PS4 cumulative sales will reach the PS3s lifetime sales this year

archive.is/MMZj8

None of the new gen consoles have more than a handful of games. There's no real reason people here buy them other than consumer whorism.

Really all you would buy this for is Bloodborne, Persona 5 and Yakuza 0/ Yakuza 6 when it comes out in a few months.

hardware is always good to have friend-o
CFW and general hacking and modding can really pull off some amazing things.
That said, I have no idea how the scene is for that on the Xbone and PS4.
Switch is hacked though. Might be worth getting

Isn't there a reasonable amount of weebshit on the thing?

It's just sad to see you know?
Consoles used to be this superpowered dedicated gaming computer with actual plug&play and actual games optimized to the plstform, and are now multi media weaksauce computers with shit tier optimization or exclusives.
And yet somehow they still sell, fucking hell, we're even one step closer to the mobileshit holocaust people were predicting since the Switch is a literal Tegra tablet.

I mean, they're literally selling overclocked consoles and getting away with it.

Highly dependent on the software it has.

There are some good games for the PS4.
Not enough to justify buying a brand-new one, but if you can pick an older model up for less than $150 I'd recommend it.

After seeing how fucked Gen 7 became I promised myself I wouldn't buy console hardaware unless they actually improved on it and it'services.
Instead they got even worse

Which is exactly why you should always buy these things second-hand.
Fuck giving Sony or Microshit money for putting out low-end PCs, boxing them off and marketing them as gaming systems.
The only reason I even have a PS4 is because my friend sold it to me for dirt cheap because he hadn't touched it since 2015.

I went half in with my bro, played Bloodborne for a bit and was disappointed in the frame rate after playing 60fps on other games for over a year and collected a few remasters from the ps3 era I never had played and played them and gave it to my brother and don't expect it back since he plays sports games over and over.

I figure Bloodborne remastered will be a PS5 launch title anyway. It's been a tough decade for console gaming, glad I built my PC to get through it.

The only reason why the PS4 is selling so well is because Xbox fans said FUCK THAT SHIT to microsoft. If microsoft didn't shat the bed at he release of xbone the ps4 wouldn't be getting these sales numbers. But let's be honest here nobody but the linux dweebs care about mircosoft dying.

I know you're shitposting but from what I've heard the PS4P is absolutely not worth it considering how cheap you can get an original PS4 for now.

It wouldn't shock me if the Xbone was doing worse than the Switch.
I've heard absolutely nothing good about the Xbone. At least the PS4 and Switch have some games, the fuck does the Xbone have?

How could anyone this butt ugly believe he’s an aryan?

I don't think the sales have surpassed it yet, but if the sales keep their pace it'll outsell the xbone by 2019 iirc.

LOL

What I don't understand is why anyone is surprised this gen turned out so shit. The development costs and cycles of games last gen were already absurd. They were just going to get infinitely worse if this gen was the same graphical leap as PS2 to PS3. When I saw shit like FFXIII taking all that time to come out only to be a piece of shit or The Last Guardian having to move to the successor system of the one it was announced for, I knew the PS3 and 360's successors would focus more on functionality like streaming, screenshot features, and things like that because the industry was already too bloated to handle more graphical upgrades.

Good, I hope Microshit goes the way of the Dodo.
Not only are they an evil company, but they were only entered the scene at the very tail-end console gaming's golden age. All the other companies like Sega (rip), Sony and Nintendo were around before then, but then Microsoft comes in and heavily pushed "ONLINE PLAY" and all that other cancerous shit that caused the 7th gen to be as bad as it was. They were the pioneers in paid online and locking servers to one platform.
Yeah, the Xbox Hueg had some great games, but that doesn't excuse the damage they did to the industry as a result of its existence.

to be fair despite the ps4/xbone being literal 2012 laptops there haven't been any PC games that look better than what's being done in PS4 exclusives. The high end exclusives like horizon and uncharted 4 still sold very well too, no doubt profiting after their development costs.

