MH NOOOOOO

please use archive.is/2018/1/9/16867890/monster-hunter-world-new-player-adopt-a-hunter

modpockets please smack anyone who doesn't archive

Its a marketing attempt in line with Capcom's goal of selling MH to the west. Makes sense they want as many newfags, especially as the game is being marketed as easier for westerners, even if thats not want fans want.

hmmm, really gets the noggin joggin.

One can dream

Reminder that the more patient ones will get carried all the way to g-rank and the rest will quit the game because "ît's too hard".

capcom please

OR
Will they let you give newbies back to the orphanages and adopt a new one?

I'd actually kind of be OK with that, that was like baby mode so it' be perfect for teaching retards the basics of playing the game and they look hilarious to boot.

No you need to bully them into shape.

I don't mind having noobs on my team, as long as they keep alive.
I can solo the boss anyway and they are a nice distraction more often than not.

You have to work on problem newbies just like a parent

That would be half of Holla Forums's fantasy with the other half wanting to be the child

(You)

I'm sure the point of mentoring noobs is to shake them from their bad habits and help them gitgud, but some people are beyond help. Just an anecdote

Motherfucker I don't care if it isn't optimal it's a lot more entertaining to chow down on a chunk of meat than the potion chugging animation.

Fuck you Blue I'll bring as many steaks as I want and if you can't play anything but the absolute max stamina you're an insufferable cunt.
Just wait for the stamina to go down twice and you'll be glad you brought steaks.
Also Seregios says hello.

Mentoring actually does seem like something that would canonically occur in that world. I dunno about having real people do it though. I mean, look how childish and stupid online gaming communities can be. Even if it's incentivized there's just not going to be the patience and maturity to implement it.

Collecting hatemail was something of a hobby of mine back in highschool, the new MH will be a goldmine

hahaha holy shit, you're lurking. Sorry, I can't remember who you were. I'm not Blue though, I'm someone else
Well, ever since then I just use drinks. I'll be damned if I have to go round up some meat a bunch of times every time I run out when I can just multiply craft mats as I hunt shit I actually want to hunt.

I used to have "U NIGGER" and "FUCKING BAGUETTE" hotkeyed on 3DS and had several frenchies ragequit after a cart by spamming the chat with it.
Can't wait to use voice chat tbh~

You can buy stacks of 99 raw meats from the wycoon in MH4U, it's in the daily random items.

I think the only time I was looking for anything from that shop was for webs for net traps. Never found that store useful since it was always nectars, stones, and boomerangs.

I bet you didn't even do the expeditions, faggot.
I could pull out five bosses with 10 pots only.

the useless fags will quit, you should be happy more newbros will join

typical contrarian Holla Forums

kill yourself

Go back

I can't teach a retard casual how to be patient. The types of people they're hoping to pull in with this game are the ones who crave instant gratification and would rather see a bar fill up as their only incentive to keep playing.

i.e: the western gamer

>implying Wurm hadn't taught me to embrace autism and camaraderie in it's purest form
There are fewer fonder memories than when I was assisting someone in building a bunch of stone coffins to hide some fags items in and spread them around in a big scavenger hunt with the mod's blessing because he was also sick of the fag's whining

I don't know what you're talking about, MH has always had a lot of instant gratification. It's all about that phat loot.

I'm not even gonna bother with MH:W. I'll just play Double Cross on Switch in moon runes instead. The amount of normalfags that are going to latch onto this and encourage more Capcom casualization seems incredibly high.

Are you 16 or something? Fuck off kid.

HA HA CAPCOM SHAFTED YOU AGAIN

As a new player, I'd rather slap an experienced hand away, even if it means I have to slog through the mud for a while.

It's a program designed to get Monster Hunter players to do what they already do anyway. Except now that developers are bringing attention to it and attempting to incentivize players to do what they already do naturally it's bad because reasons.

This game doesn't look like it's going to be all that great but you niggers just consistently keep bitching about all the wrong shit.

Newbros will filter in over time. Actively pandering to newfags and pop-game trend chasers is just going to shit up the community and - if successful - is only going to ensure that future monster hunter games are casualized to shit in order to not scare away the newfags by requiring effort.

