Was it ever good? was it ever even mediocre?

was it ever good? was it ever even mediocre?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD8CEA812E5832184
youtube.com/watch?list=UUXI9J_Gqc2bLB-JjOA6BPig&time_continue=15&v=5h-JQ-noUPI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No it was shit and anyone that supported it in any way is partly responsible for the SJW invasion of vidya.

It was decent when they were convering stuff from the GCN (aka Nintendos purple lunch box) and the Xbox

Attack of the Show was 10/10

It was good before it became an even shittier version of Spike tv, but at least they were allowed to criticize Nintendo on the shows.

Mods are clinically retarded.

This board is slowly turning into Holla Forums v2.
You'll get banned for the slightest reasons.

like spamming shitty threads and suspiciously getting instant replies and 2 am?

The one thing I miss is Cinematech. That show was pretty relaxing to watch.

Nobody fucking cares /shareblue/.

I miss Xplay, and 2005 as a whole. Those were comfy days…

Lord no.

Who the fuck calls it a "gamecube nintendo" ?

GCN stands for "gamecube nigger"

*nigger*

spoiler failed

Who the fuck called it Dolphin

Blame Holla Forums mods. Those glow in the dark niggers killed the board and opened the door to a mass of redditards. Now it spreads everywhere. Holla Forums did as bad if not worse by opening the door to reddit's SJW.

Icons was a pretty decent little series. Though Youtubers make better content for free these days.

Ever consider running a search on "NGC" to see if it would cause difficulties with search engines?

This. Also Adam Sessler pretty much invented demonizing Japanese games to look cool.

There was that golden age before AOTS/X-Play took over when they had Portal/Cinematech/Cheat/Blister

I only ever had it on for the game trailers. The stupid individuals talking ruined my vidya boner.

You could turn on your tv and watch video game related programming. That was unprecedented outside 30 second Toonami reviews. For that reason alone it had some value. It also featured some whores.

Hey fuck that shit.

Wew, those are some olden caps. I recall now talking to her privately about some tub of jello business.

what were you gonna do with the jello tub user

I didn't start it. That was her fuggin funtasty. I told her I had a gf.

Quit this retarded rhetoric. You sound like an sjw yourself.

I was too poor to have the (((premium))) cable channels growing up so I never watched this shit when I had cable TV.

I just miss the magical ps2 days and when things where not a formula but still really experimental. Only racing games where a formula from a to z.

AotS was representative of all the shitty things about that channel. I watched it pretty much only for X-Play occasionally, and usually even then to scoff at their reviews.

I got banned recently for suggesting an user work out and get in shape after he started bitching about being a fat, balding weabo. I don' think Mark/Volunteers is anywhere near the level of ImKampfy though. That turkroach is killing Holla Forums and everyone knows it.

red orchestra being a 3/5 seems pretty generous I think

I liked it back in the day before they started playing non-stop cops and ninja warrior. I'm not sure why they torpedoed their own channel.

I would be willing to bet it was budget cuts. The company that owned the channel was probably phasing the whole thing out or looking to sell and didn't want to sink any more money into it.

Go snort another line Sessler.

I liked the show Code Monkeys even if it was a stoner comedy, the artstyle and references were good and not too in your face/le meme comedy.

During that time they were just marketing shills with edgy and sexual jokes, it was kinda good but slowly turned into a fucking pile of shit.

Here's your (((You))) now fuck off back to cuckchan.

Keep ban evading faggot

no and no

Not the same faggot retard.

This part of it was

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD8CEA812E5832184

G4 killed TechTV, it wasn't worth it.

Early on, it was decent particularly with Judgment Day and Icons, but I will never not be mad at how G4 swallowed up Tech TV and killed great shows like Screen Savers and Unscrewed.

Also, Tommy > Vic

Kill yourself nigger, AoS was a shit substitute of the Screen Savers and marked the beginning of G4 going from a gaming channel to a shitty Spike TV knockoff.

No they weren't underage faggot. 05 was when G4 wholly swallowed up Tech TV and killed it.

