Not sure if you guys have seen it yet, but kamiya recently posted this

Not sure if you guys have seen it yet, but kamiya recently posted this.

tweetsave.com/pg_kamiya/status/951740684209307648
tweetsave.com/pg_kamiya/status/951740737497919488

I hope this isn't the case since the new God of War looks fucking terrible, and besides Capcom will probably try to play it safe with DMC5, especially due to the failures they've been having in recent years. Regardless the fact that Kamiya said that fucking DMC needs a game design revision is troubling, especially since they did that with DmC and it thankfully fell flat on its face. Either way I really hope Capcom doesn't actually take this advice and force Itsuno to make DMC5 something its not.

Other urls found in this thread:

nooooooooooooooo.com/
hooktube.com/watch?v=64gTjdUrDFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Knowing Kamiya, the only reason he’s even suggesting this is because he knows it’ll piss people off.

Yeah, that's probably the case.

or because he wants to monopolize the hack n slash genre

Hopfully this tweet will get so much shit that this idea will die while still in it's drawing board stages.

I wouldn't take what this guy tweets seriously, with that said, he should get shit for this just in case he isn't being ironic.

more like he is floating ideas around to see its reception
You thought that all his games getting QTEs was an organic decision?

Yeah, but even so. It's a terrible idea and it would be nice for him to see the backlash so he gets an idea of what people like and dislike.

Some of the responses don't lead me to believe it'll be that easy.

Maybe he's been hanging out with Kojima too much.

Then again, DMC was originally meant to be an RE game, so maybe he's still hung up about that.

I feel like slight westaboo-ism in nip devs give birth to good or at least interesting games most of the time but after a certain point, if they become too westaboo then they absord everything wrong with western games and western media in general.

I believe he is just shitposting.

Why you upset about this? Either he fails and never attempts do copy the western market dumb shit again or he makes a good, innovative new game. It`s japan, they can`t blame their customers for their failures yet

You know I'm not so hyped for DMC5 anymore.

you will live to see everything you love ruined, fam
unless you decide to follow user's advice and neck yourself

This has to be him trolling like he did with Starfox.

He is way too defensive in the second tweet. The guy just voiced his disagreement politely, there was no earthly need to go full autistic screeching.

Kamiya can’t take criticism, more news at 11

Does he have any influence at Capcom anyway?

Kamiya is like that, no matter what and in what way you talk to him, he'll just screech and block you.

Not only on Nip Devs tho, Nip mango artist also fall by the same rule. See Araki's and Sonoda's works if you don't believe me (which are JoJo and Gunsmith Cats, respectively).

Nigga, he always answers shit like that as if he's a fucking hothead.

I think this is Kamiya trying to fuck with Capcom staff, seeing if they'll actually latch on to this obviously insane idea. Capcom is creatively bankrupt and Kamiya knows this, they can't separate good decisions from the bad ones, and he is checking to see if Capcom is aping his decisions. I refuse to believe the last heroes of traditional but innovative arcade action are even considering that for their own games.

I could go on all damn day about good westaboo things Japan makes.

So close user. I really think he's doing this because his studios bread and butter is making this genre, so if capcom delivers DMC5, then he has a real competitor.

People are taking his tweet too seriously since Kamiya hasn't been affiliated with Capcom in years.
He's always been impressed by God of War's, it's plain to see how Bayonetta was influenced by GoW.

I think the thing is that here in the west we see this cinematic shit all the fucking time, and were sick of it. where in Japan most games have modest budgets and reuse game play ideas and assets out of necessity. I think that's why they enjoy seeing western games like the new GoW or Horizon Zero Dawn, because with those games the devs get the budgets to do what ever they want. we see Cinematic shit all the time but they see anime shit all the time.
Kamiya just likes seeing New things it's likely the reason he almost never involved with making direct sequels to his games.

6/14 games he has worked on are sequels.

He wants to monopolize the hacks market.

