NIHON FALCOM THREAD: Laughing at NISA Edition

DON'T FORGET TO SUPPORT THE GAMES (or not if it's a NISA/Aksys release) AND SPOILER THE SPOILERS

- NISA have pushed the PC version of Ys VIII back once again to an undefined date. They have opted to give the game to another developer to finish porting it.
- Ys VIII to be ported to Switch
- Zwei: The Arges Adventure has been confirmed to release on Jan. 24th for PC.
- Tokyo Xanadu eX+ has been released for PS4 and PC. No changes were made to the localization.
- Ys VIII released on PS4 and Vita. NISA fucked up the translation. Examples: imgur.com/a/58G3W Translation fixes are slated for a Jan. 30th release.
- XSEED have ported Ys SEVEN to PC. It is available now on Steam and GOG.
- Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection has been released on Steam and GOG.

- Cold Steel 3 released in Japan. Remember to spoiler the spoilers.
- Cold Steel 4: The End of Saga to release in the fall of 2018 in Japan.
- The full Trails in the Sky trilogy is finally in English. They are available on Steam and GOG and were recently updated to include Turbo Mode.
- Trails of Cold Steel I is now on PC through Steam and GOG with gameplay enhancements and newly voiced lines of dialogue.
- Tokyo Xanadu released on Vita. Aksys fucked up the localization. Examples: imgur.com/a/RgUTF
- ToCS II confirmed for PC with no release date available. New voice work is nearly completed. It is expected to release in 2018.

- Trails from Zero fan tl at 51%. Ao is 79% translated, but not edited at all yet. A beta of the Zero TL from 2015 was leaked. It is full of typos and sounds like robots are talking, but it is at least coherent from start to finish. Play only if you are desperate. Machine TL of Azure has also been released, and it is as terrible as you would expect. It is completely unintelligible.
- Brandish 2 Renewal has been completed
- Ys VIII fan retranslation project has been cancelled until the official fix is released. The team wants to see if NISA can fix the problems. If not, the retranslation will continue.
- The Legend of Xanadu I & II Dub Project is finished. English tl patches coming in the next months tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.html
- Also in the works: Dinosaur Resurrection and Vantage Master Japan

- Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection
mega.nz/#!Bw5SURQK!fsrMwjX72trMpoXK3Vx6kKn7cgcj1h5sf5E1OSqgA0s
- Trails of Cold Steel: JP voices
mega.nz/#!WkUyhDbb!B8dXNO2aBwNHibQ7tjTCyQLrX-bbBUV2jkZVUYxJ0Q4
Dummy files (Required to write over the newly recorded English dialogue)
mega.nz/#!AoVmhDoL!h7fYCD14LQD14Ema9zWVvqHZegYJX2PF9EYWbn3x-DM
Magnet: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6A260B5B9AA460EB5A71AA88A5B314583DF419D4
Merge the JP voices and Dummy files into one folder and dump that folder into the voice folder.

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/UmqIS
kiseki.wikia.com/wiki/Gambler_Jack
store.steampowered.com/app/748490/The_Legend_of_Heroes_Trails_of_Cold_Steel_II/
gog.com/forum/general/interview_xseed_talks_jrpg_localization_and_marketing_part_1_93300
gurennoheyakara.blogspot.com.br/p/games.html
twitter.com/supremezerker/status/958149715090137090
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=ricotta_(ys) sumiyao_(amam)
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want to fuck Adol

What if cold steel was a girl

Gay

She’d be hot but edgy

How much is Kondo steaming inside from this absolute shit show?

I always see comments along those lines, but face it, user. Falcom doesn't give a shit about what happens to their games in the west.

Apparently they do somewhat since they made NISA re-translate YS VIII after fan push back. If they didn't care they would've released NISA's original shit filled translation.

He's probably too busy sucking his NIS buddy's dick to care about what happens in the West.
If he really cared what happened in the west he would have made a Falcom International by now, he has enough sale figures/data to easily convince board members to fund a branch.
Hell if Idea Factory can make their own International branch when they're much smaller and make less money, then Falcom has no excuse.

Heh

Probably didn't want to listen to months of crying like when they used the word "trap"

How can one company be this incompetent?
Why does people still give them jobs!?

because the french market

Weaklings.

What did it say?

archive.is/UmqIS

I wish it was possible to learn Japanese.

I saw this tweet earlier and knew there would be outrage. kek

Still better than apologizing for it at the very least, but its shit
XSEED isn't perfect but they're okay
They have some real faggots and whores on their staff. I checked out their tumblr blog and it was beyond cancer.
At least they haven't let it seep into their work (yet) but I still worry. Why can't the west have some actually competent localization teams?
I forget, does Atlus and Sega have localization branches? It'd be nice to get them to localize a Falcom game for once

Everyone's gay for Adol

Wasn't the Akiba's Beat translation shit?

:^)

That user meant their politics. Like here, as long as they don’t let their politics into their games they have a leg up on the competition. Akiba’s Beat was fine for the most part. The biggest problem it had was gameplay.

I heard people complaining about the translations of the names. Wasn't sure if anything else was messed up.

Any word on if they managed to get the PSP assets redrawn for Zwei 1's localization? I remember them saying something about trying to get a hold of the artist when they first revealed the game but said it likely won't happen.

The only major change was the in game company that was called KKK in japan. The source material was pretty shit even before the localization

Atlus seems to be mostly fine now but they used to be real bad with changing chracters race and stuff. However since they struck it big with P3 they've just been limited to occasional cringe lines. Also sometimes they have left lines untranslated in, SMT4 if you had a specific party makeup with a certain combination dead in a specific fight you would find it. They copped to it and said oh we missed that in testing and just missed it, however they refused to patch it saying it would cost too much.

Sega on the other hand is pretty weird they have not censored or changed anything in a while. While doing Yakuza 3 they got shat on for cutting out a bunch of the mini-games. The game sold like crap and after 4 they kind of stopped localizing them, until Sony threw them some money to do the rest of the games. Last year though they put out Yakuza 0 and made a point of mentioning how they left the entire game intact. Even including the video store where you can watch live-action gravure model videos. They kept it all in and the game sold really well. So I don't think they will go back to censoring shit until people stop buying their games.

Sega seems to have a translation team seperate to atlus, but they don't really do much, just a few random 3DS games and some miku shit. Even then they don't try very hard, for example, Puyo puyo 2 on the 3d classics game was left completely untranslated and the first miku game didn't have proper english subtitles. Atlus for a time was more focused on publishing indie games on steam than translating anything not from the parent company.

Isn't Sony translating the games for SEGA though? I know they did 5, at any rate.

What possesses people to do this? Stick to your guns you faggots.

The translation deal was only for Yakuza 5. After that Sony just does some promotion for the yakuza series but nothing else for sega

oh no there's more than one of him

A situation where Anton meets up with his family and they all make fun of him because he still can't fuck a chick.

Bau can you fuck her?

yes

Thanks user

I thought SEGA had in-house translation.