Yes, it had it's moments and it was just about the only channel with a decent game-related TV show. They had some good reviews but they hit the fan and really started to fuck up. The content stopped being funny, the hosts got annoying, and everyone stopped watching. Now with that being said, Sessler and Webb always had a bit of a SJW vibe, but it was well hidden compared to now where everyone has become so open about their political beliefs and let it effect everything they do. They were no different from anyone else really at that time, because gaming has nearly always been full of left-leaning people in the West. That's why we had the Hot Coffee controversy, because the leading edgelord lied to the ESRB and the company lied to the general public. His eventual excuse was "Fuck it it's my game and I can do what I want to it!", despite it being made very clear that failing to disclose content in a game is illegal. So, was it good? At the time. Looking back was it mediocre? Totally.

FACT: G4 WAS GOOD WHEN WE WERE ALL 12 LIVING IN THE SUBURBS LISTENING TO LINKIN PARK WATCHING DRAGONBALL Z DRINKING PEPSI WHILE PLAYING HALO CO-OP ON THE EASIEST SETTING DURING WHICH WE CONSUMED DORITOS AND LOOKED AT PAINTBALL GUNS ON EBAY IN INTERNET EXPLORER CONNECTED THROUGH AOL ON A 56K MODEM BEFORE HOPPING INTO OUR BALDING FATHERS' LATEST MIDLIFE-CRISIS-IMPULSE-SPONSORED JAPANESE-BUILT SUV TO HEAD TO THE MALL AND GET MORE SKATEBOARDING SHOES AND THIRD-RATE IRREGULAR LEVIS AND MOUNTAIN BIKE PARTS BEFORE HEADING HOME, VOTING DEMOCRAT AND MASTURBATING TO THE LATEST SEARS CATALOG WHILE HUFFING PAINT IN YOUR GARAGE BEFORE TALKING TO PEDOPHILES ON AIM PRETENDING TO BE WHATEVER CAMWHORE THEY'RE RANTING ABOUT ON MYSPACE WITH A MATRIX QUOTE/ANIME CHARACTER NAME/TRIPLE SIX-ASTERISK-PARENTHESES-SURROUNDED SCREENNAME BEFORE HEADING TO YOUR SUPPOSED "GOOD SCHOOL" IN THE MORNING TO BUY MORE POT TO SMOKE DURING YOUR COUNTER-STRIKE LAN PARTY WITH JIMMY AND THE REST OF HIS FRIENDS TAKING RITALIN AND ADDERALL AND PROZAC EIGHT TIMES A DAY BEFORE TAKING A CASUAL PASS AT LOCAL, STATE OR NATIONAL GOVERNMENTAL FIGURES, LEGISLATURE, OR STRUCTURE TO APPEAR EDGY AND INTELLIGENT IN FRONT OF YOUR BUDWEISER-SNEAKING, LIMP-WRISTED, NEAR-TO-COLUMBINE SOCIOPATHIC "DEEP" FRIENDS WHO PLAY THE VICTIM WHEN THEY START LOSING ARGUMENTS SIX DAYS BEFORE THEIR BOTCHED SUICIDE ATTEMPT SIMPLY BECAUSE SCHOOL TRAMP NUMBER TWELVE WOULDN'T GO UNDER THE BLEACHERS WITH THEM TO LET THEM GET TO SECOND BASE BEFORE THEIR THIRTEENTH BIRTHDAY.

Really though, it still pains me a little that everything good about Adam Sessler was made by writers. At least Judgement Day had someone who was genuinely good (Tommy Tallerico)

No, it was full of faggotry. They tried to make fun of a legendary video by call it it "so full of the suxorz". Fucking cringeworthy. Kevin Zeeff rules

Dealing with the ESRB and their ratings is an entirely voluntary process. It's not "illegal" and it's worrying that you were led to believe such a thing.

I wanted to rewatch some Portal and somebody was uploading recorded episodes to youtube and dailymotion last year but it looks like a good chunk of them got copyright nuked. I can't find them anywhere else and it pains me to know this shit will never get released because it's too obscure and wouldn't make any money.

Not if you want your game to be carried by stores. Ratings are not necessarily mandatory, but they are mandated by nearly every major retailer in the US.
Also, it is 100% illegal. It's outright consumer fraud to lie to a rating board about the content of a video game being rated by that consumer board.

this

Guess vidya journalism was never particularly good nor even decent

Pretty much, but Talarico was at least entertaining with his horse racing and footstep sound autism.

