Whatever happened to these guys? Weren't they 8ch'/GG's response to shitty journalism...

Whatever happened to these guys? Weren't they 8ch'/GG's response to shitty journalism? What happened to make them completely vanish off everyone's radar?

I wrote for them when they first started up, more than a year before GG and stopped because of college and a database error that deleted my contributed articles (such as a review of Megabyte Punch).

I missed why they shut down, but I'll return in about 3 hours with an answer if the thread is still up.

I also used to write for them around the time it died. As best as I can tell, the other writers just stopped coming back to make content. And to post reviews, you had to get your content edited by at least two peers, so fewer available writers meant it was harder to get content posted. No drama behind the scenes at all, though. It was actually a real shame, I enjoyed creating reviews while I was there.

It wasn't a database error, the hosting service got hacked and the hacker deleted a shitload of customer data. GYP had to be restored from an unfortunately three month old backup of the site. 200 articles, dozens of new contributor accounts, and hundreds of internal forum posts were lost. This all happened a week after E3, and at the moment the site had just hit its running stride.

One reader was able to send in a zip file containing the text of the 200+ articles that were lost, so from that about 100+ of them were manually restored one at a time, a process that took a few months and ultimately caused a shitload of burnout. I'm sure your Megabyte Punch article was in the list to be restored, but content had to be restored in cooperation with the original author, or else we wouldn't know what images to put in or how to format the text the way you had it previously.

Ultimately the site would just linger for a whipe as key contributors slowed down in production or became disinterested in publishing on the site, instead publishing on their own blogs and stuff.

Ultimately the goal of being completely non-profit (and thus could not be bought off by Publishers for good press) was Noble but unsustainable in the long run. People need money to be able to devote time into creating quality content.

If GYP had instead been a single unified YouTubr channel, it could have made money and been hugely popular, at least up until the adpocalyse.

The other problem was that some of the GYP staff ended up siding with anti-GG for some bizarre reason, and during the Presidential election you could see which ones were Bernouts or Commies, meaning the site may have been doomed any way you slice it - just a matter of time.

this is what steered me away. i used to write for a gaymen magazine in 2009 and was used to editors who knew every single word you used and merely corrected grammar or spelling if anything slipped past you. these dudes would regularly change "yeah" to "ya", had no idea how possessive apostrophes were used ("its combat is the best part of this game" turned into "it's combat is the best part"), etc so my articles ended up looking like they came straight from fucking facebook

linger for a while*
This is why I shouldn't be phoneposting.

Real journalism and non-cucked reviews doesn't pay it seems.

Fucking (((hackers))),

Sounds like the really early days when their editors weren't actually editors. It took a whole before proper editors became available.

while*
Fuck me and fuck phones.

GYP started in 2012 after the Mass Effect 3 ordeal. Most contributors came from 4/v/ and as a result the site definitely had a slant to it (people would often complain in threads about it that they pandered to Holla Forums too much). Still, there was a lot of content for about a year and a half, but then it started really slow down, and by the time GG started most of the only activity there were podcasts (I was on one of those podcasts).

At least two of the contributors (Mike Talley and Jake something or other, aka bigheaddemon) were very anti-GG. Jake became a transexual who now goes by Marina and as far as I know has vanished, Mike meanwhile is now a chapo/ironyleft type. This is why there was never any coverage of GG on GYP beyond a cursory mention.

By now almost all of the contributors have left to go do their own thing (particularly the video people, who were some of the first to leave). If you go there now you can see that almost everything from 2015 onward was podcasts, and even then there hasn't been anything posted on the site since May of last year. The site is dead, and pretty much all that's left now is for whoever is paying for hosting to stop, and it'll be gone.

OP, the exact image you posted should have told you your answer. Namely the year. You fucking retard.

Internal drama, lazy fucks, poor production schedule. Yeah, they all had other jobs and shit to deal with, but when they went weeks, sometimes months without posting anything, it's really no wonder everyone abandoned them. They just kind of expected that everyone would eagerly flock to them and wait patiently until they could be bothered to post a moderately good article or review… and when they didn't get the immediate positive feedback they wanted, they just kind of gave up and fucked off.

