ITT: Game Dev Quotes that make you Hate

Quotes from anyone else in the industry is fine too. Just no e-celeb shit, has to be related to the industry.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/YaDWj
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off cuckchancer, this is a board about VIDEOGAMES, not e-celebs

Obligatory

lol

Don't remind me.

any leftist tripe that comes from kojimbo

This.
And don't let the shills derail the thread. It is always a good thing to remind people of the idiots that are developing games for greedy corporations, so there is no doubt when the time to ruin their profit and boycott their games come, when (not if) they commit a mistake.

op's post is literally what made me quit pokemon. i wish it wasn't a corpse being kept alive with money from rabid furries.

polite sage. just curious, got any screenshots or vids of him saying stuff like that?

You want me to direct the next Super Smash?

The proper way to make smash would be to sit a bunch of 10 year old in a room to come up with how the characters play, and then have the competitive autists balance and refine it. Actually, now that I say that out loud, that's how most games should be made.

Don't have a screenshot on me, but was some tweets about him being "very concerned" about the state of Western politics and, of course, the current president of the United States.

SSB is a party game, not a competitive serious fightan game.

Depends, if by competitive autists you mean faggots like ASSFAGGOTS players you just couldn't be more wrong. If you mean quakefags or fightan autists we'd have some good stuff on our hands.

Competitive is competitive, making arbitrary distinctions like that makes you look like a frustrated cuck.

Why the fuck does he keep coming onto Smash even though he clearly fucking hates it and the people who like it.
Says Melee will be the last Smash he works on, but then when Nintendo starts talks of making Smash3, hes there immediately and fucks it up with Brawl.
Says Brawl will be his last Smash, but when Nintendo starts talking about making Smash4, he again shoves himself in.

Only because Mashpotato doesn't want it to be and he intentionally gimps the series every chance he gets.
Brawl:
Smash 4:

Because Japanese office hierarchy systems and money. Nintendo will always go to him to direct it first because he's got the seniority and he will always accept the offer because Smash Bros prints money. Even on the failure that was the WiiU it was the second best selling game only beat out by the surprise success of Splatoon. Every time a Smash Bros game comes out that's another 5 years of him being able to do whatever the fuck he wants over at HAL Laboratory.

Iwata asked him to do Smash 4 as a personal favor, and Sakurai and Iwata were close friends.

You guys are both autistic as fuck
Smash never pretended to be a serious fighting game to begin with. That doesn't mean it can;t be competitive though. That's what Samurai was trying to say, that's why Ryu is in Smash 4, it was supposed to be indicative that Smash doesn't compete with fighting games, not because it's not competitive, but because its not a fucking fighting game

Look, after the cancer that was the Melee community and by community i mean literally a bunch of players that break their own hands while playing i'd step away from the competitive angle too. And Smash 4 is a balance between "party game" and comp fighter anyway.
Fightan tournament community is cancer, pure fucking cancer, and you don't want that as your audience because they'll push other people away from your game by giving it the appearance that it's high tier hard entry shit when you're just making a fucking casual party fighter.
There's nothing fucking wrong with party fighters, not every game that exists has to be heavily competition based when the worst people come out of those tournament holes.
Seriously, I have no idea WHY it's considered negative to not be a certain way in a genre, the game's still fun, it works well and there's no bullshit and that's all that matters.

I'd rather have different approaches then the same shit over and fucking over. It's a waste of my money.

There isn't anything wrong with party fighters. But there is something wrong with a director who hates the idea of people playing his game competitively so much that he actively changes the gameplay to fuck them over. It'd be like if the director of Quake got mad that people were rocket jumping and then patched it out and made sure no Quake games in the future had it. Or if Valve patched the one-shot headshot off the AK in CS:S because "You're not supposed to be using assault rifles as sniper rifles"

Honestly? No it's NOT wrong, it's their game, they decide what they do. If they want to fuck you over, complain all you like, it's their decision to do so.
This is what entitlement actually is. You feel entitled to be catered to as a community when honestly the competitive community has really done nothing but start nigga boast fights and act pompously for money.
Either like it or don't, but they have an intended audience and you fucks aint it. They want people to have fun, and hyper competitive play is not about that, it's about straight money.
You shouldn't be surprised when anyone looks at what you do and is disgusted, people tolerate you fucks from a distance because it's polite, that's it.
You don't get to have a say, you can give suggestions, and if they're fucking retarded they can be ignored.
Playing to the fans is one thing, but taking every suggestion even at the detriment to what you're trying to make
is not smart.
Maybe you need to step back and understand that you're retarded before you shit all over this.

What could've been without that old gook Holla Forums?
Thinking about it still makes me angry.

Holy shit, Masuda is a faggot and cancer to Pokemon.

We don't deserve people who think like Morimoto.

?? what's wrong with that quote? It's correct, people do play on iphones a lot nowadays and games for iphones can't be demanding because of overheating and they generally shouldn't be too complex either because nobody would play them. I can tell you never tried actually designing a game. You just sit on your ass and criticize others for wanting to make money like a sperg.

I think it's also the way a lot of Japanese developers think. They rarely communicate wiith heir audience and simply do what they think is best.

Take Salmon Run in Splatoon 2 for example. It's available only at certain times of the day. Sounds retarded, but that's how they roll.

Gen 6 was the beginning of the end.

Sperging out and fucking over your own creation because you're fucking assblasted about your fans liking your creation is always wrong

You're either doing a shitty job "trolling" or you're genuinely retarded. Read it again, and don't reply again before you actually understand what is being said.

Miyamoto hasn't actually changed at all, he made classics back in the day with his team with the idea that simplicity is best, because the limitations of the hardware forced him to comprimise. Being the stubborn japfuck that he is he has not changed his stance when he can do loads more, and likely sees RPGs with disdain because he thinks they suck or something i don't fucking know.

What is clear is that the industry has grown, and Miya"Sticker Fucker Upper"moto has not as a developer.

Stop having dumb ideas and maybe make a fucking game if you're so pissed. Do it better, do it YOUR way. Serious challenge to you here. It's easy to criticize, everyone's a fucking critic, but few actually know what the fuck they're doing and create shit.

Instead of complaining about being betrayed, make something. Do something. If you don't that's fine, but this shit is small potatos. What are you going to do to CHANGE his direction, complain at him when he doesn't give a fuck about you and despises your community?

It is wrong when people are having fun with something you made but then you screech "No! You're not having fun the way I wanted you to!" and then rip out the parts people were having fun with. You try to make it seem like a game can't be fun and competitively viable at the same time when Melee already accomplished that in fucking 2001. I didn't know what the fuck Wavedashing was until 2011 and it didn't stop my friends and I from enjoying the game without utilizing any of the high-level stuff tourneyfags use.
But you know what does stop my friends and I from having fun? Putting in shit like tripping because apparently there's this thing called "Dash Dancing" that you had a sperg fit about and decided to put in a mechanic that fucks over normal play as well as competitive. How many casual players complained about tripping? A lot. How many have complained about dash dancing? I've never seen it.

Where's your giant portfolio of games that you've made everytime you thought something needed to be changed in a video game? You must have quite the expansive studio to create a game in response to every complaint you've ever had.

still makes me mad to this day

But you can appeal to the 5 year olds and the super autists. Make money off of both of them and everyone benefits, I mean melee did exactly that, intentional or not does not matter it accomplished that and was one of the most popular and best selling games on the gamecube.

It's funny how older games make this seem so much better because they used to have whole teams dedicated to fun, and now it's just
You used to be able to find neat shit in games that was interesting to look for. There's none of that now really. Whenever I play newer games I always check around corners and in deep crevices looking for things and will usually find long hallways that are completely textured with absolutely no point to them other than "world building." If you're building a fucking world put something in it for me to look at, god dammit. In SotC you were rewarded with great vistas because that's all that game was, that and fruits and lizards. You had to find the colossi, so in contrast the world was barren and you were forced to look in the deepest pits for these unsocial creatures. Exploration had a point in older games as far as the character goes, and now it's either nothing or it gives you a super gun that kills everything or a joke weapon otherwise.

