focus on a school of thought tend to do).

Vampires are supposed to look timeless and young, but Grout really does look like an old ass man even for a vampire, so I'd say he got embraced in his 70s or 80s perhaps. So in 1954 he would have been 85 perhaps, meaning that in the early 20th century when Phrenology got the boot, he would have been in his early 30s, late 20s.

Long story short, people are assuming that Grout's entire fucking lifespan is encapsulated within 5 years or something, but even for a vampire Grout looks like he's ancient.

The wiki is missing the oh so important flavor. It will tell you the whats and whens but it's lacking on the hows and whys.

A game like this but werewolves would be better btw

Yeah, Werewolf the Apocalyspe would have been nice as a game. It's funny, Vampire and Hunter got love, but there was no Demon, Mage, Highlander, Fae or Werewolf games.

There is and was a lot of degen shit in Vampire. Werewolf is even worse: projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/pospysyl/tribebook-black-furies/

A Werewolf project was axed and the cutscenes were released publicly and before that there was another apocalypse game that never saw the light of day and that one is pretty shit. Apocalypse and Masquerade have very different audiences and expectations although seeing the political intrigue of a bunch of extreme stereotypes cranked to the gills and essentially forced to work together against an unending Evil that cannot be truly killed and is in fact winning and cornering said stereotypes as viewed through the nineties would be very fascinating. But with the large swathe of SJW devs I can just see how awful it would play out.

I always thought the one sending the player emails was Strauss, as he got interested in him from the very start and was the only one with the opportunity to observe but not get too involved.

Also, has anyone ITT read Byzantine Black? It is a fanfic, but ridiculously good and ridiculously huge. Basically, events of VTMB minus the Mary Sue fledgling and a shitton more of intrigue. Atmospheric as hell, too.

How long is this game?

You can finish it in two days. One, if you binge out.

How many hours.

At least 15. Maybe 20 if it's a first walkthrough.

It took me ~26 to beat my first time. My second time though I flew through it. The first play is always the longest because you have so much to see and explore, but if you've beaten it already you basically know where everything is then it's going to be significantly shorter, maybe even less than half.

Do you plan on doing every single side quest or just rush through main quests?

The world is tiny and I move fast and there's constant loading screens, I can't stand doing sidequests like that.

Then about 20 hours. It would take about 40 hours if you did every single quest in first playthrough though I think. There are some fetch quests

I wish Vaulderie was finished so we wouldn't have that loading screen issue. That and at the late game saving taking about 15 seconds is what keeps me from replaying this game

The major issue I have with the recent unofficial patches is the way that the power of the Dementation blood skill of vision of death has been seriously under powered when compared to earlier patches.t. Played it when it first came out and got pissed off at the game ending crash at the end of the SOL cave mission.

As a malk, I found that if you leave flame thrower canisters near each of the gate, you can whittle down the zombies to the point that you can finish them off with a sword if you have been too flametrigger happy.

Never understood the asshurt from the sewers. If you had been managing your combat points right you should be wiping the floor with most enemies.

The whole point is that if you haven't managed your combat points properly it'll be an annoying experience. Up to that point you can easily just ignore the combat points and focus on improving your social skills, lockpicking etc, but then you enter those sewers and get fucked. Especially if you play as that one bloodline that can't even feed on rats and you don't have a patch that adds the blood heal ability.

I remember it being an annoying maze because I had to go like 3-4 times back and forth the maze because I didn't toggle some switch or missed an item or something, I can't remember.

If Ventrue, then take the full load of bloodpacks with you (10/5/3 iirc).

People who whine about it quite obviously played the game many years ago and had zero idea there's this one part in the game that's heavily combat oriented and you can't even go back to the hub to buy more ammo/blood/whatever. It comes as a surprise. Quite an unpleasant surprise if you have spent your skill points the wrong way.

Of course these days the sewer level is not a problem at all because a) even those who haven't played the game have probably at least read about it and b) because the latest patches have nerfed the sewers, allowing you to even return to the hub to buy items instead of going the whole thing in one go.

Fucking Aslyum is bugged to shit where I gotta use noclip to go through invisible doors.
what's worse is that the game failed to trigger bertrum tung spawning so I was stuck.

