The announcement of the new Total War got me thinking–Aside from Koei, why do we never see any games set in China...

The announcement of the new Total War got me thinking–Aside from Koei, why do we never see any games set in China? Its a massive and potential market for games. Some bullshit chinkthorian trade laws? And for that matter, why is every game that is set their set in the Three Kingdoms era rather than say, the Mongolian conquest, Ming era, etc?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/oqUzf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

t. ling ping ching chong mao pow wong ting mang

I don't know.

because nobody likes chinamen, chinaman

Because Asians know more about it's history than western countries and China doesn't buy games, they buy micro transactions unless the game is 2 dollars.

I'm sure the chinese have shitty games that never leave their country that are set there.
Because the romance of the three kingdoms and journey to the west are the two most well-known stories from China, other than that most people don't know the country aside from fast food.

What the fuck do you think Communism does to a fucking country? They literally destroy culture and history for personal gain.

They have literal thousands china games being made in china, specially blatant western clones
we just don't know it because the western market is biggot and cares shit about anything else besides their bellybutton (that being america and europe)

and besides japan there really isn't any games paying with setting outside of those core countries, are there?
I bet you never seen a game based on mexico, or south america, or africa, or even pajeet shit

Why aren't there more games set in pre-t*rk Anatolia?

This game used to cause a lot of butthurt to burgers back in the day. Sad that people already forgot all about it.

I know that the chinese communist party not wanting anyone to make games that is even slightly mean to CCP. So a lot of people end up only making stuff about the three kingdoms since the CCP wont chop your dick off for making a game about it.

99% of china games are mobile shit though so you really shouldn't care.

Two guys from the team that made the last good Total War have just made a 4x that takes place in China.

Because china really isn't making games other then shovelware mobileshit right now. As stupid and cancerous SJW's are about """diversity"" in terms of pushing minority characters in games or in jobs; there's a kernel of truth in that if you get a bunch of people from a given culture making shit, they'll draw from their influences and roots. If actual game development takes off in China, you'll see more chinese themed vidya. Same Latin America: If game development gets big in mexico and peru, expect Aztec and Incan vidya respectively.

If SJW's weren't stuck up their own ass, they'd be encouraging that along with diversity of settings and concepts, not just having token black/women/gay characters

Tale of Wuxia is a decent RPG + VN + Spreadsheet simulator. Though I should warn you that the translation is spotty in certain zones, in that they forgot to translate into English, and that you will need a guide in order to know when certain events will happen and what are their requirements, but at least you can get a harem ending.

And the fact a large patch that added a lot of new content isn't translated. Fucking Chinks, and it's even one of the rare games with a harem route.

because you filthy greeks are just as bad
pay debnts

Reminder china just put 1 million chinks into a chinese equivalent of the JIDF and are targeting imageboards and forums to increase pro-china sentiment.
If you have lived with a chink you know why the racism is deserved.

Because communism fucking killed whatever chinese culture and history was left after multiple civil wars, boxer rebellion and the sino Japanese war. Anything left is whatever Western explorers took with them during the way back when days.

So You may as well be writing fiction when it comes to history after the three kingdoms cause It's pretty godamn boring and monotonous. A cycle of coups, corruption and getting our asses kicked by other countries because of said corrupt government and other jewery. Buuut doing that will probably get you arrested the executed next time you visit China.

Ha. good luck with that, even other chinese people hate chinese people.

I understand the negative sentiment about PRC but what about Taiwan? They are also chinese, why don't they make any vidya about china?

They do make some, just not translated. Same for HK.

And again, Koei makes everything.

I thought you chinks were contained to the government approved websites.

lol jewpig

Well there is that expansion to medieval 2 based around the conquest of mexico by the spaniards, also that mount & blade clone based on the caribbean.

Wich game?

Tell us more about china.

I never said it was okay for anyone to do. In fact I'd say it's evidence they're shit and need to compensate.

Why would anyone want to see games with weak yellow monkeys that never won a war against outside forces in their whole history?

Ayo hol' up

China is one of the shittiest settings out there for any video game. Best games are always about the USA or white western Europe, anything else will always be irredeemable shit.

