10 years ago a legend was released to the world. Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden turned 10 today

10 years ago a legend was released to the world. Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden turned 10 today.

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years but here we are, the sequel still isn't out yet and I haven't heard a peep from the developers. Who knows, maybe some day. For now, if you have yet to play one of the best JRPGs on PC, now's as good a time as ever. If you have played it, what are your memories with this classic?

You can download it here:
talesofgames.com/related_game/barkley-shut-up-jam-gaiden/

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

THE SEQUEL IS DEAD

I remember when the Sequel was supposed to come out in 2015
Then again Bannerlord also was meant to come out in 2015, and Star Citizen as well as MGS:V

Reminder that this game was made by a goon.

this is true, and it does reveal a lot of goon insecurities, but it's still a fun and funny game.

kickstarter [dot] com/projects/talesofgames/barkley-2-an-rpg-sequel-to-barkley-shut-up-and-jam/posts/2008665

Looks like the most recent update was Oct 2017, so a few months ago.

It's not being shilled by a corporation so and not being released when I want so its dead.
t.nu/v/

Well I guess that's more than you can expect from your average Kickstarter, I guess.

So? Yoko Taro games were made popular by a goon. Are you doubting Yoko Taro?

Drakengard is shit so yes.

Didn't you guys see the latest Barkley 2 trailer?
That 2023 release date wasn't a joke. They meant it.

What

Go on…

why do you think the save pumps go on a diatribe about anime/jrpgs

That's the example(s) that came to mind, yes. I was just assuming you spotted more examples that I missed.

That's actually just copypasta from someone who basically went on nonstop rants, it's been so long I forgot who it was.

I didn't like it that much.

Nigga where the fuck you been
The economy was still good and Europe wasn't filled with Religion of Peace™ in early 2008

What is this? A nigger dick fantasy?

I'm not altogether certain. Shitlibs adored it, but it was full of racist tropes about black people. I don't think they ever used the term "basketball-american" outright, but it's about a bunch of black basketball players in a world obsessed with basketball. Back then, I was also a shitlib, and I suspected that everyone who liked it was a closet nazi for laughing at what seemed to me like bald-faced ridicule of blacks as a race.

I doubt I'd like it any better now, though.

>>>/somethingawful/

Sum up the appeal of this shit in 10 words.
To me it's just "lol niggers in a jrpg"
niggers arent funny. they arent cool. their "music" is shit. they make every setting a little bit worse with every breath they take, so what's the appeal? How am I wrong?

Le edgy ironic hipster humor coupled with unironic self-superiority.

>>>Holla Forums

What? He asked for the appeal in ten words, and there it is, near as I can figure.

Dave Chapelle
Aaron McGruder
Terry Cruz
Earth, Wind, and Fire
Michael Jackson
Stevie Wonder

I can agree with making the places they live a worse place but not funny or good at music is a straight lie. sage for off topic

Of course they're useful. That's why we enslaved them.

go choke on jamal’s dick

get out jew

thank you for proving my point

Reminder that goonshit does not belong here

Sage

Did SA make the game or something?

Whatever floats your boat, retard

When I first downloaded it I didn't realize it was being ironic. I thought it was legitimately an rpgmaker game about basketball made by some black weeaboo. I stopped playing shortly after the intro. It was only a couple of years later when people were talking about it and praising it that I went back and played it.
Barkley 2 is the only kickstarter I've backed

do you regret it?

yes

That was a big mistake.

Okay, so the appeal is just "lol niggers in an unfitting setting"
I'm disappointed, but it's about what I expected.

Nobody gives a shit. In fact, the world is better now that some retarded mongoloid who can't form his own opinions isn't playing this kamige.

Nice.

A friend has been buggine me to play this for a while now. What's so unique about it gameplay-wise?

The gameplay isn't particularly unique, it's imitation rpgmaker (made in gamemaker so that they could at least have Paper Mario style action commands). If you're going to enjoy it, it would be for Charles Barkeley and Michael Jordan as characters and the Space Jam expanded universe setting.
If your friend's been bugging you you might as well give it a shot since it's relatively short. You'll either enjoy it or delete it after the first twenty minutes.

Honestly if you're playing a JRPG purely for the gameplay you're a retard anyway.

I'm excited for fishing.

They better have it fuck up in a way that it's not a retread of Running Man's fight.

Welp, now I'm glad the sequel is dead. Just imagine all the Trump jokes, SJW buzzwords and libshit snark.