Enjoy your flood of twitch streamers and cam whores.

post the full one

The one where the original members come back with automatic rifles and go on a killing spree? Don't have it.

This. MHWorld looks and plays like casualized dogshit.

IT GETS LONGER EVERY TIME

Organize boycotts and create outrage for normalfags to make them avoid the game.
Capcom is ruining it's franchises to appeal to non-gamers. It is time to ruin them completely.

Now I can demand 2B lewds whenever I toast this bread

user you cant be serious. Just because people who dont browse a cambodian imageboard like the game it doesnt mean that its appealing to non-gamers. Non-gamers dont even play videogames.

I ended up going through some YouTube videos on a machine that didn't have adblock installed, and one of those ads was from Riot Games, celebrating noobs, telling them to revel in their newbie ways. Of course, this means they want to cast a wide net for new players who Riot feel would be turned away from their game having an image of being played "seriously."
Now here is Capcom doing something similar. "You might have heard that these games have been hard to get into, but we're rolling out the red carpet for you!"
When you cast large nets like that, you'll end up catching people that don't fit the mold, and you'll get players who do take the game seriously matched up with players who would rather just goof around. Naturally this will frustrate both types of players, but one is a local and the other is a tourist. The tourists were led by the nose to a place where they don't meld the established player base, sullying the experience for all.
Is that the right shit to bitch about?

This is the fourth mh thread in like three days, instead of making a whole thread why don't you just post this shit in the general.

Gee, MH fans sure are autistic.

This is more likely

off yourself clickbait fag you worthless waste of oxygen

Never come back.

You can all leave forever too.

Is Monster Cunt really that hard? My middleschooler brother plays this and he seems to do just fine with the insect glaive. Only complaints I ever heard were about the hunter flexing after drinking a potion, but even then just telling him that they added that so you wouldn't item spam made him stop whining and learn to time his healing better

But that's what you're supposed to do, now.
If he's playing 4U, that thing is OP as fuck, provided he knows how to properly use it.

Pass

That's usually a waste. It's a fairly long breather, perfect to let everyone sharpen and heal, combine some items, pop might pills or demon drugs, or even just set up traps. Attacking the monster shaves a bit of time off, but wastes one of the best opportunities to rest mid-battle you can possibly get, just before the monster will present a long opening to attack.

wew lad

wew lad

that's the skill that unlocked on my 30th birthday

Problem is MH eventually becomes too difficult for anyone to carry anyone else, and everyone needs to have competency they developed on their own or else the team will lose.

They're making this shit with game journos in mind, aren't they?

It's not actually a .jpg.
It's a gif in a jpg container.

It's just a .gif renamed dummy. The file extension != container.

I never understood the appeal of Monster Hunter, very repetitive game made for soulless nips who enjoy their repetitive task jobs way too much.

So basically like raising your pawn in Dragon's Dogma.
If only they also let you carry them around.

My DD main pawn was this huge brutish bald nigger, fuck off.

Keep it flowing bois.

I want this piece of shit to come to switch, not to play it, because I don't have a fucking switch, but so consolefags will stop being this retarded.

Don't worry.
From what they showed so far it'll be way easier then previous MHs.

This shill fears the expansion of image board culture to the mainstream. This is what i am talking about, anons. We ARE making the normalfags more selective with their purchases. Time and time again, shills come here to say "it is no use", only to have their companies' sale sink thanks to our effort in spreading everything wrong with the industry.
Keep raising awareness and creating outrage against companies like Capcom, EA, Activision, etc. The normalfags are reading what we say and they know that when we see a shitty practice, we are always right. It is working, and we can expand it further.

Fuck, I've never seen that version but now I want to.
Dumping MH shit so not off topic.

Must be tough to shill for a company that keeps shooting itself in the foot.

If you play with randoms and not solo/with trusted friends you're actively sabotaging the game for yourself.

Christ what a low effort OP

Since then i trained my mind to break free from the desire sensor, my Monster Hunter and Warframe experience is a lot better now.

I think I drew this, it's very similar to the other shitty mspaint drawings I made for a group of people I played with during MHFU but I lost all of them except one.