That's not very compelling, since the 4X part of Total War has always been the worst fucking part of the games.

Simple. If you offend the Party, your game gets banned from China. It's become such a lucrative market that no one wants to take that chance, so any game depicting Chinese war takes the safe route of Three Kingdoms which has been done to death and cannot possibly upset Xi Jinping and his pals.

Well it's not much better in this but at least you won't have to pay extra to unlock all the factions.

what a baby

There's a shit load of China "games" on Android and iPhone.

Not only that but general knowledge about China in the west is pretty low. Most people only know about Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee and their food orders.

It's kind of sad, it's a cool ass country, though I wouldn't recommend going to Beijing.

It's going to be a boring fucking game. Ant people have some of the most boring culture and history they might as well be niggers. This game is going to be shotgun 2 but with chinese. It's going to be shit. They should honestly should just move to fantasy or (((remake))) medevil 2.

Dude you have no idea how vast ROTK is, even LOTR is a puddle compared to it, characters and events-wise.

Alright here’s my favorite from the height of the 1st Sino-Japanese war, The battle of the Yellow Sea.
Battle Start!

There is a story about a large caliber shell from one of the ironclad battleships punching through a jap ship’s armored hull and continuing through until it smacked right into a torpedo tube. Only to break apart and expose the concrete plug where the explosives should have been.

I just want me some exploding chairs, death escalators, guillotine elevators and children flying out of cars.

JEWS OF THE FAR EAST!

Fucking love stories of chinese incompetence. They're always so interesting to see the corruption and greed destroy a country from within.

Can you recommend any books on the subject?

I always marvel at the fact that obviously loyal and courageous troops are routinely led to their demise by incompetent fuckwits. You see shit like this throughout Russian and Italian history too.

Chinks love to mod all koei ROTK games to death. Just google "三國志 mod". They also love to share mods with the game itself for some reason.

Doesn't Chinese government actively sabotages foreign NGOs? Also, isn't the "white left" meme in China a thing?

God knows how many years we gonna have to wait for another Total War game set in Europe. It's clear that Creative Assembly wants those sweet chink bucks. They gonna shuffle between releasing some fantasy shit to appease Western normalniggers and semi-historical titles glorying gook history.

Jesus, they are releasing Throne of Britannia this fucking January.

I love when they make one title not settled in Europe, everyone and their mothers bitch.

Addendum: early 2018, neither titles have release date yet.

Throne of Britannia is nothing more than a glorified DLC. It's just an afterthought to get some quick bucks from naive fucks. The Warhammer series and now the Three Kingdoms are were the money is.

Except it's a side game you retarded ass, with actual historical accuracy taken into account, basically eveything the historicalfags ask for in a TW.
Warhammer series is settled in fantasy Europe, and 3 kingdoms is the only TW in China so far compared to the dozen if not more European TW games.

Now go live in russia see the another abyss. There are no perfect places for a living. You better learn to survive in your own kind of hell. What really matters is not what here but what lies beyond death.

Most of the ancient shit for China either got destroyed or has heavily been embellished. I wouldn't mind a Boxer Rebellion fps, but there's the little fact about China never achieving any significant victory over any other country but itself, Korea tops and not even that much.
Any economy based game with a China focus would be a disaster because no one but chinks would buy into it, the average Chink culture stereotype is just about martial arts, weird hairdos and eating dogs.

Warriors of Fate
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms
Jade Empire
Dynasty Warriors
The Legend of Sword and Fairy

that's just a few

Except China did conquer various ancient empires (they ceased to have separate identity and just become a part of China), as well as subjugated Vietnam and Korea.

They are not a weak empire, easily the strongest power in Asia back then.

Yes, they actively fight Israeli/US-infiltration efforts.

Sane annon posting from VPN visitng my dying gandmaw

三國志 is the more accurate non romantasized version and the basis for the novel.