No, it was shit. And it killed the one good tech channel that was on TV at the time.

Yeah, I remember techtv, back when there was one thing on TV that was actually nice to watch and wasn't a 4 hour marathon of COPS every day.

They could've kept some of the best Tech TV shows after the merger, but instead we got Cops, Cheaters and Heroes.

I've insulted several of the cuckchan faggots coming over here and haven't been banned. I've also made posts shitting on the labo and haven't been banned for that either. It smells like you yourself are from cuckchan and trying to stir up a moral panic about the moderation, as what is defended in the picture is just a raid from there. Yes, everyone knows a fucking cardboard box for $80 is retarded. The problem is that it's being used as a cover for garbage from halfcucks. Shitting on a cardboard box can be separated from allowing halfcucks.

>>>/cuckchan/

I remember that. He bashed every Japanese game that had an anime-esque art style regardless of how it played.

Its the secound time /kemono/ wins, while /fukemo/ was the 23th

superior

I would care, but you are from cuckchan as you also posted the 56% garbage from there.
The fuck does that board have to do with this?

back to your hole

I always be here, see ya round space cowboy

BUCKLE UP NIGGAS WE GAT

BACK
BACK

CAMPUS PD FOLLOWED BY CHEATERS

Why nuke it if they don't offer an alternative? Taht's just being an asshole for no reason.

The only thing I liked about G4 was early morning Beast Wars and that Kaiju battle show.

Kaiju Big Battel? That was great.

is that fuckin linetrap?

looks like Sue Lightning

Yeah, this sounds about right. A product of a bygone era.

You weren't alone pal. Worse part is I actually like this show back then I wanna die

this hits home

Code Monkeys was the only good thing to ever come from that. It was 23 hours of Cops and one hour of Adam Sessler being an elitist faggot about Western games.

Don't feel too bad. You're not alone.

You can see all traces of SJWs and leftist cucks in the shows. It does not matter that they were kept low. It paved the way for the impotent cucks that we have whining today.
That alone makes it shit.
Even Tallarico, retard as all leftists are, started to sperg recently. He had nothing to lose from the current political climate. He had both western and japanese musicians by his side. And STILL the idiot started sperging about politics just to appease his cucked "friends". Now he is struggling to keep Video Games Live going, without even knowing where the hell he will play next time, as he is being boycotted in a lot of countries.

GOT FUCKING DAMN IT, I WAS GONNA REWATCH THOSE SHITS

G4 was only good before the techtv shitmerge
xplay and attack of the show is normal fag dogshit starring even worse human garbage

I remember I drank some Vodka the day the channel ended. That Candice bitch sure was cancer, not even passable as a gamer gril.

Cheat had a better whore tbh.

G4 was fun before the internet got good (got shitty)

I'm sorry, I had a mind lapse and equated G4 to TechTV
My mistake

Vic was a fucking faggot.
(checked)
Please no. I'd ask for some proof, but I don't want to be disappointed to see the only entertaining personality G4 turn into a cuck.

The internet was bound to push TechTV out of relevance, hell, at least year before the merger TechTV was already airing unrelated filler content like Conspiracy Theory, Nerd Nation, and reruns of Max Headroom and The Thunderbirds. Though the other hand they also had Unscrewed, Anime Unleashed, and Wired for Sex.

Look for Twitter and VGL related foruns.
He is not full blown out (yet) bt he is already complaining of "changes" that the conservative mindset may cause to his pet project and "troubles" that it can create.
My bet is that he is in debt but circumvented it (probably illegally) and now is afraid of being caught.
If it is not that, i don't know. Maybe he is just another butthurt leftist.
The thing is, his shows are declining in quality at the same time that he chose to sperg, and that made some countries simply cancel VGL for lack of audience.

I'm looked through his Twitter, it's all self-promotion and VGL shit. Nothing spergy that I can see, at least in the last few months. I guess he's keeping politics in the forums.

I do not miss the 2000's one fucking bit.
Any time I start to feel a bit nostalgic I just put on one of these types of videos and feel glad I don't have to listen to my sister blasting this at max volume with her friends in the basement.