I do wish that there were some PC games that took advantage of gtx 1080's but for now it seems like it's just gonna be unoptimized console ports that don't look particularly great any way

I wouldn't mind the xbox as a platform if the xbox division kept its leadership pre-mattrick who pretty much doomed the 360 post 2009, doomed the xbone out of the gate, and drastically shifted away from the exclusive development pattern which made the systems worth owning in the first place.

PC is pure suffering, the "best" game of last year was fucking Pubg, which shows normalfags have officially killed PC. And just last week everyone running Intel CPUs from the past 15 years got raped up the ass with a spiked bat. I have a $2000 build that I use for playing the original Doom, emulators, and Sins of a Solar Empire. What a waste. It's my fault for letting a bonus from work burn a hole in my pocket.

The only reason costs get bloated is because AAA developers push like crazy to have their games look "up to date" and "cinematic" rather than just generally polished overall. It's why turds like ME: Andromeda exist in the same gen as… fuck, I don't know, I can't even think of any current-gen games that look really good. There's always somewhere in the game that looks like fucking trash, because despite shiny cinematics, the games themselves still also look like shit. Meanwhile, games with "outdated" but consistent graphics (PUBG, shitcraft, etc) sell perfectly well anyway.

AAA devs are retarded, and love to burn money.

Fair enough
Problem is finding someone thrustworthy and willing to make a decent price which isn't likely considering I live in the middle of fucking nowhere and I'm certainly not going to mail something like this from Craigslist.
Nah, 200 at most
Small amount regardless

I chuckled

Funny how that works, yet there are still a shitton of faggots fellating the brand when theres nothing to hold on to.
Amazing how people can be turned into cattle with just an entertainmment brand
I wish, they've been nothing but a cancer in everything they touch.

If they keep the momentum
Xbone is stuck at around 32 Mil sales.
Switch sold 10 Mil already in it's first year.
So probably

I'm not surprised at all
Both the PS4 and Xbone were sold at a loss instead of at profit and these companies still barely invest in any software or better hardware, and after seeing how AAA had barely changed it from last gen I knew this shit would be a recipe for failure.
Nearly everything coming to PC a mere year later just emphasized my point.

You better be jesting

No thanks
360 was pure cancer

mostly affected servers iirc, but it's gonna be really interesting to see how things unfold once the market shifts around intel

I think most of Holla Forums's PC gamers do this.

be more careful with your money

haven't seen anything that looks better than them, hzd's lighting in particular is something to really behold, as are the animations of the enemies and particle effects.

How will there be, when almost all games cater to multiplats to get the most sales?

Can we please stop with this no games thing.
There are plenty of EXLCUSIVES for the system that people apparently know nothing about and it's starting to get pretty tiring.
It ain't the fucking best system in the world, shit it barely holds a flame to the PS3.
But it does actually have more than 20 video games that are exclusive to the system that are pretty damn good.

I'm gonna go play Mother Russia Bleeds now

yeah, that's part of the dilemma really. You can have 40 million 1060,1070, and 1080 cards floating around out there but when you make a game that runs at its best with it as the recommended requirement, you're tapping into that 40 million of users who 1. actually play games with the hardware. 2. actually want to play your game. 3. can play your game after the circumstances (ie service availability, etc.) 4. you have to develop the game to take advantage of the power of the hardware which is insanely expensive, 5. you have to be able to make money off of it, and enough money at that or else you end up like crysis 1.

it's a mess and the way I see it is the high end PC market is going to be forever relegated to multiplat releases, ultimately undermining the entire point of one of the biggest bragging points about PC gaming: more powerful hardware. I personally don't have any interest in getting insane hardware to run the same games consoles do, make them look slightly better, get 60fps in some boring shit just to enjoy slightly prettier brick textures.

it's ultimately made that high end graphics market just for consoles because of how unapproachable it's become on PC.

Cuckchan: The Post

No user, what's bloated is the marketing, not the game themselves, that usually takes second stage.

They're both Aasscreed Origins tier, SJW pandering and all.
Complete shit, so much so even a bunch of Frogs with a shoestring budget can beat them.
Holy shit, how fucking new are you, are you fresh from cuckchan?

Where are the proofs?