Ok, let me explain. In China historically women tended to have a greater role until the end of the Tang dynasty. Basicly in china if we generalize, there is the north south distinction. A holdover from the Tang dynasty was that women worked the fields alongside men. Now come the Qing and the opium wars and everyone's guyshooked on opium in S. China. So then women do all the work while the guys lounge around. Naturally, this didn't go well and mao was like we should give equal rights so they hold up half the sky. If you go to Hainan Island, the local men do nothing all day while the women do all the work. In northern China women do as much work as the men and proceed to bichslapp them for still not working hard enough. Yeah. White left in China is US SJW, true chinese SJWs will just learn martial arts and kick your ass like that one train molester who got like ten + fractures on his fingers.

I mean the abyss as in the shitty lack of creativity mate. I'd prefer American issues rather than the lack of creativity.

You should rather feel upset about the games being bad AND the fact that they're creatively bankrupt and they're just recycling the same settings and times over and over again. They could make new Total War games with:
etc.

Throne of Britannia is hardly going to be bigger than Fall of the Samurai for Shogun 2. As I said it's just an afterthought. The real focus is on their fantasy titles but unfortunately Total War: Warhammer is fucking shit.

That's not how you spell "the mongols"
Also the problem with any other time period to set a hypothetical Chink Total War game is that they'd appear either too weak compared to the Mongolian hordes or too boring compared to the Romance of the Three Kingdom styled campaigns. I have no doubt in mind that we have lost the history of some proto kangdom that sprouted into mainland China and did some shit of worth all because of Communism.

Didn't work so well for the Boxers.

How is beating the shit out of some nigger-tier savage a SJW trait?

No, you wouldn't. Trust me, anything, and I honestly mean anything is preferable to the Hell on Earth the Western leftists have wrought in their countries. China will still be China in a 100 years, though everyone will die of cancer by age 40, while the West will be an extension of Africa and the Middle East.

Making a game about the 3 kingdoms and Warhammer are not recycling the same setting and again.
What, really now?

Go make these games yourself, because they have jack to do with TW.

The mongols aren't all that strong, considering they lack the staying power and bureaucratic legalism of the chinks, after all, they were beaten and re-conquered by the chinks.

Mongols also failed to conquer Vietnam, unlike the chinks.

Except Fall of the Samurai is a big ass game in itself, if ToB is going to be bigger than FoTS, then it's worthy to be considered as a full game.
Except TW: Warhammer is not shit, it's the best direction TW has taken in years.

It's called Glorious Mission, and it's a first person shooter released by the people's liberation army. They basically wanted a shooter where the chinese were the good guys.

All of these settings have been done before, or been very near Europe.

That is recycling the setting.

And one final note, do you really want a game about African kangdoms?

I mean seriously, a game like that over 3 kingdoms or Warhammer?

Come the fuck on.

Generally there are a couple other reasons I'll explain below.
1) Language is hard. I'm a chinese native speaker who was born in the US but kept up with the Chinese coursework. In the US I did atleast start reading novels like pride and prejudice in like ~4th grade. I have finished all the chinese school work up till high school and I still need to reach for a dictionary a lot due to the fact the average us english speaker needs ~5,000 words to be fluent. The average Chinese needs 10,000+ to read a damn newpaper fluently. No, pinyin is not acceptable because I've got a 12% chance to guess the correct word.
2) Dates are confusing.
The original chinese dating system was the Era name, followed by number of years in the era, and zodiac number in a sexgenacy cycle. Dynasties often changed era names in between reigns (Han, Qin) or only after succession (Qing). Then, in eras like the Five dynasties you have the era names changing AND the mutiple government so sources can be confusing
3) Chinese historical records in classical chinese written by the accounts of a person.
If we look at let us say the US civil war we see a chronological order of battles, listing the commanders. In Chinese ones we would see (generally):
A notation of the battle in general encyclopedia eg; Battle of Changban with all major persons listed
Then let us take for example Liu Bei and Zhao Yun. You'd have to search up their names in the volumes, and go through their entire life story, and then it goes like this.
During battle of Changban, Liu Bei order Zhao yun to retrieve his son.
(blank)
Zhao yun return Liu bei's son on X date.