Blue here, I eat raw meat just for the heck of it on tigrex sets, if I threw an autitic shitfit at someone about steaks it was because they stopped in the middle of a g-rank hunt to start cooking them. I have no idea what you mean about seregios, bleed damage? Someone's never eaten sushifish or mosswine jerky then.

Monster Hunter's barrier to entry is that there's 200 boring-as-shit tutorials that explain everything in the game. Autism is a requirement to care long enough to learn it all. I'm looking forward to simplification, these games are needlessly in-depth about mundane shit.

I'm very happy with pretty much every change they've made to World so far.
The fags that have been playing the copy paste 3DS games for the past 5 years being mad about the game getting some worthwhile changes are just the cherry on top of the cake

This is pretty insulting, really. They act like the series up until now has been some impossible labyrinth you're forced to try and navigate on your own, when community practices like tutorial videos/wikis/forums have been around forever already. I guess this makes sense though, since World is being made so that any retard, no matter how unwilling they are to put any effort into learning a game, can still succeed. It's so fucking greedy too, they already have one of the biggest games series ever in Japan, and a decent following internationally, and yet they are willing to fuck it up for mass appeal just to try and get a few more shekels.

More news at 11
Also archive you faggot

Ok. You're pretending like as if this game is EA's BF2, all they did was pretty much reboot the franchise. In fact, everytime Holla Forums loses their shit over a game like this it always ends up being successful, especially games like fallout 4.

user, the point of the article is to hunt with your friends and teach them the rules of MH. It was your own fault that you decided to play with brain-dead randoms in the first place. I see that people in this thread are complaining that normalfags and dumbasses are starting to play MH but what they dont realize is that they've always been there, they were the shitters you see in every game all along. Its no doubt going to be the same with world.

i recognize that reaction image you colossal faggot

It seems most people favor the GS.
Am I a pleb for using sword and shield?
I also want to be the best at it but most people I ask are vague about it, how can I be the best with it?

It's also a perfect opportunity to build up meter for the weapons that have one, charge up phials for the charge axe, and collect juices with the kinsect. Ideally, you wouldn't need an opportunity to rest like that, in the first place. The biggest reason to not attack during mounts, in 4U, was the risk of knocking the mounter off by staggering the monster. With that risk gone, though, even if it would be better to heal up or whatever, a player who, instead, elects to attack the monster is still going to benefit the group, instead of fuck up the mount like they once did. My point, basically, is that telling a newbie to attack when someone else is mounting is hardly making them an annoying shitter. It will just make them slightly less efficient than ideal.

Kek, i know worse

Am I the only one fine with helping new players. I am an experience/kinesthetic learner. I don't want to be handheld, just like mentor hunter.

Yeah thinking of the ideal, but I've made many friends by being on both the mentor and the mentored in a game. By mentoring a new player them will understand and learn to love the game, thus bigger audience, and hopefully that will encourage devs to make the games we like.

You should always follow the rule "host picks".
If a player joins a room, he has to pick the host's quest.
If he survives the quest withouth carting more than once and being a total ass, he gets to pick a quest, otherwise he's kicked.
Teach newbies the value of patience and they will learn how to play better.

That sounds fun, if it does go like that and not like:
"user, see thos-"
"fuk u give honny or i repot u"
"but i just wanted to-"
"HUEHONHONHON"

It's not new players that's the problem. It's casuals becoming new players. If someone who's generally competent at vidya starts getting into MH, I'd have no problem helping them out. But casuals tend to refuse to learn how to play for themselves.

Yeah, that's why I said I am probably hoping for an ideal that is rare if not impossible nowadays.
I have mentored many retards in different games. I do think its worth it though to eventually find a good person to mentor and then make a good friendship with.
Saying this as someone who will have to be mentored in MH, never had either themoney or the system for them when the games came out.

I love helping people, it turns me on. I don't know why, it just does.

