Enemy has glowing weak spot

why do developers do this?

Git gud, Acid.

This is nothing new. Not by a long shot.

I never said it was.

>she moans if you do

WHAT GAME

To make more visual therefore easier.

Only zelda does this, as far as I know. It's because the boss doesn't have health, it just takes three hits to kill.

I wanna bully a female soldier into submission and make her orgasm as I violently take her first aid kit away

Because the challenge of the boss is precision faggot

Nah it has health, its just invisible faggot. At least LttP is

The

Are you mentally challenged?

You aren't very bright are you? If you've played the game for any length of time you'd realize that to be the case

Ocarina of Time bosses have no health and that's what OP was referring to.

Isnt that every game that hides the enemies health bar?

If you say so
If that's the case then I'll admit I'm a retard

no idea

If you do a jump attack on some bosses, it does double damage and you can kill them in less hits. Or if you use the Biggoron sword instead of the Master Sword.

But then those are the only real "modifiers" to Link's attack power.

I think maybe the Megaton hammer does more damage than the Master Sword, but I'm not so sure on that one.

MGS4

Why did

The crouch stab does the same damage as the kind of sword attack you last used. So, if you jump attack and then crouch stab, the crouch stab will do double damage.

That's pretty neat. Did that carry over to the 3DS version?

Bad design. But having a glowing weakpoint is mandatory in new games. Games just work that way.

Playing through gravity rush for the first time yesterday and so far every enemy has a glowing weak point that pretty much functions like OP described.
Between that and the incredibly intrusive tutorial popups I gave up on it real quick.

Nothing's worse than the whole forced invincibility shit for bosses. Like I'm only allowed to hurt it for a brief period then I have to just wait for it to be retarded again and bend over for me.

Please do tell more. Why did you drop the game? Was it purely because of the "training wheels" the game forces on you? Would you have liked it with out the bullshit? Seriously asking, and for a friend, just to be safe.

Can't think of any example off the top of my head but still sounds nice.

Then give the player character some kind of enhanced vision that detects weak points, instead of having all weak points conveniently emit light in-setting.

Are you completely retarded? Weak points should be found by the player through playing the game. Not by giving then outright to make shit easy. If this is fucking impossible for you to understand, here we go:
Enemy uses "blunt attack" charge move.
I fucking wonder what the weak point could be?
It's what ever is strong against "blunt or charge". So fucking hard to understand.
These nu-fucks don't understand the very basics of gamedesign. It's good though because you get to try again as many times as you need, (And the game gets secretly easier everytime you fail.)
So good.

This is what Monster Hunter should have been like. It does most of this in a half-assed way.
For a small number of them it weakens the attack involving those parts, or removes part of the attack.
There's one that will trip and fall over after certain attacks if you've broken its legs, Gravios. For most other monsters, hitting their legs enough will knock them over.
Cutting off their tails only decreases the range of their tail attacks, and for some just barely. There's one monster who can poison you with the spikes on her tail, yet even if you cut the tail off leaving only half left with none of the poison spikes, her tail attacks all still poison you. I find that stupid.
Also, for some flying monsters, breaking their wings makes it easier to knock them out of the air, and for a few other monsters, breaking certain parts will disable certain abilities they have. But those are only a handful of monsters. Overall breakable parts are severely underutilized, and are mostly just for bonus drops.

what game?

E.X. Troopers, specifically the Akrid X boss.

Once again this isn't a new concept. I can't tell you how many games through the years that I've had to shoot/stab/grapple hook glowing flashy part. It's not inherently a bad design but it is out of place in some games.

this is a mechanic I like

Vehicle has weakspot that requires it to be aiming at you to hit it

Bosses in a horde shooting game is fucking stupid

Because the challenge isn't supposed to be figuring out where the enemy weak point is, it's managing to hit that point.

