So is this the biggest 'emperors new clothes' situation in years?

So is this the biggest 'emperors new clothes' situation in years?
If you didn't know EA filed a patent for 'none invasive background difficulty tweaking' where a game -both single player and online- would tweak numbers dynamically using predictive algorithms to keep the player going instead of hitting a wall. Leading into concepts of unfair matchmaking and lack of player choice.

Its a shitty system in theory, though it could also be used for a dynamic "i want journo mode" or "rip and tear dont let me overtake you" difficulty setting, but the thing that surprised me most was youtubes 'outrage economy' clickbait crowd selling this to people as the new tier of nefarious marketing techniques. As though this kind of shit is not already happening.

The most famous example that leaked was Gears of War. Data showed that if a player lost their first multiplayer match they were substantially more likely to drop the game and never touch it again. So in the sequels developers tweaked the numbers so starting at 0 the lower your number of wins the more damage you did and the less you took till you reached a set baseline that set you to normal parameters. But players didn't know and will scream how "MLG HARDCORE" they are as they play with invisible training wheels.

Its like people actually think stuff like Overwatch, CSGO or Call of Duty aren't doing this right now. Shit i would not be surprised to see Starcraft 2, EVE Online or even Pokemon does this in the background to some capacity.
Or maybe people do know in the back of their mind and that feeds the outrage through denial? we all like to think we have games we are good at. Not competent but have a genuine talent for and this 'pay no attention to the script behind the curtain' idea is like a globe to a flat earther. Its an idea they dont want. A truth they cannot accept in their worldview so lashing out with outrage is the only logical venue for expression to them.

Does anyone actually doubt these systems being the norm to some degree? I mean shit we have all seen that video of the insane Halo 5 aimbot tech in play and do people think its never gone beyond that?

Level with me niggs, do you actually think background, dynamic number tweaking doesn't exist in most pvp games already?

What if it was not GG but BG all along?

I only play multiplayer that doesn't require additional software, either it is steam, origin or uplay. Everything that does require it will be shit no matter how worse it will get. You already being screwed in the asshole by participating in support of their malware drm clients.

So cashews are gamer food?
Did I accidentally turn myself into a pro gamer by eating hardcore food?

I bet you don't have almonds of activation either

Fucking casuls

Matchmaking is, always has, and always will be an inferior way to do online multiplayer.
It has never been good, and it will never be good.
Quite literally anyone old enough to remember Lan parties and manual server browsing could tell you this.

Cashews and other assorted 'gamer food' is a meme perpetuated by large companies and 'pro' gamers to give you more stat bonuses in shitty games like Call of Duty. The best food to eat is the ones Japanese superplayers eat, namely Pocky and beef ramen. Only then will you truly become hardcore.

really activates those almonds and cashews

STRONGER EVERY DAY

If you cant look around your monitor and call your opponent a cheating faggot to their face its just not cricket.

We are talking about games, not going Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

Also as an addendum
Games that lack the ability to choose another master server are shit.
With the exception of MMOs with persistent worlds.

so? mix it with with some dew and your god to go

Spread this to all normalfags and make sure that they see it as the worst thing ever and stop them from giving money to EA.

What a fucking casual console baby.

If you really want to be fukken 1337 you need this secret tech, banned at evo!

Shh, man. Spoiler that shit at least.

I unironically like those snack mixes so much that if I was rich I'd eat them until I weighed 400 kgs.

We all would, to eat them is to be a king of men living a life of 1st world simian excess.

I wish it had existed for Battlefield 3, I dropped that shit way sooner exclusively because I was getting constantly stomped and had basically no chances to actually learn the game

Reminder that the doritos pope was right. Having snack sponsors is a far better alternative than gaming companies, as that causes an incest relationship between the media and the industry. Which obviously forces corruption.

почетник

Battlefield 3 is when battlefield became no different than call of duty.
There's no skill involved, it's who sees who first. The 1/10th of a second TTK ensures that. And then they introduced going prone which actively punishes running and gunning, in a run and gun shooter.
The game drastically changed from "you and your pack of friends run around killing boogeys" to "lay down in a bush clipping through the ground so you can get some killz while completely invisible and unkillable". There's more shit they did to casualize battlefield, but those are the 2 main big things. It's built so that no matter how retarded the player is they're bound to kill someone sooner or later.

fuck off

Hey, man.

