So for those not in the know, it's highly likely that we're getting a Nintendo Direct either this week or next week...

So for those not in the know, it's highly likely that we're getting a Nintendo Direct either this week or next week. It's expected to be as big as their E3 showing, especially since they're gonna try shilling their paid online services. While paid online in itself is scummy as shit, I do see them finally bringing things like virtual console games, cloud saves, themes and even an OS redesign with either this direct or E3. Either way it's gonna be a nice event where we can all bundle up in our covers and get comfy.

With that I was wondering what Holla Forums is hoping for this Nintendo Direct? Wonderful 102? Custom Robo? Golden Sun? F-Zero? Star-Fox Zero redone without the gimmick shit? I'd like to speculate about this Nintendo Direct with all of you.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=emulate four swords adventures over netplay
vk.com/wall-51893306?own=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I expect a new F-Zero that they won't show off too much since it doesn't do anything particularly exciting beyond being a new F-Zero and being a crossover of the F-Zero GX universe and the GP Legend universe

yeah, I'm expecting that or GX with online

Mate, What makes you so sure?

Based on recent history they would either have a Nintendo Direct in December or January, and since December already passed it's safe to say that we'll get a new Nintendo Direct by next week.

Either that or they can be jerks and put it towards the end of January, but it's unlikely.

If you can call circlejerks of a single company that.
At least during PSX which is also a shit event by a shut company everyone here collectivelly shat on it.
Same won't happen in this case out of pure (((coincidence))) though, no matter how shit it turns out to be be, or even if it amounts to literally fucking nothing.

Nintendo prioritized a mediocre third party over it how delusional are you?
You won't see Captain Falcon in a game besides Smash for at least 10 more years.

The difference between PSX and Nintendo Directs is the one of them actually shows off games and not open world survival walking simulators for two hours

PSX in 2016 was great, although PSX 2017 was fucking abysmal. I feel sorry for those who actually paid to see DMC5.

So, it won’t be big at all.

Pretty sure Nintendo's gimmick with their Switch games is exacrly what you described. BotW, Odyssey and if the rumors for Pokemon are true then that will confirm it. You know how like the Wii was all waggle and the GC era was all about water and shit.

- I'm gonna clap because I know nintendo!
- Yes Jay, my parents bought me a nintendo too!
- Let's buy the new versions of the game we love when we were 6!!!

Fuck off Mike.

games would be nice

I've changed

Comb your beard, I don't want to hear that shit.

Wow Mark, you're bad at making threads.

2 games?
1 of which was like, 1 of 3 of that series on the system? Good lord how horrifying

I for one can't wait for the next first party game that's exactly like every other title in the series. Hail Nintendo.

Wario Ware never, thanks a lot Sakamoto. Rhythm Heaven Switch when?

Isn't Tsunku♂ like really really sick

Custom Robo didn't have water, neither did Chibi-Robo if memory serves me correctly.

It was more reflections than water

O-oh. I didn't know that.

And while I got this on the mind, can you emulate four swords adventures over netplay? I think I asked in a dolphin thread like a year ago and didn't get an answer

I think he got better but I'm not 100% sure

lmgtfy.com/?q=emulate four swords adventures over netplay

nigga if I wanted to google it I'd google it.
sometimes faggots here have answers that haven't been posted on some forum 39 pages down in a websearch

hoping for at least one good first party game for 3ds, a few good 3rd party games
But what I think we might get the first footage of Persona q 2 and a confirmation of detective pikachu being translated into english

I will continue hoping that Skip Ltd. will finally make a good game again, or that they'll at the very least remake Captain Rainbow so it can have a second shot.
Also not necessarily related to the direct, but I really want to know what the fuck Kamiya is doing.

What I want:
I have low expectations for what it will actually be, though. They'll probably talk about the next pay to win DLC for that godawful FE musou and stuff I don't care about. And there will be more of those dumb little figures, I'd wager.

Wario is only associated with his mini game collections and farting now.

I really wish they would make a proper paper mario game.
Maybe an hd port of an old game like fzero gx or star fox assault with online,or maybe a new star fox game that isn't a remake of star fox 64.
But it's nintendo so don't expect much.

Dude, you now just being mad at the type of spoon i'm feeding ya the info. I mean there's a fucking video tutorial on the fucking first page, ya lazy prick.

Well maybe you should have thought about that besides doing quite literally the most useless passive aggressive faggoty thing you could possibly do, you spankity fucking cunt.
Also minor concern, the hooktube embed opened a youtube embed.

The ssb amiibos were kinda cool,an AI that learns from you is a nice idea.

I got one as a gift but it doesn't seem like it actually learns from you. It ended up playing completely differently from me. It seems like it's just got some preset behaviours that it will start or stop doing based on its level. I wanted to turn it into a suicide bomber. Now it just sits on the shelf behind my actual figures.

Spoonfeeding has always been a touchy subject on imageboards, since it goes against the 'lurk moar' mantra. Implying to look for yourself, since that's what anyother motherfucker would of done unless he did it first hand himself seem to be the best option. Especially that the video is on the first fucking page.
Yeah that is worrying

Well it's not like E3 gave me any hope so I have no reason to look forward to Nintendo Direct.

Honestly I'd rather have Mario & Luigi RPG 5 over a new paper mario, unless they did it REALLY fucking well.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA
its not gonna happen, Echoes didn't sell as well as their garbage-tier games

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I'll fucking laugh my ass off if they port over the wii u bombs on the switch, like that persona/fire emblem game or Star Fox Zero. Honestly all they needed to do with the starfox game was to make the crosshairs accurate on screen and most of the complaints would evaporate.