So that blank is in Zhao Yun's record.
Zhao Yun goes to retrieve Liu Bei's son, Liu Bei's wife dies by suicide to avoid capture. While pursued, Zhao states to Mengde Cao Cao courtesty name Inqury about identity, "I am Zhao Zilong courtesy name of Changshan!"
etc.
Which makes research a pain. Which brings me too…
4) Classical Chinese is hard. Really hard. Almost nobody except a select few have a god damn idea because it's like writing a research paper without citations. You search up the origin of X phrase from Y author who took it from Z author etc…
Let us see for example.
蒼天已死,黃天當立。歲在甲子,天下大吉
Here is what the average person reads: The sky has died, yellow sky shall reign, Age of the Jiazi, prospertiy for all.
Here is what it really means. The current (han) has lost the mandate of heaven, my mandate (Yellow turbans-> Yellow sky) shall begin, in the first year of this reign, prosperity will be granted to all under heaven!
5)Chinese is highly contextual and dependent on the writing.

Let us focus on a simple example a phrase by Guanyu to Cao Cao, "You set your capitals with a pricetag"
Correct translation. You (points to his enemies and not to Cao Cao, in written form er, instead of rou, thus viewing them as immature/childlike) have stuck price tags on your head (in this case shouji-> head shou-> capital) as if selling a common commodity!

There are no guns in China. You can not even buy a crossbow/bow/bb gun anymore without permit approval. You need a fucking equvalent of a passport to buy a kitchen knife, and it is perma registerd to your name. Also, most chinese guys are just shit athletically. I must also mention gener roles in China are kinda reversed in the city To your second question:

I live in america mate. And I live in one of the bluest counties in texas. I STILL prefer us issues because I can shoot them with a gun if I need to.,Wheras in China you'd just get buttfucked by whatever the communist goverment says or you'll dissappear and your relatives all get imprisioned.

Looking for good sim like Romance of three kingdoms, etither look for warring states, Norther/ Southern Dynasties (I'd not recommend this one, very little done on this topic) or five dynasties and ten kindoms period (again, very little on this game wise). see reasons listed

How exacty do you imagine a post line infantry warfare total war game would work?
Not to mention the current model that was made for Rome1 doesn't exactly suit frontline warfare and would have to be completely redesigned.

Might as well just make a colonization era focused total war, but it would have to be more focused on trade and navy rather than on ground battles.

Normalfags won't accept it since it was really just niggers muh dicking each other while selling themselves into slavery to the americas.

Could be good, but it would need a complex dimplomacy system to be good and CA are too incompetent to implement one. Portugal was founded around the same time so it really doesn't warrant to be a separate campaign.

Would need to happen during the reformation. Would again need a complex diplomacy system to be fun, but CA are too incompetent to implement one.

The same thing, considering the Normans were just christian vikings.

I like how that guy's idea is more creativily bankrupt than CA considering
Are ALL covered before.

And these games would be side-game or DLC campaigns at best, not full games.

The african kangdoms is also another terrible idea, jesus fuck, I can't believe anybody would suggest people making a game about that instead of 3 kingdoms, warring states, boxer rebellion over that crap.

ISTANBUL NOT CONSTANTINOPLE

Let me tell you something my sweet summer child. Warhammer is nothing more than a casualized piece of shit. Creative Assembly removed any sort of challenge and complexity to appease the normalnigger audience. Economics has been greatly streamlined. There's far fewer building selections, outside of army-orientated buildings. Tax levels have been reduced to a single tax/no-tax checkbox, and food production/upkeep has been removed entirely. Squalor, food and sanitation basically went the way of the dodo. There isn't really any government structure (no loyalty, no reputation, no in-house fighting, no marriages or children). Formations are gone too. At best some units gain passive charge resistance towards certain other units. There were way too few factions available at the start and of course Creative Assembly expects you to buy the rest like a good little goy like you are. Go back to cuckchan if you thinks that's the direction which Total War series should take.

Except Warhammer is TW trying to make itself like the tabletop (where city building and economy are not a thing), the fact there are buildings at all means CA has already tried it best to follow the TW formulas.

