I have the original Sleeping Dogs and Human Revolution versions. Haven't finished them

I have the original Sleeping Dogs and Human Revolution versions. Haven't finished them.
Should I upgrade to Definitive and Director's Cut?

I heard you can't go full stealth on Dude Sex but the DC version fixed that.

I only have the Definitive Edition of Sleeping Dogs but it's one of the most fun games I've played in a long time. I sort of already have a bias toward martial arts and Hong Kong movies though so that might be part of why I liked it so much.

For sleeping dogs it's just graphics.
For Human Revolution there is actual gameplay changes like said

Director's Cut for HR incorporates the Missing Link DLC so you can't skip it.

My browser posted this many times.. Ignore the other..

And the DLC is fucking shit

I hated how it disabled all the upgrades and forced you to play with no augments.

Never felt sleeping dogs as a free open world game
Its just filled with invisible walls and the only method to go to one place is via ground vehicle
Could be a ubisoft game if the devs weren't from SE

I'd say yes to both. I believe the Definitive Edition of SD includes all (and I mean all) of the DLC and has a bunch of QoL improvements in addition to the better graphics.

DE:HR DC includes the Missing Link DLC as that other user mentioned and I think it has some of the other DLCs too in addition to a bunch of random tweaks and bug fixes.

Both are solid purchases and you'll not regret them. Just be aware that Sleeping Dogs is a fairly long game.

I read that apart from the shit blooms and whistles they added more breakable surfaces and objects in the Definitive edition and more traffic/pedestrians.

How are those new features?

Nah, you can finish it under 20 hours, its not that long

The best thing for me about the DC is it takes all the overpowered preorder DLC it normally shits on you immediately and spreads it out a little bit around the first level. You can still get a silenced sniper rifle in 5 minutes of starting but at least it isn't directly in your inventory right away.

Even if you do all the DLC? I'm not talking about doing some autismal 'I must have all collectibles' shit, either.

Just like in the original Deus Ex, the most OP weapon is the fully upgraded base pistol. In DE:HR, you can slap a silencer on it, make it armor-piercing, and with the aiming reticle, you can perfect-snipe people around corners for most of the game.

Yes, 20 hours was what it took to methe, and I went aound chasing collectables to enlarge the game's lenght
Also the dlc is shit, saints row tier

There is no such thing as an OP weapon if you ask me, but you shouldn't start with it already in your inventory when you hit play, it also gave you some explosives and a fat stack of cash so you go buy it from goystop. I accepted pre-order DLC since I can't do shit about it but when it's not even new content, just already existing items cheated into your inventory by the devs, we have reached a whole new level of jewry. I'm just glad that practice stuck mostly to Square Enix so it didn't affect many good games.

I've heard that the new version Sleeping Dogs is terrible optimized compared to the original. With HR I've heard mixed things about the changes to the filter they made. Some people think it makes the game look a lot worse since it was designed with the filter in mind. If upgrading is going to make it impossible for you to play the original versions legitimately then don't upgrade. I'm sure it's a lot easier to pirate the new versions than to pirate the old ones and all the DLC.

Sure, and for Steam at least, there is no going back once you install the new versions.

The piss filter is still there. They only added an option to turn it off.

I think the definitive edition of sleeping dogs is still fucked up but I'm not sure

The original PC version runs a lot better.

For HR you also get the developer commentary that plays during certain part of the game, while nice, it kinda screws you over in a first playthrough, since it automatically plays during cutscenes, taking you out of the mood, while in the other parts of the game it's optional(press X to hear dev commentary).

It's not on by default, you have to specifically enable it.

IIRC Definitive Edition of Sleeping Dogs contains a bunch of DLC that will make you overpowered from the start and kill all sense of progression. I would avoid it.
The Director's Cut of HR is almost essential. It makes major changes to the way boss fights work (meaning a stealth/hacking character will have an easier time of it, although you could also just git gud). It includes the Missing Link DLC and places it chronologically in the story where it should be. It also contains developer commentary, which I would very highly recommend for a second playthrough - the devs gave some really good insight into the way the game was designed, what content was cut and why certain choices were made.

It doesn't force you to play without them - you earn praxis as you go - but there is that cheevo you get for completing it without re-enabling them

I hear it's better but also buggy as hell

you mean the game they completely fucked up every single texture in the game and put a piss-colored filter over everything?
This is the first time I've ever felt disgust for Holla Forums, is it really invaded by goons redditors and neofags?

