Yume Nikki just released on Steam under Kikiyama's name...

Yume Nikki just released on Steam under Kikiyama's name, and there is an announcement for the 'Next Yume Nikki project' which is on a countdown for 14 days.
Seems to be a newish update at 0.10a now.

store.steampowered.com/app/650700/Yume_Nikki/
promo.kadokawa.co.jp/gamecountdown/

This is the first pulse from Kikiyama in a long time, what do y'all think this will do for the legacy of Yume Nikki?
What will this new project (Kadokawa by the countdown) be?
How long before its given the Undertale treatment?

Also, fan game/surreal game thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kadokawa_Corporation
game-maniax.com/archives/detail/12879
dic.nicovideo.jp/a/ゆめにっき派生
a.safe.moe/dE1WH.zip
forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/beginner-general-beginners-guide-to-rpg-maker-vx-ace.1249/
imgur.com/a/01oQi
archive.is/wOvsE
mangalifewin.takeshobo.co.jp/rensai/madeinabyss/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck off, yume nikki blows

fug

I thought he offed himself.

Wait a second. Yume Nikki is finished? I thought it stuck in unfinished state.

Artform guy, criticizing anime is just as bad as criticizing donald trump here.

We still have hope user. The game doesn't lend well to being streamed, so as long as Game Theory doesn't see it we're fine.

I'm skeptical about this even being Kikiyama really. Developer says it is, and copyright on the countdown site.
But its also under the Kadokawa corporation, which is an actual thing.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kadokawa_Corporation
So I'm not sure how they're involved but its not helping my confidence about it being the real guy.
Not sure how AGM Playism became the publisher either.

Very important habbening! Quickly! I must come up with a decent bait!

"any activity regarded as a medium of imaginative or creative self-expression."

no, it's undoubtedly going to get, as you said, "the undertale treatment", just wait for it.

on the flipside I'm interested in the new project so it's a bittersweet feeling

Why even take these posts seriously?

inb4 you're wrong

I'm poking around, Kadokawa corporation looks like it owns Fromsoft which is mildly interesting. But nothing on the Yume Nikki website has changed, no notice or anything about the steam release or the new version.
At the very least they are going to be involved with the new project. Which probably means it'll be something spring boarding off Yume Nikki for profit.

oh g-d I love this board

Then what would you consider an artform, because in my opinion anything relating to imagination could be considered an artform, so books, movies or shows.
I can agree with you there honestly, there's a lot of shitty cliche anime that only follow a set of guidelines and even more cliches but there are plenty that are imaginative and aren't a giant mass of cliches.
did the guy I'm responding to seriously just get banned not liking anime?

game-maniax.com/archives/detail/12879

Countdown site of "Yume Mei - Dream diary -" is opened. I am concerned about the fluctuating illustration

Article source:

"Countdown site of" YUMENIKKI - DREAM DIARY - "is released on January 10. Illustrations like the one drawn on the background of the countdown figures are shaken.

KADOKAWA released the countdown site of "YUMENIKKI - DREAM DIARY - (Dream Diary - Dream Diary -)" on January 10.
"YUMENIKKI - DREAM DIARY - (Dream Diary - Dream Diary -)"

"YUMENIKKI - DREAM DIARY -" in which the posters posted at the International Exhibition Hall on the Comic Market 93 were talked about. On the published site, you can see that the illustrations like countless figures and dots are shaky.

So it looks like the project's name is Yume Nikki - Dream Diary, a subtitle it didn't have before. Looks like its gonna be a remake or something similar.

I blame halfchan. user"s did promote the game a lot there and by anons I mean reddit. It subtly hit mainstream in 2016. hell even (((cracked))) made article on LSD DREAM EMULATOR

So now you know

did you forget where you are for a second there?

Is nothing sacred to the mainstream?

If you think this game isn't huge streambait, then you are one naive motherfucker.
I GUARANTEE you the normie-weeb crowd will lap this shit up and hold endless fucking streams with retards running in circles and sperging out about their pretentious retarded and wrong interpretations of everything

lol how new are you

I don't even know where I am in real life

I don't think it will be really that popular with normalfags. And it has always been somewhat popular with Tumblr. I'm more concerned with the further development of the game. Maybe Anons from Uboachan know more.

this, sad but too true

This will ride that literature club thing's wave, nothing is sacred

Uboachan is down right now, it seems to have just had a server failure yesterday.

Preemptive suicide because they know of the horrors coming

This is a thread for fan games too.
So have a gif of my shitty starting bit of one that I really need to remake.

That's pretty good.

For some reason I always thought he died after making Yume Nikki. Made playing the game feel more, I don't know what the word is, melancholy?