Now this is bad, but it's true to the Warhammer setting and gameplay.
The factions are actually different unlike the average TW where factions are separated into groups with little difference.
No, you go back to cuckchan since I hear they dislike TW: Warhammer there. WaWa brings much focus into TW like the quest, lore, character development, more variety in units, these are all breath of fresh air into the game.

And casualized piece of shit? It's one of the harder TW due to Chaos invasion.

Haha, oh wow. No wonder the chinks can't into war.

So maybe Creative Assembly could stop dick sucking Warhammer fans and let Total War series be it's own thing once again? You know a history inspired game combing turn based strategy with real time tactical combat on a battle map? They smelled easy shekels with fantasy fans after the abortion of a game that Rome 2 was. They knew that fantasy will get them those sweet normalnigger bucks. There is no turning back from that now. After Warhammer is done they will probably try to get a LOTR licence and cash out on that.

Believe it or not… Southern Chinese people in the army get fucking three dishes and a soup because they can't eat the hard tack up north. Fucking hell. If only northern china would get it's head outa it's ass they'd get decent war leaders…You shouldn't underestimate the women though, there are several historical acounts of women leading the men into battle because the general died for some reasons.

There's that shill line again. You realize that it's not really a good excuse for duming down the total war formula. Accept it, they just drank the "wider audience" koolaid.

I dunno, they just release a Rome 2 DLC and will release Throne of Britannia next year, which is going to be super historical game?

Man, TW has been its own thing since 20 year straight, I don't think 3 Warhammer games are gonna kill it.

No, Warhammer was a big risk they take since WHFB is not a popular license, it being popular as it is because it's a good game and it's TW fantasy, a neat concept.

Cut the bullcrap, WHFB is fucking obscure compared to real life history.

In fact, a Medieval 3 TW would be more for more wider audience than something like Warhammer.

So is it hard or not? Take a stance, bitch.

It's garbage like every other TW game. 20 years and they have yet to find a way to make the game challenging without blatant AI cheating or improve the AI, let alone bother to introduce a few mechanics that make blobbing difficult to achieve.

Basically? Yes.
archive.is/oqUzf (tl;dr "In China today, filmmakers talk about something called the "Kung Fu Panda problem." The Kung Fu Panda problem is that a movie about Kung Fu and pandas, two claimed symbols of China, was not made by Chinese film makers. It was made by Americans. In China the filmmakers would never been able to do this.")

It's a fucking strategy game, m8.

Find me one strategy game where AI doesn't cheat.

Communism is, ultimately, still to blame. No matter how much China has opened up economically, they haven't shed Communism off and it's cancerous deleterious effects on society, history, and art still persist – because those are where Communism first takes root.

Goddamn I really hate TW fans for some reasons.

They gunna make 3 games next year for all audience:

- Throne of Britannia: classic historical title for european fags
- Warhammer 3: the last of the series
- 3 kingdoms: new experimental title for someone who dislikes both european setting and warhammer

Yet all still bitch and whine.

Good ones at least hide it better, and the AI can achieve some degree of competence. TW AI is braindead.

Maybe people wouldn't bitch and whine if they actually made a good game instead of assuming that a themepark is all you need. Same fucking shit happened to MMOs.

Pic related, new trailer for Thrones of Britannia.

Except Attila, WaWa1 and WaWa2 are all good games with plenty of following.

I guess you can't just kill all the dissenters.

Fuck off you filthy shill.

Those are all problems that mere settings wouldn't fix.

It's time to stop playing, I guess.

And yeah, I'm grateful that CA does care enough about european history, WHFB and the 3 kingdoms to make games about them.

I mean, they can just make african kangdoms game where they wuz kings.

This is the real problem.

Why don't you fuck off and try that again?