Could you please stop formatting your posts like that.

See what I'm talking about?

Y'know, it actually takes less effort to just press the enter key ONCE instead of twice!

It even starts a new line for you, without that redundant spacing.

I don't know if that is the same on the kind of sites you frequent, but that's how it works on here.

Thank you for listening.

Faggot.

Not all of the previous games had it, and it wasn't as overpowered as 3.

Not OP but what he's doing is called formating. It's what keeps the text from looking like this.

So is this the biggest 'emperors new clothes' situation in years? If you didn't know EA filed a patent for 'none invasive background difficulty tweaking' where a game -both single player and online- would tweak numbers dynamically using predictive algorithms to keep the player going instead of hitting a wall. Leading into concepts of unfair matchmaking and lack of player choice. Its a shitty system in theory, though it could also be used for a dynamic "i want journo mode" or "rip and tear dont let me overtake you" difficulty setting, but the thing that surprised me most was youtubes 'outrage economy' clickbait crowd selling this to people as the new tier of nefarious marketing techniques. As though this kind of shit is not already happening. The most famous example that leaked was Gears of War. Data showed that if a player lost their first multiplayer match they were substantially more likely to drop the game and never touch it again. So in the sequels developers tweaked the numbers so starting at 0 the lower your number of wins the more damage you did and the less you took till you reached a set baseline that set you to normal parameters. But players didn't know and will scream how "MLG HARDCORE" they are as they play with invisible training wheels. Its like people actually think stuff like Overwatch, CSGO or Call of Duty aren't doing this right now. Shit i would not be surprised to see Starcraft 2, EVE Online or even Pokemon does this in the background to some capacity. Or maybe people do know in the back of their mind and that feeds the outrage through denial? we all like to think we have games we are good at. Not competent but have a genuine talent for and this 'pay no attention to the script behind the curtain' idea is like a globe to a flat earther. Its an idea they dont want. A truth they cannot accept in their worldview so lashing out with outrage is the only logical venue for expression to them. Does anyone actually doubt these systems being the norm to some degree? I mean shit we have all seen that video of the insane Halo 5 aimbot tech in play and do people think its never gone beyond that? Level with me niggs, do you actually think background, dynamic number tweaking doesn't exist in most pvp games already? What if it was not GG but BG all along?

Thanks, that's much better.

Here's how white man formats text:

So is this the biggest 'emperors new clothes' situation in years? If you didn't know EA filed a patent for 'none invasive background difficulty tweaking' where a game -both single player and online- would tweak numbers dynamically using predictive algorithms to keep the player going instead of hitting a wall. Leading into concepts of unfair matchmaking and lack of player choice.
Its a shitty system in theory, though it could also be used for a dynamic "i want journo mode" or "rip and tear dont let me overtake you" difficulty setting, but the thing that surprised me most was youtubes 'outrage economy' clickbait crowd selling this to people as the new tier of nefarious marketing techniques. As though this kind of shit is not already happening.
The most famous example that leaked was Gears of War. Data showed that if a player lost their first multiplayer match they were substantially more likely to drop the game and never touch it again. So in the sequels developers tweaked the numbers so starting at 0 the lower your number of wins the more damage you did and the less you took till you reached a set baseline that set you to normal parameters. But players didn't know and will scream how "MLG HARDCORE" they are as they play with invisible training wheels.

Its like people actually think stuff like Overwatch, CSGO or Call of Duty aren't doing this right now. Shit i would not be surprised to see Starcraft 2, EVE Online or even Pokemon does this in the background to some capacity.
Or maybe people do know in the back of their mind and that feeds the outrage through denial? we all like to think we have games we are good at. Not competent but have a genuine talent for and this 'pay no attention to the script behind the curtain' idea is like a globe to a flat earther. Its an idea they dont want. A truth they cannot accept in their worldview so lashing out with outrage is the only logical venue for expression to them.
Does anyone actually doubt these systems being the norm to some degree? I mean shit we have all seen that video of the insane Halo 5 aimbot tech in play and do people think its never gone beyond that? Level with me niggs, do you actually think background, dynamic number tweaking doesn't exist in most pvp games already? What if it was not GG but BG all along?