Definitive edition lets you buy some costumes that will make you overpowered but it's up to you if you buy them or not
You don't start the game with them in your inventory or something like that

maybe and yes.

sleeping dogs is a mixed bag the good stuff is good, but they did an aweful job on the volumetric effects, makes everything look grainy and washed out rather than foggy or steamy.

HR is significantly better with directors cut because they attempt (with mixed success) to fix everything wrong with the original release.

Human Revolution Director's Cut really doesn't change much but integrates in the DLC, which is nice. The piss filter's still there, just less prominent, and the new "nonlethal" boss options are fucking useless.
Haven't played Sleeping Dogs DX.

So turn off post processing,got it.

You don't. In the first level, when you're rescuing the hostages, there are two crates. One is just inside the warehouse on the lower floor and contains the side-by-side and some C4, the other one is somewhere at the top, pretty sure it's just before you enter the vent, and contains more C4 and a suppressed sniper that's still inferior to the tranq gun. You can just walk by them if you don't want them, but neither weapon is actually that great.

Oh is yakuza on pc?
no?
gee i wonder why then

maybe get over your poorness and get a cheap ps3, cfw it, and enjoy many yakuza games easily on one system.

Yeah let me get a system for just a couple games,fuck no,if it's not on pc it's not worth it.

lol

I'll pass.

lol stick to sleeping dogs a game that was rightfully forgotten the year it came out

I remember the DLCs gave you a shitton of money and ability points at the beginning. Does the Definitive Edition not have that?

I beat it in 11hrs

has it occurred to you that maybe people posting in this thread want to play Sleeping Dogs and not Yakuza, or they have already played Yakuza?

it’s always been, user

This game makes me wish for a sequel or another hong kong styled gangster game, yes I know yakuza exists and no I it's not the same

30 fps is gameplay and it's not acceptable for a real time action game.

chinese triads > yakuza

My PC runs the original version of Sleeping Dogs smooth as silk but not the (((Definitive Edition))) due some high-end graphics options being forced on, with absolutely no way to turn it off, not even through the driver settings. Fucking hang whatever dev thought this was a good idea.

neither are keyboard and mice but here we are

If I wanted to play Yakuza I'd play Yakuza, I wanted to play True Crime Hong Kong so I played Sleeping Dogs

The DC of Human Revolution is actually an older dev build.
The final build was with a bunch of small shit cut to make the publisher happy.

Apples and oranges, you mongo.

No one will listen to your shit after you said a controller is better than KB+M for real-time/fast-paced actions.

they are, so are arcade sticks. kbm is just good for fps and rts. but go ahead show me your high level dmc play or your sotc speed runs on pcsx2 with your keyboard and mouse, go ahead

You're also failing to account for the fact that devs will often add a bunch of assistance systems to games utilising gamepads/controllers.
Aim assist is only for games on consoles.

Also,
Either stop pretending to be retarded or get your head examined.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I ended up showing him how doing a full circle on keyboard is on average 250% faster than a gamepad, how using WASD for inputs affords you a lot of precision (compara doing an half circle to pressing ASD on your keyboard) and how well it plays with input masking (jump, perform special on the frame you land).

I like gamepads for comfy games. Where I can sit back and not do much.
But anything that requires a reaction time lower than a minute requires a keyboard, period.

I'm curious now. What do you think requires faster reflexes? Fighters? Read above and try again.
If you don't believe me, ask the FCG why aren't keyboards allowed in their tournaments.

then the entire class clapped

Not really. I still struggled a bit and granted, I'm not really good at fightan (but I like guilty Gear).

The point is that keyboards are a lot faster than gamepads for directional inputs, especially motions you do in fighting games.
Even factoring out the mouse for FPS, you still have the speed of the keyboard.

Directional input on a gamepad will either require use of the D-pad where doing an half circle risks you pushing up (or down) accidently mid-motion or use the analog that is even slower than the D-Pad since the stick has to travel a longer distance than your finger does on the D-pad.

Since you're not willing to find information from the FGG about it, I'll get to googling.
In the meantime, assuming you have a gamepad near you, try this:
And tell me what's faster.
And fight sticks are a fucking meme: since the stick is longer than the one on a gamepad, the radious of the circular movement increases and so does the distance required to move it, hence, it's even slower.
To me, it's more of a cool factor than anything.

and this is where your story becomes a scientific impossibility

Nigger, just grab the fucking d-pad and try it out yourself.

whats longer

I'd say you're embarrassing yourself but I think we're past that point.