When it comes to these "1-hit wonder" type of games, the success is sometimes a complete accident. So he might be a genius and come out with a cool game, or he's a retard and it'll be a total piece of shit. AFAIK there's just nothing to go on to say anything either way.

I have a link to a list of fangames, it's in jap though.
dic.nicovideo.jp/a/ゆめにっき派生
Looking good.

Why do the pixels "flutter" like that? I don't like it.

Thanks mate. Been working on some more weird art for it, but thinking of proper worlds has been a bitch due to being a horrible shut in.
Doesn't help someone I know is trying to make a side scrolling shooter with them.

Checked
Its because I don't know how to make gifs.

If you say so. I like these designs though, how do you make them?

Its all pixels, I start out with a square in the center of a good size canvas and the just build out using a handful of rules. I don't always follow them, but usually I try to make it look woven and circuit like but not. Most are symmetrical, barring details or weaving patterns. Like to include eyes too.
Thinking about including secrets more often too. The Eye Tower is the first to have a secret in it, but its just boring text. Got three (Technically 4 but one is doubled) sets of text in there.

How old is your mothers cunt?

the mainstream?

That's some cool displays of mild autism right there.

halfchan became propular after the late 2000"s.
thats why.

I think these patterns should be the maps for each area you're in, somehow. Meaning they're massive and you're deep inside their world. It'd feel more significant and ominous, rather than being some weird patterns on the floor.

Thats probably what I'll do. People always suggest these would make good mazes, maybe that'll make for a good feature. I still haven't figured out how to make looping maps like Yume Nikki has in Unity or Game Maker so giant mazes might help enforce that lost wandering feeling.
Or would wandering giant mazes just get annoying after a while?

Looping maps should just be a setting on the map edit section. What are you using to create the game?
Depends on the person and if you make the maze well.

The game's been on hold since I started learning pixel art, but I used Unity originally.
Considering Game Maker, but I have RPG Maker VX Ace (And have no fucking clue how to work tiles on there)

Has any dev ever responded to game theory and been like "It's a just a spooky or whatever game, those game theory guys are just making shit up."

Fill them with detail, they don't have to look exactly like the map patterns do. Like the patterns are a small country that someone drew an esoteric map of, the levels in them should be more interesting than a bunch of white lines.

Kadokawa owns Enterbrain, the developers of RPGmaker so that's why their copyright is involved. I think AGM might just be localisers publishing international and steam releases of Japanese games, including some RPGmaker games.

Didn't game theory fans sperg out when Scott Cawthorn told them their FnaF theories were wrong?

I was thinking something similar to Hell, corridors to walk through while you can see other points. Some sections apparently unreachable unless you teleport in. Maybe make it so you can pick up maps of one area in another.

I thought he said something along the lines of 'Lol there is no story I just went with his stuff'

Learn how to use RPG Maker, it's much easier. I'm fucking retarded and I figured it out using a few tutorials, there was this one really in-depth one on a pdf I found, that taught me literally everything I needed to know.
Also, the tiles are quite literally select a tile and then press right click. Plus RPG Maker is the best I think at least out there, despite what many may think of it, plenty of decent games have been released thanks to it. eternal Senia was one of them, the guy who made it had coded his own combat system which is another thing I like about the system

I believe the game theory guy himself told Scott he was wrong, he's that fucking arrogant.

You know, this definitely doesn't seem like the worst thing we could get. The original game with better gwahfics is preferable to some half-arsed sequel.

Do you still have the pdf?
And my problem with the tiles was they didn't connect right, I don't know how I'm supposed to place them on the actual sheet to have them placed correctly.

Just in case that next update/remake will turn out to be awful, here's the Steam-rip of the current version: a.safe.moe/dE1WH.zip

You need to use the right tiles for each angle, it's been a while so I can't explain it well. Don't think I have the pdf either, I'll take a look but it's unlikely.

Horriu shittu

No shit he's alive. Yume Nikki popped up on Playism a couple of years back.

Found it forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/beginner-general-beginners-guide-to-rpg-maker-vx-ace.1249/
Click the media fire link.

imgur.com/a/01oQi

Countdown page art, looks like tumblr cancer.

Dunno, seems like your typical anime sketches.

I'm pretty sure Kikiyama gets mistaken for that one guy who made Re:Kinder for "that dude that killed himself after making a RPGMaker horror game".

FUCK GOD DAMN NO EYES ON MADOTSUKI GOD DAMN IT

Thanks mate. Guess I'll have to pick this project back up, I'll be sure to leave progress in the game dev thread.

I don't like it but not because it's tumblr. Hell it doesn't look anything like tumblr. What scares me is that character portraits mean DIALOGUE.