Imagine not knowing how to format without defaulting to reddit-tier shit-spacing.
On top of that, you think the only option other than reddit spacing is to do a wall of text instead of simple paragraphs like a normal person. You know, the way everything was written pre-2007, before cancer like you metastasised and became almost-sentient.
It's like you're begging to be bullied.
Ever opened a book? An actual book? They're these things made of dead trees and squid piss, and for centuries people managed to make legible content without redditspacing for short-term attention-span retards that make up the Mick and Rorty show audience.
So take your high IQ and fuck off.
Cunt.

Next time you are at your office at EA, please make sure to kill yourself and everyone around you. Thanks.

The double-return should be used to separate coherent thoughts from one another, which each paragraph being a self-contained idea It's basically a macro version of the full-stop, or period. What he is doing is basically using a full-stop when a comma or no stop at all is required. Imagine. Someone. Did that. All the. Time.
At most his text requires it ONCE before the third-to-last paragraph because that paragraph changes from exposition to offering the reader a question. This is't fucking kindergarten where a "paragraph" is less than 5 sentences long. And the thing is, you only see this shit on reddit. When I write outside of here I don't even indent like this more than 4 times per 2000 words. When I read a book, depending on the publisher, a double indent may not be used for entire chapters. It does nothing to "make what's written easier to read," and really I think it's just a literary crutch that makes it seem like you've written more than you actually have.

lm

ao

this to be honest.

Are those minced meat croquettes?

I only hope this new outrage train isn't misdirected at dynamically shifting difficulty systems like those present in God Hand or RE4. Maybe I'm just overly paranoid even though they are singleplayer games, but you never know with normalfags.

RE4 had a shifting difficulty system? I played the game through 3 times at least and I never knew that.

He's not reddit spacing you faggot, He's formating correctly. read a fucking book retard.

I wanna eat some ramen (´・ω・`)

Probably the only fun I had with that broken mess of a game.

dobro))))))

Proper grammar and pronounciation are important because if we don't follow them dialects pop up and eventually people can't understand each other, and it also makes old texts unreadable.
If you look up China's history it took a long time for somebody to figure out why old poems didn't rhyme (pronounciation changed), and lots of old english books are unreadable and need to be translated to modern english losing detail and meaning in the proccess simply because the spellings can get too different.

Would you prefer some candy instead?

You are the one reddit-spacing nigger, stop trying to shit up this board too.

Why is reddit programmed so shittily? Why don't they fix it already?

it doesn't outright tell you, but the better you are at the game, the more scarce ammunintion will be. It doesn't handel itself well when you get those sudden difficulty spikes and die in the same area multiple times. It just resets itself when that happens.

fuck that, making your own trailmix based cereal is where it's at.

recipe:
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN HIGH PROTEIN AND AMINO ACID MULTIVITAMIN –CEREAL AND NUTMILK– "GAYEMRFUD"

to make nutmilk

ingredients are just possiblities. You can choose to add or not add any combination of them and make your own custom cereal but it wont be as good if you don't add all this good stuff.
try to get everything raw, and try to get it certified organic or at least non-gmo project verified.
you could also dump a can of pumpkin in this! it's like pumpkin pie cereal!
if you can't find some of the ingredients just do your best. it will still come out tasty. find fair and affordable prices and be careful to not get scammed. if it seems too expensive, don't buy it.

Want to know the secret truth about protein bars?
most protein bars are just as bad, if not worse than the junk food snack bars sold next to the lines at shopping stores. you can actually convert my home made cereal recipe into a cereal protein bar by the way. just add a little peanut butter (only peanuts and maybe a little sea salt. no other ingredients. read the jar before you buy it. you want the real peanut butter) until it sticks together and then and smash it together and press it into bar shapes. "walla."

I am Not a doctor or a nutritionist. Ask your doctor and nutritionist before doing or stopping anything.

image title

THIS

You know to slice text into different sections you can and should use greentext?
Fucking retards.

this bastard is part of a group of goons from reddit and 4chan that raid Holla Forums from time to time in very small raids where they visit multiple different boards in search of proper formatting just to complain about non-existent reddit spacing in a plot to derail conversations and accuse random people from being from reddit just because they formatted their post correctly.

every. fucking. time.

screenshot this post, and repost it every fucking time these goons pop up.

hue hue

It's a very common tactic among goons to run this sort of chaff towards things that used to effectively smoke them out. You see them do the same thing with "cuckchan filenames" despite this place using unicode itself, even during and after the exodus.