They made the western version EDF2 (and probably EDF3 but cant tell for sure since i only own the imported jap version) with its own dead online, because they never released the 1.01 patch present on the japanese version, thus creating a rift between the West and Japan. I still get to play japanese players the game online regularly.

I stopped trusting localization teams for a long time, and not even XseeD is exempt of fucking up shit

They do.

*i still get to play with japanese players online regularly

fuck

lame

reminder that archives should always be on caps like this

Biggest cancer I saw on Xseed's tumblr, this brittany person needs to be eliminated

I do wish they would add yuri to those games but
No thanks.

Level 5 master quartz are broken as fuck.

Brittany is the one who’s fairly responsible for bringing over Trails as intact as they are and is responsible for the scripts not being filled with memes as she has described herself to be very dry when localizing. Becky and her dad being an exception. So long as she is not inserting her politics into the games and keeping it consistent throughout, she’s fine.

As was said in the thread earlier I'm fine with Xseed for now but this shit is still something I consider a big fucking risk for them in the future

This CS1 drama CD is pretty long. I'd just like to confirm, it's totally safe to read this after Chapter 6, right?

It takes place between Chapter 6 and the Final Chapter, so yes, you should read it right after finishing Chapter 6.

heh

You don't tell artists to change their vision. Ever. Whether a JPN dev wants to put in loli lesbians or not is their own decision. American localizer should just translate the fucking game or bow out if it offends them. I want to play a FALCOM game not an XSEED game. I don't care about anyone who works at Xseed or their political views.

Its funny how none of these SJWs understand that they are just neocolonial arrogant missionaries educating the poor ignorant Japs how to organise their society. The Japanese used to behead people like that.

Read what I posted.

They elaborated on this during their Yakuza streams. SEGA approached Sony for help with releasing Yakuza 5 in the west, and only Yakuza 5. 0, Kiwami and 6 are all SEGA only.

All the content in those games came across untouched.

They even promoted 6's livechat and keeps emphasizing that it hasn't been removed at all.

In my time on this Earth I have learned one thing: people lie.

In reality 17YO gravure models sell your game. Wish people just admitted it and do away with the hypocrisy. Until then Japanese games will be delivered to closet weebs in non descript Amazon boxes.

whens zwei

Today

That's so far away

XSEED WHERE IS ZWEI YOU SHITS

Launch trailer is up
Literally just launched 2 seconds ago

Someone at gog must really like the Zwei franchise because the zwei games are the first xseed releases that they didn't delay a few hours from some reason.

Is that Anri Okita?

Yes

Yea.

Where the hell is the config options in zwei?
I want to increase resolution for windowed mode but the in game option only lets you switch to fullscreen

Usually most Falcom games have a config program inside the game folder. You can try looking there.

KUROSUBERUUUUUUUUUUU

That's the first thing I did, but there is nothing like Zwei 2's config application

Is Zwei fun and worth buying and how long is it?

Not That Adol.

My fellow man of good taste and honour, except with a very high amount of melanin.

She never got it back.

Are there JP voices for the new Zwei anywhere? A gog install would be nice too if anyone has a magnet. Also, what are the odds that Zero and AO's fan translations will be done before the release of CSII on PC? Or does that not matter so much? I'm just desperate for some more Trails.

The first one xseed released was pretty good, I don't know exactly how long, but it depends more on how you play it. I spent about a week going through the story and collecting everything on the side, but there's stuff like the arcade and new game plus that I didn't bother with. It's a classic with interesting gameplay, but not a standout series like Y's or Trails.

0%. Zero won't be done for several months. Ao's might, but it might be a low quality translation like the one that currently exists for Zero.

When the fuck did Xseed go full fucking Tumblr?

When they removed the ages from Senran Kagura.

But is playing CSII before Zero and AO a bad idea? I don't want to spoil anything.

So if XSeed is one cunt's promotion or lack of oversight away from being completely pozzed and everything else Falcom in the hands of NISA… I don't want to have to try and learn Japanese, again.

Learning Japanese is the only way you won't be at the mercy of localizers.

Even if you do get spoiled you won't know you got spoiled until you actually play the Crossbell games. However, there is one section of the game at the end where you get to play as Lloyd and Rixia in Crossbell.

anyone got a magnet to a GOG zwei 1?, the steam crack is fucked for me

Thats better than nothing, thankfully. I hope we get all three sometime this year.

Did you try running in compatibility mode?

Y O U
C A N ' T
L E A R N
J A P A N E S E

Personally I don't think the spoilers you'll get in CS2 are a big deal, but I guess it depends on how tolerant you are of spoilers.

Yeah, I realized Yin/Silver/whatever was Rixia once I saw her weapon.

Since the beginning.
They have always been lefties, but at least they don't fuck with the translations (all that much compared to the rest of the localizers).

I'm not sure why some of the people on Holla Forums seem to treat XSEED like they're the vanguard of good translation.
The only thing they do differently is have a slightly wider scope of what they consider "acceptable" for their (((localized))) titles to contain.
They still have memes. They still "lightly" suggest devs censor their games.
The fact that people think that the one person in the company keeping them from being another NISA is some Jewish faggot who has proven that he isn't capable of being professional is dumb.
Tom is a willing scapegoat that they use as a mouthpiece to claim they did their best to keep avoid memetranslations/SJWisms.
They've been tightening the rope for years
Once they think they have a market base that will always buy from them such as NISA has they will drop the facade.
They can't currently do that because they tend to only get niche series that people WILL stop buying if they notice the faggotry getting too severe.

XSeed has always been full of leftists, but they're leftists that don't believe in altering the source material even if they don't like it. The top brass wanted to age up the Senrans, for example, but Tom put his job on the line to just not post their ages instead to get around Canadian laws.

So no, I wouldn't want to spend time with any of them, but I can respect their professionalism.

wat. Tom said himself there was nothing external forcing them from changing/removing the ages, it was just his co-workers bitching.

I view localization as more like
like better system compatibility, optimizations, performances, and additional content that's in no way intrusive or feels like shit, like an extra animation here or there, or like what they did with Zwei in terms of commissioning an artist to make CGs to go with those collectible bromides and getting Falcom's permission to do so
I also don't think Xseed is nearly as bad as you put them out to be either. Their opinions are cancer, their work is not. You're not wrong with your likely assessment of them trying to do more shit if they could get away with it but for now they're fine.

You dopey cunts have to do this every thread. I only have enough patience to visit this one thread on this shithole board; expressly for any news on falcom games. I guess I'm just not young enough to deal with these theatrics, really, what's left to say that's already been said in every thread about localisers politics/drama? The absolute state of this place is far too painful for me and I cannot understand what pushes anons to make posts that are so abhorrent, so consistently.