Sometime I wonder if IS (and other Nintendo developers) just needed to stand up for themselves against Miyamoto's strange ideas (like no new characters) but just pussied out.

I always thought they did that to guarantee a large amount of players online at one time, instead of a much smaller groups spread out over the course of the day.

HGSS is still the best pokemon game to date.

Video game developers never had souls.

If anything your first image just proves that Tanabe's retarded, not Miyamoto

You can't even with the developers for Dead by Daylight.

Fuck people like Tomm. Fuck them.

archive.is/YaDWj

When Oda went on and interview saying that yamazaki and blue mary aren't able to be playable in KoF XIV and they don't put in returning characters like john crawley because he thinks no one will remember them. Like they have no faith in a fanbase to actually know what they're fans of.

PRETTY GOOD JOB SO FAR

has Dead by Daylight ever been anything but a dead gay game?

what a reddit response
get out faggot

Why? its better to fail on your own rather than fail because you listen to someone.

There's plenty of rumors on how Miyamoto runs things but the only one that seems consistent no matter who you ask is that he treats his underlings like dirt, even worse than the usual corporate Japanese culture would be like.

That leans heavily towards esports.

Hey tumblr how it's going?

he said something bad about /ourgodemperor/

So, he did nothing wrong. Smash is a party game. The fun is in the all the random mess happening in each stage and with each item drop. Anything that pushes it in the fighting game direction must be purged.

This. Also, with current FGC, if you pander to them, you will receive all the fags and tranny abominations, along with niggers, yellow monkeys and spic shitskins. If i were to develop any game, i would make sure to avoid the FGC completely.

THIS!
No serious developer wants a cancer audience for his game. If anyone want to play and like Smash, said person MUST like Smash for what it is, and not try to change it to appeal for his personal tastes. Want a competitive fighting game? Look for one. Smash is not one. And you won't change every game to become that one genre that you like most. We want different games that play differently and not just competitive fighting games all the time.

That everything would be better, that is for sure. Shiteru never created anything. He only stole works from other people and put his name on it. Nintendo wanted a face for it's company, and let him keep stealing as long as no one complained loud. When someone did, Nintendo severed ties with said person.
If they had eliminated Shiteru in his early days, we would have a trully innovative Nintendo at the very least.

Yes. And it is cancer. We want quality at the expense of the lives of the creators. Not to give them fortunes and become lazy. Deal with it.

He did not fuck up anything. Fighting games fans were disliking it, and trying to ruin it. Smash fans always liked the random and fun mess. He "ruined" things for the cancer audience of the FGC only, not for the Smash fans.

When you are not a part of the intended audience AND your audience is one that the developer WANTS to avoid, it is correct to do what he did. No game or developer has to pander to you. And diminishing the audience to keep only the fans is the greatest thing to do. The worst kind of games are the ones that try to pander to everyone and to always expand it's audience. Smash is for Smah fans only. And that is a good thing. And all developers should create games this way.

This mindset is what created the shit quick time cinematics that we have today. The sooner non-gamers are eliminated from the industry, the better.

But in the long term, it will ruin the community and the games as a whole, when an entirelly different (and unwanted) audience comes in demanding changes that the fans don't like.

He is right about everything.

As if KOF wasn't a crossover game with Fatal Fury as it's main driving point.
Those developer types that take the work of others and try to impose their own views instead of listening to the core fanbase (and ONLY the core fanbase) are the worst.

Impotent cuck thinking that he will change the view of the creator of the franchise when it is liked by the core fanbase.

So? It was here before esports cancer. If esports adopted it, it is their problem, not ours. As long as the developer don't change anything just to pander to esports cancer, it is ok.

The hack Kojima has said that and you can find the original post in a single search. He is also friends with leftists from Pedowood. He is just another leftist hack that put his name on the works of his team (the TRUE creators of everything with his name on) and is now concerned that he will be found to be a hack by the mainstream normalfags, without Konami's cover ups, and is trying to blame President Donald Trump's politics for it in advance.

Can I get a source on this?

That's a different scenario.

Rocket jumping is an interesting skill that enhances the gameplay. Wave dashing just utterly breaks the game where it stops being the same game when it's involved.

People need to stop with this balance autism. Some times bad balance can make a game fun. Either you can use it to wreck face or you can ignore it and it doesn't interact with you. It's options and more options is good when you're not a try hard faggot.

what about quotes that make you love?

FTFY

Too bad he's a total cuckold now that actively supports NISA despite them completely fucking Falcom and the western fanbase over just because his "friend" runs NIS.

NIS is ok, NIS America is trash. Falcom did not deserved to be fucked over.

Are your terminally retarded, or baiting?

Tell that to all their original founding employees that had to leave NIS for other companies because NIS higher ups decided to use a contract loop hole to kill the pensions of those employees.
Tell that to all the employees that are forced to work unpaid overtime because they refuse to tell NISA to hire their own programmers so they push all the recoding work on their grunts.
That's why 90% of the original Disgea team works for Idea Factory and Compile Heart now. NIS is just as trash as NISA.

What a fall from grace.

Why did they publish it then, and charge money for it?

Your whole argument hinges on a cancerous community boogeyman that only exists in theory. Nobody was ever demanding competitive changes to Smash. Simply not removing the things that that certain group liked would've been acceptable. Also, despite what you say about having to drive away absolutely anyone who likes your game for a nonstandard reason (which is fucking retarded by the way), all Smash games still have a strong competitive following. And I have yet to see a single casual complaining about not being able to play the game because of competitive players.

I don't give a fuck about employees you communist faggot. All I know is NIS makes good games, its the American Translation team that keep fucking those good games up.

FGC is nothing but try hard niggers and spics worshiping Koreans. You could compare it to the spic greasers who race cars they bounce up and down. It's that same faux macho mentality but the only investment it takes is autism and buying the latest street fighter.

It's fucking cancer because the people in it are cancerous as fuck. It's a ghetto.

Is it really a fall from grace when you leave the Ubisoft of japan? You could do anything but join Konami or Capcom and it would still be a step up.

NIS hasn't made a good game since gen 6 and they actively finance NISA butchering their own work. NIS is just as trash as NISA no matter how you try to deny it and that makes you trash for believing that NIS is some how "good"

Fuck Sakurai

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying it hasn't affected people on the outside.

And, yet, Street Fighter 5 and Marvel VS. Capcom: Infinite are the worst games in their series.

NISfags are true cancer.

Get the fuck out.

No really get the fuck out.

You too.

But origins and shattered memories are good!

So that's what happened!

The debate is going to be, 100% of buyers of HG/SS are not going to complete 100% of the game— so why have that extra content that less than 5% of players will obtain?

Look at Steam achievements if you want to see game completion %'s. Those "Obtain all the Achievements" Achievements are typically around what, 3%?

The argument isn't over their capital investment into features that will go unused, but rather, paying the same amount of money for a product with vastly less features.

Highly agree. Extra thing I loved about the games, compared to DPP, the menus were crazy fast and smooth.

Nigger the start up the game achievements usually hover around 50%. You might as well not even make a fucking game with that logic.

Not exactly hate, but here are some quotes that hurt.

It just works.

What did he mean by this?

I should have mentioned that they are not all directly video game related.

That only silent hill fans like silent hill and that they need to pander to a wider audience. Which is fucking stupid and I hate all these faggot game devs that spit on the only people that were going to actually buy the game in the first place so that they can try to attract the CoD and madden players.

and your a retard for looking surface level at the series.

