So has anyone here actually played it?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamemakergames.com/archive/sexy-hiking
archive.fo/rFzdV
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I did, it's ok.

this is now a dubs thread

DON'T YOU DARE DERAIL MY FUCKING THREAD

I think it's cheap and it ruins game how they purposefully made the controls unresponsive in order to make it more frustrating. Other than that, fun game.

You did it to yourself

Alright kid, I'll give you 10 seconds to delete your post

Ending is a forum thread where people who beat it can chat and leave messages for each other.

I don't like games where the difficulty comes from awkward controls, but the game does have this relaxing atmosphere to it, the colors and the soundscape are really comfy.

Nice dubs dude

get this twitch bait of a game out of here

the nips know

It's a pretty shit game, but I got over it.

but why

I have, it's not nearly as frustrating as everyone milks it to be, nor as difficult, it just requires patience and learning the controls a bit.
Didn't pay for it btw, nor would I

I'm guessing that since they're not very familiar with western memes that much, they think it's hilarious.

You forget

Can I see the full image please?

It's a YouTuber-bait "hard" game that has the added bonus of also being a pretentious art piece. This has to be what hell looks like.

Played it for a bit and stopped because the controls are absolute shit.

The way it pulls on your cursor makes it an absolute pain to control; especially on parts where you have to forcibly pull yourself up by pushing the cursor down for a few seconds.

It's not a girl, user.

yeah it was pretty nice.

Oh you know darn well why

Do it anyway

I think I'll be able to handle it.

I've not, the game should be free.

Faggot

This doesn't work unless you're a business that has money to spare, and can afford to take a loss now in order to draw customers later.

I'm pretty sure that's just a homo.

that`s a regular trap you faggot

but the controls aren't the hard part, I'll admit its a kind of mini-game, youtube bait, rage inducing shit
however there is some kind of actual brilliance to the game in the terms that the biggest difficulty comes the own player,
for each person, playing this game is somewhat different, some will rage out instantly while other hover through it like a zen god,
I think it reveals to the person they may not even be aware themselves,

I saw a shitty stream where the developer goes on a interview is asked to play the game while they talk
the shitty interviewer (forgot who it was) was hoping he would struggle and lose his shit, but the dev was able to beat the game with relative ease
there were two key things he mentioned:

another thing, I always understood the title as something different
most people seem to understand it as just, getting over a mountain, I on the other got it as "Oh you fell, just fucking get over it and start again"
which in turns could mean a valuable lesson in life, that in life you need to start over several times to make it, and even then you shouldn't waste energy beating yourself for it

Wew lad.

memes have changed

Not in a million years. It doesn't even look like a fun game.

This.
Adding philosophical quotes to a game is like putting "I'm a pretentious twat" on a neon sign in your front yard.

And people called Undertale a "meme game".

sage

gamemakergames.com/archive/sexy-hiking

if you're thinking about getting it, please don't and instead play this, it's vastly better anyways

No because it looks like a boring waste of time

You can't put that genie back in the bottle.

Watch me.

It's a flashgame, why would I buy a flashgame?

No, thanks

Oh, it's this faggot again. Didn't we tell you to fuck off back to reddit/cuckchan?

That's how imageboards should work.

so what is this game even supposed to be?

Intereting idea but how would it be executed ?
What task would you have to complete to be allowed somewhere like Holla Forums or /r9k ?

To use Holla Forums ideally you would need to take a DNA test and be at least 102% white.

rollan

The worst thing about the narration is that it's a goddamn meta commentary about the game. It's a giant, pretentious justification for lazy game developing and bullshit difficulty, hiding behind inspirational quotes and a "message" of never giving up. And it costs money. The narration alone drags the game down by a huge amount.

Stop falling for the pretentious faux message. It's not a great art piece. It's a lazily game game pretending that's it's deep for telling you to keep going and occasionally spouting a quote from a famous person.

Providing proof of your status as a kissless virgin.

I thought it was supposed to be pretentious on purpose, to aggravate the player even more. The impression I got was that the whole game was supposed to be mocking the player for even playing the game, and the philosophical quotes and music was adding to that.

That's the thing, this game is the very incarnation of "ironic shitposting is still shitposting".

