I've been avoiding this game up until this year, just beat it and thought it was pretty good. Decent gameplay...

I've been avoiding this game up until this year, just beat it and thought it was pretty good. Decent gameplay, great music and atmosphere and pretty good writing.

So why was there so much shitting over it years ago, when it was released?

Go choke on a female penis you dishonest piece of shit.

Did you have to make this thread as soon as the previous one died? You're probably a fag, but to answer your question, popularity. Word of mouth has a history of backfiring from being excessive.

The fanbase is eleven different kinds of awful,and yes,people are genuinely fucking retarded enough to let a fanbase ruin their perception or enjoyment of a game.

this. its not a 10/10 masterpiece but the games a solid 7/10 and i enjoyed it. the fanbase genuinely confuses me a little. so does the praise calling it a 10/10. i wish it was a tad longer but its good for 2 play throughs.

I wasn't insinuating that you didn't play the game you nigger I was insinuating that you know very well why the game is considered godawful.

While retarded, it has some merit. Community development during Mass Effect 1 and 2 was not healthy for 3 and the game.

I agree that this game has a unique personality but gameplay was boring and the music was awful.

Brad Neely on Adult Swim was a mistake.

That makes no fucking sense though because the community cancer didn't jump up until after the game was released.

Eh,opinions,it was my goty of 2015 but that might say more of what i played that year rather then the game itself.

The creator hung around the SJW twitter crowd long before the game was released. He took pointers from them. The whole thing was basically designed to appeal to dangerhairs and soyboys, although it may not have been the original intention.

The music is goddamn annoying and childish.

so what you're saying is 1 and 2 never released. You're reading this incorrectly. Having the community engage with something too closely and having the developers also engage with what the community has too closely can lead to disasters. 3 was fanfic shit at times. Andromeda being influenced by the defenders of 3 and believing someone like Steve "my husband is dead" Cortez is a good character.

Game gave me a fucking painful headache that felt like metal spikes getting rammed into my skull, so it's a shit game.

you know I'm still waiting for some back up proof for this dogshit explanation. Toby collaborated with gigi dg for some art who is pretty SJW during the course of the game, but any and all references for Toby doing what you said he did doesn't exist. he barely fucking posts on twitter, never uses the game tumblr, never uses anything and doesn't answer most questions in interviews. he also wish he never made that original earthbound hack he did because he thought it was cringey.

I'm not really qualified to speak on that since i didn't really step into mass effect too much except for 2.
my point was if you were saying that the community was bad enough to influence development,that made no sense because there was little to no attention to it during it's pre-release

I mean yeah it is just "Let's all get along" the game but i enjoy it for being that,call me a soyboy or whatever if you want.

Really divisive game, overrated by the core fanbase who tend to overlook a lot of problems with the game's overall plot while underrated by the people who almost seem to be intensely butthurt over the game's very existence. There are definitely valid complaints to be made, but the last thread we had on this was a strong indicator that a lot of the people who complain about this thing are massive idiots.

Is a not bad romhack that doesnt deserve all the praise that it has

It has so much SJW ajenda on it is way too ovious and uncomfortable
It is praised for its music even tough its just remixes of other game songs its well done since is not that evident at first sight
It guilt trips you for… Playing, if you want to see all or are too dumb to get the gimik well acording to this game that makes you the worst person ever
It is fucking ugly, the creator made a stable ambientation but why so ugly?

Has nothing to do with gameplay.

It has everything to do with enjoyment.
It's like trying to watch a good movie while someone's screaming in your ears with a megaphone and waving flashlights in your eyes.

It's an RPG. The plot is a key element. It's not like this is some NES platformer where the plot is only in the manual or something.

lol no

Thanks for correcting the record, fam

Bravo Nolan

Spaghetti Westerns and Sergei Eisenstein films reek of Marxist propaganda yet they're fucking good.

It's the music. Even a 45 minute MP3 album with decent bitrate is usually more than 100 MB.

because Holla Forums is contrarian

you should have realized this by now. they hate everything that isn't lolishit or nintendo shit.

the fanbase was insufferable but if you don't go to tumblr you don't encounter them. It's like Homestuck, they stay in their own little place so much that when you do see one it's entertaining.

Fanbase, mostly. When it was released right at the start, a bunch of folks liked it.
I thought it was alright and fun, doing some things that wasn't explored as much before in previous games. It's a heavily story-driven game. may as well be described as a visual novel with a rpg interface, sporting a some branching paths in the plot.

When the game was released, Holla Forums was nearly unanimous in liking it. Then tumblr came around and now it's cool to hate it. It's still one of the best games of 2015 regardless.