Sure thing, potential child rapist.

quality bait user, however just because it's "their game" doesn't mean the game isn't shit. Like we all know that Sakurai is holding back Smash Bros from being a great game, this is evident from the interviews and things he's said. Reducing speed for a certain controller? prioritizing third parties over Nintendo characters in a game about celebrating Nintendo? Basically telling everyone to go fuck themselves and then starts complaining about MUH HANDS when things don't go his way?

He's not a good director for this series, and hasn't been since Brawl. It's the same thing for Kojima and Metal Gear, like Kojima took all the credit and Fukushima got the shaft as a result despite being the brains of Metal Gear Solid to Metal Gear Solid 3. There seems to be an issue in Japan where one developer gets all the credit for the entire team. The west doesn't seem to have this issue sans for a few attentionwhores like Mr. Shitface and Cliff Bazinga.

Regardless just because they originally made the game doesn't mean we can't question them. Although it's what we question that's important. One of the reasons I personally hate SJWs is that they try to censor games either through localization or criticisms. It's clear they don't care about things like gameplay or ethics, and just want to focus on how many black people there are in a game and how modest a female is in said game.

Now granted you do have the occasional SJW like Jim Sterling that just parrots the basic "Fuck Konami" because that's basically what everyone is thinking. However what separates us from the Jim Sterling's and Bob Chipman's is that we're willing to go in depth with the issue and tell you what we want to see changed and how you're fucking up. Where as Jim Sterling just complains about Pyra having big tits, We'll tell you that the RNG is fucking bullshit and that the game should be as accurate to the Japanese release as possible. Additionally we didn't force ourselves into the companies to pressure developers like the SJWs did, we voted with our wallets and then told you what the shit is.

With that said the Melee community being shit isn't a valid reason for Sakurai being a terrible director for smash bros. It's things like opting for third parties rather than smaller Nintendo games, dumbing down the gameplay in terms of speed just so your little brother can play with the Wiimote instead of picking up the controller like everyone else, not having land and air speed being consistent, stupid mechanics like tripping that makes gameplay as frustrating as possible, unbalanced items, opting in for generic movesets rather than unique ones (Palutena's base move set is a good example of this), too many counters, too many reflections, not knowing how to manage resources for the game, cutting characters despite taking less than three months to make, and giving most franchises the shaft by making them Assist Trophies.

Are you baiting user?

We're getting there, lad. Nu Male's Sky had a fraction of the features that were promised. With enough planning and a spoonful of hope, we will be selling just the cover-art to games. Only a matter of time until even that doesn't work.

Sonic, Mega-Man, and Bayonetta sort-of make sense, Pac-Man and Ryu are pushing it, but to have Cloud come out of fucking NOWHERE is what I'd say really makes people upset the most (Well, that and how half the cast are from only three series, Mario, FE, and Pokémon). They really could have given Eternal Darkness, Sin & Punishment, Golden Sun, Hotel Duck/Last Window, Geist, Wars, Metal Slader, Famicom Detective Club, Devil World, Mach Rider, The Mysterious Murasame Castle, Joy Mech Fight, StarTropics, Shin Onigashima, or Time Twist some attention (Especially when it could help boost sales for the Virtual Console service).
Isn't Tatsunoko vs. Capcom considered to be the best of the VS. Capcom series, and it even allows players the ability to use the Wiimote as one of the control options? I guess Sakurai is just retarded on that part.

I am surprised nobody mentioned this pathetic soy-boy kike.

That's worldwide in every industry and it's constantly happening, but it's slightly more rampant in Japan because someone labeled "creative director" is often totally in charge of all decisions. In the west it's more compartmentalized, which sometimes makes the game shit because the departments don't communicate at all until crunch time.

Literally kill yourself, you fucking retard. Your kind isn't welcome.

You're still right, although what I think his ideology comes from is analog control. That you can't be as good as someone playing with a single Wiimote as you can with a Gamecube controller. He's still wrong however because the Wii Controller is still a bad way to play the game even with how the games are now, DPad vs Analog stick be damned.

SHOO SHOO NECROPHILIA JEW

Is there a way to teach the masses not to have this? Like a single game for what it is/was. Don't love a franchise when it is not finished. Same applies for movies.

So his personal politics are to go to the ends of the earth so you can undo all of your own progress because muh feels?

Eventstatus has been calling out the cancer in the FGC for half a fucking decade and he's still doing it because its still happening and getting worse
keep living in denial because you'd like to pretend the FGC is the same community it was before 2006

No.

I wish

He was getting passive-aggressive about making a spinoff like Book of Memories by insinuating the fact that Final Fantasy did it all the time without any uproar. the fallacy here being that Silent Hill has a much greater reverence for its canon than ff ever did.

So basically, Joel kiked out by damning the world for his own personal gain. Got it, chaim!

pit is the true hero of smash bros
he gave samurai a fatal wound so that he could never make Cash Bros again

Japanese Devs just don't like the competitive scene. This is true for nearly all japanese games. Only western gigakike devs like blizzard actually like competitive.

After finally playing SH2 for the first time in 2017, I somewhat agree with some of these quotes.

I don't know about that. I've seen that cancer spill into other areas. They've had their own SJW melt downs.

Just because only 5% of the player base will use something doesn't invalidate it's inclusion. Only 5% of the people who play DMC will ever reach that top tier of combat where they can juggle infinitely and never touch the ground again but that's what makes it so cool for it to be there. You can define your game by doing something exceptional that not many people can do.

Like wise how many weapons in a game like Dark souls are actually used by people? There's like 5 top tier weapons and maybe 10 early game weapons the majority of people are going to use. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't have options there. The Katanas are a good example, they're all pretty much the same with 1 being simply the best, but having the option of a little more range or 1 different move I like means I appreciate the differences in them.

Making a game deep means it has many options. Some are optimal, some are sub optimal but those options are valuable even if not used by a majority of people. Give me my shitty pet weapon but also give you yours. Finding what we like lets us know that we have many functional options and gives us a sense that there is more to this world than R1 hitting and circle rolling.

This makes me hate Todd haters. His games are a miracle.

Many directors make arthouse films slow because they test the viewers with patience or some shit like that.

I love how it's trying to prove how Toddy is this arthouse indie director when it just proves he doesn't know what he's doing. I'm sure I could also get similar quotes from Kojima, doesn't make him good.

Stalker is genuinely boring though. I watched it all the way through with an ex and there was just nothing of value in the film. It's not DEEP to just have men walk through fields for an hour. Considering how damn good road side picnic is and Stalker just stole it's shit you can see where one had talent and the other had a dick up his ass so long he thought he was a film maker.

Says the fucking idiot who has no idea what making a game entails, let alone making one even similar to Smash Bros. It's amazing to me there are still people out there who say this and don't instantly realize how ridiculous they sound. It's like telling someone complaining about how their country is run to found their own country if they think they have it all figured out. If it was that fucking simple, none of us would be wasting time complaining about it.

I enjoyed the movie just because it's relaxing. Never saw anything deep in it either. It's just beautiful.

I can't find anything wrong with what Todd is saying there. He's saying a sandbox game shouldn't be an action game full of explosions. If someone wants to watch sunrises and be a baker then that's a valid way to play the game. Run a little store selling bread to the adventurers who pass through while watching the seasons change. Isn't my style but I can't say I disagree with it being in the game either.

I might enjoy looting dungeons and fighting cool monsters but I also appreciate the crafters who make my gear to do it and in an open world game I want both to be viable choices if that's your thing.

Before MMOs died they were trying to implement this sort of thing. You had support classes who supplied combat classes, who then conquered new areas which let the support farm better materials to make better items. It creates a really nice feedback loop where players are supporting players. But now that's all gone because they can sell you those weapons and make an extra buck instead.

most of nintendo is retarded, higher ups allow it devs make it happen.

