What went wrong?

I have over 100 hours in the game and I enjoyed it, but there was not a minute of playing the game where I didn't think "this could have been so much more".

The open world feels… empty? Exploring it wasn't as interesting as I expected and there's not much to do in it other than a bunch of boring fetch quests and hunts. I also felt there was a severe lack of variety in the environments.

I didn't really mind the second half of the game other than the fact that it felt like some cutscenes were missing (though I guess that's what the DLC is for? haven't played them).

I really wish they let you explore the world of darkness though. That really feels like a huge missed opportunity for interesting end game content.

Anyways I don't really hate the game and I don't regret the 100 hours that I spent in it. I just think the game had a lot more potential.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/PhMpk
please
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did it end up nearly as edgy and grimdark as the original promo material looked?

I enjoyed it. I liked the Open worlds design especially compared to other "open worlds". The only issue was the combat was far far too simplistic. If they improved the battle mechanics to make it actually challenging enough to be stimulating it would have been a 10/10.

Nomura left (or was removed) and they basically remade the game with a B team only keeping a few of the characters from the FFvsXIII concept. Also coleman and cup noodle shilling for no fucking reason at all. They also injected some "progressive" propaganda in the form of Lestallus and Xeneris in general.

I just searched the wiki for laughs and there's literally no results for either of these. Any info on it?

user, you’re the one who’s trying really hard to bait.

Here's what's wrong.

I mispelled it
Lestallum is a city for dykes and Xeneris is the world's Shinra minus capitalism + aforementioned dykes.

If you can look at those character designs and still maintain even the slightest bit of interest in this game at all, you deserve to be tortured to death just like the devs.

So I just read up on it and apparently there's a women only or mostly women, it seems inconsistent like a translation embellishment, power plant that gets run over by monsters then later somehow manages to generate enough electricity that everyone in the entire world/country/whatever goes that after the sun gets turned off because street lights kill monsters or some stupid shit. Am I getting this right? How were monsters ever a problem if you can kill them with a flood light?

Not even close, but I do think the end of the game would have still been the same for the most part. It's really fucking disappointing.

If someone doesn't mod the game to have some KH2 style combat when it drops on PC then there won't be any reason to buy it. For fuck sake there are signs of depth in there but it falls flat, doing a level one run atm and everything is just a hassle instead of being mostly a legitimate challenge like in KH. Even if the combat gets changed you still need to tweak a lot of stuff.

Iris is best girl fight me.

She's a weeb character that doesn't exist in real life.

Whats it like, never touching a female? Fucking bitch loser.

fujoshit

>>>/a/
Bet you cant even enjoy a game that isn't all girls.
FFXV isnt even good, but your reasons for bitching are stupid.

W-what the fuck is that?

You aren't very used to imageboards are you?

Looks like CyberGondor to me.

The fact that very simple and basic stuff had to be gridded for no good reason Kinda like FFXII
The "realistic" setting is kinda uncomfortable

also this

Are you retarded?

dark souls is a jrpg ;^)

It was more and it always was more. Square executives thought kick out the director and butcher the story twice (two decent stories just cut out I would like to emphasis). Then they decided to cut it up into tiny pieces and sell it piece meal DLC thorughout the year and continuing through this year and change it's entirety to an MMO grind with one-time-only unlocks and multiplayer to prove that this game wasn't made for a quality story but "well it's fun for friends" faggots and whales who throw their wallets at everything. This is the biggest fuck you in final fantasy history when the driving point of the main characters is cut off in a stupid cgi movie outside of the game. Also Luna is dying but she shows she can heal people and she has ancient summons with her who do jack shit to help her because muh fate and tragic story. All of this covered in marketing with cars, tekken inclusion, assassins creed inclusion, special events, mobile version, anime, and side mobile games instead of actually focusing on the actual story and fucking videogame.

FUCK THIS GAME

necesary video for more detail

Crazy of a director he is, he still was the person who had an Idea for the game and they straight kicked him out after the 10 years of god knows what inclusion into the project to work on other projects. Taking your main director is a bad idea if you want to miss the vision of whatever you are investing your money into. They could have hired a guy to keep him inline instead of kicking him out to jerk around even further with KH3 and FFVII:remake.

The lack of Cup Noodle in this thread disappoints me and our corporate overlords.

Nothing actually fixable with the current shape SquarEnix is in. Keep in mind that Nier (And, possibly, Drakengard by extension) are now considered a "big series" as far as company executives are concerned because Automata just happened to make a modest amount of money. And, let's not forget about the fact that AFTER Bravely Default was a FINANCIAL SUCCESS WORLDWIDE, Square's president stated that "We've seen the error in our ways, and we'll be more dedicated to our core fanbase with future titles because our experiment in trying to appeal to everyone ends up appealing to no one", only to then "conveniently forget" about that statement and go on as "business as usual".
archive.fo/PhMpk
please use archive.is/2014/03/31/bravely-defaults-success-west-making-square-enix-rethink-jrpgs/

Why did Nomura leave the project when it needed him most. Why did he allow it to become so…jewed? I'm shocked EA didn't have a hand in it, honestly.

Well, they've had a new CEO since 2013 so maybe that had something to do with it.

Forgot to mention this was the same year that All the Bravest aka "worst recieved gatchashit of all time" came out. It's microtransactions from here on out it seems.

Did you miss the aimless 13 year development cycle and them actually admitting they were playing catch-up with the West on "Open-world" design by citing Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, and Fallout when making this game?

Of course Iris is best girl in XV. Too bad she got only an hour of screen time, much like every other character outside the main four.

it actually was a lot better than i expected, and if its combat system wasn't complete shit i'd say it's a genuinely good game. but the combat system was fucking garbage and completely killed my drive to finish it

Here's a harder question.
What went right?

The combat system is probably the best thing about the game, actually.

we'll agree to disagree then. i loved the setting, i loved driving around and having a road trip with n*sync, but the combat just didn't do a goddamn thing for me

I thought it was okay. 7/10 not memeing. It was on the good side, but, once again, not a super classic like the older games.

sexy food pictures, cindy, ignis, ardyn, the lucii ring, and honestly i thought it was the best non-atb combat they've done so far.
well, unless 14 counts.

This.
What went wrong with FF 15? FF 15.
Wanting to make a game for fujoshit and appease leftists in the west. Failure at arrival.

Speaking of failure, here comes the soyboy. You must know pretty well about never touching women, as all soyboys are toys. Or maybe you are one of the fat whales that know that the beauty of 2D lolis will be eternal while your body ages and you are discarded by real Men for new and younger meat.

And fags keep on replying to this cuckchan shit, it's amazing

You're the worst kind of scum on the face of the Earth.

You just described the franchise.

The numale exposes himself.
Or is it indeed a fat whale that is getting old and close to being replaced (if it wasn't already)?
Women are objects for temporary pleasure. Real MEN use and discard them when they age too much, and seek newer, younger meat to use and discard again when older. This rule of nature will never change. Fat whales and old hags will forever be used, get exploited, and discarded. Deal with it, you weakling.