That's why I play Arma 3 now. I HATE that shit in CSGO and R6:Siege because you'll always remain shitty and adopt bad playstyles.

pinktext is for the other person so you can both have greentext when backandforthing

yea I notice that

I hope this gives everyone who fell for the reddit spacing meme second thoughts.

Reddit spacing is real, but it's more "mobile spacing." The reply box is small and the text is big enough that I think when people try to format their post to look good on their phone instead of what looks good on a computer, they end up with 1-2 sentences per paragraph. It's a pain having to resize the quick reply box as well, so it can happen on PC too without being an obnoxious redditor. There are plenty of instances of imageboard memes that require redditspacing though, and it is annoying as fuck when newfags or bad actors cry reddit where it doesn't exist. Still, we need to bully people into formatting their posts properly lest we become overrun with reddit and normalfag cancer.

Better learn some reading comprehension, fgts.

So basically, under this new system, the game is just defaulted to easy mode - which they occasionally crank up to Nightmare difficulty in order to get you to buy shit. After which, the difficulty is dropped back down so that it makes you feel the purchase was worthwhile and encourages you to make future purchases. That's some advanced Judaism right there.

I hate that I can play a game, stop for not even a year, come back and literally nothing is the same. Not even offline games are safe from this shit now.

What vidyas?

You can still find solace in the retro games.

Sorry, I love you, but you can't really do that level of formatting on an imageboard.

Surprisingly, yes. Even on Professional which is supposed to keep it maxed out it'll do it to an extent. No surprise then that they used it as the base for God Hand. Apparently Crash Bandicoot does something similar.

Never underestimate the perils of pattern recognition. Case in point, the "reddit spacing" shitter.

WRONG TERMINOLOGY. It's called a Unix timestamp. Which, yeah, Holla Forums used to use before they moved it to just the file's SHA256 hash.

The reply box should be smaller even on a regular computer since A: I don't want to have it overlapping posts I'm referring to, and B: Too wide is bad readability in the first place. Posts should not be spanning the entire screen!

CB only does very minimal tweaks (couple of additional checkpoints, free mask after a certain number of death on a single checkpoint), as do most 5th/6th gen Naughty Dog and Insomniac Game games

I didn't know about this until I saw your post.
Granted this isn't really my style of game, but if I didn't know it was a common practice, a lot of other people probably didn't either.

There should be a game that does this, but backwards. If you get killed by a boss for instance, the boss does 1/4 more damage than he did when you died.

I'm sure it's been done, but it is a good idea.

Greed cannot be controlled or stopped, because greed breeds ambition which breeds power which further cultivates greed. The single greatest predictor for long-term success in life is greed. The second is psychopathy a.k.a. the instinctive understanding that everyone on Earth besides you is a disposable NPC.
I wish I were a greedy psychopath. Life would be so fucking good if I just didn't give a fuck.

Of course that shit's the norm. If it's possible to do and doing it increases profits, then there's absolutely no way it's not a general practice.
You have two options here:
I suppose you could also become a leftist and push for more legislation against things like online gambling or whatever, but every time leftists win they kill 10-20 million people so let's not.

Close would be basically any game where you lose upgrades on death, the extreme example being Gradius.

This is some really shitty mimicry user. You'll never be like a milksnake.

That doesn't make the game harder, it just resets the game back to when it was before you got the powerups.

I think Ninja Gaiden actually does this.

Did you come from a time machine from 2004?

shame that everyone is a plebe these days

In Alien Soldier any lethal hit you receive will turn your HP to 1, and if you get hit when you're at 1 HP, you die for real. So it kind of works like the rings in Sonic where you can keep going for as long as you can get one health pick-up to keep your HP above 1.

Ninja Gaiden Black? Because the NES games don't do that at all.