The 2000s were indeed a trash decade outside a few things, mainly vidya in the earlier half of the decade. Anyone nostalgic for that era was a little kid in that time. Everything else was shit and only got worse by the decade's end.

At least we had EEnE, but holy shit did it also give us DA.

The best part of G4 was the time Adam Sessler got fired.

What?

Christ alive, could your formatting be any more fucking cancerous. Some of us are actually trying to read the shit said here.

Edd, Ed, and Eddy.

I hope there won't be a 2000's revival 20 years down the line. The 2000's were a fucking terrible time.
9/11, tons of pointless wars, the economy went to shit, mass censorship really took off, the internet took its first big drop in quality, everything about that era makes me glad it's over.

Flor what purpose >>>/reddit/

Portal was a great show. Pretty innovative for pre-youtube.

I was going to argue, but you're right. Most of the 2000s was simply taking good things from the 90s and transforming it into something more shallow and cancerous. 2010s are a special layer of hell, though.

The sad part is you know there will be a revival. People are predisposed to looking back on their care-free youth with rose-tinted glasses and selectively ignore how shitty the era they grew up in really was. People think that because they were a kid who had no external worries in a shitty time means that said time was entirely care-free and fun for everyone that wasn't a dumbass like they were.

I remember a show called Code Monkeys. I also remember it being the funniest shit I had ever laid eyes on. Rewatching it a year back gives me stomach cancer and the jokes are plebian-tier dude weed lmao or straight up cuckoldry. If not that it would make me sick to see every single SJW trend popularized into a single show.
Really makes me think of exactly how much T.V affects us in real life.

You had one job

Or he may deleted it. It began slightly after the 2016 election. I did not archive at the time.

I liked it before it became the COPS channel. Don't get me wrong, Cops can be fun to watch sometimes, but when you take the only channel with vidya news and discussion and ruin it with that, fuck you.

I only ever watched it when I couldn't play games. Everything other than Reviews on the Run was fucking trash, if I want to watch shit about video games, it should either be reviews or history and trivia, not faggot-ass skits and bullshit "humour".

It was 'good enough' in its time, before YT eCelebs and Revision3Gaems had opened&closed.
Some of the shows and overall quality may have not aged well in the same way that some older YouTube videos have, but you could call most people 15 years from now, where most people's nostalgia tickers begin pumping up more.
embed related has aged like a tasty-ass hefe though

I actually remember having to do nuclear attack drills in elementary school. That was the 80's, though so no duck and cover bullshit. It was just a standard tornado drill that the teachers completely phoned in to mark off the checkbox because at that point with modern ICBMs and warheads - you'd probably just be better off going outside, walking up the nearest hill, and kissing your ass goodbye.

Plus it was pretty evident that the Soviet Union was on borrowed time at that point. Gorby was making sweeping reforms, and nuclear reduction was making decent progress. Aside from Regan rustling some jimmies with his "Star Wars" bullshit, it was clear shit was winding down anyhow.

Still, shit was pretty fucked back then and a lot of shit I didn't really understand as a kid makes a lot more sense now in context. It has been pretty nice not living with a hair trigger arsenal of nuclear weapons hanging over our heads for the last few decades.

Stay salty, Hawaiifags.

Why don't modern youtube gamer fags learn something from the past?

These anons get it. There was that small window of time when they effectively split G4's and Tech TV's great shows and put it all on during the day, with the best stuff being after school. That was the best era, but I think it only lasted about six months. When AotS started was when they took a dump on the line-up.
*That being said though, I still watch G4 Icons and Cinematech sometimes on Youtube**

I wonder what those faggots on the west coast would have done if they were in that situation? Would they be too stupid to even acknowledge it and spend their last minutes blaming trump on twitter? Would they commit suicide because they want to pussy out of the potential pain of nuclear fire? Would they suddenly realize worldwide politics ain't nothing to fuck with, and reform their SJW ways? Or would there just be a massive AIDS boom as everyone fucks each other in the ass as their last act on earth?

You're 100% right. You typed it up like a dickhead, but you're right.

Once more with only marginal blurriness.