I can't wait for the incoming "I ALWAYS KNEW ABOUT YUME NIKKI" bandwagon that's going to cover the rounds everywhere and make discussing the game impossible for a time

Calling it now: Visual novel based on the manga interpretation.
Riding off the back of that Literature club thing.

Looks really nice. What's the problem?

Human noses.

pls

Looks fine to me, why they would choose to draw a jewish woman is beyond me, however.

Before that tutorial I found it really difficult, afterwards it's really easy apart from scripting, fuck scripting

Trying to be realistic and anime at the same time.

spoiler that shit user

Was it really hard to post them all?

JUST

lewd

Kinda reminds of the artstyle from Zero Escape-series, which also tried to emulate "anime-ish realism".

nothing wrong with a bit of manga style and a dash of realism, so long as it has texture

The only bad one there is the third monstrosity. They do look a bit weird though.

Well she does have Uboa under her skirt.

Everything is wrong.

Looks better than the manga art at least.

I haven't played the game yet but is that actually a thing?Better fucking not be, she's hand holdable

HOW IN THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW WHAT UBOA IS BUT DON'T KNOW WHO PONIKO IS?
For the record: You can go to her house, and muck about it in it. There a 1/40 chance on hitting the lightswitch of her turning into Uboa. Also if it doesn't happen you have to reset it by exiting and re-entering so it's highly unlikely you'd encounter it without knowing about it before hand.
Now go fucking play that shit.

I really hate this meme game with all my heart

You're not even trying.

Uboa is a meme, everyone knows about it because normalfags can't help but spoil that specific part because it's the easiest secret and has gay theory teir shit surrounding it and only it.

(wasted)
read the filename newfag

Takofuusen is my favorite.

you're not even trying, user.

I just googled it, something about some spooky chance thing. I got it downloaded, planning on playing it tonight.

The steam release has glitches, using frog and neon in famicom world and then bringing up the menu causes this to happen.

Worth noting is that the game's version is 0.10a.
In comparison the last version prior was 0.10 that came out in 2007/2008 if I recall correctly.

No theme music in the save menu and only one madotsuki sound when you try to select a disabled effect.

It seems like the files are still in the game, but their names are different.

Jeez, what a fag.

Cash in for the doki doki/undertale crowd.

I love that guy's stuff. Good pantyhose are a blessing.

While not "spooky or whatever game" Salad Finger's creator recently blew out MattPat saying it is just supposed to be a spooky thing with no actual consistent meaning.

You might say Yume Nikki is a Mother rip off, but the publisher definitely isn't trying to make money from a dead fan base.

Missing sounds and music seem to work in the Japanese version, so it seems the English release is just fucking borked.

Reminds me of the episode of South Park "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs." The boys write a book with the intention of it just being incredibly disgusting, but everyone that reads it give it meaning that doesn't exist. The boys get pissed off and explain it's just supposed to be gross, but they tell the boys they are wrong, saying they don't understand, even though they wrote it.

Are you ready?

Katawa Shoujo is also a non-game shit! fucking hipster fugeefaggot need to go back.

You say it like it hasn't always been like that

Not the real deal

Reminds me of 120 Days of Sodom.
It was literally some pervert's creepy sexual fantasies but philosophers treat it as some kind of bold statement.

The creator of Five Nights at Freddy's did that.
No joke, Game Theory's response was to tell him he was wrong.
They told the guy who wrote the fucking game that their theories on the story were correct.

I still haven't played this game, shame that the youtuber cancer will latch on to this before I could.

Are there people who take Matpat seriously after that and the fucking "Sans=Ness" video?

you can do better than that user

THEY'RE GONNA RUIN THINGS I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THEY COULD

is it happening?

Whatever happened to that anime horse thing?

Nothing bad will come of this, mad father came out on steam, and was even a big youtube thing. But like anygame any of those big screamers play it gets popular for maybe 2 months MAX. And then dies off, name one game that is still popular after 6 months that is a niche horror/exploration game that a youtuber has played. Hell people have even forgotten about Amnesia and Slender, and those were what made them the biggest.

I do not foresee normalfags making this the next big thing, for more than a couple weeks if at all. Not to mention I highly doubt they will even SEE it on steam.

Weird game I don't see talked about is Ghosts of Aliens

holy shit this surpasses spoon feeding. This is shoving the entire trough into the cow. Fuck dude, now everyone can say they left at the first exodus with no discrediting.

God damn it user.

Yeah, but if you really did than there are certain information that can be used to out secondaries, like “what triggered the second exodus” or “who is Hotwheels”?