Despite their slightly higher intellect than the average journos, none of these guys really understood the grind of building up an online presence. Once you commit yourself to starting up your own site, community, series, or whatever, you fucking stick with it, and you don't fucking stop and you never falter and keep releasing content, because that is the only way you will actually be able to get an audience and grow. They didn't do that. Right out the fucking gate, they had a couple guys who were interesting and willing to talk about the kind of shit that Holla Forums was interested in, but then those guys stopped releasing videos because of the usual excuses. So they fucking died and faded into obscurity.

I remember discussions about whether we should address GG or stay quiet. As much as I wanted to say something about it, I also feel like it wasn't an awful idea to stay out of it and focus on articles, like we ended up doing. I had no idea any of the top guys were anti-GG though. I remember being given permission to try and write something that would be posted if everyone was okay with it, but the consensus was that it was way too biased in favor.

I did get a free copy of Stick of Truth and I interviewed some interesting indie devs though (and I got to publish coverage of an EDF game, which was awesome) so I at least had fun. I would totally do it again if given a new opportunity. I looked into techraptor but with my job at that time, posting three articles a month wouldn't always be possible so I didn't go for it.

I should go get backup copies of all my content though, might need it one day.

I had heard there was some internal SJW drama which is why I wanted to ask. A lot of their staff now have youtube channels like gaming brit show which are pretty decent but then they have Mark Brown in the circle jerk who talks like a straight up SJW. It's weird as hell to go through their group and see how half of them are making fun of progressives while the other half are clearly talking like them.

Actually GG is what killed them. I know a guy who used to work there and according to him GG caused a huge shitfest that killed the site. Which is sad because it's why I wanted to start making videos to begin with.

The site had just changed its slogan to "just video games" a few months prior, to try to highlight that we wouldn't talk about irrelevant and stupid shit like Kotaku does, so when the comments were asking us to talk about Zoe Quinn (who is not a video game, and barely qualifies as a game developer) the plan was to avoid it until it would blow over in a couple weeks. Well so much for that plan.

I wouldn't go as far as to say "top guys" but there was enough of a divide to create some debate, and potentially to want to show "both sides" on the site as to not get the site and staff branded one way or another (DDOS attacks and swatting would be pretty bad for people who just wanted to talk about video games), but ultimately neither "side" produced an article worth publishing alongside each other, so it just got stuck in purgatory.

The YouTube contributors had their channels before GYP, and the rule was that we allowed them to keep using, growing, and monetizing their own channels as long as they put the site logo on their video if they wanted to also link to it from our site. Eventually they stopped putting it on the site and stopped using the logo, thus distancing themselves. Oh well. Mark Brown? He wasn't part of GYP. You're just saying that they associate with each other a lot these days right?

So why doesn't 8ch just make a new site? It would probably go well for at least a while.

Text based game journalism is a worthless pursuit. YouTube and Twitch are 1000x more popular and influential than a WordPress blog. Had GYP put all their chips into YouTube from the start, the payoff would have been huge.

By late 2014 the site was basically two podcasts every other week and maybe an article once or twice a month if that. They were already dead.

Considering how easy this would be what is stopping someone from just making one? Contact a bunch of the guys who contributed to GYP/Other decent content producers and having them post videos on their own channel and that one?

See
It wouldn't be hard to contact people like Action point, Turbo Button, ect and start something up again. All we would need is one guy who is decent at holding the channel.

That depends if they even want to, user.

There was talk of mirroring videos onto the official GYP YouTube, but it ran into a bunch of roadblocks that made it impractical with the way the site was originally organized.

Mark Ceb is already off doing his own thing with someone else, I believe it was someone he met while he was talking about GG on his own Twitch streams. Other YouTube contributors are already proving that they don't need GYP, so there is no point in going back to a dead brand now.

To this day i don't get in my head and no argument or explanation might change this ever. There is literally no excuse to not know what shittery actually went down before and while gg happened. The amount of habbenings and cronyism not only shown with the GJP leaks is unavoidable, clear as a fucking day. Here is the thing, only someone with cognitive dissonance would be able to deny it, but only those denied it who where/are within the cronyism system. This is logic 1*1. And every time someone goes on and tells publicly he is anti-GG it raises my eyebrows because it is like as if he would say "Hey, here, i am part of the corrupt assholes" and nobody seems to notice it. I understand also why nobody seems to take note, there seems to be this thought going around "Maybe he doesn't know"-thought, but no, NO! This is simply immposible. It's like after hillary got his little episode, where she almost dropped dead to the ground and than, everyone from the sjw scene was just like "everything ok, nothing to see here"- the fuck.