The 3 kingdoms is the safest time period for them to make vidya of
Emperor Chin was a grade A asshole only surpased by glorious god emperor Mao shang tzung
they can't talk about those periods without highlighting how much of ann asshole both of them were and how much of a shit they tiik on the country
not without so much history revisionism than even the most bluepilled ignorant chink would notice something is off

I would like to see a game based on the sotrues of the shaolin temple though
there are plenty of legends surrounding the place.
one of the emperor even burned the whole place down once cus he feared the power of the shaolin or something like that
but chinks can't get anywhere near a modern setting for their vidya stories.
their goverment has shat so much over the country that they can't just hide it so the threaten everyone not to talk about that huge pile of shit

Actually, 3 kingdoms is not confirmed to use the old engine, but we shall see.

And I don't see the problem with R2 campaign map anyway, Attila and Warhammer maps were friggin' beautiful to look at and move around.

Warhammer is insanely popular and has many loyal fans that literally buy anything with warhammer slapped on it. Another historical setting for TW would have been just that, yet another historical TW game. The jump from historical settings to a fantsy one was like CoD4 switching from WW2 to modern times. It brought a breath of fresh air to a stale and dying series that disapponted it's fans with it's previous iterations.

Getting a little touchy-feely there, shill-kun? Let me tell you something. Throwing big numbers at the player is the laziest way to make the game harder imaginable and is only used because the devs are too incompetent to create scenarios where actual difficulty is involved.

pic related.

Almost like CA has been rehashing the same fucking game for 20 years, selling people reskin packs at full price without actually bothering to improve the formula or fix the mechanics.

Oy vey.

If he was smart he wouldn't be stuck shilling a shit game for 2 cents a post.

Warhammer 40K yes, but WHFB, no. WHFB is effectively killed off by Gee Dub and is replaced by another setting, the fact CA manages to get the license is a side-effect.
Except it's a war game.
Most difficulties in war games rely on fighting against numerous enemies and winning, which is precisely the point of TW.

It's just a thematic DLC, user.

People here want a full WE WUZ KANG game.

No, TW has evolved a lot, just that AI are hard to do.

The only person here thirsting for nigger cock is you.

Fine, thy ask for Hooktube, and Hooktube ye shall have.

This is probably gonna be the most historical accurate TW to date, next to Attila.

But user, it is not me that desire WE WUZ KANG: total war.

I actually hope 3 kingdoms is a hybrid game between historical and fantasy mechanics.

I always want some kind of Arthurian total war or Ancient mythology: TW where its historical gameplay but with heroes and monsters, like Age of Mythology.

Not really. No.
The point of these games is to map paint. By focusing the game solely around battles, it becomes very bland, boring and repetitive. CA is dumbing down citiy management, resource management, diplomacy and removes unique mechanics that would spice up the otherwise worn out formula that they have been recycling for 20 years now in order to appeal to a "wider audience" of mouth breathing retards all the while alienating older fans of the series.
Tell me shill-kun, why can't CA add a GOOD diplomacy system to the game? Why can't CA refine city and resource management instead of taking the lazy route of axing those mechanics entirely or dumbing them down to the point that they don't matter anymore?

All of this is without mentioning the ultimate judaism that are their DLC pracices.

It reminds me of the Warhammer launch. Is Mr. Goldberg breathing down your neck that you're in such a hurry?

That is the whole point of war games though, to paint the entire map with your color.
Uh, the historical titles still have those elements, in fact Attila has the most of all, Warhammer doesn't have them because the source elements.
As said, WHFB fans are older than TW fans, being a longer and older franchise, it's hilarious when people say Warhammer fans are "wider audience" when WHFB is niche TT shit.
Attila TW?
Again, Attila TW?

The only games that they skim on base building is Warhammer, because Warhammer focus on battles, and its source material doesn't have much to stand on building and economy.

Not even the worse of the industry.

Are any TW in release right now?

Why would I shill for games still months in release.

You faggots gonna miss Warhammer when CA stops after the 3rd game.

Screencap this.

That's exactly what I said, retard. My point is that map painting by itself is extremely boring without a varitey of added on mechanics to manage. Smashing deathstacks together is entirely pointless unless the player is invested into those deathstacks through the resource and diplomacy systems.