I mean he's never a director for a sequel to a franchise he made. He's was involved with Bayo 2 to make sure he was doing it right but he wasn't the director. cause he was making wonderful 101.

*make sure they were doing it right

What about Viewtful Joe 2?

like pottery

To be fair, cinematic western games and cinematic moments in Japanese games are very different.
Western Cinematic games are failed movies with tacked on gameplay that a baby could do.
Japanese games have decent gameplay (usually) with cinematic moments being interesting- or at least so fucking weird or balls off the wall that it's exciting.
Assuming a "cinematic" game by Platinum meant it still had action and an interesting setting, I'd be curious. Fuck Capcom tho.

I can't read this without thinking it to be a rick and Morty pasta

Well I just earned my badge of honor.

I hope you didn't just dox yourself mockndrole

Well that's your own fault for not being more cautious. he's been tweeting for a few hours now that he's going to be blocking anyone with out even reading what they say.

That's the most non-offensive thing I've ever seen said to Kamiya, and yet…

At least anyone who doesn't know what this fag is like now does

So this is what they call a westaboo

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Kamiya. His humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical Twitter design most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Kellams's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Kamiya's twitter truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Kellam's existencial catchphrase "Kill la Kill is sexist shit, pls buy Bayonetta tho.," which itself is a cryptic reference to Trump's Russian epic GamerGate I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Kamiya's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools… how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Bayonetta tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

He's just banning everything, now game sites are writing articles saying DMC5 is going to be like NuGoW.

Working on western IPs is making him woke. I bet he has an open relationship and his meta is called Jamal.

He's not blocking you because of that comment. If you looked at his feed he is currently going full shitposter and blocking everyone

Exactly Kamiya was just spitballing a random idea for a game he can't even work on and everyone on twitter started flipping a shit at him.

What a gay.

That won't stop any articles being made from his tweets for clicks.

He really is a master shitposter. This is like one of those old "post ITT to get banned" threads.

Just send him loli, that shit sooths a man's soul.

Apparently one nuke was not enough

I'm blocked.
Someone else send loli.

Right?
I knew I should have waited a few mins before I sent it, but the temptation to see if he'd actually do it was too great.

Send him traps or shota, piss him off more.

top lel is this better than leftypol vs pol?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
not you kamiya san! not you to
why did you drink the kool-aid? why!?
you were the chosenone
you were suposed to defeat the Jewlywood wanna bes not join them
>>>nooooooooooooooo.com/

>>>>nooooooooooooooo.com/
Nigger are you for real?

Better yet, kill yourself for using twitter.

Fucking twitter apes.

Seems more like butthurt deflection to me

INSTEAD OF THE REGULAR SHITPOSTING ABOUT KAMIYA DID ANYONE SAVE THE TWEET OF HIM CALLING A GUY AUTIST BEFORE IT WAS DELETED??

Don't worry, Twitter is dead in under a month- or will hemorrhage users. hooktube.com/watch?v=64gTjdUrDFQ

Autists do meltdowns, Kamiya does shutdowns.

Inb4 yuri on ice outfit

your worrying too much Itsuno and his team are out getting drunk cuz they know the game is that good.

If it isn't DMC5 at this point there's going to be a shit storm.

It has to be DMC5 Capcom has been putting Dante front and center in every crossover game, and they made DMC4SE and their releaseding the HD collection again. the voice actors are constatly teasing fans instead of just saying no where not working on it.

I'll be honestly shocked if it's not DMC5 since everything is pointing toward it.

Already did…but I'm apparently throttled

I was not ready for this

WOAH DUDE

2hu coined that line first

I highly doubt that.

Either its going to be gay or good.

Really joggins my noggins.

His style seems like someone who's upset but are going full damage control to prevent being called out on his incredibly short tempter. This is a leftist tactic actually, one that shows signs of mental illness at that. What the fuck is Hidecuck doing?!