I have only seen anons bring that up one time in discussion.
You just need to lurk to know that one.

Pft

>makes a countdown for disappointment something
meh
Also i bet that nip who made those rad low-res animations are fucking happy that the gods finally listened to his wishes>>14130038

You don't have to be sad really, the atmosphere of the game are more 'alien' instead of sadness. My way of interpreting it is that Mado has finally seen it all and has no more reason to live. Its better to put an end to something rather than let it live in limbo forever.

Where the fuck have you've been? Yume Nikki already had its run in the sub-normalfag parts of the internet. I mean goddamn there's already an imageboard based of the game which is fucking cancer and ded and don't fuckign forget that 2hu was released on Steam with no translations

It's just an ad lad
Then again, there's Kemono Friends
OH SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING

I can’t delete the post, just report me for retardation. I’ll eat a ban for my faggotry.

Is nothing sacred?
Can't some games just keep to their small dedicated audience without someone trying to bring it to hordes of normalfags on steam?

Still a retarded thing to do.

user, we're arguing the same thing I would assume. I was saying this thread is over exaggerating and it being on steam wont do anything.

I dont see how making an Imageboard is an indication of a game going down, people look for a reason to make those to be in power over something. But then soon realize ho retarded that is and it dies due to poor administration, or it being a retarded board Idea.

Thank you.

“Possessing a dark atmosphere, this game allows you to explore the world inside a dream (thus its setting). There is no particular story or purpose. It is simply an exploring game.”

— Translation of KIKIYAMA describing Yume Nikki on their website.

Will people call Yume Nikki an undertale clone?

Just like how people are saying Monster Hunter is like darksouls?
Yes

They're going to ship vomit girl with Frisk. Calling it. 2018 is gearing up to be a wild ride.

Not likely.

Also, this reminds me of the time Kikiyama let some fags make a manga, light novel, and some merch based off YN, but also basically said that it's just their interpretation of what YN was (which was why the manga and LN are kinda different). It's probably more of the same shit. Like all those Touhou games that aren't bullet hell. I don't know anything about Touhou.

its an obvious ripoff.

Well, fuck me sideways. I was baffled enough to see Touhou on Steam, but Yume Nikki is another thing entirely.

If things get worse, .flow will come next

Here comes the shitters.

Of all the games - all the fucking games I can think of, Yume Nikki is the single one for which achievements are the most fitting. For fuck's sake, they proverbially stated that the game has no direct goal right on the store page.

Always had fucked-up text (1st image) when trying to play it on GNU + Linux through Wine. This, however, is not an issue with the Steam version.

gtfo

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

WHY THE FUCK IS YN ON STEAM. HOLY SHIT. THE SECONDARIES WILL BE UNHEARD OF.

AND FUCKING UBOA IS DOWN FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS WTF

I heard it's not fully compatable.

You can say you were a fan before it was cool.

it won't ever be cool though. it being a shitgame and all

YALL READY FOR THE IOS PORT!?!?!?

at least yume 2kki will stay obscure considering how obnoxious it is to get it running

undertale faggots already ruined yume nikki with their autistic "theories" about madotsuki being a transgender rape victim

Yeah nah, that was there since the beginning.

You're lionizing a flaming faggot because you let that faggot fester and evolve into plasma faggot.

The all-new
Yume Nikki
PACHINKO MACHINE!!!!!!!!

I mean, I don't like it when normalfags invade my shit either but it's been more than a decade since the original release and it sure as hell wasn't hard for people to not just take notice of the game but also to get the chance to download it. All you had to do was google it once and one of the first results is a page that leads you to the download link, so I don't know where this "NORMALFAGS LEAVE MY GAME ALONE REEEEEEE" sentiment is coming from. Regarding the countdown, it's good to know that kikiyama is still willing to give his game attention, considering that the latest version was 0.10, maybe he's ready to finish it. Either that or we get absolutely bamboozled in 14 days.

It's gimmick is it never spits out any balls.

Most likely Kikiyama has nothing to do with it. I bet RPG Maker had some shady terms that allowed Kadokawa to take over the copyrights for Yume Nikki and now it will turn into a soulless brand.

It's not that, it's worry over it becoming some huge Undertale-tier thing. I think that's a valid worry, but really I'm just kind of excited to see what the future brings for YN. It being on Steam made me really excited because that's fucking huge for YN, after it just being left as some cult classic drifting around on the internet. Then the announcement made me shit myself because holy FUCK more YN. I hope things will turn out good though; it's possible things could go to shit in terms of game quality but I really want them to turn out good.

Pretty much this. My very initial reaction was of excitement. I'm not saying I'm not wary, but I want to believe it'll be nice. Whatever happens.