So the game opens and it's the classic 'mc doesn't have their memories' crap, some guy runs up and is like "ey yo I saw you fall without getting hurt, use your gravity powers to help my son". There's some black hole bullshit casually occurring in the middle of the city and the guys house is getting sucked up by it with the kid inside it.
The next 15 minutes are nothing but annoying tutorial popups while you use your gravity shit to go from floating island to floating island. Sounds ok, but you need to wait a bit for the next island to pop up in a mini cutscene. Between all the waiting and tutorials I was already pretty done with the game, but then the story kicked in. You save the kid but the house gets destroyed, both the dad and the kid start giving you shit for not saving the house "waa our house is broken fuck you". Cmon man, I saved your life.
From those two things I could tell that the gameplay and character writing were going to be garbage.
Also little nitpicky things like how if you're walking on a curved surface, the outside of a cylinder for example, gravity doesn't keep you stuck to the cylinder. I don't want to be able to walk up to a wall and just start moving up it but I shouldn't have to constantly adjust gravity trying to walk around something. Also it uses the touchscreen in annoying ways, for dodging and to talk/interact with things.

It's so you know where to run over.

It's almost your dubs are telling me that mecha as a concept is entirely shit.

I hate this.

Lost Planet.
Half of the first game was "woah i wonder what happens if you shoot that orange glowing sac!!!" and the character's being surprised by it injuring the monster.

Don't do this, i like turning in multiple quests at the same time, it feels good. Not run back 3 different times to the same place i just was.

Cool design. What game?

This.
I remember in one of the tutorial missions for Splinter Cell, Pandora tomorrow there was a guy you had to question about something sitting in the train.
He had a prostetic leg, which would show cold on thermal snoopers.
You could shoot him in his prostetic leg and he would not care.
ArmA already has something similar with thermal vision as well.
If a vehicle drives around a lot it's engine compartement will heat up and show brighter on thermals. This allows you to target the engine block with weapons that are strong enough to damage the engine, but too weak to actually penetrate the crew compartement.

It's so the large, visually stunning bosses aren't too easy, and you actually have to aim. It's nothing to be upset over.

I'm with you user, will never get why dev try this shit….

Final Fantasy 12.

I can see it happening.

Oh fuck off.

MGS4?

So you can't just rush through bosses in a curb-stomp battle with insane damage from one-use items (be those bombs or damage amplifiers), superiour weaponry or stats right from the start of the fight.

Your tastes as a concept are entirely shit.

Even if I wouldn't have pirated this game, I'd probably throw a few logs in my fireplace, light it on fire, snap the disc in half, then throw them ontop of the burning fire. I never have any kind of temperament problem with video games, I've never broken a single controller and I'm 26 years old, but shit like this is over the line.

It's the last boss, it's ridiculously easy if you've been doing even a small margin of the side quests in the game, which are plentiful. If you've done all the hunts for example, it's a complete joke and a whimper to end the game.

this is always cool, but then again
way to fucking ruin it. The mechanics should add as the phases kick in

Ocarina of Time bosses do have health actually, so does every enemy in the game. Each item you can attack with is given a standard damage for every attack you do:
Kokiri sword - 1 damage per slash, 2 on jumpslash
Deku stick - 2 damage per slash, 4 on jumpslash, cannot break pots with attacks
Master sword - 2 damage per slash, 4 on jumpslash
Megaton hammer - 2 damage per swing, 4 on jumpslash, has the property of breaking rocks on all attacks
Giant's knife - 4 damage per slash, 8 on jumpslash
Biggoron sword - 4 damage per slash, 8 on jumpslash

Crouchstabbing does the same damage as the last attack used by any of these weapons, it also gains properties from those attacks (swing the megaton hammer and your sword crouchstabs will now break rocks, sticks can't break pots so if you store a stick swing then crouchstab a pot it won't break). If you load an area and crouchstab without having swung your sword or any of these weapons already, it defaults to 1 damage (same as kokiri sword jumpslash).

