Pre-Crash SEGA Thread

What games are you playing on your SEGA systems, Holla Forums?

Thinking about starting either Popful Mail or Monster World 3 next, myself.

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23436
seganerds.com/2016/03/09/interview-tom-kalinske-at-the-new-york-toy-fair/
archive.is/vfUKK
archive.is/MXf8h
archive.is/LBR3e
archive.is/PCgPh
web.archive.org/web/20100121065927/http://www.lunar-net.com:80/interviews/vic1.php
forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=32911&st=15&p=785891&#entry785891
youtu.be/yMhji8TDYaI?t=17m32s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i dont know why i even pretend to play video games.
the only game i play, the only one ive ever played, fantasy zone has had a firm grasp on my life for nearly 2.5 decades now.

i come on Holla Forums every day, i watch gaming channels on youtube, i buy an expensive gaming computer, and i even buy other games.

but i legitimately only play fantasy zone.
my backlog is longer than a hundred navy seals copy pastas, and i'm trapped. I'm in a cute, bullet-filled, hell. and my brain won't let me leave.

The sega ages remaster is just so great, i emulate it every day in 4k, the cuteness is enhanced by the low-poly models being rendered in HD, and I can use any controller I want. I also like playing the 3d rerelease on 3DS, I love seeing the game in 3d like that, it just looks so cool when there's a lot of projectiles on screen. Opa-Opa is my character choice in sonic and sega: all stars racing (which is the only exception to my previous statement about only playing fantasy zone), and I refuse to even touch the sequel becuae they removed Opa-Opa.

My greatest aspiration in life is to someday utilize astral projection to travel to plaleaf, where I will finally be at peace. I will only ever leave my out-of-body state to work, exercise, and eat. I will listen to dreaming tomorrow, prome, and OPA-OPA! [plaleaf] through my astral state in its original state without the limitations of outdated technology distorting what the music actually sounds like, in the flesh. This is my only escape from this purgatory in which i currently live, and someday I will finally be where I belong.

Assuming this isn't a pasta or well thought out shitpost, at least you have great taste.

I was just kidding!!!! just being silly!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
thank you!

fantasy zone is fun and it is my favorite video game, and i play it every day, i don't actually want to travel to plaleaf! it was only supposed to be funny, i would never think that because I dont need to go to psycologist!

Fellate a gun.

I have never played a Sega console as a kid and after seeing the light that Sega's games minus Sonic are superior in every way what are some hidden gems on the CD and Saturn.

Holy shit shut the fuck up you nigger.

I have to swing by the post office tomorrow to pick up my new action replay for my saturn, gave the last one I had away. I just hope it's compatible.

I'll be playing plenty of Sega Saturn soon again, I think I'll start up Radiant Silvergun as soon as it arrives.

Were you under the impression that was a request?

quit being mad kid

>>>/suicide/

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/somethingawful/
>>>/facebook/

Like poettery.

I really liked the Megadrive Fantasy Zone, could 1cc it in around 5 minutes. Thanks for reminding me that I need to still try the M2 remake of the second game also.

play the cotton games, start with cotton 2 magical night dreams and then play cotton boomerang. then play twinkle star sprites and then magic knight rayearth with the undub, and then play the panzer dragoon trilogy on the saturn, assault suit leynos 2, and guardian heroes

this should get you started off good

If you're thinking about Popful Mail, consider the Unworked Designs patch for gameplay parameter restoration.
romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23436

sorry metal jesus

TSS is best on DC because no loading times and an option to remove all slowdown.

I never can get over how that guys head looks like a thumb with a wig.

Did any system besides the SMS have built in games? I don't mean those ones with a bunch of ROMs stuffed in them.

I'm playing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. While I have modded my Saturn, and have a Mega Everdrive, I can play everything made for every Sega system except the Game Gear and the Pico, without paying a cent. Crippled by unlimited choice, I guess.

To the best of my knowledge, no? Researching this is a pain in the ass, as the search results are cluttered with ads these days, and subtracting the false positives winnows the results down to irrelevant bullshit.

ALIEN MOTHERFUCKING SOLDIER

I ran into the same problem, may just have to manually go over a list of consoles.

This is why I've gone legit. Amassing decades worth of games on bitamer and BlackCats has spoiled me beyond repair. I've probably left 99% of the games I downloaded unplayed.