He probablt proposed the idea to the rest of the team and after that went to twitter for public validation, but instead got a lot of shit for it. Now he's mad that his idea was shit.

What team Kamiya has nothing to do with DMC5 he isn't making it, he no longer works at Capcom.

Let's hope he stops working for platinum as well, he's so past his prime, I'd actually prefer Kojima at this point.

Still, it's most likely his own genuine idea given that he said
Maybe capcom was considering hiring him to make DMC5 and the response to this was supposed to gauge his capacity to make a good game.

Eh he hasn't made a bad game yet. Scalebound looked like it was going to be his first garbage game but we'll never know. So he has my trust until he fucks up.

Itsuno has to be making DMC5 right now, I'm having a really hard time believing he could be working on anything else.
This is just Kamiya saying some random shit. he just doesn't want Devil May Cry to get stale.

Nah, that tweet reeked of the kind of corporate greed we're used to seeing from EA and Ubisoft. It's just retarded trend following and graphic whoring which has killed western AAA games. Also he got severely pissed at the backlash that tweed got and threw a tantrum, its obvious that these were his genuine thoughts on where DMC should go. As for staleness, it was hardly stale before, why would it become stale now? Face it, this is just corporate greed talking about chasing wider audiences, and we all know full well where that road will take the franchise.

It’s bizarre to see people getting worked up about this. Not only does he do some heavy hedging at the beginning, it’s clear that he’s just stating his personal preference for what he’d like to see, which is something a lot of people are glossing over here.

Considering that he was heavily involved in the creation of the series, it likely wouldn’t be interesting for him to see another DMC game in the mold of the ones he worked on, even though most of the fans want that. Also, keep in mind that he is keenly aware of the controlling corporate culture at Capcom and likely wouldn’t like it if the creators of a DMC5 couldn’t put their own spin on the series and instead were forced to imitate the work that he did over a decade ago.

It’s also pretty clear that he admires the God of War series, considering how much games like Bayonetta were inspired by it in some ways. It’s strange seeing people knock or write off the original GoW games as cinematic QTE-fests while lauding Kamiya, because his more recent games have had more QTEs and more intrusive and lengthy cinematics than those earlier God of War games. The new one cuts real nice trailers, although everything else I’ve heard and seen about it looks like a massive step backwards for the series, all to service “narrative” which is a dumb focus for a game.

Can kamiya/capcom NOT fuck something up?

He threw out a random idea on twitter then like he always does blocked people who tweeted at him in a negative way. I don't know why people are reading so much into this?

He's just thro

This is a Phil Phish tier emotional responce to having your thoughts invalidated.

He's the one flipping a shit, user. Don't let his previous history cloud your judgment of what's actually happening here.

Well Kamiya telling tons of people to fuck off and blocking them isn't exactly new. this time it's just been on a slightly larger scale since the articles brought in more people.

Would you expect anything less from Japanese Phil Fish?

this. he's describing the direction DmC went and how it flopped massively

Kamiya didn't have anything to even do with DMC2-4 though, that was all Itsuno you dumbass. And if you paid attention to Dragon's Dogma, it's very evident Itsuno isn't going to make anything that's not reusing DMCs animation assets and MTFramework. DMC5 will probably be 4SE but with more Dante.

He looks more like Dobson though.

Im not sure what you expected from a guy who named his company after Star Platinum.

What did he do with starfox?

Are you kidding me?

it's possible. Unlikely, but possible.

How the fuck did I not notice this?

You know, it doesn't surprise me at all.

This is giving some so Hideo Kojima vibes, of Western cock sucking.
Well i hope this ends up being fucking nothing more than a jump scare.

Have you not played his games? All the oraoraora shit didn't tip you off? Did you even play vanquish?

Kamiya didn't make Vanquish.

Makes sense. If he wasn't blocking anyone I'd ask him about this.

Daily reminder that 'cuck' started being memed after the idea of 'cuckservatives'. Plenty here qualify even if they are not nu-males.

cuck