If you only use one weapon you're a pleb by default so don't worry about other people that only play GS. The only thing to really know about sns is don't use x-x-x, the overhead slash, or (direction)+a-a, the shield bash. These both have bad motion value and throw other players. Other tips: If you hit back+a and immediately release a without releasing back you won't lunge forward, giving you a backstep (which does have i-frames) to reposition. Using an item after a lunge gives you super armor, sort of useful to avoid getting your use animation interrupted by getting walked into. Get elemental weapons or blast if you want to do damage. Spe sharpen is also kind of better than razor sharp on sns since you can hit whetstones so easily. Finally, anyone that tells you to use wide range on anything but a theme set is super gay.
You will become a true SnS master when you learn the secret of the crouch cancel (note that crouch cancel is an absolutely useless tech however).

Why not try to organise some buddies for MHFU/P3rd ppsspp in the monster hunter thread? I would even be willing to help. If my good pc wasn't fucked at the moment.

same boat here, I don't understand this thread. In order for advice to do any good, a new player has to want to learn in the first place. How is this worse than the current alternative, where new players develop through trial and error, which doesn't exactly mean improving? They just do what works, even if, ESPECIALLY if it requires as little adaptation as possible. Just look at the mount spammers, the assholes that pretend to help by running around without getting their hands dirty, or the longsword trip meme. Tutelage has nothing to do with whether shitters will be shit, as says.

same, which is really strange because I have very little interaction with people irl. I'm not sure if it's the feeling of grandstanding or validation through other people in general. Nothing felt as satisfying as somebody telling me I was extraordinarily helpful or impressive. Maybe I'm just lonely?

user, you are greatly overestimating casuals. And you are mistaken when it comes to casuals and normalfags wanting to play MHW, they would either play their mobas, cod, destiny, and perhaps even dragonball fighterz I know from actually talking to some of them, they actually preferred evolve back when it came out.
The ones ive seen play mhw some videogame journalists would play like they are either, high, drunk or actually retarded. Those would have no hope getting past low rank without rage quitting let alone high rank.

It's more than the game itself. This attitude of "don't be rude, be helpful" is exactly the kind of thing that affects the community outside of the game in bad ways. It fosters the reddit mentality of safespaces and hugboxes, and sets a tone of non-critical, non-confrontational interactions. It means you can't call a faggot a faggot for acting like a faggot, because

How big is the power spike between low rank and high rank?

Nobody knows what it's like in MHW but in past games it's been very coddling and gradual. Yeah, it's harder, but not that much harder and I don't really need to change the way I play. The real power spike has always been moving from HR to G-Rank. That's where you don't get to fuck around anymore and play like a slob.

Attack:1
Defense:1
Attack:2
Defense:3

are jews behind this?

30 seconds in and I'm already jarred
capcom please, make dialogue an option I can disable from the start.

My main gripe with monster hunter was the lack of in game information. When you need several different resources, a general direction on them would be nice to know. Although some items included a short story on their description, you could be gathering resources in an entirely wrong rank altogether. I had to use external resources like karaniko with their drop tables to find some of the more obscure items. If the game kept track of where the resources are more easily attained I would not have to stop playing to look for where I can obtain an item I have never seen before.

On that note, I don't think the adopt a hunter initiative is going to work. Online communities are cancerous from the get go and without any incentive other than "more people to play with" most of these will wind up on the 'git gud or git kicked from the party' aspect of learning.

Monster Hunter has ALWAYS functioned on a hunt-to-know basis. You don't know what a monster is resistant to before you hunt it, you only get to know AFTER you hunt it and look at its gear. Why should you know what items a certain rank area produces before having found them once already? If you have issues knowing that a Carapace is not to be found in Low Rank and a Piel is not to be found in High Rank, then you might suffer from brain problems.

I don't think cutting back on the vitriol has to mean being hugboxy. personally, I don't think that rule suggests you shouldn't call somebody a bellend for being knowingly, selfishly discourteous to other players, or that criticism should be blunted just because it might hurt feelings. It just means to keep it clean, and if objective reflection is offensive to somebody, that's their problem.

What does bullying do that straight truth can't? Baddies will double down and ignore you regardless, but what about the people that just don't know any better? even if what you tell them is true, beating them over the head with their flaws makes you look like an enemy, some elitist that would rather discourage people than uplift them.

