Y'all ever play a couple of games as a kid then years later find out not only did they have more sequels than you...

Y'all ever play a couple of games as a kid then years later find out not only did they have more sequels than you expected, but also that shit got really weird?

Just learned about Lost in Blue having two more sequels and it went from fairly realistic, to a bit cartoony, to full cartoon, to this kid just had a pet monkey all along.
Not played 3 or Shipwrecked, but if you like survival games the first one's pretty good.

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/translations/2330/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I only played shipwreck and liked it if only in concept. Maybe I should play LiB1.

ever play a game that's numbered like the first in the series but it's actually a sequel?
yes you have

Survival Kids is better. Second game got a translation. romhacking.net/translations/2330/

I played the fucked up "sequel", does that count?

How are the Survival Kids games anyway? I liked the first Lost in Blue, but they slowly got worse with each sequel.

Well shit, didn't know this was a thing. Thanks anons.

There's also an extremely similar PS1 game. I always thought it was part of the series but it's just the exact same concept, and not made by Konami. Don't remember the title and whether it got a fan translation.

Well you better find out what it is.

It's called Hyouryuu Ki: Reportage Beyond the Sea.

This board is 18+.

Lost in Blue came out 2005, 13 years ago.

and apparently it's a remake of a Super Famicom game called Mujintou Monogatari

You're only asking to feel old when you post shit like that.

I didn't know there was sequels until the 8th game in the series was added on steam.

No, he's just trying to be as elitist as possible. Likely also one of those retards that think that nostalgia means "thing that happened during the years when I was a child" and that you can only be nostalgic for something that happened several decades ago.

Thanks

i remember playing Lost in Blue for a bit years ago
was there any logic between knowing if the color of a mushroom was going to be poisonous?
i know it was randomized each game

Everyone is a hallucination in these games, even the protagonist.

Don't forget that Y'all is the hip new word used by blue checkmark twitter to refer to a large group of mixed gender.

polite sage

Came here to suggest this, didn't know it was related to LiB.

There's a sequel?!

I miss when games looked like this.

Man all this series was is kids falling off a boat.
Think at least one would have a crashed plane or just part of an evil plan since apparently those were in some games.

If you've played the game released in English that is the sequel, just released as if it were the first because the original never got translated.

So you thought 2005 was just some years ago?

No its not
Survival Kids 1 was the only one which was released in english.

Wait, so what's the original called?

Getting depressed about aging is a shitty boomer meme, because those retards all thought they were going to be teenagers forever. Don't fall for that trap. Embrace wisdom, greybush.

I'm all for that shit if you didn't fuck up and ruin your life early on. Every year that goes by lowers the chance that I'll get a young, virgin wife.