I didn't find it beautiful, it just bored me. The ending is a complete bastard where it shows you something interesting and then just ends.

And while we're at it the guys full of shit any way. The start of the movie has them breaking into the zone with a bunch of gun fire. So it's exciting at the start and the end.

unless they fuck up beyond reasoning no. and even then that only has a chance of working.
while nintendo's brand loyalty was strong and is still strong to a point people like myself realize years ago basically wii and wii u that nintendo does nothing that favors the player. u will spend launch day prices for your games or more months/years later on shitendo products. they never get touched by sales of any kind and it what drove me away as well as shitty translations cut content and physical dlc that pushed me away from nintendo.
ps4 and xbox don't rub it in peoples face anymore xboners know their shit is sucking shit ps4 users know its gonna be years before anyone comes close to them in terms of sales end of story.

Guess all the things you can't do in Skyrim. Everything you just listed.
You can't open a store to sell people bread, you can't become a weapon smither who makes tools for all the villagers to enjoy. None of those features actually exist ingame. Skyrim is nothing but a boring linear dungeon game where every quest sends you into a draugr tomb even if it's a thieves guild quest.
What Todd needs to do is to let players run towns like they can in Fallout 4, but for every town even the ones that the game starts with. People also have to have needs, needs which are fulfilled by building a building or buying something. An example being shelter or food. Kind of hard to sell people food if noone eats.

Posts like these are why Toddposting was a mistake.

No, for Tarkovsky in particular, his shots are a bit slow because he wanted to imprint the image clearly on the viewer's head and not quickly kill it. Many films out there have great shots and framing, but the editing makes the image disappear to quickly, Tarkovsky lets you take your time, there's always a lot of things happening on that slow scene. It's not even slow, it's nowhere near Bela Tarr level of slog, Tarr is just unbearable nihilist crap.

In that quote, he was just pissed when people told him that Stalker is too slow. He basically said that he dared to make the film painfully slower just to scare them away from the theater.

But he knows what he's doing exactly. Making sandbox games.

I think it's deep, it talked a lot about the meaning of true desire, how outside influence and scientific curiosity wreck people's souls, sacrifice, artistic vision, passion, and so on. Stalker is very faithful to the spirit of Roadside Picnic, Strugatsky themselves even worked on the script together with Tarkovsky.

You're obviously too much of a pleb. The truth behind the Zone and Wish Granter are supposed to be extremely ambiguous and obscure to test the characters' and viewer's faith. The Writer wouldn't act like he does if the Zone's existence was clear and undeniable. Just go watch an action movie.

What do you call a sandbox game with no content?

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim?

Bingo!

But Skyrim has a lot of quests you can do in any order. Granted, the randomized quest system is flawed because it takes you to the same dungeons multiple times instead of taking you to the whole map, but it still has more content than many sandbox games out there.

I never said they existed but neither did Todd. He said he wanted to pick flowers and watch sunsets which you can do.

I expanded on the concept and you said that so did Bethesda.

Yea man, fuck me for liking my entertainment to be entertaining. If I want to sit and think about shit I don't watch a movie to do it. I go and sit some where without distracts.

Autists shouldn't be anywhere near a game in terms of balancing. That's how you end up with each class or character playing the same because suprise, there's no difference between them because they need to be as balanced as possible or else those faggots will schreech at the forums about how unfair the game is for a certain character.

In the good old days games were unbalanced and either you were a faggot and played with the strongest dude or you learned how to beat the faggots anyway.

Except it isn't merely their game. They are trying to get me to buy their game. Once they try to sell a product to me, I have every right to explain why its shit, bitch about any flaws it has, and demand that they work to fix these flaws.
If I'm served cold food by a restaurant, they shouldn't be surprised if I dine and dash, or demand that they make my goddamn food right and give me a discount. And in reality, they never are; they apologize to hell and back for the mistake and do everything they can to correct it. Why should game companies be any different, you corporate cock slurper?

Running the same linear dungeons over and over again for randomised quest rewards are Skyrim's entire problem. If I wanted to do that, I'd play Freelancer. At least it had better combat to make up for the repetitive nature of the quests.

Well, Tarkovsky didn't make entertainment, he only made art. It's not for people who find reading poems boring or consider religions to be nonsense.

Fun is still an emotion, and not a buzzword as one poster claimed many years ago.

News flash, dumbass, defining something as art means that you, personally, find beauty in it. According to these other anons, they didn't, therefore, to them, the film is not art.

Because in your scenario the restaurant caters to one person, you, being one customer ordering one meal that they can just remake quickly and send your ass away. The game industry isn’t fucking like that you underage sperg. The game industry isn’t going to take one person or one small groups crying and bend their knee to you.

Movies aren't art though.
If movies are art then so is electronic music and abstract paintings.

Do you actually think everyone has the same tastes when it comes to games? No one is clamoring for the autistic retard audience. No one cares about you or your opinions on games.

And you're a nigger too. If you eat the food, you pay for it. Don't like it? Don't eat it.

So are, fug. I'll go sleep.

The game isn't trying to pander to you. It's like a Chinese not serving spaghetti and meatballs. It doesn't care if YOU like Italian, it's not that sort of product so you can go some where else to get that.

I see that you have NEVER BEEN IN AN ACTUALLY FUCKING RESTUARANT.
Yeah, I can see why telling your core audience to "Fuck off" did so well for Final Fantasy XV and caused Bravely Default to completely and utterly fail…OH WAIT!

Yes, and so is carpentry, and athletics, and communication.

RPGs failed because RPGs are a dead genre. What they did well is no longer special. Now action games behave like JRPGs but have better gameplay than menuing.

Only monster catching RPGs do well any more because no ones figured out how to do an action game where you capture hundreds of monsters.

Are you a bot, or are you just retarded?

Probe me wrong. Tell me what an RPG does better than an action game these days. RPGs used to be the story genre with "cut scenes" in the form of dialog boxes and then FMV. Now every game has those, every game has a story built right in. Those long drawn out RPG stories are now the default in every single game so RPGs no longer have a reason to exist.

Or maybe you're a woman who can't handle action so you want nice safe menus and infinite heal spells.

Art can be entertaining. Some of Tark's favorite films are Star Wars, Terminator, and Charlie Chaplin's films of which he considered to be art for various reasons. However, comedy would ruin the immersion and too much action scenes would ruin the mood and meaning of his films. Like how he only considered Terminator's plot and premise to be art and not the action scenes. More like, some parts of an entertainment can be artistic to a certain degree, but the entertainment itself isn't fully art.

Art isn't about beauty in the romantic sense, but beauty as in truth finding. Sometimes truth can be ugly, truth can make you tremble, but it's what art tries to achieve.

At least in Japan it's deserved to a degree.

Western devs give no shits about the competitive scene, they just see it as a way to make money. You shouldn't be lusting after Japanese developer dick because they don't do esports, the only reason they lack competition is because they're a bunch of soyboy faggots that hate competition because they can't tolerate being shown they blow ass.

A sandbox game shouldn't be a literal barren sandbox with only one fucking thing in it. A sandbox game should be more like a kid's science museum. Lots of different shit to do, all of it entertaining and in the same place. in Skyrim you get a fucking sandbox where they only thing you can do is ply with sand. They don't even give you toold to make a sand castle, you can just dig holes in random spots.

Trying to define art in a world with modern art is retarded. You're never going to find a proper answer because the real meaning of Talent + expression (i.e. it's an art form) is long dead.

Instead you will have retards like you saying action scenes can't be art even though a well shot action scene with well done lighting and shot framing would be more artistic than a poorly shot romantic comedy.