It's just like 8 battle grunts user

As if that isn't enough to ruin something. Ragna sounded like an ill-fitting, annoying shit in the dub in the first (second) German Two. That said, his nip voice was also awful and far too nasal so the best option was to simply turn voices off. More games need to allow you to do that, a disappointing number of them don't. The recent update for Shantae, for example, has you play as her three friends. All of them have extremely bad voice acting. Sky sounds butch as fuck despite being the most feminine looking one. Bolo sounds like a generic male, which while not offensively bad as the two girls, doesn't suit his idiot self. Rottytops is the worst of them all, with some voice that I can only describe as a young teenage girl being lolsorandom and trying to sound cool. And you can't turn off voices.

You sound anal retentive, i would mute you.

At least you've come to realize that being able to mute people is good, especially if they have horribly unfitting voices.

Just stop shiting the thread

I'm playing through SC now, and I wonder how the bonus BP system works.
On some quests it's pretty self explanatory why you would get bonus BP, but on others I just get bonus BP for doing nothing ordinary.

Tom was fucking stupid there. Acquire didn't get the rights to all of the store names in Akihabara, so they did parody names. One of the stores ended up being called "KKK Witches" and all of XSEED went "Umm do they know what that sounds like?" and so obviously all of them except one person (Tom) thought this should be changed for localization purposes, since the signs had no meaning other than to avoid legal copyright. And so they suggested a bunch of sillier names (Hatsuu's was "PBG Sandwitches"), but then Tom somehow said it was some "2deep4u" joke because it was "shockingly funny" and they all went full "Are you a fucking moron? There is nothing funny about it". The second XSEED emailed Acquire about it, they didn't ask them to change it; they just explained them what it meant and Acquire apologized immdiately and said it wasn't their intention (and IIRC they even changed it on their own in the JP version before launch).

It's not censorship if that's not the meaning; the intent was meant to purely avoid copyright, it wasn't meant to hurt or offend anyone. What's ironic though is that he WAS okay with changing it… if they switched from being offended to people of color to women instead ("Witches" > "Bitches"), because he said one offense to the other. So Tom's "selectively" fine with censorship, like in Celceta where one of Roos says something about fucking a monster in the ass (in runic language and you gotta translate it), but it was taken out because it's obviously a rated T game.

Tom quite frankly seems to put up a much better persona online than I get the impression he does in his work, and seems like a bit of a hypocrite (as shown here ). Needless to say no one at XSEED stands by that bullshit but Tom and they localization output is constantly great, especially their Kiseki staff. I would definitely not llump them with those hacks at NISA.

Given that I'm not paying for any of this shit, what's the best choice between the Zweis and Tokyo Xanadu?

Zwei II's design and gameplay actually made me appreciate Tokyo Xanadu's better tbh. Guess you could play them in release order, but all three of them are good games.

Please consider buying if you liked the game and thought the localizers did a good job, even it's if during a sale.

I throw them money for Kiseki. They're not getting anything for decade old shovelware.

Zwei II and Tokyo Xanadu are newer than the Sky trilogy though.

Also, caring about offending women

Finished Chapter 3 of TitS SC now. This ride just keeps getting wilder hot diggity damn. I'm loving this series even more every chapter.

I also just realized that I missed Gamber Jack #5 because I didn't fucking talk to some goddamn jerk-off in the coffee shop when asking around for Renne and apparently that's the ONLY time you can get it. I'm a little miffed; such a pain in the ass. I'm not redoing a huge chunk of the chapter just for that, but god damn it I was getting into the story after GJ #4. I really liked Doll Knight though; glad I could read all of that in the Calvardian Embassy at least.

You should be able to find chapter 5 online pretty easily. I think it's on one of the wikis.

So is this a problem across other users or is my 360 controller on it's last legs?

I was pretty shocked with that twist about Renne. I mean I knew SOMETHING was up; I guess it should've been more obvious WHAT she was given her capacity for "hide and seek" and riddles like Phantom Thief B
she's still cute though, and I want to headpat her. Also, Lorence seems pretty okay for a murderous master warrior.

oh sweet, found it
kiseki.wikia.com/wiki/Gambler_Jack

I'll keep up with it that way then I suppose especially now that I've picked up GJ #6

Not going to be the only surprise relating to Renne. :^)

It's acting weird for me too.

The 3rd spoiler of sorts if it worries you. It'd be my pleasure.

store.steampowered.com/app/748490/The_Legend_of_Heroes_Trails_of_Cold_Steel_II/
February 14th.

Sooner than I expected

I have never paid for a single Falcom game and I am boasting about it.

Go tweet it to Xseed, nobody here gives a fuck

You cared enough to reply, dullard.

I feel like making new primers with using the ones in the OP as a base. They're getting quite outdated. What kind of changes, if any, would you guys like to see?

Why not tell us what you were planning on changing about them first?

Generally, besides updating for what came out or will come out (both officially and by fans), I'm thinking of better fleshing out the gameplay explanations. I'm thinking of making these more PC version focused.

For the Kiseki Primer, my main limitation is that I haven't played the Iseruhasa duology, the Gagharv trilogy, the Crossbell games and the spinoffs. For most of these games (Crossbell games being the exception), I'm not changing much outside of formatting and fixing typos. Debating about mentioning the differences between the base games, Evolution and Kai.
Of course I can probably get away with just focusing on the Kiseki series and leave the other games as mentions in the introduction and maybe footnotes.

For the Ys Primer, it's more of a time for a not ugly guide. Creepy Dogi stays however. I might do this one first since it's more straightforward.

Here's a full list of changes/improvements in the PC version:

Graphics:
- Arbitrary resolution and FPS settings (Up to 6k and 60 FPS officially supported, minimum resolution 1280x720)
- Image quality settings: up to 8x multi-sample anti-aliasing, transparency supersampling, and anisotropic filtering
- Shadow quality, distance and filtering improvements as well as additional shadow casters
- Postprocessing improvements, including HBAO+ as well as higher quality depth-of-field and glow effects
- Ultrawide aspect ratio support (e.g. 21:9)
- Field of View (FoV) adjustment

Input:
- Mouse/keyboard controls with full rebinding support
- Selectable button prompts, including mouse/keyboard and several controller types
- Gamepad button rebinding
- Option to disable camera auto-centering

Quality of Life:
- Turbo mode, with configurable speedup factors for battles and field traversal (automatically stops during timed battle input prompts)
- Autosaves with configurable autosave interval
- Instant resume feature which allows you to resume directly from Steam to your latest save
- Options for skipping startup movies and logos

Audio:
- 5271 additional lines of voice acting
- Uncompressed background music quality

lewd

Durante is a fucking God
Goddamn

Is there a word for the artystyle they use in Trails? It's the same as in some of the Ys games, with the nice 3d scenery but almost sort of a sprite thing going on for the characters. It reminds me of the original Grandia and I like it a lot. I finally got around to buying Trails 1 yesterday, on GoG. Not far in but I like Estelle better as a main character than I do the vast majority of JRPG protags. She is the main character, right? I'm not getting rused by the game?

Thanks nisa.