Fuck.
even patched it with the unofficial patch before booting this up.

slightly mad

You're playing the unofficial patch though, right? A while ago wesp changed the way unofficial patch works, just opening the vtmb.exe from the folder doesn't work now you have to use use the shortcut that has the parameter to use the unofficial patch

I feel like this is the reason why most people in this thread experienced bugs. I played this game like a hundred times but never had any of those

alright thanks that seemed to do the trick.
have to do the Ocean House mission again but it won't spook me as much this time.

Nines is using the player to stick it to Lacroix and keep the Anarchs in charge, as he is the defacto leader of the Anarchs even if he denies that.
He doesn't give a shit about the player, but as long as the player exist he is a prove of Lacroix weakness. Hence why Lacroix wants the player dead and sends him into suicide missions right from the beginning.
Nines standing up for the player in the intro was an open threat against Lacroix, which Lacroix circumvented by sparing the Player. But then Lacroix had to find another way to get rid of the Player, hence the attack on the Sabbat Warehouse.
After the Player didn't die in the Sabbat Warehouse, Lacroix comes up with the plot of killing Dr. Alistair Grout to get back at Nines and he is using the help of Ming Xiao, who is technically still at open war with the Anarchs.

Tell that to the Technocracy.
The problem with that is just because a Vampire claims to be Cain, he doesn't have to be Cain. The majority of Vampires in the USA are extremely young and don't know really much of the world, if a truly old Vampire shows up he can claim what he wants and almost nobody could disprove or challenge him.
For example in the rest of the World you are a Neonate until your have lived a century, a Ancilla between the first and third century and you come into the status of Elder after you lived for three centuries, with the Primogen of the Clan being the eldest of Elders in a Region.
Now because the USA was fairly late colonized by Vampire and there is the constant war with the Sabbat you are already an Ancilla with 50 years and can become an Elder simply by being the oldest one unlive around you. Smiling Jack is a legend and he is just a young Elder in the eyes of the World.
Also LA is already special because the Kuei Jin started to move there after staying for millennia in Asia.

The entire World of Darkness is full of degenerate shit and you better avoid anything printed after 2015, also most of the fan base is quite toxic.
HOWEVER Vampire: The Masquerade and all other subsequent games started out as RPGs of "personal horror", you play a characters that is living in our modern shit world, who gets turned into a monster and has to survive and even worse world.
The point where you get the World of Darkness and not just play Vampire as Superheroes with fangs, is the point where you realize that all that degenerate shit was originally meant as adversity that is thrown at the player as a challenge.
So while there is a lot of degeneracy at the surface, the World of Darkness can become the greatest Holla Forums table top game that is out there if you get the right people and GM to play it.

Only if you have been blind the entire game.
Combat is so important to the game that different NPCs give gratis combat stats to the player depending on your Clan, if your combat abilities are too low at certain points in the game.Additionally every Hub World raises the skill challenges by 1-2 points.
Even long before Hollywood he game has the tendency to throw the player into combat scenarios which they can only escape through violence.
First with the Blood Guardian in Santa Monica, then the Plague Questline in Downtown and basically every quest in Hollywood primes you for the Sewers, with combat in basically every side mission and the main quest is outright showing you what is awaiting you in the mansion before the Sewer.
In the unpatched Version it was even worse and you couldn't do the stealth way in Fat Larries Parking Lot Mission, which means you had to kill every Gangster armed Uzis and Shotguns at a point where almost nobody had any real combat skills.

The fireaxe in the Ocean House hotel?

Damn. I used that thing as a crutch during a ton of sections of the game and I wasn't even suppose to have it.

Same here. It is probably the melee weapon I use the most in a playthru. It'd be a pain to get through some areas without it.

Yup, nothing like being an otherwise stealthy Nos, ripping shit up with the fireaxe and a nice dose of Potence when the game throws those combat heavy sections at you.

Not really. Sure there's a lot of combat but you don't need to invest your skill points to combat in order to finish those quests. It's easy to underestimate the importance of combat skills especially when things like hacking, lockpicking and social skills are so much more fun and rewarding.