Yeah, and they can't write for shit. I got more "moving stories" out of Parasite Eve and Wild Arms than I do Watch_Dogs and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Hell, even action games from over a decade ago such as Second Sight and XIII beat out newer games and some of the shit even Pedowood is releasing.
I do think it would be nice to be a woman, primarily to have breasts to play around with. Granted, I can still do that as a guy, and attempt to grow them natural or get surgery, but I'll never have the figure, nor the look, to pull it off.

Here's the thing, though, that was for you. You may have found some "truth " by watching that movie, but other anons didn't. They just found it boring. Now, let's get something out of the way, there is nothing wrong with that. Not everything out there is going to appeal to everyone, and everyone holds a different opinion on what exactly "truth" and "beauty" really means. It's just a fact of life. All that you really can do is attempt to create/show something worth appreciating and find gratitude when you find a person who does.

What you're describing is JRPG. Western RPG is not a railroaded experience, sometimes they even lack any story, and what made them special is the way the player creates their own story through a sandbox gameplay, and that's what used to make RPG special. Witcher 3 isn't RPG, it's closer to those GTA clones.

I'm not saying that Skyrim is the best sandbox game ever made.

Art isn't simply talent + expression, in fact that kind of attitude is what brings us to the existence of modern art. Art is a way for humans to assert and express their existence in the world. Back in the day, art existed in form of cave paintings and wood banging. Now that the novelty in such expression has gone, art evolved into an expression of existence not just in physical and emotional level but also spiritual level. Simplifying art into something strictly physical would destroy the standard that has evolved through the ages.

It doesn't matter because the truth in Tarkovsky's art is already asserted. Just because some people can't read doesn't mean that the writing is just a bunch of random scratches that mean nothing.

translators were a mistake

CRPGs are even deader than JRPGS are.

Come on man, you know that you know jack shit about the subject. Why the hell do you feel the need to flaunt your ignorance?

What you're accusing RPGs in their entirety of being mostly applies to JRPGs. That would not include WRPGs like Ultima, and it would not include dungeon crawlers like Wizardry. What sets WRPGs apart is their focus on roleplaying, and the world being able to accommodate your character. To be able to roleplay properly you should be able to make choices, choices which affect both story and gameplay in the long-term. That's usually referred to as choice 'n consequences, where your decisions have some kind of lasting impact on the game world. So NPCs could react to what you're wearing, your actions, your standing, and so on. It's what people made like Alpha Protocol so much despite being terribly unpolished all around. Most such modern games relegate story branching to a handful of obvious choices and do not allow much in the way of roleplaying as you're usually playing as a cookie cutter character with a cookie cutter toolset. When you look at games like Fallout, Deus Ex, Gothic, The Witcher, VtMB, and Morrowind, what sets them apart is statistical player progression and being given a lot of agency to do things however you see fit and to grow the player character in any way you like, with the game world acknowledging your actions.

Dungeon crawlers have next to no story to speak of, they're mostly focused on combat, exploration, party composition, looting, and so on. Dungeons then have a lot of set encounters designed to challenge you in certain ways, traps to be wary of, secrets to find, and so on.

JRPGs do not entail the entirety of the RPG genre, nor is the story the main point of the genre. Ultima IV, one of the genre forefathers, had very little story to speak of. It all essentially came down to you having to understand and exercise Eight Virtues by exercising the Virtues in some way and meditating in the respective temple, after which you could descend into the Stygian Abyss and obtain the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom in order to obtain true enlightenment. There's no bad guys to kill or things to save, it's just you on a quest on enlightenment. NPC's couldn't say more than a few words at the time because of technical limitations, and your dialogue options were restricted to single keywords like JOB or BYE.

Yes, and?

I now suspect that you're just shitposting for the luls

When you put Fallout in the same group as Vampire and Morrowind you can go fuck yourself.

I don't care what pet genre you have the fact remains. RPGs are dead. The only thing remaining is autistic randomize dungeon crawlers or autistic MMO hat collecting. The genre just isn't there any more, it's too expensive to make CRPGs worth a damn and no one cares about JRPGs any more.

user, you are putting your subjective opinion over everything and saying that you are the voice for everyone. You’re a child if you think that way.

Don't worry, we already have this piece of fucking shit.
There's still no LAN so even if we cracked this shit to have everything we still couldn't even play it offline

Go look at the JRPGs that still do well. It's all monster collecting. FF was the poster child of the genre and now it's a MMO.

Restaurants don't cater to one person either, retard, yet if they fuck up your meal they'll bend their knee in no time. The same logic applies here; As long as you're a customer, you have a right to complain, and fuck the cuckolds like you who think otherwise.

Go back to sucking dick and paying for shit games then faggot, I'm not gonna, and nobody is gonna stop me from not buying trash.

False equivalency; Nobody goes to Chinese restaurants and asks for Italian, and nobody is going to Sakurai and asking for strategy games. What we're asking for is competency and quality, not for a specific genre. Or are you one of those niggers who like to casualize the shit out of games?

This.

Am I misunderstanding the argument here or is there a reason for why you shouldn't have to put in some effort in your posts?

Calm down mate, it's just a video game genre. I'm not sure why you're so eager to proclaim RPGs are dead. Besides, the user above you linked a thread to the overwhelming critical and financial success of Divinity: Original Sin 2, obviously the audience for RPGs must still be present.
Not really. Jeff Vogel has made a ton of them all by himself and still manages through their sales, and recently we saw the releases of Underrail and Age of Decadence in the indie scene, which were quite positively received.

You don't see a lot of real mainstream RPGs anymore, RPG development mostly moved to AA and indie studios now because mainstream appeal for RPGs isn't that great anymore unless it is made by Bethesda or takes the cinematic route. There's quite a lot of interesting new RPGs on the horizon with games like No Truce with the Furies, Copper Dreams, and Pathfinder: Kingmaker (and PoE 2 for Sawyerists).

Even with the shitty netcode and broken skills, it's still one of the better AAA mp shooters out there. The graphics look great and the physics feel better than UT.

So basically if it's fun then it's not art?
Then I guess a lot of modern games ARE art :^)

And you’re another retard who should be binned.

As a long time QW player I can't accept QC in any capacity whatsoever. It has no meaningful content that any other Quake game doesn't already have, and they took features out of the game. You have to buy "heroes" and it's an awful CRAPCUNTS. At least with loot games like TF2 you can still play the entire game without paying any money. Also any "Quake" game that I can't play at my LAN parties is not a fucking Quake game.

You're a cuck who deserves to be extorted by shitty companies.

Based Chesschad sending all the brainlets into the rage cage.

I sometimes wonder if SJW's didn't plot and kill his dad just so they could bring his self esteem down and lure them into his grasp. Fucker went full 180 when that happened. I'de like to think if he didn't bother posting on the internet for a while after his dad died he wouldn't be such a faggot now.

How do you do, fellow gentiles?

Including Duck Hunt Dog, a character with only one 30 year old game and probably as many cameos over the years (the ducks themselves have probably had more admittedly) as the Ice Climbers.
Add Corrin, another one off FE character, outside of Fates and FE Warriors spin off how many more games will he/she appear in? (Every FE character is probably going to be in Heroes). Having an Anna, that could represent the class change system (and use different weapons that aren't fucking swords) would make for a better and long lasting FE rep.

Do you know what's even more fucking up, by that definition, since there is going to no more new Mother games, shouldn't Ness/Lucas not return?

Cults always prey upon the vulnerable. SJW's seem to mobilize every time a creator suffers a great personal loss. It's happened a disturbing number of times. I can't help but wonder what in the SJW gospel sounds so appealing to people who suffer tragedies.

Why should they include Captain Falcon, Wii Fit Trainer, the Kid Icarus cast, Shulk, Mr. Game & Watch, Rosalina, any of the FE characters, Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Doctor Mario (If you really want to get that deep)?

Who's that smug slut?