Oh shit that's way sooner that I thought, I better get to finishing that NG+ playthrough with Towa's ending

You deserve it for expecting anything out of NISA, kill yourself

If the script is shittily translated like the recent video previews would have you believe then its fucking pointless, NISA needs to be eliminated already

I really can't play trails games without it anymore. I have no clue how I tolerated the playing them without it.

That's for coldsteel 2 not Ys VIII. NISA never improves games for a PC version, they don't even know how to port games to the PC

She is, but just for the Trails in the Sky games.

Yeah, I knew the Cold Steel ones were in the same world but with a different cast. That's just about all I know about the games. She's a nice change of pace as a protagonist.

Ah, then that's a good thing

There's also a series between Sky and Cold Steel (Zero and Ao) but those games only have shitty fan translations.

fucking beautiful. Bless you Durante

I decided to take a look at the Falcom subreddit, I wanted to see if it was cancerous or tolerable as small subleddits are actually capable of being tolerable places to be, but its just as cancerous as you'd expect from leddit
What happened? I thought they helped with the email campaign? Were they always this cancer?

Monkey see, monkey do.
They know that in the past similar email campaigns were organized without their input and succeeded. By half participating in another they can pretend they were instrumental as part of the campaign because, as we all know, reddit has the biggest communities for everything and the internet succeeds and fails on their whim. Then they get to ass pat each other for months and use it as a bludgeon when people say they don't like reddit.
I'm not sure which party you're referring to in this case, do you mean the Falcom subreddit, Nintendo fans, or NISA cocksuckers? the answer to all of them is yes
Nintendo only showcased Ys VIII because its one of the few games they currently have that isn't 1st party, a port of a far older game, and might let other people know

Is there a fix for the occasional stutter in Xanadu Next? FPS remains 60 but game still stutters from time to time.

That difficulty image is the most triggering to me tbh.

Thanks Falcom.

Is Angelica dead yet?

I'm suddenly reminded of the review that complained about items in Oath being "invisible and off the beaten path" and whined that the game called them bad for repeatedly dying to the first boss.

Cold Steel 3 wants you to think so, but given the fade to black nature of the scene I'm guessing no.

Over the course of two 80 hour long games and one reportedly 100 hour long game all you can get from her characterization is “waaaah I don’t like her because she’s gay” you have serious issues.

Except 90% of her lines are in reference to her cunt lust.

They might not care what happens to the game in the west, but trusting a company like NISA only for them to admit failure and give up is a huge loss of face.

If you choose to put blinders on, go for it.

I want to force her into heterosexuality with my dick.

LOL

How can someone write so much and still understand nothing about why those games haven't been localized yet?

What is it with retards and NISA. Why would you support a company that has proven time and time again to be completely incompetent?

That's bullshit, who doesn't like converting lesbians with your dick? Its literal conquest

and I thought I found some bad shit there.

Might be a shill or a NISA marketer

aaaa

day*

LOL

Blame spineless women in Japan. A lesbian like Angelica is not at all threatening to their chastity, so they can get away with lusting after girls like her with zero consequences because they are not gonna get pregnant.

Having only played CS1 the only reason I haven't written off Angelica as utter fucking garbage is that I hope she gets fleshed out in 2 or 3. In 1 all she can talk about is how gay she is, except it isn't as endearing as Oliviers playfulness because Angelica is portrayed as a strong character, physically despite me finding her shit in the V and C fight and in terms of status. She's a high ranking member of the nobility and she practices taito. The problem lies in that unlike Olivier she isn't the butt of any joke. She has no Estelle or Mueller to intimidate her into keeping herself in check, the girls aren't grossed out by her and she just doesn't say anything funny. To me she felt forced and I don't think CS1 would have been at any loss if she had been taken out entirely. The one time I remember her having character was her standing up to her father's troops and owning up to the consequences in the mines which is alright but doesn't really mean anything if two other characters(maybe more, I forgot plenty regarding CS1) also had the same moment(Jusis and Alica).
Plenty of NPCs had better character than fucking Angelica.

So I'm at the end of CS1. Is actually grinding to lvl 80 in the final dungeon even possible, or would reaching 80 require NG+ playthrough? The stuff you get for that in CS2 is fairly irrelevant, I know, but I am curious.

On the topic of data transfer from CS1>CS2, I've heard that apart from the dance partner, whoever you unlocked as an option is also transfered to CS2, can anyone comment? I even read the supposedly accurate guides on this, but in the end I somehow unlocked Crow, which I thought I didn't, and despite doing every Towa bonding event prior to festival I failed to unlock her. T-thanks. She wasn't my dance target, but STILL.

I'm tired of existing
this better not be you fishing for (you)s user

Getting to 80 is a massive slog even with several playthroughs. I got to 76 or something like that from three runs with a bunch of high exp modifiers and then just used the golden poms that were in the DLC I pirated. In the 70s your experience gain turns into essentially nothing even against the most exp rewarding enemies in the final dungeon.

Don't know the exact dance event mechanics, but choosing to go alone to grab the costumes sets you up with Crow for some stupid fucking reason. A lot of people going for Towa are probably going to pick that in an attempt to avoid getting locked into a romance with someone else, and get fucked for it in return. I speak from experience, though I did unlock her as a dance partner anyway. Are you sure you didn't miss any of her events? By the way, you're going to need to replay the game in NG+ to get all the master quartz, so you can use that to fix your mistake. Turbo mode is a wonderful invention that every JRPG needs to have. I accidentally clicked on do not bump instead of spoiler images. I am a retard.

wew

Tons of people have that fetish, you don't know what obscure and fucked up is.
I bash myself over this countless times because I also have a fetish of having an heterosexual relationship with the girl next door while cheating behind her back with a trap

You're an abomination

I know

g

a

y

That’s criticism of how they wrote the characters around her and not the character herself. The arguement is still “she’s gay and I don’t like it” ignoring her entire character.

people like you is why Falcom fans get such a bad rep, your argument is "user doesn't like gay characters and i don't like him" ignoring his entire post.

Where? I barely see anyone talk about Falcom games outside of here, what reputation do they have?

some gaming sites and halfchan Falcom threads which always end up in either a circlejerk or a shitshow, on my circle of friends and to me which seems the net the reputation is akin to Undertale mainly thanks to fanboys that are unable to take any criticism towards the absolute perfection that is Falcom, if you don't like it you are a low IQ hater, FF fanboy with low attention span or whatever buzzword so people give up any reasonable discussing and it all turns to Falcom is perfect vs Falcom is pure shit and everyone else just kinda walk away.

Yea just passing by but Angelica and the utter inability of people excusing the character to even actually address the negativity she receives properly just turns me off to the games which is a shame seeing as how I like these kinds of games(jrpgs with relationship mechanics)

Played Ys I recently. I like the idea of the combat, but it's pretty boring how every enemy behaves exactly the same, no difference except raw stats. I also really don't like the fascination with making bosses almost unbeatable unless you get to them with the right conditions. Unless you're a high enough level, or have the right equipment, a boss takes almost no damage from your attacks. Either you're forced to die and come back later, or spend 30 minutes chipping away at them without making any mistakes. So what OP's pic says about "no grinding" is kind of horseshit, only after killing enemies for a while and gaining a couple levels did I inexplicably start doing 20 times more damage against bosses.