I have a problem with this retarded behvior, this kind of logic does not add up and just gives shadow to the corrupt shit going on and on. But NO anons, this is simply bull-fucking-crap!
Everyone knows it, everyone saw it, it is clear as a fucking day and if you act like an asshole who knows jackshit, than you just try to help to keep this corrupt cabal up and running.
Why the fuck is this still happening? Someone is fucking with the industry and it seems the industry likes it a lot to be ass fucked on a daily base. Since when did the industry turns super gay? Since when does the industry like it to be fucked by corrupt sjw think-tanks?

It doesn't have to be GYP. I would just like a hub that did the same thing. Have it be a place that would host videos about decent journalism/analysis from other people.

This is true but if they were up for it with GYP I don't see why they wouldn't be again.

If Mike Talley doesn't constitute a top guy on the site I don't know who does, he was on the podcast, had been on the site since the start, was a prolific contributor, etc.

Because GYP failed. That’s why they wouldn’t try again.

But that's the difference between a site and a youtube channel. A youtube channel would be a lot easier to manage and would grow a lot faster.

Yea he's in their channel recommendations tab and they mention his videos when they're being pretencious instead of showing cool old games.

I wish I could just find some dude who likes showing old PS1 games you've never heard of. No circle jerk, no SJW shit, just a dude shit talking old crappy games.

Most already have their own channels. There’s no point in making a “hub” like you want. Youtube itself is that hub. Sub to their channels.

But the reason I found out about most of those guys is because of GYP. Making a hub would allow multiple contributors from multiple places that you may or may not have heard of and would allow for quick content updates due to it.

I don't explicitly remember Mike Talley being anti-GG, and the others ones that I do remember weren't the most prolific contributors overall. It's been a while though, I might remember wrong.

the thing is, people don't read wall of text.
You want to know what is working well? User reviews on IMBD, Steam and shit like that. It is short and on point. It is like just watching the middle of a 5min video for 5 second.

These short reviews get directly to the point and BOOM, thats it. This is how sociaty works nowadays.

Also, compare a review from before 2006 to a review from nowadays, the old one is more focused on mechanics and how the software is doing its job, bugs and shit. On point

todays review talk a lot about feelings and shit, wall of boring text. not on point.

Make a website with shareable content which websites can emped, the contant is twatter like, short user reviews.

YouTube channels tend to mention other YouTube channels. Lord Mandalore made a couple things at the start of GYP, disappeared for a few years, then re-appeared last year with a buttload of videos, and at the end of the year he plugged a bunch of other channels to raise awareness of ones even smaller than him that might be worth checking out.

Blogs and forums are dead. The only place people post shit like that any more is facebook which has obvious problems.

Chan projects also fail miserably. Most people don't want to put in the work needed and those that do burn out when they don't get any support. Remember the type of outcast who come here aren't team player types, they have their own autisms and low tolerance levels.

In my case I used to run a /r9k/ disagreement that got nuked by a mod who couldn't handle the banter. I also ran a /r9k/ B movie synctube channel which was a lot of fun but after like 6 months it got tiring to set it up. We were seeing the same like 10 core users but it wasn't really going any where. It started to consume time I wanted to invest else where so in the end I just killed it.

Except OP was blatantly wrong because GYP pre-dates Holla Forums and GG by a significant margin, it has nothing to do with oldfaggotry.

That's why you have it be filled with people who have enough autism to not leave like the Bayonetta user who has a channel dedicated to just talking about Bayonetta for example. People who would do it with or without the channel or views or money.

At this point I doubt I would even take note of GG. The entire thing was reeing at what every industry behaves like. For some reason gamers thought their industry wasn't as fucked up as every other industry was. It turned out they were just too busy shoving their head up their own ass grinding WoW to pay attentiont o the real world.

People who are outright anti-GG are clearly suspicious but as someone who was there and did some big things for it, these days I find it a non-story. But that how red pill knowledge works I guess.

They all have a recommended channel tab you can click. It licks you to their circle jerk.

The problem is getting into the circle jerk not creating one. 10 no bodies is still 10 no bodies.

GG made themselves irrelevant in context of the greater culture war by deciding to give in to leftist demands to "clean up their act". That lost them most of the support, until all that was left were the autist on a power trip and the shit rainbow of attention whoring mutts, faggots, trannies and cunts.