If that was the case, why give a reward that amounts to nothing but an opportunity to circlejerk about beating it?

good:
the concept is interesting and I like some of the level design
philosophical quotes are a hit and miss, but the old-school music that plays when you get fukt is pretty good.

bad:
some of the level design is retarded, like slippery as fuck slopes that shouldn't be fucking slippery at all, inherently dickish level design designed to make you go back to square 1, etc.
the biggest flaw is the controls are shit, you can't invert it, the hammer sometimes spazzes out if you go to fast, which makes you feel like you're sometimes not in control of the situation and the game is deliberately fucking you over, and the hammer sometimes is unresponsive.
game is literally the same thing as sexy hiking, but the levels spliced together with a few more elements put in.
if the quotes were more about determination and not mundane dumb shit that the author put in to make it seem smarter, the philosophical quotes would've added a lot more to the game.

not worth 8 dollars. maybe worth a pirate if you're really curious

It reminds me of these movies with lots of advertising, so they point it out in a funny way, thinking it makes it ok

There are speed runs and playthroughs that last about 15 minutes or less. Watch one of those instead of buying this game. If you don't want to do that then here's the short version
THAT'S IT.

It just made me want to play GIRP again but I hate flash, so frustration achieved.

I was kind of excited to play getting over it because it's literally the only sexy hiking clone in existence. Sadly, I still find sexy hiking better, I didn't really care for the meta narrative and the original game isn't nearly as focused on being annoying, it's mostly just unapologetic about being what it is.

So everyone here?

I haven't played it yet but Foddy is a really cool dude.

LOL. Nice anime avatar btw faggot.

That chatroom sounds appealing buti must ask, if i pirate the game can i still go to the chatroom ?
sounds like the only original thing in the game, too bad as this seem like a great thing stuck in a shit game

Faggots unironically buy bad games thinking there's some deeper lore or hidden message they can find to justify the game's shitty existence. Case in point: Undertale.

No idea. I didn't buy it.

I miss when memes were spawned with some sort of meaning and not just lul randumbz

Oh, and as I should have mentioned in , I would have really liked an updated sexy hiking with at least 100 levels and a editor instead of what we got. And like I also think Foddy is pretty cool, but this time he missed the mark more than usual.

Give me an example of an old "meaningful" meme.

He means, a meme was usually based on something, and if two memes mixed, it was because they had some kind of common ground. The picture in question that started this just has a bunch of normalfag facebook memes crammed into it for no apparent reason except "these are all popular right now," like the artist was trying to harvest as many upboats as possible with one image, and didn't understand what makes a meme funny in the first place.

This guy got it
Like even the term Nerf is effectively a meme coming from weakening items made them feel like nerf toys.
Leroy Jenkins is one for WoW that was used to tell who in a room played, which honestly most memes were wide spread in jokes relating to a specific piece of media that was generally kept within it since it didn't have meaning outside of it.
Another example is the virgin/chad comic, reddit's already latching onto it and they've lost the irony in it. Not about making fun of the normal and glorifying the stupid shit, its just Chad is popular and better while the virgin side is shitty/niche.
Pools closed was one that spawned from a bunch of anons doing work so it was more just referencing them and to an extent the shit old 4chan got up to.

Basically they were injokes, but now fucking nobody's allowed to leave one unexplained and even if someone doesn't get an explanation they'll fucking spam it to death to look cool. They're pointless now.

I actually remember playing this more than a dozen years ago.
Indie games were better when they were weird.

Blame KYM and other collaborative anti-meme tools.

Satan nails it yet again. We unlocked the secrets of having fun in a lawless internet and during that time memes had some sort of specific meaning to specific people. Modern memes cater to newfags, and their dull humor inadvertedly brings down the quality of humor for everyone. We are choking on our fear of becoming like them, and those that try to make "wild" OC here will be shouted down. This fear is justified in a sense, because we saw what happened the last time we rode too hard. Wild and true OC cannot thrive in a community that has been abused like we have. All we have left is self-deprecating humor and schaudenfreude, because that is our way to survive.

Where once memes were born from pure madness, newfags try to replicate that, but without the context and meaning that makes a meme truly great. We can't create more because it will be run into the ground, and the redditors are left to shit up the net with "safe" memes. The trend of cancerous Jewtubers and redditors trying to dissect memes for the general public also kills any allure and mystery memes have. It's like a person ruining a good film for you by constantly saying how "this film is unrealistic". Yeah, no shit you dumbass.

Still, 2018 starting with Ugandan Knuckles gives me hope for the new generation of "Holla Forumstards." It came from out of nowhere, it caught people by surprise, and it also managed to trigger some SJWs already. It has all the trademarks of an organic meme. It seems like whenever you get some platform that has little to no rules, people will start expressing themselves more freely. It is refreshing to see that the madness from 10 years ago is almost exactly the same now, even if the people have changed. If someone has the screencap about Romans shitposting on walls, you will understand what I mean.