I was pretty sure I didn't miss any of her events, but only spent one ticket on her during the festival, since I was sure I had enough bond with her due to the chapter 5 trigger. Bike event is one of the possible triggers in addition to link exp, as I've read… but according to that I should not have unlocked Crow. Hard to say in the end, but I unlocked him and 4 girls.

Finished the game just a moment ago. The epilogue boss was a mistake. Now I wonder whether I should reload from the festival and try again for peace of mind. Well, NG+ is an option, but I dunno if I could make it before CS2 at my pace even though there's still 2 weeks.

To be fair, CS3 does murder both of the characters people dislike, so maybe Falcom is learning.

celine a shit

blade I a shit

It works like this: whoever you have the option to pick as a dance partner in CS1 gets a special line of dialogue when you meet them again in CS2 (that basically ties in to the last thing they say to you). The person you danced with gets a brief shout out at the very beginning and they start at link level 3 instead of 2 but otherwise the choice doesn't really matter nor is it brought up in the story. Ergo, picking Crow is a complete waste if I recall with Towa being almost as useless. Sara is a full party member in CS2, so she's definitely worth it.

I highly doubt any but Millium will stick. And even she will probably be a talking sword.

I just checked and I definitely didn't miss Towa's library event, so I dunno why that wasn't enough. Maybe spending enough tickets on her is necessary after all.

On the topic of the dance event, though, I'd like to confirm: I chose Laura, and she was there in the final scene, pic related, so who's there if you choose Sara, Towa, or Crow? And if you choose any of the other guys, do they also take this spot instead of any of the girls?

If you pick Sara Rean stops her before she runs out of the classroom and she tells him she'll buy him a drink some day. For Towa she stops Rean before he runs out of the gate and gives him a more personal goodbye. Crow has an extra line before the fight where he goes "Don't think I'll go easy on you because we're buddies" or something like that. In all three cases Ream doesn't get a goodbye at Valimar. The male C7 students do.

Also yes, Towa does not have enough points in the game even if you do all her events. You need to spend two tickets on her.

Pic: unrelated porn

Thanks, I also went and looked it up. Actually impressed they made this many little differences for all the possbilities. Apparently you can also dance with Elise on NG+.

That Towa requirement sure is a ruse.

As much as I don't want to replay the final dungeon, I might reload from festival and minmax points to unlock two more characters for my autism.

It's technically Elise+Alfin, which is basically a tradition kept up through the series.

If there was any doubt left, this pretty much confirms that Tom has drunk the koolaid, assuming he wasn't a self-righteous faggot to begin with. I doubt this will affect Falcom games but this is not reassuring in the slightest.
gog.com/forum/general/interview_xseed_talks_jrpg_localization_and_marketing_part_1_93300

What in the fuck would be a contractual necessity to censor?

Yeah I agree, fuck an entire company just ebcause of an individual, I hope NISA gets Sen 3 and Ys IX!

Getting mixed messages from him here, inner struggle indeed. Hopefully releasing uncensored content will cause content alteration but hopefully not by our hand? I think he is trying too hard to please everyone / sound neutral. Still, he repeats his self-proclaimed zero-tolerance stance. That's far from what I think of when I hear "kool-aid".
What matters is what they'll actually be doing in the future.

If Xseed continue in this direction, they will only be marginally better than NISA. Better fucking hope they unfuck themselves.

He is obviously a leftist, and is trying to make them self-censor in order to stick to his own no-censorship policy. Because apparently censoring things before they're released is different.

Yes, it's only that one guy. Not the dozens of other people also in the company that are already perfectly ok with even more censorship.
Are you retarded? Do you work for XSEED? Is your name (((Tom)))? Kill yourself.

As a show to convince retards that they did the best they could.
The ESRB is not a binding governmental entity so there is no excuse that they forced you to do so as a legitimate reason.
You are not required to release on consoles let's ignore the fact that most of these games already saw a release on JP/CN and they weren't censored, XSEED themselves release shit on PC already, so the excuse that hardware manufacturers won't allow it because it'd get an AO+ rating is also bullshit.
Muh obscenities/Western sensibilities is not an argument because you're deciding what is appropriate for everybody else, generally even WW outside of JP/CN as EU tends to use US translations/censorship editions for their (((localizations))) based on what a small cabal of thirty to forty people most of the time less "feel" is appropriate.
If they were upfront about it I would not care as much because then at least the average fucktard couldn't claim they were doing their "best" when they obviously aren't but they use every fucking bullshit excuse they can think of instead of just saying "We did not think this was appropriate for us to localize" is disingenuous and wrong.

People don't realize that Tom is actually the best person at Xseed in terms of being anti-censorship and being passionate about his work
If you fire him you might as well just not buy from Xseed anymore, everyone else from what I've seen of them, is worse
I said this in the gog interview thread and I'll say it again
He's sort of a fenceshitter, but he's defending the right side, but if he falls he'll probably fall on the wrong side
Basically XSEED is a ticking time bomb, especially when they ignore people like Tom and exclude him from the credits all Xseed games since Akiba's beat because he disagreed with one example of censorship
That's a pretty huge fucking deal

He was the one who wanted to be excluded from the credits. Those words were from him.

He wanted to be excluded from that game's credits, and Xseed's rules were that "if you want to be excluded from one game's credits you're excluded from all game's credits"

It was always designed like that. They get a fanbase who buy "XSEED" games not games that XSEED localized.
Once they can get that market they don't give a shit.
It's coming.

Are you sure about that?
Yes, he did willingly get his named removed from the credits of that game but company policy is why his name no longer appears on ANY XSEED game's credits.
It is very obviously designed to punish people who disagree with a particular game.

Xseed is nearing sjweebdom?

They're the same as ever. Tom has always been a leftist. He still supports releasing games uncensored, he just has this retarded idea that somehow when people see the games uncensored this will somehow make people want to pressure the Japs into being less extreme, which anyone with a brain knows won't happen because most gamers don't give a shit about lewd. My stance on Tom remains the same as always: he has retarded opinions, but he's professional when it comes to his actual job. As long as he keeps that professionalism, I don't give a shit how dumb his opinions are.

Even when he plainly said that he wanted to influence jap devs into censoring their stuff while in production?

Why are some of you fanboys unable to have any discussion, be it about Xseed or Trails, without acting like complete butthurt imbeciles?

it may take a while still but the pieces are in place it seems

that's true
being a retarded leftist i can stomach( so long it does not infect his work) but this mindset is just absurd and self-righteous, don't like Japanese culture? fine ignore it, but don't try to change it in something you find more "acceptable". And if he really pushes any of this he deserves the Axe and Xseed will be no different from NISA, but for now i will wait for it to happen instead of set them ablaze now.