I always play safe and boring on my first playthrough so I had no problem with the sewers but if I had decided to make a more fun and interesting character the sewers might've caused a problem. Without the sewers and the fight against the chinese slug monster you could easily finish the game without minding much about the combat even in your first playthrough. In fact maybe the biggest problem I have with this game is that you get all these cool skills but every now and then you're forced to invest some of the precious skill points to something boring like brawl or whatever.

I take objection to that. Anything that boosts your Unarmed rating is a must have for mid-fight feeding.

Depends on the race you play. Malkavian for example can just hysteria+feed most basic enemies.

Still, I wasn't saying it's useless but that it's boring when at least I just wanted to max out all those other skills that allows you to hack computer, pick locks and get more dialogue options out of the NPCs.

Anything new in modding and patching happened in 2017?

I think its time I am trying my hands at writing a combat guide for Bloodlines.

So I know you can get Becket to give you free upgrades to your blood powers if you go Gangrel But what I want to know is if similar instances happen if you roll a different bloodline.
Like would jack teach you about celerity for brujahs something.

Beckets upgrades happen if the particular stat he's going to upgrade is low enough. Either below 3 or 3 and below.

When you talk the first time to Nines in Downtown and your Brawling is below 3, he he giving you one point in it.
Equally after the Elizabeth Dane if you talk to Nines he gives you a point of Meele if its not over 3.
Fat Larry can give you a point in Finance.
Bertram Tung gives you a point in Computer for the CD you can find in the Nosferatu Warrens.
Romero raises your shooting skill for doing the Zombie quest.
And Beckett teaches you two times, once in the museum if your Scholarship is below 2 and later after finishing the Giovanni mansion he can give you a point in Investigation or a Gangrel discipline if you are Gangrel.
There are possibly more, but to find them you need to be the right Clan and have skills so low that they make playing difficult, especially since some skill point can only be gained if your dialog skills are high enough.

By all means, go ahead and argue your position. Should be good for a laugh.

I always thought it would be cool if the bloodlines hubs were merged into one big map with some basic transitions hacked between like the final cab ride. something similar might be possible using the bloodlines sdk version of hammer since nothing else plays along with the particular bsp format.

anyone else just look around the maps and enjoy the atmosphere when they play? somehow I find the environments an order of magnitude more compelling than the vast majority of the (more technically advanced) games that came after vtmb.

Does anyone have that excerpt from the rulebook about the magic of vampire menstruation?

Why are guns so shit? Did I make a mistake maxing out my firearms skill because those jumping fuckers in the mansion and sewers are impossible to hit, it's easier to just run at them and spam M1 with fists.

get a shotgun doofus

Shotguns are a single projectile. They don't work on pellets and even then the shotguns have rare ammo, pretty low DPS low mag capacity and slow as fuck reload.

Pretty sure the devs implied it to be Caine but Whitewolf made it non-canon

Which clan are you? Combining firearms with disciplines like Celerity make them OP as shit IIRC. Or maybe you don't check with Mercurio often so have shit firearms

They are, I'd just use an axe or sword to handle them even on a gunslinger playthrough.

Reading such guides for RPGs only ruin the experience. Almost like writing spoilers for it. Most people who play it these days use the unofficial patch that nerfs the sewers so it's not necessary anyway.

What? Not when I used them.
It's sold by ever gun vendor in the game and found almost everywhere
It's a shotgun. Of course it's slow to reload. If you're still having problems use an uzi. Shit spreads but that's probably a benefit to you. Besides that guns aren't meant to be used outside of certain situations.

user any Game that is claiming to be an RPG has the duty to explain the rules under which it operates, Bloodlines sadly does a terrible job of it.
For example its never mentioned to the player, even indirect, that the things in the Sewers are Ghouls.
Ghouls are humans that can Soak Lethal damage and at least in the Pen&Paper version of Vampire The Masquerade, every Ghoul has the discipline Potence.
The last thing is kinda problematic, because the Ingame version of Potence is making your Meele/Unarmed attacks do Aggravated Damage.
Not only that most of the Ghouls in the Game use Claws as weapons, not just the Things in the Sewer but also some of the Ghouls in Grouts Mansion.
Now the Game is saying that Werewolf Claws, Fire and some Disciplines do Aggravated Damage, but how about these Ghoul Claws? In the Pen&Paper version they would only do Lethal Damage.
All of this is really important, because if Ghouls commonly do Aggravated Damage Ingame, this means that by early Midgame you can basically forget about defense or blocking because the only way to avoid Aggravated Damage is the Discipline Fortitude and an late Game item called the Key of Alamut.