People won't admit it, but the early Undertale Generals were already obviously cancerous. There's more overlap between tumblr and Holla Forums than anyone would like to think.

It's cute and heartwarming, but nothing spectacular like it's been hyped up to be. It's also an absolute memefest.

Well more specifically, Holla Forums liked it up until popular youtubers started playing it. Within roughly ~45 minutes of the videos going up on the channels people were complaining about it being fotm. Which really doesn't paint a good picture of what people who happened to complain about it, because it softly implies that they watch said youtubers to be contrarian to them.

There were no undertale generals when it came out. It was brand new and there was nothing to discuss other than who got however far they did. General threads came later after people actually beat the game, which is how all generals occur.

WRONG

Of course there were. Where do you think the "Goatmom" thing came from? That shit already attracted undesirables like furries en masse.

When a leftist watches a good film steeped in non-stop hardcore right-wing propaganda and says he enjoyed it, then I'll agree with you.

It's just incredible how much asshurt this game causes here now.

Ahaha wow you are a massive faggot

The first few were alright. Went downhill pretty quickly, though.
The reception here was pretty good from what I remember, but it was clear from the get-go that it would breed the most cancerous of fanbases.

Yes
Some tracks are alright
No.
kys

I mean the logic presented is pretty intuitive, you kill someone, their friends are sad that you killed them. The game does tell you plenty of times you can just spare people as there isnt really any reason, other than what you presume coming from other games. You even get a character, presented as being malevolent, encouraging you to kill. Its stuff you see in old kids tales.

I agree on the first two, but the "unknown gender PC" feels more like wanting to have a blank slate more than anything.

This is almost always the fucking case with this shit. Like how people here who accuse others of "reddit" seem to know about about the site than anyone else, hell in the previous thread we had for this there was that one twat who used the "if tumblr likes it then its shit" argument while displaying his very extensive knowledge of everything that tumblr likes.

That one genesisfag was a decent guy though.

You can do the same with a female or male. What does being the opposite sex imply when you're a kid?

The only things that are remotely leftist about the game are Mettaton and the guards, unless I'm forgetting something.

It might have to do with the fact that The actual protagonist in the game isn't the character you name in the beginning

mettaton isn't a tranny gay theorist

The way the game does the whole Chara thing makes it obvious that it was made with the intention that the player would to input their real name at the start. That doesn't quite work if the player's sex happens to be different from the character they are naming (or think they are naming)

Does it matter?

Not really. The game has a segment where mettaton was originally a female ghost who decided to go into some kind of "change" (surgery) and become a male robot. You can't make this shit up.

The problem is that entire chara shit was fucking terrible to begin with tbh.

user the ghost talks about finally getting a body, there's nothing tranny related at all, even in imagery or using similar wording. The ghost's gender isn't even mentioned and neither is fucking mettaton's.

Who is a female and Mettaton is a male.
The ghosts house is a girly as fuck pink and her neighbor refers to her as a "her" if I recall.
Mettaton is most definitely defined as a male. The "oh yea" voice when you activate it is somewhat fay but most distinctly a male voice. The fact that its chest is flat and its anatomy in the transcended form is male is also a big giveaway. You have to be retarded to think otherwise.

… what?

t. an user who's happy he didn't play this

Looking up on the topic I can't find any mention of this at all. Yes his house is pink but we already know the character is effeminate as fuck so that doesn't really prove anything.

Also his "new body" being some tranny shit doesn't really make sense since he's talking about the first "metal box on a wheel" body he gets which doesn't have any sexual elements whatsoever. It's also established in the genocide route that ghosts do dream of having corporeal forms.

People hated the game by proxy because they hated the fanbase. Which is retarded because the game itself is decent.
You'd have to actively go into the fan communities to be able to get mad at them, so those people only have themselves to blame.

What "who sounded like he had a relationship on her" supposed to mean? Whose is "he" and who is "her"? You would make more of a point if I knew what the hell you are trying to say here.
So why the hell is his "true form" so damn camp then? You're arguing he's a FTM tranny when they're the ones who desire masculinity.

The other ghost.
The female ghost who lives in a pink ass house.
I think you're just dismissing basic things and trying to interpret it to fit your argument here.
It doesnt matter how camp it is. It's still a male you dip.

Napstablook? You do realise he and mettaton are cousins right?
No I legitimately have no fucking idea what you're trying to say due to your shitty english.
Yeah its a male, my argument being its a male ghost who got himself a male body and was camp as fuck because he was camp even as a ghost. You're arguing that a female ghost, who desires masculinity, would get herself a male body and then proceed to act as feminine as possible. That doesn't make sense.