That's not what he said. He expressed a retarded opinion that not censoring games would somehow cause this to happen. That's a completely harmless idea even if it is stupid, because it won't work. As long as he continues to not censor games it doesn't mean anything. I know you're desperate after you fucked up Ys VIII and lost your biggest cash cow when you lost Dangan Ronpa, NISAfriend, but you're going to have to try harder than that.

How about this quote from the same interview?
everybody knows leftists use "dialogue" and "conversation" to mean
Why does it fucking matter that the devs in Japan are making games that only their "tight-knit circle of acquaintances" as retarded as that is to say, because of all them Nips that use the fucking localization industry because they only speak English? can enjoy?

But he did though

I imported the jap version of Ys VIII on Vita just like I always did with everything else when it comes to japanese games in those past couple of years. Always relying on the original japanese version and not trusting any localization whatsoever
In fact, Im the guy who posted earlier in that thread about XSeeD fuckup on EDF2, because I was silly enough to ever give a chance on something I never expected them to fail to deliver (and also because nobody else truly reported on this issue).

Tell me, what the fuck were they thinking when they decided to make lunge attacks (and jumps) work the way they did? Why are they so incredibly inconsistent? Some times I can do three of them in a row, other times I can't do a single one in thirty attempts. I don't even know what I'm doing differently. A quick search tells me that I'm not the only one with this problem, so it's clearly just incredibly bad controls. Speaking of which, I got to the second town in Ark of Napishtim and upgraded my wind sword. It said something about being able to use its special skill, which the help menu tells me requires you to do a basic three-hit combo and then press the attack button again "with the right timing". I've been doing nothing but the basic combo for several minutes, trying many different timings for the extra press and I haven't gotten it to activate even once. It's pretty damn hard to tell what "the right timing" is when I literally cannot get it to activate to begin with.

He is clearly saying that he wants Japan to self-censor to please western SJW sensibilities.

As I said, he's just retardedly naive and thinks the Japs will care. They won't. Xenoblade 2 clearly shows they don't give a shit. So as long as he doesn't censor games, it doesn't matter what he wants. The fact remains, XSeed doesn't censor like NISA, ArkSys, 8-4 and every other loc company that doesn't directly work for a publisher does (and some of those do it too). So yes, I prefer the people who don't censor, regardless of how batshit their personal beliefs are. Until those beliefs effect their work, then this is just meaningless bitching. Tom has gone on record saying he doesn't like Senran or fanservice and yet he does his job. Who cares if he wants Japs to change? He has no power to make it happen. And so long as he doesn't use what power he has to gatekeep, then he's better than the alternative.

To be fair to them, think about what you said prior

Is there any way to see what difficulty you're playing on in FC?

a man can only dream

Admit it, you just like having a game with a dyke whose primary and most memorable character trait is how much of a dyke she is. There is no reason for you to be this willfully deaf and blind to these posts.

Also no it's not you quacking tardate. user explained in detail how they wrote her character so poorly and used a comparison between her and another character to illustrate his points

Sky is great. Please don't let this turn you off of the series. Seriously, even anons who think "CS is verbose and gratuitously overwritten with a whole first game that is essentially just world building and build up for the second game" still love Sky.

Do you think that's the case? Or is it cuckold otaku who like having cute girls stolen by cute girls Angelica types?

Yeah it is.

Save file has your difficulty I believe.

I can see that you're like the other XSeeD fans that arent immune of the same Stockholm Syndrome that NISA fanboys are subject of when defending their shit too. (either be the quality of the translations themselves or the case of censorship)

I see that your arguments have no substance and you can't refute anything I'm saying so you just say "Trust me I'm right."

Reloading from festival was totally worth it.
HNNNG.

Remember that in CSIII none of your choices matter

That's okay, what matters is the now.

I like your style, mate

Protect her.

I'll protect her with my dick

So projecting your own sins in this thread?

Congratulations, you just lost the argument. Nice job.

stop shitposting faggots

I don't know what you expected from angelica, she has very big mental problems

Angelica should have been the MC.

Now there's something I did not expect to see.

they always do

No
But she should have been just a tomboy or fithead/gearhead. If they absolutely had to make her queer (they didn't) then just leave vague hints at it in the very least or make it a joke that's not desperate to normalize her creepy behavior. Anything other than "insufferably cocky in-your-face turbo-dyke who's two huffs away from rubbing her rug on anything missing a Y chromosome"
If she comes back in CS4, man…

come on, user.

(checked)
Just let the anti-yuri brigade continue in their cry corner.

I mean I don't like BR either but at least it's typical yuri with that bloom sort of quantness to it.

Angelica literally brags about trying to fist the hymen out of girls and keeps trying to stick a finger in Towa's ass (along with almost anything else that's female).

Blue Reflection has comical moments and "adorable" teasing.
Cold Steel has "I CHEW RUG NIGGA"

Angelica is the reason bogs are still in use.

Tom is becoming an almost full on cuck who pushes for self-censorship and also said he does not want to do games that offend him or others anymore. He and the rest of xseed are becoming bigger faggots who will probably lose their fanbase over this.

Call me when they censor a game over it, then I'll agree with you.

-Tom
ITS TIME TO LEARN MOONRUNES

Its your job to look for it faggot, dont be a fanboy
I can understand your position and i even agree with it to an extent but this is a reason to be fucking wary about XSEED for their future works.
Am I wrong, or not? Or is Tom, the biggest anti-censorship person at XSEED, not saying that XSEED games have risk of being censored because he as a whole is not XSEED?
If he can't guarantee the safety of Falcon vidya and he's the closest thing we have to an anti-censorship apologist we have in the localization industry, we should at least be worried.
This isn't some "XSEED is compromised, time to buy from NISA and give up hope, you will never learn Japanese" post. This is a "okay, so the best dude at XSEED admits there's problems in the company, he himself admittedly doesn't view self-censorship as a problem and would encourage it IF HE HAD THE POWER. Everyone else at XSEED is inarguably worse if you've taken a look at their localization blog. This is a reason to be wary about them and to watch their next games closely.

We pay attention to every game. They haven't done it yet, so historically their track record is good. This blog post is not new. Anyone who has ever read Tom's posts before would have known this is how he felt. In spite of that he still has, so far, done his job for years. The second that changes, I will be right there with you. But despite going on record as not liking Senran, he has handled that franchise professionally. Anyone who has payed attention to XSeed at all is aware of their political leanings. And yet despite that they have an actual respect for what they do in regards to the original source material that companies like NISA obviously don't. That has earned them a certain amount of trust in my book. The moment their stances negatively effect a single game, I will be the first to lead the angry mob. But it hasn't happened yet

I'm actually not referring to the blog posts. I'm referring to this response he made in the comment section. The blog post he responded to well enough by vehemently repeating his stance on censorship, but this comment is what has me worried.
You can't easily measure or quantify something like self-censorship or the power of XSEED to japanese companies.
This also ignores that members of XSEED have done just what he is describing in their "suggestions".
Ever heard of activist judges? Well we've got some activist "localizers" to deal with here.
How do you propose a problem like this is dealt with?
I already made my thoughts known on the forum, Tom provided me with a personal opinion but he never responded to me about the politics and only responded with his perspective on the self-censorship, which while it is his personal opinion, still has me worried because the rest of XSEED is fucking shit when it comes to this, or are you forgetting how he was the only one who stood up against censorship in Akiba's beat while his coworkers were like "oh that's offensive, can't have that"?
They should have respect and credibility in your book. They have that in mine as well, but I think the self-censorship potential is growing, especially if XSEED gains more power, and if this isn't sending off some warning bells in your head then I don't know what will. How long can blatant leftists stay "neutral" in a company?