Even worse to calculate the damage your weapon is doing, you need to know the armor class and defense of your enemy. Good luck finding those out Ingame, because the game is telling you jack shit about it.
And lets not get into how you automatically do less damage once the enemy AI notices you attack pattern.

I dont get it

DON'T OPEN IT

I don't think I've ever had this happen before.

About Kent:
You talk to Skelter, Ken't ghoul is a becoming a problem. You have to deal with her. She's waiting at Confession club on your right when you enter. As far as I know, you can drop the license.

You're a piece of fucking shit OP. Stop introducing this masterpiece of the early 2000s to demonic Nazis on Holla Forums

This. The game is one of the last pure things left untouched by Nazis, normalfags, kikes, or SJWs. It's time to keep it under wraps. We've all played it by now.

==Love== me some vamps

implying any living being on this board doesn't know VtMB already

they have people whos entire job is to bug test shit and they never bothered to test an entire clan? Imagine if WoW was released and the undead all crash after level 10 because not a single bug tester made an undead. I would expect someone's head to roll for that kinda shit.

You're comparing a flagship product with something the publisher had already written off and was doing the bare minimum to shit out a release.

maybe but blizzard wasn't expecting WoW to be the 6 million hit that it turned out to be, they were expecting 200k at most.

still way more than VTMB but still.

Activision already wrote the game off as a loss and released it just to get whatever money they could back.

Why in fucking hell would a vampire be capable of menstruation.

Eating too much blood, having rough sex with a BVC (or something of similar size), latent fetus stuck for centuries in a development phase, magic…

First of all menstruation isn't just bleeding from the vagina, its the entire uterine lining being shed. Imagine if once a month your penis shed its skin.

It's probable that the testers, likely a third-party at that, weren't wholly aware that Nos would trigger things differently from other characters and subsequently let Jimmy and Steve go through it with their prettyboy Ventrue and "Cool, like, werewolf" Gangrel skipping over the ugly one.

The Pen&Paper version of Vampire The Masquerade has a point buy system depending on what kind of character you are creating, part of that is that you can buy Flaws for your character in exchange for additional points which can be mental derangements, supernatural weaknesses or that your body came back wrong from death and has some quirks that other normal Vampires don't have.
Another thing is that the first Edition and in the beginning of the second Edition Vampires was heavily centered around the horror of losing your Humanity, part of that was that when you have really high Humanity you can emulate your body to act human again and that some of the supernatural weaknesses that Vampire suffer from are lessened or even vanish. This came with its own story about the mythical state of Golconda, were a Vampire has managed to be such an awesome human being that he becomes the Übermensch free of both the flaws of Vampires and Humans.

user there is the medical term of menstruation and then there is the basic term normal people have understood for centuries. In the vampire case this means just bleeding from the pussy, as organs in vampires are like dried plums.
It actually does that, just not all at once.

There seems to be a lot of love for this game. What makes it so great? I could use some quality RPG and just got done playing another game using some mods based on its vamp lore.

!

Immersive as fuck. Really likeable/interesting characters. The events kind of fuck with your head. The missions are weird and interesting (like tracking down the makers of a snuff tape to figure out if demons where involved). Atmosphere is amazing in some levels. It just is really complex an interesting. Classes also have variety (nosferatu can't be seen on the street, malkavian changes all dialogue options, some classes can use their powers in dialogue such as dominate/dementia) Until you reach the sewers of Hollywood. Then the game dies off.

It's one of those cases where you have to look past all the flaws (Some of which weren't even in the developer's hands) like janky animations, buggyness, clearly unfinished parts that become more prevalent as the game goes on to enjoy it.

Is that person purposely cosplaying a Nosferatu? Or is it something else?
Also that's a girl right?