Bonanza Bros, Alien Soldier, Golden Axe trilogy, Streets of Rage trilogy, Alien Storm, Toejam & Earl, E-Swat, Mega Drive's Shinobi Trilogy, Monster World 3 and 4, Phantasy Star 2 and 4.
You can have whole months of playing just the Mega Drive games, and start all over again and still have fun.

I still have a goodly amount of Genesis, Master System, Dreamcast, and Saturn games. Hell, I have a stack of boxed Pico titles and a couple loose ones, but as I am not four years old, they don't entertain me. Well, nothing entertains me. That may be the bigger problem, but I digress. I don't have an N64 Everdrive, but I still don't play it. I barely touch my SNES games, though my Super Everdrive should arrive in a few days. I think that I would have to lose Internet access for a prolonged period to bother playing games.

yeah but 480i looks like cock

What's the best classic Sanic game?

Both good games. If you play popful make sure you apply the un-working designs patch.

t. Victor Ireland
Nice repeating digits

3&K, also has the best music

>>>/cuck/

Anything with Knuckles in the title.

I will never not tired of Super Hang-on

kys nigger

Step it up nigger

They aren't limited to just Sega consoles, but I've been working my way through Treasure's library. Playing Dynamite Headdy right now, gonna hit Alien Soldier and Guardian Heroes next. Also gotta get back to Radiant Silvergun since I loved what I played of it but didn't finish it the first go.

Chaotix is fun though

What are some good saturn games?
Has Princess Crown been translated?

Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2, Last Bronx, Fighters Megamix, Guardian Heroes, Radiant Silvergun, Magic Knights Reyearth, Shining Force III.

B U L K S L A S H

It's really sad how chaotix could be the best 2P experience in a Sonic game but instead they filled entire levels with almost nothing.

What would people suggest picking up for 32x? Saw one for a decent price but decided not to grab it because I couldn't think of anything to actually play

Star Wars Arcade and Knuckles' Chaotix, it truly was a piece of shit that was half of why Sega died.

Virtua Fighter, Black Thorn, and Zaxxon's Mother Base 3D

Nigger no, the 32X is janky as shit.

Sega and niggers don't mix.

Miracle Warriors - SMS
Golvellius - SMS
Phantasy Star - SMS
Wonder Boy 2 & 3 - SMS
Spellcaster - SMS
Lord of the Sword - SMS

I fire up this bad boy from time to time.

Do you have the fm chip?

I wish I did. I have it on my list of things to do when I get around to replacing all my SRAM carts' batteries.

I'm getting a power base one
Also is Area 51 for saturn the actual arcade game?

Not pre crash but playing sands of destruction, i like how sega cares for 60 fps on consoles, my eyes are pleased.

Sega only published it.

oh, wellā€¦.Eyes still comfy, it's ok

Why couldn't the library be stronger. I want to waste money on this.

Just fucking buy it.

Retard alert.

But it is? what do you use that works so well?

GUNSTAR HEROES NIGGERS

sure sounds familiar

Demul you stupid fucking niggers.

Also pirated Dreamcast games on CD featured removed or downgraded assets. You need to get 99min Toshiba CDRs and those are in short supply.

demul has issues too. soul reaver comes to mind

How is Zillion?

Excellent taste.

What autism is this?

Soul Reaver's problem is what, the fucking health spiral on the screen? It's still playable.

Most if not all the big Dreamcast games have been ported elsewhere. What remains unported is being kept as a spare to rerelease on a rainy day, lost source code and thus too difficult to recover, or not that well known in the first place.
You'd probably need to have significant nostalgia, technical or historical interest to buy one at this point. The plus side is that if you finally go for it, it won't feel like wasted money (to you at least)

Why do SEGA fuck everything good up?

I was playing popful mail not too long ago, that game is stupidly unbalanced, almost like it's a romhack. Like, early on there's a group of basic bitch enemies that can fucking wreck you in an instant because they all have boss tier stats

Anyways i've been trying to get master system games running on my genesis. They're dirt cheap to buy for retro games, save for the actual console, but for some reason the controls are acting up, like there's more than one button mapped at the same time, i.e Fantasy Zone, Button 1 does both the gun+missile, and button 2 Presses Down+Missiles. Got a real master system pad coming for it, so hopefully that's all it needs, i don't want to pay out the ass for a real fucking master system.

Galactic Assault, Magic Knight Rayearth, Sky Target(Think After Burner if it was in early 3d), and Albert Odyssey for saturn
Silpheed, and Lords of Thunder(Even if the turbografx version is slightly better in minor ways) for Sega CD

I recall there being some kind of weirdness with the controllers, so some Master System games require an actual Master System controller to play properly. Maybe a Power Base Converter, or modern equivalent, instead of buying an actual SMS?