You're comparing the metaphorical fruit again; the answer is irrelevant.

wrong, why are you siding with a self-admitted newbie to the genre?

You wanted science, you illiterate nigger?

Are you functionally retarded? You have additional leverage with a fight stick and the ability to use your entire hand and forearm. Compare trying to do up-down-up-down as fast as you can with a fight stick and an analog with just your thumb.

Oh man, I bet you play games like this for years.
That means your opinion is SO MUCH MORE CORRECT than my opinion.
After all, wouldn't want that Mad Catz 250$ gamepad go to waste, it's clearly a masterpiece that affords you that delicious 70% win rate, right?
Get fucked nigger: this shit is mathematics. You don't need to know how to full an Imperial Ray Cannon with dizzy to figure out using 3 keys for the same task is a much faster than jerking a stick with your hand.

Are you just trying to justify your console purchase at this point?

You have more power, but power reduces precision.
Precision you can get around with practice, I'll conced that. But now your stick has to travel a longer distance (imagine the path the "hat" of the sticks perform).
So, fightsticks aren't inherently bad: they just require a lot of practice.
Practice I don't have time for nowadays.
On the other hand, controllers have a lot of precision natively, and while some motions are harder than sticks (those fucking diagonals in Guilty Gear) most newish players can pull off specials rather esily on keyboard.

I guess between both, it's a matter of taste.
Analog sticks however are horrid for anything that isn't adventure games.

yes, I wanted science, not your made up garbage that supports exclusively your view and rejects the standards accepted across the medium among professionals and amateurs.

irrelevant

ya fight sticks are probably the best for fighting games, I never said they weren't, just said that keyboards are pretty shit for em

yes, I have about 20 more years of experience than you do
are you projecting?

are you trying to justify your RGB lighting razer mechanical keyboard with cherry mx™ brown gamer switches as a universally useful tool for video games?

Nigger, I literally held up a rule on top of a gamepad. I got one of those too, I don't natively hate the thing.
Just take your own gamepad, put a ruler next to it and repeat the same calculations. You're gonna come to the same conclusions.
The D-pad is garbage for anything that requires speed.
20 years eating shit doesn't mean you're an expert shit-eater. It means you're full of shit.

Those are for retards.
A 20$ logitech keyboard consistently outperforms them with ease while being robust as fuck.

Oh god, it's worse than I imagined.
You don't even know the basic layout of the controllers you're proclaiming are brilliant.

You're in a fucking fuming rage if you think basic geometric calculations are made up.

one may be for retards with too much money, but one is objectively inferior for anything but web browsing where it is possibly equivalent at best. thank goodness you double posted.

I just disassembled one of my saturn pads to measure the exact distance of travel between the d-pad and contact pad perforation. take your ruler and shove it up your ass, your entire methodology is fucked.

don't out yourself so quickly next time

Hey, who needs geometric calculations when you've got "Standards Accepted Across the Medium Among Professionals and Amateurs"?
:^)
Translation:
I WATCH LET'S PLAYERS ON YOUTUBE AND BELIEVE EVERYTHING CAPCOM TELLS THEM TO SHILL.

He's a fucking retard, it' not worth it.

I get defending them on the aesthetics, the sound and the confort. But on performance? Nigger, logitech has some of the fastest chipsets on their keyboards. The only thing I got to test that outperformed them was some south korean keyboard from a friend.

But you're not gonna post the measurements, right?
Because you didn't measure shit.

You're the one defending analog sticks for fighting games you fucking retard.
I'm convinced you're just acting retarded now. There's no possible way you can't remember which side of this debate you're on.

Maybe he's Swiss.

this whole thing was about gamepads vs keyboards for fighting games. if you seriously use analog sticks in a fighting game you're obviously too stupid to follow the discussion and might want to consider suicide.

around 1mm for contact pad to perforate, about 18 degree offset for a diagonal to register based on perforation. Do you even know what n key rollover is? I promise your $20 logitech you got from walmart doesn't have it.

Don't care for your hyper-button-starclass-thruster-shit.