As far as gaming goes it's not really as bad as movies, TV, books or comics because to participate in the wider culture you actually need to play the game, and since leftists are mental cripples that nature is desperately trying to wipe out, even the most retard proof is too much of a challenge for their estrogen filled limbs and brains.

Half of them are, quite frankly, retarded

And there's a clear problem here that would need a hypothetical answer if someone dared to do any kind of shit like this:
Motive, what does the worker want to do with his skills? objective and well-made articles that will be read by only 2 or 3 guys, videos with quirky people and extremely on-point arguments that will ultimately feel empty but will be watched by 50,000 retards, what's the doctrine? why not both at some point?

That's the main problem after all, and boards also have that particularity, expressed by its "board culture", but rarely reach the point of being polite (serious) + informative (quality), it gets old and people post once a week, but most posts further advance an argument or add more flavor to them.

That's also one of the problems, too much autism.

I would ban every single one of these games from review videos. Just ban them. I like souls series, love DMC but that's all they ever talk about. Everything is a reference to these games. They're great games but your only comparison should not be the same game over and over.

These (ex)user's channels all suffer from that same problem. They picked out some great games and latched on too hard. They're not exploring the mid tier games in the genre. There's plenty of them which do small things better than the big names do. Games like The Surge or Lords of the Fallen are no where near Dark souls tier but they do interesting shit you could discuss in the review instead of just DMC3/4 yet again.

Souls games have definitely been talked about to death. People keep asking Lord Mandalore to review them but he says there is probably nothing worthwhile he could say that you haven't already heard or thought yourself.

I don't believe that. Look at drawthreads, or any creative place on here. People regularly commit a few hours to produce content for literally 0 reimbursement, not even in "exposure" or whatever else. Anons have made the internet what it is today, and at least some of the old blood is still there. Fresh fire is regularly starting to lurk and eventually post.
Never underestimate the power of writefags. I remember the days on /tg/ when we would gather round for love can blossom or the antics of another lewd quest thread. There was and there is no shortage of creative people, however:

That shit would kill off any site that depends on user content. Imagine if Deviant art lost like 80% of it's current content. Do you really think that every draw/animation fag would reuploaf every single image? Even worse, what if they didn't have a copy of them saved on their hard drive? Stuff like this causes frustration, which drives off creative fags like nothing else.

I don't know about that. Sure, taking up community scrips for video reviews and such would kind of work, but at that point they would be dependant on YouTube's ad money, and thus limited by the family friendly filter, which would ruin any review, because "strong language" is necessary to portray strong opinions, which are the core of any review.

the internet then and now was very different. It wasn't as easy to self publish and people lacked the internet to upload their own stuff or the network .

People know a good youtube channel is profitable now. Convince them to give you those shekels instead of trying it on their own. You basically can't. It's the same reason modding is dead. Why make a mod when you can just make your own game and release it?

What garbage are you smoking?

You dun goofed now

I was very active during the Half-life 1 and Quake era of modding man. The shit we see today is a shadow of it's former self. Look at how many great games are ex mods. None of that shit happens any more, you just get horse anuses.

Are you braindead? With billions of more hours of video on youtube now, and absolutely shite search function/better treatment of large channels it has become a near impossibility to get your video noticed anymore. Give me the names of five gaming channels that have become popular because of one good video-review.
You can't, because nowadays it takes more than being fat and reeing at a screen, or biting a finger. It takes pandering to algorythms and the lowest common denominator of the audience.
Modding is about as alive as it was back when. Only thing killing it now is DRM and DMCA takedowns, not profitability.

I don't get the whole shitstorm about paid mods though. If I spend 100 more hours playing a game because of a mod I would gladly pay the modder, which I can via paypal donations. There is literally no need to use bullcrap like the steam workshop or whatever bethesda ended up implementing for consoles (which is dead now, btw. Nobody develops for it anymore), which just exists so that steam or bethesda can siphon away money from the creator. Remember the 30%.

Fair enough, i've seen it myself with "big" games like Battlefield or sportshit like FIFA, they just don't have mods anymore other than copy paste-tier skins
But it's mostly about not understand new engines than people not wanting to do it

I never said noticed faggot. I was talking about bandwidth issues. Even recording shit was more difficult then. You had to use Fraps which was a cunt to get working as opposed to OBS which is baby's play.