I sincerely doubt XSeed has the ability to change what Japanese companies make. Remember when we were freaking out about Treehouse sending people over to Japan to manage content for Xenoblade 2? Doesn't seem like they managed to do much content policing does it? And if Nintendo can't do it, there's no fucking way XSeed can.

The more I think about it, the more ridiculous the idea is, xseed or anyone else. The only way this could be possible in any capacity is maybe if the sales in the west would be equal or greater than at home. I like Tom but I dunno how high he was to seriously think that.

Localizers are the gatekeepers between Japan and the rest of the world though. If a Japanese company gets most of its income from localized titles, they might want to change their games into what they perceive to be what the target market wants. And who else has more influence on that kind of decision than localizers?

This, too.
I understand how Tom saying "I would to see this happen" is worrying, though. Here's to hoping he never gets to cross the line with any of their games.

What kind of faulty fucking logic is this?
That's luck, Treehouse has screwed up plenty of games here as it is, just because they didn't manage to screw it up even WORSE this time doesn't mean they won't keep trying until they successfully do.

I'm not going to call it censorship because this word seems to trigger people's panic response mechanisms even though it is but them removing the ages from Senran Kagura was an omission to make the game more acceptable by Western standards.
That would be something to consider. Their record isn't clean it's just been considered "acceptable" changes.
Would they as in XSEED themselves consider it censorship if they just removed the content instead of changing it?
People thought that was ok because it was just something small but that is literally how shit always starts.
First you remove the ages.
Then you have a buggy mess that can't stop crashing because half the game has been removed to make Western faggots feel better.

He can't really change what they make but they XSEED can choose to not bring over specific titles because theu find them "disagreeable" this already happens with a large amount of Nip titles from a lot of localizers or change the way a line is said which is what happens 95% of the time, not just unintentionally as a side affect of translation but if they were to find a line or character to be "problematic" they could change it to be or say something technically correct but not what the writer intended.
This is the real threat.
The people not playing Nip only titles aren't getting outraged by them, they rarely even know they exist until they get hyped by EN/JP speakers.
The people playing the Westernized (((localizer))) approved version that take over English speaking fanbases are also a problem.
Look at what happened to Fire Emblem. Do you really think localizers are incapable of content policing?
Is that the future you want for Falcom titles?

Not really. If you had any sense you wouldn't be playing localizations in the first place. I just don't want them to affect the original games.

I think the point is they fucked them up here, but not in Japan. Sure those shits can keep trying, but the question is CAN they succeed.

I'm saying despite the fact Treehouse specifically said they were sending people over to monitor the game that the Japs just laughed at them and did what they wanted anyway, and that was fucking Nintendo. XSeed are so tiny compared to Nintendo that the idea that they could somehow pressure Jap devs into making less lewd games when the Japs have all the power is hilariously unlikely. The only thing they could do is censor content themselves, which would then be obvious to us and XSeed would probably lose all support at that point because they're reputation among niche enthusiasts is really all they have. Tom's wish is just shitty pipe dreams. He has no way to make it happen. So he'll either keep doing his job through gritted teeth, or he'll succumb to gatekeeping, at which point XSeed will likely face huge backlash and lose a lot of their audience. I doubt the second one happens though, because as another user said, this is just Tom wanting to have his cake and eat it too. He wants to keep being the accurate localizer guy, but also wants games to be less lewd. He's not willing to compromise his ideals about his job, do he's bitching about content and hoping somehow his dream will happen when it never will.

This doesn't mean treehouse won't stop trying, and the fact that nobody listened to them this time might have more to do with Monolith Soft refusing to listen
What happens when they get the ear of someone who *will* listen? Moreover, do we have any proof that XC2 was guaranteed to have not been tampered with; that there was even more triggering content in there that wasn't fucked with and the stuff that remained just happened to trigger people anyways?
We don't really have anyone in japan who can confirm this for us, we have to go by ear, common sense, and people who can read japanese for us.
Xseed isn't a big company, but Falcom is significantly smaller than Nintendo as well. They deal with much smaller studios and individuals. If they talked to the people handling corpse party, would they have the ability to change it?
They got the shit changed for the KKK witches bit without even explicitly asking, just informing the japanese company that the name happened to be the same as a white supremacist group here and they changed it and sent it back to them, what's to stop them from going further?

Because it was the lewdest Xeno game to date? I guess it's possible that Dahlia only had pasties or something on in an original draft but honestly I doubt it. The reason why XB2 is so important is because it's clear evidence that backlash against censorship is being taken in to account. Yes, the game had some textual censorship (though nothing was done to the original Japanese), but the fact that no visual changes were made, despite several of the designs being way more lewd than the stuff changed in XBCX, makes it pretty obvious that Torrential Downpour is working, even if no one will admit it. If western localizers really could interfere at the design level I doubt they would have let Dahlia happen. And now that XB2 is selling quote well, their hands are tied.

Valentine's can't come soon enough this year.

And that's just it. We have to go by ear and common sense.
Treehouse fucked up Fates in much of its script, yet that fanservice as fuck Camila cinematic was uncensored, the swimsuit DLC still all exists. Character design isn't the best measure for this shit unfortunately, leftist meddling could include many things like changes in dialogue to be more LGBT friendly or what have you
The fact that precedent exists for XSEED doing this is probably the worst thing about it to me, and they did it without even trying.

They still made several visual censorship changes to Fates and the fact we know what changes were made to the XB2 script due to the differences shows they were unable to change the script at the Japanese level, which is what you were scared of. If Nintendo can't make those changes, there's no way XSeed could which brings me back to what I said. If XSeed we're to go full cuck (in their actual work I mean), it would be obvious and they'd be over.

If you say so man, I wish I could have your confidence in this sort of thing

The biggest problem with a lot of people on Holla Forums is they have so little faith in their own accomplishments. I know it doesn't seem like it because the media is always trying to put you down, but the stuff we've done has made a difference. I'm not saying "stop" or "we've won" or "there's no need to pay attention anymore." I'm just saying it's okay to have a little faith in what we've done.

Falcom does that themselves.

I'll take your word for it.
I never intended to stop supporting XSEED yet, but that doesn't mean this doesn't give me grave concern

What you should do immediately is start learning Japanese, if you haven't done so already. That way you'll have a head start if they ever get worse.

