Rust is "leaving" Early Access

…but it's still being called an Alpha

It's also getting a price increase, from $20 to $35

archive.is/S9ybh

Post yfw you didn't fall for this Reddit scam.

I wonder how rottenredditor feels

Good question. Anyone got some screenshots?

It’s dead

At least i got to see some people fuck around on it,no money wasted,but something gained at the very least.

Got it for cheap back on a humblebundle. Got me through some stressful times when I'd play every night with some friends.

Game falls apart when you realize you'll never escape the tedium cycle of having to start from scratch when raided. Fun until you reach that moment though.

Painting shitty paintings was relaxing.

That's a nice painting user,got any more?

My friend buyed this game for me, i played an evening(4 hours).

Things have gotten more dire since the implementation of blueprints which get reset every 2-4 wipes. It usually takes 2 wipes to farm all blues.

Isn't the whole Early Access thing because steam doesn't want unfinished games being sold as full size ones? I doubt Steam will let them.

That's pretty funny.

Checked the few other screenshots and recordings but I'm afraid not. I'd mostly draw Kirby or Curly Brace (or signs for chest-item classification that no one would follow) because I'm unoriginal.

Blueprints got re-implemented? A friend that had played for far longer than I told me about blueprints, and that they'd been removed.

Do you not remember how Early Access came about in the first place?

No i understand what you meant,i'm just saying it's completely failed that intention with all the shit being pushed out as fully developed games.

I think I can guess how he would react:

Theyre back since 4 months now. Theyre just another layer of grind not even disguised as gameplay.

Steam should limit the early access time to 2 years. If you don't finish it in that time your game gets removed from the store, you can pay to put it back up but only as a finished game. There are games that have been in early access for more than 5 years, that's absolute bullshit, they can't hide behind "it's just an alpha!" forever

Are there NPCs? Can I pirate it and play a single player “campaign” of sorts, or is it just “Minecraft and survive as long as you can while griefers kill you”?

No single player. It's Minecraft designed specifically to fight people and defend your base

Subnautica was in EA for 3 years but had a full release about two weeks ago.

I've been looking for these, that was a great fucking thread

I imagine there's been some attempts to slip ai into it by community members.

Nah subnautica is still in EA,i believe the full release is in a couple days though.

I forgot this existed as a game.

He's probably posting furiously to reddit about it right now. He still shows up in the agdg thread

Rust is among the most repulsive games to me. It looks awful and from what I've seen it's just Griefing the Game. It's fun to watch griefing condensed into a video, but why would I subject myself to it?

Fucking destroys me every time.

sasuga

It's fun when you get together with some people and start ruining everyone's shit, otherwise you're likely going to be the one who has their shit ruined. As for griefing in Rust, it gets really fucking boring most of the time since the only people worth killing are nakeds, since they can't fight back. Going after people with actual resources just starts grudges where one person tries to one-up the other and vice versa.

he still posts in /agdg/ sadly

What in the fucking shit? Are the fucking serious? What the fuck?
>tfw you have over 200 hours in it

My fucking god how horrifying. Rottenplebbitor, tf you can read this, unironically kill yourself.

Is he an idea guy too? That'd be perfect. :^)

They probably saw ARK "leave" early access and decided they wanted in on they sweet shekels.

example pubg 1.0
its still looks and plays like an alpha
early access has failed as model
ps. pubg is alpha of game mode ripped from dayz, its completely worthless and complete waste of time thats never going to get better.

its not, its never going to be

By the way, the game is actually REALLY fucking fun when you play it with friends, even better if you're playing with friends you've known for a while. I have some screenshots from last year where me and some friends actually came across of a couple of glitches while roaming around looking for shit to loot.
Playing solo can be fun I guess. It can be a decent inna woods simulator with a huge sense of danger and paranoia that some random faggot will see you breaking barrels and follow you all the way back home and fucking murder you with a python revolver right when you open your door. That sense of fear being used for fun is a double edged sword. It always keeps you on your toes, and there's satisfaction in surviving long enough to make a decent house, but if your fear comes true and some faggot kills you and takes all your shit, or raids you, it all ends in so much fucking anger and sorrow.