Fun for a few minutes per playing I guess, it's casual but the skill ceiling is high. Watching other people playing it is more fun than actually playing it though. Still better than QWOP.

Why did you make me fap, user?

Is Ugandan Knuckles one?
I remember seeing the video while it was under like 20,000 views on jewtube, got a light chuckle but now I see it every day.

Neat little physics game. Definitely delivers in terms of difficulty. Gets old quick though. Wouldn't pay a dime for it. I'd rather play Human Fall Flat for physics fuckery.

To be honest though the ugandan knuckles meme has already been run into the ground where it has been run into the ground by the meme kiddies who propagate the dull normalfag memes. I can understand where you are coming from with that the circumstances can show that original non forced memes can still be created are what gives you hope but in the end it all becomes the same unfunny shit like every other meme has become with rare exceptions to that rule like gondola.

Ugandan knucles was fun for about two days, and now it's absolutely everywhere with the fun being sapped out of it, and VRchat is full of retards trying to replicate what they saw on youtube. Even great memes will be destroyed by retards in a matter of hours now. The only ones that are safe are the ones too dangerous to repost on facebook or leddit, like full-nazi Holla Forums stuff and the pepe/wojak images with shit and piss. There's also the memes normalfags think are boring, like comfy gondolas.

Small memes can still exist, or ones so dull without their context.
Like walk up to a normalfag and try to get him to understand why two cats are a problem waiting to happen. Nobody's gonna get it unless they played dwarf fortress, and most normalfags might actually be allergic to that game.

Or this, make them so social media/business unfriendly they're avoided.

Basically either so obscure/autistic that normalfags can't comprehend them, or so vile it frightens them.

Some of the threads here had webm's of it unfolding, I clicked through every one and I was laughing the whole way through.

That is a given that they will be buried quickly, but the "spark" is still there in the people's subconscious. All it needs is a proper outlet, and if normalfags are coming up with these jokes on their own, the better.
I enjoyed UK thoroughly at least, it was spontaneous and crazy, something that I haven't seen for a long while. I might even have to go and see for myself if it truly is dead.

Checked it out, felt the controls were ass and uninstalled. Can't believe people would pay money for this shit.

I saw this in a webm and thought it was a flash game.

check these

MEME GAME

It's an unfair game in that the difficulty is actually FAKE (since it's based on an unreliable engine with tricks based on physics that work only half the time) and any game that adds screamers as an obstacle are de facto shit.
Not to say that the game doesn't have some actual challenge, just that most of it is either exaggerated or unjust - even the whole philosophizing by the dude behind the game is a jar of lies, since Sexy Hiking is unforgiving but fair and the fairness lies in how the game presents its objects with purpose, whereas knowing which platforms are safe or not in this game is just a matter of luck, experience or having watched someone else fall through it. What's worrisome though is that the fucking Chinese inflated this game's sales.

What I really don't get is what's so fucking funny about the spaghett bear. I mean in context it's kind of funny like the first two times you hear it, but there's not even an edit there, it's just oh look, laugh at this thing.

That's complete horseshit, EVERY VIDEOGAME QUALIFIES LIKE THAT. And even assuming that's wrong, if you really want an example of a game like that, Cuphead is much more like it in that the game is objectively fair, everything is color coded and most bosses have easy tells and attack patterns, yet the gameplay experience varies immensely depending on your skills, your rote memorization and critically thinking of which upgrades to get. In a way, Getting Over It is simplistic and attracts normalfags and streamerbait because it takes 0 effort to learn the controls, but it's artificially hard to masquerade some sort of challenge, whereas Cuphead is simple interms of difficulty but normalfags and streamers are off put by the challenges that lays bare at you.

Yo where's my YTMND fags at?

have any of these meme games (like this game, goat simulator, cuphead) been any good?

Goat Sim was actually shit on purpose to attract the reddit crowd, Cuphead is actually good but as easy as any early Megaman games coupled with save states.

I've only seen it once, so I may be unaware of the true cancer, but spaget is ok.

Explain this.

I never get the fascination with cuphead. The animations look great but the actual gameplay is meh as fuck. Gunplay and movement feel nowhere as good as Contra, Megaman, or even one of those genesis games like Demolition Man, and the bosses feel so bullet spongy.

how much of a retard can you be?

it's like if i linked a professional pianist

Cuphead just got it's status inflated from game bloggers being shit at it. It's still a pretty solid game and well put together, and the OST is by far the best in any game ever. It gets a 10/10 for presentation and atmosphere, however the game play itself isn't overly intricate and rather short.

the memes are evolving

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's just another filthy gaijin.
archive.fo/rFzdV
That being said, an American game like this gaining popularity in Japan isn't too surprising since streamer-bait games like this, Cuphead, PUBG and especially Undertale are decently known there.