Reading this thread made me realize we need a new exodus. Just look at all those reddit babies shitting up the thread while ignoring the contents of OP, who for once has an actually interesting topic for discussion. We are obviously either being astroturfed or have been filled to the brim with idiots who do not belong.
Anyway, what OP is describing has been happening for a long time by now with games like God Hand, difficulty scaling along with the player isn't exactly new and can be well implemented, but as he just said, this shit is happening on ONLINE GAMES for no other reason than .
I know for a fact that Dota 2 does this shit forcing a 50% win-ratio. Valve even has a fucking psychologist working with them to guarantee their players will be "as happy as possible with the results", which basically translates into pure deceival. Very soon, video-games will be unrecognizable from nowadays, they barely aren't when compared to 10~20 years ago and the nightmare is only speeding up.

I meant the Xbox ones, yes.

Difficulty scaling could be good for normalfags, because most normalfags are plebs and play games differently from how we do. They want an experience rather than a real challenge. That said, it should always be a declared mechanic with an option to turn it off.
>
You fucking wot?

Reducing your power is making it harder in a sense, it's just not quite the same as enemies becoming bolder at your defeat.

This also happens in God Hand where a single hit will not kill you, it'll just drop you to a sliver of life where the next hit will kill you. There are a few enemies with multi-hits though.

How do you feel about it always on but rewarding the player? Touhou 6 has difficulty scaling that makes the bullets denser and faster if you continue to do well, while dropping sharply on deaths. However less bullets = less grazing = less score potential.

Again, this is what happens when pattern recognition goes out of control, particularly when it's about trivialities.

Who cares about normalfags?

More options is always good, but I also think that having your own skill influence the outcome of the game is interesting as well. Star Fox 64 or Freespace made your missions progress differently depending on how well you performed on one mission, so bad players wouldn't ever see those. Certainly not something that will fit into every game, and certainly something I wouldn't ever want to work the other way around, that is making the game EASIER at any point because the player can't git gud.
Can't ever lurk enough, it seems. Should probably proof-read more often too.

seen this in a game years ago, it adjusted based on how shit you were doing automatically.
it was around 15 years ago.
it was clearly labelled as a feature though, something like 'booster'.
maybe seen it in one other game around the same time too saw another game with similar.

golf has handicap, modern games are for the handicapped, seems fine to me.
stop buying games from EA. stop buying games from any of the cunt publishers that have ruined games for decades.
just stop doing it. no excuse, no favourite game, no "this would be cool if they didn't", just stop buying them. forever.
don't read about them, don't go near them.
drop them completely.
leave them for the retards.

pronunication

Capitalisation needed followed by a full-stop.

There is literally nothing wrong with this.

If the data shows the players will drop the game, then it is in the company's financial interest to keep the players playing. To do otherwise is fraudulent and harmful to investors.

Additionally, why should a player be concerned about the numbers? Game balance is an implementation detail. The only thing a player should care about is Pressing X and Having Fun, which by your "MLG HARDCORE" comment, means you place a higher priority on a game, than to have fun. Why?

Reporting this thread as "non constructive" so a janitor can close it.

fucking faggot, you must be an EA representative.

And you sound like an idiot who can't even refute my points beyond screaming "shill! shill!"

you made no points
you just had a fag attack and said WAHHH IM REPORTING YOU TO MOMMY!!!!!!
instead of fucking off out of the thread because you can't face a discussion.
i doubt you've seen a human face in months or even years, and think your behaviour is normal.

This is the first post in this thread actually talking about the topic.
What the ever loving fuck are you cunts doing?

reported for asking a question.

So you admit that you skimmed the bulk of my post, saw the concluding sentence, and then proceeded to whine about it?

trying to put words into someone's mouth, how jewish of you.
better report my post too, and then claim millions for defamation.
how pathetic, a permanent infant.

Capitalism is evil and has absolutely no morals or ethics behind it. It ruins and destroys everything for profit, but, it's still the best thing we have because the other option is communism, which would be even more destructive.
Their actions is justified only through the lenses of their own system, and if you think being fucked in the ass is OK because they want to increase their own power, then you're no worse than the normalfag cucks I hope you despise too.

Shoo shoo, communist. Even your ID is red.

It's sad that there could be anyone on this site not old enough to remember that.

If having fun was the priority of anyone playing Gears of War, they would be playing something else

Almost the entire western industry. Do you think places like Holla Forums are the ones driving sales of games that break 10 million? Suits love normalfags, because normalfags don't refine their tastes or appreciate the artform, and therefore treat games like disposable experiences, similar to the normalfags who don't give a shit about cinema on a day to day basis, but still go to see ever single new superhero movie with their friends and family.