Rust as a whole is a mixed bag.

On the upside to that,fortnite is fun.

Tell him to fellate the business end of a loaded shotgun and pull the trigger.
also link his profile :^)

a ‘producer’ and best is he wants to make a rust clone

I swear, we're going to see this fucker on the news one of these days.

Oh shit,we've come full circle.

But that's even better.

I really like watching people on here pretend to know things. It's entertaining.

Problem is that it's basically only possible with a group of friends. If you could have a "stash" that was inaccesible to anyone except you to use when you got utterly annihilated I think the game would be improved a good bit, just to make rebuilding no so fucking awful. I'm currently rebuilding with my friends and it's a lot of harvesting materials and hoping you don't get shot before you can get them back to base.

big argument is commitment,
a proper budget and timeline would get the game done in say 3 years,
instead all these early access devs keep fellating their fanbase for crumbs of money(now with lootboxes), finish a few skins, make 1-2 important fixes a month, then abandon games after they either get bored or go bankrupt

That thing exists, it's called a "shash" and you can hide them underground.

nothing gets done in say quarter
instead devs add stuff when they "feel like it"

You meant stash, right?

Did Garry get his business advice from Randy Pitchford or something?

It's actually called sash irc.

Huh. weebposters are both assholes, and morons. Interesting revelation.

I'm not a weebposter though. Check the ID's you cocksucking nigger.

Wasted trips. It's a STASH you illiterate faggot.

Hey, English is not my first language, so stop being a Jew.

Real original
For what purpose though

You can always google a word to learn the proper spellung you know.
lel

Doubt it. The only way beta's like him show up on the news is when their ran over by alphas in BLM street protests.

FUCK

I don't know anything about this game other than it forcing you to be a nigger forever and screenshots that make it look like every other shitty indie game ever.

The only things you're missing is that it's broken behind the scenes, and 12 year olds will rush to endgame to spawnkill everyone.

I made a mod for it, I dropped it once they put blueprints back in the game, and started investing most of my time working on my own game, instead.

I actually have been shitting on Rust since the dawn of time. The only time I praised it was on the official Facepunch forums and really only to be polite and shill my mod.

I'm not an ideaguy, I'm actually working on a proper game of my own.

You can at least not lie. I'm not making a Rust clone. If you want to meme about it, it's really much closer to Minecraft. It's a sandbox.

Jesus Christ, I didn't think my autistic fit would continue to make waves 4 months later. For what it's worth, though - the guy with another ID actually was someone different. I left the thread halfway through and only saw the screencaps after my other Holla Forums buddy sent them to me.

Post your steam page faggot

Oh, and the server itself spawns its own version of "griefers" to make your life a living hell after a certain point in progression.

here

there's nothing to double down onto, though. I've admitted multiple times that I had an influx of autism into my brain when posting in the thread that got screencapped.

I guess that, by your own standards, you'll have to crawl into the oven too. :^)

You're just cruising for another bullying at this point.

With the thread open dipshit. I can crop that shit from pics in this thread.

I guess.

calm yourself, autismo. Here you go.

Facepunch did make the game I was modding at the time, though. Only fitting to go there to promote the mod.

Ok cool now fuck off.

What your nigger brain still doesn't get is how far user's memory goes. If I were you, I'd fuck off.

no u

I never left

Find keep posting attention fag. I'll grab some popcorn.

Progress screenshots?

This is much bigger than "a bunch of jpegs".

Please do.

I don't have much in the way of screenshots, yet - mostly vids of animations and basic stuff that I was toying around with while setting up the player character. Right now I'm working on the procgen, but with the shit I've got on my GDD, (every object is visibly destructible and persistent, including terrain etc.) I've been sinking further and further into the autism that involves into implementing it. I've spent the past week reading up on the way proper, big boy voxel shit is done - just finished implementing octrees and currently trying to wrap my head around dual contouring. Then I'm going to have to figure out how to voxelize existing polygon meshes and I think after that I'll be able to cobble together a more-or-less playable demo for an /agdg/ demo day.