I just used my Genesis controller on my SMS once I got one and it seemed to work fine. It also works on the various Atari systems. Makes some games a lot more fun to play.

because they hate success, money, and fun. but mostly it was because the Japanese executives hated how much more successful Sega of America was and decided to self sabotage out of jealousy, it's enlightening/saddening reading about the history of Sega from the people that worked there, once you see how loony the executive branch in Japan was everything makes complete sense.

How much is known about the japanese branch's president (the dead one) and his influence on all of it? Or he was trying to prevent it all?

Nakayama, he isn't dead if that's who you're referring to just old as shit. He's the one who sent the order to these things out of bullshit pride, funnily enough he went to go work for (((Microsoft))) afterwards.

According to everything we've seen so far, VC4 should be fine unless they somehow find a way to monumentally fuck it up.
Also finally an excuse to post this.

Hayao Nakayama? He's not dead, but insanely fucking abusive as hell, he pretty much foster the anti-American sentiment, because he decided to fucking abuse the Japanese staff for not doing as well as the American side of things.

So Japan culture being Japan culture, blame the Americans instead of their own failings and failing to understand the Japanese market at the time. For some reason, they didn't understand the Japanese market and saw how the SNES dominated thanks to Squaresoft's RPGs. Since Square's relationship with Nintendo was fucking deteriorating, why didn't they give a good deal to Squaresoft, to work with Sega?

Tom Kalinske talks about the abuse, a lot.
seganerds.com/2016/03/09/interview-tom-kalinske-at-the-new-york-toy-fair/

Also, pic related about more Sega mistakes. They did everything they could to fuck over Tom. I feel sorry for Tom alot, even though he is a Trump hating cuck.

That's Patrick Lawson nigger tier of stupidity (yeah, the same guy saying Sega is making Dreamcast 2 and other shit). Stolar was fired by Sony for being a idiot and saying all the games should be fighting games. Sega of Japan decides to hire him cause "hurr, Sony". Stolar says move Sega of America's Redwood City headquarters, a really great facility that's near all of the other developers, to San Francisco, which is known for having insanely expensive and highly taxed land, so the costs of running Sega of America go through the roof.

I don't think he's an agent, he's just a really fucking stupid jew kike. Although it wouldn't surprise me if the jews tried to take out Sega, cause after the kikes sold Sega to Japan and it was transformed into a Japanese company, they became more successful. Jews fucking hate that. Less shekels in their pocket.

have faith, Sega has a notoriously uncanny ability to fuck up easy victories with completely nonsensical choices. I'm sure they'll attempt all manner of self sabotage, but I pray the game is great and succeeds in spite of the inmates running the Sega asylum

I have a feeling it'll be good.
Worst case scenario will be if they slap Denuvo on it, but it should not be possible for things to get worse than that.
It's just that there is always this lingering possibility of something going terribly wrong when it clearly should not.

By inmates, you mean the idiots in the suits?

And now all sega has is Sonic, Hatsune Miku, Persona, Yakuza, and whatever the fuck SEGA Europe does aside from fuck PC ports up with Denuvo.

Everything that was not Sonic was killed and buried in short order, and they never replaced them with anything worth a shit. Even the Platinum games stuff, the only one that even made it to a franchise was stolen away by nintendo.

I was referring to some japanese higher up that died and left his fortune to Sega. I thought that he was the president or a CEO of Sega. Can't remember his name.
As for Kalinske, i have read "Console Wars", and the overall ass kissing from the author made me skeptical at everything. Even more so that Kalinske tries to blame everything on the japanese branch, but we only have his word and the words of a bunch of really anti-japanese employees at the american branch. I really wold like to hear more about it from other sources, because the Kalinske's "troupe" seems to always talk about the same issues, but without anyone to contest them, it comes out as just excuses. Seeing as how Al Nielsen and the majority of the american branch turned out to be cucks, i would not discard the opinion that they might have been lying all this time.
As for Stolar, the fact that he wanted to move everything to San Francisco should have been a red flag even back then. The idiot was against RPGs, against 2D, and against Tekken on the Dreamcast. The first time that he spoke in public, Sega should have fired him. And never hire deformed kikes, of course.

