Is the division still ass? i read that 1.8 “saved” the game, but i’m not convinced...

is the division still ass? i read that 1.8 “saved” the game, but i’m not convinced. it pretty much looks the same as beta, and that was ass.
tbh i’m really tempted to buy it now since it’s on sale on humble bundle

Truly there's a better game you can acquire or a game on your backlog you might want to finish instead.

Its much better than it was but also its kind of not what it was sold as anymore.

To be fair its not entirely Ubisofts fault -and i dont think ive ever said that before- the Dark Zone was a great idea on paper but multiple streamers getting gangs of toadies to bodyguard them -or worse just camp the DZ1 entrance to kill newbies for their DZ keys ended up killing off the Dark Zone in its entirety.

Which is a shame because at launch before that shit i had a great time lurking on department store roofs and shit picking off rogue agents with a marksmans rifle. Good times now gone.

Still a fun game. It has gotten better as Destiny has gotten worse.

and everything you just wrote was put to waste

i just finished my backlog last week. are there any other fun mmo or mmo-lites? i’m sick of the “let’s copy wow again” and the “the only good part is the endgame” tropes of mmos.

The Division should have been a giant city that takes place years after Earth's fall at the hands of hell. The city is divided into 3 areas, each area owned and controlled by its own demon lord (one being beezlbub cuz he's cool). Players ally with a demonlord by wearing his gang colors and go to the other two controlled areas to complete attacks missions, or stay in their own to run defense missions.
The game is almost all a darkzone, you fight NPC demons and humans and player characters as well and can loot them.
Dying a lot causes you to turn more and more into a demon form and allows you to use demon type weapon or you can just stick to human weapons as well.
Later if you are among the best players in the game you can also side with the last of the angels who can bless your weapons and heal your demon status.
There will be daily world bosses which are huge and awesome and drop sweet loot and scheduled gang v gang fights that happen and allow you to take over areas of the map.
Variety in demon enemies goes way beyond the 3 archtype enemy NPCs in the division and add for lots of variety in game play.

I mean, I enjoy the game, because I enjoy shitty Diablo 2 with FN Fals and assorted slavshit, but it's seriously not worth more than ten dollars. The PVP is pretty shit, there's a decent amount of enemy variety, but they're all boring, the endgame amounts to running the same missions over and over again to get gear, and the Dark Zone can be either genuinely fun, or complete shit, depending on who you end up in a server with.

No, The Division should have been about an arcane numerologist who goes mad after divining the will of the gods. A schism within the school of numerology which essentially ran the greatest country in the world coupled with the mad sorcerer's designs causes you, the player, to solve intricate puzzles and traverse the world in order to defeat said mad man. Sexy math waifus abound which open up new puzzles for you to solve

There's a free trail if you already have uplay installed. I played a free weekend awhile back I thought it was ok, but it had that "fun with friends" vibe granted I was kinda rushing though the content before the free weekend ran out. Nice setting, & pretty well optimized though.

Well there's Warframe if just want to shoot shit, & Secret World Legends if you want some puzzles. The first area of SWL is well worth experiencing at least once.

Step aside son.
Let a real man show you how to do it.

Step it up senpai.

Bullet sponge enemies were a mistake. If they ever make a Division 2 I hope the gameplay will be closer to Ghost Recon.

Oof.

Eh, it's alright. And the freebie cosmetics you gain through regular play aren't horrible povertywear either, so you can make your character look passable without buying the loot boxes.

1.8 made the game playable, but I wouldn't call it "saved". It's just don't feel I'm bashing my dick with a hammer, now its just receiving a very lousy blowjob. You will cum eventually.

Kill all the Ubishitters in this thread who actually bought and play this.
Hang them as a display of weakness and ignorance, hang them on the main avenues.

Make Trudeau watch while he is being decapitated with a Scimitar.

Muh meme spacing!!!11!!111

Triggering

isn't

it?

Admittedly, every single line is rather annoying. It should really only be used to separate ideas, as there isn't a reasonable way to insert an indentation to indicate a new paragraph on imageboards.

A shotgun mouthwash is the prescription a doctor should give you.