Going into Cold Steel I was worried Rean would be a painfully cliched anime MC that's totally dense about grills because that's so funny, but I gotta say Rean delivers something. I mean, some cliches are naturally there, but he has character that shines through here and there. And he seems to be dense about his sister for comedic value, but that's it. I hope he develops more from CS1 onward, although I imagine the writers might be playing it safe if he's still to be a self-insert type.

Rean becomes more cynical and depressed with each game. The series is basically about the destruction of his smile.

Oh dear.

I'm enjoying those Zwei games more than i should.

Ao fan translation at 100%

gurennoheyakara.blogspot.com.br/p/games.html

Remember, this is gonna be fairly rough, similar to the current Zero one, though probably a bit better. Still, it's something. Expect a release soon.

Why do you enjoy them user?

playing trails in the sky, hard mode. what's the deal? It's not super hard yet, but it seems like XP is super slow, is that the main difference between hard and normal?

The differences are gonna appear later on once available arts/crafts/party combos, become available. Strats that are viable on normal don't work well or even feasibly on hard/nightmare i.e. agate spam
The start isn't too much different, probably as a result of them not wanting to simply bloat numbers and have every battle take forever expect that to change by the end

Also, the differences are much more notable in TiTS 2 when the difficulty ramps up, its entierly feasible to have not too much difficulty in TiTS 1 nightmare first time through is you abuse earthwall, in TiTS 2 however, it's a nigh-literal fucking nightmare.

not that user but is hard mode worth it for a newfag to the series, but one who's eager for a challenge and is fairly used to (relatively) hard JRPGs?
More importantly, are there any notable character or story differences in hard mode? I haven't started TiTS yet but its sitting in my GoG library as I decide which game in my backlog to play next; I'm considering it.

I've played TitS for the first time on Hard, and it was just the right amount of challenge most of the time, it proved quite satisfying. A few battles were insane (especially in SC) and required devising some brilliant strategies and/or lucking out.

Sounds like it'll be my cup of tea. Thanks user.
Just out of curiosity, can you recommend either the Vita version or the PC version? I have the option but i wonder if the game will be comfy and unchanged enough to experience on a handheld, or if its worth sitting down on my PC.

The script inject of SC into the vita EVO version just got finished as well. Someone is now prepping an inject of the garbage Zero script into its vita EVO version. I don't know why you'd want either, but some people might like it.

The Vita version was made by a different developer, who messed with the balancing. The English PC version is pretty much the definitive version. I'm currently at work, but once I'm home I can post a comparison table I made.

How does it break lore?

PC version doesn't have voice acting?
Vita version was censored?
You need a fanpatch for it to be in english? I saw it on nonpdrm/PKGI in english, is that pre-patched?
How is the balancing broken? Remix is bad?
All this suggests I should play the PC version, though I wish there was a way for me to experience the VAs and extra cutscenes while also on the go. There's too many negatives from what it seems like, mainly from the
These seem like fucking massive deals to me, what the hell

*playable version on the go
these things sound like its nigh unplayable if I care about the game at all

Here's a video on the vita version.
The voice acting is meh.
And I thought the original version had samefaces.

Mainly the Combat Arts. Different Tactical Orbments give the characters different Combat Arts. In the Evo versions they can use Arts from Zero, Ao and in The §rd even from Cold Steel, that should not be possible with their Orbments.
There is a scene at the beginning of SC where you get a new Orbment. The character who gives you the new Orbment mentions how a Boss from FC could use a certain spell, because he already had one of these new Orbments. I don't think this scene makes sense in the Evo version.

Nope.
Yes, all console versions had to be censored. It's only one scene in The 3rd though.
No, nonpdrm doesn't allow mods. You have to use MaiDumpTool.
As I mentioned they backported newer and stronger spells and allow you to attack enemies on the field to get advantages in battle. This made the combat to easy, so they made all enemies stronger. This was done poorly and made the balancing even worse.
The remixes are mostly pretty bad and/or ruin the original mood.

The version of Merciless Savior is pretty good.

What was there even to censor in TitS…

Star Door 15

Tsk, I guess, but barely. The story itself is more censor-worthy.

It was.

Man, I'm counting the days until CS2. I haven't been this excited for a game in a while.
What was the DLC for it on consoles? I assume just more costumes and items?

Yeah, pretty much. And the old DLC works with it.

Does anyone have that link to Brandish 2 Renewal with the fan translation already patched?

This is a joke, right?

Nope after a year of work they figured out you have to be able to program to port a game to PC.

Alright, thanks fam. I'm just heading off to the second town after finishing up the prologue. After playing some Ys games I was kinda expecting everything in this on hard to kick me in the balls and was getting worried.

And here's NISA statement when asked how they fucked up so bad.

At least people finally figured out why all their previous ports were so god awful.

How did I ever miss this in my playthrough? Unforgivable.

For the next OP:
( twitter.com/supremezerker/status/958149715090137090 )

Finished Lacrimosa today. I am glad I entered this game completely blind because I didn't expect the main threat to be dinossaurs and for Adol to stab the concept of evolution and the origin of all life in the face as the final bosses. 10/10 game, can't wait for Sen IV to be released so they can start working on Ys 9 or 5's inevitable remake. Unless they start working on Tokyo Xanadu 2 instead in which case I will just kill myself.

I wonder if best girl will finally get the doujins she deserves when Sen IV comes out.

TX2 will probably happen after Sen IV. Kondo already teased a sequel.

Welp, at least rope is cheap. Honestly I have no idea how can anyone could want more of Tokyo Xanadu after how it turned out, I played it to the very end and all I felt in the end was profound regret for all the 60 hours of free time I was never getting back. It wasn't even bad, it was just mediocre, which is the worst thing a game can be.

Better not have paid for that.

Then whatever NISA has cooking up for tomorrow.

The good news is that Nisa fucked up the PC port not the PS4 version.

Honestly they should have never committed to a day one port in the first place.

The chances are low it's Falcom-related.

well there's this set gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=ricotta_(ys) sumiyao_(amam)

Who's ready for the CSIII announcement tonight?

oops you were talking about Renne :^)

Remember to pray to Reah, Feena, and Aidios

CS3 is
SAFE

Until we all freak out again at E3 or something.

Goddamn you guys need to stop doing this. My brain knew there was little chance it would be CS3 but your panic still affected me.

How can one company be so incompetent?

Ahaha

And that's the first I've heard of a Winter release date. Wouldn't surprise me but last I've heard from Falcom, it was around the end of their fiscal year which is like October.

Yeah, Falcom themselves said it would be in the fall, not winter. Falcom also haven’t said anything at all about pushing it back to a winter release.

Sounds like an intentional mistake to me.
They can claim it was an unintentional mistake while also using it behind the scenes as a bargaining chip to get the rights to license III for an NA release under the excuse that people are "expecting" them to. Sounds retarded but it works in these sorts of things
Lots of people saw the initial press release, fewer people read the correction.
retarded and hopefully unsuccessful P O W E R P L A Y

Anyone got the new bread ready?