Like it or not, what normalfags enjoy does directly affect the video games that you wind up getting, unless you're talking about games and studios that deal exclusively in niches that large businesses wouldn't deem financially worth pursuing. The "Games are too expensive to make" idea that you see parroted might be bullshit, but we wouldn't have games at the scale we do now without the profits that come from large companies pandering to normalfags. You can have
But without normalfag profits, you can only pick two. Just kidding, companies will always eventually nix the first two in order to maximize profits anyway.

A side effect of living an ideology where everything is Us Vs. Not Us with an equivalency to Good vs. Evil is not being able to differentiate between immoral and amoral.

Any bi-directional rank system does that though and for most of them it's working as intended. If God Hand's scaling only went upwards to Level Die it'd be pointless to even have that system in place, you may as well be playing on hard. With how it works, sure, you can finish the game spending 90% of the time on level 1 but it feels terrible to do that.

One-way scaling can work well though, my favourite example of that is Tetris TGM3's master difficulty. Like most Tetris games it gets faster as your level increases, however if you clear a level sufficiently fast the speed advances 2 steps instead. Basically the game sees you trying to show off and fights back. Hard. Actually persevering will challenge you the invisible credit roll, and besting that will only get you second-highest grade at best. Only by doing it consistently will you get the holy grail of Grandmaster.

Also related, if you're really slothful, master difficulty kicks you out at level 500 in the most humiliating way possible.

EA has never been about profit, it has always been about the game.
Remember, "if it's in the game, it's in the game".
They've pushed the boundaries of gaming into the 21st century and beyond!
Here at EA, we are constantly bounding over the obstacles and pushing the limits of what gaming can accomplish.
We know what gaming means to you, and just like you, we are gamers too, that's why we make games for gamers, by gamers, and with gamers.
One fine example is Call of Duty: Spring 2018 Edition! We've revolutionised gaming, by making the game YOU want to play. You'll be amazed at the graphics, and the guns of course! Fight offline, or EVEN online!
For only $129.95, 483 DLCS sold separately for twice the price of the game.
Terms and conditions apply.
Multiplayer costs extra.
No guns included in the base package.
Game no playable without an EA account.
EA account priced at $99.95 a month.
Installer sold separately.

Then you are free to accept scams as legitimate businesses. I wish to believe that sophistry such as these would never happen if the average consumer could differentiate bad practices from good, but they are retarded. Everyone dislikes a scammer, but not everyone is able to discern a scam from legitimate business. You are basically encouraging the whole world to become like China.

it's a kike, don't waste your breath

The only thing that makes them "illegitimate" is their difference in values compared to yours. It's like how mudslimes call everything an insult to Allah. If you were a dirtmonkey, you'd feel the same way they do, but you're not.

Which is curious as to why you support the same lines of thinking they do while being hypocritical and accusing me of the same shit you do.

Also, if you can't handle a scammer yourself, then you're saying you need government intervention. Which is the opposite of true capitalism.

Is that brand of gamer food good for my pet gamer?

But where is our promised chan? When will our Holla Forumsolk find a proper home?

You just named the #1 thing bogging down big budget video games. Then again, if it weren't for the investors, they wouldn't be big-budget games

Of course it's my difference in values that defines them as illegitimate, there is no objective way to define what makes or breaks an illegitimate business. Defending your own values is how life works, and EVERYONE does this, not only mudslimes. That's like saying you're a jew just because you breathe and they do it too, the difference between my comparison and yours is that you also happen to be a lot closer to kikes than I am to mudslimes.
Of course I can identify and handle scams myself, it's why I take it as my duty to inform others of kikery instead of waiting for someone else to do it for me.

Searched for Japanese gamer food and I'm not disappointed.

No, it is you who is babby, user

Commit suicide.

I wish I was born in Japan because then my penis size would be considered well above average.