That's a pretty retarded assumption. Warhammer is huge but the decision to dumb down the game didn't come from it being warhammer. It came from the same cancerous corporate suits who only want to make a quick buck and give 0 shits about creative integrity. They simply say "okay how do we make the game more appealing? that's right let's dumb it down so the retards that thought it was too hard will like it!"
This sort of bullshit thinking has led many other francises to their death and it's sad to see TW follow along.

You're going to need to find a better excuse, shill-kun, I'm not buying this line of bullshit.

The last TW that I played was Shogun2, but I doubt that the diplomacy system has gotten any better since then, and it was pretty bad in Shogun. If anything it probably got worse since the "we want the CoD audience" approach is in effect.

It's up there with the likes of paracucks and EA. They honestly might as well just make the game F2P with a cash shop for different factions and campaigns.

Because you're being paid to shill TW here, obviously.

Pretty arrogant of you to say this, shill-kun.

Don't play war games then, or try to get a cultural victory.
It is, even Gee Dub killed it in end time.
I like how you try to imply CA has no creativity when CA has tried their best to invent new stuff (entire new expanded factions) for TW, the stuff that Gee Dub abandoned, but the buildings need to have some source materials to stand on, and there aren't a lot.
So play Attila, dumbass. In Attila, there are trustworthy system, where if you keep killing romans, no barbarians are gonna turn on you and vice versa, or you can kill everyone. Even the Huns can become long term allies until you stand in their way.
Actually play Warhammer too, diplomacy does exist in it, and its confederation option actually works unlike TW where your city states form into a big state.
No, it's not even close, and the different factions and campaigns are big enough and some actually worth the money, like the recent Empire Divided campaign and the Tomb Kings.
Not paid enough for this job, I'd say.
I know of you faggots, contrarian all.

China is still shit and deserves to be destroyed and have the chinese genocided.

Remember to filter and report shills as those, anons. Companies are helpless and desperate. We reached normalfags and now the most incompetent companies are getting hit first on their profit.

It's funny because I'm no shill at all.

CA actually doesn't require shilling since they took risks and have paid off, Warhammer sells millions and 3 Kingdoms will likely do as well.

On the another note, can anyone here actually prove that WHFB, a dead tabletop franchise, is actually hugely popular, and has a wider audience than fucking Total War, a million-seller strategy franchise.

I would like to see how that work.

You're not convincing me. Why do you think people tend to autoresolve so many battles in the game? It's because there are so many battles that it becomes tedious to fight all of them, and they would rather lose a battle they could have won if they fought it manually and quickly go back to managing their empire on the campaign map than sit through one irrelevant, tedious battle after another.

More lame excuses that i'm not going to buy, shill-kun. Your team didn't need source material for the Historical settings, but somehow it needs it for warhammer? When relic made Dawn of war, they didn't need any source material to design the base buildings, why does CA need it then? Simple, lazyness and game design decisions coming from the marketing department that called for the game to be dumbed down for retards "wider audiences".

I haven't seen anything in WarhammerTW that wasn't part of original lore.
No, they really don't. CA's lazyness is obviously showing here, since they didn't bother designing anything on their own that wasn't part of original warhammer lore. Nobody would complain if they added a few original touches to the game where GW's lore team didn't really bother to make anything.

Doesn't really excuse the fact that they sell the game peacemeal on release with core lore factions being locked behind a paywall.

At least you're being paid :^)
Imagine doing this for free.

Please.

Because if the battles auto 90% victory, there is no point in doing it. Manual battles are still nice if you find you can win but the game doesn't let you auto it.
CA invents a shitton of buildings by themselves in Warhammer, the fact they have town options at all is their invention. Relic, on the other hand, scraps base building altogether in the 2nd game, I haven't played the 3rd game.
Norsca.
Yes, yes they fucking did. They design an entire faction that did not exist in original warhammer lore.
They make up entirely new lore and faction just for the TW games, they advance and expand the universe something that Gee Dub hasn't done.
Because Attila is one of the best TW games for historical accuracy and immershun.
It does excuse it because the game wouldn't be released early as it does.
I mean, it's not like everyone is doing a Total War games.
Even the darthmod dude game still lacks the excitement of TW.