What matters is the distance you have to move your hand. 1mm isn't right. IEE regulations don't support contacts that close unless they're made of expensive alloys (tipically mil-stuff grade).
So you either got a Saturn gamepad that the army uses to control drones or those 20 years of eating shit finnaly paid off.

am I the only one who puts my thumb in the middle of the d pad and rock it up, down, left and right? 0ms
maybe you niggers need better dpads

*0mm

this is usually how you use them except in scenarios where you want to avoid diagonals.

look, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt here but if you don't have a keyboard which works on interrupts (PS/2) and can't even handle more than a few key presses at a time, you're essentially admitting you have 0 experience with proper equipment. I'm assuming your gamepad you used in your example was some aftermarket 360 pad so you can't disassemble it because you no doubt lack a torx tip at hand so you can't even get real measurements of when the contact pad is perforated.

No, the conversation was about you jerking off over using a controller to play every game and telling us all that it's better.
You've claimed a controller is better for FPS, RTS, fighters, TPS and adventure games, but are yet to concede to anything else.

The cognitive dissonance is real here.

Rolling your finger still requires your movement.
Looking at my own thumb, that's about 7mm radious movement.
aka: 22mm circunference.
Usually, rocking your finger to the side is a rotation of 30º. That's an arc of 1,8mm.
Pretty good, but if you now have to reach the oposite direction (going from defending to moving forward) you do 1,8 again to reach the middle and further 1,8 to reach the other side.

what?
(me)
at least read the thread if you want to pretend to participate.

You could just say "doesn't suffer shadowing" and any normal person could understand you.
Picking a fedora-fag term that only you and the your gay-club butt-buddies understand doesn't mean you're smart. It means you can't talk worth shit.
Your "nkey rollover shit" is part of the IEE for the last 5 years or so.
And it only ever mattered when you were playing with 2 people on the same keyboard.
I got a 2002 piece of shit keyboard that could do 8 simulatenous keys. That's more than enough for a single player.

The "Definitive Edition" of Sleeping Dogs makes the game look like fucking dogshit.
==The original has sharper and better graphics
The "DE" edition is fucking fugly. Everything is brighter for some dumb reason and look like a console game. The original has much darner knights, better rain, better colors and better everything.
If you want your game to look like a console title then you can downgrade to the Definitive.

Then I agreed and you sperged out about aim assist for some reason.
Now stop talking shit out of your arse and finally accept those lovely 9th grade math equations user showed you.

n key rollover is the standard term for these things, you haven't been involved in these discussions before, have you?

because first person shooter is a normalfag genre and I don't care about it outside of cs 1.6 and the original quake and doom

with 1st grade proofs and standards

Assuming you only talk in your elitist fighting tournament reddit group.
Now tell the class how long you've been posting on imageboards, then we'll know for sure how much of an oldfag you are :^)
He used a ruler to measure the distances.
Please send us a photo of a ruler next to your gamepad to show us that your d-pad is more tightly positioned.

I'm not the one contradicting 20 years of play across a massive competitive community over a universally agreed upon definitive controller for the genre. Get back to me once that controllers been disassembled. I'm still waiting to hear what kinda controller he was using in the first place.

People still play videogames on consoles, and they're a relic.

Instead of waiting on him to do that, as he hasn't posted in a bit, you could do the exact same to prove him wrong instantly.
As already stated, EVO and others have banned KB+M, or at least heavily discouraged them when the ruling was lifted.
Now, why would a competitive tournament tell people that they can't use the device that makes them worse?

I always wondered why I thoroughly enjoyed this game when I shoukd have hated it. Its open world is as repetitive as Watchdogs and the cars feel like toys to drive. But I still 100% it and the dlc for some reason.

If you're an "epic 1337 gaymer dude lmao".
If you work with hardware, it's called "Shadowing" because it happens to more things than keyboards and can be a pain in the ass.

I too only play games aproved by the Hivemind of Holla Forums in an effort to fit in. G-d forbid I'd play something disliked in Holla Forums in an effort to have fun :^)
Quake and Doom are good games, CS1.6 is "lol, wait for respawn" borefest but the fact you only listed Holla Forums aproved games speaks more about your self confidence than you think

You're welcome to post your proofs.
The only thing you need is:
I'm going with 1m/s on hand speed because that seems to be the standard from a google search, but you're welcome to change it up.
I'm also being generous. Some keyboards don't require 5mm to press a button. Capactive keyboards are much faster for instance.
But find me an example where your hand has to move less than 15mm to perform an half-circle and I'll concede you were right.

