Games with invented languages

I like seeing games that use invented languages to better immerse the player. Not just cyphers of English, or fake runes, but fully developed languages with depth.

Other urls found in this thread:

halopedia.org/Sangheili_(language)
learnsimlish.blogspot.com/p/simlish-dictionary.html
sims.wikia.com/wiki/Simlish
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where can you learn Latin online?

Vidya conlang and /h8s/ thread?

You'll know once Duolingo never ever gets around to making a course.

Those two charts are fucking awful though.

I learn Latin from my grandmother. Also >>>/latin/

UHCREPSA ETAH Y UHCINOS EVOL

GOIBON UDEN LO

×UMA DELICÍA×

Why?

You again.

Stop wasting your time on shitty artificial languages and go study actual living ones. Like Japanese.

Checked and keked.

I've always had respect for companies that actually go the full length to invent a language for their game, even if it's just like a letter swap or something that's still mildly interesting just kidding by the way fuck you phil fish do you think that just replacing english with block language and writting that shit everywhere saying 'oh fuck me mayte it's a fuckign puzzle you gotta figure it out fuck I'm so smart' hey fuck you you jackhammer cocknotch, the only shit that gets me off madder than that is when my fucking eight year old son posts on the internet and says to me 'hey transdaddy user look at this funny banan I found' little cunt thinks that he's fucking clever for posting a fucking vegatable little retard I'll put some fuckign christian vegetables right up your ass if you keep going on the way you're going now. In short: Go fuck yourself, pic related

Star Citizen

I believe the D'ni from the Myst series is a proper language. They even have their own numeric system and learning it was one of the puzzles in Riven.

You are getting pretty autistic OP. Only, do you hvbe anything to show for making a thread every week about this?

What would you do?

RAMA also had at least one language you had to learn, and a few different base mathematics systems too if I remember correctly.
I think the language was a weird colour-band based one because these octopus aliens communicated by displaying colours across their tentacles or something.

They making languages is only an excuse for not deving the actual game.
Also, the writing system is just a more complicated alphabet with complex symbols, instead of simple ones that would actually happen if a written language was actually natural.

There's this now

Jej

DELICIA

What about this

Apparently bungie wrote an entire language for the Elites in Halo, according to their composer, and I think 343i said they made one when they took over, too; and fans have pieced together a good amount of it:

halopedia.org/Sangheili_(language)

Download Wheelock's latin from libgen.io. Do every exercise. When you've finished that (including readings) DON'T go onto the Wheelock's latin reader, but instead use the latin poetry reader. You'll thank me later.

Gerudo language in breath of the wild.
Damn, Gerudos are like the best part of that game.

…..but their sexism against men is the reason why Link crossdresses………

Isn't Simlish an entire language? Or is it just word replacement?

I know Dead Space has their own cryptograms but don't think it's fully fleshed out.

Seconded on Wheelock's Latin. If you can, buy the workbook as well, so you can pound through those. Do every exercise, do every bit of the readings, and do every chapter in the workbook. Practice your ass off, and hang out in latin chatrooms (like freenode's ##latin, or ##Latinitas if you get strong enough).
Be prepared to take a long time. If you're going to take it seriously, you might want to actually buy a copy of Wheelock's Latin, because it's easier for most people to work through it with a book-in-hand.

panzer dragoon has its own language called Panzerese. It's based off of French, Japanese, Latin and Ancient Greek. It's spoken by characters in all the games with the only mild exception being Saga where after the introductory sequence the entirety of the game's spoken language is Japanese until the ending scenes.

There's even songs in the language.

On this topic, which games feature foreign (or defunct) real languages prominently?
I remember in the Last Express I loved that all the dialogue was in the right languages.

Is this the birth of an epic new meme?

Funny how it's supposed to sound alien to Japanese ears due to the abundance of v-sounds in it but it just doesn't work in the west, especially the dialogue where the Goron tell you how hard it is to pronounce a v.

I don't think it is. At least I don't remember any consistent sounds when I heard the sims talking. That was years ago however.
I remember that you could actually translate the messages written throughout the ship. There's a screen or something in the game that has each symbol in the unitologist cypher translated into a letter.
Then again it's a cypher so it's not what OP is asking for.

It is not full language but it seems to be consistent.
learnsimlish.blogspot.com/p/simlish-dictionary.html
sims.wikia.com/wiki/Simlish

Gravity Rush has a psuedo-language that is a mix between Japanese and French, but the vocals aren't too fleshed out. The writing however is much more detailed and it's possible to translate most of the writings and words you see in game though it's more or less a cypher.