Yes, it's harder to get noticed but it's easier to get it out there. It's real fucking hard to get noticed when you're on dial up or basic broadband and it takes you a fucking 3 hours to upload a video and maxes your pipe.

The paid mod shitstorm is that it's not paying for good mods. It'll be the smallest bullshit possible and it will make Skyrim look finished. They will charge you to change your characters hair style, it'll be £1 and 75p will go to Bethesda and 25 to the modder.

Seconded, I wouldn't be so drastic to ban it.
/cgg/ is also terrible and repetitive; also does not help that a goon runs their skype and disagreement.
Without fail Devil May Cry threads will consist of the same conversations such as 5 year old screencaps of DmC drama, which order to play the games in, how DMC4 was rushed, other rumors, and generally getting played by literal fake news regarding DMC5.

CS, DoD and TF turned into games because the game's owner bought them and turned them into standalone games. More recently we've seen DayZ become a standalone game for the same reason, and Valve also bought Dota to make Dota 2.

But there isn't as much major modding going on with contemporary first person shooters anymore due to weaker modding capabilities and publishers consolidating more control for themselves. Half-Life had so many popular multiplayer mods, like Science and Industry, Frontline Force, Opera, Action HL, Specialists and Natural Selection.

Old games like STALKER and Doom seem to have the best modding scenes now.

Modding is doing great, look at KSP for example.
Modders constantly pushed out new features. As early as 0.21 you could get all the features that are now in what they call "1.2" (more like 0.3). Modders added planes, asteroids, resources, mining, working aerodynamics, overheating, and much more. The game is essentially unplayable without mods. The community kept that game alive for years.
Same for ArmA 2/3. All RHS weapons and vehicles, vehicles and equipment have more detail than the original Bohemia models. ACE/ACRE is such an improvement over the original attrocity of a game. Modding kept that game going until now.
Factorio is good without mods, but that doesn't stop anyone from making stuff like bobsmod.
Hell, look at lovers lab, or just Nexus. Alive and kicking.

I agree with everything but the paid mods part. Paid mods aren't really a bad thing per se, they are just an unofficial form of DLC that exist in a legal gray area. Producing free mods however and adding a donation button is a lot safer than that. It's more of a legal issue, and seeing how modders have no lobby things will never change.

I don't go to the generals. The genre lacks fresh content, mostly because mid tier games get ignored by them while they jerk off all over Bayonetta 2 which was a terrible game.

"The owner bought them". You mean Valve hired the entire team, moved them in house and let them work on it full time right?

I know the scene man, I played a shit load of them. DayZ being an arma mod isn't the same thing. DayZ was fucking terrible and no one I knew gave a fuck, it was just the same normie retards who buy into any streamer fad. Nothing like how CS took off.

All GYP content was easily family-friendly, and YouTube used to not give a shit as long as it meant more money. The Wall Street Journal caused the Apocalypse and is a recent occurrence, and now YouTube will even flag literal white noise videos with demonetization and copyright claims.

The ones that do succeed typically start mingling with people on social media and next thing you know they're preaching about how toxic imageboards are and how proud they are to no longer be part of them. Seriously, this kind of shit happens all the time.

Nah, just shitty editors

Shitty jewtube fags expecting to archive e-celebrity from gaymangay? (((Action Points))) was involved with that jewish SPJ shitshow. In fact those fags are an example of how Jim was right to jump ship.

Any examples?

I used to write for them and have an interview up on there. Stopped contributing because so few others were and we existed before gamergate. There was some internal strife over whether we should say anything about GG, but decided not to because by the time the discussion on whether we will or won't culminated GG was falling apart. This was late 2014.

I met some cool people there and I'm on a podcast once in a while with some people that were also associated with it and the GLA. Still in touch with people like Kyle and Chris Wagar. GYP isn't associated with GG or Holla Forums, we stemmed from 4chan years before either was a thing.

That takes both money (hosting and domain) and effort (designing a site, how it's going to be run, articles/reviews, etc), which most anons aren't exactly willing to contribute. And to be fair, Infinity Next probably did a lot to make everyone leery of bothering with the donation part.

Bit telling that even the effort to make an 8/v/-specific recommended games wiki (rather than borrow the old cuck/v/ one that rumor had was taken over by reddit) flopped, between updates deleting content and general apathy towards contributing anything after a while. I'm not even sure if it's still a thing.