Jesus fuck dude, why aren't you pointing out that certain moves, like diagonals actually require less distance in an analog of fight stick then on the keyboard? The Imperial Gamma Ray move I referenced IS indeed faster on the stick than on keyboard. Shit, do I have to make your arguments for yourself too?

You're arguing that the perforation for contact is 1mm instead of the 4 I listed.
alright, let's go with that:
Shit, I only noticed, the pic I posted should have been 32mm. Ah well.
Still, 23mm is a bigger travel space than the 15mm on the keyboard.
Get back to me once you clear 1st grade.

They do allow hitboxes aparently.
Which surprise, work just like a keyboard.
And you got all the "pros" changing to these things.
I wouldn't know, I don't really follow the FGG, just got some friends in it.

This hitbox thing does have an advantage: the UP direction being down there does have it's advantages. Could be a mindfuck to pull off a full circle though.

Pretty sure you could just bind up to the spacebar for the same effect, not that much of an advantage.

I guess the retard won't accept them until his e-celebs start making videos proclaiming their brilliance.

You know, I've played a few fighting games recently and that idea never occured to me.
I usually assigned them the same input I give my PS emulators, but putting it on space would make it more akin to PC platformers.
Thanks for the sugestion, gonna give it a try.

Anything in particular that stood out from the commentary?

I looked it up, and it turns out EVO doesn't ban kb/m. Just rules about macros, approved controllers for smash4, legacy controller mode in sf5. Any controller appears to be allowed so long as its supported and isn't wireless unless specified. Any more lies to peddle while you continue to lose credibility over an argument you lost?

poast disassembly, go run to the hardware section at your walmart and buy a torx set they're only like $7. I'll be here. for the record since your measurement for contact on a d-pad is also off by several milimeters, your measurements for keyboard are also suspect and disregarded.

You act like you are superior for owning a set of torx screwdrivers.
Since you're so superior and have the items at hand, please disassemble your controller and prove to that user how stupid he is and how brilliant your own controller is.

do they? I'm looking it up and I'm just finding videos of players using them, people being surprised but otherwise being supportive in the experimentation in the FGC. Nothing about bans, nothing about it being discouraged. Really this sounds like a lie keyboard players are telling themselves.

watching a video of a keyboard player getting bodied in sf4 at evo2012, pretty funny stuff.

no, I act like I'm superior because I've disassembled these things and have more experience with them than you. What kind of controller even is it? None of this necessary information has been stated.

Oh, also, EVO doesn't ban keyboards, but they prevent you from using many different kinds of modifications, including the ones that allow you to connect a keyboard to a console without fucking up your response times, as they see them as unfair modifications to input device/console.

Hitboxes are allowed as they're manufactured from the ground up to work on consoles.

You make it sound like there's some kind of conspiracy against your preferred input device for video games. Maybe you should go outside.

Jesus fuck dude, I'm not disassembling a controller for this shit.
Look at the picture I just posted.
You have two important distance to consider:
Alright, maybe your gamepad is so kewl and 1337 and it only has 1mm perforation. I'll give you that. That lowers that part of the equation from 12mm to 3. Let's go with that.

But you gotta consider the other part: How long your finger has to travel from "LEFT" to "DOWN" and then to "RIGHT".
All the tech you have under the d-pad means jackshit if each button is 10mm apart from each other. Short of teleporting your fingers around, your finger will need to take a 20mm path to complete the motion. You can maybe half-ass the beginning and end by twisting your fingers but you're still looking at 16mm travel distance.
Total: 19mm. Still longer than a keyboard.

I can see two different problems either that might be causing you confusion.
Either you haven't noticed that you can use 3 fingers for 3 diferent motions on a keyboard (while on a gamepad/stick/d-pad all 3 fingers are locked in the same motion).
Or… it's because I'm using the S.I. and you're used to Imperial units. Just say so and I'll convert them.

Just relax dude. Don't get angry. We don't need to harm more controllers for these. Put the controller down, breath and stay calm.

Playing on a keyboard doesn't make you play better, only faster.

I'm not the one making up things about EVO banning keyboard players for being too good.

I know, you're not going to do even the baseline effort here. You've made your conclusions based on your fanaticism and your $20 walmart keyboard.