To be fair it would be nice having tips on how to get specific items to drop from bosses.
I don't mind farming the same boss over and over, but knowing i could have captured for better results is bound to be hidden info if you don't google up a wiki.
Nobody has the patience to farm a boss a hundred times per kind of strategy just to compile stats.

The stats don't matter. No drops are below 1%, and that's extremely high compared to most grinding games. It's enough to know if it's common, uncommon, or rare. Nobody actually USES the stats listed on all of those MH sites because at the end of the day a nigger just has to keep hunting.

I had in mind an in-game system that tells you if items are common, uncommon, rare, gems, or break part-tied.
Just a guideline on what to expect really would be nice

I'm not surprised, monster humter is a terrible game. Completely devoid of fun at the start, it expects you to grind for hours before you're allowed to have fun. It relies on multiplayer for fun as well.
a game where you need to wait to get good is a bad game

The english is what bothers me, or perhaps its just that voice actor. The game was much more soothing to play with the language set to monhun language. I could actually focus on hunting when the girl is speaking jibberish rather than with the infuriating english voice.
Nergigante itself is actually kinda cool, its theme is actually pretty neat, although its name does not fit it and it seems kinda basic for an elder dragon. Its fight looks to be fun.

Nigger, if someone calls me out on playing like a shitter, I'll try to do better than him out of pure spite. I believe any red blooded male would do the fucking same. Only soyboys take it laying down and crack under the pressure of bullying.

Telling somebody they're bad at the game isn't bullying.

there all ready is
the only thing you really need to look up is if a drop is capture only, since 3 carves give you better odds over 2 capture items because the drop rate is hardly better.

I'd like to add that most rare parts are usually an actual rarity level higher, Rathian spikes and plates are rare 5 for example, while the rest of the LR parts are rare 4.

I adopted hunters in 4u
Watching them go from double carting bronze crown nubs to full on axe swinging Apex jho slayers is fucking awesome.

There is an existing problem in monhun where veterans and higher rank players go into low rank rooms and essentially play the game for them, with the new players not learning how to play the game and being thrust upon the highest ranks, constantly triple carting in every room they go to.

I've always thought that hame runs were cool as fuck, but they just feel cheap to me. I feel like it breaks the balance, and looks more like it should be a speedrun strat. I could definitely see why people would want to legitimately use it for some of the post-game g-rank quests though.

This better be a one time thing.

ok

I decided to give this another look, and holy shit, they have button displays for the basic controls as part of the HUD. I never played HH so I don't know of the HUD displayed its song list, but it will in MH:W.
It really clutters the screen. I hope this is just demo/tutorial stuff and can be turned off later.
But the end is just the cherry on top

i agree that it is a problem, but carrying != teaching

I like how there is always a mod rabidly defending any criticism of nintendo or their fans.

How see through can you be?

That looks like your average thread on Holla Forums. I miss my hate mail sending/receiving days. Now XBL has stepped up their enforcement like crazy and even the most minor shit will get you banned.

Any hope I had for the game just died. And I didnt have any to begin with. This will be dead in a few months and another example of why casualization benefits no one

You could change it to japanese or back to the old monster hunter language if you want, thats what I did during the demo.

Can you disable it

Im not sure about disabling it in the demo, I am not sure if you can disable it in the actual game either. I have a ps4 so ill try to disable it next time I get to play the demo. I heard somewhere that you actually can mute her, it would be dumb to not have that as an option once the game comes out though.

?????????

From what I've seen of extended gameplay of the demo, the handler only gives you tutorial instructions the first time they're relevant, so she does end up quieting down after a few quests.

I'm just hoping it's hard as fuck like the older ones. I remember me any my cousin used to love playing it on the ps2 and ps1, but he doesn't want to get the new one because he thinks its too much grinding. It'd be fun to co op though.

I don't mind too much that MHW is trying to attract more people. I could really use some people to play this game long-term with.
I only got on the monhun train recently and nobody plays it anymore.
It's like immigration, if it means they come in like a good immigrant and then integrate beautifully then great, if not, then fuck 'em, show them the door.
What I do have an issue with is Polygon. I hate that they get any revenue at all, specially from this.

or you could just skip the whole first gay part and just show them the door to begin with

Or you could be like big boss and find the best potential players then fucking kidnap them. Then after a while kick out all of the lower ranked shitters so there are only good players remaining.