Some enemies in the game break these rules, specifically, a couple enemies you normally can't reach as child link take no damage from the kokiri sword's attacks, and Ganon takes 1 damage from everything except for the Master sword. Armos also take no damage from the kokiri sword, but are vulnerable to a deku stick jumpslash (and thus a stored crouchstab after a stick jumpslash). Dead Hand also breaks this rule, only taking into account if you're jumpslashing or not.

This is all because damage done from each weapon to each enemy is checked on a table, if the entry wasn't placed on the table (kokiri sword was never intended to be used on them for example), it does no damage. Since the crouchstab was never properly defined, it doesn't update from the previous value assigned, and just pops out whatever you last used (this was fixed in OoT3D).

Arrows, bombs, deku seeds, etc. also have their own damage values, but my autism has bled out enough all over this post already.

I lied, I forgot to mention Volvagia, you need to use the hammer's damage to stun Volvagia and you need to finish the fight by attacking Volvagia while stunned. It still has health, but the fight doesn't end when it hits zero, so while you can damage it while it's flying around with arrows and other things you cannot finish the fight that way.

There's also some enemies that can be killed by what would normally be a stunning weapon, like the bubbles and bats. Though I don't really know if the bubbles count since they don't actually "die" like other enemies. They might just be considering a hazard or object.

You can also hurt Ganon with almost any item, the damage is always 1 except for the Master sword. This includs deku nuts, you can throw deku nuts at Ganon to kill him

Nuts also make poes go out of invisibility for some reason.

every fucking time in vermintide when i miss

AIM FOR THE HEAD KRUBER

I love the

The worst is when you're trying to avoid fast traveling in a game to stay immersed, but it keeps pulling that bullshit.

I feel like there can be a good compromise.

Look, if you had to design a game where weak points must be visible, as said, I'm saying it's better to have a logical in-setting explanation for that visibility, than to just make weak points emit visible light for no reason. Even within the context of what you consider bad game design, there are less-bad ways to implement a visual cue.
I get that you wouldn't make weak points visible at all, and I agree, but I was just responding to what >14155293 said:
If the goal is "to make more visual", then making weak points totally invisible and only found through trial and error is not an option. YES, YOU MIGHT PREFER THAT OPTION, THAT'S FINE, but you should tell >14155293 that because he's the one who brought up the goal "to make more visual" in the first place. There's no need to get three reaction images mad at me.

Halo of all games does this and with more finesse than literally any other shooter ever made. I think they eventually fucked it up though.

If the weakspot just conveniently happens to emit light for no in-setting reason, it's not a compromise because it's not believable. It sharply reminds the player that everything in the fictional world of the game is made only as a fair challenge for him, that enemies exist to be defeated by him and are ineffective by design. You might as well have the boss say "Ow, not my glowing weak spot! My doctor said I'm not supposed to get swords/bullets/hedgehogs in it!"
There are more subtle ways of indicating a weakspot, and if you worry that players won't notice it, you can add some dialogue or journal hinting at it before the boss fight. ANYTHING BUT GLOWING.

There are plenty of ways to make a glowing weakspot tie in with game lore, and needing a throwaway line or two spelling this out for you is kind of autistic.

Kill yourself faggot. If we ever made a huge-ass robot with armor then it would be actually good latest-tech armor. Shitty rocket launchers shouldn't be able to penetrate it.

What are those examples meant to be? Are they examples of "to make a glowing weakspot tie in with game lore", or are they examples of making a weakspot visible WITHOUT making it emit light? I think we might be arguing for the same point here.
If the weakspot looks unremarkable to the naked eye, and the "glowing" you see on screen is NOT an inherent property of the weakspot but a special ability the hero has, that's GOOD. If the weakspot itself emits light that anyone in-setting can see, with no in-setting explanation other than "because it's a weakspot", that's BAD.
I only brought up the option of "needing a throwaway line or two spelling this out for you" as a compromise for WHEN THE WEAK POINT IS NOT VISIBLE. Otherwise, because the weakspot is visible, there is obviously no need to spell it out.
You're not understanding the words that I wrote.

if only being upset made you good enough at video games to hit a weak spot, but you have parkinsons. oh well.

dont you have cum brownies you need to be eating?