It's still shit. 1.4 broke builds and now it's all cookie cutters and dark zone bullshit. They added some intensely boring survival arena shit as an alternative but those are garbage too.
Basically the game was at its best from launch up until they decided to listen to the hardcore streamers and revamp it from an RPG to a tactical shooter with bullet sponge enemies. They keep inching it towards almost playable again but, per usual, you'll always be funneled back to the darkzone.
Because, you know just what everyone who spent the last 60+ hours of gameplay doing co-op wants to do is deal with pvp where people can murder you for your loot.

at the state that its in now, worth at least 15 bucks, other than that dont buy it.

the first piece of dlc they released is the only thing worth playing as it makes you actually play in a different way, the way the division shouldve been in the first place. in fact you could say it did pubg before pubg was a thing. 24 players start out and everyone has the same gear. you have a disease which will slowly kill you unless you get medicine to keep it from spreading. clothing actually has a purpose other than offer protection from damage since you are stuck in the middle of a blizzard and you will die if you arent properly suited. the other ways to keep going is either by safehouses, lit barrels or going in the tunnels.

the objective is to get to the darkzone and retrieve some samples of the virus and get the hell out but theres enmies that become stronger as you travel to the middle and eventually you will come across other players who may or may not shoot you. when you call in the chopper, the hunters arrive which is one of the toughest enemies out there. they arent bullet sponges but they have every ability at their disposal and will fucking throw emp blasts to disrupt your shit and they will also rush you and one KO your ass. all in all thats what i enjoyed the most.

One thing i will give em is that it has more rpg elements than most games that proclaimed to be an rpg.

Cuckchan fuck off!

I see what you did there.

is it just me or is cuckime getting more and more retarded?

You're right. The days of LotGH and GitS: SAC are gone.

It’s you for using terms like cuckime you walking therapy session.

reminder goons hate beauty and the best way to combat them is to shove it in their jewish faces

massive worked on the division

fuck off back to plebbit, faggot

go to the ffxiv and wurm threads and tell them that, you underage neanderthal

you type like a shill

what is an rpg

maybe it's just me, but I love the Division.
this user is right about the early Dark Zone, but because humans are scum, it got ruined.
It's still a fun grinder though.

Massive also developed the Division
good studio

I rather enjoyed that each sector had a different "JTF Contact" that talked you through submissions.

Mission Mom was nice.

How to get the old face masks from previous events?

Allegedly they might rerun Global Events periodically. On the one hand, i'd rather keep having new ones, but on the other, the GEs are kinda fun, and i really, REALLY want the chemist mask from GE1

Post yer builds faggots

fuck off and make a division general. is the game worth or not? i’m leaning towards no now

you’re a shill and you know it

Mission Mom and the jewish guy.

If you have friends then it's worth it.

The only characters I remember from that game were electrician /k/, and the guy who was pretending not to be a mob boss.

Told you, it's worth if you can get it for 10$, at the very most, and if you enjoy bullet sponge enemies.

Division is unironically better than Destiny and Borderlands.

What do you think, OP?
Serious question: Has there ever been a game that was complete shit at launch but managed to recover eventually and become good? Much less a game made by shit-tier companies like Ubisoft? I can't think of one.

I think it was that guy. One of his side missions starts with him saying "oy vey zmir".

LMB and Cleaners did nothing wrong

I wish there was a way to choose a faction. It would've made the game more interesting.

No wonder they were such a shit PMC.

Everyone who bought the Division is part of the problem the video game is currently facing, uninspired garbage with mirotransactions and season passes.

It's only for cosmetic items. You can't buy gear or weapon crates, you can only earn them by playing.

You get standard loot from killing enemies, you can also craft your own shit AND you can buy gear with ingame money, and you get bonus loot from completing daily missions. You get these loot boxes as a reward for leveling up past max rank, playing certain game modes, or doing daily crafting shit. I mean, do you always get butthurt at opening the chest at the end of a dungeon in an RPG, or do you also get butthurt at randomized enemy drop tables?

How much of a cuck can you be

If you're still buying Ubisoft games in "the current year" you're an idiot tbh

just become a jew landlord

It should have been CIA vs. Hired Guns to decide the fate of Gotham New York.

This would have made the game actually interesting instead of generic "I must help the poor oppressed retards." Also remove bullet sponges and instead scale enemy AI to make later factions more dangerous.

Is it still a rpg, bullet sponge bullshit? It would be literally the only thing that makes me remotely interested in the game. It would have been a cool Ghost Recon-esc diversion, but instead it's a completely unrealistic fucking mess. You're telling me that I need to shoot a guy who has a simple Armour on around 100 fucking times, or "level up" to shoot less bullets? In a realistic setting? Fuck that.

Bullet sponge yes, but gear-related, not level-related. Level does pretty much fuckall.