20th Century Games

Video Games were only invented within a tiny sliver of the last millennium and yet it still has more enjoyable games than this one.

I've forgotten about a lot of the older games from this time period so, if you have a story about games from the 60's and 70's in particular: you're more than welcome here.

FIRST

SECOND

What makes them good? Because they're old?

We're only on year 18/1000 of this millennium, user.

They're challenging, for one. Nintendo's New Super Mario Bros. games give you buckets of lives because they know you're too stupid to make it across a gap without dying 60 times and Bioshock Infinite only has one puzzle in the game that gives you the answer because Irrational Games considers your capacity for memorization and note-taking to be beneath their contempt. You sound like a cunt who bumbled his/her/zir/thonthon way over here from Reddit, by the way.

I'm sorry for giving you that impression from the pictures I used but your interpretation of my thread is retarded and you need the stupid kicked right out of your testicles.

L.A.M.A.J would win

the mummy one's fucked up logo really pisses me off
why did they do that?

The big red guy 4U already killed 2 guys. Meanwhile blue cuck is just standing there waiting for the 2 women behind jim to tell him what to do.

look closer, idiot, the women are dead. ERIOIOIRE killed L.A.M.A.J's wife and her twin sister and now he is out for revenge. He has nothing to lose. He is a lose canon with two guns. ERIOIOIRE doesn't stand a chance.

I wonder how the latter game playes on a XBOX36∞dEXOƐ|X.

Old games were made by a few guys who cared. New games are made by fucking huge teams who can't hope to even know everyone's name (big AAA games have thousands of devs) and must obey's corporate bullshit against making anything different (cover your ass in case it's a flop) and marketing's bullshit of making everyone a niggress. Modern tech and budget allows failed movie directors to make every twelve steps you take start a cutscene. And as said, the audience changed so now they have to be dumbed down.

These two. Racing arcade games are the best. Although I never played Outrun in one of the sitdown cabinets though, wish I could find one.

Me and a friend managed to find an old pong machine being sold by some toothless Assyrian crackhead out of his garage, and picked it up for dirt cheap. It was some funky variant titled "Flim-Flam", with paddles you could move in all directions and a "Flim-Flam" button to put English on the ball. We spent the night fixing it up (though, surprisingly, it was still in decent working condition) and playing it, getting really damn good to the point where most games were decided by a single point. It was incredibly fun.

On the topic still of 70s arcade experiences, we later got a chance to play some 70s Atari pinball tables at a convention, and they were simply sublime. They played slowly and smoothly, with the ball making these awesome floaty curves across wide playfields coated in amazing artwork. Each table had several sets of flippers controlled by either button, and they were just a joy to play. I played so many amazing games at that convention, but of the 70s stuff I played that was definitely a standout moment. I also finally got a chance to play real Crazy Climber and Jungle Hunt machines, which were games I loved as a kid but never got to fully experience.

Thank you for this thread, I love being able to talk about these fantastic games. There's just something to them, so intangibly magical and purely fun.

I tired playing Outrun 2006 coast 2 coast with a wheel, where the hell is the force feedback

It's an edit. If you knew elementary moon, you'd know that it doesn't say anything.

Flim-Flam sounds fun. I never got to play Pong systems in the arcade, as my first game was Tempest, but I recall seeing them in bars. Ah, childhood of the early eighties.

I miss good pinball-games.

They are good. That is what makes them good.