You seem to have forgotten about a certain JRPG.
Does this look dead to you. Don't be a retard.

Well he got that right at least

But you can.

But it's their fault because they're still trapped in the turn based isometric meme. The reason for Bethesda's popularity is because they always experiment by giving their games first person view for more optimal interaction between the player and the world and by adding elements from other games. What modern CRPG's lack are innovation and, dare I say it, streamlining. Isometric games are never popular because it's something that was born out of technological limitations, not something that was ever truly desirable, yet RPG fags can't grow out of it for whatever autistic reasons.

Fallout 1, 2 and NV are all CRPGs though. You're thinking of Fallout 3 and 4, which were made by a different company.

NV is too dialogue and plot heavy to be called a good CRPG. FO4 is a better CRPG than FONV.

Stop feeding the troll, folks.

I think he was saying he was ashamed to be white, and wish he wasn't

Literally his Mary-Sue, a character that technically debuted on Smash before his appearance on FE, even Cloud's universe managed to appear on Mario games.

You mean his wrist AIDS?

That fucking korean stream where he got destroyed by an average team of Survivors was pure catharsis.
What an incompetent fuckwit Cote is, complete shit at his own game.
I can only imagine he'd have a fucking mental breakdown if he ever played high rank Killer and had to face teams like that and worse on consistent basis, considering he couldn't even handle a few flashlights.
Maybe then he will start to understand some of the balance problems of the game.

God I hate this fucking shitty game so much and I hate myself even more that I cant fucking stop playing it.

I really fucking like the Slime PS controllers.

Is this the faggot who made the "Silent Hill 1 Re-imagining" that is Shattered Memories?

tl;dr

The game is not for you. The developers don't want YOU as their customers.The game is made with ONLY the core fanbase in mind.
Any unlimited expanding of the customer base deteriorates a game at some point. The expansion that the developers want EXCLUDES THE FGC TOTALLY.
YOU are unwanted. YOU are the ones that definitively will never be heard.
Deal with the fact that your demands will never be implemented becase they are what WE, the core fanbase, don't want to happen to the game.
The game is not made for you. Don't like it? Don't buy it.
Want a competitive fighting game? Look for one. Smash is not one, and the core fanbase don't want it to become one. Anything that is taken away for preventing it to become a competitive fighting game is ok. We want fun, and not balance. We want random party style gameplay, not definitive mechanics.
The game is not made to broaden the aducience indefinitivelly. Assoon as the FGC reaches OUR game, it is the time to stop broadening, to keep YOU away from it.

Calm down there polygon

I understand Sakurai's example is not quite like this, but why is everyone attacking this statement?
It's not wrong at all

Nevermind, reading all i realize half of the thread is newfags and plebbitors
What the hell happened in the last 3 months

I hope Podesta is locked up and raped by ten miles of nigger cocks a day for his role in this.

So is bunnyhopping.

You wish.
Smash was never meant to be a competitive fighting game. The main developer even said so. And he actively works to prevent it from becoming one. And STILL faggots and slave races from the FGC whine that it was "ruined" for them, when it was meant to be like that from the begining. Nobody that likes the party game that is Smash wants the FGC in, nor Smash to pander to them. And STILL they want everyone to just agree with them and bow to their demands. They are unwanted, and shall be kept this way.

Turn items drop to "high", chose stages by random, play with 4 players ONLY, and have fun with the party game.

I've heard that they are surprisingly comfortable in the hand too.

You write like a faggot, but I agree with absolutely everything you said. Autists just suck the fun out of Smash. If you have to turn off around 90 fucking percent of the game features, and play in an specific kind of map, then you know the damn game it's not for you in the first place, and yet, the For Glory bullshit was added to calm autists down, and they still bitched. Also, nice pic.

What anime is that?

White pride: Bad

Jewish pride: Good

Boku no Chris Hansen

>>>/reddit/ and stop being a pedophile on Holla Forums.

How can I be one? Their fucking drawings.

All fighting games are party games.

Thanks, faggot. Autists and FGC in general are cancer. If you have a group or entire community, as soon as those two types show up, purge them.

I don't have the source on that one.

Lolis are here to stay, impotent soyboy. They are not real human beings. Tell your fat whale that owns you and hate lolis to fuck off.

You can play all of them as party games. Smash was DESIGNED as a party game from the start.

Not true. Fighting games have the potential to be fun, this is not true of party games.

I haven't enjoyed Smash since 64, it's just that "it is the time to stop broadening, to keep YOU away from it." is gamers are dead tier writing. There are fags who play beer pong competitively. Stop being assblasted about other people having fun the "wrong" way and laugh at them when they sperg out. Problem solved

I'd tell you to just iqdb the image, but that's actually not turning up results for it. Try saucenao.

This. There are autist on both sides, both the FGC and Smashfags, that want to disqualify Smash Bros. from being considered a Fighting Game. But here's the thing I completely reject the contention that the only games that qualify as fighting games are SF2 clones and derivatives. That's way too narrow of a a definition. I remember back when fighting games were considered a subset of brawlers/beat'em ups. Mascot fighters, wrasslin' games SF clones, MK clones, even games like Yie Ar Kung-Fu are all fighting games as far as I'm concerned.

What the hell, this has to be bullshit?

But that's exactly what happened. Well, not with rocket jumping, which in my opinion is a good and intended mechanic, but with strafing. The movement system of the first Quake was different from the third one, which is why people started bunnyhopping, since it managed to circumvent the newly fixed diagonal turbo. Which ironically made Carmack even angrier because that's not the way they designed the game to be played and it looks all sorts of dumb. There is a quote of him where he comments how players are supposed to be Schwarzenegger type badasses running down corridors, not bunnies.

>YS: If you think about this one as being maybe similar to Metroid Fusion, then I think you'll have an idea of how the story will play out. It's still linear in the sense that there's a progression, but there are side areas that players can go into. It will retain that true, Metroid feel.

Technically you can if you're married. It's just stupidly inefficient.

Only a pretentious faggot would deny this truth.

Beauty and truth have been separate concepts for a while. Fuck, they have been separate concepts ever since philosophers went full pedantic. Beauty in art really means "aesthetic" beauty, even if sometimes there is beauty in the imperfections or the grotesque. You can also make art that's deep and enlightening to add another dimension to it, and I think the richer art is, the better it becomes, but when we talk about the dimension of beauty in art, we really talk about it aesthetics, no matter which one of your senses perceived it (if any, maybe you perceived the beauty just in the mind).

While on the topic:

Anything Yoko Taro says. He always goes on these edgy too deep for you conversations about what it means to be a RPG protagonist. Alright games though.

this guy man, just.. fuck him

DO NOT REMIND ME, HE WAS THE CHOSEN ONE
Dingaling made Lisa and then died, that thing ain´t Dingaling anymore.

Tetradev go home.
to /agdg/, we miss you. You're a sperg but the game was fine.

because church is full of sinners?

No. The more they enjoy it, the more they by it and the company will force the developer to bow to their demands, which we don't want to be implemented in the game.

But the FGC are worse by a milestone. They carve to break the game as soon as it releases. And don't forget all the faggot abominations and nigger pandering. All are reasons enough to never let them get near any game outside their group.

This relates to what i said above. Innovative ways to play a game, sure. But there never tolerate autists that actively try to discover ways of breaking the game in a way that it plays completely different from what it was designed first. The FGC community is full of those mentally ill that only want to discover game breaking mechanics as soon as they can. A developer is right when he wants to avoid such audience completely, even if it means removing game mechanics.

A sad example of how a stubborn old man will ruin a development team if he is not fired or at least contained.

This. To hell with autists. The game was not made for them. If they attached themselves to it and still demand changes to appeal to them, instead of the intended audience, THEY are the problem. Not the game, not the developer and not the intended audience.

