Check what the top selling fighting games are on Steam

When did the term "fighting game" become so damn broad?

Other urls found in this thread:

techradar.com/news/meet-for-honor-the-game-with-a-life-of-its-own-that-its-creator-had-to-relearn-how-to-play?source=in
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kill yourself

You're a fucking retard

what? even if you use the extremely narrow "two characters fighting each other on a 2D plane with complex movesets" definition there are still 4 fighting games there. (touhou, SF5, tekken 7, and injustice) – and there's a very solid argument to be made for including ultimate ninja storm, xenoverse, fire pro wrestling, for honor, and gang beasts in the "fighting" category

I have no idea what clone drone in the danger zone is

fighting games are for niggers and spics

You better show your library of fightan if you don't want to be laughed at.

For Honor is alright

it was a neat concept and the game played okay, but reliance on peer-to-peer connections and connectivity with uplay killed it

Well there is this

That is the definition of too little too late.

How the fuck can you change a connection interface while the game is still live?

You remember that bearded faggot who was promoting For Honor? Get this he leaves the For Honor team 2 months after it launched and a guy is put in charge. The new guy fucking announces dedicated servers 2 weeks after hes put in charge.

The bearded guy kept defending P2P till he fucking left

You can’t be serious that’s baffling I thought Ubisoft suits were behind the P2P

No… what? Gabe?

This guy

I'd go as far to say that AoCF is a fighting game too, considering it that it plays like one outside of the Touhou bullshit.

I cannot comprehend stupidity of that caliber. Didn't even fucking reddit ceaselessly bitch about P2P?

I was bandwagoning with a friend

The joke is that SF5 and Injustice are so bad they don't deserve to be called fighting games

I see 5 fighting games there. Tekken, Naruto, SFV, Injustice, and 2hu 15.5.

You're alright. Are you willing to play some matches?

I count 4, OP.

That's mindblowing. How anybody other than an MBA-toting, gaming-illiterate middle management fucktard could possible defend P2P in that game is beyond comprehension. There were game-breaking exploits because of this system that existed since beta. It's not an exaggeration to say that caused the death of the game.

He unironically thought P2P was a good choice

techradar.com/news/meet-for-honor-the-game-with-a-life-of-its-own-that-its-creator-had-to-relearn-how-to-play?source=in

What the fuck

Idea Guys are a cancer in the games industry holy shit

I know it hurts, but they're still fighting games, even if they're shameless cash grabs spearheaded by idiots.

I'm so far out of practice you'd be better off playing with a random, but if you're hard-up for someone to play with I wouldn't mind.

/id/bulletwithbutterflywings/

Most of the time I spent in the game, P2P wasn't nearly as big of a problem as the fat fuck character that inexplicably could NOT be staggered which is something I just did not expect from a "competitive" game

Yatagarasu AoC is easily the best fighting game I've ever played, and King of Fighters 14 is pretty enjoyable too (I fell for the temporary exclusive meme and got that on PS4) and it absolutely baffles me that somehow the new standard for a "good"/popular fighting game is whatever Capcom shits out rather than genuinely enjoyable video games.

To be honest I like and still play For Honor and even it should not be considered a fighting game. People kept shilling it as the ultimate 1v1 experience or some shit. However For Honor does not know what identity it wants to take when it was announced people thought it was going to be Ubisofts MOBA then suddenly its a game with fighting game mechanics and people shilled over that portion hard.

The community of For Honor is split one side (the largest majority) want the devs to focus more on 4v4 while the smallest majority (1v1) scream the loudest. Certain heroes in 1v1 were poorly balanced since they were made with 4v4 in mind.

Well that sucks for you however I do wish for honor bounces back since consoles seem to be carrying it this far

like anyone here gives a shit im probably gonna get spammed with smug girls for saying I still play for honor

Is Absolver any good in terms of singleplayer?