In b4 being called a Redditor.

I don't want an 8ch recommended games list or a reddit one or whatever. I just want shit to goddamn function. I don't care if you read shitty forums if you can tell me a game I'd absolutely love. You can't just keep running away into your own little bunkers because it isolated you into oblivion. Unless you start taking over and dominating "neutral" ground the way they do you're always going to be losing ground.

If I have a tech problem and the search results are reddit links and one helps then fuck me I used Reddit I must be a SJW cuck who doesn't belong on 8ch. That kind of mentality has utterly destroyed this place where every non-group think thought is screamed shill at until that person leaves and there's no new content being made. It's just the same eternal circle jerk for all eternity where the first opinion posted is the only acceptable opinion. Well you know what? I think Vanquish fucking sucks. There, I said it, blow me.

But seriously. making 8ch exclusive wikis isn't helping any one. Go out there and infect the neutral ground with your autism. Make it work for you.

Hello newfag. >>>/cuckchan/
They were cuckchan's response to shitty journalism in 2012. They eventually got infested with cucks by the time GG occurred. They were dead by 2013.

You can see yourself out. Nice spacing too.
>>>/reddit/
You know what it? No one cares what you think, reddit.

Which contributors were cucks?

I don't even know what thread I'm in, I saw some faggot capitalizing reddit and using meme spacing and pretending he belongs here. Get the fuck out you limp wristed niggerlover, you will never fit in and you will never be welcome.

Have I got a channel for you.

You really aren't from here. GG's dead now, but your dismissive apathy gives you away >>>/reddit/

Yea yea, meme spacing. I spent 12 years on 4chan and I came here with the first exodus. Blow me with your shitty meme about spacing sentences apart for easier read ability instead of that cluster fuck of words all jammed together.

Remember when monitors were so shit you HAD to space shit like that because it was unreadable other wise? Yea, I do. Blow me kike.

Thanks but not really. Look at those first 10 videos and the redlettermedia clips. Cuphead, Mario odyssey and all the other must have games of 2018 and then 1 shitty PS1 game.

So much apathy when I say that the game industry is as corrupt as every other industry and you won't fix it by writing e-mails and blog posts. It's a fundamental problem with how humans structure things, they always do it to benefit their own ingroup. This means any one with influence will get skanks looking for an easy time offering them sex. It means bigger fish will tell little fish to STFU and do as they're told of they will go feed another little fish. And you have family members giving other family members a leg up.

Sorry dude but that's humanity in action. You're not going to fix that and any thing they say in public is just a lie to cover the real background action. Games are not magic, they're as bad as everything else is. Your favourite dev has probably blown his load in a couple of rats looking for jobs and then dropped them back off home to daddy with his jizz still mingling with her pubes.

That's the world man. It's fucked up but that's the world. You aren't changing it with online tantrums about Zoe Quinn's saggy ol' cunt.

While i agree with almost everything you said, the world really isn't that godless and kiked out, just the parts where the jew wants to dwell and the grunts that want to imitate them.
If it weren't so we would still be flinging stones at each other

Fagulous Niggerlover Supreme.

The reason we're not flinging stones is because it's easier to convince a skank to suck your dick if you do something useful than if you hit her with a rock. Rape takes way too much effort and if you can convince a dumb broad to let you fuck her in the ass willingly and repeatedly you're going to take that over hitting her with a rock and hoping her brother doesn't know it's you.

It's a healthy system but it seems fucked up from an outsiders perspective, yet you know you would help your family and friends over a random stranger too.

sjw cuck

What the fuck is this post even trying to convey

"Stop trying to be a sekrit club guise, just let in the poor helpless Redditfugees."

You aren't fooling anyone >>>/reddit/
Take your nihilism and inclusivity bullshit with you.
Uh oh guys he said kike guess he ain't from >>>/reddit/
It pretty much shows how much you aren't from here considering you still think 3 years later anyone cares about her, or that GG still fixated on her for very long.

What's it like being a smug godless nigger? Guess we should let cucks and kike just shit up our hobby more then they have, I mean that's what works.

I thought niggers only stole games.

