I'm looking for quality games to run on a old linux laptop

I'm looking for quality games to run on a old linux laptop.
Specifically a X200s thinkpad.
Currently I'm playing shadowrun dragon fall. and it's working pretty well.
Anybody have recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

keeperrl.com./download/
dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/851)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

emulate sega genesis

Try running Windows

search your repo for games

linux version of terraria, emulation as some anons suggested, old games from gog by using playonlinux or wine **old translated eroge*, shenzen i/o.

thanks, maybe I'll check out terraria

Read a fucking book.

I've been playing Fallout 2 and Deus Ex via WINE on my old latitude

I'm reading The man in the high castle.

Yes! Those are both excellent games, don't think I ever finished fallout 2, I'll try that next.
Thank you.

Urban Terror
Cube 2 Sauerbraten

They are probably not as active as they used to be but I believe there should still be a handful of servers around. They are multiplayer fps btw.

I've had issues where Deus Ex, when run under WINE, would be a lot darker than on Windows. I've heard that it's related to OpenGL. Have you found a fix for that? In my case, the game is dark enough to affect actual gameplay.

Battle for Wesnoth, Nethack, OpenMW for Morrwind, Alephone for the Marathon games, Arx Libertatis for Arx Fatalis (get the git version though).

keeperrl is free on itch if you don't mind ascii
think of it as a bit simpler dorf

Either mess around with RetroArch/Emus or try Devil Daggers. The classic is GZDoom with WADs or Quake & its mods.

linux? but why
get a console

You mean the demo? Because it says it's $15 for me.

fish fillets

keeperrl.com./download/
scroll down

the dev also gives game for "free" if you donate to any wildlife charity at least 15$

Thanks user, I'm on my tiny laptop and didn't see.

Ur-Quan Masters.

It runs fine for me. But I've never played it under Windows so I have no comparison

Unreal World

these look great, thank you

It's an "old" (2008?) laptop and running linux on it gives me much higher performance and security than windows would do.
[spoiler]I already have a console[spoiler]

I'm on almost the same model running Debian. Here are some games I've had good luck with.

>This port/remake of Dungeon Master and Chaos Strikes Back (dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/851)

For emulators, PPSSPP for PSP games is good. Mednafen runs all of its systems like a champion (PSX, GBA, NES, SNES and a bunch of others), and there's Mednaffe if you want a GUI. Stella is good for Atari 2600 games (all 5 worth playing!). Some DOSBox games like Daggerfall or Tomb Raider will need you to set cycles to max. ScummVM, of course, works fine.

Here are the games I currently have installed through Wine.

I've also had luck with Unity engine games like Cuphead and Ultima Underworld Exporter. Just make sure you run them with the '–force-opengl' flag. Deus Ex works great if you use DeusExe (legacy version) and switch to the OpenGL renderer. Fallout 1 and 2 used to run like shit but now work like they're native ports. Arcanum was 100% playable other than longer loading times, which may have been fixed since I last tried it.

Your life will be much easier if you use Lutris.

Adjust the gamma in-game, though that messes up the system's gamma for me after exiting. So run 'xgamma -gamma 1' afterwards or launch it through Lutris so you can check the box to automatically reset gamma.

librebooted x200 here
I'm currently running Dwarf Fortress with no issues.

Run it in Wine and you'll never need another game in your life.

lol have fun running that unbelievably poorly optimized piece of fucking shit Mono port on an old processor.

It works pretty well on my X200. Usually get 50-60FPS though have drops in some places. If you set the lighting to Retro among a few other tweaks it runs way better.

say which console, let's see if you're cuckchan or not