They always rushed to newer things, instead of keeping the already well accepted franchises. This killed them in the long run.
When i heard about the Saturn, i was waiting to see the new Streets of Rage, new Golden Axe, new E-Swat, new Toejam & Earl, new Alien Storm, and so on. None of it was even mentioned for Saturn. And it got to the point that the console did not even have a proper Sonic sequel. Even with Panzer Dragoon, Gardian Heroes, Radiant Silvergun and other great games, i was so let down that i turned to see what those Playstation or something guys were doing. And i stayed with them all the way to the PS2.

That is true, about how we only have Kalinske's word, but I think people are more inclined to believe him due to him being in charge of Sega of America during their greatest period of success, so they'll lap up anything he says. I got to admit, when he started posting a ton of anti-Trump shit on his Twitter, my heart kinda sank. So I might be more inclined to be more skeptical about him on the future. But no matter what, what happened at Sega was pretty much a shit show, with all of the self destruction.

As for the dead member of Sega, you're thinking of Isao Okawa. I don't know him that much, except he left his fortune to Sega, like you said.

That is the guy. I wonder if he had anything to do with the whole situation in Japan. To leave his fortune to the company, he at least must have cared (and be influential) enough there, and i always wondered if he had done something about the supposed sabotage at Sega of Japan.
And Kalinske, yeah, if you read his words on jewitter, you can spot a deceiving liberal in almost anything of what he says. This, and the overall ass kissing that the western industry has for him made me suspicious of his "tales from Sega" whenever he talks about it.

How good were the Shining Force games?

Please no. How bad is it?
He was a Chairman, and he bankrolled Dreamcast development right until he died in 2001, just two months after Sega announced they were killing the system. When Okawa passed, many saw that as the real end of classic Sega.

archive.is/vfUKK
archive.is/MXf8h
archive.is/LBR3e

Sega dying at the hands of Sega of Japan was awful, buy if you imagine them as having seen into the future seeing these two tweet this shit, it's not quite as enraging to know that Hayao Nakayama smashed Tom Kalinske's pet project Sega Pico in front of him screaming: "UNACCEPTABRU".

archive.is/PCgPh

Bonus: Working Designs talking about how (((Bernie Stolar))) was an idiot who hated RPGS and is probably why Sony let him go in the first place, who then fired around 300 people at Sega Of America, a big chunk of whom ran into the arms of Sony Of America.

web.archive.org/web/20100121065927/http://www.lunar-net.com:80/interviews/vic1.php

Do you know if it's possible to combine the undub with the Un-Working Designed patch?

Hmm. I have several Pico systems, and a bunch of the books. I would capture some footage, but I need something to cover my face properly. Never let Google see your face. Much of the Pico's merit is lost when you can only see the TV. It wasn't a bad idea, contrary to Kalinske's decision to continue living, based on his Twatter behavior.

I know all that. I was asking if someone knows anything about him truly commanding anything at Sega, or taking part in this suposed sabotage, or being against it.

Knowing Kalinske's thoughts via jewitter was what made me think that everything that he and his team said about Sega of Japan was either false or extremely exagerated, with an obvious covering of the american branch's part in the bad decisions of the company.
They way he talks is sopt on the "blame the other guys" mindset of many idiot suits.
Even the way it is described in the book, it is always made to sound like the japanese were goofy lunatics and the american branch were the cool guy. It is guaranteed to be all lies when they tell the occurences like that.
As for Working Designs, they are the same kind of blindfold idiots as Bernie. Only their chosen focus is different. While Bernie hated RPGs, WD loved them. But their attitude and overall mindset were the same: idiots that tried to impose their views above what the consumers wanted. Bernie with his neglect of RPGs (with the stupidity reinforced after the success of FF 7 to be thrown in his face) and WD with their censroship, (((localization))) and reprogramming of games to suit THEIR view, and not what the consumers wanted.

That looked pretty neat, what a shame.

Even knowing all the shit Kalinske Tweets, it still hurts to see it. Didn't know Nilsen was a cuck as well. Hurts more. Have they forgotten Trump played a part in the success of the Genesis?

Soy causes brain damage.

Case in point.

So has Slim Shady. :^)
The election really brought out the worst in people.

Leftists only care about their brainwashing, and nothing else.
If you read the interviews with Kalinske and Nielsen in "Console Wars", you will see the typical "Helo, fellow gamers. We are the cool guys and we are progressive, you know?" in a lot of them, while at the same time bashing the japanese, as all leftist cucks do, being afraid of the nips as they all are.
To me, it was not a surprise to see them revealing themselves as failed liberals. But it made me be more certain that THEY were (at least greatly) responsible for the downfall of Sega in the west, and not the japanese branch as they say every time.
No leftist can make a company last long and be successful. I am sure that some of "their" good decisions were made by others and they took credit for all of it.