I once got 3 Shagaru mantles in one go. Didn't even want them. It then took me 3 days to get 2 mantles for my Pink Rath set.

Someone was going around saying LS was a good beginner weapon, and I want to slap them in the mouth. If you want to "get gud" I'd give either LS or DS a spin. They take a bit of skill to use at max efficiency.

But really, SnS is perfectly acceptable, if you have fun with it. You can do quite a bit of damage with the proper coatings. Try shuffling your equipment around if you really want, but don't feel like one weapon is "worse" than the others.

I've been farming Nerscylla for 2 more sleeping sacs.
It's been hours and I'm still 2/4. Wish I had friends to play mh4U.

G-rank or High Rank?

They use the mics to lower your probability of getting the shit you want.

You sound like a fucking overly sensitive normalfag.

I've repeatedly found that MonHun games are actually fucking casual already, because they spend hours and hours teaching you shit you'd figure out on your own in 30 minutes.
etc etc

I'm basically just starting out. Just finished the quests in Harth.
Now I'm 3/4 sleep sacs for my Cluster hammer.

The amount of children and french during the beta on the PS4 who had the voicechat on was terrifying

I seriously hope the Timer for any Quests doesnt fucking stick at 20 Minutes like it did in the Beta.

how outdated is this?

About 75% is still accurate

I feel kind of pushed to apologize to you for my countrymen..
most gamers in france dont fucking bother with learning english and those that aren't complete retards don't ever give out that they're french because they know of the rep in online games but to be fair germans are the same albeit not as bad since they have the common courtesy to communicate on their own teamspeak instead of spamming in chat something like

YA D FRANCER ?????

But I thought the beta was the game journo ez mode version, not a souped up hard mode?

The time limit, combined with the tracking mechanic made it so a lot of people couldn't finish The t-rex monster or Barroth within the 20 minute time limit, which apparently blew the minds of newfags who can't git gud.

Sounds like something a retard would say

You mean the map design being a lot worse. and even then you could easily finish because 5 minutes was wandering around the horribly designed forest area with a map that doesn't show altitude changes.

disgusting

The cats have been around for ages, it's nothing new.
I have no idea if this is true. Evading out of GS charges is true though. You also get a shoulder bash attack that gives massive reduction to damage taken, super armor, immunity to wind/roars while charging, and it increases your charge combo to the next tier (overhead -> wide underhand -> two-hit spin).
Nope.
It was censored for the press demos, apparently the full version will have blood. Some of the videos have shown monsters spouting blood when hit like the old games. I'm not sure, though.
I don't know what this means.
The demos always have above average armor, and it's low rank.
Sharpness now has a meter that visibly depletes. The rest is tutorial stuff.
It's probably just the demo equipment; like I said before, the demos always give you way better gear than you should have for that point of the game. I haven't seen anyone saying any about how sharpness works being changed, other than the new meter, so I'm guessing that's false.
If you're a retard who falls for that webm comparing a g-rank, enraged diablos from 3U to a low rank, un-enraged diablos from World's demo, sure. Low rank monsters aren't as dangerous as g-rank monsters, what an abso-fucking-lutely massive surprise. Diablos seems the same as low rank Diablos has been since 3rd gen, which is still much more dangerous than 2nd gen's low rank Diablos. Barroth is weaker than he was in Tri, but that isn't new, because that nerf happened in P3rd iirc and was also in both 3U and XX. Tri's Barroth was broken and he has never been like that since Tri itself.
From what they've been saying so far, paid DLC will be cosmetic, aside from the early-low-rank pre-order stuff.
Monsters will be added in free DLC after the updates.
This is entirely speculation.

Unless I've missed something, everything else is true.

I love Barroth to death, but with the gear they gave you he was fucking nothing.

Not only that, but it's just bitching about Capcom's standard practices with the series. G-rank being paid dlc, instead of exclusive to a re-release of the game, would be an improvement over what they usually do.