That reminds me of SF's Ono in hueland when he was asked all sorts of pretentious questions about Lara's design, and his response was just "i like hot brazillian chicks".
Those pretentious "journos" (aka, child rapists) are a cancer that MST be completely exterminated so games can be fun again. They always think that there are some deep meaning in anything, and forget that good developers design games for fun too, and not put pretentious shit thoughts into every decision.

Literally anything by this faggot

They literally look it after all. Very smooth and plushy.

You sound like you don't know how to have fun.

But the problem is that they don't enjoy it. They don't. Their whole thing is to bitch about how bad the series is because it doesn't cater to them and play shit mods instead. They don't like the series and are whining that a video game doesn't cater to their perfectly peculiar tastes, kinda like what game journos do for a living.

Nah, we definitely enjoy it. Just because we don't like later entries that much doesn't mean Melee isn't still fun.
That's like saying people are autists for preferring Thief to Thi4f, or Chaos theory to Blacklist, or AoE2 to AoE3, etc.

The problem with Melee is that it went in the opposite direction of what the series was supposed to be. Melee was not accessible to any random fuck who has never held a controller, not even close. To people like that, it was beyond intimidating. And while I'll agree that tripping was pretty stupid, Sm4sh at the very least tried to bring the series back to it's roots as a casual fun party game. It's impossible to cater to both, so they cater to the mainstream - the bigger audience with more money.

Are you for real? My 7 year old nephew got into it after a match. It's any harder to get into than the N64 one.

That is such an asspull of a statement it's beyond retarded. Any and every single time I can recall being in a gorup of people who wanted to play games, the one game that was universally played was Melee. The only time that wasn't the case was when they had Timesplitters 2, an Xbox and Halo, or an N64 with Star Fox or Goldeneye.

Well I entirely disagree about melee. I was 8 when the game came out and I had a blast playing with other 8 year olds with absolutely no problems. Nothing about that game kept me or any other scrub from playing even as a tournament scene slowly brewed on the coasts. The thing people seem to forget is that you don't HAVE to play in tournaments or with tourneyfags. Honestly the chances of you being friends with a tourneyfag for melee isn't especially high. No one, and I mean no one, is forcing anyone to get gud at the game.

10/10

I think of this every time I hear a game "journo" talk about designs and whatnot.

As someone who wrote at least 1 popular song this is very much true.

I went balls to the wall with symbology in my last short story on purpose. At first it was meant to be a middle finger to people like that, since it was meant to be read by literature critics in a contest, but then I found it to be easy and started enjoying. Now I am a symbolfag, but only if they are easily deductible using internal logic

What song?

Tell us so we can shitpost at you about it.

The first and third pics are absolutely correct, you waste of flesh.
Here's your (You)

That's why they hurt (Because companies refuse to accept this as fact).

We don't have fun by breaking the game in a way that it is impossible to play differently without being defeated.
All the choices and variation go away the moment that a game breaking mechanic is found.
Getting rid of said mechanic is the right thing to do to prevent endless repetition. Look no further than Tekken or Street Fighter tournaments, to see everyone playing the same 3 or 4 characters (in games with 20 or more) because they can use a game breaking advantage of those characters and all else are useless against those.

Exactly. That is the right thing to do. The game is not to be enjoyed by those who want to break it and turn it into a repetitive boredom.

You can see this in all western countries. all journos are followers of the same child-rapist guide to journalism. It was always there, but it became worse after Half Life and Portal. Every cuck now thinks that all games have "writing on the walls" that exposes further the plot or that everything has a hidden meaning. They carve for the thrill of discovering hidden things to the point that they have become paranoid pieces of shit that almost DEMAND secrets to be "found" when there are none.

What about Silent Hill? Yes, there was some supposed symbolism, but nothing to the extent of answering the deepest questions of life?

No user, you don't.

Why though?

Isn't he the reason why Brutal Doom became a thing?

It's amazing how much salt from liberals was produced on that day

Yoko Taro just fucks around and it's awesome! Like when he said he wants to make a porn movie, I would actually watch it for the story not even joking!

Oh, you’re jealous that people find him fun. Must be a sad life you lead, then.

Nah he has nothing to do with it.

A piece of shit that never made a good decision in his entire life. Feels good that he is so salty about us.
Don't forget that this is the failure that even his father hated, that had ilegitimate children all over the place, that dated and married a literal whore and put her in the position of producer on Ion Storm, while using money for the company to put breast implants into anyther whore. The list goes on and on. Romero is a talentless hack and it is good that his life is becoming more and more miserable.

I was refering to the fact that journos/child rapists (they are the same) always want secrets, even when there are none, or always demand deep meaning, when there is none. They always ask pretentious questions first, instead of the simple one: "what made you create (insert name) this way?" and leave it as it is.

Then you finally understood: YOU have. We don't. And we don't want you enjoying the game, nor becoming a majority of the customer base that will demand changes that we don't like.
As i said before: the game is for US, not for YOU.
You understand all of it now.

All developers should be like what he is now. Create for fun and money and that is it.

He fixed so you and other unwanted audiences could not get into it.
You paid for the work of someone that does not want you liking it. It is your problem.

Stop tormenting me with lolis. I'm not a fucking lolifag.

It is pleasure, not torment. And they are all 53 years old. I checked.

Nigger, I paid for something, and then he ruined it, I have the right to be angry and criticize the artist. Furthermore, I have the right to warn people against buying from this artist so they don't meet the same fate I do. This is the equivalent of a chef telling you to go to another restaurant because you wanted a refund after you found piss in your coffee.

lolis for everyone faggot

He's japan's version captain save a hoe too.

>>>/treblinka/

This is how one can tell whatever you say is all a personal problem that you overinflate.

Normalfags go homo

You can complain all you want, just know you’re being a huge crybaby about the thing. Not everything can be equated to restaurants because, again, the game industry doesn’t work like the food industry.

train awaits. bye.

user, this type of thinking leads to stagnation and echo chambers. Listen to critique, just be know what your own vision and be aware not all critique is good critique. pic unrelated

He did not pissed the food. He put ingredients that WE like and told YOU to fuck off.
You paid? Your problem. The game was always for US, and you ought to know that when buying it. Like it for what it is, or don't buy it. If you know that it is not what you like, go find something else to play. No one among us want your demands to be implemented.

They are not real and no children is being harmed, impotent soyboy. They are here to stay.
Also, they are all 53 years old.

Then just go ask Smash (the party game) fans. The majority agrees. Even the developer agrees. You are unwanted and things it will stay this way.

Projecting, cucked soyboy? Who "does not care" and still replies?

The "critique" is "we (FGC fags) don't like it". The answer is "we (Smash, the party game, fans) like it". Therefore, the game is made for s, and not the FGC fags.
Don't like it? Don't play it. All those fags from the FGC jst want to make Smash one of their games, and it won't. Their whole community is unwanted and we, the ones that like Smash, want it to stay that way. When we like everything in the game, this "stagnation" is a good and welcomed thing.
If they want a balanced and competitive fighting game, go look for one. smash is not one, and we like it this way.

You could have said to go ask yourself. There is no need to act like you are the majority, soyboy.

no they are not, however you are a still fucked up pedophile diddling to drawings of children, just like a person who masturbates to gay drawings is gay, and I have every right to call you such, because that is what you are, a filthy lolicon. Also lolis are not videogames so unless you keep your shit fetishes to yourself you will be called up upon them.
Deal with it you piece of shit.

Good to know that Nintendo did everything in their power to stop Smash from getting into EVO

Weebs like you ought to be killed. Also you're probably some kind of foreign type, so why don't you just go back to wherever you're from, then contemplate the merits of suicide.

Yeah, loli is shit unless paired with shota

Are you a faggot?

Who are you quoting?