Remember that Echoes wasn't a big budget title. It was pretty much made from the scraps of Fates, and for what it was it sold pretty fucking nicely.
If the Echoes series becomes a normal thing, I'm honestly okay with it. They're cheap to make, and from what we saw of SoV, very faithful. Almost to the point where it's detrimental.

That's sadly never gonna happen,if they make another one it'll probably be the same as color splash.
if they make another mario & luigi i hope genos is in it

The January ones are second behind E3 IIRC

Hope he dies.

Simple, a Gamecube Virtual Console. Why you may ask?

A memo from EA about promoting their game called "Fe" got sent (accidentally?) to a reddit user that stated that there would be a January Direct (which said game would appear in). That where the info has come from.
Nintendo seems to usually broadcast their standard Directs at roughly the same time/day of week, with a date announcement about 24 hours before hand. So if one was intended this week (2 days from now) a broadcast announcement would be tomorrow.

They patched the switch to support the gamecube controller adapter from the Wii U (Including analog input) so it's certainly a possibility.

Gamecube and Wii emulation is a safe bet, especially with the Nvidia TV thing getting the games in China

Well, Nintendo has been moving through their major IP releases on Switch very quickly. Within two years of Switch release, Switch will have

What other franchises do they have after they do all those? They have no choice but to make new IP to start digging back into older IP like F-Zero and other more niche games.

The only thing that's missing is the new Smash, and I assume they'll have that ready for next holiday season. Nintendo is certainly going to keep Switch around more than three years before they start another Zelda/Mario/etc release cycle.

They are going to have to start digging though their older IP. Switch selling so well has left them with enough cash to make more games. Wii U didn't sell worth a shit and didn't make much money, they had to spread resources out to stretch those game releases.

Or they can just port all the games that sold like shit on the wii u.

You forgot Pokemon

also

I wouldn't be surprised if they rehashed some games like Star Fox Zero and Wonderful 101. but yeah, there was an article that claimed "Koizumi says to expect more than just traditional Nintendo IPs for Nintendo Switch next year"

Hopefully this means more revivals of more niche IPs, crossovers and new IPs.

Remember, if people (normies) haven't played or heard of the game, then it's a "new" game to them.

You mean all of them?
It has to be an interesting process to decide which games to port and which not to. Do you take the ones that sold well or the ones that didn't and need a second chance? MK8 (the highest selling Wii U game) sold 8.35 million (Sep 2017) while MK8D sold 4.42 million (Sep 2017), with 1.2 million of those were sold in the first 3 days making it the fastest selling in the series history.
Was this just an exception with people being hungry for games at the Switch launch or example of what could happen if more Wii U to Switch enhanced ports happen?

That's an interesting dilemma you presented. I mean I do genuinely believe the thing that killed star fox zero was having to look at the tablet while shit on the TV gave you a better view. If you remove the bullshit from that game it becomes much more enjoyable. Like how the Donkey Kong Returns Games are better on the 3DS and the Wii U just because you don't have to flick the remote every time you want to roll. But judging the rate of return of a successful game by wii u standards it's a pretty shitty return of revenue if you port it on the switch.

According to one of the nintendo VK pages, a new direct might be coming soon. The guy in the pic is asking if there's any news about the January Direct and the reply from Nintendo is greeting the man with a good afternoon and telling him to "Follow the news". It doesn't confirm exactly when, or even if, there's a direct this month, but it's probably something.

vk.com/wall-51893306?own=1

Smash announcement as well as a second Smash Ballot competition, Animal Crossing for the switch, and, if it's real, info about the 5.0 update. Really high hopes, but I'm prepared for disappointment.

Retro Studios are making something.
I think there was talk of Pikmin 4 a while ago.
It would be nice to see another Kid Icarus that isn't bound to a handheld.

translation of that pic please?

I expect nothing but talking about already announced titles, many series long since abandoned, if you want a new f-zero stop buying yakuza every year.

Talk of pikmin 4 doesnt really mean anything, retro could have spent the last 4 years working dev support, kid icarus will probably not see a sequel anytime soon, too many ips too few studios.

I just want a jap direct and have a new A列車で行こう get announced for the switch so I can have some mobile autism.

I want an Animal Crossing announcement. I want to get fucking comfy.

Even if they re-released Kid Icarus: Uprising with decent fucking controls I would be happy. It was an interesting game I just couldn't grok the controls, and every attempt ended in cramps.
I wouldn't mind seeing a Platinum-esque take on it either, since Pit can (since Smash at least) do melee and ranged attacks, with the same tone as Uprising's localisation which was surprisingly fun and upbeat.

I'm not gonna speculate or expect anything this time because I know it will only make me disappointed in the end.

Not gonna happen. Switch can't handle it.

New possible leak from (((Gamestop))). They deleted their tweet a couple minutes after they posted it, so there's only this screen grab.

Big if true

new wario game when
i'll take anything. wario land. wario ware. wario rpg. wario rts. wario dating sim.

What a concept

Can't make this shit up

Should I buy a Switch? I only want to play Zelda.

come for the zelda stay for the everything else

Are Retro Studios not making Metroid 4? It sure as shit wont be Tecmo again.

I only want to play cel-shaded games, what can you offer me?

I think they said it is a "new team." We don't actually know any details other than that.

Xenoblade 2?

Splatoon 2 is addictive as fuck. I think Unreal Tournament 99 was the last time I had that much fun with a shooter.

I wonder if we will find out what retro is doing inb4 ravenblade or hammer revival

You wnt see fzero because miyamoto thinks each genre should only have 1 ip to it, and mariokart is the racing ip.

Would not be surprised if a jp direct in the near future announced rythem heaven switch.

I hope for these 2.

Actually, that was only part of it, the arwalker controlled really badly, the fact that quite a bit of the game was starfox n64 remastered did not help, but ultimately people wanted an open space flight game.

>start doing what (((they))) want