Except that you don't need that insane hardware to run them better than the console versions, with a midrange being more than enough to run anything better than the console versions and that that shit is either for graphic design, absurd Resolutions or future proofing.

What about the new xbone? I heard it has some new architecture which allows it to be in 4k pretty easily

Running Minecraft at 4K never felt better
Only with Xbox One™

I think at this point the only console to actually have NO games is the Xboner, for everything else it's just empty complaints

Lol

It also has no games. Not even in the meme sense, it has nothing.

feels kind of bad

No

Not that Im complaining, exclusivities are cancer but still

JSRF isn't that amazing

And Sunset Overdrive isn't even good

They already bled their talent and shut down studios for the last two console generations, they absolutely fucked themselves in a corner. Halo or Gears of Wars in a pretty much tight market, top fukcing kek Microsoft.

That's not true

I don't think they've got as much money as you think. Last I talked to people from microsoft they had to downsize massively one of their campuses.

What they basically have done for the past 10 years is hiring way more people than they actually need

Fucksake man.

GODZILLA
DoA Xtreme 3
Samurai Warriors 4 (not 4-2)
Samurai Warriors 4 empires
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires
Dragon Heroes
DragonQuest Builders
Persona 5
Bloodbourne
Digimon World
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Gravity Rush 2
Staik
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Natural Doctrine (but if this isn't exclusive lemme know because I haven't checked, but I've never seen it on any other system than PS4)
I guess we can also include the following shitty games:
Uncharted 4
Uncharted: Lesbians edition

There's others, but that's all I got off the top of my head dude.
But in the next week there is
Dissida NT
Cyber Sleuth Hacker's memory

I like the PS4, and I can honestly say that it's worth having one.

Unlike the switch that has like 5 games, and the only one I care about is Bomberman. If my wife didn't like Splatoon I would have never even bought the system, are there gonna ever be any games for the system worth my purchase?

Side note, I actually don't really like many nintendo franchise. so.

Probably didn't help matters that various outlets were using "it looks like a PS2 game" during seventh gen as a complaint. While there was certainly variable quality of visuals on the PS2, I'd say some of them, especially the later ones, could look quite good stylistically. I'd take a game with a nice visual style that plays well and is fun over one that meets the high end of graphical output but only has that going for it and comes off as more an interactive film than a game. But I suppose the masses are prone to agree with not meeting top of the line visual output as a complaint, thus companies keep pumping money into visual output.

To be honest, there's a few PS4 games I've been curious about as to opinion on them from anons that have played them, but I've never seen them actually get brought up, and PS4 threads are usually prone to being negative/"nogaems" anyhow (though it's not like the system, or even this entire generation of consoles, hasn't had issues to warrant such for the last three-going-on-four years). Only PS4 games I really see get active, favorable discussion on Holla Forums have been the likes of Bloodborne, Gravity Rush, and Yakuza 0.

Such as what games? Maybe I can give you a hand? I've playe da hell of a lot of games for the system

oh right
Onchebara Z
Highschool Zombie Girls
Gundam Breaker

More will come to me.

Yes it is
Yeah, they have even more and then some plus Bill Gates and the Governmment backing them up if anything goes haywire.

You said good
There's mostly shit on that list and more than half of it isn't exclusive.

Because there's literally nothing else user.

It is actually amazing they thought indies will be system sellers. What is even more amazing is they forced you to not release your game on PC if you wanted to release it on Xbone.
Not only they wanted shit games as system sellers, they also failed to get any as everyone preferred to publish their shit on PC and not get their title locked to one system.

What isn't exclusive?
And "good" is a matter of opinion. So I'm not even going to argue you on that one since it would be a subjective argument.

So what on my list isn't Exclusive?

Well, Dark Rose Valkyrie for one. I know general opinion elsewhere seems to be that it's hit or miss, but I've never seen it brought up here, and checking one of the sites I used to like, they haven't bothered with giving it any post release opinion despite being out for over half a year (in the west anyhow) at this point. Not so much that I've been interested in buying it (I don't have a PS4 at this point in time), just that I noticed its existence a while back and went "what is this? I've not seen any discussion of it on Holla Forums."