I'll admit, the 8 month long merger that was G4TechTV was pretty great as they kept most of the best shows between both channels (though stuff like Portal and some of the Tech TV shows were already cancelled by then). First time I saw it was just going to be "G4" in February 2005, I knew it was only going to lead to something bad. AotS really set the stage for how shit the programming became. Once Electric Playground was exiled back to Canada and they chose X-Play over Judgment Day for their review show of choice, I pretty much tuned out.
Also that pasta has been archived for almost a decade newfag

Lurk for 10 years.

All of the above. Crazy shit happens in the end times. Will my sister ever ask me to fuck when the great happening occurs?

4 and a half inches

How do you look down and not kill yourelf?

Even if they were about to die, why would his sister ask him to fuck?
fake and gay

Maybe his sister is as ugly as he is.

Hot.
Shame she wasn't a loli, though.

Are there any good stories from that incident? You can't tell an entire state that they will be dead in 15 minutes and not have people do a ton of crazy shit.

Ouch, dude. It's a fine size. right? RIGHT?

user, average is about 6 inches.

Don't lie to him, no woman is satisfied with anything less than 7.

Men perceive the average penis to be 5.6", women perceive the average to be 5.5", the actual average in the US is 5.7". In the UK, average size is 5.1". Penis size is also more important to men than to women - an NHS study showed that 85% of women were satisfied with their partner's penis, while said partners only had a 55% satisfaction with their own penis.

As you can see by pic related, however - made in a cookie-free browser session in the US - the entire nation of India appears to consist of insecure dicklets.

Also as a sidenote, if you lose weight, the fat buffer around your dick will vanish and it'll look even bigger. So if you're insecure about your dick AND a fatass, you probably stand to gain an inch or so by working out and getting swole.

Hope springs eternal.

Their "G4 Icons" documentary series is still very entertaining to revisit and watch sometimes. I recommend anyone reading this to watch an episode or two.

I remember that I use to like watching those X-Play video reviews too as a teen, but it's kinda hard to really enjoy them nowadays. Now that adam sessler is such a major anti-Trump, pro-anita meth addict.

Attack of the show was decent, but nothing special. And with the nostalgia glasses off, let us not forget how many fucking reruns of Cops episodes that channel had all the time.

I would still bang Kristin Holt though.

No it wasn't.
Screen Savers > Attack of the Shit

You could say the same about the 90's sans videogames, it was a political hell and lackluster for aesthetics. The music was also pretty shit.
I do miss 1995-2004 when videogames were pretty cheap to make while consoles and japanese gaming were still dominant, though.

I miss when 90% of comics posted were 100% mspaint.

Yeah, the 90s are also pretty shit as a decade, especially in the later half.

What will the 2010's be remembered for?

Somehow being worse than the 2000s.

the rise and fall of social justice

Only the fall.
Only them were delusional enough to think that they would rise above their swamp..

The fall hasn't happened yet. If anything, the late '10s will be remembered for the rise of the alt-right, alt-lite, and a general right-wing resurgence, especially with regards to Trump. I think even now we still don't fully comprehend just what a revolutionary act the election is, even if he ends up in office for only 4 years (or even less).

I loved watching Xplay even though most of the games reviewed always got a three out of five.

that's because their rating system was shit

I like TechTV more than G4, they're trying way too hard to be "geeks" while acting like a total normalfag and dudebros

It never took off.
As soon as they gained notoriety, People started to shut them down and run them over with cars.

The rise of general faggatory

It was literally MTV for video games. Nothing spectacular, but it'll always have a special place in my heart.

you got a new fucking demo disk EVERY FUCKING MONTH fucking crazy. now games don't even have demos.

"bad for sales" sales people say.

line trap has a podcast now and is very annoying. smokes like a pack a day some shit.

youtube.com/watch?list=UUXI9J_Gqc2bLB-JjOA6BPig&time_continue=15&v=5h-JQ-noUPI

Sue (in the video) does cosplay a lot and streams all the time

leo is an asshole, i stop watching twit a long time ago.

Leo was still more respectable back in the day than the cucks on G4. And quit posting like an illiterate nigger.

no woman will refuse to have sex with you if your dick is too small, she may only have sex with you once but she will not refuse. women WILL refuse to have sex with men that dicks are too big for them.