[SPOILERS] The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter Ending

What do you think of it? I just played the game and the entire experience was awesome but I really think an ending like 'hehe it was all just in his head!' really weakens the entire story

Tell me

You're new here, aren't you?

Is there a worse name to have than Ethan that isn't some unpronounceable crap?

Oh you'll find out, I'm about to summon it!

Keith

Yeah it was a shit ending, then again it makes the kid attempting horror part make sense.

So tell me OP. how would you have changed the ending?

You know what, i've never talked about the game here because I know Holla Forums would talk shit on it. But yeah it was actually pretty damn cool. I liked the whole Super Natural Noir Detective thing. I hated that it was LOL JUST A STORY.

I'm not OP, but you know what I would have done? Made it some not!Lovecraftian shit. instead of the fire burning down the house because of the candle, I would have preferred this little down to have actually gone insane for some reason. It would have been really fucking neato.

Too bad they didn't do that, what was the other game that they did?

I share your misery, other Ethan

I think I would have preferred it being a real lovecraftian game. That's what I assumed for the most part of it. The family going insane because of the Old One, the magician trying to awake him and the cult in the mines being real and a major part of the story(which I assumed until the end because I was too stupid to solve the puzzle correctly).

you think that's bad?

my name is d'Artagnan
i'm not even french

You could at least pretend to be a musketeer with that name. All I've got is Tom Cruise and the faggot from Heavy Rain.

At least you don't have to share your name with anyone.

You didn't have to share your name with a kids book character because your mom thought fling of the moment cuteness was better than a functional name.

you missed one

How many other games were ruined by terrible "all just a dream" endings? I had a longer list earlier today, but right now the only one I remember is Stories Untold.

Well, they did Painkiller and Bulletstorm under their first studio, but this was their "first" game. They did reveal a new game at the VGAs though, called Witchfire; that one's going back to the frantic arena shooter roots.

>not proud of literally being one in a thousand if not more
You deserve a shitty name like jack, facundo or ethan:^}