After getting used to how fluid and versatile this weapon is, I find it hard trying other things.
Just something to try
also

Any salt from Monhunfags yet?

The people who think capcom are going to re-release MHW with g-rank as MHWU for a whole other $60 are out of their fucking minds.
But then again capcom re-released Dragons Dogma DA for full price just because of one expansion the game had, so it wont be fully beyond them to do that.

I became a demi-god after using the max upgraded teostra SnS with mounting god and a whole lot of ledges at my disposal. I constantly mounted and dropped elder dragons like as if they were mere trash to be disposed of. But the armor I used was the star knight set I got it before the DLC officially came out because I hacked the game thanks to Holla Forums

Yeah it's not like capcom has ever done that before right? I mean shit it didn't happen with MH4, MH3, MHGen. Dragon's Dogma like you said.
I mean if you just ignore all those there's no precedent

(checked)
Like I said, capcom arent our friends, so I wouldnt put it beyond them to do that.
I just think it would be a fucktarded buisness desicion to do at this point and releasing it as DLC would be much more sensible, its not like as if they changed a shitload of more things when it comes to monhun already.

pick one

Do you refute the statement that online multiplayer is full of cancer or that this mentoring shit isn't going to work because of it? Because both assertions are true.

I don't play online. Since most "gamers" are more interested in the social media aspects than actually playing the game. You have trolls fucking around, autists doing RP, idiots chatting about unrelated shit, children who are terrible at the game, etc. If you're going to play a game, play the game. By and large, online multiplayer users either cannot or choose not to play the game. Absolute waste of time, unless you fall into one of those categories of cancer you aren't getting much out of it.

Wanna get adopted, faggot?

Try "Le baguette est enorme" which translates to the baguette is huge.
To this day i don't know why french people hate me for saying it.

maybe youll just have to learn to play better

So….old gamers act as coaches for the new players? And come on..let's assume not every new gamer is Reddit-tier (…I'd say the odds are 1/100) and it's a guy who's really interested but doesn't know how.

Nothing to do with the game or the devs. Get your shit together yall.

The older games werent as casual/normalfag friendly, but this game is trying to be more streamlined to get as many people to play it as possible. I tried to get a normalfag to play but it seems like he was more into instant gratification or either he didnt have that much of an attention span. Its attracting people from everywhere and I personally dont mind people who thinks it looks cool and wants to give it a try. I dont know why Holla Forums would get pissed off about new people wanting to play the game, it happens with every new game in the franchise. Some of us just play solo or with our friends instead of randoms anyways, including me, so its a non issue really.
Except for the frenchies and shitters who play like shit but never drop the game. Those guys can go fuck themselves in any MH game.

city slicker detected

This information is in the game.

Arrekz is a faggot but this is the way it works in world.

Fuck. I posted the wrong video. The information about the in game wiki starts at around 6:30.

Toontown basically did this almost 15 years ago.

the one thing miss for leaving consoles is the xbl hate mail.

how new are you

I miss this so much

your post made me laugh a lot for some reason

thanks user

10 DAYS LEFT UNTIL ITS OUT
ARE YOU FAGS READY FOR THIS SHITSHOW IN ITS FULL GLORY?
I hope that its at least as fun as the demo

Who cares, my moonrunes copy of XX arrives today help, what have I gotten myself into

You could have gotten it on the 3ds where you could have put in an english patch.
You've got yourself the chinese knockoff MH game which is even less faithul to MH than the actual chinese knockoff, there is a whole lot of content in it, but most of it is pointless and makes the game incredibly bloated. Not to mention the game is terribly unbalanced due to the monster having a ridiculous amount of HP and the styles fucking up combat in all kinds of ways. The valfak and atoraruka fights are fun though, the game was worth it for those alone, although I got it through freeshop for free.
You should have gotten 4U instead
Have fun anyways

I have a few hundred hours in 4U and Generations, really tired of the C-stick nub. Looked at replacement options for it, but didn't feel like going through the effort for something with seemingly limited payoff based on what other people told me about it. A friend's got my 3DS now, catching up on games he missed out on because he didn't buy one for himself, so I've been dicking around on the WiiU 3U in the meantime.