I made a cool website, but the problem is gamergate has made reaching out to anons really difficult. user has shifted from "lol exploding vans" and "internet hate machine xD" to

Why not just make a thread and say what you are doing? It wouldn't hurt.

you are a faggot and you should never ever post ever again.

Maybe I will in a few days. I have mentioned it around here a bit but it always feels like there's a giant wave of people trying to fuck things up right away. And as I mentioned, and as what happened with GYP, these things are super fragile, specially when they're young.

I'm just telling you what those assholes say to me. They;ll do shit like call you a Nazi and make other stupid as fuck accusations, and then expect you to defend yourself on a publc forum. They're scum. It pisses me off too, I want to talk about video games, not be stuck in some bullshit SJW inquisition. I've seen it happen to a lot of other people too. Some random SJW calls them a Nazi and tells them their site/channel/etc is filled with whatever bullshit SJW buzzwords they come up with, and then they try and defend themselves. Pisses me off too user. I fucking hate SJWs and if they didn't own so many major websites I could be a lot more vocal about it publicly.

who? people like Sargoon of Mosad? Holla Forums? Antifa? who will do shit? SJW's are dead user.

Their podcasts are boring.

Do it. You can host a site and market it on normal ones like FB, twitter and reddi. It doesn't necessarily need to have a heavy community on the site itself since the point is to get writing out there. Discussion can be done on said marketing sites.
The production of content matters since you need to shit out constant things to spread and share. This can be done with guest submissions, you just need to be a good and dedicated editor.
Do it pseudonymously, you won't actually get much flak except for the opinions you spout if you don't explicitly associate with anyone.

ignore c4c39d, he's retarded if not a sock.

Fucking stop.

This might be a surprise to you but targeting only Holla Forums will never work. I can guarantee you that the vast majority of people here have adblock and would never even click on an affiliate link and buy something. Those retards from reddit and FB absolutely love to click on ads and buy shit from affiliate links.

kill yourself nigger.

Nigger, it's to spread the views you spout and give a non-cancerous outlet some limelight.
Anything to move away people away from current outlets and get the industry/devs/investors more opinions from actual gamers.

kill niggers

What the fuck is occurring ITT?

Not entirely sure myself. I think reddit wants to make a website. Another one. Why he thinks it would succeed any more than a subreddit on his native site, and why he's even here in the first place, I don't think anyone knows.

Could you try splitting up that unreadable mess? Green text don't get split up as it's 1 constant stor. This is not.

You do know there are boards 8ch doesn't have right? /m/ news is only available on /m/ these days. The big news sites are all dead and there's no good English sources.

Yea man, Zoe Quinn has nothing to do with gamergate, not a single damn thing. How dare any one point out she was the whore who lead to it kicking off? Should I call her Literally who and ignore her Jewish surname as well? Oy vey!

Reddit didn't kill those niche websites, that was Digg. Same was facebook didn't kill blogs it was Myspace. We're on tier 2 of those websites not tier 1.

Most of your points is correct but 1 isn't quite right. A lot of the reason anons won't network any more is a fear of SJWs fucking with them. The SJWs don't need to do it if anons are intimidated by them and refuse to even act because of it.

They're full on tinfoil hat. But as I've shown above the quality of 8ch is just gone any way. Someone saying "I want high quality content" is now just getting screeched at by autists. They built their own little 8ch identity and are terrified of any one coming in and ruining it. Unfortunately they are ruining it by acting in that way because it just drives off any one here for anything but their little circle jerk of reeing.

If you disagree with them they will just call you a shill or a redditor. It's what killed Holla Forums along with the bad moderation. It became impossible to discuss anything so no new ideas or tactics could appear. It was simply the same rinse cycle for all eternity and the quality people got up and left to go some where they could be useful.

But you stupid goyim. How can you say such things? Don't you know that 8ch's ideas must stay only on 8ch and if you go to literally any other website you're cancer and don't belong here?

8ch is everything, absolutely everything. I built my entire identity around it and even though it's on it's knees and not far from having the plug pulled I refuse to go any where else!

This group has utterly ruined this website. I doubt Reddit's circle jerk is this bad. Facebooks probably is but Reddit can't be so isolated that their only response to things they don't like is screaming how you must be a Jewish agent.