Japanese KitKat make me furious at the kikes in the west for being too lazy to release the flavors here, much less the same kind of variety as seen in other snacks over tehre. Then again, I don’t eat candy anymore, so what do I care.

the cashews are only gamer food when you add caffeine to them like Jonathan Wendel did

Kitkat were invented in my country and were sold nowhere else until nestle bought them and fucked them up. Now we only get 2 other flavors and they treat japan like they are the god of kitkats! NO we are the god of kitkats! and they never used to have shit nestle chocolate either. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

This isn't anything new, it has been done since the days of the arcades even. Every time you lost a fight in Street Fighter 2 or Mortal Kombat vs the AI and had to add in another coin, the AI deliberately got worse in the current stage in how they would block/counter/attack you. It also applied to some shmups and even Metal Slug had you spawn with a Machinegun powerup if you had to continue, and a Heavy Machinegun from MS5 and onwards if you had to continue more than 3 times in the same stage or boss fight.

How the fuck do you newfags not know this shit? There are few games where this doesn't apply outside of single player games and a few genres where it cannot be applied like Strategy games or Arena-based PC FPS.

Does Touhou do this?

I'm almost positive I've heard about at-least one RTS / RTT / TBS that scales waves / missions / encounters based on how you dealt with the previous one

Yes it does, maybe not all of htem but I'm postive EoSD and PCB do that.

Yeah I mentioned it further up actually.

Those two have it documented on Touhouwiki at least. No idea how it works in later games but dying in some of those is extremely punishing to score potential anyway.

In Bayonetta and Devil May Cry if you are at low health you are more likely to get a healing item to drop from breaking background props or from monsters (in the case of Devil May Cry only).

Also where's the source for this.

Do you not know about paragraphs you Double Nigger!?

If you continue in any Touhou game from EoSD and foward, you are given a free yellow F powerup which is basically a Full Power that maxes out your power stat, though this only applies from stage 3 onward which is around the time where you MUST have full power to progress. Every time you die you also lose power but your character tosses some of that lost power onto the field for you to collect.

Paragraphs made by including a linespace are fully correct in digital texts and many e-books are formatted as such. The reason why you do not see it in print is because it would waste way too much paper, but there is no such negative in digital format.

There's a difference between doing something like that in single-player to help the player's progress, and doing it in multiplayer

Do
You?

BREAK ME OFF A PIECE OF THAT TERIYAKI KIT-KAT BAR!

Seriously though, a Yin & Yang Kit Kat with one stick being white chocolate and the other stick being dark chocolate would be a great idea. Probably couldn't sell it to actual asians, but it'd be a good novelty limited run batch elsewhere. That is if they don't fag it up with some diversity message

Confucius Say: Baby conceived in car with automatic transmission, grow up to be shiftless

Confucius also say: Boy who go to bed with sex problem on mind, wake up with solution on hand.

Confucius also say: Man who fishes in another man's pond, often catches crabs.

Confucius also say: Woman who cooks Carrots and Peas in same pot, very unsanitary

Confucius also say: Foolish man climb tree to get cherry, Wise man spread limbs.

those look like those uncased pressed breakfast sausages they sell here in the US

The inside texture looks a lot better than that crap though.

"Capitalism is evil because socialism is bad"

covfefe

They don't play videogames, nor make them. They are a burden. They are the kike that lends money and expect more in exchange. They leave sterile ground where they walk.

they look exactly the same

Kinda like in dark souls 2, in which you get your MAX health reduced when you die.

Single player games have this kind of dynamic difficulty adjustment as well - such as Resident Evil 4. If you die too much in the same part, enemies will be taken out or will die quickly and also leave more ammo/medicine.
If you don't want this to 'casualize' your gameplay, simply hit 'No' at the continue screen and load your game from the last typewriter.
(Yes, it'll throw you further back than just continuing, but that's how it worked in the PS1 games and I find it tolerable. Checkpoints-every-2-steps systems piss me off).

Have AI behaviors be based on a scale, so player deaths increases aggressiveness (An attribute the main loop of the AI checks when it's choosing the next action) but also carelessness. It would require more work though, which is something modern devs are averse to.

People

Who

Type

This

Pure poetry.

No, a game that makes the boss stronger when you die. There are plenty that make the player weaker.

If all you're tweaking are numbers, there's no effective difference between making the boss stronger vs. making the player weaker.

They really do look exactly like crappy frozen breakfast sausages.

The difference is a one-time incidental penalty instead of a permanent penalty. And, not even considering that, the difference is that the enemy gets stronger instead of the player getting weaker. There is a big difference between dropping the cap on the players HP, and bringing up attack, defense, resistance, extc. on a boss. This can make things far more interesting. Especially in a game with optional bosses and unique loot.