Madotsuki's a girl, you faggots.

Except over the years, the dude has signed off on a light novel adaptation, a manga, a bunch of merchandise including two OSTs, a Vocaloid remix album, phone straps, capsule prizes and some other shit I can't remember right now. None of it under Kadokawa.

Fuck you guys. This place is the worst kind of hipster circlejerk on the fucking planet. Imageboards are dead. I'll be on uboachan for this one.

Don't get mad at them, user. They're just soured on how shitty the internet has made everything that was influenced by Yume Nikki.

I don't blame them but Yume Nikki is a very special game. Few other games are able to embody the kind of emotions that game does. Truly an a e s t h e t i c masterpiece.

Holla Forums is currently flooded by a bunch of newfags that scream about how X is shit now that it's on steam and/or the normies are aware of it now. Except that Yume Nikki has been relatively well known on the internet for over a decade now, but never mind that.

Please stay, don't leave me here with these faggots

user, there are, like, five posts actually hating the game and even then it's just (1)s. Everyone else is just worried that now, thanks to the Steam release, we'll see a Game Theory video on Yume Nikki.

Holla Forums is retarded and hates everything. Nothing will please these faggots. You should know this by now.

Here's some YN stuff

It's been 11 years since I learned this and I still get disappointed every time.

Come one m8, even his fans think he stretches logic everywhich way he wants.

Wew

/thread

Although I'm mostly scared just what the "next product" in the line will be, given that the Yume Nikki is a glorified advertising move.
Certainly won't be freeware, that much is sure.

It's newfags. It's always the newfags. Tryhard stupid cunts who go out of their way to prove what insufferable faggots they are by kicking and screaming about everything. And in case you missed it, cuckchan had some drama and we got newfags who have been stewing in the cancerous AIDS vat that place became, so it's twice as bad.

>some drama
Is that the bitcoin miners or do they have something new by now?

Yup. The Bitcoin miners and malware got exposed days before Christmas break was kicking in for most Murricans. The shitposting skyrocketed and the post quality plummeted. Most of them are fucking off now that christmas break is over, but we're going to be stuck with a handful of them it looks like.

That's some spooky art

Does someone here have a Japanese version of the game? I get fucked up encoding when trying to download that LZH archive from the official website.

BEHOLD

Fuck you for posting that.

Wait a minute, those noses…

I never cared enough to play the game, but I've listened to this song for many years.

Post porn.

You can only post that shit so many time before I stop caring.

I assume they're going for the more 'realistic' look but what the actual fuck…

They do it on purpose. They think it's being rebellious or artsy to envision all fictional characters as repulsive, deformed trannies and niggers.

First and last pic I may, but Tumblr art is always ugly.

This ain't bad. Though I generally enjoy most of the content the fandom produces, so it's not terribly surprising for me.

It should be illegal to even think about doing that. These images are gag material

I don't think Yume Nikki will get the Undertale/DDLC following, it doesn't have the meta tweest that made those games so popular. Other than Uboa it doesn't even have any jump scares for youtubers to scream at like in other popular RPGmaker games.

Just don't expect anything good, usually makes for nice surprises when Holla Forums does something right for once.

It's interesting to know that there's something upcoming for yume nikki at least.

Taken to the extreme and down right changes characters to something they're not

The other two are equally repulsive but at least are somewhat like the originals.

Even turning my blood into pure, distilled uranium won't be enough to rid me from this cancer.

It has begun.

Nigger, the "Mado is actually trans/dude/whatever" shit has been perpetrated since 4chan became popular. I remember seeing these, unfortunately, popular theories way back on goddamn uboachan as early as 2010.

I don't suppose bullying the secondaries out is an option? Tumblrspergs are numerous and obnoxious but they're brittle as fuck. They love to dish shit out, but lord knows they can't take it themselves. Remember their little "raid" a while back? Or remember how they gleefully bullied that one Steven tumblrverse fag into an heroing for drawing a character paler than normal, but then as soon as people kept trying to dox them to report them to the authorities they instantly screeched "OH MY GOD YOU GUYS WHAT THE FUCK I'M UNDERAGED THIS IS LITERALLY BULLYING"

I see Jojofags do it sometimes. I see someone spout memes on a comment section somewhere only to have someone who read the mangoes spoil everything for the memer and get replied to with butthurt from other Jojo secondaries.

I can already see the articles on Craptaku and Polygon.

I meant the SJWs on steam calling her nonbinary. I knew about the trans theory already.