VTMB but remade as a Isometric CRPG.
Good idea or awful idea?

In theory - fine, in practice, I don't think it would work so well.

That's not a question you are allowed to ask anymore, user.

You were never able to. There are no girls on the internet remember?

Got this game when I was 15 or 16, never played it and I don't even know why, couple months later I mentioned it with a "friend" and he borrowed it

that was 14 years ago and I never seen that game again.

What did I miss?

Just fucking play it and find out nigger. Don't pick Malkavian or Nosferatu on your first playthough though.

yes sir

what does the guide mean by DON'T OPEN IT?

Jesus dude just play the fucking game and stop asking questions. The less you know about the game the better.

It's hard to even talk about that without spoilers.

Honestly dude just don't open it. Even if you don't give a fuck what happens. Game is so brilliantly written it'll still make you regret it.

Don't hint at this shit. Let him open it if he wants.

You sound like someone who opened it. Don't worry I did to

I didn't until my 3rd play through but I see no reason you should compel others not to.

Well I noticed the don't open it meme and kept it in the back of my head when playing the game for the first time. It went from something I would have shrugged off to making me genuinely interested in what would happen. It's like the circus in Dwarf Fort.

I'm really glad I played this before I saw any of the "don't open it" memes. It's essentially a spoiler.
I opened it the first time around.

I guess. Most of the game is building up what's inside and I probably wouldn't care if I haven't seen it prior to playing. Although the "Dont open it" made me constantly wonder what could they possible throw at you and I even suspected it'd just be vampire dust

All the gehenna talk and the occasional "don't open it"s if you explored dialogue made me curious enough to open it.
The game does a good enough job of making you wonder without outside influences while at the same time telling you it's a bad idea to open it. When someone outside of the game tells you not to open it plants seeds in your mind that messes with the narrative you experience. But that might just be my extremist anti-spoiler opinions talking.

Playing for the first time, didn't read the guide before. I chose the Tremere chick because she looked cool in the picker, and blood magic sounded awesome. But so far, I was betting on melee combat because guns in the game are almost 0 fun.
I'm on Hollywood, have done the Cemetery thing although it was hard as fuck and I had to try almost twenty times, and helped that faggot escape his club through the sewers. Is it possible at all to go on focusing on melee + magic, or I will just get rammed later on? Playing the GOG version. So far, I'd say except for some three or four combat moments, the game is being really easy to beat, but a lot of fun nevertheless.

I'm playing on a wangblox box, but recommended game to a friend of mine and it did work on his arch with wine. He had some trouble with the sound, but I believe he fixed it quite easily.

I'll check it out. Thanks user.

Anytime I go through the sewers, the shotgun and magnum are enough to clear out most things.
Gangrel or Brujah I'd recommend for that, Brujah get Presence, Celerity and Potence while Gangrel get Animalism, Fortitude and Protean.
Chinese brothers, Song of Shadow, Manila Gorilla.

Yeah, I got on those sewers after making the post and fuck yeah, it grew my appreciation for the guns. Still, I'd like to finish the game I started, and what I was asking is if I can continue it with my Tremere character and her points focused on melee, or if that's going to prove impossible, and I should just start putting points on firearms? I have level 3 at that, and was planning on investing a lot on blood magic and seduction before adding anymore to it.

Extra points for clarity, thanks a lot my man.

Having 4 in Firearms should be good enough. You want max in blood magic for the Cauldron of Blood spell.

And as for clarity, I've already provided it.

TBH the game got so shit towards the end I wouldn't have cared if it wasn't for the memes. I still don't understand the He is coming one

Ok gotcha. I'll definitely play like that in my second run.

I finished the entire sewers section without raising firearms specs yet, and it wasn't even hard, just amazingly boring. Still, around the second Nosferatu character I talked to after that, I was already thinking it was totally worth it, and enough reward for all the hassle, just to get to those dialogues, plus that precious 90s hacker culture reference. Characters are incredible, and people who complain too much or put the game away, even with all the painful parts, gotta be dead inside not to enjoy all these compensations. It's one of the best universes in a game, ever, and I honestly can't imagine what sort of stuff someone who disliked this game is into when they play.