I get the feeling that the only people left on 8ch are the goobers who followed the smart people around. They have no identity outside of being a hikki and THE MOST BADASS CP FILLED WEBSITE ANONYMOUS COMMUNITY EVER so they continue to sit here purity spiraling on the most inane vector possible. They're on a witch hunt to find that one guy who went to Reddit once because it's where the 3DS hacking wikis are all hosted and he wanted to pirate SMT4 with Japanese voices. That guy doesn't fucking belong here because he decided playing a game he'd enjoy might be more important than a dead image board's anonymous approval.

Sum of us might even have a facebook account with 0 friends on it that we know the password for. Some say there werenormies will use these accounts to constant authors in order to find out where they can purchase a book that has a limited print run and they can't find in their own country..

BEWARE 8ch! THE WERENORMIES ARE HERE! SOME TIMES THEY USE THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE JOB AND DON'T FEEL ASHAMED FOR IT! BULLY THEM! BULLY THEM ALL UNTIL ALL THAT'S LEFT ARE NEETsoc WHO CALL EACH OTHER SHILL OVER RAMEN FLAVOURINGS!

[spoiler]It's just fucking sad. This place was great when it started. It had so much life and it was like 4chan a few years back. It wasn't a complete rollback but it was good. People didn't care about identity on an image board they only cared about the quality of the most. The old user mentality of "the writer doesn't matter only the content they produce does because here there are no identities just posts" was great. You can tell all the people trying to gate keep were never a part of the original anonymous mentality because they can't understand even the most basic concepts of it. They have put a fake internet identity over the quality content. They should be building a real life identity and using image boards as a place where there is no identity to discuss taboo ideas and spread them into the general populous and gain influence.

Instead we have tin foil hats worn by fat losers tearing the place apart to find that one needle in a haystick to make them feel better that they've wasted so much time shitting on everything that they want the smell of shit more than a place they can grow.[/spoiler]

Go back to where you came from. Sorry this isn't an inclusive hugbox.
>>>/reddit/
>>>/somethingawful/
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/neofag/

Sorry, meme spacing belongs on >>>/reddit/
Read my post again nigger.
Nigger, you don't seem to understand NO ONE wants fucking cancer like reddit and facebook here. Are you retarded?

Really depends on the doctrine taught in the early years

You can't tell what is Reddit and what is a decent formatted post so it isn't just a wall of text. The style of posting you use is far more alien to image boards than the style I use. It looks abnormal.

Look at this quality post. This is what I could to 8ch for.

Double spacing is for changing the subject, making a header, and referring to a different post or a different argument in the same post.
Stop trying to defend shit formatting.

Additionally, green text is enough to space out sentences, since greentext is short and barely goes over one line it seperates text blocks without needing to double space.

So much more readable

It's be readable if you didn't vomit out blocks of text filled with self-indulgent autistic screeching about your newfaggotry >>>/reddit/

You may have a point there but what does this have to do with spacing? The act of double spacing every sentence or statement is called meme spacing not because it's exclusively reddit but because it's a behavior commonly associated with redditors.
The same reason why we say "go back to ifunny/9gag/SA", it isn't identity politics it's the userbase calling a shitposter a faggot by comparing them to something they find negative. It's functionally the same statement as telling someone to "go back to faggot land".

Someone being found out as a person who uses twitter/reddit/tumblr isn't ever a problem if they're not shitposting or spouting a shit opinion (like that one redditor who got found out for defending overwatch), what the userbase determines as shit isn't my decision but anyone who lurked would realize that overwatch is frowned upon and posting an unlisted video to an account connected to your everything relating to that opinion is a bad idea.
It wouldn't be a problem if the user didn't post a link to their non-anonymous platforms. You're essentially de-anonymizing yourself when you talk about shit not here and link to stuff you do outside of here. The Yume Nikki steam thread had a bunch of anons shitposting in the discussion forums but they never mentioned themselves and therefore nobody found the need to dig through people's profiles. They remained anonymous dispite having a concetrated shitposting effort in a non-anonymous service.

tl;dr go to reddit, you don't understand how this userbase works and it's obvious that you never did

It's pretty obvious he's from reddit since his OP states he thought GYP was started by GG.

kill kikes

So here's an interesting question, what happened to instig8ive gamer?

You mean Instig8tive Journalism? Some 15 year old turbo-autist had a grudge against him for some reason, and used to spam his dox all over 4chan expecting a personal army. He was only with GYP for a few months before disappearing from the internet. A few months ago he deleted every video on his channel.

fucking kike