Are these people fucking retarded
"Using the same "effect" a second time will cause the character to revert to their original form."
It says they because you have multiple FUCKING FORMS. That or it's trying to push a are you really human sort of thing going on but that's unlikely. Mattfag will no doubt make a 3 part series on why its true I'm sure

The theory was there, but the snowflakes will latch onto her like parasites and try to ruin YN for everyone.

Really?
archive.is/wOvsE

I get that, but Yume Nikki has always had its fair share of mouthbreathing retards. I dunno, I guess it just doesn't surprise me since I've seen her called him, they, ?, and 'her' and whatever else on 4chan and uboachan.

Stop calling niche games this
I am not a fucking cult member just because I happen to like a little-known video game

consider these checked

S T O P

Because of course Polygon and Gorilla Frank have to latch onto it immediately. Because of course the virtue-signalling pieces of shit that are their readership absolutely need to know about it.

Doing my part sir. Be as hostile as humanly possible.

Die a hero or see yourself become the villain.

Good chance its a visual novel

You can repel normalfags by putting up the slightest entry barrier. Having to actually find the download was ours. But now we gotta deal with Undertale's fanbase.

Mate I love it more than family. I don't want to see it raped to hell and back user.

Please don't tell me this is relevant

are trannies even a fucking problem in japan? Last I checked japs don't really give a shit about gender and will fuck anything with a hole.

It wouldn't have happened if you had believed in Jesus.

Why user?

More like rockbottom.

If we believed in a dead kike on a stick Yume Nikki would be banned for witchraft

Nips have a long tradition of cross-dressers through Onnagatas. That is male actors who were selected to play women because actual women don't know how to be feminine enough.

But what if the undertale effect scares people away with enough time and we come full circle into it being left alone again? It sort of happened to undertale, being a huge sensation and then the fandom scared people away enough for the internet to not speak about it all the time. Sure, there's still undertale around, just not as in-your-face as before.

I understand, as I feel the same way. I' not complaining about you.

You can also just open Google, type in "yume nikki" and switch to the "News" tab.

2021 is coming.

crossdressing isn't being a tranny. Trannies want to be women, crossdressers want to look like women.
huge difference.

I feel sorry for you yume nikki fags right now.

I'm legit surprised you haven't gotten banned yet. When I told people shitting up a steam sale recommendation thread that it was fine that they hated steam, but maybe they could just hide the thread instead of shitting it up with their Autism, I ate a 3 day ban for 'attention whoring'

The autists posts stayed up and of course, the thread died swiftly, without any posts of worth being made, just a bunch of people in a purity spiral circlejerk about how much they hate steam.

As to Yume Nikki, I first heard of Undertale here. Holla Forums fucking LOVED that game, like seriously loved the shit out of it. Then it got popular and tumblr got it's hands on it, and suddenly 'We never liked that shit!'. It's honestly insufferable.

(. _ . )

You have a point.

I'm so glad the creator of best fangame decided to kill themselves and their creation will never be tainted by anyone but the userbase.

Nonsense, only thots would be banned. Are. You. A. Thot?

Why bother with suicide? As a developer of an obscure game you shouldn't even exist in the first place. Just drop it on some forum or a message board and enjoy the show.

Thanks. I know how Doomfags felt about NuDoom and I know how much I want to sandy hook Bethesda over Quake Champions, but the worst crime of all that will never be forgiven is Duke Nukem Forever

Yeah I remember that. I played Undertale when it was new and didn't like it to be honest but most of the shit comes form the Tumblr autists.

See, for some people Holla Forums is le sekrit kewl kidz club where things are cool until someone outside happens to like it too, where suddenly that thing was always fucking shit from the very beggining. Fortunately it's not the entirety of Holla Forums, but those retards think that posting here gives them special powers or some retarded shit.

If it's a game get ready to see it get NISA'd

look at and stop being fucking drama queens.

Holla Forums is not one person, and besides a few anons always show up and try to shit up threads. Just ignore them and then report them if they become cancerous

I am still, to this day, shocked that people fell for that. I legitimately cannot believe Holla Forums was (and still is) that stupid.

It's not even that. Check the DoomWorld forums, it's the same as Steam Discussions at this point. And after Ty Halderman passed, /idgames turned from an archive into someone's personal collection that bans uploads based on the filename alone (e.g. TRUMP.WAD).

It was probably made by some faggot upset it won some dumb contest on gamefaqs

It's like a pop song. Undertale was just 'okay', but with a few good hooks. The hype focused on the hooks and pushed it hard. People bought into it. I think that's the best way to look at Undertale. The video game equivalent to a pop song. Not particular offensive, but competent and with strong, if basic, hooks.

It's the perfect example of Holla Forums not being nearly as smart as a whole as they seem to think they are.