I did, it wasn't very well drawn, your art teacher would be disappointed. Here's some disassembled pictures of my own saturn model 2 controller, I also gave it a little clean while it was open. there's 6 pictures in total so I'll be posting them in two posts. The lift on the d-pad mechanism is 0% and 100%, it takes about 20% lift to perforate and register as a press.

keyboard travel time is about 4 times longer for an individual key press compared to the tilt of the d-pad mechanism in the saturn.

no

Look at your fucking post man.
you took apart a controller to prove that pressing a key on a controller is a 1mm movement. Something I've already agreed with here:

Good fucking job.
Now measure distance between each button.
Measure it and weep. 10mm (minimum).
I'll always remember this as the thread where I got some idiot to dissamble a controller simply to prove a point.

less than half that. Actuation pressure matters, something keyboards do require more of. Individual actuation for a key press to register on an adequate keyboard (mine is decent, at least) is about 5mm of travel time. the d-pad registers a diagonal (simultaneous press) at 18 degrees which is a movement that can be met without even a movement of the tip of the digit used to press the pad. This also allows cohesion with how inputs in these games are handled, such as QCs or a Z motion. Something that would require about 3 times the distance of input across several fingers, including switching keys which adds much more distance. (saturn d-pad is about 1" diameter, distance from W/S is 1.5")

I do disassembly regularly, you should take care of your things so they last longer.

what's this about measuring distance between buttons, again?

I should add that the travel of an 18 degree shift isn't something that can easily be measured as the tilting mechanism moves in 3 dimensions as opposed to the up/down of a keyboard. You can have the top of the contact pad actuate from the press with a shift of your angle, something handled with minimal effort as your thumb is the strongest digit on your hand.

tl;dr for the last 50 posts in the thread:
controllers are better for fighting games and there's a reason why people use them over keyboards for fucking fighting games. a completely non-controversial view that has been accepted for over 20 years among people that actually play these games instead of amateurs who just picked the genre up 3 weeks ago in an anecdotal situation where they were playing with their friend.

We were comparing doing an half-circle on diferent input devices.
On a bad keyboard, using 3 fingers, that's 5mm per key. Hence, the 15mm I keep bringing up.
Go ahead an measure this distance on your dissected controller.
I'm even willing to disregard the pressing of the button. Let's assume it's space magic and merely hovering the finger above the button is enough.
How long do you need to move the finger from one key to the next?
Hint: if it's longer than 7.5mm, the keyboard is faster.
But it's closer to 10mm and you're a retard that missed this point for the last 20 posts you've made.

And don't weasel out of this by measuring the distance inside the controller.
Your finger doesn't slide in there: measure it on the outside, on top of the D-pad.
You know, the part where your finger rests and moves around.
Go ahead, I'll wait.
Fucking idiot.

It's BASIC FUCKING MATH.
(18 / 360) * PI * 2 * R
You just need to measure the length of the stick, replace it there on the R and you got it.
Eg: if R is 5 mm (I'm guesstimating from the pics) then:
(18/360) * PI * 2 * 5 = 1,57mm
There you go. Better than my 4mm estimate (granted, my controller is shit) but still worse than your "less than 1mm hurr durr" one.
The only way it could be less than 1mm is if the R was 0.87mm. Which it mostly assuredly isn't.

look, I don't think you realize that the supposed space magic that happens with these things happens on the inside. Something people using the outside of them realize pretty quickly.

anyway, since you continue to spew insults because you've lost all the ground of your argument and can't even state basic facts of your position like what the controller you're using is, all you have left is to spew vitriol and lie.

picture is where the actual action of your input would happen in a QCF. You should try using these things. Your index, middle, and ring finger are far less nimble than your thumb.

the math involves a third dimension you're not factoring for.

Biggest takeaways are:
1. Consoles suck and held everything back. For example, the mirror in Adam's flat is nonreflective because consoles couldn't handle a reflective surface. The club in Hengsha is smaller and less populated than originally envisioned because consoles couldn't handle more than a certain number of interactive characters in one space.
2. Major pieces of the game were cut including two city hubs: Upper Hengsha, and Montreal. Much of the content contained in your second visit to Hengsha, and some of the content from your first visit, were originally supposed to be in contained in the Upper Hengsha city hub. This was due to both budget and time constraints, particularly as the game was nearing the end of its development.
3. The devs seem to have a solid grasp of storytelling through level design and talk at length about their choices to include, or not include, certain details and minutiae in the environment
I really enjoyed the commentary because they included a lot of people from the dev team and not just one or two lead developers. They've got several writers, the sound director, environmental artists, and level editors in there. They talk a lot about what they were happy with and what they wish they could change. It actually made me a bit sad that they weren't able to finish it according to their vision because the game they wanted to make was much more impressive in scale than the game we got.