I'm still pretty new to Chaos Code and only have a few hours in the game. The game I'm trying to learn is Arcana Heart but I put it on the sideline for Gundam Versus and EDF5. I'll go ahead and make an open room on Chaos Code.

I definitely enjoyed it when I played. Azure was the coolest character but my main was Hina.

Oh, you meant right NOW? I'm getting ready for bed soon, that's why I posted my steam ID

It's maybe 2 hours long, if that. The entire world is the size of a single Dark Souls area, really.

The popular stuff is what's considered good while the lesser-known gems get ignored. That's just how the world works, unfortunately.

I know some people that play, and they seem to like it enough to stay with it. A few of them still buy AAA though, so i'm not sure how much that really means.

Fucking kill yourself Ubikike, go back to your fucking Rainbow Six circlejerks you ahit taste autist.

Fucking why?

What this board needs is a purge

Why dont you create another Holla Forums? is that not what Holla Forums is for? Its totally not a flawed system what so ever right

When Smash got popular; maybe Power Stone.

"platform fighting game"

Gotcha. Maybe we can play sometime.

Reminds me of Koihime Enbu. It always has a large number of people entering it during AnimEVO and will too in Japan's Evo this year. It's a surprisingly good game that's compared to Street Fighter. For the most part it's pretty basic but the game constantly has you trading hits back and forth making it pretty intense. Very heavy on footsies and spacing. However, if you get a good read you get a really hard punish. Imagine if every character could deal damage like SFV Balrog with full meter just from 1 crush counter. I'm surprised more people here don't play this game. The great soundtrack really helps.

Nep fighting game when?

Supposedly the game got good after many patches. The anti-consumer practices, glitches, and other nonsense pushed everyone away. By the time they fixed it, everyone was gone. MvCI will suffer the same fate but I don't even think Capcom will fix that game. It would take so much work for a game no one will play. Especially when DBFZ is coming soon. Though I'm not really anticipating that.

Meh, friend bought the game for me since he wanted someone to play 2v2s with, the only enjoyable part of the game is beating ass with the meme Romans. I can never get tired of landing one hit on someone, and then putting them in the 10 second cutscene wombo combo with Centurion. But, the game in 4v4 can be either kinda fun, or absolute dogshit, because there's friendly fire, and teammates can knock you out of your combos.

1v1 on the other hand is absolute garbage, seeing as some characters more or less weren't even built for that shit, making them completely worthless. Balance in general is all over the fucking place, some characters are S-tier in 4v4 but D-tier in 1v1.

Which made me sad since you have to unlock your fighting moves. And they give a boring world to grind for them. If there was a mode to have all styles right away, and making an ultimate fighter it would be more populated. Or at least make the small area more fucking interesting and interconnected than it already is.

Welp. I guess I'm never picking up absolver.

You get them fast if you block, dodge or parry them effectively. But yes, it was a retarded thing to at least not add a cheat mode or full unlock area if you beat all the bosses

They wanted it to be a competitive multiplayer game before anyone else. The idea is that you would mostly learn new/rare moves from players and not the non-player characters around the tiny map. People were meant to develop their own schools/styles of play that would spread if they were good enough. It's all in the mechanics, with players being able to create schools and train each other, but the actual game is so devoid of content and cheesing is so easy that it doesn't matter.

The system isn't flawed at all, your existence is.

fighting games are shit anyways

This world is a nightmare.

What pisses me off about for honor is that it scratches the itch for melee weapon related 1v1 combat, making the possibility of bushido blade 3 or even a good bushido blade clone with good net play almost impossible.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand For Honor

aahhhh yeaaaah!
Steam was a mistake, and should evaporate.

Pokemon Wealth should not be compatible with 2DS

It should be a switch exclusive, that requires a a peripheral and an amiibo for "bonus" features such as using the Bike.

how about you kill yourself?

When does Pokémon Middle Class come out, I think I’ll get that.

Oh, are you one of those retards who believe SF and VF define the genre, and no other formula qualifies?

why are you bumping a 2 day old thread dumb nigger?