Found this in another steam discussion about YN.
The community is gonna get cancer for sure.

I know I should feel bad for all the nikkifags cause if this happened to something gave a shit about I would be furious, but this is just so fucking delicious.

it doesn't even matter. let the trannies and feminists have a dog day with something that has already been enjoyed by all, and 'official 2ki' can bomb to its heart's content.

I mean there's a good chance it won't catch on anyway. I've seen stuff like this fade away quietly before.

Nikkifags have dealt with idiots spouting retarded theories for over a decade. "Madotsuki has a dick" isn't even close to the dumbest shit fans have come up with.

>>>/pone/

toby did

They're a thing in Japan, there's already a legal process to go through to get your gender changed on the family register (equivalent to birth certificate in the US)

Okay, so at this point raiding the comments and throwing shit and spitting in their faces will probably only streisand effect the thing. I wanted to suggest a raid, but it would backfire tremendously. I think our only chance is to hope that this blows over in a couple of weeks.

I would not be surprised if this ended up being the worst vidya news of the year.

I am so fucking mad right now.

The irony is that, unless I'm really misremembering things, Toby himself reviewed Undertale as just an above average, 8/10 quirky indie project, and not worthy of the attention is got. Back before Tumblr found it, I remember it largely being liked for its music, the clever conceit of making the pacifist run interesting through the bullet hell defense, and the competency it managed its few hooks. I was afraid that it was doomed even then, though, since the main character was an androgynous empty vessel (cue the "trans" "ally" virtue signalling Tumblrfags), and there were too many gay characters (One is too many, but cue the rest of the whole LGBTWTFBBQ Tumblrfag army).
I guess I was right, but it's a shame that a competent indie thing got ruined so badly that now, to admit that you liked it is taken as admitting to be a Tumblrfag yourself.

Fuck it, post more disgusting tumblr art I feel like torturing myself.

did anyone ever do this for made in abyss or is that too much for tumblr? I notice tumblr tends to cling to edgy appearing but ultimately very safe things.

Nigger, don't leave us, it's people like you who make this shit actually worthwhile here.

Well there was that whole thing about nanachi's gender.

can't tell if this is a fake.

There are still ""people"" who think nanachi is not a girl, they must be corrected before they turn MiA into a shitfest.

that was just the creator fucking with foreigners.

I played this game a few years back but I never finished it. The file for the original download is on my old broken computer, and the original site I got from is no longer up. Are there any huge changes in this update that I should know about?

its the newest chapter my man, Tukushi-san posted it on twitter.

Well who would have thought.

I'm gonna be real mad if you're just fucking with me.

You fag.

don't click spoilers next time

on his defense and mine this thread was about yume nikki as such i expected spoilers concerning that mostly expecting mado porn though

no you ninny it isn't real.

to be fair I just made up the filename and can't actually read Japanese. I don't know who that character is in the last panel.

no. 44 is the newest chapter
mangalifewin.takeshobo.co.jp/rensai/madeinabyss/

Oh goddamnit, I checked manga sites and his twitter but didn't see it.

its because you're playing it at a 2x scale but the camera moves at a 1:1 pixel scale

Are you a jap or a kike?

白い豚は家に帰る

Trannies are obsessed with their own sexuality and interpret fucking everything through it.
In other words, there is nothing new under the sun.

Checkmate, my mercury-enriched friend.

That was a good design decision.

I heard you guys were in need for some tumblr art of yume nikki?

A little bit more.

You'd have an easier time convincing me madotsuki is transgender by using the ending as an example.

First three are fine, particularly the second one. The rest are varying degrees of cancer.

GOD WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS SHIT HAPPEN? LEAVE MY FUCKING GAMES ALONE DON'T LET THESE DAMN NORMALFAGS FUCK MY SHIT UP

How long till madotsuki become tranny boy being locked inside xis room by xir cruel parents?

Just so you know i can always dig deeper.

WHAT I SEE IS A BUNCH OF FAGS GETTING MAD AT TUMBLR FAGS FOR BEING ARTFAGS.

TIME TO GET MAD FAGS. RIGHT WING ART NEEDS TO HAPPEN TO COUNTERACT THIS.

GET YOUR FAT FUCK ASSES INTO THE /loomis/ BOARD AND GIT GUD.

(checked)

I recall during the height of Undergay's popularity, Toby did a poll asking his fanbase how many of them actually played the game, and it turned down out that half of them didn't even play it, but either watched a Let's Play or read the Wiki. I see these abominations and wonder how many of them actually played through the game and didn't just watch an LP or learn of this game through its batfuck stupid (((theories))) and decided to latch on to it like penis-obsessed parasites.

