Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/gamecube/562551-killer7/faqs/38193
assemblergames.com/threads/killer-7-leaked-source-code-assets.65392/
suda51.wikia.com/wiki/Killer7#Leak
mega.nz/#!NXBxiAbJ!MGGPmHLtKs9yJVyl7Qd6GcGit3fcMZATG2LtVrvMnaU
moddb.com/mods/killer7-engrish-dub/downloads/killer7-engrish-dub
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's weird. It's stylish. It's good.

Played it twice and I'm still scratching my head. Also, Cloudman is best chapter.

I'm surprised we haven't seen a Doom wad that attempts to capture the Killer7 atheistic, but that might be hard given the unusual way the game displays shadows.

A good game

One of the genuine postmodern works that isnt shoved up its own ass. Play the rest of the killthepast series to make more sense of it.

Killer 7

Don't forget HandinKiller7.

I wish I still had my copy

all you need to know, OP

this game is what the fuck.

Also not even the most of the developers have any idea what it's about.

The game's central theme is about the struggle between the East and West in regards to war, culture and politics, and the entire game is pretty much bent on not showing this until the final act.

Kun Lan and Harman are representations of both the East and West, and they conflict. And a lot of weird shit happens in between. What's commentary and what's there to fuck with your head still isn't clear, because it was made to do that.

It emulates real good on Dolphin, if you've got a controller for it.

That shit was bonkers.

Nice spacing and 1 sentence paragraphs >>>/reddit/

Just beat it recently, still some perplexing parts of it. Kevin is by far the best of the 7.

Is this game better on PS2 or Gamecube?

Gamecube, but you have to deal with two retarded mini-discs instead of just having to deal one.

Gamecube. The PS2 version is a shitty rushed port

A good way to describe it, yes. Certainly most of Grasshopper Manufacturer's games are actual postmodernism, as in, a critique of the medium within the context of the medium (No More Heroes and Flower, Sun and Rain are the other two in the anti-gaming-industry trilogy). Sadly, most of the Western market only ever recognizes Suda51's name and because of that this glorified ideas guy ruined all chances of future postmodern styled games in favor of quirky shit like Lollipop Chainsaw. At least he allows his studios to make smoking hot babes with 0 respect of feminists.

Gamecube, some retard thought and said it was the ps2, what a fucking retard.

Brace yourself for a read. gamefaqs.com/gamecube/562551-killer7/faqs/38193

The best game Suda51 ever made, and a good surreal horror game in and of itself.

Would you like to join me for a game of russian roulett?

What? When did this happen?

always GameCube retard
always

Are you rusing us?

The sequel to killer 6.

some kind of weird shooter on rails.

Meme game that weebs can circlejerk over. Its shit.

I tried it once, got weirded out. Even thought I got the wrong game at first. Still feel like playing it again some time, just to see what the fuss is about, but up to now I haven't been able to push myself to do it.

lol, seriously?

You can't fool me, old man.

What shitty advice.

You're a cheeky cunt you know that?

You're a thin-skinned pussy. If I could I would kidnap you and force you to finish the damn game.

this is cancer

Nice bait faggot

This bait was stale back in 2006 and its stale now.

assemblergames.com/threads/killer-7-leaked-source-code-assets.65392/
suda51.wikia.com/wiki/Killer7#Leak
mega.nz/#!NXBxiAbJ!MGGPmHLtKs9yJVyl7Qd6GcGit3fcMZATG2LtVrvMnaU

I was never really enthused by the game but I kept it for some reason.

Sorry for not posting a source. I thought this was a matter of public record already. It was pretty big news. The japanese are not good at server security.

That's a neat little collection.

And we should be fucking glad about it, they're not that good at keeping records of their own data either. Didn't Capcom and Sega both lose all the source code for some of their games and had to go frame by frame to rework them and sell them in future releases?

Does this mean some autist could give Killer 7 mouse and keyboard support thus finally making it playable?

I swear only Japanese devs can make good black characters. Garcian Smith, Nathan Copeland and Blacker Baron are the best characters in the games they star in, and they aren't put in the game to just meet some quota for diversity's sake.

Holla Forums I swear to fucking Christ this is your game and you could have started Smith-posting and I would have been okay with that

Imagine being a young teen playing that game. I sat through that whole thing expecting some sort of wisdom from a guy who was playing this high stakes game for a high reward.