Dynasty Warriors 8 isn't exclusive, so I'll remove that one.

The rest should be exclusive.

Oh, that game, yeah it's alright, ain't much to it basic japanese RPG tropes and what have you, so if you like that then you won't be wrong in getting it.

Battle system was kind of neat. Just look for a longplay of the game on youtube that way you get no annoying people talking while you watch

That's 3 more worthwhile games than the xboner and equal amount with the switch. In the end it comes down to personal preference. Do you want mature games for mature gamers or nintenyearold kiddie shit?

None of the above are exclusive
Exclusive
Both are not exclusive
Not exclusive
It's exclusive, but now you're really stretching it by adding VR games
Exclusive, with a PS3 version in Japan
Not exclusive

Cyber Sluts is not exclusive
Not exclusive
Exclusive

Hello Reddit

It's already shit

Eventually, I would hope. Little sense in getting a system when there's not enough to personally warrant a purchase, especially if it's still in the phase of being new where beyond the initial launch it's mostly the "promise" of more games to come. This is just me personally, but I don't have a lot of faith in NoA to not fuck around with shit, and haven't gotten any Nintendo systems since a Wii and DS Lite (the latter being the only one I bought new, and even then it was on clearance), so I don't anticipate getting a Switch myself at this point, unless there gets to be enough games I'm interested in that haven't been botched for a western release. And while I suppose the best answer would be to just learn moon, some companies have been pre-emptively taking western sensibilities into account even for their own native Japanese releases, which doesn't help matters.

I see, thanks for the information.

Pretty sure Gravity Rush 2 is exclusive; you might be thinking of Gravity Rush: Remastered, which was a Vita title originally. Just saying.

You're a bit of a dummy aren't you.
I'm shocked that most of those are actually on the Vita though.
Good info.

Ah well, it's a system and is has games that I like on it so I'm pleased with it.

I love you user, please have a great night

I want you to fuckoff back to >>>/cuckchan/ honestly

Thanks for the heads up
Though I already knew that as they're even cutting down dusty token online support which wouldn't be a problem on the Vita.

Got distracted I guess

I don't play Musou or list it as good exclusives worth buying a console for, so no.
Whatever makes you happy, the system you like is still shit tough and so is the company behind it, especially considering past standarts.
Y-you too
Please have a great night
I will if you bend over

That's because all of 8th Gen consoles were all released with already outdated hardware and the details of the model become increasingly hard to notice.
Slight lighting changes and maybe some new particles is all you're going to get.

This is a fucking horrible example. Just throwing more polygons on a model doesn't magically make it more detailed.

The image you used is a bad example.
All he did is up the polygon count, which of course doesn't make the model look better from 6k to 60k.

Maybe you're the one who should go back to >>>/4cuck/, newfriend?

It's a fantastic example of what you shouldn't do and what is being done right now anyway.

Is this…loss?

Fuck you, OP.

Don't rely to Cucked Era soyboys.
They are already trying (and failing) to shill for Sony's corporate dick.
Hardware is only good when the software is also good and plentiful.
The PS4 and X Bone have no games and the Switch is a handheld for scamming retards with almost none of Nintendo's former quality.
Don't ever waste your money on consoles with the current state of the industry.
And even if yo are going to buy for PC, buy it second hand, for cheap.

What did he mean by this?

Fucking gay.

No, because nowadays with integrated being enough nvidia/amd gpus are built solely for the most brain damaged market there is and they're made to die within 3 to 5 years. If you don't buy new you have to rely on the person who previously owned it not being a miner or a retard, and chances are they didn't only have the card for 2 months. When you buy a gpu used it's going to die within a year or 2 tops.
CPUs are a whole different beast though, if they had failure rates as astronomical as the GPUs nowadays ARM would mop up x86 overnight.