Was that a measurement?
No?
Then I'm still gonna wait for it.
Feed me (you)'s, you slut.

the cries of a stressed fanatic

Also, the movement you just posted would register as a 123 on most (if not all) fighters.
Guilty Gear, for isntance, I'm sure wouldn't register that as an half-circle and wouldn't perform the specials associated with it.
That's a 90º arc. Try a 180º arc before posting again, fuckboy.

What the fuck is going on in here

Measure a damn 41236 movement, cum-guzzler, then we'll talk.
LMAO

Ah, you have arrived. We were expecting you.
Help me here:
Is 123 the same thing as 41236?
IS IT?

I wouldn't trust a "20 year old veteran" that can't tell a quarter circle from an half-circle.
Hint: one is double the other.

Autism it is then.

I was using the image to show you the registry range based on your image here . You can measure the quarter circle yourself based on where the input would be recognized.

Yes, of course.
Let me just use my telescopic eagle vision to make measurements over a FUCKING JPEG you posted to the have you go "Oh, that doesn't count, you didn't measure it in person".

HOW TO MEASURE A BITCH
1) PUT GLUE ON RULER
2)PRESS THE 0 MARK OF THE RULER AGAINST BUTTON A
3)ROTATE RULLER SO THE AXIS CROSSES THE MIDDLE OF BUTTON B
4)NOTE DOWN THAT THE DISTANCE BETWEEN A AND B IS LARGER THAN 7.5mm
5)EAT REST OF THE GLUE
6)STICK THE GLUED ASSEMBLY UP YOUR ASS
7)COMMIT SUICIDE

There you go user, a concise and straightforward guide to have you eat your own tech-babble because you can't into geometry or honest arguments.

I know Holla Forums is never short on autism, but holy shit what a thread.

what a wild ride

This ride is entirely caused by your sperging over Yakuza for no reason.
Submit to your fate.

Don't you fucking ignore me, shitstain.
You wanted me to go out (in the rain) and buy a fucking torx set (when I got 3 sets in the garage).
I feel ENTITLED to demand you put a fucking measuring tape against two buttons.

Or I will find where you live and rape you IN THE GODDAMN EARS. YOU'RE GONNA BE THINKING ABOUT SEMEN FOR A MONTH.

That is pretty interesting, this thread's taken a different turn but thanks for the summary user.

I'm just waiting for you to tell me what controller you're using, I've asked like 10 times but so far I got nothin

yeah this thread could have been spent talking about two fun games
instead I come back to find it's a bunch of fucking retards sperging out about controllers

Funny how that works, isn't it?

And I'm just waiting for you to stick your dick between two buttons and kill yourself when you see it's small enough to button-fuck your controller.

That's the regular version, retard.

The talent some people have with being wrong always surprises me.

Where does it say that? I'd be interested in some commentary.

Digital movement will always be inferior to analog, a joystick and mouse is the ideal setup.

That's a terrible pic to compare, there's a depth of field effect on for those minigames.

Hitboxes were popularized to help prevent fucking your wrist up from playing Melee and Marvel too much. There have been like 3 big name guys who've retired this year alone due to chronic injuries sustained doing that shit.

Definitive version of Sleeping Dogs spaces out the stuff you get on the DLCs so you won't be OP the moment the game starts, so I recommend it. HR's Director's Cut just adds a pretty mediocre level that does nothing besides slow down the narrative besides the pretty graphics, I don't think its worth it if you already have the normal version.

I think you're selling the Directors Cut a bit short. It also reduces the piss filter and adds dev commentary. You also get that short mission in Hong Kong with Tracer Tong.
Yes, the Missing Link mission does slow down the narrative somewhat, but at the same time it's an incredibly well-designed DLC that shows how much the development team learned from their experiences in making the core game. The environments are really well designed and the boss battle at the end is an excellent example of how a boss battle in Deus Ex should be.

It also adds new areas and items to the old boss fights, making them stealthable. Good additions overall.

This.

Shame they couldn't just have two versions of the game, The full scale PC version and the scaled down console version.

Developers used to do shit like that but publishers are more anal about keeping the PC versions as similar to the console version as possible these days…

Is this one of the pics girls take to say "look! I'm a real girl gamer!"

gay

That's Anita Sarkeesian, don't you recognize her nose?
yes it is