Still the game itself was incredibly well done, and I had a lot of fun playing it.

there's almost no documentation on the source leak because capcom handed out a lot of DMCA takedown notices over it. i'm glad to see someone talk about it because there's neat shit.

it can't be compiled because there's references to stuff from the gamecube SDK and such that aren't included.

old pause menu portraits

logo for 'killer1' mode

killer7\Design\FX\Texture\map\Title\12_Horizon
folder and files numbered as being after the battleship island, but the textures call it order 38, which would place it between curtis's house and dominica
was translated into english before being cut, but not french or german

almost everything, if not everything, related to her in the files uses akn or akane, so he's a little late to that. e.g. the bgm being called Boss_AKANE, all her sounds in the source prefixed with Akane

there's also a couple textures of a screen blur effect with "アカネ!" written on it but i forgot where they are because i'm a baka that doesn't write things down. i'll post them when i find them again.

Yes, it's the reason only a handful of SEGA saturn games have ever been ported. Anything short of an ISO wrapped around an emulator isn't going to be re-released. Konami too. We don't need to talk about the silent hill hd collection again do we?

i'm interested in knowing what H.S.IDs were. i first noticed it in this trailer (pic)
there's a sound for them: killer7\Material\se\HSID_get.aif
and commented out of killer7\killer7\Message\System\System.jmt:

The TCRF page for this game could use some love.

Holla Forums's too dumb to understand that Garcian's an MKULTRA-type victim

Should I emulate this or play it on its original hardware?

NO
IT WASN'T ME
IT CAN'T BE
IT'S ALL A MISUNDERSTANDING

it looks very good at high resolutions in dolphin. but it's not ugly or bad on real hardware, just not as good.
assuming the gamecube version, of course. the PS2 version is a hideous dumpster fire in both hardware and emulation.

Heaven Smile Identification? Maybe it just says the type of the Smile in the corner. Or every Smile had something like a dog tag.

The source includes source for a Hudson video codec that hasn't been reverse engineered yet, I'd like to see that happen

FUCKIN SAVED

i hate the different fonts in the PAL version

All women are the same.

I'M A CLEANER

A david lynch-esque waking dream.

dan>everyone else

I remember I was listening an old technology radio show they used to have on around here and they just railed on this game savagely. I think the score they ended up with was 2/10. They spent a good 20 minutes raking this game over the coals.

I had never heard of it, but every """problem""" they had with it seemed like a net positive to me. "Linear" so no fluff. "Nonsense story" which means it hasn't been done a million times before. "Awkward Controls" meaning being something different than a rooty tooty point and shooty. "Painfully short" which means it doesn't overstay its welcome. Sprinkled with "pedophile jap crap" and "backwards like Nintendo always is" throughout.

So I blind bought this shit full price and its still on my top 10 games list. Thanks tech bros.

Thanks for reading my retro blog.

what do people think is wrong with the controls? they're very simple.

after playing the japanese version it's hard to go back to the others. starting with critical lockon is ezmode.

But there's been a leaked GC SDK for quite a while now as well. Has anyone cross-referenced the two to see if that's all that's missing?

not sure. there's not much discussion on the net because capcom is buttblasted about the leak.

still have that issue in near mint condition

Speaking of kill the past games,has anyone got to play the silver case yet?

Silver Case is fucking fantastic, but it's difficult to get into even if you're already a Suda fan. The Film Window is both a blessing and a curse since sometimes it's difficult to follow who's saying what. The plot and themes are off the chain that do make more sense than Killer7 (or to be more precise, it's more clear-cut and grounded rather than surreal). It's nice to see Sumio and others reappear in FSR, makes you appreciate that game more as well. Can't wait for 25th Ward.

Can you do a scan.

Seconding this

I finished Killer 7 and it was great though I was expecting to hate the gameplay. Is Killer is Dead worth a try? I cant find any torrents anywhere though

It's good, has some of the same flaws as No More Heroes in that the combat and level design could be better, but it's certainly improved on since Suda's Wii games.

How often do you guys replay this?

About once every 5 years. Originally played it on the original hardware but I have to say that Dolphin really makes it look even better.

They gave away Steam keys a while ago, you missed out.

