Listen to commentary for Rogue Leader

>cutscene in question is minute and a half and can be skipped if you've seen it before

Then why are they complaining? Long cutscenes are fine, as long as we're not reaching MGS4 levels of length.

Long ass cutscenes in games only feed my alcoholism at this point. I can't count how many bottles of rum were emptied early because shitty devs decided to shove a 15 minute cutscene in the middle of two short action parts.

That's not really the point, user. It's that the mindset of developers used to be "we want to make good games," but now largely seems to be closer to "we want to make good experiences." Back then, a minute and a half not spent playing the game was pushing what they felt was acceptable. Completely different mindset from today.

I think the point he's making is that Rogue Leader was too good for this world.

did that game still suck complete ass once the control patch was released? I've been meaning to revisit some launch PS3 games for shits before the discs become hard to come by

This.

Yes. It's rather astounding how they were able to make a game about flying a dragon completely boring but there you go.

I want to compare dev commentary and interviews for something like Academy with say, Force Unleashed. Did TFU devs even mention Academy's lightsaber combat and why they didn't expand on that system for their lightsaber combat?

Everyone who worked on Unleashed was probably fired a month before it even came out and blacklisted from the industry.

What for?

Way to miss the point, you fucking idiot.

No >>>/reddit/ they aren't

go play call of duty you impatient millenials

thanks for saving me some time, user

It still hurts.

offtopic but it struck me that because disney can't not rehash episode 9 will be called jedi rogue

Making the protagonist a heterosexual white male.

There is literally not a single good game with cutscenes.

Yo this game fucking sucks ass, who cares. Shitty controls and boring repetitive missions. Why am i surprised that star wars fanboys continue to defend below mediocre content for purely nostalgia sake even all these years later.

why is it that everything is shit always

People liked Factor 5 back then since they were aspiring programming wizards from the Amiga scene. Then Lair was shit and then they died. :^)

Jews.

R type was always style over substance shit. Turrican is just ok.
The only really notable thing they did was outstanding compression for re2 on n64.

People always go on about rogue squadren and other star wars games of the era like kotor and jedi academy or republic commando but the truth is they are all pretty average liscensed games with maybe one of two neat ideas but not enough to hold up the entire game.

You know what's sort of funny? People will be eager to bitch about how much time a cutscene takes in general but nobody complains about going through text-based dialogue exchanges that take just as long. I get that one is a matter of padding and the other isn't but the point is there's eagerness to shit on anything just because of the times.
All three of the first three Paper Mario games had unskipable overbearing sequences that lasted roughly 15 minutes immediately prior to or in the middle of the final boss

If you actually played Outcast or Academy you'd know that the Lightsaber simulation is an easter egg. Dark Forces-Mysteries of the Sith is the average predecessors which should be played primarily so you'd understand what's going on in Outcast and Academy.

I don't remember the controls being shitty. Maybe you're just so used to using a keyboard and mouse that it's to the point that you can't use a controller.