Try and scale an ARM chip beyond the current maximum of 8 single precision instructions per cycle to x86-64s maximum offerings of 32 SP IPC

Oh wait, you'd just end up with a processor with identical thermal scaling issues and that's why ARM refuses to heavily pipeline their architecture because they're too comfortable being the cheapo low-cost solution. ARM is a meme and I can't stand people taking it seriously

No one cares about PS4 now, everyone who wanted it has one

persona and yakuza are "weebshit" but still are popular on the console, persona saw a strange surge in popularity that hasn't been seen since the release of the first game on the psx
why did this niche game go mainstream?
nogames

Shit, maybe weebs really have been boycotting shitty translations this whole time.

This was never the case

Except it was when Home Computers were the standart.

Not yet anyway

A cuckchan console war thread.

Except people are actually engaging in non cancerous dicsussion despite my jab at the PS4, because G'd forbid we talk about the current state of the industry or give our opinions about a platform like we used to back in 2014.
Having 1000 threads about fellating the Switch sales is totally ok and kosher though.

Nope.

It has even less games than the PS4

Plenty of weebshit in my games collection for PS4. I project I'll have 150 games when this gen is done.

Ofcourse I'm not your average gamer, nor would I want to be.

SONY ALWAYS WIN BABY

Yes, a tenth cheaper as well

same, I think if you're a western cuck you'll be suffering for more than just this generation but more to come - but if you enjoy and recognize the superiority of Japanese games you'll be granted infinite smug.

consoles were a noted leap of the capability of home computers and PCs even up to the 7th gen, every generation it was catch up time for PCs/HCs

Maybe if you only own a console

No, even if you only own a pc, comiket and console ports are the best thing you get these days

Maybe from Japanese devs
Still plenty of good PC games made by Western devs

sure, there's some in some more niche genres than even Japanese games

literally lmfao at your lives. Must be shitty being a poorfag/15yrs.

Stopped reading there.

Come on, guys, don't tell me you forgot about the best PS4 game.

The absolute state of consolefags this generation.

vid unrelated

doesn't it have a cash shop? It's why I won't play it

Funny thing is that DOS2 sold half of Bloodbornes lifetime sales already with barely any shilling.

You fit in like a sore thumb
>>>/cuckchan/

F2P Souls
Nah

Nice spacing

Cheaper sure but the only one doing the catchup were consoles themselves.
They couldn't even run Doom at full speed with all the features up until PS2 and that is with a version that had levels which were redesigned to reduce load on consoles. The NES was released back in 1985 and there were C64 titles which looked better than anything on the NES.

Most interesting stat:
Not just PS4 PSN Plus, all PSN Plus accounts across the whole Playstation ecosystem including PS3 and Vita, so it's not just under half of PS4s that care about multiplayer, it's probably closer to just a third.
So, next time someone tries to tell you SP games are dead, you know which stats to throw into that cunts face.

It does, but the game is easy to beat without paying a cent.

Jealousy is is another form of flattery.

yeah you'll fit right in with cuckchan

Exactly, when sony stated that PS4 wasn't going to lock its disc based games on a single unit, wasn't going to turn itself off if you had no connection, and wasn't going to spy you with its camera people started praising and worshipping sony for what should be the norm, and despite the console being not so good and the lack of games, PS4 is selling like hot cakes for that reason alone.
video related

More games than the switch, desu.

You really stick out like a sore thumb
>>>/cuckchan/

Fuck off, that Godzilla game was terrible and is not worth listing as an exclusive. Good Godzilla games died with Pipeworks

there's a little more to it, but things could have been a lot worse had sony went along with it.

This is Super Mario Bros. on a PC.

PC games were always shit, with only a handful that were worth playing. It was essentially the domain of europoors in shit countries that never got real video games released there, and kids whose parents didn't love them enough to buy them real video games. But go ahead and keep telling yourself Jazz Jackrabbit and Commander Keen are as good as Sonic and Mega Man.

Reminder that Ultima and Wizardry are the only reason the JRPGs you fellate even ecist

PS4's game library and variety is a joke, probably the WORST on a Playstation console, and honestly a would go as far as calling it sony's worst console ever.
I don't even have a switch, but i do have a PS4 that is now collecting dust.

Ultima 7 is insanely good outside of the inventory.

What else can you expect from Nintentards who think NES was cutting edge.

I don't want to make a new thread.
I found this for CA$300.. is it worth it?