Killer is Dead is a shitty button-masher and feels like an incomplete anime, it's solidly mediocre.

A pretentious, style over substance hipster's favorite.

the gamecube is a better console with a better library, just a smaller library.

I'm playing through Killer is Dead now its pretty mediocre in terms of gameplay I really hate how you're given fuck all in skills and weapons at the start. At least Mika is cute wish there were fan art of her.

Shitty game about a nigger that dreams about being multiple white people.

To be fair, it's a great game. You could make the same thread with God Hand, which someone already did recently, or Steambot Chronicles.

quality travis

At least he's a cool nigger

I remember hearing the soundtrack on a newgrounds flash cartoon, it was about Wario going through dimensions.

If you liked Killer 7 you will like Killer is Dead, though probably less but I still love it.

I'm surprised you don't have it already seems this game constantly gets free giveaways.

Have a version with the bars cropped taken at the original resolution.

fixed color levels

apparently a lot of the TV dialog is recycled from removed cutscenes

Wasn't this game originally going to be exclusive to this console?

Yep, part of a lineup of Gamecube exclusive Capcom games that included Resident Evil 4.

With how shit the PS2 version is I still consider it a Gamecube exclusive.

Everyone loves Cloudman

Also, thevoiceofdog's "Let's Stream" playthrough produced my favorite let's play quote of all time during his boss fight:

Killer7 is my favorite game. Thank you for that source drop

RIP dead phoenix

Is this game worth 30 leaf dollars?

Just get Dolphin or PCSX2 and emulate it.

if you've got too old of a toaster to emulate, it's also quite easy to pirate with a softmodded wii

30$ commie is nothing
This seems like a game with low print run, and if it even gets memed in the way eg Morrowind does, I imagine its price could double over the next 4-7 years. I wouldn't call it an investment, but I expect you could make your money back in due time if you wanted.

For some reason rare console games are worth more than rare pc games

ghey

Try using JDownloader 2

Good way to lose money in the long run.

HD steam remastered when?

when capcom's run out of other more popular games to port, and suda convinces them that it will make enough money to be worthwhile

How can this game have such iconic moments and yet no one ever talks about them but the Russian Roulette one? Ayame Blackburn's magical girl appearance and the scene with the harvested bodies are also great.

iirc it played like ass on PS2

O.K. cuck.

Children are pure, they know who's the strongest.

Their dad.

I changed my makeup. Did you notice? Ah, men… They never notice.

Luchadores are the strongest, ask Fray Tormenta

A pretentious piece of shit game with horrible gameplay and Interstate '76 visuals. Fucking hate Suda51, he has never made a game with good gameplay.

(You)

THIS
Killer 7 is overhyped shit hiding behind the "muh experimental design" excuse
I'm willing to bet the only reason journos shilled for it was cus it was a way to lube us up for when they decided to ram us with the "hurrdurr vidya is high art" dildo
That said not all Suda makes is shit
No More Heroes had it's moments, Lolipop chainsaw and Killer is Dead were good brainless button mashing fun and Shadow of the Damned had fun dick jokes the gamplay looked more like a Shinji Mikami thing than Suda's usual shit
Suda's overhyped that's for sure, but he doesn't deserve the oven, he does make something worthwhile every now and then

That's not bait, it's the truth

Every SINGLE Suda51 game is style over substance
every. single. one.

There's only one important question.
Which Travis shirt is the best?

I wouldnt say style over substance more like surface level enjoyment I actually get why people compare Suda to Tarantino they both make mindless enjoyable and disposable media.

hey buddy you got a problem with interstate 76 visuals. They aren't they most pretty but they damn well haven't aged poorly.

Back to cuckchan and heres your (you)

Yearly. I love Killer7.

Some cool japanese shit before the japanese ultimately stopped making cool shit.

Hope you don't mind me sharing this here, but I made a simple mod for killer7 that adds back the voices of the remnant psyches from the Japanese version of the game to the US and European versions. It also adds the voices in the western versions to the Japanese release.
It can only be applied to uncompressed ISOs, if you use an ISO compressed by Dolphin, it will not work.
moddb.com/mods/killer7-engrish-dub/downloads/killer7-engrish-dub

Summer 2002

Literally you

The text and English voice not matching up is irritating.