I too would like to know this.

Remember, Kalinske didn't join Sega until, I think, in 1990, after the Genesis launched. He probably has no idea that Trump was at the Genesis' US launch.

Still, you'd think a guy who pioneered aggressive, competitive, shit-talking marketing in video games would have some respect or at least understanding of someone like Trump who brought aggressive, competitive, shit-talking campaigning back into politics.

The worst part about that shit was SOJ kept the pico alive in japan years after they killed it in the west AND EVEN MADE A NEW ONE LONG AFTER THEY EXITED THE HARDWARE MARKET.

I need to go back and finish PS2 and 4 for good. Maybe I'll convince myself to trudge through 3. SF CD, III, and Holy Ark are on the block as well. God I miss Camelot.

Seeing that market flyer makes me miss the days where I'd flip through old mags and see advertisements for amusement machines, shit ton of Sega stuff and some of these weird ass cabinets with crazy themes like fucking catapults in the wild west or some shit. My family used to have a pachinko machine, so seeing new marble arcade games was always thrilling for my 6-year old mind back then.

Sometimes I like to drift off to alternate worlds in my head. It's not AP but it's damn nice and I get where you're coming from. Fantasy Zone is a rad game, too.

Kalinske, as all liberals, don't "understand" anything. They go with what their circlejerk tells them to.
That is why i think that most (if not all) achievements atribued to Kalinske are either false or exagerations. He always sound like he is the kind who put his name on the works of others without knowing much about said work.

Probably, they saw the way that the american branch was going to market it, and did not want to get it there.

What did you expect, it consist mainly of sonic fan

when i was a kid i saw a pacman cabinet that looked like the top of the middle picture. Never saw one like it again.

?

no i dont think it had any logos on it. It looked extremely old and didnt have any coin slots. You just walked up and played it.

PS4 is the best 16-bit jrpg and one of the best jrpg's ever, have fun, my dude.

That image doesn't work with uncucked thumbnail sizes.

Thanks, I tried to play this game but the US version's difficulty was ridiculous.

Anyone wanting to play Streets of Rage 3 should also play the JP version.

Fuck, master system pad is doing the same thing, wonder if the genesis's pins are fucked.better try the spare model 2.

If you think that's sad, imagine this: Knuckles' Chaotix was originally conceived as a real Sonic The Hedgehog 4 for Sega Saturn back in the day, but was horribly butchered into Sonic Crackers in cartridge form and finally wound up on the 32X as a spinoff, released but a mere shadow of the Sonic 3 & Knuckles follow-up it was really intended to be.

Source: forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=32911&st=15&p=785891&#entry785891

Why this outrageous development history isn't more well-known, I can only blame the remaining supreme faggots at Sonic Retro for not having their little autistic shit together.

That's because Crackers was just a test for Sonic 4/Chaotix. Crackers isn't a game.

True.

The Saturn not having a proper Sonic game was the main reason that made me avoid the console in it's first years.

Pretty much, yeah, basically a dumbed-down tech demo to test the hardware while they prepped for the 32X conversion.

Did I mention that it's all Sega of Japan's fault?

Yes, everyone and their mom knows that. Though considering how much of cuck Tom Kilenske's become, I'm starting to believe he's exaggerated some of SoJ's shortcomings.

No that i think it'd help if he came back, It's just the matter of the 20+ years of consistent fuck ups since the guy left the company taht keep me from being skeptical.

maybe a converted Frogger cocktail?

Who needs a proper Sonic game when you can have Sonic R, the best platformer-racer hybrid of all time?

They're alright if you know which one's you're picking up.

Okay grid turn-based strategy game. Easy to crutch with the game's god characters. Knights are usually OP. Story isn't that great past the second chapter. Cool world and character designs, though (one of the enemies in the later games is a four-armed skeleton with a machine gun and duel axes in a game with dwarfs that have knives). Your main character isn't useless on the battlefield, which was pretty cool for the time. Wouldn't recommend though because RotDD exists.

The game has a few really cool standout moments, like the entire circus battle in Chapter 2 or the church scene immediately afterwards.

Remake of the first game with an improved and expanded story that adds in three characters, including character that can replicate stats based off of boss, allies, and enemy effects through a new card system, which is nice. Each battle now has an extra reward for beating it within a turn count, which if you adhere to it fixes the problem of the original's piss-easy difficulty by requiring you to take risks and makes the Laser Eye fight actually fun. The game also steadily increases difficulty as its New Game+.