Do you guys do acid there?

Well, you can thank various Markipliers for streaming/lets playing simple rpg maker games like Ib or Off. Same probably with undergay and madoutsuki.

I'd be more likely to assume Madotsuki was transgender if she spent 70+ hours in Undertale.

post that in the thread
before another user steals it

Well, good luck with dealing with people who believe that Yume Nikki is LGBT+ game about hard life as a nonbinary queer.

This is disgusting to even think about.

Triple retarded.

Post good YN stuff

Don't care enough, but by all means go ahead.

The level of order unnerves me.

Now i think those nosey things are representation of xir's relatives, maybe even mother, who decided to kill them for not accepting xis transgender nonbinary lifestyle. And so xir has inner fears of them, and imagines parents and sisters as crows, since they were just as annoying as them.

You aren't going to wash the stigma of Madotsuki being a nonbinary queer anymore, accept it. This also goes well with inner japanese men desire to be girls, like in every japanese games they make.

THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE ALL THESE
TRANNIES AND FAGGOTS
DESPERATELY TRYING TO ATTACH
THEIR DUMBSHIT THEORIES TO
MADO? FUCK THESE BASTARDS

The only question you have to ask - what's xir's genitalia and did xir overcome or still needs to do a transition operation?

Bunch of mental retarded faggots programmed by Cultural Marxists need to destroy everything. Normalcy, Beauty, and Aesthetics are their enemy.

Why can't things just be things now, why does everything have to become some horrible social construct or camwhore bait or tumblr degeneracy?
My brain still thinks of things like Cave Story being a fun little game made by a single guy that I downloaded as a .zip file from some obscure website but now when I look people are paying $14.99 for it.
And now there's a Yume Nikki remake, no wonder people think it's gonna be the worst thing ever.

Whoever posted this is a saint.

beautiful.

yummi nicki isnt a video game, I like it anyway though

The acquisition and hoarding of shekels and the "deconstruction" of beauty and glory.

Why does everyone always hate on Polygon? They are good, honest people trying to do good honest work. So they made a few mistakes, but that doesn't make them retarded or SJWs. You people call anything you don't like SJWs and it has lost all meaning. I think this Polygon hate is just a bandwagon and you morons love those. This place is just like reddit, always circle-jerking and calling anyone that doesn't agree with them names. You are just like the SJWs you claim to hate. Instead of calling people shitlords, you call them cucks. You hate on anything you don't understand and you're sexist, racist and stupid. Polygon never did anything to anyone and that's why you want to destroy them. Because they're better than you.

Isn't there a 'ugandan knuckles is racist' article up there right now?

What was the point of posting this?

Wealth is considered inherently sinful you foolish idiot. It is evil to be wealthy and, therefore, virtuous to be poor. (The meme of the hard working poor, lazy good-for-nothing, lucky rich).

before anyone asks

this tbh

Its inevitable

Stop hating.

I'm ok with this.

Well I guess it's time to die.

I am not worried about Yume Nikki, I am worried about what it will spawn once it enters the public eye. Just as how Cave Story resulted in Undertale (even the damn title is lifted from Cave Story - it's just a synonym), Yume Nikki will no doubt result in some trashy western indie tire-fire that gets heralded as the second coming of Jesus.

So guys i'm new here and i will play Yume Nikki for the first time.

Yesterday I decided to check other Yume Nikki communities to see their reactions to the Steam release, which obviously led me to r/YumeNikki. All OPs there had the same reaction as Anons in this thread while the replies to these OPs were mostly supporting the normalfags. Decided to check it today and… (see the attachment)

Best thing they could have done to prevent cancer from flooding into your society.

They are run by jews and they make terrible articles and videos.

ugandan ugandan ugandan ugandan ugandan ugandan ugandan ugandan ugandan ugandan ugandan ugandan ugandan ugandan ugandan ugandan

Okay, the ability to spin in chair is really awesome.

Like it was the same with touhou release about undertale ripoff. But in that situation game wasn't even released but some guys already started to shit on it because of "ripping off".
And the "What anime this girl from?" shit left and right.

The best part is that they all loop too. Hopefully this guy stays free of the new wave of secondaries.

shit game, shit thread

Goddamn kikes.

Don't know what is it.

The video is titled "We can not wake up".
Dunno about you but I'm spooked from that alone.

I love these, tried fucking around a bit in gimp to make this one into a wallpaper.
Do you have more you can share?

Woke up today and decided to look at the countdown page. It looks like they've added a picture with a link to this? There's another one as well.

Any games that extensively use loops for music\ambiance other than Yume Nikki and Thief 1 and 2?

This had better be fucking bait

That's b8