And a couple more for good measure because I overestimated how many files I could upload. Polite sage for double posting.

no its not, in your comparison, cuphead is hard but on the idea of memorization, you basically have to die in each part to know what you're in for
this game however is different, you don't need to die or whatever you lose progress, but you can avoid it, and actually despairing and loosing control is your biggest enemy,
in this there is no enemy, there is no difficulty, the obstacles are always the same, the slipness of the ground is always the same, the sledgehammer is always the same

How much more effort would it have taken to make this? Sexy Hiking levels can't be that hard to build, and if you have any idea what you're doing you're going to be making a level editor to build the levels in in the first place anyway.

The fuck is this shit. Where's season 3.>>14211554

the game gives you ample time to read all its tells and fucking up once doesn't mean going back to the start of the game
Also you can't avoid being sent back to the beginning of the game because of a detail you couldn't see prior, the screen doesn't let you see the exact location of the items and some of them can be exploited while others cannot but to discover them you need to just either know it beforehand or have a leap of faith.

Why is this game suddenly everywhere? It looks like some shitty Unity project down to the crappy stock visuals and uninteresing logo.

just read the fucking light novels you lazy fuck.

Because twitch is pretty good at marketing, and this game is build from the ground up for twitch.

It's funny that you think "gondola" isn't an unfunny normalfag-tier meme. One day you'll finally round the corner and conclude that everything stales, or it doesn't. There are no rules.

I thought it was pretty fun. Once you get the controls down it's pretty smooth gameplay. I bet the speedrunners have loads of fun with this one, especially figuring out all those neat skips they can do.
I've beaten it a few times now, probably done with it for good. replayability if you aren't a speedrunner is fucking horrid. You get a golden pot for your character if you beat the game I think 20 times or something.
Also, quick tip for anyone who sucks at pogo stick jumping: Pause the game, move the mouse in the delta you want your hammer to move, unpause the game. it will cause a smooth and maximum jump in the direction you move your mouse in the pause screen. Consider the center of your screen where your mouse shows up to be the center of your hammer when you do this, so if you have a slight angle then make sure to compensate.

Also the pogo stick jump I described is fantastic for that horrible anvil jump and the pink hat jump before it

You know it's not my fault user.
You made yourself fap.

it should be a crime to kill a boner this fast

>>>/reddit/

Take your mental illness homosexuality with you on the way out, fucking tourist.

Isn't it also used to skip an entire section in speedruns?

The fastest speedrun I saw was like a minute and it didn't use it

Someone here is sexually repressed ~

user I'm afraid you're fuckin' gay

Okay… that is a go to leddit argument as in all ledditors say that "you don't like gays because you're gay."

You have exposed yourself (again) as being someone who does not belong. Lurk or fuck off.

I knew right away it was a trap. because I read trap magazines

You should take your own advice and fuck off, take with you too.

That is all that is hard about Getting Over It, you only fail because the controls hinder you.

*raises paw*

Uhm excuse me?

The only thing that doesn't belong here is your homophobia, sweetie.

So subtle.

There are Earth-chan porn MMDs out there

And? Anyone with common sense probably already assumed that.

It would make for a pretty cool cosplay. How viable is it to move around like that?

Yes. I did it.

Well, for there to be porn MMDs, an MMD model has to exist. This one is pretty good, although I dunno what model they used as a basis.

It's just an image compiling all the popular memes from this month

I have, and have them all. I still want season 3.

It's a meme game. If I wanted to play a physics platformer I'd actually play something with decent gameplay and doesn't shout pretentious quotes at me

Someone post a share link.

Have a magnet:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9b4676b654313ae834650e8916932410cfc7d368&dn=Getting%20Over%20It%20with%20Bennett%20Foddy.rar&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce%20magnet%3a%3fxt%3durn%3abtih%3a6AB7D74B14E41A7E75F941DA2A71E2805564A49E&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce

And?

It's an abstract kind of cancer.

I've been playing it for a while and it's fun, albeit kinda stressful because a wrong move can cost you a shitton of progress. The philosophical stuff is pretty aimless so far, but I like how the game is daring enough to kick you while you're down with music whenever you fall.
So far it's worth a pirate if you've got nothing else to play/10

Just finished it! 13 hours

Worth a pirate I'd say.

>There's a profanity censor at the forum at the top of the mountain