Made me drop the series. The anime cutscenes are pretty nice to look at, but you need to be fucking deaf to play this game. The game takes a hack-and-slash approach instead of a grid RPG, which causes framerate issues in certain sections whenever literally about a dozen or so enemies will warp onto the screen in some of the middle levels.

I can't comment on the story too far since I stopped shortly after meeting the game's white mage, for the sole reason that I literally wanted to kill myself after she and a fucking furaffinity OC with a french accent started speaking (see youtu.be/yMhji8TDYaI?t=17m32s for anyone curious).

You're really missing out if you just play the first/only US release. It, and Scenario 2, 3 plus the platinum disc all form an amazing game.

The sword of Hajya is nice as a portable game, maybe gaiden 1 or 3 if you know jap or own an everdrive GG, but the Sega CD remake i'd say is the weakest of the 3 genesis Shining Force games.
It and EXA are just shitty cash grabs, shining force in name only. I hope camelot cames back to make a 4th game, but i wonder if they can even do it at this point, the last non tennis/golf game was almost 8 years ago, and it wasn't exactly good.

This.
I will go further and say that ALL of Sega's bad decisions in the 90s were made by the american branch, and they blamed the japanese branch whenever anything backfired. The average consumer did not have means to contact the japanese branch to confirm the truth, so Kalinske and the other cucks just lied about the "evil and crazy japs" forcing their decisions.

Yes, him not liking Trump now DOES call into question everything that he had done in the past. Being anti-Trump after he became President is proof enough of someone being a a deceiving liberal and a total liar and turns all the actions of said person to be at least suspicious.

Only the soundtrack with everybody super sonic racing and all. But seriously, i avoided the Saturn for more than 3 years, until other good games started to be released to the console and be more known so i cold find them. Still never bought one.

There is something about you that is simply not genuine, but aside from the very consistent meme spacing across every single one of your posts ITT, i can't put my finger on it.

You will get used to it ;)
And i do mean what i said about Kalinske.
He and his goons wanted only "attitude" games, without too much japanese influence. All games that he brought from Japan that were too japanese received almost no marketing, such as the Phantasy Star series on Genesis.
-The Sega CD and 32X had a suspicious abundant western library of games. To me, it seems like Kalinske and his goons do wanted both add-ons to be released in the market, but when they backfired, they blamed the japanese when interviewd, to save face.
-Him and his goons clearly did not want the Saturn. Maybe because it's launch titles had the japanese flavor in most of them. You can see too much difference in the way that the japanese and american branches treated the Saturn marketing. I would say that the failed srprise launch was Kalinske's idea, and again, he blamed the japanese, in a time when nobody could contact the japanese branch to clarify things.
-The Saturn's situation is even more suspicious when you have Kalinske stepping down just after the failed launch. It looks like a sabotage. In my opinion, he tried to make the Saturn flop, and when the japanese branch did not cancel the Saturn in the west even then, he resigned. He wanted to keep the bullshit of "cool guys with attitude and no jap flavors", and when he saw that he would not be allowed to, he left, after sabotaging the launch.
There is more, but this is a shortened version of what i think about the whole deal. Seeing his recent tweets made clear that AT LEAST, he is a lying and deceiving scumbag who spread flase rumors and blow them out of proportion to sound like he is the victim.

Sonic 3 Complete.

I never got why 3&K removed the cool as fuck third phase of Launch Base's boss.

It is available in Compete.

Reading all of this shit here makes me wish me and the anons here were billionaires and we can take over Sega.

And get some guns and gas chambers while we're at it. Go mafia style or something.

I'm still hoping for a big vidya crash first. That's what's needed to clean up the industry. And a day of the rope.

Fuckā€¦double spacing cause doing school work too where the teacher wants everything to be fucking double spaced. Now you know where meme spacing come from. (((Education system)))

Contribute to the crash by raising awareness to as many normalfags as you can.
When most of them start to doubt everything said by companies, the crash will be possible. We are already walking that path. Accelerate it, and it can happen soon.

I'm still sad Dreamcast's life was cut short.

You can thank Kalinske's and Stollar's sabotage for it, when both tried to move the company away from the japanese talents, each in their time working for Sega.
When it became clear that the Dreamcast was not gonna have Sega's classics again (as it was the case with the Saturn), with the exception of Sonic, most people abandoned it.