>one boss it's actually harder to avoid hitting his weak point, than hitting it

Don't even allude to that boss

Vindictus does this for almost every boss.

I've never been so pissed off at Nintendo. Had to get the PS2 version instead.

That cat is being sexually harrassed.

oh and

is there any game other than Megaman ZX which does this?

seriously fuck this guy

It's over liquid. He had the better genes

Destroying armor is much easier than making it. There exist triple shaped charge warheads for missiles, which can punch through upgraded Abrams armor head-on and still have like 50% penetration headroom to spare.

Adding to that. Abrams armor is a paragon of armor technology, it's the toughest most durable armor in existence; it's been in service for nearly 40 years and nothing had surpassed it. And yet weapons to defeat armor had advanced to the point where not even its frontal armor can stand a chance. And I'm not even talking about overkill grade weapons such as 9" artillery shells, I'm referring to weapons in the same weight category as Abrams armor. Over 80% of this tank's weight is its armor, and even at that it's grossly overweight. You can not even hope to put that kind of armor on a mech, period. And anything short of that armor is even easier to defeat. In practice a mech armor would not stand against an old soviet RPG-7, it would not be thick enough to withstand the blow and it wouldn't have sufficient reactive armor coverage to make up for it. The only hope it would have of surviving is to use these meme projectile interception systems in hopes that it would strike the incoming missile and it'll fizzle out before striking the armor. It doesn't always work and it only has so many charges in it.

What if the mech has an absolute terror field?

why does Acid man still post here?

:^)

You can't be this retarded

Maybe for sidequests or so you can return easily for missed items.

Name a tank armor with thicker RHA equivalent. Pro tip: you can't.

Nobody knows because nearly every tank that is in the same class as the Abrams has a classified armor rating. Of the ones that are known some variants of the Leopard 2 do rival the Abrams A2 variants, and the T-14 will probably be better armored as well.

I think I went a whole year or two before losing THE GAME. Thanks cunt.

Then we target the whiny teenager piloting it it.

Underrated post.

Underrated post.

sauce?

Are you serious? Onsa is the only explicitly jewish character I have seen outside of Angel Cop and Evangelion.I figured Holla Forums of all places would know that.

Are you you legitimately retarded?

why do developers do this?

i know games today are pandering to normfags but come on now, name up to 5 games that do this

It's actually more common than you'd think. The new Super Mario World for example does this, in fact I think a number of recent Nintendo games do this. They just give you powerups without even asking you when you fail a certain number of times. I want to say I've seen more recently, but they aren't coming to mind at the moment.

Resident Evil 4.

Angry asuka is strangely hot.

>the only way to discover a true weakness is to find some experimental data several miles away in an irradiated crater of a ruined military lab and your character has to be not retarded enough to utilize it

So just like real life when an RPG from the 70s takes out a billion dollar tank in some Arab Mud hole.

Yes.
Haven Troopers are underrated.

This doesn't happen. You should have said IED

Shitty RPGs are the one thing that the Abrams was built to withstand over and over. Helicopters, on the other hand…

I always liked that Battletech tanks had a different armor model which made them much more difficult to penetrate from one side, but they ended up having the same number of overall armor points as 'Mechs. The 'Mechs are more fragile because the armor is distributed over a greater area and there are more critical parts to destroy, but they are also more tactically valuable because they are capable of filling more diverse roles than tanks. This made the "My 10 million C-Bill Atlas and 5 star MechWarrior just got instantly wiped out by a gauss rifle to the face" scenario very common.

the new crash bandicoot does it too.
i've noticed it in plenty of newer games. they lessen the number of enemies spawned up ahead of you. give you power ups.

the funny thing is that you havent noticed this yet.