Dude just buy a psp 1000 stick and replace the nub. all you have to do is calibrate after and you have a decent stick.

Do not do this. The PSP stick is dogshit on the 3DS because it doesn't fit snugly enough. You're putting a long rectangle on a square peg, there's too much wiggle room. Get a slim thinkpad trackpoint instead. They make little low profile ones with 3mm square holes that fit the 3DS like a god damn glove.

I use a PSP nub and it works great. Way better than the default piece of shit. It's never comes loose or moves around so I'm not sure what you mean about it not fitting well, unless there is a wrong way to stick the thing on there.

I don't know how you can miss the fact that it rocks back and forth.

Why couldn't they just give us a proper thumbstick?

Because Iwata died. Honestly no N3DS version has even come close to the O3DS+CPP because at least that was a full-fledged thumbstick instead of the mushy shitty nub.

Can you guys help me out? For some reason my C-nub gives me unreasonable resistance in the lower-right region. It was like this out of the box.

Because they stuck start and select on the side, where the stick would have gone, for some reason.

But I can't do that because by the time you fuckers release the PC version, my friends will have moved the fuck on, Capcom!

I'm not too familiar with the MH series, the most I've played is a bit of Freedom Unite back on the PSP.
Why is everyone so upset about this game? It just looks to me like what I played in Freedom Unite but with improvements.

After a while they end up calling you mommy

Thinkpad nubs are ideal but the PSP thing still works pretty well if you can jam it on properly it won't move.

Certain changes that strayed too far off from other MH games, its kinda clunky too due to some new mechanics. Some guys had certain reasons they liked MH but MHW didnt have any of that for them, such as the game being too casual due to monsters getting fucked by random things from their own environment. That was only low rank footage we've seen though.
I'm personally a nature autist and MHW gives me a raging nature hard-on. Some of the monsters and maps look kinda cool too. Im getting it for ps4 along with some friends of mine because we had a lot of fun with the demo.

It's mostly some of the features to make hunting easier. Environmental traps deal/allow for major damage with little cost or effort on the part of the player. Then there's map features like vigorwasps, which not only act as free items, but respawn. The cave diablos like to hang around in the beta demo, for instance, has two or three free environmental flash bombs that respawn a little bit after being used. Then you have it changing up series staples, like the flex animation after healing. Now, some of the features people have complained about, I actually like, like removing the need to go to kiranico or download a dex just to get some actually useful info on monsters. Others I don't think are as bad as made out to be. You can move while drinking a potion, now, but it heals slowly, and canceling the animation, by dodging, getting hit, or anything else, stops the healing immediately 'and uses up the potion. That means it's easier to avoid being punished for a poorly timed potion, but the punishment is more severe.

Ive been mostly keeping away from any info on world just because the last time i heard about it, it was still around november and I didn't feel like hyping myself up so early.

Besides the environmental stuff and the handholdy new gameplay did they add any new weapons?

Fuck me that's great

No new weapons, but new moves for all existing ones.

Post more please

The slinger almost counts but it just shoots things such as flash bombs and sonic bombs or things from the environment like seeds, or rocks.
Sometimes monsters drop a part of themselves which you can load into to slinger and shoot the monster with for a quick stagger on it.
Also gunlance is pretty much broken now.

A lot of weapons lost what made them unique and they all feel much closer together than what they were before with one or two gimmicks thrown in. HBG and LBG got trashed by the changes for example. Also they nerfed horn again because they hate it.

Aside from that the map design got much much worse because they expect you to have the annoying glowing flies guiding you.

That is simply untrue. The weapon differences are more pronounced than ever. The only weapons that got even remotely similar buffs are SINS AMD LS

ah yes good old sins. Just forget that Hammer and GS play almost entirely the same now. Ignore HBG and LBG too because both are mobile as each other.
Who the fuck calls it SINS too retard

from what i can tell its just some ledditors organizing something? what does this have to do with the game

You're correct. Some people may think it sounds cool and will be just like their Japanese animes, but the reality is that you'll be dealing with thumb sucking retards. Most of which wont be any fun to talk to, if they talk at all.
This effort is going to collapse a week into the game's release

You sound like a dumb piece of shit.