BEGONE BACK TO REDDIT

You're further then most people who want to make video games here are,at least.

Thanks, my dude

Y'know what? Good on you for having the balls to own your shit, rotten. Here is an upvote from the hurtbox.

Now stop attentionwhoring and don't sperg out like Yandev when your game gets shit on and anons might wind up secretly caring. Best of luck on your project. Shit ain't easy.

also got it cheap off of humble bundle.
its an up and down cycle personally I play around fresh starts where no one is fucking loaded with gear and ars and shit just practicing pistols etc then get bored.
playing with people is a must

Thanks, user. And I'm not really attentionwhoring maybe a little, who wouldn't enjoy it? as much as trying to stop people from making shit up. There's plenty of real things to rag on me about.

STOP GIVING ROTTENREDDITOR (YOU)S! THAT'S WHAT HE WANTS!

Do what you like, but for me, you will always be the archtypical redditor that runs counter to all we hold dear. You are as naive like a sheep running with wolves, and you are poison.

And there's my confirmation. Back to your containment site.

Don't tell me what to do,you're not my mom.

Maybe he should start tripfagging so you retards can suck his dick harder

user, stop being so tsundere

Last time I checked the whole point of imageboards was not to be an ideologue faggot

Someone who doesn't have a hole in their life to fill with the acceptance of people they don't know on the internet. Shut up while you are ahead, faggot.

More like introverts who don't like attention overall.

It is not an ideology in not wanting faggots like you in here. There is a reason redditors are not welcome here, and it is not because of a superficial reason. You still care about what people think of you, you still refuse to lurk, and you crawl back here with your "project" to really show us how much you've improved and manipulate us into "accepting" you. There is no acceptance to be had here, BY ANYONE, because the point is not to let identity get in the way of discussion. Do you now understand how it sounds like a pretty stupid fucking idea to start whoring yourself in a board with ANONYMOUS users?
We have had namefags and tripfags before, and each and every time, without exception, they have been faggots. Now GTFO.

He's clearly been browsing the site for fucking months at the least, and he's never made himself known until people start directly talking about him. Clearly the person that gives a shit is you, who's so fucking buttmad that a redditor is on this site you won't rest until he leaves. Sounds like you're the faggot who cares about what people think.

But I mean the only person letting my identity get in the way of the discussion is you. You're the one raising the stink. I think you're too caught up in trying to make this whole imageboard thing your identity and now that someone you don't like is invading your safe space, you're getting triggered like a little babby.

the absolute state of 8ch.

I mean, I think RottenRedditor is a massive cock munching doubleniggerfaggot, but I gotta say, it's like you just keep trying to put out fire with gasoline. You keep giving him attention and (You)s.

We lost the battle against newfags
Now the question is where are all the oldfags? because we have been leaking users if rumors are true (haven't checked the stats)

I've been here since the first exodus, you self-important faggot. The new fags are the people who a desperate to keep their "secret club" status.

When was the first exodus then?

You'd know why opening the floodgates is a terrible idea if you were not a newfag. Fuck off back to reddit.

Some decided to leave the internet as a whole.

If you were here since the first exodus, aka the 2013 one WAY before GG you would know this place was sealed away to avoid people faggin things up
Now if you mean the GG exodus, you would also know we sealed the place in October and cried to the four winds when Freddit and Marky Mark invited Plebbit in December/January, who did damage but nothing compared to the next summer, to the point many of our contributors jumped ship

Think before posting, we were desperate in terms of avoiding attention at some point

If you weren't retarded, you'd know the difference between "opening the floodgates" and "ruining every thread bitching about reddit"

Tell us, what's the difference

Don't bully ESLs, anons. They bring diversity to our multicultural board.
Remember, diversity is our strength.

Hang yourselves you fucking morons. There is no hope for you.

That's not what I said at all.
Posts were dragged out for a while with a lot of time in between, and I expected a much bigger shitstorm, but instead we got jack shit, and he was just attention whoring instead of trying to redeem himself.

This tops the time I found Alphablaster's plebbit account
How the fuck did I miss this thread? I feel ashamed of myself