Shota is always gay. You are, therefore, gay. Go away you homosexual.

Witty corporate meme twitters are all the rage now. Which can be pretty cringey. I don't see anything wrong with the shitposting getting faggots angry though.

Fauno is that you?

Who?

Are you kidding me these are fucking great
While I perfectly understand corporations trying to appear hip and cool is cringeworthy, the fact that they're actively pissing people off is hilarious and thus I want them to continue doing it.

Again, I ask.

Why mention something that gay?

Develor have been doing this shit for a while now as part of their image. They were RL shitposting a little while back too.

Stalker isn't a movie you watch with someone like a gf.
You watch it for yourself and relax at how slow it is.
Stalker is very calming, and when you're just there listening to the conversations it becomes something you ponder about.
Not necessarily muh deepest thing evar, more like something you think about from time to time.

I genuinely think it's better than Solyaris.

Visual novel that he was talking about that has Drakengard characters called Angelegna and I kinda wish it wasn't a joke

There is some really good instances of this like Wendy's and Sonic twitter. They do some strange shit though sometimes.

Others have already pointed how stupid the rest of that shit was, so I'll tackle this part: Sm4sh was entirely pandering to tourneyfags. That's why they made a god damn final destination version of all stages. That's also why the game prominently displays smash mode while hiding the single player content. That's why they didn't add anything other than characters and stages.

She did get in through the fan vote.
Didn't need to be there, MM is already a good Capcom rep.
One of the things I hate about Smash's roster selection seems to be this Japanese bias for series, it's like any game from a western dev/market seems to skip it consideration (ED, Geist, StarTropics) and get nothing no trophies or music included. I wish the Brawl assist trophy for GS should have stayed in Smash 4.
It won't just boost sales for the VC including any game that gets a rep (that people didn't play originally) seem to get a boost. Look at all the folks who wanted to buy/play the out of stock Wii U Bayonetta games after her reveal (but didn't fucking buy them they originally came out) which Nintendo acknowledged but only with reprinting the sequel. Xenoblade would be another example, people giving a damn because of Shulk. Starman.net always report a increase to their user base after each Smash release. Sometime it feels like Smash educates fans on other game series they haven't heard of (and causes them to buy them).

The massive mobile game causal audience already does that, only going for things that a popular at the moment before drift off to the next fad.
Look at developer Rovio, no other game they make has become popular unless it has the Angry Birds name slapped on it.

I'll admit I feel like the original 12 characters from SSB 64 seem to have some sort of legacy/non-removal status in the roster despite their relevance or current series popularity.

I would say he's there for "retro" inclusion and solely representing an entire Nintendo hardware line in one character.
Because Smash 4 was developed by Namco and even Miyamoto asked Sakurai to consider him for Brawl.

if i recall correctly it was a shitposter that got hired officially

I know Romero is a talented hack especially now in days but it seems like he would rather push SJW propaganda than actually work on games these days.

*talentless

That's what I don't get. Smash should be a celebration of all the Nintendo games from the past, big and small, but especially those games that aren't popular enough or are to obscure to get a game of their own now days.

It's one thing to not pander to an undesired audience but when you go out of you way to mess with your game just to give the finger to said audience then you've left the path of good sense.
It's just like that guy that keeps making threads that hates speedrunners and wants to go out of his way to make a game with the primary design of pissing off speedrunners.

You absolutely cannot stop people from doing that. Not without breaking it for everyone else and even then you will fail.

Then go ask them, cuck. You will get the same response.

Lolis are video games too, impotent cuck. You can even ban me, and never will be able to ban lolis. And they are not real children, so it is ok.
YOU deal with it, impotent failure.

They did not want it to be in Evo. That was one of the few things that both american and japanese branches agreed upon, before being pressured to backpedal: they did not want the FGC audience.
And it is precisely because of such pressure that the overall Smash fans don't want the shitty current FGC audience demanding changes for their tastes.

The more they expose themselves as crybabies, the better. Normalfags will just walk away, and it will be easy to convince them that the crybabies aren't worth anything anymore.

You have good taste, user.

The guy gave an interview (you can see the video in any video hosting site) talking about how "a developer must be able to make a game about rape if he wants", then, (((suddenly))), he is now presenting himself as a leftist SJW.
The guy was a parasite and talentless hack from the beginning.

They are doing the right thing. It is THEIR game for THEIR chosen audience. Why should they not change things to exclude unwanted audiences?
As for "cannot stop", the goal is to keep those away. Implementing or taking away everything that makes them lose interest. It works pretty quickly, when done this way. And the games are still fun.

Every time I see your autistic ass crawl into a thread I will give you this.

Collateral damage you dumb fucking sperg.
And in the process you ruin the game for everyone else. And didn't the fighting game smashfags make an FG friendly hack of one of the Smash games anyway? You cannot run off people you don't like by shitting up you own game. That's retarded.

Damage such as?
Having the unwanted audience boycott the game is a desirable outcome. As for everyone else, even no fans that still get interested in Smash, they will adapt to the game. The thing with the FGC, and specifically them, is that they want every game to adapt to them. That is why they are unwanted in the Smash community.
Those that wanted, made a HACK. Not the original game. The developer understands that we want Smash to be kept as random and as party game as possible. He can take various amount of things, and still keep the fun by letting the randomness and party aspects in.
Again, he did not "ruin" it for anybody that already like Smash for what it is: a party game. The ones that felt the game was "ruined

…are the ones that did not liked the game for what it was. AGAIN, the ones demanding the developer to appeal to them, instead of the core fanbase. He did nothing wrong, as none of the changes ruined the game for the fans.

Deal with it.

just look at him go.

Story in a game is like a story in a porn movie. It's expected to be there, but it's not that important. - J.C.

The quote encapsulates more than just the games themselves, but rather the whole ideology and the very soul of the people making these "cinematic" or "story-driven" "games". They are, at their very core, porno directors, and shitty porno directors at that. Porno directors who think they're making high art, but are ultimately making a repulsive, unusable and ultimately unfit to consume product.

That quote is retarded and only applies to certain genres, namely shooters and platformers Try making an rpg or an adventure game while following that mindset while following that mindset, certainly some great games could be made like this. The Legend of Zelda and Gauntlet are good examples, but people nowadays expect story with their role playing game, the Japanese have spoiled them to that end.

top wew

You seem to have dsylexai my freind my freind.

This, except porn isn't always shit.

Fuck off.

I never said it was always shit.

shut up you japs fuck! don't make us play nuclear football up you ass again!

This fucker will always be at the top of my shitlist. Complete cunt of a videogame developer.

I'm agreeing with the harsh comparison, except porn with plot can be fucking great while pretentious art house shit that can only wish it was movies unlike even Uncharted actually trying to be both is just up its own ass and thinks it's good without doing anything to deserve the shitty creators sucking their own repugnant dicks, deformed or not.

The guy who designed both Samus and Wario deserved better

What's his problem? Is he going to be the next Alex Hirsch, "sorry no Bayo 3 this year, I'm busy teaching these kids a lesson on twitter. That'll show them"

Flat is justice nigger.

titties are better

Which interview is it. He has done countless interviews.

All boobs are created equal

You are the only one who thinks that, nintendrone.

This.
Developers that focus in their plot are just hiding the low quality of their games.

Deformed kikes and their hate for the japanese take over of the industry.

Deformed kikes sperging about "muh nukes" when Israel is closing to be overrun in it's own territory by the sorrounding sandniggers.

Good taste, user.

An old one, with a bunch of western developers talking about censorship in games. Romero was just one of many, but he specifically said that. Look on Hooktube and you might find it.

No, i'm not. FGC fags are unwanted, and it will stay this way. The majority AND the developer agree.

Stop deluding yourself that your opinion is common, pedokike.

He's a retard, but loli != pedoshit