Add to this, they sorta fix the Bretonnia faction by adding in foot squires and such as infantry supplementary.

The actual TT bretonnia only have poor peasant and men at arms at infantry, and very lacking at that.

What exactly is a Chinese SJW like any similarities to the stuff that they spout here?

My ideal tw game:

also:

shame it will never happen

Oh and I forgot

Sound boring compared to 3 kingdoms tbh.

WOW, just wow…
They're gonna waste their time with THIS shit.

The irony is that all the things they removed never really worked in the first place because CA's incompetent AI were unable to cope with them.

Imagine how long it would take for the AI turns to end.

Warhammer 40K doesn't work with TW battles, just stop.

its its anything like empire it'll have the river crossing bug where AI flips out and makes a bunch of 1 unit armies at the crossing and then burn up cpu an make every turn take 10 minutes as it makes more 1 unit armies and never figures out how to cross

That would just end up being a fusion of supreme commander and dawn of war

I'll wager China's military is just as shitty, incompetent, and corrupt today as it was back then.

t. Chink
法轮功没有做错事。

Because while SJW's version of "diversity" is useless, there is merit to the claim that if you want games to use certain settings or ideas, that that's more likely too happen if the people making them comes from that culture or has that life expierence.

It's just that SJW's trying to get minorities into lead roles in games doesn't actually change the core setting or concept, and hiring a bunch of blacks or latinos isn't going to make it more likely to get games based on African tribal shit or Aztec stuff because the execs and producers won't want to take a risk on them, first pic related

Exactly this.

You wouldn't even need a colonization focus for a latin american total war: Mesoamerica, and the Andes had actual political states, complex geopolitical relationships, urban cities, and organized armies: You could easily do a total war just based on those native states. You could do a lot of unique and neat mechanical stuff with said political relationships with Human sacrifice, since for a lot of cultures in the region, itt was primarily a facet/extension of how they waged war (almost all aztec sacrifices for instance were prisoners of war, and it was seen as more skillful to capture foes rather then to kill them in battle) and it also served as a diplomatic and political tool in many cases, as can be seen with Flower Wars, which were variously pre-arranged, semi-ritualistic battles meant primarily to get captives by both sides, which could serve to cement political alliances between states, or as the Aztecs used them, too also give their soldiers practice, and as a tool of political intimidation to bully weaker states into particpating to show off their military strength, to farm them for people to sacrifice, or even to act as extended sorts of sieges or wars of attrituion by wearing them down over time with increasingly actually hostile and aggressiive flower wars.

Though for the Andes, this would have to be earlier then when the Spanish showed up since the Inca had conquered basically the entire region. Even for Mesoamerica you'd probably be better off going back 50 or so years before the spanish show up so the Aztec empire iisn't quite as domiant even if there were still plenty of city states, kingdoms, empires, and various unorganized tribes that weren't under their rule at the time of Spanish arrival; second pic related: Anything labelled "imperio" was an empire, "confederacion" being a unions or confederations, anything without a label being either a multi city kingdom or a city state, and only the stuff marked with "territorio" actually being tribal or politically unorganized groups.

The mediveal 2 expansion really doesn't do the region justice: They get props for actually including the Purepecha/Tarascan empire, the Tlaxcalla confederacy/republic, and the Chichimeca tribes instead of just the Aztec and Maya; but it's still only a fractioon of what an actual game wiith the setting could or should do.

Checked.

I don't understand what this is supposed to mean, user

He rotated Mexico so it's now pointing at his dubs.

If it was meant to be that, shouldn't the thinner part of the landmass towards central america proper be pointing up, not north Mexico?

The section in the second image looks like a hand, pointing to the top left, that's why.

Too bad Total War sucks bollocks now.
Also, can't wait for the retarded faggots who equate modern China with Ancient China, as if it has stayed the same since then, and I should not have to explain why that is fucking stupid.

Also, this.

And this. You wouldn't happen to know the films in vid related, would you (besides the military footage, obviously)?

Because chinks are soulless dog eating insectoids who lack empathy.